PDA

View Full Version : If you had to blame one player for the WCF series loss, who would it be?

DeadlyDynasty
07-19-2012, 12:29 PM
Can't be a referee or a coach, either. What player receives all of or most of the blame for the series loss?

Spurs4#5
07-19-2012, 12:32 PM
Thabo

DPG21920
07-19-2012, 12:33 PM
Durant.

silverblk mystix
07-19-2012, 12:34 PM
Team game.

Everyone on the team and coaching staff lost. Fans lost. Franchise lost.

Spurs lost.

watertorture
07-19-2012, 12:34 PM
Harden

silverblk mystix
07-19-2012, 12:36 PM
...or Kobe

because when he choked away a couple of games-it allowed OKC to advance.

spursfan1000
07-19-2012, 12:37 PM
Pop and its no question he had some of most ridiculous lineups , and he got out coached

timtonymanu
07-19-2012, 12:38 PM
Hard to choose,

Tony Parker being invisible

Danny Green going cold

Tiago Splitter being soft

Matt Bonner for wearing a Spurs uniform

tesseractive
07-19-2012, 12:41 PM
Most of the guys played their best and just got outplayed by a better team. I mean, it seems silly to blame Tim for not being 2005 Tim Duncan, because there's no way he could be.

Matt Bonner was the biggest failure at executing things he should have been able to execute, but even if he went out there and played like February Matt Bonner, I don't think that it turns the series around.

I guess if I had to pick someone, it would have to be Tony -- if he had been able to find another level, he's the one who could have carried us through two more wins. Having said that, I'm not anti-Tony or anything. He is what he is, which is an All-Star level player, and he could easily be the second-best player on a title team. Just not the best player.

baseline bum
07-19-2012, 12:51 PM
Durant

ElNono
07-19-2012, 12:58 PM
Both teams played hard. They were just the better team.

Mel_13
07-19-2012, 01:00 PM
Both teams played hard. They were just the better team.

thanks, Sheed

CGD
07-19-2012, 01:07 PM
Is this another stupid Bonner thread? If it is, how many ways can you recycle the same garbage over and over again? Lord.

thispego
07-19-2012, 01:08 PM
Can't be a referee or a coach, either. What player receives all of or most of the blame for the series loss?

Durant, for being so popular that sterne couldn't have him not playing in the finals

G-Dawgg
07-19-2012, 01:20 PM
Danny Green sucking allowed Thabo to switch over to Parker on defense.....'Nuff said..

Cant_Be_Faded
07-19-2012, 01:21 PM
Manu
Had an overall average playoffs, and very sub average okc series. After Green cratered and Manu got starting minutes he literally did nothing with them, especially in the game 6.

after starting the season as our best player, he failed the team by being incapable of stepping up his game, while Parker and Duncan were playing great, they needed Manu to play great too, and he did not.

temujin
07-19-2012, 01:21 PM
Lots of people.
All in the G6 fatal second half.

Jackson, for staring too hard at the OKC bench, thus getting a well deserved T.
Manu, for setting a pick miles from the ball, that led to the inevitable cancellation of a 3 pointer.
Parker, for watching and not touching Westbtook score and get an obvious And1.
Duncan, for blocking a Durant's shot, hence sending him to yet another trip at the foul line.
Leonard, for getting clubbed in the head, thus losing the ball out of bounds. And for doing this a good 5 feet from the "Referee".

It has been a real team debacle.

Keepin' it real
07-19-2012, 01:28 PM
Danny Green /thread

BatManu20
07-19-2012, 01:42 PM
Manu
Had an overall average playoffs, and very sub average okc series. After Green cratered and Manu got starting minutes he literally did nothing with them, especially in the game 6.

after starting the season as our best player, he failed the team by being incapable of stepping up his game, while Parker and Duncan were playing great, they needed Manu to play great too, and he did not.

Uhh are you kidding? You and I must not have been watching the same playoffs then cause Manu was one of the few players that stepped up big for us.

He had 26 points in game 1 and he was the spark plug that won us that game after we were trailing by 10 in case you forgot, and he dropped 34 in the game 5 loss where no one else wanted to step up.

