PDA

View Full Version : Man of Steel Official Trailer (2013)

Pages : [1] 2

SA210
07-21-2012, 12:47 PM
Edit: 3rd and FINAL TRAILER

Man of Steel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6DJcgm3wNY

Edit: New Teaser.

General Zod speaks...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6g2ZSuWyM4

EDIT: 2nd TRAILER!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DaPBBOHfsA

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________________-

Christopher Reeve will always be my favorite Superman and it'll be hard not having John Williams music in it, but this looks really good. Damn, I can't wait a frickin year!

http://images.freshnessmag.com/wp-content/uploads//2012/07/man-of-steel-poster-02.jpg

PublicOption
07-21-2012, 02:25 PM
deadliest catch ad. weaksauce.

Superman is a greenhorn. He could swim to the bottom of the Behring Sea and round up all the crabs at once go home and chill. LOL

Glenn Holland
07-21-2012, 02:28 PM
Fuck, you clowns are all into these shitty movies.

Reck
07-21-2012, 02:52 PM
Awesome.

Only saw the first trailer. Couldn't get into the second because of quality reasons.

I had wished they kept Brandon Roth as Superman. He did a solid job on Superman Returns.

But I trust Nolan to do us right.

DMC
07-21-2012, 03:06 PM
I'd like to see a less conventional depiction of Clark Kent. This looks like it might be around there somewhere, but there's only so much they can do without totally violating the concept to the point where they don't get permission from DC.

CubanMustGo
07-21-2012, 04:43 PM
Why does the so-called "official" trailer have music from Lord of the Rings?

SA210
07-21-2012, 04:47 PM

Yea, and the 2nd one has the music from the Thin Red Line (which I actually like). It's because Hans Zimmer is still working on the official score.

DPG21920
07-21-2012, 04:51 PM
Did he use Spider Man's tailor?

SA210
07-21-2012, 04:56 PM
Did he use Spider Man's tailor?

Spalding, maybe? lol

MannyIsGod
07-21-2012, 05:03 PM
deadliest catch ad. weaksauce.

Superman is a greenhorn. He could swim to the bottom of the Behring Sea and round up all the crabs at once go home and chill. LOL

:lmao

Thats exactly what I said. Oh, superman is on the deadliest catch.

MannyIsGod
07-21-2012, 05:04 PM
Awesome.

Only saw the first trailer. Couldn't get into the second because of quality reasons.

I had wished they kept Brandon Roth as Superman. He did a solid job on Superman Returns.

But I trust Nolan to do us right.

I doubt Nolan is doing shit with this movie other than collecting a paycheck so they can use his name.

DPG21920
07-21-2012, 05:05 PM
Also Roth sucked IMVHO and the movie was laughably bad.

MannyIsGod
07-21-2012, 05:07 PM
I liked it when I saw it but I haven't seen it in a loooooooooooooong time.

Reck
07-21-2012, 05:18 PM
Also Roth sucked IMVHO and the movie was laughably bad.

You must be joking.

DPG21920
07-21-2012, 05:25 PM
No - Superman Returns sucked IMO.

JoeChalupa
07-21-2012, 05:32 PM
Looking forward to this one. Looks good.

DMC
07-21-2012, 06:21 PM
I never understood why or how Superman has big muscles. He does things effortlessly, so his muscles wouldn't need to grow.

redzero
07-21-2012, 06:31 PM
The part with little Clark in the field with a cape on was a nice touch.

CuckingFunt
07-21-2012, 07:31 PM
I was still too distracted by how horrible Oz: The Great and Powerful looked to give my full attention to the Man of Steel trailer. In general, however, I'm intrigued by the film, but think the trailer massively missed the mark. Most of my audience was laughing by the end, which certainly isn't the tone they were hoping for.

SA210
07-22-2012, 01:03 AM
I was still too distracted by how horrible Oz: The Great and Powerful looked to give my full attention to the Man of Steel trailer. In general, however, I'm intrigued by the film, but think the trailer massively missed the mark. Most of my audience was laughing by the end, which certainly isn't the tone they were hoping for.

I agree on both points. Oz is a horrible tragedy and it'd probably make me sick discussing that any further lol.

On Man of Steel, I do believe they missed the mark with the teaser. I really think they should have used the full 2nd trailer that I posted. Had they shown that one instead, I really think audiences would have cheered. Instead, twice I've seen already that the whole audience was just quiet and unimpressed.

I really wonder why they chose the teaser instead. The teaser didn't even tease me, it pissed me off. lol But maybe that's because I had already seen the other one.

Either way, I am really looking forward to this one.

CubanSucks
07-22-2012, 02:00 AM
There are 2 different trailers. Here is the teaser playing in theaters at TDKR screenings.

6jKWJZsjm5U

This 2nd trailer is EPIC in my opinion. This was played at Comic Con last week, and I can only find a very low res cam version of it with pauses throughout. But even at that, it looks and sounds frickin awesome and I wish THIS was the one playing right now before TDKR.
(I'll edit when a good quality one is released)

Christopher Reeve will always be my favorite Superman and it'll be hard not having John Williams music in it, but this looks really good. Damn, I can't wait a frickin year!

Ok7YDU8yQ-s

Wow, they sure are desperately trying to make this similar to TDK. Take away the obvious Pearl Harbor ripoff music that they have (guess Hans Zimmer ran out of ideas) and add TDK music and it would be a joke. Zach Snyder as director isn't doing any favors and there biggest sell is that Christopher Nolan is the PRODUCER! :lmao
Besides the infatuation black people currently have with him (tattoos, fashion, nicknames, etc.) Superman is fucking dead. We're too used to Bruce Wayne and Tony Stark to suddenly switch what kind of hero we enjoy most.

luckily they didn't play this when I saw TDKR

CubanSucks
07-22-2012, 02:03 AM

:lol

TDK feel
Spiderman costume
Rehashed music

SA210
07-22-2012, 02:17 AM
Wow, they sure are desperately trying to make this similar to TDK. Take away the obvious Pearl Harbor ripoff music that they have (guess Hans Zimmer ran out of ideas) and add TDK music and it would be a joke. Zach Snyder as director isn't doing any favors and there biggest sell is that Christopher Nolan is the PRODUCER! :lmao
Besides the infatuation black people currently have with him (tattoos, fashion, nicknames, etc.) Superman is fucking dead. We're too used to Bruce Wayne and Tony Stark to suddenly switch what kind of hero we enjoy most.

luckily they didn't play this when I saw TDKR

It's from the Thin Red Line, the music was used for the 1st Pearl Harbor trailer, but it is from The Thin Red Line.

That piece is also by Hans Zimmer and was used because Hans Zimmer hasn't even started work on the actual score yet seeing as how the film still has a whole year before it's released (so I guess it isn't true at all about Hans Zimmer running out of ideas), and MANY films use scores for their trailers from other films, they do it all the time.

Chris Nolan helped in the writing department and came up with the story along with David Goyer who wrote Batman Begins and came up with TDK and TDKR, so it isn't JUST a producer's role. I wouldn't mind a slight touch of TDKR.

This movie will do well, and Superman is not finished by any means. But thanks. :toast

CubanSucks
07-22-2012, 02:56 AM
Chris Nolan helped in the writing department and came up with the story along with David Goyer who wrote Batman Begins and came up with TDK and TDKR, so it isn't JUST a producer's role. I wouldn't mind a slight touch of TDKR.

This movie will do well, and Superman is not finished by any means. But thanks. :toast

you're stretching big time for cred, or maybe you're just that enthusiastic. The director is still Zach Snyder. And look at David Goyer's record before Nolan, shit. And I just saw that he's in the works for a new Godzilla movie :lmao

I don't doubt that it will do well, in the same way Michael Bay movies do, but it's still just a polished turd with pretty music in the background...or, an average action movie in TDK clothing

SA210
07-22-2012, 03:17 AM
you're stretching big time for cred, or maybe you're just that enthusiastic. The director is still Zach Snyder. And look at David Goyer's record before Nolan, shit. And I just saw that he's in the works for a new Godzilla movie :lmao

I don't doubt that it will do well, in the same way Michael Bay movies do, but it's still just a polished turd with pretty music in the background...or, an average action movie in TDK clothing

I am enthusiastic. I'm a die hard Superman fan. My favorite superhero. I didn't like Superman Returns, although I thought Brandon Routh was really good.

I just feel this film will not only do well, but will be very good too (I hate Michael Bay and would be puking if he was making this film). As you can see, the film does not have the typical Zack Snyder look, that and Nolan has a hand in it along with the story gives me really good hopes for it.

MannyIsGod
07-22-2012, 03:50 AM
I like Zack Snyder.

MannyIsGod
07-22-2012, 03:51 AM
Well, I did stop Sucker Punch about 20 minutes in and walked away from it but otherwise I loved 300 and Watchmen.

leemajors
07-22-2012, 10:04 AM
I am enthusiastic. I'm a die hard Superman fan. My favorite superhero. I didn't like Superman Returns, although I thought Brandon Routh was really good.

I just feel this film will not only do well, but will be very good too (I hate Michael Bay and would be puking if he was making this film). As you can see, the film does not have the typical Zack Snyder look, that and Nolan has a hand in it along with the story gives me really good hopes for it.

Nolan quit having anything to do with this movie about a year ago.

Thomas said Nolan is so single minded when making a picture it’s hard to get him to work on anything else. And she made it clear that in the case of “Superman,” Nolan and David Goyer just had an idea they couldn’t believe wasn’t being explored by Warner Bros. And with Zack Snyder now on board as director, Nolan will be busy making “The Dark Knight Rises” and “we are handing it off to him.” So, take note anyone out there thinking this will be a strange Nolan/Snyder partnership. Thomas reiterated that they brought it to an appropriate screenplay and it’s now Snyder’s picture.

http://screenrant.com/christoper-nolan-superman-batman-dark-knight-rises-mikee-90198/

desflood
07-22-2012, 12:38 PM
Henry Cavill, the first non-American "Superman". Maybe he'll do all right.

SA210
07-22-2012, 01:14 PM
Nolan quit having anything to do with this movie about a year ago.

http://screenrant.com/christoper-nolan-superman-batman-dark-knight-rises-mikee-90198/

It was Nolan's and Goyers "inception", so I feel good about it. By looking at the 2nd trailer I posted it looks great.

DMC
07-22-2012, 01:17 PM
As kids, we wore capes to emulate Superman. Why did he wear one?

CubanSucks
07-22-2012, 02:00 PM

Batman

monosylab1k
07-22-2012, 02:26 PM

Reck
07-22-2012, 04:04 PM

That was probably a coincidence.

Superman wasn't yet superman when he was a kid, nor did he had a costume made yet so one could assume he adopted the red cape later in his life when he decided to come out as a superhero.

ace3g
07-22-2012, 04:18 PM
hUdLpv4nG9c&feature=player_embedded

Better quality comic con trailer
lOXZq1yCR1k&feature=player_embedded

SA210
07-23-2012, 01:42 AM
Better cam version of the bad-ass trailer :tu

rdiaf_ahBLM

MannyIsGod
07-23-2012, 01:51 AM
Reviews for fucking teaser trailers?

That teaser was 4 fucking jalapenos!

Spurtacus
07-23-2012, 05:23 PM
For a teaser trailer this was awesome. People who are disappointed with a teaser need to catch some perspective.

Spurtacus
07-23-2012, 05:26 PM
Henry Cavill, the first non-American "Superman". Maybe he'll do all right.

Christian Bale was the first non-American Batman, at least in major movies. Obviously Bale's resume is far superior to Cavill.

SA210
07-23-2012, 06:18 PM
For a teaser trailer this was awesome. People who are disappointed with a teaser need to catch some perspective.

It may have been ok had I not seen the comic con one first. I thought TDKR would show the comic con one, so that's why I felt let down. lol I still think they should have gone with the longer one though.

