PDA

View Full Version : Computer Help

MajorMike
07-20-2012, 09:25 AM
I keep having a d3d9 error, which I understand is directx. It won't let me run several things. I have tried to update directx and that didn't help. I tried to replace the d3d9 file but my laptop won't let me because I am not the 'trustedinstaller' even thuogh I own the dadgum thing. I have tried a restore back to April and it won't work. I have not clue how to fix something I can't replace or move or even if that is the problem at all.

Any suggestions?

cantthinkofanything
07-20-2012, 09:26 AM
I keep having a d3d9 error, which I understand is directx. It won't let me run several things. I have tried to update directx and that didn't help. I tried to replace the d3d9 file but my laptop won't let me because I am not the 'trustedinstaller' even thuogh I own the dadgum thing. I have tried a restore back to April and it won't work. I have not clue how to fix something I can't replace or move or even if that is the problem at all.

Any suggestions?

I seriously doubt it's the d3d9 file that's causing the issues.

MajorMike
07-20-2012, 09:28 AM
I seriously doubt it's the d3d9 file that's causing the issues.

Ok, so a little more info would be helpful

cantthinkofanything
07-20-2012, 09:32 AM
Ok, so a little more info would be helpful

What were you trying to do when you first had the error?

leemajors
07-20-2012, 09:41 AM
I would try cc cleaner first

MajorMike
07-20-2012, 09:45 AM
What were you trying to do when you first had the error?

Open a webpage. Now everytime I open anything I get the bad image d3d9 error.

MajorMike
07-20-2012, 09:50 AM
I downloaded and ran cc, it did not fix issue.

cantthinkofanything
07-20-2012, 09:51 AM
d3d9 is related to Directx

MajorMike
07-20-2012, 09:58 AM
Yes, which is the first senetence of my original post.

cantthinkofanything
07-20-2012, 09:59 AM
Yes, which is the first senetence of my original post.

Sorry. I misunderstood.

Have you rebooted since the original error message?

MajorMike
07-20-2012, 10:00 AM
Yes many times

cantthinkofanything
07-20-2012, 10:00 AM
What operating system are you running?

MajorMike
07-20-2012, 10:02 AM
Win 7

Does this work for you?
http://tours.tourfactory.com/tours/tour.asp?t=845873&idx=1

DMC
07-20-2012, 10:07 AM
Sorry. I misunderstood.

Have you rebooted since the original error message?
Why don't you just shut the fuck up until you've read the original post? You've answered like 3 or 4 times and didn't even read the OP.

cantthinkofanything
07-20-2012, 10:08 AM
Win 7

Does this work for you?
http://tours.tourfactory.com/tours/tour.asp?t=845873&idx=1

Not really. It needs a lot of updating. Prices seems reasonable though and I do like the acreage.

leemajors
07-20-2012, 10:08 AM
you update your flash player? the site works for me on win7.

NASpurs
07-20-2012, 10:12 AM
What video card are you running? Maybe you need to update your video card drivers as well.

MajorMike
07-20-2012, 10:12 AM
Ok so that is the site I went to that I first got the issue.

You think updating flash will solve issue?

cantthinkofanything
07-20-2012, 10:15 AM
Ok so that is the site I went to that I first got the issue.

You think updating flash will solve issue?

It's worth a shot.

MajorMike
07-20-2012, 10:22 AM
I completely uninstalled flash and it updated and I still get error.

SpurinDallas
07-20-2012, 10:24 AM
Sounds like an I D 1 0 T error.

MajorMike
07-20-2012, 10:29 AM
Wow, thank you for the non-original fourth grade joke.

Anyone else that actually knows something about computers other than they have an on button have any thoughts?

NASpurs
07-20-2012, 10:31 AM
Update your video card drivers dude, seriously. And d3d9 error is too vague. Are you missing that file or is it corrupted? You need to run as administrator if you want to get passed that "trustedinstaller" error. Make sure your account has the sufficient privileges and you're not running as an average user account.

MajorMike
07-20-2012, 10:35 AM
I cannot bypass that trustedinstaller thing. I am the only owne, there is no other account on here and yet I can't do anything into the reistery becaue it says no allowed by trustedinstaller.

I have literally updated every last thing on here.