He was our best 3 point threat that series when Danny Green and Gary Neal decided to fall off the face of the earth. It's a team game and no single players causes you to lose a 7 game sereis, but if you really want to point fingers, then point them at Durant, Thebo, and Green. Blaming Manu for that series loss is beyond stupid. Enough said.

SanDiegoSpursFan
07-19-2012, 01:44 PM
Lots of people.
All in the G6 fatal second half.

Jackson, for staring too hard at the OKC bench, thus getting a well deserved T.
Manu, for setting a pick miles from the ball, that led to the inevitable cancellation of a 3 pointer.
Parker, for watching and not touching Westbtook score and get an obvious And1.
Duncan, for blocking a Durant's shot, hence sending him to yet another trip at the foul line.
Leonard, for getting clubbed in the head, thus losing the ball out of bounds. And for doing this a good 5 feet from the "Referee".

It has been a real team debacle.
:lol

Mel_13
07-19-2012, 01:49 PM

BatManu20 mad that someone said something bad about Manu.

CitizenDwayne
07-19-2012, 01:59 PM
Green, Durant, and Stern all deserve a share of the blame.

Hoops Czar
07-19-2012, 02:02 PM
Manu

The series came down to game 5. Parker left Manu standing on an island all by himself. Had he bothered to show up, the Spurs most likely win the series. Parker was clearly the best player on the team and he needed to lead them if they were going to win and he chocked when it mattered most. Relying on consistency from an injury-plagued 34 year old is probably what caused the train to jump the tracks in the first place.

Darkwaters
07-19-2012, 02:05 PM
When something in life goes wrong I still just always blame Beno Udrih

Mel_13
07-19-2012, 02:07 PM

Another successful troll job. :toast

Care to answer the same question wrt the Lakers' loss to OKC?

spurs10
07-19-2012, 02:08 PM
...or Kobe

because when he choked away a couple of games-it allowed OKC to advance.
:toast

DeadlyDynasty
07-19-2012, 02:11 PM
Another successful troll job. :toast

Care to answer the same question wrt the Lakers' loss to OKC?

Wasn't meant to troll the general population, tbh:lol

To answer your question, Kobe, Pau, and Sessions...in that order.

TE
07-19-2012, 02:18 PM
Thabo, Tony, Harden, Green, Harden, and Ibaka.

Oh and fuck you too Daquean Cook.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-19-2012, 02:26 PM
Timvps thread on spurs stats for the playoffs also supports the theory that Manu failed to step up, in fact his effect on teammates was actually worse than regular season. Check the numbers.

mercos
07-19-2012, 02:32 PM
If you are blaming someone on the Spurs, it comes down to Green, Bonner, or Splitter. They were all key to the team's regular season success, and their disappearance against OKC was to great to overcome. If I had to pick one, it would be Bonner. Green and Splitter at least play good defense even when their offense is terrible. If Bonner isn't hitting shots, he is worthless.

If you are blaming an OKC performance, it has to be Ibaka. You expect Durant, Westbrook, and Harden to get their's. Those three put up 90 points in game 2 and the Spurs still won. When OKC's role players stepped up, the Spurs couldn't match them. Ibaka was the catalyst for this, especially in that game where he made every shot (forget which). Drop his shooting percentage to even 50% for the final few games and the Spurs would have won the series.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-19-2012, 02:39 PM
Spurs were supposed to have a big 3. when it came to elimination time, we only had a big 2.

Considering how close our losses were, points-wise, I blame the player with higher expectations and responsibilities.

sammy
07-19-2012, 02:44 PM
Uhh are you kidding? You and I must not have been watching the same playoffs then cause Manu was one of the few players that stepped up big for us.

He had 26 points in game 1 and he was the spark plug that won us that game after we were trailing by 10 in case you forgot, and he dropped 34 in the game 5 loss where no one else wanted to step up.

He was our best 3 point threat that series when Danny Green and Gary Neal decided to fall off the face of the earth. It's a team game and no single players causes you to lose a 7 game sereis, but if you really want to point fingers, then point them at Durant, Thebo, and Green. Blaming Manu for that series loss is beyond stupid. Enough said.