SA210
07-24-2012, 06:14 PM
I always loved Kevin Smith's story on him writing Superman :lol

vgYhLIThTvk

Spurminator
07-24-2012, 06:31 PM
I just hope the climax isn't something fucking stupid like spinning the earth backwards or lifting an island out of the water.

SA210
07-24-2012, 06:48 PM
OMG look at the crap Tim Burton was going to do with Superman. Thank God that crap was cancelled. Notice Nic Cage's head on it lol

UvhMejIcD9o

CubanSucks
07-24-2012, 06:59 PM
the amount of butthurt Kevin Smith obviously has over The Lord of the Rings (through commentary and his standup) has kind of made me take everything he says with a grain of salt

vander
07-24-2012, 07:30 PM
haven't seen any Superman movies or shows, except for the one with Kevin Spacey in it, so I must ask, how is there ever any real threat or danger when it's freakin Superman? is it just Kryptonite every time?

HI-FI
07-24-2012, 07:58 PM
haven't seen any Superman movies or shows, except for the one with Kevin Spacey in it, so I must ask, how is there ever any real threat or danger when it's freakin Superman? is it just Kryptonite every time?

damn, you haven't seen the first Superman?

i think that's still the best superhero movie. Superman REturns is not a good movie, but not as horrible as people say. it just doesn't have much of a purpose.

i'll go see this new one, but I really can't imagine Superman without John Williams music. that guy is such a master, he makes a soundtrack to something and you have a hard time imagining anything else. imagine someone remaking Jaws or Star Wars without his music, so Hans Zimmer is in a tough position.

Reck
07-24-2012, 07:58 PM

In the movies, Creators and producers dont go out of their way to go a different way of defeating Superman so they stick to what works easiest for them which is green kryptonite.

In the comics Gold kryptonite takes away all of Supeman's abilities.

They played around with that concept on the TV show Smallville, although they made it blue instead of gold for some reason.

SA210
07-24-2012, 08:21 PM
damn, you haven't seen the first Superman?

i think that's still the best superhero movie. Superman REturns is not a good movie, but not as horrible as people say. it just doesn't have much of a purpose.

i'll go see this new one, but I really can't imagine Superman without John Williams music. that guy is such a master, he makes a soundtrack to something and you have a hard time imagining anything else. imagine someone remaking Jaws or Star Wars without his music, so Hans Zimmer is in a tough position.

I pretty much agree with all of this. :tu

And Superman with Christopher Reeve IS the best superhero movie ever.

leemajors
07-24-2012, 08:38 PM
I just hope the climax isn't something fucking stupid like spinning the earth backwards or lifting an island out of the water.

Lex Luthor's grand scheme being to make more real estate was pretty amusing.

Reck
07-24-2012, 08:59 PM
Yeah what was with the comical approach with Lex Luthor in those movies?

Hard to take serious when his evil plans consisted of acquiring real estate and the plots to stop Superman ended up backfiring much like what the Coyote from the Road Runner cartoon always did.

MannyIsGod
07-24-2012, 09:05 PM
You should watch the animated DC Superman stuff that has come out in the past few years. Its much better.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-24-2012, 09:32 PM
Well, I did stop Sucker Punch about 20 minutes in and walked away from it but otherwise I loved 300 and Watchmen.

Were you sober, pissed, and tired?

Sucker Punch was fun. Snyder sucks as a writer but it was still a fun journey with an awesome soundtrack.
Bjork's Army of Me + that first fight scene sucked me in

Cant_Be_Faded
07-24-2012, 09:37 PM
Btw I love Snyder's work, but this will suck

da_suns_fan
07-24-2012, 10:23 PM
1. The problem with making new superman films is there already is a definitive superman.

Christopher Reeve is, and always will be, Superman.

Everyone else just looks like a guy in a superman suit.

Batman doesnt have this problem because no actor has made the role his own. Not Bale, Keaton, Kilmer etc. That ones still open.

But when you think of "Tony Stark", you think of Robert Downey Junior. When you think of "Clark Kent", you think of Christopher Reeve.

2. I hope to god that Christopher Nolan had absolutely zero input on the script as he's proven time and time again to be an incredibly SHITTY writer.

Spurminator
07-24-2012, 10:35 PM
Lex Luthor's grand scheme being to make more real estate was pretty amusing.

The first movie was basically perfect except for the earth spinning. And if I recall, that's not how it was even supposed to end, but producers wanted a splashier ending.

Reck
07-24-2012, 10:45 PM
1. The problem with making new superman films is there already is a definitive superman.

Christopher Reeve is, and always will be, Superman.

Everyone else just looks like a guy in a superman suit.

Batman doesnt have this problem because no actor has made the role his own. Not Bale, Keaton, Kilmer etc. That ones still open.

But when you think of "Tony Stark", you think of Robert Downey Junior. When you think of "Clark Kent", you think of Christopher Reeve.

2. I hope to god that Christopher Nolan had absolutely zero input on the script as he's proven time and time again to be an incredibly SHITTY writer.

Do you have even the slightest of clues of what you post here?

CubanSucks
07-25-2012, 12:43 PM

:lmao It's time for you to just let go. Batman will forever be synonymous with Christian Bale and Christopher Nolan for everyone currently between the ages of 12 and 40. Might wanna just come to terms with it now before that fact completely eats away at you

da_suns_fan
07-25-2012, 01:13 PM
:lmao It's time for you to just let go. Batman will forever be synonymous with Christian Bale and Christopher Nolan for everyone currently between the ages of 12 and 40. Might wanna just come to terms with it now before that fact completely eats away at you

Interesting that Kevin Conroy continues to work every single video game made about batman considering you believe Christian Bale is now "Batman".

e3zJxF-0N3Y

redzero
07-25-2012, 01:17 PM
Interesting that Kevin Conroy continues to work every single video game made about batman considering you believe Christian Bale is now "Batman".

e3zJxF-0N3Y

Even if Conroy was the definitive Batman, your argument is stupid. Live-action performances and voice overs are not the same.

da_suns_fan
07-25-2012, 01:21 PM
Even if Conroy was the definitive Batman, your argument is stupid. Live-action performances and voice overs are not the same.

True, but lets say someone did another re-boot of batman in 3-5 years.

Who would have bigger shoes to fill:

A) Whoever plays Bruce Wayne/Batman

B) Whoever plays Joker

I dont think anyone would touch Joker because Heath Ledger had such a memorable performance. Likewise, imagine re-booting "Iron Man" in five years without Robert Downey Junior.

It took twenty years before they even attempted to re-boot superman without Reeve and they casted a guy who look and sounded like Reeve.

It was still a failure.

monosylab1k
07-25-2012, 02:32 PM
I dont think anyone would touch Joker because Heath Ledger had such a memorable performance.

What are you talking about? Mark Hamill does all Joker voiceover work, CLEARLY he is the definitive Joker. Clearly!

leemajors
07-25-2012, 02:40 PM
What are you talking about? Mark Hamill does all Joker voiceover work, CLEARLY he is the definitive Joker. Clearly!

John DiMaggio did Under the Red Hood tbh

da_suns_fan
07-25-2012, 03:22 PM

Dont make me own your ass again.

Mister Sinister
07-25-2012, 03:24 PM
John DiMaggio did Under the Red Hood tbh

And he did fucking awesome tbh. Hamill's definitely my Joker, but fuckin' A, DiMaggio was awesome.

Reck
07-25-2012, 03:31 PM

B) Whoever plays Joker

I dont think anyone would touch Joker because Heath Ledger had such a memorable performance. Likewise, imagine re-booting "Iron Man" in five years without Robert Downey Junior.

It took twenty years before they even attempted to re-boot superman without Reeve and they casted a guy who look and sounded like Reeve.

It was still a failure.

The Joker is up for grabs.

While Heath Ledger did an amazing job as the Joker, he only made one film. Not enough to make it his own.

It will be easier for someone to come in and play the Joker because it only really requires good acting. Physically he could be played by just about anyone in Hollywood right now.

And let me tell you, what's your deal with Iron Man? Robert Downy Jr. is a wimp.

There are a plethora of actors who can do a better job of playing Tony Stark.

Cane
07-25-2012, 03:33 PM
Joker's definitely up for grabs, although for a new Batman they might go Lizardman on us and not retrace Nolan's villains

Jack Nicholson > Heath imo, RIP

CubanSucks
07-25-2012, 03:42 PM

e3zJxF-0N3Y

He's a voice actor...

B) Whoever plays Joker

It was still a failure.

I'd choose B. Too bad we're not talking about Ledger's Joker, we're talking about Batman. I don't think anyone argued that Bale did a better job than Ledger, and I don't think that anyone's calling for Bale to win an Oscar. But combine his pretty damn good performance with the iconic movies as a whole and you're left with Bale being the Batman. The quicker you come to terms the better

da_suns_fan
07-25-2012, 03:44 PM
Whoever takes the next stab at the Joker will Ledger's Oscar hanging over their head.

Im trying to think of another example where an actor took on a role that a previous actor won an oscar for.

Theres Hannibal Lecter, but Hopkins did three films, not one so its not quite fair.

Marlon Brando and DeNiro both won oscars for playing Vito Corleone so I guess it CAN be done.

da_suns_fan
07-25-2012, 03:46 PM
I'd choose B. Too bad we're not talking about Ledger's Joker, we're talking about Batman. I don't think anyone argued that Bale did a better job than Ledger, and I don't think that anyone's calling for Bale to win an Oscar. But combine his pretty damn good performance with the iconic movies as a whole and you're left with Bale being the Batman. The quicker you come to terms the better

He's THE batman....with the stupid voice. :lol

Reck
07-25-2012, 03:55 PM
Whoever takes the next stab at the Joker will Ledger's Oscar hanging over their head.

Im trying to think of another example where an actor took on a role that a previous actor won an oscar for.

Theres Hannibal Lecter, but Hopkins did three films, not one so its not quite fair.

Marlon Brando and DeNiro both won oscars for playing Vito Corleone so I guess it CAN be done.

The next Joker will not be thinking of Ledger's oscar.

It is a sad reality but he only secured that oscar by his own death, acting aside.

Dont lie to yourself now.

da_suns_fan
07-25-2012, 03:57 PM

It is a sad reality but he only secured that oscar by his own death, acting aside.

:lmao:lmao:lmao

Reck
07-25-2012, 03:58 PM
I dont see why that is so funny.

HI-FI
07-25-2012, 04:05 PM
Zach Snyder is an alright director. He's got some visual chops, so he's not a hack, but I didn't care for Watchmen. It had a good look, but it didn't work for me. Dawn of the Dead...it was decent until the zombie baby shit. i still prefer the original.

300 is his best film, but I oddly prefer sucker punch. i don't even know if it's a good movie, probably not, but least it didn't feel like he was just copying the pages of a graphic novel. plus all the chicks were very bangable, so it's a guilty pleasure for me.

CubanSucks
07-25-2012, 04:06 PM
He's THE batman....with the stupid voice. :lol

I'd expect a child to get hung up on one aspect of the movie, even though it's really not that big of a deal

lol his voice is stupid!!1!!!!

don't be that person. He won the Oscar because he did a fucking amazing job. Actually, I take that back, you're right. He WON because of his death, but no fucking doubt he deserved it regardless. I seriously doubt they would've given it to an actor playing a comic book character if he were alive. If he was alive you know they would've pussied out and given it to one of the more artsy roles. I had to look it up out of curiosity

Doubt: Philip Seymour Hoffman
Milk: Josh Brolin
Revolutionary Road: Michael Shannon

da_suns_fan
07-25-2012, 04:14 PM
I'd expect a child to get hung up on one aspect of the movie, even though it's really not that big of a deal

lol his voice is stupid!!1!!!!

don't be that person. He won the Oscar because he did a fucking amazing job. Actually, I take that back, you're right. He WON because of his death, but no fucking doubt he deserved it regardless. I seriously doubt they would've given it to an actor playing a comic book character if he were alive. If he was alive you know they would've pussied out and given it to one of the more artsy roles. I had to look it up out of curiosity

I agree with you on Ledger. He deserved it.

