PDA

View Full Version : Who is the alpha male in Team USA right now?

ElNono
07-21-2012, 07:15 PM
Damn it... please delete

TE
07-21-2012, 07:17 PM
:lmao

Kai
07-21-2012, 07:22 PM
Kobe

ElNono
07-21-2012, 07:22 PM
I need mod powers, tbh... :cry

Hemotivo
07-21-2012, 08:02 PM

:lol

thispego
07-21-2012, 08:38 PM
elnono what a fuckin idiot

ElNono
07-21-2012, 08:55 PM
sup thispedo... still peddling your bastard child over the internets?

thispego
07-21-2012, 10:45 PM
Peddling him?

He won't be a bastard much longer, makin an honest woman out of his momma :toast

ElNono
07-21-2012, 11:56 PM
Peddling him?

He won't be a bastard much longer, makin an honest woman out of his momma :toast

:toast

DMC
07-22-2012, 01:25 PM
Peddling him?

Congrats :toast

Condolences to her :lol

Fabbs
07-22-2012, 02:22 PM
:lol who's the *alpha male* in the entire NBA right now?

It's become such a pussified show not sure the q is even applicable.

That being said prolly Chandler.
Bron is the leader fo su.

ChrisRichards
07-22-2012, 02:25 PM
Kobe is the Alpha Male but Lebron is the leader. Similar toOG Dream Team. Kobe-->Magic except Magic has more swag and Lebron---> Jordan except Lebron is much more humble.

pass1st
07-22-2012, 02:49 PM
Kobe is the Alpha Male but Lebron is the leader. Similar toOG Dream Team. Kobe-->Magic except Magic has more swag and Lebron---> Jordan except Lebron is much more humble.

:lol humble

They both have massive egos, but Jordan embraced his

:lol chosen 1

Killakobe81
07-22-2012, 04:26 PM
Lebron is the best player and it's not close.
Durant is the best shooter, and it's not close.

Kobe is arguably second or third in both categories ...

As far as "alpha male" tough to say. But when Argentina cut the US lead to 5 ... Coach K called Kobe off the bench ...doesnt mean he is the alpha male, but he did rely on his leadership when the game got tough.

thispego
07-22-2012, 04:31 PM
Congrats :toast

Condolences to her :lol

rofl yeah thanks

DAF86
07-22-2012, 04:38 PM
Lebron is the best player and it's not close.
Durant is the best shooter, and it's not close.

Kobe is arguably second or third in both categories ...

As far as "alpha male" tough to say. But when Argentina cut the US lead to 5 ... Coach K called Kobe off the bench ...doesnt mean he is the alpha male, but he did rely on his leadership when the game got tough.

You're omitting that he first got benched 'cause he was getting torched by a fellow TOSB member, tbh.

HeatChamps
07-22-2012, 04:41 PM
Take Oldbe out of the game and TEAM USA looks much better. Too bad Oldbe hasn't learned to accept he isn't that good anymore. The Lakers are better off without him.

ElNono
07-22-2012, 04:43 PM
You're omitting that he first got benched 'cause he was getting torched by a fellow TOSB member, tbh.

tbh, I thought he got benched after throwing that hail mary that ended up with two easy points for ARG... He's been doing that with the Lakeshow too... tossing 3s from almost halfcourt

ChrisRichards
07-22-2012, 04:44 PM
:lol humble

They both have massive egos, but Jordan embraced his

:lol chosen 1

Well, in a way Lebron is much more humble than Jordan as a teammate. I don't think he's as self absorbed, self centered and a bigger prick than Jordan tbh. Lebron seeks attention though while Jordan is normally loved by the media with his fake smile and personality. With Lebron, you pretty much get the same character on and off cam tbh. Also, Lebron joined Miami, I think that proves his ego isn't as massive as some people think. Jordan would never join Magic, Isiah or Bird in their prime. For the sake of winning, Lebron swallowed his pride. Definitely not someone with huge ego tbh.