Agreed! Great post! :toast What a dumbass to blame Manu! :bang Where was the worthless one Bonner! Nowhere to be found as usual, Splitter playing soft, Parker forgetting how to play and allowing Thabo box him in, Green/Neal/Bonner laying so many bricks that could build a new dome for SA!:rollin

DPG21920
07-19-2012, 02:46 PM
DD was trying to bridge our Danny Green v OJ Mayo debate. I think I won him over to my point (only took about 60 posts).

Mel_13
07-19-2012, 03:02 PM
Wasn't meant to troll the general population, tbh:lol

To answer your question, Kobe, Pau, and Sessions...in that order.

Fair enough. For the Spurs v. OKC, it was Manu.

DD was trying to bridge our Danny Green v OJ Mayo debate. I think I won him over to my point (only took about 60 posts).

Nah, DD was trying to incite Spurfan on Spurfan crime. And he succeeded.

gambit1990
07-19-2012, 03:05 PM
If you are blaming an OKC performance, it has to be Ibaka. You expect Durant, Westbrook, and Harden to get their's. Those three put up 90 points in game 2 and the Spurs still won. When OKC's role players stepped up, the Spurs couldn't match them. Ibaka was the catalyst for this, especially in that game where he made every shot (forget which). Drop his shooting percentage to even 50% for the final few games and the Spurs would have won the series.

when it comes to okc, ibaka is who came to my mind as well.

Drom John
07-19-2012, 03:10 PM
OTOH, Spurfans did not see the same series as each other. Favorites, style, preconceptions, and so on, lead to different answers.

Me, ignoring the poster's rules, I blame Pop for panicking and not sticking to the system that got them into the WCF and a 2-0 lead. But then, I watched the WCF with faith in the system.

If I have to blame a player, I blame Splitter for not insisting for more playing time.

ElNono
07-19-2012, 03:22 PM
Not enough votes for Danny Green... back to the drawing board for DD... :lol

wildbill2u
07-19-2012, 05:59 PM
We played well the first two games. What caused the fall off in the next four?

Did OKC suddenly learn how to play tough defense without fouling? On the other hand, How did we lose that precise beautiful team offense that had been honed for over twenty straight games?

Whatever the cause of those two major changes in the working of the two teams, our team was thrown off stride and couldn't regain their mojo.

Seventyniner
07-19-2012, 07:08 PM
If I had to put it on one Spurs player, it would have to be Green; he experienced the biggest unexpected dropoff. Manu wasn't far behind on that count, though.

Still, the Spurs lost as a team, and while I'd put the biggest share of the blame on Green (taking too many angle 3s and not enough corner 3s IMO), it was still less than 15% of the total.

TDMVPDPOY
07-19-2012, 07:15 PM
no mention of parker? really?

slick'81
07-19-2012, 07:22 PM
http://www.bullcitystateofmind.com/storage/James-Harden-IS-DJ-Scrunchface.-Getty-Images.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=134020984125 7

Mel_13
07-19-2012, 07:23 PM
no mention of parker? really?

The thread has two pages.

DeadlyDynasty
07-19-2012, 07:29 PM
If I had to put it on one Spurs player, it would have to be Green; he experienced the biggest unexpected dropoff. Manu wasn't far behind on that count, though.

Still, the Spurs lost as a team, and while I'd put the biggest share of the blame on Green (taking too many angle 3s and not enough corner 3s IMO), it was still less than 15% of the total.

Good post

DPG21920
07-19-2012, 07:36 PM
:lmao

DeadlyDynasty
07-19-2012, 07:38 PM

z0sa
07-19-2012, 07:39 PM
Tim Parkmanuvich

DPG21920
07-19-2012, 07:41 PM
Fair enough. For the Spurs v. OKC, it was Manu.

Nah, DD was trying to incite Spurfan on Spurfan crime. And he succeeded.

Told ya, Mel :lol

Mel_13
07-19-2012, 07:43 PM
Told ya, Mel :lol

Coincidental happenstance.

Obstructed_View
07-19-2012, 08:04 PM
The black Kevin Love.

Wild Cobra Kai
07-19-2012, 08:34 PM
Splitter was a complete vagimatic douche.

Spurologist
07-19-2012, 08:50 PM
based purely on emotion, I'd say Harden. Those 3 pt shots were daggers. Unreal.

