PDA

View Full Version : Grantland: Simmons: "I've much liked my head. I don't want to see it removed just yet

Drom John
07-20-2012, 01:11 PM
Game of NBA Thrones, Part 1 (http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8182261/game-nba-thrones-part-1)

"I've much liked my head. I don't want to see it removed just yet."

To the Spurs, who kept it simple by re-signing Duncan at a discount ($30 million for three years), then used the extra money to re-sign Danny Green and Boris Diaw. You know when you say, "Let's run it back?" When you blow the Western Conference Finals because Kendrick Perkins and Serge Ibaka shot 18-for-20 on the road in Game 5 (something that, it's safe to say, will NEVER happen again), then Durant finished you off that same game by doing everything short of shooting flames out of his ass, then you couldn't buy a call to save your life in Game 6 … and suddenly you were heading home wondering what the hell just happened. Personally, I think the Spurs watched Oklahoma City melt down in the Finals and said to themselves, "We were a very good team that may have just been unlucky." Either way …

"Anyone can be killed."

I'm firing every editor we have if they don't destroy my Game 2 Spurs-OKC retro diary from Grantland's archives soon.

Cane
07-20-2012, 01:19 PM
Simmons watches Game of Thrones now? Yikes

But he makes some good points, and here's how the Spurs looked before OKC caught on fire:

?v=IWZZ4Sc9Wdo&

---

If the Spurs can stay healthy and face some favorable match ups along the way then they can get a deep run again :flag:

Dex
07-20-2012, 01:39 PM
When you blow the Western Conference Finals because Kendrick Perkins and Serge Ibaka shot 18-for-20 on the road in Game 5 (something that, it's safe to say, will NEVER happen again), then Durant finished you off that same game by doing everything short of shooting flames out of his ass, then you couldn't buy a call to save your life in Game 6 …

:lmao

Mel_13
07-20-2012, 01:47 PM
When you blow the Western Conference Finals because Kendrick Perkins and Serge Ibaka shot 18-for-20 on the road in Game 5 (something that, it's safe to say, will NEVER happen again)

It won't happen again, but when it did happen it happened in Game 4 in OKC.

wildbill2u
07-20-2012, 02:42 PM
" then you couldn't buy a call to save your life in Game 6"

Not everyone who noticed this is crazy. But the truth is We will never be able to buy a call in crucial situations and games when the League wants the new young guns to showcase.

DMC
07-20-2012, 05:32 PM
I won't happen again, because we won't draw the two biggest pussies in the playoffs, the Jazz and the Clippers.

Sean Cagney
07-20-2012, 05:39 PM
I won't happen again, because we won't draw the two biggest pussies in the playoffs, the Jazz and the Clippers.

Clippers knocked out the Grizz in a game 7 so thats not entirely true. Most said they did not want to face the hot Grizz, they did and won.

Mel_13
07-20-2012, 05:41 PM
I won't happen again

If only.

widowmaker
07-20-2012, 11:02 PM
After that OKC series was over, I knew OKC blew they wad and were gonna play like shit in the finals. Ol well better LUCK next time boys!

KaiRMD1
07-21-2012, 12:38 AM
Yeah, I figured OKC would choke in the finals and Westbrook would show up, the kind of Westbrook that OKC hates.