PDA

View Full Version : Rush Limbaugh Uncovered Vast Liberal Conspiracy Against Romney

scott
07-19-2012, 10:44 AM
http://blog.mysanantonio.com/texas-on-the-potomac/2012/07/rush-vs-batman-limbaugh-sees-liberal-conspiracy-in-movie-villain-named-bane/

Rush vs. Batman: Limbaugh sees liberal conspiracy in movie villain named Bane
Posted on 07/19/2012 by Joe Garofoli

On his show this week, El Rushbo pointed out that the villain in the new flick, which opens Friday is called “Bane.” As in it sounds like “Bain”…as in “Bain Capital,” the sweet spot for the past many months of attacks from Obama supporters — and Romney’s fellow Republicans in the primary. Did we all forget that the pro-Gingrich super PAC paid to air a 27-minute documentary slamming Romney’s Bain tenure?

But to Rush, it is only a liberal conspiracy. Said Rush:

“The villain in “The Dark Knight Rises” is named Bane, B-a-n-e. What is the name of the venture capital firm that Romney ran and around which there’s now this make-believe controversy? Bain. The movie has been in the works for a long time. The release date’s been known, summer 2012 for a long time. Do you think that it is accidental that the name of the really vicious fire breathing four eyed whatever it is villain in this movie is named Bane?”

Stick with Rush here, because he’s about to leap the Logic Gap:

“A lot of people are gonna see the movie, and it’s a lot of brain-dead people, entertainment, the pop culture crowd, and they’re gonna hear Bane in the movie and they’re gonna associate Bain. The thought is that when they start paying attention to the campaign later in the year, and Obama and the Democrats keep talking about Bain, Romney and Bain, that these people will think back to the Batman movie, “Oh, yeah, I know who that is.”

We don’t doubt for a second that once this latest “Batman” becomes a megahit, Democratic operatives will be making Bane/Bain references with such regularity that you’ll want to hurl. We’ll bet the price of a 3-D movie ticket on that.

That said, there are (at least) two problems with Rush’s liberal conspiracy theory/way to kill three hours every morning:
1. The Bane character was created in 1992…about a year before Mitt Romney was even thinking of starting his unsuccessful Senate campaign in Massachusetts. He — Bane, not Romney — debuted in 1993.
2. The Bane character was created by a CONSERVATIVE, Chuck Dixon.

“Graham and I are both staunch conservatives, so from our angle there is no liberal agenda,” Dixon said, name-checking his partner Graham Nolan.

“It’s ridiculous. Obviously Bane was not created as an attack on Mitt Romney. We never heard of Romney twenty years ago,” Dixon told the nationally syndicated “Schnitt Show” Tuesday.

Besides, Dixon said the comparison between Bane and Romney doesn’t work. “My understanding is that Bane is more of an Occupy Wall Street type. Romney is more like Bruce Wayne.”

The big winner here: Dixon, who hears the cash register ring anytime Bane is used. “He’s been my own Bane Capital!”

baseline bum
07-19-2012, 11:46 AM
Rush is like a 9-11 truther but with an audience.

TeyshaBlue
07-19-2012, 11:47 AM
"The big winner here: Dixon, who hears the cash register ring anytime Bane is used. “He’s been my own Bane Capital!"
:lol

coyotes_geek
07-19-2012, 11:49 AM
lol limbaugh

boutons_deux
07-19-2012, 12:02 PM
Limbaugh and Bachmann are having a wonderful week with their lies and slander, pays them $Ms to keep it up.

Drachen
07-19-2012, 12:34 PM
I love it.

SnakeBoy
07-19-2012, 12:57 PM
Jon Stewart likens 'Batman' villain 'Bane' to Romney's Bain Capital firm; character's creator (kind of) cries foul

Democratic adviser and former Clinton aide Christopher Lehane also seized on the opportunity to liken the villain to Romney's company, telling the Washington Examiner that "It has been observed that movies can reflect the national mood."

"Whether it is spelled Bain and being put out by the Obama campaign or Bane and being out by Hollywood, the narratives are similar: a highly intelligent villain with offshore interests and a past both are seeking to cover up who had a powerful father and is set on pillaging society," he told the newspaper.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2012/07/17/comedian-likens-batman-villain-bane-to-romney-bain-capital-firm/?amp&amp

baseline bum
07-19-2012, 12:59 PM
Every time I have listened to that fat fuck, he's evangelising some ridiculous wingnut conspiracy. The last two times I turned it on he was bitching about Obama's birth certificate the first time (2009 or so) and then the next he was complaining about Obama spending $200 million a day to take his entourage to India (last year?).

SnakeBoy
07-19-2012, 01:02 PM
Every time I have listened to that fat fuck, he's evangelising some ridiculous wingnut conspiracy. The last two times I turned it on he was bitching about Obama's birth certificate the first time (2009 or so) and then the next he was complaining about Obama spending $200 million a day to take his entourage to India (last year?).

Liberals always take his bait...why would he stop?