MajorMike
07-20-2012, 10:40 AM
I have a GeForce 310M

cantthinkofanything
07-20-2012, 10:50 AM
Wow, thank you for the non-original fourth grade joke.

Anyone else that actually knows something about computers other than they have an on button have any thoughts?

sorry...what???

Are you really looking for help? or is this a troll job?

leemajors
07-20-2012, 10:57 AM
I would get MalwareBytes and/or SuperAntiSpyware, put them on a flash drive and run scans from there. Are you sure there isn't an Administrator account you can log into?

NASpurs
07-20-2012, 11:00 AM
Can you run dxdiag? It's a Directx diagnostic tool and see if that gives you any errors. Click on the Start button and in the search field, type in "dxdiag" (without quotes) and press enter.

If that doesn't work, go to the Start Button again, and in the search field, type in "cmd" (w/out quotes), press Enter and type in sfc /scannow in the command prompt.

That's to scan and repair any corrupted Windows files that are essential to the system. Let's see if these steps fix your problem.

When all fails, you might need to pop in the Windows 7 install DVD and try to repair that way.

MajorMike
07-20-2012, 11:07 AM
I would get MalwareBytes and/or SuperAntiSpyware, put them on a flash drive and run scans from there. Are you sure there isn't an Administrator account you can log into?

You don't understand. I AM the admin. Apparently Win & has this built in trustedinstaller thing. Google it you you will see. Its a known fact just not a workaround I can find.

You can't simply uninstall directx; I come with Win 7.

I have run 3 various registery fixes and scans and nothing works. I have run a full virus check with no results I have run win's malicious tool removal. I have deleted and updated flash. I have updated my video driver.

Absolutley nothing is working. defrag doesn't find any bad sectors so nothing inside is corrupted.

There is nothing I can do that makes the error go away and I delete any more off my laptop. There is very little on here as it is.

NASpurs
07-20-2012, 11:13 AM
There is very little on here as it is.

Then save whatever you need on a separate hd/flash drive/etc, format your hard drive and do a clean installation... problem solved. :lol

But that's if you're at your wits end and just want to move on.

MajorMike
07-20-2012, 11:18 AM
I don't have insta discs with me. There has got to be a reason for this error.

cantthinkofanything
07-20-2012, 11:21 AM

Then fucking take it in somewhere god dammit. Of all the resources available on the internet and all the mother fucking computer help sites, you choose to ask Spurstalk??? That's all I need to know to tell you what the real problem is.

DMC
07-20-2012, 11:24 AM
You don't understand. I AM the admin. Apparently Win & has this built in trustedinstaller thing. Google it you you will see. Its a known fact just not a workaround I can find.

I have run 3 various registery fixes and scans and nothing works. I have run a full virus check with no results I have run win's malicious tool removal. I have deleted and updated flash. I have updated my video driver.

Absolutley nothing is working. defrag doesn't find any bad sectors so nothing inside is corrupted.

There is nothing I can do that makes the error go away and I delete any more off my laptop. There is very little on here as it is.

You need to get someone to copy the .dll file you mentioned and replace yours with that one.

MajorMike
07-20-2012, 11:32 AM
Then fucking take it in somewhere god dammit. Of all the resources available on the internet and all the mother fucking computer help sites, you choose to ask Spurstalk??? That's all I need to know to tell you what the real problem is.

lol says the 5-year old who can't read the original problem.

cantthinkofanything
07-20-2012, 11:37 AM
you should trade in for a LeapPad

leemajors
07-20-2012, 11:42 AM

You can try taking ownership of the file using this process and deleting it:

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1911-take-ownership-shortcut.html

Should get you around the trustedinstaller thing. The script is a condensed version of this:

http://helpdeskgeek.com/windows-7/windows-7-how-to-delete-files-protected-by-trustedinstaller/

MajorMike
07-20-2012, 03:44 PM
I found it, I took ownership. I took the file from wife's cpu and replaced it. Same error.

cantthinkofanything
07-20-2012, 03:56 PM
I found it, I took ownership. I took the file from wife's cpu and replaced it. Same error.

install LogMeIn and send me your username/password. I'll take a look.