Since then, he's been a scrub. smh

MmP
07-19-2012, 08:54 PM
Nice very nice way of falling into a delicate yet stupid trap set by a Lakers fan. He's trying to make us go at each other. Who to blame? Lets blame a terrific Thunder team for being better.

How low are we?

Capt Bringdown
07-19-2012, 08:57 PM
A collective tendency to choke that has become this team's defining character trait in playoffs.
It would have surprising if the Spurs hadn't choked away a 2-0 lead.
Spurs are soft.

Cane
07-19-2012, 09:03 PM
Steve Kerr for getting Perkins angry and motivated :downspin:

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-19-2012, 09:19 PM
KD. If he didn't go apeshit (strangely missing in the Finals by comparison), especially that 16 in the 4th Q of game 4, we would've won the series in 5.

Spursnlego
07-19-2012, 09:37 PM
Just to throw this in, Durant, Westbrook, and Harden haven't REALLY played well since the Spurs-Thunder series. I give them credit where credit is due by way of what they did to the Spurs but just ask, "The sixth man of the year", how he's doing with team USA.

Russo21
07-19-2012, 09:50 PM
The OKC crowd in game 3. They were insane. Haven't seen a crowd like that since maybe the Utah Jazz crowd in the 97 and 98 finals. Gave OKC a massive boost.

SouthTexasRancher
07-19-2012, 09:53 PM
We won as a team and we lost as a team. Everyone contributed both to the wins and the losses. A lot of the blame falls on Pop for getting outcoached by Scott Brooks. Scott made major adjustments for game 3 and it seemed to put everyone connected with the Spurs in a state of confusion. That has happened quite a bit in the playoffs the past few years.

We are at a semi-difficult point considering age...a big gap between those with 1-3 years of NBA experience versus the other half with lots of years on the body and legs of a group not known for athleticism to begin with.

I had hoped we could have acquired another big who could still move with ease and an athletic defender to go with KL, DG & SJ. Another Bowen like player who could clamp down on guys who love to shoot...Kobe, Lebron, Durant, etc. Or a healthy Manu if he can find the proverbial fountain of youth for his fast aging body. WE really need to excel on defense this coming season to keep up with the Thunder, Lakers and Heat.

And lastly get rid of the impotent Bonner. Damn it, Pop, stop being so damn hardheaded. :ihit

therealtruth
07-19-2012, 10:01 PM
Parker was the MVP. He should have gotten the blame. He couldn't shake of Sefalosha and keep the team involved. The Spurs counter should have probably been to put Kawhi on Westbrook.

therealtruth
07-19-2012, 10:03 PM
We won as a team and we lost as a team. Everyone contributed both to the wins and the losses. A lot of the blame falls on Pop for getting outcoached by Scott Brooks. Scott made major adjustments for game 3 and it seemed to put everyone connected with the Spurs in a state of confusion. That has happened quite a bit in the playoffs the past few years.

We are at a semi-difficult point considering age...a big gap between those with 1-3 years of NBA experience versus the other half with lots of years on the body and legs of a group not known for athleticism to begin with.

I had hoped we could have acquired another big who could still move with ease and an athletic defender to go with KL, DG & SJ. Another Bowen like player who could clamp down on guys who love to shoot...Kobe, Lebron, Durant, etc. Or a healthy Manu if he can find the proverbial fountain of youth for his fast aging body. WE really need to excel on defense this coming season to keep up with the Thunder, Lakers and Heat.

And lastly get rid of the impotent Bonner. Damn it, Pop, stop being so damn hardheaded. :ihit

I agree about Pop being outcoached. Game 3 they laid an egg. Game 4 they played a close game and then Durant goes off at the end and their bigs shoot like crazy. Game 5 should have been doing the same thing with more focus. Pop's the one who preaches pounding the rock but he panicked in game 5 when he didn't need to.

racm
07-19-2012, 10:08 PM
Starting Manu was a bad call IMO...

DMC
07-19-2012, 10:32 PM
:lmao Lakers fan thinking one guy is responsible for the win or loss.

:lmao Kobe

Spurs da champs
07-19-2012, 11:32 PM
Parker was the MVP. He should have gotten the blame. He couldn't shake of Sefalosha and keep the team involved. The Spurs counter should have probably been to put Kawhi on Westbrook.

Then who would defend Durant?