croflwaffle lolollyposicle

Koolaid_Man
07-22-2012, 04:45 PM

Lebron will never be the leader of any team that Kobe is a part of...point blank end of story...:toast maybe in the minds of the Media and some American fans..but where it counts is the players and the coaches...they don't see Lebron as leader and they don't give him the type of reverence they gave MJ and Kobe...that's a fact...in order to placate the American media they gave team USA coaches gave Lebron the title as Co-Captain with Kobe...but as long as the players still consider Kobe the man then I'm good...Lebron has shown us what he can do without a Kobe on the team and make no mistake it's not Gold, hell it ain't even Silver....:lmao

ChrisRichards
07-22-2012, 04:55 PM
Kobe has seniority, I'll give you that. But do you really think Kobe commands respect from guys who owned him in the summer?:lol:lol:lol I bet Westbrook, Harden and Durant are all giving Kobe a hard time :lol:lol:lol Even freaking Kyrie Irving is challenging him to a one on one :rollin

And how the hell is he going to tell Lebron how to "execute" (his favorite word) the game properly? Considering Lebron won MVP, Finals MVP and an NBA Title last year, something Kobe never done in his career :rollin

Like I said, Kobe gets respect because he's an old timer but these young cats ain't listenin to 40% Kobe :rollinthey all listen to the man who won in a dominating fashion last June, and that sure ain't Kobe. :lmao

Koolaid_Man
07-22-2012, 04:56 PM
While I'm on a roll let me pile on some more...the Director and Coaches have made it clear...Kobe will be their guy when it matters most...suck on it bitches - lol

"His senior leadership is very, very important. The fact that he's willing to kind of acquiesce in some ways is significant," Colangelo said. "But when it's all said and done, I mean when you get down to the last game and the last shot, I think you're going to consider Kobe having the ball. And I think Kobe is the guy, because of his track record, is the guy who will make the shot."

ChrisRichards
07-22-2012, 04:58 PM
The only player that would take Kobe's "act of leadership" seriously is his boy Lamar and he's already excited to play with a passing teammate like CP3. I guess Melo kinda respects Kobe. Figures, they'll flock together, they're both inefficient chuckers tbh. :lol

Koolaid_Man
07-22-2012, 05:03 PM
Kobe has seniority, I'll give you that. But do you really think Kobe commands respect from guys who owned him in the summer?:lol:lol:lol I bet Westbrook, Harden and Durant are all giving Kobe a hard time :lol:lol:lol Even freaking Kyrie Irving is challenging him to a one on one :rollin

And how the hell is he going to tell Lebron how to "execute" (his favorite word) the game properly? Considering Lebron won MVP, Finals MVP and an NBA Title last year, something Kobe never done in his career :rollin

Like I said, Kobe gets respect because he's an old timer but these young cats ain't listenin to 40% Kobe :rollinthey all listen to the man who won in a dominating fashion last June, and that sure ain't Kobe. :lmao

are you really that fucking dumb :lol... Listen captain...Durant and Westbrook are on record saying they grew up idolizing Kobe...Durant even went on record saying he'd take right now at this age Kobe beating Lebron 1 on 1...talk about lack of respect...:lol

You obviously don't understand how this works...young guys challenging Kobe is a clear sign of respect and an indication of who they really admire..in fact Kobe did this with MJ..Phil said the first thing he wanted to do was play MJ 1 on 1...

Fact is Kobe can teach Lebron many things but he won't because he's a competitor...sure Lebron is bigger, faster, and stronger but he's not more skilled, has a horrible post game and can only bull his way to the basket...Euro refs won't allow him to do that...if he can't think his way through the game then he loses his effectiveness...Lebron doesn't strike me as the sharpest tool in the shed...so if he wants to win this international competition his ass will have to listen to Kobe...Kobe grew up playing international or European Ball..He knows the system..Lebron grew up in Ohio pretty big difference...