Clipper Nation
07-19-2012, 01:03 PM
Rush is a dumbass.... Bane (the character) existed long before anyone knew who Willard was....

baseline bum
07-19-2012, 01:05 PM
Liberals always take his bait...why would he stop?

Huh? I have listened to exactly two segments of his show since the last presidential election. Those were the topics in the two segments.

boutons_deux
07-19-2012, 01:06 PM
Rush Limbaugh's Audience May Be Much Smaller Than You Think

the only reason we "know" that 15 million people listen to Limbaugh is because the company that gets paid for syndicating Limbaugh tells us so

...common industry shorthand to determine the actual size of a radio audience at any given moment is to cut the cume figure down by a factor of 10, which would mean Limbaugh's 20 million becomes 2 million. Or, if you take the more modest cume number of 14 million, which some inside the industry have used to judge the talker's audience, Limbaugh's rating becomes 1.4 million, which is roughly the same size audience that Rachel Maddow and Keith Olbermann get each night on cable TV."

Read more: http://articles.businessinsider.com/2012-03-13/news/31158380_1_limbaugh-average-quarter-hour-radio-stations#ixzz215ozL2kb

Fact is, enough Ms listen to his crap that he gets paid with a $400M contract.

coyotes_geek
07-19-2012, 01:52 PM
Rush is a dumbass.... Bane (the character) existed long before anyone knew who Willard was....

That doesn't mean anything. Afterall, the conspiracy to cover up the fact that Obama was born and raised in Kenya started well before anyone knew who he was. :p:

mercos
07-19-2012, 03:43 PM
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8283/7605579714_e10045215d.jpg

What's really ironic is that in the comics, Bane broke Batman's back, and now Bain is busting Romney's balls.

mavs>spurs
07-19-2012, 03:50 PM
rush just copies everything alex says and throws in some disinformation with it. he's an operative.

cheguevara
07-19-2012, 03:58 PM
:lmao neocons in meltdown mode

love it

coyotes_geek
07-19-2012, 04:03 PM
rush just copies everything alex says and throws in some disinformation with it. he's an operative.

Nah, he's not an operative. He's just someone who knows how to bait an audience.

Yonivore
07-19-2012, 04:40 PM
And yet, the Liberal Left still conflates the two...

Jon Stewart likens 'Batman' villain 'Bane' to Romney's Bain Capital firm; character's creator (kind of) cries foul

Democratic adviser and former Clinton aide Christopher Lehane also seized on the opportunity to liken the villain to Romney's company, telling the Washington Examiner that "It has been observed that movies can reflect the national mood."

"Whether it is spelled Bain and being put out by the Obama campaign or Bane and being out by Hollywood, the narratives are similar: a highly intelligent villain with offshore interests and a past both are seeking to cover up who had a powerful father and is set on pillaging society," he told the newspaper.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...-firm/?amp&amp

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-19-2012, 04:43 PM
The Bane/Bain comparison is so stupid (this is coming from a liberal) that Rush is fucking up by paying it any attention and he's doing Romney a real disservice. The amount of attention and focus Obama has been able to shine on Bain Capital is remarkable.

Drachen
07-19-2012, 04:51 PM
It reminds me of the OUTRAGE that a bunch of retards had about the Lord of the rings series trying to cash in on tragedy by subtitleing their second movie the TWO TOWERS!!

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-19-2012, 04:51 PM
It reminds me of the OUTRAGE that a bunch of retards had about the Lord of the rings series trying to cash in on tragedy by subtitleing their second movie the TWO TOWERS!!
:lmao

boutons_deux
07-19-2012, 04:52 PM
The Bane/Bain comparison is so stupid (this is coming from a liberal) that Rush is fucking up by paying it any attention and he's doing Romney a real disservice. The amount of attention and focus Obama has been able to shine on Bain Capital is remarkable.

The refused tax returns is a more remarkable self-infliction. And he has essentially sworn never to release them, so if the Repug power guys get him to release, he'll look even worse, before tax analysts even tear his returns apart.

And McLiar saying pitbull bitch was a better choice than Gecko! Wow! :lol

ChumpDumper
07-19-2012, 05:40 PM
And yet, the Liberal Left still conflates the two...And yet, Republicans never pass up the chance to play the victim of comedian meanies.

ChumpDumper
07-19-2012, 05:59 PM
And lol Rush doesn't even know how movies are made.

DMX7
07-19-2012, 06:42 PM
Fuck. He's on to us.

baseline bum
07-19-2012, 06:49 PM
And McLiar saying pitbull bitch was a better choice than Gecko! Wow! :lol

She was Rush with tits and he needed a wingnut.

ElNono
07-19-2012, 08:16 PM

So you think it's a conspiracy? Tell us how you really feel about this... crofl

Clipper Nation
07-19-2012, 09:42 PM

And yet that has zero to do with the Batman comic series or the movie.....

PublicOption
07-19-2012, 11:19 PM
I like how these losers marginalize Ron Paul for being "fringe" when really the only thing fringe about Ron Paul is that he is not bought and paid for like the rest of the politicians.

Fucking oligarchy. America is starting to suck.