If I had to blame anyone player tho it would have to be Tony, he lost his aggression from games 1 & 2 & was very marginal for the rest of the series, all tho he did have a good 1st half against the Thunder in game 6...but his nuts shriveled up when he was needed most.

Danny.Zhu
07-20-2012, 05:34 AM
the refs

TDMVPDPOY
07-20-2012, 05:43 AM
tp had a mvp calibre season, gets a big head ahead of the wcf after disposing cp3 calling out the frog, only for the frog to outplay another frog

Kidd K
07-20-2012, 05:55 AM

So in other words, you're asking us what the second biggest factor in the Spurs' loss in the WCF was?

Don't twist it around and see if anyone puts blame on anybody more than the refs. . .because no matter how classy some here may pretend to be, anyone who isn't naive knows that shit was fixed.

Anyway, no specfic player just totally shat the bed. Some "underperformed", some just didn't hit many shots over the course of the game, etc. But I really can't think of any players who just totally failed late in games, because the main failures I recall came with whistles at the end of those plays. I was fully confident in the Spurs on every play unless a whistle was blown, or a whistle was swallowed on obvious goaltends or moving screens. Literally. Spurs had more taken away by the refs than they lost with failed performances by Spurs players.

I guess I can say that the most "disappointing" player was either Danny Green or Tiago Splitter. Splitter just didn't do much, and Green missed almost everything. Neither one is called upon to do tons, but Green is at least expected to shoot more than 26% for the series. And Splitter: 11 rebounds in 53 minutes, against medium-sized frontcourt. And only 6 points and 5 boards in the last 4 games combined. But again, neither guy is called upon to do tons for the team. It was mostly the convieniently lopsided officiating in key moments of the last 3 games that killed the series for the Spurs. Especially terrible were games 5 and 6. Game 6 there being Lakers/Kings game 6 level rigging.

iManu
07-20-2012, 06:06 AM
Ibaka.

therealtruth
07-20-2012, 07:19 AM
Then who would defend Durant?

If I had to blame anyone player tho it would have to be Tony, he lost his aggression from games 1 & 2 & was very marginal for the rest of the series, all tho he did have a good 1st half against the Thunder in game 6...but his nuts shriveled up when he was needed most.

Jax would have been a good option. He would have frustrated Durant from the beginning of the game by getting in his head. Danny Green could also have helped of the bench.

100%duncan
07-20-2012, 07:21 AM
Hormones?

Obstructed_View
07-20-2012, 09:35 AM
Love how the NBA fixed it so that OKC would suddenly start making jumpshots that they'd never hit before and never hit again. David Stern is uber powerful.

dbestpro
07-20-2012, 10:00 AM
I look at three players. Green because he failed when it matters.
Bonner and Blair because they can't be relied upon when it matters.

LongtimeSpursFan
07-20-2012, 10:54 AM
Bush.

Venti Quattro
07-20-2012, 10:58 AM
Tony Parker for being such a faggot from Games 3 to 6.

DesignatedT
07-20-2012, 11:20 AM
Harden. Guy was the difference maker. He gave OKC just enough to put them over the hump only to turn into a complete scrub immediately following.

spurs10
07-20-2012, 12:50 PM
Bush.
Well, there is that.....:lol

Spurs21Fan4Ever
07-20-2012, 02:37 PM
There were a couple games where SA was doing well until Bonner came in, then OKC scored like 10 straight points in 1 minute and they took all momentum from SA. But you can't blame just one player, you have to blame all except for Ginobili, Leonard, and Jackson, and Tony and Timmy at times too.

kobyz
07-20-2012, 04:33 PM
RJ! i have pangs of conscience about his trade, maybe with him we would win the series, we'll neve know!

Bruno
07-20-2012, 04:36 PM
It's Parker fault. It was, is and will be always his fault.

CoM, here I come.

Obstructed_View
07-20-2012, 05:18 PM
Canada.

sexinthatsx
07-20-2012, 05:55 PM
I blame Boris Diaw. Instead of the reverse layups he made throughout the playoffs and in both games 1 and 2, the ended up kicking the ball out to shooters instead of getting an easy lay-up. Those missed 3's cost the spurs their points

tesseractive
07-20-2012, 06:00 PM
Canada.