But Bale's Batman is completely forgettable.

This thread is about Superman though, so I'll drop the batman rhetoric.

Reck
07-25-2012, 04:16 PM

Yeah no doubt he deserved it.

I did said "secured" it. He would have had a shot at it regardless.

TDMVPDPOY
07-25-2012, 04:43 PM
i dont like it when they do reboots, when there are so many villains in those series that still hasnt been explored...

UZER
07-25-2012, 07:05 PM
I think Jonnhy Depp could easily step into the Jokers role.

leemajors
07-25-2012, 07:18 PM
last thing we need is a benny and joon joker

CubanSucks
07-25-2012, 07:18 PM

I think you're out of your mind

UZER
07-25-2012, 10:01 PM
Im not taking anything away from ledgers performance by any means. His oscar was well deserved and he carried TDK.

I just think that johnny depp is one guy that could slip into that same dark disturbed role and do it somewhat justice.

Reck
07-25-2012, 11:20 PM
LOL Johnny Depp with his Jack Sparrow impression as the Joker. :lol

I couldn't take him seriously to be honest. :lmao

UZER
07-26-2012, 12:06 AM
you guys act like heath ledger only played the joker in his whole career. He was in other crummy movies too. Nobody saw THAT joker coming based on his previous roles.

To blow off depp just because he played sparrow is dumb.

Reck
07-26-2012, 12:44 AM
you guys act like heath ledger only played the joker in his whole career. He was in other crummy movies too. Nobody saw THAT joker coming based on his previous roles.

To blow off depp just because he played sparrow is dumb.

True, Heath Ledger made poor choices in his career.

Only good movies off the top of my head from him are, Four Feathers and The Patriot.

leemajors
07-26-2012, 06:58 AM
True, Heath Ledger made poor choices in his career.

Only good movies off the top of my head from him are, Four Feathers and The Patriot.

I liked Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus a lot.

SA210
08-08-2012, 03:10 PM
WB eyeing Ben Affleck to direct 'Justice League'

Thesp also mulling offer to topline Greg Berlanti's 'Replay'

By Jeff Sneider (http://www.variety.com/biography/3167), Justin Kroll (http://www.variety.com/biography/3458)
http://images1.variety.com/graphics/photos/_storypics/affleck1_640.jpg

With Christopher Nolan declaring himself out of the running for "Justice League," Warner Bros. has approached another of its go-to directors in Ben Affleck, who's expected to discuss the project with studio brass in the coming days, multiple sources tell Variety.

Since guiding WB's "The Town" to commercial success and critical acclaim from both sides of the camera, Affleck has ascended high on the studio's list of filmmakers who can be trusted with prime properties. Thus far, Affleck is the only candidate who's been sent Will Beall's "Justice League" script, which the "Gangster Squad" scribe was hired to write last summer.

DC Comics' answer to Marvel's Avengers, "Justice League" is expected to bring together marquee characters Batman and Superman, as well as Green Lantern, Wonder Woman and The Flash. Affleck has made it clear that he's only interested in directing films in which he also stars -- "The Town" and "Argo" are proof of that -- so its likely that if this pairing ever came to fruition, he would don a suit of his own. DC Entertainment, Warner Bros. and Affleck's reps declined to comment.

While Affleck has shown an aptitude for mid-budget movies, he's poised to prove he can handle a nine-figure budget like other actors-turned-directors Jon Favreau ("Iron Man") and Kenneth Branagh ("Thor").
http://images1.variety.com/graphics/photos/_storypics/justice_260.jpgOne possible hesitation on Affleck's part is that any involvement with "Justice League" would take him out of circulation as a director for a few years. He could, however, still fit in an acting gig at Warners.
Affleck has spent the last several weeks mulling an offer to star in topline Greg Berlanti's long-gestating sci-fi drama "Replay," which WB has spent more than a decade developing. Based on Ken Grimwood's 1987 bestseller, story follows a man who dies and gets the chance to relive his life over and over again, changing partners and professions each time.
As a director, Affleck is also keen to bring another epic adaptation to the bigscreen: Stephen King's "The Stand," a potential two-part pic that will be a co-production between CBS Films and Warners. Should Affleck sign on for "Justice League," it remains unclear whether WB would wait for him to move forward on "The Stand" or bring on another filmmaker.

Warner Bros. took control of DC Comics in 2009, folding the comicbook company into the studio and re-launching it as DC Entertainment to better manage how its characters wind up on the big and small screens. The CW will air "Arrow," based on the Green Arrow character this fall, but the studio hasn't greenlit any new films since "Man of Steel," which bows summer 2013. Other pics based on Wonder Woman and the Flash also are in development, but are only in script stages.

"Justice League" won't likely be ready for release until summer 2015, which could put it up right against Marvel's "Avengers 2," which has Joss Whedon returning to helm.

Since making his directorial debut in 2007 with "Gone Baby Gone," Affleck has been balancing acting and directing duties. After "The Town," he signed on to work with Terrence Malick on "To the Wonder" before returning to Warners for "Argo," which preems at Toronto next month. Multihyphenate recently wrapped New Regency's online gambling pic "Runner, Runner," and is also developing a movie about Boston crime boss Whitey Bulger with fellow "Good Will Hunting" Oscar winner Matt Damon.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118057612.html?cmpid=RSS|News|LatestNews&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter (http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118057612.html?cmpid=RSS%7CNews%7CLatestNews&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter)

Cant_Be_Faded
08-08-2012, 03:16 PM
This movie looks awful.

Now that tdk trilogy is over we're seriously looking at five to four years of shitty, dark, over serious super hero movie rip offs

cantthinkofanything
08-08-2012, 03:18 PM
Replay was a pretty good book tbh.

SA210
08-08-2012, 03:24 PM
This movie looks awful.

Now that tdk trilogy is over we're seriously looking at five to four years of shitty, dark, over serious super hero movie rip offs

You think this looks awful? It's a cam version of the trailer, but I don't think it looks like it's going to be awful at all. I hope I'm not wrong.

qFp864Rh_6s

SA210
08-08-2012, 03:40 PM
I just hope they don't screw up Justice League. I have faith in Batman and Superman, but I haven't seen Green Lantern lol. I'm afraid to. Is it good?

Reck
08-08-2012, 03:42 PM
No Green Lantern is not good.

Justice League will fail if Afflect is in anyway involved. The casting along will ruin the movie.

He'll probably get his homo friends to play the characters.

SA210
08-08-2012, 03:45 PM
No Green Lantern is not good.

Justice League will fail if Afflect is in anyway involved. The casting along will ruin the movie.

He'll probably get his homo friends to play the characters.

:lol "The cast of Gone Baby Gone IS JUSTICE LEAGUE!!"

CuckingFunt
08-08-2012, 03:50 PM
This movie looks awful.

There's likely a Kick-Ass sequel to look forward to, at least.

Reck
08-08-2012, 04:01 PM
There's likely a Kick-Ass sequel to look forward to, at least.

Will it be like 10 years later?

Hit Girl didn't just get suspended in time. :lol

Either way, looking forward to it.

Love nonsense violence.

CuckingFunt
08-08-2012, 04:06 PM
Will it be like 10 years later?

Hit Girl didn't just get suspended in time. :lol

I thought about that when reading the second book, actually. They'll probably have to fudge her age in some way.

SA210
08-26-2012, 10:08 PM
Clark Kent 2013

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/298138_248317595213450_245026129_n.jpg

http://www.movie-moron.com/wp-content/gallery/remake/man-of-steel-pictures-b-1.jpg

SA210
11-20-2012, 03:09 PM
**New CRAZY trailer in 2D and 3D!** Zack Snyder talks the fun of having a new trailer with "The Hobbit" next month and how happy he was to have Henry and Michael on board with the film!

Excerpt below. Read full story here ---> http://on.mtv.com/XxiglW
(http://on.mtv.com/XxiglW)

"It's fun. I can't wait for 'The Hobbit,' so it will be fun to see our crazy 'Man of Steel' trailer and then enjoy the Hobbit because that's going to be great," Snyder told MTV News. "It just feels like a fun Christmas thing to do, drag the whole family out for that action."

Snyder is embracing the holiday spirit ahead of schedule, via the fanfare surrounding the recent release of the "Watchmen Collector's Edition" (http://splashpage.mtv.com/2012/11/20/watchmen-collectors-edition-zack-snyder/) along with the heroic efforts of "Man of Steel" stars Henry Cavill and chief villain Michael Shannon.

"Shannon is great, he has such great enthusiasm and dedication constantly," Snyder said of the "Take Shelter" actor fully embracing Zod. "You can imagine that you could get actors who go, 'Oh right, it's Zod, it's not 100 percent serious,' or [you can play it] slightly with a wink, there is none of that with him. His effort is to make it realized and to understand this character and what he has to go through, so you have that on one side and you have Henry, who basically is Superman, on the other side and that dynamic."

Snyder went on to say that he is incredibly thankful that Cavill and Shannon were onboard with the idea of making their iconic comic book characters as real as possible (http://splashpage.mtv.com/2012/11/13/zack-snyder-man-of-steel-serious-superman/#more-71642).
"I was just incredibly fortunate to play with those guys who really were giving all they had to bring a level of commitment to the scenes they have together so that audiences will get an opportunity to really have their heroes taken seriously," he said. "As serious as I was taking it, and I don't mean that from a depressing kind of way but from a, 'This is important and fun and needs to be given the respect that it deserves,' from that perspective it was so exciting to watch them drink the Kool-Aid of that concept and go all the way."

And in nearing the home stretch in completing the film ahead of its June 14 release, Snyder seems more than content with his post-production progress.

"I'm super psyched. It's really fun," he said of his continued enthusiasm for "Man of Steel." "I have no superhero fatigue."

CubanSucks
11-20-2012, 08:37 PM
ALL RIGHT!!!! I've been looking for an excuse to go see The Hobbit!!@!!!!!

silverblk mystix
11-20-2012, 08:39 PM
**New CRAZY trailer in 2D and 3D!** Zack Snyder talks the fun of having a new trailer with "The Hobbit" next month and how happy he was to have Henry and Michael on board with the film!

Excerpt below. Read full story here ---> http://on.mtv.com/XxiglW
(http://on.mtv.com/XxiglW)

Stop with this bumping cartoon threads- Manny is Gay will run right back in here if you keep this shit up!

SA210
11-21-2012, 12:31 PM
lol This cartoon I like.

SA210
12-03-2012, 02:44 PM
http://www.cinemablend.com/images/reviews/5199/Man_Steel_13545629348889.jpg

Mark in Austin
12-03-2012, 08:09 PM
hmmm... wonder if it will play in front of IMAX showings too. That would mean The Hobbit would have both the Man of Steel trailer plus the 9 minute Star Trek Into Darkness opening in front of it.

CubanSucks
12-03-2012, 08:17 PM
I don't get the movie poster

redzero
12-03-2012, 08:37 PM
I don't get the movie poster

They're kryptonite handcuffs.

Kip Dynamite
12-03-2012, 08:41 PM
They're kryptonite handcuffs.

Like anyone can even know that.

SA210
12-03-2012, 11:57 PM
hmmm... wonder if it will play in front of IMAX showings too. That would mean The Hobbit would have both the Man of Steel trailer plus the 9 minute Star Trek Into Darkness opening in front of it.

Yes I believe that's correct on Star Trek and MOS being in front of The Hobbit, but as far as on IMAX, dont know. I'm definitely going to make sure with my theater before I buy my ticket.

Man of Steel was supposed to open actually this month, but got pushed back to June because of The Hobbit. Would have been nice to see now as originally planned, but oh well.

SA210
12-07-2012, 12:08 PM
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/59359_10151285428791683_1550633371_n.jpg

SA210
12-11-2012, 12:44 PM
NEW TRAILER!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DaPBBOHfsA

CubanSucks
12-11-2012, 07:12 PM
how many times are you gonna bump this fucking thread?