ChrisRichards
07-22-2012, 05:03 PM
Man these track records are good if you're creating a biography for Kobe, but these players don't remember what Kobe did 3 years ago. He's yesterday news who I bet is being schooled on a regular basis by Harden in practice :lol

Koolaid_Man
07-22-2012, 05:04 PM
now let me pile on you heat fans some more - lol

HeatChamps
07-22-2012, 05:05 PM
The best thing for TEAM USA is not to play Kobe a minute.

Koolaid_Man
07-22-2012, 05:08 PM
Man these track records are good if you're creating a biography for Kobe, but these players don't remember what Kobe did 3 years ago. He's yesterday news who I bet is being schooled on a regular basis by Harden in practice :lol

You kidding right...Did you not watch the 2nd round of the play-offs..when LA lost...did you not watch what happened to Harden when they put him on Kobe 1 on 1...you pitiful dawg...these 23 yr old guys can't guard a 34 yr old 1 on 1 and that's pretty sad...

maybe you need to watch this again..happen last summer..

Kobe and Harden going at..end of the day Kobe 45 points and game winner..Harden 44 points and losing..in front of gym pack full of niggas :lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWp7T6E8ug8

Koolaid_Man
07-22-2012, 05:10 PM
Here's another reason Lebron is not the leader in my opinion...He doesn't know how to set the tone..get the guys fired up...He won't put himself out there...this is what real leaders do..not the media fabricated ones:

Kobe: Team USA's citizenship will be revoked if they don't win Gold

Kobe Bryant told reporters Wednesday that if Team USA doesn't win gold in the Olympics, their citizenship will be revoked, via a British reporter (https://twitter.com/iwhittell/status/225564871788466177).

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/eye-on-basketball/19608530/Kobe:-Team-USA%27s-citizenship-will-be-revoked-if-they-don%27t-win-Gold

ChrisRichards
07-22-2012, 05:12 PM
:lol Im going to tell you this Kool. We Heat fans are having the time of our lives. We're set for the next 4-5 years with Bron, Bosh and Wade. Pat Riley is making all the right moves to make sure you Laker fans stays under obscurity. You go on and talk about Kobe's legendary "clutch" duck tales :rollin

Stabula
Harden sucks and I anticipate his career to start nose diving. Even someone as washed up as Kobe could school him.

DUNCANownsKOBE
ChrisRichards just bullying the chimps he's supposed to bully.

No surprises here.

Koolaid_Man
07-22-2012, 05:15 PM
:lol Im going to tell you this Kool. We Heat fans are having the time of our lives. We're set for the next 4-5 years with Bron, Bosh and Wade. Pat Riley is making all the right moves to make sure you Laker fans stays under obscurity. You go on and talk about Kobe's legendary "clutch" duck tales :rollin

When re-tooling as we speak...my niggas get that piece we're after you can forget it...like someone said..Dwight almost single-handed owns the Heat every time they play...Kobe won't lose if he gets back to the big dance..you better hope and pray Dwight goes to Houston because if he comes to LA you're in deep doo-doo :lol

Koolaid_Man
07-22-2012, 05:16 PM
ChrisRichards just bullying the chimps he's supposed to bully.

No surprises here.

So is Nash :lol

ChrisRichards
07-22-2012, 05:18 PM
Here's another reason Lebron is not the leader in my opinion...He doesn't know how to set the tone..get the guys fired up...He won't put himself out there...this is what real leaders do..not the media fabricated ones:

Kobe: Team USA's citizenship will be revoked if they don't win Gold

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/eye-on-basketball/19608530/Kobe:-Team-USA%27s-citizenship-will-be-revoked-if-they-don%27t-win-Gold

Are you telling me the guy who grew up in Italy and speaks iIalian is tellin his American peers their US citizenship will be revoked? Kobe's still aphony after all these years. I guess a Leopard really can't change its spots. :rollin

ChrisRichards
07-22-2012, 05:23 PM
When re-tooling as we speak...my niggas get that piece we're after you can forget it...like someone said..Dwight almost single-handed owns the Heat every time they play...Kobe won't lose if he gets back to the big dance..you better hope and pray Dwight goes to Houston because if he comes to LA you're in deep doo-doo :lol

Offseason moves.