Yeah, if Cory Joseph hadn't blown it, he could totally have carried us through that series! :lol

therealtruth
07-20-2012, 07:24 PM
There were a couple games where SA was doing well until Bonner came in, then OKC scored like 10 straight points in 1 minute and they took all momentum from SA. But you can't blame just one player, you have to blame all except for Ginobili, Leonard, and Jackson, and Tony and Timmy at times too.

Exactly.

tlongII
07-20-2012, 09:05 PM
Bonner.

Wild Cobra Kai
07-21-2012, 09:11 AM
Bonner.

Oden.

Dingle Barry
07-21-2012, 12:22 PM
Fisher

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-22-2012, 07:19 AM
Love how the NBA fixed it so that OKC would suddenly start making jumpshots that they'd never hit before and never hit again. David Stern is uber powerful.

Exactly. I thought LJ's analysis of OKC's long 2 jumpshooting was spot on. OKC were incredibly hot and hit the shots our defensive system gave them, lots of long 2s, amounting to +6pts/gm. That, and KD's general 4th Q dominance, swung the series. It hurts to be beaten by an outlier, but that's sport (and life).

Hemotivo
07-22-2012, 07:41 AM
When something in life goes wrong I still just always blame Beno Udrih

:downspin:

therealtruth
07-22-2012, 05:20 PM
Exactly. I thought LJ's analysis of OKC's long 2 jumpshooting was spot on. OKC were incredibly hot and hit the shots our defensive system gave them, lots of long 2s, amounting to +6pts/gm. That, and KD's general 4th Q dominance, swung the series. It hurts to be beaten by an outlier, but that's sport (and life).

You can't give an offense steady looks of the same kind. I understand you want to take away 3's and points in the point but giving an NBA offense a steady diet of open looks is a recipe for disaster. Yeah they shot a higher than usual percentage but those were wide open looks. The Spurs have to regain that desire and effort to compete on the defensive end regardless of their athleticism.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-22-2012, 08:14 PM
You can't give an offense steady looks of the same kind. I understand you want to take away 3's and points in the point but giving an NBA offense a steady diet of open looks is a recipe for disaster. Yeah they shot a higher than usual percentage but those were wide open looks. The Spurs have to regain that desire and effort to compete on the defensive end regardless of their athleticism.

Actually, a lot of the looks were still contested, and they didn't just shoot a marginally higher %, they shot over 11% higher than their season average, which is definitely an outlier.

Stabula
07-22-2012, 11:41 PM
I blame Bonner for not being aggressive enough with Pop to get more minutes when it counted. A couple of classic Red Rocket 3 balls could have iced game 6 for the Spurs.

therealtruth
07-23-2012, 12:50 AM
Actually, a lot of the looks were still contested, and they didn't just shoot a marginally higher %, they shot over 11% higher than their season average, which is definitely an outlier.

I am not arguing they didn't shoot better than usual. I am arguing the Spurs could have put forth more effort into defending better.

TE
08-15-2012, 11:55 PM
bump

After thinking back, TP underplayed most of game 5 (which is the game that tilted the series in OKC's favor)...

Bench play was also very much lacking in game 5...

:( gary neal

Duncan2177
08-16-2012, 12:04 AM
Green,Bonner and Neal.

lefty
08-16-2012, 12:24 AM
Pop and TP

Pop gor shitting the bed in game 5 with retarded lineups
COY my ass

TP for choking as usual

Sean Cagney
08-16-2012, 01:55 AM
I blame Bonner for not being aggressive enough with Pop to get more minutes when it counted. A couple of classic Red Rocket 3 balls could have iced game 6 for the Spurs.

When is that bozo gonna hit a few big shots when it counts? NEVER. I don't BLAME BONNER, he is just horrible and we all know it now except for POP.

T Park
08-16-2012, 02:19 AM
I think two of the big three's inconsistent play ended up killing them. Along with OKC making an obscene amount of low percentage shots. Tip your hat on that. All you can do.

gee
08-16-2012, 07:01 AM
thabo

replacing thabo with a generic SG of proportionate level to his contract / popularity and SA would have won in 4-5

therealtruth
08-16-2012, 07:50 AM
Spurs role players (except Jackson). They were outplayed by the Thunder role players. Durant, Westbrook and Harden got theirs, but Cook making those shots in game 5 was ridiculous.