SA210
12-12-2012, 08:39 AM
how many times are you gonna bump this fucking thread?

As much as I want.

TDMVPDPOY
12-12-2012, 01:32 PM
u know with the reboots and shit, why not just extend the franchise by introducing other enemies and story plots then re-run the same old shit from the start?

ppl would still go watch it

SA210
01-29-2013, 10:15 PM
Amy Adams as Lois Lane

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/309885_516475705064303_2028271681_n.jpg

Reck
01-29-2013, 10:35 PM
u know with the reboots and shit, why not just extend the franchise by introducing other enemies and story plots then re-run the same old shit from the start?

ppl would still go watch it

This is a good point but the problem is the cast, not the plot. They just haven't found that Christian Bale type of actor yet.

lefty
01-29-2013, 10:42 PM
Nolan :worthy:
Zimmer :worthy:

leemajors
01-30-2013, 08:51 AM
I heard the Justice League movie only gets greenlighted if this one doesn't blow.

SA210
04-14-2013, 07:32 PM
I have no problem with using my 10,000th post on this :ihit

General Zod speaks..

That was just released on http://www.manofsteel.com/ a few minutes ago..

There is a rumor that a NEW trailer over 3 minutes long will premiere tonight on the MTV Movie Awards.hope so.

:toast to 10k posts

DPG21920
04-14-2013, 07:37 PM
The Kick Ass 2 trailer severely underwhelmed IMO. I am nervous about that.

I definitely want to see this Man of Steel. I agree I don't want to see overly dark superhero films, but Superman is always one that I felt could benefit from it.

Reck
04-14-2013, 07:57 PM
The Kick Ass 2 trailer severely underwhelmed IMO. I am nervous about that.

Saw the trailer at imdb and I must say I am kind of skeptic on this one. Too many "superheroes."

It could become a real joke. Now everyone is some kind of masked hero/villain? I have my doubts.

CuckingFunt
04-15-2013, 02:27 AM
I have no problem with using my 10,000th post on this :ihit

General Zod speaks..

I have not at all been following the news/rumors/etc. about this one at all, but I hope they're not obscuring the image to try and keep the fact Michael Shannon was cast as Zod a secret. That voice is unmistakable.

Wild Cobra
04-15-2013, 02:37 AM
I have not at all been following the news/rumors/etc. about this one at all, but I hope they're not obscuring the image to try and keep the fact Michael Shannon was cast as Zod a secret. That voice is unmistakable.
I doubt it. He is listed in IMDB for that role.

SA210
04-15-2013, 09:00 AM

Michael Shannon is in the full length trailer that came out before Christmas, so I don't think that's it at all. It's for the hype. The Man of Steel website went snowy like that 3 days ago..with hidden messages and stuff being revealed the past few days with a countdown to this particular teaser, Zods emblem being revealed at the very end before the "Zod announcement". I'm really digging this little teaser.

Here is the new countdown for whatever is being released tomorrow. http://www.iwillfindhim.com/

A whole new full length 3 minute trailer is rumored to be released at that time. From what I have read, Shannon is supposed to be all in it.

ace3g
04-16-2013, 07:20 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=T6DJcgm3wNY

SA210
04-16-2013, 07:27 PM
Holy Shyt!! You beat me to it!! :lol

Thanks!! This movie looks freakin EPIC!

SA210
04-16-2013, 08:11 PM
"What's the \S/ stand for?" -Lois Lane

"It's not an "S". On my world it means HOPE" -Kal El

Woo Bum-kon
04-16-2013, 08:28 PM
It's sad to see you post about Superman when little brown babies are being murdered by drones.

SA210
04-16-2013, 08:35 PM
It's sad to see you post about Superman when little brown babies are being murdered by drones.

gtfo my Superman thread and stalk me elsewhere, pussy

Woo Bum-kon
04-16-2013, 08:43 PM
lol one post = stalking

lefty
04-17-2013, 12:49 AM
Lexcorp !

http://cinemavine.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/man_of_steel_HD_trailer_stills_79.png

HI-FI
04-17-2013, 01:46 AM
that trailer is very good. A great trailer is such a lost art. I think the hardest part of this movie, like I said previously in this thread, is coming up with a new theme since John Williams' score is so iconic. It's probably my favorite vinyl soundtrack I own.

But the music in this trailer sounded pretty good, and I have a lot of faith in Hans Zimmer.

btw, i bet this movie will be the biggest of the summer....well that or Iron Man 3, Shane Black will probably knock that out of the park per par.

Reck
04-17-2013, 03:01 AM
I hope they dont spend like an hour and a half of Clark being out of that suit.

SA210
04-17-2013, 03:16 AM
that trailer is very good. A great trailer is such a lost art. I think the hardest part of this movie, like I said previously in this thread, is coming up with a new theme since John Williams' score is so iconic. It's probably my favorite vinyl soundtrack I own.

But the music in this trailer sounded pretty good, and I have a lot of faith in Hans Zimmer.

btw, i bet this movie will be the biggest of the summer....well that or Iron Man 3, Shane Black will probably knock that out of the park per par.

:tu

Nobody can outdo John Williams' masterpiece, but the theme in this trailer is awesome. I'm loving pretty much everything.

This is one of the best trailers I have seen in many years for any film, tbh. The first few trailers for this film were lacking, imo. This one put it together, perfectly. Major props on this work. I love the effort given here on story.

Gotta to be the summer blockbuster. \S/

http://makeagif.com/media/4-17-2013/Bq9LWD.gif

txstr1986
04-18-2013, 10:04 AM
http://makeagif.com/media/4-17-2013/Bq9LWD.gif

This.

SA210
04-24-2013, 06:47 PM
Not a bad marketing campaign at all. Wow. Gonna get a great head-start to opening ticket sales.

Hollywood Tests Movie Ticket Sales at Walmart With ‘Man of Steel’

http://pmcvariety.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/manofsteel.jpg?w=490&h=276&crop=1

April 23, 2013 | 09:01PM PT Retail giant is first to offer tickets to early screenings from a major studio

Marc Graser (http://variety.com/author/marc-graser/)

Senior Writer @marcgraser (http://twitter.com/@marcgraser)

http://variety.com/2013/film/news/walmart-to-sell-movie-tickets-to-man-of-steel-1200409884/

Walmart is about to give Superman an early boost at the box office, with the company becoming the first retailer to sell tickets to an advance screening of a studio film. It’s a deal that, if it takes off with consumers, could quickly become a new source of revenue for Hollywood’s majors while altering the way moviegoers are lured into the megaplex.

The retail giant will offer nearly 1 million tickets to Warner Bros.’ “Man of Steel” at 3,700 stores nationwide beginning May 18, at 8 a.m., for screenings scheduled June 13. Film officially bows Stateside on June 14. Advance tickets won’t become available to more traditional outlets until May 21 or 22, giving Walmart at three- to four-day advance on sales.

The 6,372 exclusive screenings will take place at 2,379 theaters, with consumers able to purchase up to four tix for either 2D or 3D showings in their area. Walmart will promote the early sales on Facebook and Twitter with #SeeSteelFirst. The amount of tickets available per store will be determined by their size and the cities in which they’re located.

Walmart launched this microsite (http://www.walmart.com/cp/1104132?povid=P1171-C1143.2489+1139.2488-L0)to identify which theaters are participating.

To sweeten the deal, the ticket price will include a free code to pre-order a Blu-ray combo pack or HD digital download of “Man of Steel,” which will contain exclusive film content. They also will get a free original digital comicbook penned by “Man of Steel” screenwriter David Goyer.

http://pmcvariety.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/walmart-superman-tickets.jpg?w=499
The deal is significant for various reasons:

At a time when chains are competing for exclusive merchandise to sell from the studios, Walmart clearly sees the deal as a way to prove that it’s still the biggest fish in the retail pond.

The ticket sales will not only boost the pre-sale box office of “Man of Steel,” they’re also meant to pump up early demand for the film’s eventual homevideo release across multiple platforms. Despite declining DVD sales, Hollywood has hardly given up on the rest of its homevideo divisions just yet and the Walmart deal is an innovative move to generate more coin for parts of that business that’s still showing signs of growth — namely Blu-ray and digital.

For Warner Bros., having the nation’s largest retailer on its side gives the studio the kind of marketing muscle few other tentpoles can tout and help launch “Man of Steel” to greater heights at the B.O. than 2006’s “Superman Returns.” After all, the success of “Man of Steel,” which introduces Henry Cavill in the red cape, is key to Warner Bros.’ efforts to introduce other DC Comics characters in their own franchises or lead to a “Justice League” film that already has fanboys lathered up with anticipation. With the amount of traffic flowing into Walmart’s stores each day, Warner Bros. is guaranteed a lot of exposure for its superhero.

“We know the movie delivers and believe this unique partnership will kick off strong word of mouth that, thanks to the reach and immediacy of social media, will propel moviegoers to theaters nationwide,” said Dan Fellman, Warner Bros. Pictures president of domestic distribution. Legendary Entertainment co-produced “Man of Steel,” helmed by Zack Snyder.

And for Walmart, the company is betting big on “Man of Steel” as a title it hopes will lure consumers into its stores. In addition to selling tickets to early screenings, it will also start offering “Man of Steel” merchandise, beginning April 28, that includes T-shirts, electronics, posters and other items on shelves and online at Walmart.com.

Superman has always been one of DC’s top sellers when it comes to licensed merchandise, and with a new film in theaters, Warner Bros. is eager to exploit the character across various age groups this summer — something Walmart is eager to support.

In addition, Walmart is backing the “Man of Steel Experience” mobile app, using augmented reality technology to enable customers to take photos with Superman using their smartphones at various locations around stores. App is available from Apple’s App Store and Google Play.

Either way, “Man of Steel” will likely be just the first film Walmart offers its customers, should ticket sales take off. And its manager are already learning the ropes of the exhibition biz, as they’re the ones that determined which local theater chains would be part of the early Superman screenings. Nearly every chain is represented as part of the early run.

The test using Walmart stores will also dictate whether studios expand the offer to other retailers like Target, Best Buy, Toys R Us, perhaps even Amazon, in the future.

“We couldn’t be more excited to give our customers and associates early access to one of the summer’s most anticipated movies,” said Laura Phillips, senior VP of entertainment at Walmart U.S. in a statement. “Walmart’s premiere of ‘Man of Steel’ once again proves we have the ambition and studio partnerships to develop unique retail programs that give our customers access to the movies they love.”

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/11897_10151608487221399_1078855102_n.jpg

CubanSucks
04-25-2013, 05:22 PM

that one's better but still pretty bleh. Shitty casting tbh. The villain especially but Coster, Diane Lane, and Amy Adams are just a distraction. They should've gone more ambiguous with them like they did with Superman. Oh, and an AMERICAN would've been nice, fucking c u n t s.

and lame ass joke at the end, "Well here it's an S. How about... Su-screech!!!!"

SA210
04-30-2013, 07:59 PM
Hans Zimmer: An Ideal of Hope

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUSVANyzg0M

Man Of Steel Score Official "Samples": Hans Zimmer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yU4GgJGix1Y

SA210
05-07-2013, 09:07 PM
A better look at the film score by Hans Zimmer

17 Minutes worth

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66IlpP3LIHE

lefty
05-12-2013, 11:25 PM
TV Spot 4

New MAN OF STEEL TV Spot Reveals Awesome New Footage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HoUVg_YAAd4

crc21209
05-14-2013, 01:49 AM
I'm not even a huge Superman fan and I'm pumped for this movie...:tu

SA210
05-18-2013, 11:28 AM
2 new cool Featurettes for the Wal-Mart promotion that kicked off today for advanced screening tickets

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6TWwZ9azYw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhluUtJKgHg

manufan10
05-20-2013, 09:17 AM
Did anyone buy the advance screening tickets? I went early, and there were only 7 people standing in line. :lol I was expecting a bigger turnout.

