PDA

View Full Version : Rome II Announced

The Reckoning
07-21-2012, 06:10 AM
something ive been waiting for years! rome II: total war is announced for 2013... here's first interview with a developer

http://au.gamespot.com/total-war-rome-ii/videos/total-war-rome-ii-combines-battlefields-6385503/

symple19
07-21-2012, 07:46 AM
Definitely going to be badass

vander
07-21-2012, 03:14 PM
In what way was Rome better than empire or shogun? Or why did they not satisfy your desire for another total war game?

symple19
07-21-2012, 03:25 PM
I still like Napoleon:Total War the best. Probably because that period of history/warfare/weaponry is far more fascinating (to me) than the time period in which RomeTW takes place.

Gotta love being able to whip Nelson with Villanueve, or marching into St Petersburg with the Grand Armee'

The Reckoning
07-22-2012, 05:47 AM
for me rome was the most dynamic of all of them because of the diversity in units. horse archers, legionairres, phalanxes (fuck yes) and elephants.

i really tried to like empire but it seems so incomplete. it feels more like a beta than a final product. plus those type of games are for scrolling in when your cavalry charge is about to hit and enjoying the melee. empire is mostly guns...so meh.

my favorite though is medieval 2 with the expansion pack plus the stainless steel mod.

shogun...meh. the units are all the same and there isnt the same grand feeling of taking a small nation and creating an empire out of it as in rome, medieval, and to a lesser extent (ironically) - empire.

id love to see a reboot of rome with a new engine...holy shit.

vander
07-22-2012, 12:12 PM
I've only played empire, and more for the world domination than for the battles, I played a few battles and sucked, after that I left it to the AI.

I really wanted to like Empire, but the campaign just seemed so rigged, there was no way I could win. 20+ turns of perfect decisions and everything working out just right, then BAM! 2 powerful countries would ally against me for no real reason and roll over me. any great nation I allied with would suddenly become an incompetent deadbeat... :bang

The Reckoning
07-23-2012, 12:36 AM
I've only played empire, and more for the world domination than for the battles, I played a few battles and sucked, after that I left it to the AI.

I really wanted to like Empire, but the campaign just seemed so rigged, there was no way I could win. 20+ turns of perfect decisions and everything working out just right, then BAM! 2 powerful countries would ally against me for no real reason and roll over me. any great nation I allied with would suddenly become an incompetent deadbeat... :bang

same here with shogun. id have my three armies out overseas conquering everything then an ally would turn on me and take over my country in 5 turns. my other ally would either not do anything or opt out.

im telling yall...medieval 2 with kingdoms exp pack and the stainless steel mod is the best possible total war setup.

TheRealCB
07-23-2012, 05:52 AM
RomeTW was the shit.The only thing that could be better was the siege.

I tried many times to custom battle a siege where I am 1v2,and the AI is simply idiot..Doesn't send full force,they attack from 2 sides which makes it impossible to play etc.

I am more into sword/bow type of fight,so Napoleon didn't work for me.

The Reckoning
07-26-2012, 05:17 PM
figured id warm back up by playing some med II...

first time in my life i successfully stuffed both the mongolians and timurids in a campaign with the venetians. stacked spearmen and archers in a citadel and parked a fleet in the alternative access point from asia minor whered theyd have to attack constantinople, which i had also stacked with spearmen and archers.

fuck you OP mongolians.

Cry Havoc
03-16-2013, 04:58 AM
Downloading the Rome Total Realism mod now... sounds pretty awesome.

Good deals for the entire series on slickdeals right now:

http://slickdeals.net/f/5908712-PC-Digital-Download-Games-Rome-Total-War-2-Empire-Total-War-3-Napoleon-Total-War-3-Medieval-II-Total-War-3-Total-War-Shogun-2-6-amp-More

Chris
03-21-2013, 10:48 PM
I own all the TW series sans Shogun.

Rome has always been the benchmark, so Rome II is going to have incredibly high standards.

I look forward to dominating with the Greeks -hopefully they improved the AI on the plalanx formations.

symple19
03-27-2013, 02:08 PM
I'm definitely looking forward to Rome 2, as I have the entire series, but when the fuck are they going to make the ultimate?!?? --- A Total War based on the American Civil War?!?! :hungry:

Chris
04-09-2013, 05:22 PM
http://www.shacknews.com/article/78590/sega-to-shut-down-medieval-2-studio
Sega is shutting down their Australian studio.
Doesn't look good for Rome II - these guys are responsible for the great games.

The Reckoning
04-10-2013, 09:01 AM
fuck you sega

symple19
04-10-2013, 06:58 PM
http://www.shacknews.com/article/78590/sega-to-shut-down-medieval-2-studio
Sega is shutting down their Australian studio.
Doesn't look good for Rome II - these guys are responsible for the great games.

Did you even read the article you posted, dumbass??!?

The studio that is responsible for the Total War series is located in the UK... The Australian shop hasn't done any work on this series since Medieval :lol

The main office of The Creative Assembly is located in the United Kingdom, and responsible for the more recent Total War: Shogun 2 (http://www.shacknews.com/game/total-war-shogun-2) and upcoming Total War: Rome 2 (http://www.shacknews.com/game/total-war-rome-ii).

Rome 2 is fine :lol

The Reckoning
04-23-2013, 06:24 PM
http://youtu.be/pKSkBEJ_wrM

The Reckoning
04-23-2013, 06:37 PM
love how they have a charge view now instead of having to scroll in on everything. gotta get back into blazing for this :lol.

symple19
04-25-2013, 08:23 AM
Looking good. My new rig should be done by the time this comes out. Full settings!

Hope there's more depth to the turn-based aspect of the game, as well as smarter AI for the RTS element.

Chris
05-09-2013, 11:30 PM
It's available on Steam for preorder. It's saying it will be available in September :hungry:

The Reckoning
09-04-2013, 12:10 AM
has anyone played this game yet?? i can't pick it up because ill drop out of grad school if i do lol.

The Reckoning
09-04-2013, 04:52 AM
it's getting pretty bad reviews across the board. seems like its reception is only slightly a bit better than empire's. damn....

:depressed

the consensus is the map is fucking huge to the point where it takes the AI over a minute per turn to move. politics and economy feel like chores rather than strategy. AI is the worst it has been tactically. the game tends to freeze and lag like no other even if you have more than the suggested reqs.

apparently it's a beautiful setup and everything has been developed heavily, but the whole game comes out as an entire unorganized mess rather than the streamlined goodness past total war games have been. sounds exactly what happened with empire. plus you transport troops by just moving them onto water rather than having to build ships....then the magical transports can just ram other ships lol.

here's a cool app that lets you test out the map - http://maps.totalwar.com/

probably the lamest part about the release is that you have to PAY to unlock factions...ummm wtf? paid-for DLCs are the worst thing ever unless it's an absolute expansion.

i don't understand why

symple19
09-05-2013, 05:29 PM
I love Empire...Well, except the battle AI.

Not buying this right now, though. Spent too much time over the summer playing CIV5:BNW and want to allow Creative Assembly to patch it up/fix it.

Also, it has an 84 on Metacritic. Not bad at all

DJR210
09-05-2013, 08:53 PM
Looking good. My new rig should be done by the time this comes out. Full settings!

Hope there's more depth to the turn-based aspect of the game, as well as smarter AI for the RTS element.

What GPU and CPU you select?

symple19
09-05-2013, 09:11 PM
Haven't bought everything yet, but going dual 680's and i7 3770 Ivy Bridge