It's ironic Cook wouldn't have played if they hadn't been in foul trouble. Part of us more aggressive in game 5 (inserting Manu in SL) caused them to get into foul trouble which caused Cook to be the X-factor. It's part of why I favored us playing the same way we did in games 1-2 instead of changing the lineup. We won games 1-2 despite Green. If he had a good game 5 we could likely have won easy. Pop panicked and it hurt the team.

TDMVPDPOY
08-16-2012, 08:09 AM
if u play the bulk of the minutes and u underperformed, u deserved some criticism

rmt
08-16-2012, 08:32 AM
OKC played extremely well when it counted - especially the role players. Gotta tip your hat off to them. I don't have any bitterness toward that series - just got beaten by a better team. It seemed that once they looked at tape of the first 2 games, they decided to share/pass the ball (like SAS) instead of playing the way they had during the regular season (pretty much KD, Westbrooke and Harden going one-on-one trying to break down the defense). Once that team passing came into play, coupled with the offensive power of their big 3, it was lights out for SA.

Unfortunate that they played so (relatively) poorly in the Finals. SA should go after the #1 seed, let LA and OKC battle it out in the semis and hope for better luck (that they're not hot) next year. Anything can happen - hope springs eternal.

Thought that SJax played extremely well and that Neal played poorly but that could be because he had stomach issues.

mingus
08-17-2012, 12:51 AM
Durant. I would say Parker because he could've played way better, but I expected a meltdown from him. Sometimes I don't think he has any control over it. But Durant was a cold-blooded assassin.

blkroadrunners
08-17-2012, 03:54 AM
I'd say Durant. Many of his 3s and long 2 ptrs were ridiculous.

therealtruth
08-17-2012, 06:10 AM
I'd say Durant. Many of his 3s and long 2 ptrs were ridiculous.

The fact is we weren't as disruptive enough on defense and allowed them to get a good rhythm on offense. We certainly needed to throw more looks at Durant. The only guys we used were SJax and Kawhi when DG could have helped.

Proxy
08-17-2012, 06:13 AM
The fact is we weren't as disruptive enough on defense and allowed them to get a good rhythm on offense. We certainly needed to throw more looks at Durant. The only guys we used were SJax and Kawhi when DG could have helped.

Different looks don't matter when the refs start calling the game differently. Green wouldn't have done shit.

Wild Cobra Kai
08-17-2012, 07:19 AM

You must not think Larry Brown is a good Xs and Os coach, then.

LB: "We want to make sure we stop this, and contest that and play them this way to make sure that the ball winds up in player A's hands."

Interviewer: "What happens if he's making his shots?"

LB: "We lose."

That's a HOF coach and his philosophy. You play the percentages.

I also doubt they were getting "wide open looks". They rarely happen in the NBA. There's a lot of revisionist history being written around here, post playoffs.

Wild Cobra Kai
08-17-2012, 07:21 AM

DG is like 6'5". Why not throw 5'11" Patty Mills a him, while you're at it?

intlspurshk
08-17-2012, 08:21 AM
It's a team effort and hence it is hard to pick one player

I also give Tony an excuse as Sefalosha was assigned to guard him who is a bigger player and play good defense although Tony being the team first scoring option should at least give more contributions than what he did.

But Timmy should be utimately responsible. He is the highest paid player and should bear more responsibility than others.

PublicOption
08-17-2012, 08:37 AM
Dejuan Blair.

mouse
08-17-2012, 09:40 AM
I would never blame someone for something I couldn't personally do myself.

http://www.ringsthatbling.com/pictures/2005-Spurs-NBA-Ring.jpeg

what "real" sports fan would, besides you?

therealtruth
08-17-2012, 10:39 PM
DG is like 6'5". Why not throw 5'11" Patty Mills a him, while you're at it?

How about we used to put Hill on Durant and he was even shorter.

SpurCharger
08-20-2012, 10:37 AM
David Stern For Influencing The Officiating...... One of the worst officiated Series I have Seen..... Even Duncan Made A comment About the Officiating after the series...

But Danny Green, Matt bonner, Tiago Splitter, deserve some of the blame on The Spurs Side....