CubanMustGo
05-20-2013, 01:59 PM
Did anyone buy the advance screening tickets? I went early, and there were only 7 people standing in line. :lol I was expecting a bigger turnout.

Law of diminishing returns, really ... how many times is Hollywood going to remake this?

Darius McCrary
05-20-2013, 02:03 PM
Is this another reboot or part 2 of that joke movie that came out a few years ago?

SA210
05-20-2013, 02:09 PM
Law of diminishing returns, really ... how many times is Hollywood going to remake this?

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/972130_487054481363311_95800222_n.jpg

ace3g
05-21-2013, 09:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlOF03DUoWc

Relevancy
05-21-2013, 09:34 PM
Superman again really? Overkill, Batman is more interesting seeing that he's not totally a fictional character, I'll still see it regardless since it has the name "Nolan" attached to it, but please make more Batman movies, if Dark Rises was the ending point then I'm highly disappointed.

SA210
05-21-2013, 11:49 PM

Damn ace3g, you keep beating me to it :lol

:tu Thanks

SA210
05-22-2013, 12:17 PM

Conan's Video Response To "Man Of Steel" Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJ5DwzVdbWE

CubanSucks
05-22-2013, 03:39 PM

It looks good, I still prefer it never been made tho. The music from the other other trailer is what ultimately got my interest.

Superman again really? Overkill, Batman is more interesting seeing that he's not totally a fictional character, I'll still see it regardless since it has the name "Nolan" attached to it, but please make more Batman movies, if Dark Rises was the ending point then I'm highly disappointed.

First of all, Nolan's a fucking producer which means jack shit. Steven Spielberg producers like every other movie and tv show that comes out but no one would notice. Second, they DO need to let Batman go. It ended great. You said it yourself his appeal is that he's not totally fictional, well if he still manages to do what he's done to the LoS, Scarecrow, Joker, and Bane much longer I think you can put that down as TOTALLY fictional. It ended on top and with grace

SA210
05-26-2013, 07:01 PM
:wow Heat vision

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsiuIflyVrw

hehateme
05-26-2013, 11:49 PM
Is the runtime really 4hrs long?? Anyone know?

CubanSucks
05-26-2013, 11:59 PM
Is the runtime really 4hrs long?? Anyone know?

What in the fuck are you talking about? No movie is going to be 4 hrs anymore. IMDB has 143 min. You actually had me excited for a second, I'd love a 3+ hr long movie

hehateme
05-27-2013, 12:14 AM
What in the fuck are you talking about? No movie is going to be 4 hrs anymore. IMDB has 143 min. You actually had me excited for a second, I'd love a 3+ hr long movie

Palladium has it at 4hr runtime on their details. Don't blame me for their stupidity. I'll upload a pic soon.http://i42.tinypic.com/33278nc.png

DPG21920
05-27-2013, 12:57 AM
Is Dbox worth it?

CubanSucks
05-27-2013, 02:06 AM
Palladium has it at 4hr runtime on their details. Don't blame me for their stupidity. I'll upload a pic soon.http://i42.tinypic.com/33278nc.png

that would be so badass. wtf is dbox?

SA210
05-27-2013, 04:32 AM
that would be so badass. wtf is dbox?

Your theater seat comes to life along with the movie lol. I'm thinking about D-Box for this one, not sure yet though. I've never done it except for checking out the demos which were pretty cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJCD1-85Fnk

This is when D-Box first came out with Terminator Salvation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6q1rOSgYKM

And they originally said for a while the run-time was 148 minutes, then a couple weeks ago they said 143 is the official run-time now. I guess they cut 5 minutes from it in the past couple months for some reason. I prefer longer movies myself, I wish it were at least 2 1/2 hours long. Run-time is decent. I'm just glad it isn't at 2 hours or less, that would have been horrible.

SA210
05-27-2013, 06:22 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXOqXVSRZrQ

rascal
05-27-2013, 05:46 PM
I can't watch crappy computer animated special effects that they use today for any action scene throughout the whole movie. You might as well watch a cartoon.

Durant82
05-27-2013, 06:04 PM
I can't wait for the 3D gimmick to be over with. I want to see this on IMAX but not with the shitty 3D that ruins the picture quality and adds nothing to the movie. I spent money to see Star Trek Into Darkness on IMAX 3D and the 3D was fucking awful and almost completely ruined the movie.

SA210
05-28-2013, 02:46 PM
Damn, they are really pumping out the TV spots

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gu-JMgYhvpA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2PQMoYmhDs

rascal
05-29-2013, 08:33 AM
Man of Steel because they can't use Superman.

Thebesteva
05-29-2013, 07:31 PM

Why not?

SA210
05-29-2013, 07:37 PM
They can use "Superman", and they do use "Superman" in the film.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEtRSdziU-k

Durant82
05-29-2013, 09:09 PM

:lmao yeah because making a movie about Kal-El from the planet Krypton who lives on Earth as Clark Kent is all okay, just as long as they don't use the name Superman. How fucking retarded are you?

SA210
05-30-2013, 09:17 AM
Nice lil featurette

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQVq6vwMn0I

rascal
05-30-2013, 09:47 AM
Why not?

The movie title Superman has already been used.

rascal
05-30-2013, 09:52 AM
A glorified cartoon. I won't be watching it.

SA210
05-30-2013, 10:07 AM
^^ Thanks for your announcement. I'm sure you will hurt their ticket sales.

Relevancy
05-30-2013, 10:23 AM
Nice lil featurette

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQVq6vwMn0IThey mentioned something about featuring a more realistic Superman, a Superman that exists in the real world. I'm sure all of that will be thrown out of the window once the audience watches him fly at the near speed of light, how can you mention Superman with the word "realistic":lmao but but he's an alien with feelings:cry

In no way am I disrespecting Superman, I respect him greatly in my imagination, but he's just another fictional character. I'm very sure our eyes will be very pleased at least in action, which is all that Superman is.

Relevancy
05-30-2013, 10:26 AM
But of course you can lean on your geeky self and pretend you're from Kypton and you can totally relate to him.

Durant82
05-30-2013, 10:58 AM
The movie title Superman has already been used.
Yeah that really messed up the plans for Total Recall last year.

Mugen
05-30-2013, 11:20 AM
:lol rascal

Movie looks good tbh. But Snyder's films all have amazing trailers (Watchmen, 300, etc.) while the movies themselves were average at best.

Goyer & Nolan's involvement is what has me excited for Man of Steel. Tho, still not as excited as I am for Pacific Rim.

Relevancy
05-30-2013, 12:02 PM
:lol rascal

Movie looks good tbh. But Snyder's films all have amazing trailers (Watchmen, 300, etc.) while the movies themselves were average at best.

Goyer & Nolan's involvement is what has me excited for Man of Steel. Tho, still not as excited as I am for Pacific Rim.I would like for Nolan to step away from superhero movies for awhile and give us another The Prestige.

Mugen
05-30-2013, 12:06 PM
I would like for Nolan to step away from superhero movies for awhile and give us another The Prestige.

Agreed. Looks like his new movie Interstellar is going to be in the vein of Prestige/Inception so excited for that.

SA210
05-30-2013, 04:23 PM
I would like for Nolan to step away from superhero movies for awhile and give us another The Prestige.

I've actually never seen that. How good is it?

benefactor
05-30-2013, 04:29 PM
The Prestige was awesome.

ace3g
05-30-2013, 08:25 PM

He's directing Interstellar next: Matthew McConaughey, Anne Hathaway, Jessica Chastain, and Michael Caine

SA210
06-01-2013, 04:06 PM
:wow 13 minute Publicity Special for Man of Steel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXr_WuA7iNg

SA210
06-05-2013, 04:36 PM
‘Man Of Steel’ #1 Ticket-Seller Online Today (http://www.deadline.com/2013/06/man-of-steel-1-ticket-seller-online-today/)

http://www.deadline.com/2013/06/man-of-steel-1-ticket-seller-online-today/

Warner Bros Pictures (http://www.deadline.com/tag/warner-bros/)‘ Superman reboot Man Of Steel (http://www.deadline.com/Man-Of-Steel) doesn’t open nationwide until June 14 and in more limited release a day earlier for late shows. But as of 10 AM today, the Chris Nolan (http://www.deadline.com/tag/christopher-nolan/)-mentored, Zack Snyder-directed, Henry Cavill (http://www.deadline.com/tag/henry-cavill/)-starring tentpole became the top ticket-seller on Fandango. It’s already outselling this weekend’s new releases, Twentieth Century Fox’s The Internship (http://www.deadline.com/tag/the-internship/) and Universal’s The Purge (http://www.deadline.com/tag/the-purge/). And, in terms of advance ticket sales, Man Of Steel is outpacing the previous Summer 2013 movies at the same point in the sales cycle. Hollywood for months now has been buzzing that the movie studio’s big gamblewill be one of this summer’s biggest grossing mega-hits. Now, finally, here’s some early proof.

SA210
06-05-2013, 08:46 PM
90 second clips of the diff tracks from the Man of Steel soundtrack.

Hans Zimmer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCsAO1pTheg

ace3g
06-06-2013, 11:08 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=dwYatpwrs8s

SA210
06-06-2013, 11:28 AM
:wow:wow:wow:wow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=dwYatpwrs8s

txstr1986
06-06-2013, 03:09 PM
This movie can't come soon enough.

DPG21920
06-06-2013, 03:26 PM
So what are the odds you see a glimpse of something Justice League related? Maybe a mention of Bruce Wayne...

SA210
06-06-2013, 05:55 PM
So what are the odds you see a glimpse of something Justice League related? Maybe a mention of Bruce Wayne...

I'm thinking very good odds :hat

SA210
06-06-2013, 06:05 PM
New clips

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFK2i4G41BA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmWdhbIB2hI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buHoyBz4bwo

CubanSucks
06-06-2013, 06:54 PM

too good to be true tbh. Seriously, I doubt it. The Dark Knight trilogy were far and away the best comic book movies and combining that universe with Superman, the biggest and most well known, and Wonder Woman, who doesn't and probably never will have good movies to go with her, no way.

oh, and using anyone besides Christian Bale as Batman from here on will be seen as a joke

inb4 DURRRRR but Joker and Bane made that trilogy!!!!!!!!!! No, they just made it beyond awesome, but this wouldn't be like changing the Hulk for The Avengers

SA210
06-06-2013, 07:16 PM
2 different Man of Steel Online Video Games, from ManOfSteel.com

http://herosflight.manofsteel.com/

http://metropolismayhem.manofsteel.com/

Reck
06-06-2013, 07:17 PM
So many trailers out. I bet they add up to like 15 or so minutes of the actual movie. Spoiling the movie imo.

By the time you are watching the movie if you had seen all the trailers you'll have a familiar sensation, therefore killing the anticipation of the whole movie.

With that said, imdb has a 13 minute of behind the scenes look.

SA210
06-07-2013, 12:37 AM
New clip aired tonight on Jay Leno

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PieQAnoBLH0

Drew2354
06-07-2013, 12:53 AM
Look for a Wayne Enterprise nod....if you blink you will miss it.

ace3g
06-07-2013, 01:08 AM

Snyder confirmed Easter egg having to do with BW

SA210
06-07-2013, 01:09 AM
Jay Leno interview

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUIJcXSeq8U

lefty
06-08-2013, 05:20 AM
A satellite made by Wayne Enterprises will be seen in the movie

True story

SA210
06-09-2013, 09:34 AM
ABC News Nightline - Man of Steel Featurette

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxAQiD_DTmk

Relevancy
06-09-2013, 03:47 PM
This movie is going to make my pants feel so happy

SA210
06-09-2013, 05:22 PM
'Man of Steel' AOL Unscripted
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ic94UY3nX5o

txstr1986
06-10-2013, 07:01 PM
The full soundtrack is up on Spotify if you want to listen.