DMC
07-20-2012, 05:21 PM
So you know the problem then isn't in that file.

blizz
07-21-2012, 12:17 AM
Start
run
cmd
Hit enter
At prompt, sfc /scannow

cherylsteele
07-21-2012, 12:21 AM
Take a look at this:
http://www.ehow.com/facts_7701930_d3d9dll.html

blizz
07-21-2012, 12:26 AM
Did u run the sfc /scannow ?

mouse
07-22-2012, 09:11 AM

http://isohunt.com/torrents/windows+7?iht=-1&ihp=1&ihs1=1&iho1=d

what brand is your pc you can press F8 on boot up to maybe set it to factory settings

MajorMike
07-22-2012, 05:25 PM
I had already done all the stuff listed online, all the supposed fixes, all the level one techie sort of stuff.

I took it to Geek Squad a Alamo Heights (I actually happen to be back in SATX this week) and spent 45 mins with 3 of them all huddled around it and they can't figure it out. They can't find any infections or bad sectors. They then kept it for 48 hours to run stuff on it and couldn't figure anything out.

I think they are supposedly wiping it for me now.

Its a Toshiba laptop with a GeForce 310M inside; pretty nice little laptop lets me play higher end grafix games while I'm on road.

DMC
07-22-2012, 06:19 PM
Toshiba laptop: that explains it

MajorMike
07-22-2012, 10:30 PM
Toshiba laptop: that explains it

At least we know by your responses that you know zero about zero.

mouse
07-22-2012, 11:18 PM
I had already done all the stuff listed online,

I didn't see where you posted you set the laptop to factory settings

I took it to Geek Squad
I think they are supposedly wiping it for me now.

They are setting it to factory settings.

The Reckoning
07-23-2012, 12:16 AM
fuuuuu i had the worst virus in history on my toshiba laptop. it was a google redirect virus that would increase my cpu usage to 100% nonstop. made my comp slow as shit. i ran every possible program and even sought help but the IT guys didnt know what to do.

i used it as an excuse to buy a better computer :wakeup

TheRealCB
07-23-2012, 03:26 AM

Son use Linux,it's 10x better than Windows..Safer,smoother and cooler lol :lol

Only thing that sucks is gaming though.

Wild Cobra
07-23-2012, 03:42 AM

One more reason to never install the Windows 7 DVD that came with my XP Pro computer when I bought it new.

mouse
07-23-2012, 03:56 PM
Sometimes when installing windows you get Dll file and other errors you have to switch out the memory to proceed.

DMC
07-23-2012, 05:04 PM
I know how to format my own HDD, and wouldn't pay a 18 year old geek at Best Buy to do it for me. Toshiba makes shitty, overpriced computers.

:lol Geek Squad

mouse
07-31-2012, 09:21 PM
update or it was all bs.

phyzik
08-01-2012, 01:51 AM
Is this for a certain program or any game/3D Program you run?

If its specific to one program, try removing and reinstalling that program....

If its with any program that uses DirectX then you may have a registry problem. I know you have said you tried to replace the DLL file but there is another step you should do.

Starting from the begining....

Make a backup copy of the current d3d9.dll file on your system and Download d3d9.dll http://www.personalcomputerfixes.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/d3d9.zip If your not comfortable with my link, download it from someplace you feel comfortable with.

After copying and replacing the old d3d9.dll file, open a command prompt (type cmd in the "run" window or in the search box on Win7 after clicking the start button)

Once you have a command prompt, Type “regsvr32 d3d9.dll” (without the quotations) on the black screen and hit enter, Then restart the computer and test it again.

If that still doesnt work, try the steps I outliined in safemode (keep hitting F8 after BIOS post during bootup to get the option to load safemode).

Another thing you could try is this.....

use the "run" feature in XP or use the search bar in Win7 and type MSCONFIG and hit enter. Go to the "Services" tab and at the bottom check th box that says "hide all Microsoft services" After selecting that, click "disable All". After that, go to the "Startup" tab and click "Disable All" again disabling everything not core to Windows.

Restart and try to re-install DirectX.

After that, go back and enable everything.

mouse
08-02-2012, 07:42 AM
phyzik is the man when it comes to PC's!

It's a shame he still believes we evolved from a snail.

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/vlcsnap-240637.png