Relevancy
06-11-2013, 02:43 PM
This movie is currently at 72% in Rotten tomatoes, now I don't usually use that meter to decide what I want to watch or what I don't, I just felt like it was pretty interesting to point out, maybe this movie will not be the best thing since slice bread.

redzero
06-11-2013, 07:08 PM
He's directing Interstellar next: Matthew McConaughey, Anne Hathaway, Jessica Chastain, and Michael Caine

I can see Chastain as Poison Ivy.

benefactor
06-11-2013, 07:13 PM
This movie is currently at 72% in Rotten tomatoes, now I don't usually use that meter to decide what I want to watch or what I don't, I just felt like it was pretty interesting to point out, maybe this movie will not be the best thing since slice bread.
This is one of those situations where unlike Batman, there are Superman purists who will hate it before ever watching a second. Personally, I'm fucking pumped.

SA210
06-11-2013, 11:16 PM

I have seen some VERY awesome reviews for this film, I just haven't had time to post them and the Spurs just won.

SA210
06-12-2013, 01:22 PM
Cool review, not sure if it's as good as this guy says, guess we'll find out.

Man Of Steel Review: The Best Comic Book Movie Ever Made

By: Joe Comicbook (http://comicbook.com/staff/) on June 10, 2013

http://comicbook.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/man-of-steel-review-best-comic-book-movie-ever-300x272.jpg (http://comicbook.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/man-of-steel-review-best-comic-book-movie-ever.jpg)

http://comicbook.com/blog/2013/06/10/man-of-steel-review-the-best-comic-book-movie-ever-made/

In the following Man Of Steel review, I’m going to try to keep it light on spoilers, as we’ll have a more spoiler-filled review later. First, I must give my apologies to Christopher Nolan, Joss Whedon, and Jon Favreau. The Dark Knight, The Avengers, and Iron Man had been sort of in a three way tie in my mind for best comic book movie ever made. To me, Heath Ledger gave the best performance ever as a villain in The Dark Knight, Robert Downey Jr. gave the best performance ever as a superhero in Iron Man, and The Avengers overall was just a ton of fun.

While excellent, each of those three movies were missing just a little something, which is why they were stuck in a three way tie. However, what those three movies were missing, the Man Of Steel found. Man Of Steel has broken the tie, it has for me at least captured the title of the best comic book movie ever made. And this is coming from someone who has seen every comic book movie ever made, the good and the bad. I still think Nolan, Whedon, and Favreau are great, but Zack Snyder has just raised the bar. Of course, Nolan can take solace in the fact that he helped Snyder raise the bar, as a producer and writer on the film. Everything just connects perfectly in Man Of Steel.
All of the superlatives that Henry Cavill’s castmates have dished upon him are 100% deserved. In his first outing as Superman, Henry Cavill has joined the ranks of superheroes that were perfectly cast. He’s Warner Bros. answer to Marvel Studios casting of Robert Downey Jr. as Iron Man. Henry Cavill is a Superman that Warner Bros. can build a Justice League around. He looks the part, he acts the part, and he completely nails the role in every possible way.

While Christopher Reeve will always hold a special place in my heart and the hearts of millions of other fans, Henry Cavill has redefined Superman for a new generation. It’s kind of like how Michael Keaton was great in the first two Batman movies, but Christian Bale redefined Batman for the modern era. I remember reading early concerns that Henry Cavill might pull down the movie because he didn’t have the experience level of some of the other actors in the film. Anyone who had those concerns should rest easy, because Henry Cavill not only holds his own among several high caliber actors, but he also delivers an Oscar-worthy performance.

Much has been written of Cavill’s dedication and hard-working attitude on the set of Man Of Steel, and it shows in the movie. Cavill took the role seriously, and he put his heart into it. He gives comic book fans a Superman that they can be proud of. Cavill exceeded every expectation that I had for him in the role.

The fact that Cavill shines in Man Of Steel is very high praise indeed, when taking into consideration that his fellow castmates also delivered. One of the biggest criticisms of many a superhero movie is that the villains often fail to live up to expectations. There have been some great actors playing superheroes, who have never faced a villain truly menacing enough to be their equal.

Michael Shannon turns General Zod into the type of villain that is worthy of a Superman. Watching Zod and Superman go head-to-head in Man Of Steel is like watching the best two boxers in the world fight. It’s like what might have happened if Muhammad Ali and Mike Tyson had somehow been able to step into the ring together when they were both in their prime.

Kevin Costner and Russell Crowe are also both brilliant in their roles playing two very different fathers for Superman. Costner in particular gives his best performance since Dances With Wolves. As much as Cavill defines Superman, Costner defines Jonathan Kent. Costner and Diane Lane as Martha Kent as well really make you believe that two country farmers could find an alien in a field and raise him as their own. Their values and faith are what shape the man that Superman becomes.

While there have been some murmurings that the women in the movie might take a back seat to the men in the movie, I personally didn’t find that to be the case. While it’s true that Superman is the focal point of the movie and his two fathers play an enormous role in the movie, there are some strong female characters in Man Of Steel as well.

Antje Traue gives a deliciously evil performance as Faora. If studios in the past have been reluctant to center movies around female superheroes or female supervillains, then they should just take a look at what Antje Traue does in the Man Of Steel. She proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that a woman can play just as powerful of a supervillain (or by the same token superhero) in a film as any man can.

Amy Adams is also stunning as Lois Lane. While there are instances where she does fall into the damsel in distress role, there are a lot more instances where she performs heroically and moves the plot forward. If not for Lois, I don’t think Superman would have followed the path that he follows in the movie. She’s the one that helps him believe in the human race. As far as her getting rescued from time to time, Superman rescues almost everyone at one time or another in the film. After all, he’s Superman, and he’s an equal opportunity rescuer.

Even though I haven’t mentioned every cast member just to keep this review from becoming even longer, there’s not anyone who stands out as giving a bad performance. Overall, the cast of Man Of Steel gets an A+.

But it’s not just the cast that makes Man Of Steel the best overall comic book movie ever made. The visuals in the film are stunning. Right from the beginning, I don’t think I’ve ever seen Krypton look so beautiful and mesmerizing. And the fight scenes, they are simply the best superhero fight scenes ever put on film. Nothing else even comes close. If you think you’ve seen a superhero fight scene in a movie before, just wait until you see Man Of The Steel. The fight scenes are intense, brutal, and overwhelmingly destructive. Glancing around at other audience members during some of the fight scenes in the movie, they all had the same jaw-dropping, eyes-wide-open expression that I did.

When Zack Snyder did 300, he changed the way that fight scenes are shown in movies. With Man Of Steel, he has once again rewritten the rules of how to show fight scenes in movies. There’s no slow motion to be seen, it’s fast, furious, fist-flying action.

And as visually impressive as Man Of Steel is to watch, it’s also a joy to the ears. There are literally moments in the film, where I stopped and thought, “Wow, this is the most amazing movie soundtrack I’ve ever heard.” If Hans Zimmer doesn’t get an Oscar nomination for the Man Of Steel soundtrack, it will be a crime worthy of a lifetime of Phantom Zone imprisonment for the Academy members.

Visually amazing, beautifully scored, with a stellar cast, I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again, “Man Of Steel is the best comic book movie ever made.” Somehow, Man Of Steel takes the best parts of Christopher Nolan’s Batman trilogy and Marvel Studios’ Avengers movies, and it combines them into one film, while also offering up plenty that is new and different. Man Of Steel is a movie that will both make you think and also thoroughly entertain you.

While I’ve intentionally avoided discussing the plot to keep this review spoiler free, the plot was excellent, and keep checking back, because I will be posting a spoiler-filled plot review soon. I really can’t fathom anyone not liking this movie. At the screening I attended, there was plenty of applause, laughter at just the right moments, and people literally ran when they had to get up to go to the bathroom because they didn’t want to miss a minute. In fact, I wouldn’t be surprised if some people peed in their seats just to avoid missing one second of the film. For my own part, I avoided drinks going in, because I knew it could be an issue that would lead to a difficult choice.

As far as any criticism of the film, it’s hard to find any. There are some rather shocking scenes, which are likely to create much discussion among Superman fanboys, but even the likely controversial scenes work amazingly well in the broader scope of the film. If I was forced to say one bad thing about the Man Of Steel, the only downside I can come up with is that there was no after the credits scene. A large part of the audience sat around through the credits in hopes of seeing a little something extra, but there were only credits. When the only criticism you have of a film is that there wasn’t more of it, then you know it was a truly great film. I give Man Of Steel five out of five stars, ten on a scale to ten, and a big thumbs up.

SA210
06-13-2013, 11:57 AM
Tonight is the Night! Midnight showing for me, since I cannot miss the Spurs game (Please get this win Spurs :flag:).

Can't wait for 12am \S/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

‘Man of Steel’ Breaks All-Time First-Day Record in PHL with P69.52-M

June 13, 2013 by Warner Bros. (http://www.starmometer.com/author/warner-bros/)
http://www.starmometer.com/2013/06/13/man-of-steel-breaks-all-time-first-day-record-in-phl-with-p69-52-m/

The new, origin film of Superman flew off to a blockbuster start yesterday as “Man of Steel” surpassed the industry’s all-time opening day record with a nationwide gross of a monumental P69.52-M.

http://www.starmometer.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Man-of-Steel.jpg (http://www.starmometer.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Man-of-Steel.jpg)

“Man of Steel’s” phenomenal debut bested the opening day record previously established only last April by “Iron Man 3” at P62.9-million.

This was announced today by Francis Soliven, general manager of Warner Bros. (F.E.), Inc. which distributed the film. “This is a day of reckoning for Superman,” added Soliven. “He’s a larger-than-life character beloved by millions of Filipinos, and this was proven today. Fans and families welcomed him back overwhelmingly as evidenced by the long lines, the ubiquitous Superman shirts everywhere, and the cheers at the end of screenings.”

Dominating the over all box-office with a 94 percent share, “Man of Steel” also posted the biggest opening day gross ever for Warner Bros. whose previous best first-day performer was “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2” at P28.3-million.

http://www.starmometer.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Man-of-Steel-Kid.jpg (http://www.starmometer.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Man-of-Steel-Kid.jpg)

From Warner Bros. Pictures and Legendary Pictures comes the epic action-adventure “Man of Steel,” under the direction of Zack Snyder (“300,” “Watchmen”).

In the film, a young boy learns that he has extraordinary powers and is not of this Earth. As a young man, he journeys to discover where he came from and what he was sent here to do. But the hero in him must emerge if he is to save the world from annihilation and become the symbol of hope for all mankind.

The film stars Henry Cavill in the role of Clark Kent/Kal-El, four-time Oscar® nominee Amy Adams, Oscar® nominee Michael Shannon, Academy Award® winner Kevin Costner, Oscar® nominee Diane Lane, Oscar® nominee Laurence Fishburne, Antje Traue, Ayelet Zurer, Christopher Meloni, and Academy Award® winner Russell Crowe.

Now playing in IMAX 3D, Digital 3D and regular theaters in the Philippines, “Man of Steel” is distributed worldwide by Warner Bros. Pictures, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/532501_578488242196382_603700069_n.jpg

tlongII
06-13-2013, 12:30 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2013/06/12/man-steel-review-special-effects-overkill-thin-story-ground-latest-superman/

'Man of Steel' review: Special effects overkill, thin story ground latest Superman

NEW YORK – Zack Snyder, Christopher Nolan and David S. Goyer have managed to become Superman’s very own Kryptonite, stripping the iconic character of his greatest assets: wit, charm, and most importantly, hope; rendering “Man of Steel” this blockbuster season’s biggest disappointment.

At one point during the film, Kal-El (Henry Cavill) refers to the S on his suit as his home planet Krypton’s symbol for hope, which has been one of Superman’s biggest motifs since his first appearance in 1938, and though Supes has to tell us he’s all about hope, “Man of Steel,” ironically, is void of any. This isn’t quite as cynical as “The Dark Knight” trilogy, but there’s little in this film that instills awe or astonishment or the need to improve ourselves. There are no overarching themes, no messages and no consequences.

“Steel” follows the traditional Superman origin story of the baby Kal-El being sent to Earth after his home planet Krypton is destroyed. Kal-El becomes Clark Kent and struggles with his identity and superpowers in relation to his fellow Earthlings. General Zod and his small army seek out Krypton’s last survivor to collect a codex which could recreate and repopulate Krypton. However, Zod decides that Earth is as good as any place to recreate his home planet, even if it means wiping out the human race, and that just isn’t cool with Superman.

For a two and a half hour film, there is nearly an hour – if that – worth of story, and a weak one at that. The remaining time is all action. The final hour is a tiresome and incessant barrage of buildings, cars spaceships and helicopters exploding. The first half hour isn’t much different. Without a strong story, the action sequences are just chaos and loud noise. And in “Man of Steel,” there’s a lot of noise.

“Man of Steel” does rock the superhero boat a little by having a non-linear structure, which in theory is a nice reprieve from traditional superhero movies we’ve been dealing with for over thirty years. But in practice, the structure hurts the film tremendously. We jump around through Kal-El’s history as an infant to present day to his Smallville farm-boy days with the Kents. The non-linear structure certainly keeps the film breathlessly moving along but it also completely sacrifices any emotional connection to each and every character. Kevin Costner as Jonathan Kent, for example, does a fine job with what he’s given, which isn’t much, but the emotional and moral impact he is supposed to inculcate on his adopted son is awash without a natural emotional progression. These sporadic glimpses of relationships are frequent throughout the film and are rendered ineffective by the screenplay’s structure.

Most importantly, Snyder fails at creating an emotional core. Every other Superman film, TV show, or radio broadcast features an abundance of wit and humanity, which this one lacks. The characters, including Superman, have no personality. Only Amy Adams gives a fighting chance to be heard or felt as Lois Lane, but these weak characters on the page just aren’t enough for this very talented cast to run with. Henry Cavill absolutely looks the part of Superman, but Goyer’s screenplay never lets the character breathe, shine or display any semblance of humanity. When your main character, and one as iconic as Superman, is as dull as this, no amount of spectacle can salvage that lack of personality or emotional connection.

One of the most important elements of the Superman legacy is his relationship with reporter extraordinaire Lois Lane, but Cavill and Adams have very little chemistry due to their little-shared screen time, and when they are together, they seem to be attending a line-reading session rather than in the story. So by the end when they kiss, like so much else in the film, it feels false and unbelievable.

Snyder and Nolan rounded up a fantastic cast for “Man of Steel” but unfortunately left them all out to dry with simplistic one-dimensional characters. Russell Crowe’s Jor-El is as noble and stoic as they come but is just a prop. Laurence Fishburne’s Daily Planet editor Perry White appears completely bored by the news of a pending alien invasion. Michael Shannon, who is one of the most fascinating character actors to come our way in a long time, is miscast as General Zod, the genetically engineered soldier bred to protect the people of Krypton at all costs. Shannon, to his credit, is given a weak-written role, but he does not, in the least, come across as militaristic, threatening or worth our emotional investment.

Little in this film feels natural or real, which Snyder seems to want to convey. The oversaturation of effects, which has become the norm in most blockbusters, completely overshadows any natural cinematography, which may create a schism between the audience and the film. Nolan’s “Dark Knight” trilogy was a massive success for its dark realism, and there are attempts to do that here, too, but the crew seems to have gotten a bit carried away with creating as many CGI shots as possible that all realism is lost. With Snyder, Nolan and Goyer sacrificing story for endless CGI action sequences, “Man of Steel” can be summed up by that great line Jeff Goldblum says in “Jurassic Park”: they “were so preoccupied with whether or not they could that they didn't stop to think if they should.”

benefactor
06-13-2013, 12:35 PM
Didn't read.

rofl foxnews

SA210
06-13-2013, 12:42 PM
:lol at critics upset that \S/ stands for hope instead of "Superman". Weaksauce outta here

leemajors
06-13-2013, 12:43 PM
Didn't read.

rofl foxnews

i've read several other similar ones - acting supposedly fantastic, but story thin and Snyder can't control himself with FX. Without spoiling, a couple things that are central to the character have been changed, which will surely enrage comic fans as you said earlier.

Reck
06-13-2013, 01:00 PM
This is one of those situations where unlike Batman, there are Superman purists who will hate it before ever watching a second. Personally, I'm fucking pumped.

True. lol

How can this movie have such scores when the movie hasn't even come out yet?

Are these from legit critics that have seen the movie in advance or just plain old haters?

benefactor
06-13-2013, 01:05 PM
i've read several other similar ones - acting supposedly fantastic, but story thin and Snyder can't control himself with FX. Without spoiling, a couple things that are central to the character have been changed, which will surely enrage comic fans as you said earlier.
Yeah...there seems to be a pretty pronounced divide between those who want Christopher Reeves and those who embrace the change to some fundamental Superman staples in order to get the story to be less bubble gum and more dark. Most people who are going to see it know what they are getting into. Those who long for Christopher Reeves are probably better off staying home and not setting themselves up for disappointment.

benefactor
06-13-2013, 01:06 PM
True. lol

How can this movie have such scores when the movie hasn't even come out yet?

Are these from legit critics that have seen the movie in advance or just plain old haters?
Most critics get to screen it in advance.

SA210
06-13-2013, 01:25 PM
Yeah...there seems to be a pretty pronounced divide between those who want Christopher Reeves and those who embrace the change to some fundamental Superman staples in order to get the story to be less bubble gum and more dark. Most people who are going to see it know what they are getting into. Those who long for Christopher Reeves are probably better off staying home and not setting themselves up for disappointment.

Yup, that's what it is. Christoper Reeves will always be my favorite Superman, but I welcome this new one. I cannot wait.

SA210
06-13-2013, 02:59 PM
8 more hours till Man of Steel. 5 more hours till tipoff. Today is a good day. :hat

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/1001315_536863953038022_549505518_n.jpg

LA24
06-13-2013, 06:27 PM
I'm here in Taiwan right now and it's already showing here. Many who have seen it says it sucks real bad.

SA210
06-13-2013, 11:35 PM
Damnit Spurs. Oh well. Long ass lines here at my theater for the midnight showings, even the WalMart ticket screenings earlier during the game was sold out. I was surprised by that.

Hope this is good.

chunticakes
06-14-2013, 02:26 AM
RT currently has man of steel @ 58% but we all know that drops after midnight premiers...

Trainwreck2100
06-14-2013, 03:01 AM
RT currently has man of steel @ 58% but we all know that drops after midnight premiers...

won't matter, it's going to make $$$$$$$$$

SA210
06-14-2013, 03:13 AM
:lol Wow, halfway thru the movie the film went out, theater tried twice to play it and couldn't get it back on. Gave everyone passes for another time. So much for that.

Reck
06-14-2013, 03:25 AM
:lol Wow, halfway thru the movie the film went out, theater tried twice to play it and couldn't get it back on. Gave everyone passes for another time. So much for that.

Wow such a big fail.

I would have absolutely raged.

SA210
06-14-2013, 03:33 AM
Wow such a big fail.

I would have absolutely raged.

Dude, it went out twice, and the wait to get it back on each time was like 20 minutes each time. People were pissed, it was right in the middle of an intense scene too.

Darth_Pelican
06-14-2013, 09:38 AM
Well, I went to the midnight premiere last night....

Some thoughts without spoilers:

The movie was all over the place and messy. There are constant random flashbaks from when he is a kid. So instead of just having the movie going in chronological order, once he gets to earth, he is an adult.

There is no reason to see the movie in 3D because I can't remember one scene where 3D was used in an action sequence.

The action scenes were good enough but it's hard to really care about any of the characters. Everything just seemed rushed.

2.5 stars

The Reckoning
06-14-2013, 09:55 AM
hopefully this puts the nail in the coffin for superman movies. you can't make superman realistic. period.

leemajors
06-14-2013, 11:16 AM

at least if it was on film and had broken someone could splice it back together :lol

CuckingFunt
06-14-2013, 11:55 AM
at least if it was on film and had broken someone could splice it back together :lol

Even theaters that still run film seldom hire projectionists who know how to do that.

leemajors
06-14-2013, 12:37 PM
Even theaters that still run film seldom hire projectionists who know how to do that.

Sorta right - they got rid of them a few years back instead, and train the managers to start films to save money. That's the Alamo Drafthouse way at least. A buddy of mine quit there two years ago because they told him he could stay on only if he would be a roving projectionist for all the Austin Alamos. He told them to go fuck themselves.

Suspect
06-14-2013, 01:13 PM
Just got back from watching it. I liked it, but it did seem kinda rushed and not too well put together in the beginning.

sjacquemotte
06-14-2013, 01:24 PM
Watched it on IMAX 3D. Incredible!! Probably the best one period. Although Kent's mom's acting is horrible

SA210
06-14-2013, 01:24 PM
Edit: I'm deleting my initial review seeing as how it was based on only part of the movie.

Relevancy
06-14-2013, 02:47 PM
Well, I went to the midnight premiere last night....

Some thoughts without spoilers:

The movie was all over the place and messy. There are constant random flashbaks from when he is a kid. So instead of just having the movie going in chronological order, once he gets to earth, he is an adult.

There is no reason to see the movie in 3D because I can't remember one scene where 3D was used in an action sequence.

The action scenes were good enough but it's hard to really care about any of the characters. Everything just seemed rushed.

2.5 starsThanks for letting me save the dollar extra, or 3..... I'm going to boycott movie studios

sjacquemotte
06-14-2013, 03:52 PM
Yea pissed me off, so I still haven't gone back to watch it. From what I did see, the acting was really good, but I did not expect how quickly the story would move. It moves fast. Seems like it was done purposely so that it wouldn't b anything like Returns. I haven't seen the ending yet, I will say I might prefer if they had just done the story in order, but it definitely looks like a great setup for the sequel.I'll go watch it and hopefully there are no damn problems with the theater today. The trailer makes the film seem very deep but the actual film does those scenes in flashbacks and they're quick, so for my personal taste, I would prefer to watch it slow down a bit and take those scenes in. Anyway, I do like it VERY much, and I think the sequel will be great. I love Kevin Costner, wish he had one or two more scenes. I did not feel that any actor was out of place. My beef is how quickly it moves and the order, but I'll finish it today, and make my final decision on how I really feel. Cavill, imo is very damn good.
I'm glad they didn't focus on the parts that everyone already knows. But yeah they could have just focused on superman as an adult since everyone knows about him in Kansas, growing up with values, etc.

Reck
06-14-2013, 04:50 PM
So all the hype was for nothing? :lol

This is what happens when you start advertising a movie a year in advance. At least they'll bait enough people to go watch it.

Durant82
06-14-2013, 04:59 PM
Zach Snyder is easily the worst director in Hollywood not named Shyamalan. The only hope was that Nolan's influence would make this movie good, but apparently not even that was quite enough.

SA210
06-14-2013, 05:13 PM
So all the hype was for nothing? :lol

This is what happens when you start advertising a movie a year in advance. At least they'll bait enough people to go watch it.

:lol huh? I love this film, even if I think the chronology should have been done differently. On my way to watch itagain at 7pm :tu

Spurminator
06-14-2013, 05:47 PM
Very disappointed with it. Way over-directed (to be expected from Snyder, but I had read that this was more subdued than his other work.) It's so bleak and joyless that brief attempts at humor seem forced. I was really excited for Michael Shannon as Zod, but he was miscast.

There's a constant rush to get to the next scene. We barely spend any time on Krypton.

If big dumb fight scenes are your thing, this has it in spades. It just has no heart whatsoever.

2 out of 5. Worse than Superman Returns, and not even close to 1 and 2.

Relevancy
06-14-2013, 06:10 PM
Very disappointed with it. Way over-directed (to be expected from Snyder, but I had read that this was more subdued than his other work.) It's so bleak and joyless that brief attempts at humor seem forced. I was really excited for Michael Shannon as Zod, but he was miscast.

There's a constant rush to get to the next scene. We barely spend any time on Krypton.

If big dumb fight scenes are your thing, this has it in spades. It just has no heart whatsoever.

2 out of 5. Worse than Superman Returns, and not even close to 1 and 2.I'll go watch This is the End instead, thank you.

Reck
06-14-2013, 06:14 PM
Damn no encouraging replies at all.

I guess I'll catch this movie when the inevitable leaked screener comes out. :lol

Suspect
06-14-2013, 09:27 PM
People that are being negative about it are probably the same people who likes the Ironman movies, smh

MoS was the best Dragonball Z movie EVER

SA210
06-14-2013, 09:45 PM
Ok, forget my original review. F that shit. I have now seen it all, and it was FUCKING AWESOME! I spoke too damn soon. Just wow. Seriously. :lol

GoodOdor
06-14-2013, 11:04 PM
Pretty meh movie.

CubanMustGo
06-14-2013, 11:49 PM
Ok, forget my original review. F that shit. I have now seen it all, and it was FUCKING AWESOME! I spoke too damn soon. Just wow. Seriously. :lol

The way you have been fanboying this for months we would expect nothing else.

Jacob1983
06-15-2013, 02:01 AM
There is a lot of hate in this thread. I will not be a part of the hate because I loved this movie. This was one of the best super hero movies and possibly best Superman movie of all time. Amy Adams was great as Lois Lane. I liked how she wasn't a damsel in distress and was actually pretty helpful to Superman. Henry Cavill was amazing as Superman. The special effects and action sequences were awesome. This is probably Zach Snyder's best movie in my opinion. If you are expecting Argo, American Beauty, or No Country For Old Men you should just stay home.

MannyIsGod
06-15-2013, 02:11 AM
I didn't give a shit about the characters. It seemed really shallow. Its amazing that people say it felt rushed - I feel they're right though - because the begining felt waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too long. The fake zoom shot was SO overused on this movie that it became a distraction for me. That being said, I enjoyed the fight scenes quite a bit. Its just a rather superficial type of enjoyment I expect to get when I go see Fast 6. I had higher hopes for this.

UZER
06-15-2013, 10:20 AM
I really liked the movie!!! I can understand peoples issues with it. there were times its 10/10 and times it was 5/10 due to editing and pacing. some things couldve been left out, some scenes couldve expanded. Forgiving some of those things since its Superman and hes behind the 8ball as the greatest of them all, but the last movie to come out in this era (everything has already been done), I give it a solid 8/10.

I lovdd the openeing scene. it felt like the LOTR Two Towers Intro (prrtty epic). I didnt feel it was two long as it was the origin of THIS Superman. Keep in mind there has not been a Superman origin scene since 1978 so most of this generation doesnt know his origin.

The thing I liked the most about the movie was the sci-fi/alien vibe. he is afterall an alien.

***spoiler alert***

my only major beef was the quickness with whic he dawned the suit. I wish maybe he couldve been captured/surendered reluctantly at first while feeling resistance to Jor-el for feeling some abandoned. Then after realizing his duty/decision to stay and protect the earth, he goes back proudly puts the suit on for the first time as the earths protector to face confront Zod.

SA210
06-15-2013, 12:32 PM
:lol Manny hates on the new film. Let's not forget he really liked "Returns". And the MoS opening scene alone is 20, 30, 50 times better than Superman Returns rofl.

OK, I have now seen the entire film and boy was I satisfied. I didn't have time to review it last night.

AMAZING, to say the least. At first I felt a bit disappointed in the quick flashbacks or choppy feel, bc the theater screwed up the film and that's all I had seen until the next day, I thought for the entire next day that the film would continue to take that awkward tone, but after I got to see the whole thing I think it fit very well, and I shouldn't have commented on it until now. It was GREAT!

Kevin Costner, I can't think of someone right now who could have played his role better. Perfect Earth father for Supes. In the sequel I actually hope they can do some new flashbacks with Costner. :tu

Amy Adams was really good, as UZER said she was very helpful to Superman and way better than that Kate Bosworth chick. I would prefer an extra scene to show them fall for eachother more, but I can live with this.

Russel Crowe I thought was really good and loved that his character is used more here. Michael Shannon was very good, can't say he owned the character like Ledger owned Joker, but he did very good.

But Henry motherfuckin' Cavill man, the dude was perfect. He played a great Superman and loved his backstory and his struggle of hiding who he was as a young Clark Kent and his relationship with Pa Kent. They did seem to rush to action early on, but I now see that as no big deal in the long run. It worked in the end, and maybe in Part 2 they will do better with that, I think they will.

I've seen some reviews that blast it for having too much action in Act 2 and 3, wtf!!?? That is so stupid imo. Thought the action was great, really great. Not a great fan of too much CGI, but that last fight Supes and Zod was off the charts. I give this film a 9.5. That .5 it's missing was the rush to action scenes early on (such as UZER's example in his spoiler alert), but honestly by the time the movie ends I'm on an emotional inspired high lol. My favorite Superhero movie since the original Superman 1 and 2, period. I will be owning the blu-ray.

Zack Snyder should be proud. His best movie to date, by far. I loved how he handled the dramatic scenes, not too many but they were really good.

:worthy::worthy:Hans Zimmer

:tu:tu I will be watching this once more today or tomorrow, this time the IMAX. I'd watch it a 3rd time too, but I just gotta see This is the End.

SA210
06-15-2013, 12:55 PM
Superman is fucking dead. We're too used to Bruce Wayne and Tony Stark to suddenly switch what kind of hero we enjoy most.

:hat
Friday Box Office: 'Man Of Steel' Grosses Super $56 Million*

http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2013/06/15/friday-box-office-man-of-steel-grosses-super-56-million/

http://b-i.forbesimg.com/scottmendelson/files/2013/06/MOS129-300x199.jpg (http://b-i.forbesimg.com/scottmendelson/files/2013/06/MOS129.jpg)

Fearless box office prediction: I think Man Of Steel *may* gross over $100 million this weekend. In all seriousness, Exhibitor Relations is reporting that the Zack Snyder directed and Chris Nolan-produced Superman adventure Man Of Steel earned a massive $44 million over its first Friday along with $12 million via those Wal-Mart screenings on Thursday evening, giving the film a $56 million cume going into its second official day of play. Some pundits will count the Wal-Mart showings as separate Thursday grosses, but I have always merely tagged such advance-night screenings onto the Friday number (because up until somewhat recently, it was just a few million bucks to worry about, not these full-court events), hence the asterisk in the headline. If you’re talking just Friday, then yeah, it’s a mere $44 million. Either way, Man Of Steel now has the second-biggest opening day for a non-sequel, behind the $67 million Friday of The Hunger Games last year. It’s a bigger opening day than Iron Man ($38 million), Spider-Man ($39 million), and Alice In Wonderland ($41 million), although one can adjust for inflation and 3D/IMAX bumps accordingly.

It also has, including the Thursday figures an opening day bigger than all previous DC Comics opening weekends in history save the last two Batman pictures (The Dark Knight‘s $158 million debut and The Dark Knight Rises‘s $160 million debut). It bests the $52.5 million Fri-Sun debut of Superman Returns (which of course grossed $83 million over Wed-Sun in July 2006), and the opening weekends of Watchmen ($55 million in March 2009), Green Lantern ($53 million this weekend in 2011), Batman Forever ($52.8 million – a record 18 years ago this weekend), Batman Begins ($48m Fri-Sun/$72m Wed-Sun this weekend in 2005), Batman Returns ($47.7m – a record 21 years ago this weekend), and Batman & Robin ($43m this weekend in 1997). The only question now is playing around with multipliers to predict just how big the opening weekend will be, to the extent that it matters at this point. Multipliers, weekend-to-total multipliers, will surely matter over the long run, as next weekend will determine whether Man Of Steel is a quick-kill blockbuster or one for the record books beyond opening weekend. But for now, Warner Bros. has little to do other than celebrate and count their money.

Worst case scenario, a Harry Potter/Twilight/Dark Knight Rises multiplier of around 2.0x gives Man of Steel $116 million, or about what the opening five days of Superman Returns would be adjusted for inflation and 3D/IMAX bump. A 2.35x weekend multiplier, ala The Dark Knight, off that $58 million first “day” gives the film $136 million for its first 3.25 days. A 2.5x multiplier, ala the Marvel Comics films (and Green Lantern, natch), gives the picture $145 million for the weekend. Anything higher than that, which is frankly unlikely with that massive first day, starts to flirt with the record books for a non-sequel. Besting The Hunger Games‘s $153 million debut means a mere 2.66x weekend multiplier, which isn’t entirely impossible. Either way, the June opening weekend record ($110 million for Toy Story 3 on this weekend in 2010) is toast. Here’s a fun stat: If it can get to $135 million by Sunday, it will have out-grossed the first Superman (released in 1978 of course) and every single other DC Comics adaptation that isn’t a Batman film.

So yeah, Warner Bros. has a massive hit on its hands, with the $175-$225 million (depending on who you ask) likely matched by domestic grosses alone by the end of next weekend. I’ll go into more details tomorrow, including the overseas numbers (also huge) and the somewhat charmed nature of this mid-June weekend, which used to be the debut weekend of choice for Warner Bros’ big summer tent-poles when I was a kid. Of course, when I was a kid, a $40 million weekend was something earth-shattering, so these $50 million single days as a matter of habit are making me feel a bit old. Anyway, if you’ve seen Man Of Steel, feel free to share your thoughts below. Spoilers are fine, but spoiler comments without a ‘spoiler warning’ will be deleted or at least edited. See you tomorrow.

CubanSucks
06-15-2013, 01:16 PM
That was nearly a year ago, if you've been paying attention I've obviously changed my tune since then. I'm even seeing it tonight.

I still think the first trailer was awful and I even still think this is just another one of the countless remakes/redo's/retries that are being pumped out, this one just looks more entertaining to me. Also, the selling point of Christopher Nolan as a freaking PRODUCER got annoying

SA210
06-15-2013, 01:18 PM
That was nearly a year ago, if you've been paying attention I've obviously changed my tune since then. I'm even seeing it tonight.

I still think the first trailer was awful and I even still think this is just another one of the countless remakes/redo's/retries that are being pumped out, this one just looks more entertaining to me. Also, the selling point of Christopher Nolan as a freaking PRODUCER got annoying

:lol Just teasing, I know you have changed your tune. Hope you enjoy it :tu

benefactor
06-15-2013, 01:30 PM
In the theater now. Will observe and report.

SA210
06-15-2013, 01:44 PM
Btw, as far as easter eggs or awesome surprises go, which one did yall catch or like the best?

Of course when commenting, add **spoiler alert*** when telling yours, but I will say I don't think many people caught this certain one I'm thinking about, but when I did, it damn near brought tears to my eyes. Can anyone guess what it was or did anyone catch it??

UZER
06-15-2013, 02:00 PM
Btw, as far as easter eggs or awesome surprises go, which one did yall catch or like the best?

Of course when commenting, add **spoiler alert*** when telling yours, but I will say I don't think many people caught this certain one I'm thinking about, but when I did, it damn near brought tears to my eyes. Can anyone guess what it was or did anyone catch it??

****spoiler alert***

I noticed the lex corp on the trucks during the fight. That was cool. Not sure I know what your referring to, but I also haven't seen it 3 times :lol.

I will say this though, I hadnt seen one trailer, read one story/review, and did everything in my power to have a completely blank sheet going into the movie. It was so refreshing to see this movie not knowing anything. I didn't even know who the villain was. I only knew crowe was jor-el by accident. I'm proud of myself to accomplish this for a year in this day and age.

too many times now we know the entire plot, who was supposed to be in the movie but turned it down, blah blah blah that its taints the movie for us even before we see it. Even of we love it, we still know too much about before going to see it.

CuckingFunt
06-15-2013, 02:05 PM
Zack Snyder should be proud. His best movie to date, by far.

Better than Sucker Punch? Surely you must be joking.