Nash
Jamison

Nash is great but his health/back is TBD tbh. Lol.

Jamison :rollin

Enjoy the Olympics son. Its about the closest thing Kobe would get to a championship in his career from this day forward.

pass1st
07-22-2012, 06:27 PM
Well, in a way Lebron is much more humble than Jordan as a teammate. I don't think he's as self absorbed, self centered and a bigger prick than Jordan tbh. Lebron seeks attention though while Jordan is normally loved by the media with his fake smile and personality. With Lebron, you pretty much get the same character on and off cam tbh. Also, Lebron joined Miami, I think that proves his ego isn't as massive as some people think. Jordan would never join Magic, Isiah or Bird in their prime. For the sake of winning, Lebron swallowed his pride. Definitely not someone with huge ego tbh.

croflwaffle lolollyposicle

Lebron might involve his team more, but he fucking tattood that shit on his back. Refused to shake hands when he lost a game, 2hr special, wants to be paid to enter the dunk contest, etc.

Can't doubt he's going to go down in history as a top 10 player, maybe even top 5 if he rings 3-4 more times as #1, but he's cocky as fuck. Only difference between Jordan was that Jordan loved acting cocky. Lebron seems to stop himself from acting like it infront of cameras.

DMC
07-22-2012, 07:30 PM
Durant isn't even the alpha on his own team. He's back seat to Herobrick.

KD: "Russ I'm open.. open"

RW: "fuck you nigga, my momma's in the audience"

Killakobe81
07-22-2012, 07:55 PM
Meh, the Kobe TOSB, stuff doesnt bother me in the least. he says he may only play 2-3 more years so he basically is admitting he is past his prime. But he is still a top 5-10 especially with Rose's knee and Howard's back.

On this USA team only Durant and Lebron of course, are players I would take over Kobe for a game or a series at this point. Night in night out you could argue Melo, Westbrook etc. But none of those cats would I take over Kobe when it matters. Only KD & Lebron have earned THAT much respect ...

Killakobe81
07-22-2012, 07:56 PM
The best thing for TEAM USA is not to play Kobe a minute.

LOL Apparently Coach K disagrees :wakeup

namlook
07-22-2012, 09:11 PM
LOL Apparently Coach K disagrees :wakeup

Coach K would look stupid not giving minutes to an all-time top 5 player.

“Well, he's been doing it for 16 years in the NBA and in those 16 years the accomplishments are incredible. I mean, they're worthy of a top-five player in the history of the game, really...” U.S. coach Mike Krzyzewski

Joel Anthony
07-22-2012, 09:44 PM
MVP, finals MVP and current NBA champion vs a has been? Is this really up for debate? :lmao

Joel Anthony
07-22-2012, 09:47 PM
Dwight owns the Heat? Since when? Laker fans need to watch more games and come back to reality.

ElNono
07-22-2012, 10:49 PM

“Well, he's been doing it for 16 years in the NBA and in those 16 years the accomplishments are incredible. I mean, they're worthy of a top-five player in the history of the game, really...” U.S. coach Mike Krzyzewski

Nobody is taking away Kobe's good years... those ended about 2 seasons ago though, tbh

TE
07-22-2012, 10:51 PM
:lmao "all-time top five"

That's when you know namlook has checked in.

Joel Anthony
07-22-2012, 11:22 PM
:lmao "all-time top five"

That's when you know namlook has checked in.

namlook has a crush on Kobe and he has no shame in that.

HeatChamps
07-23-2012, 02:53 AM

Why don't you give Kobe a blow job while you're at it though he might rape you.

Killakobe81
07-23-2012, 05:07 AM
Nobody is taking away Kobe's good years... those ended about 2 seasons ago though, tbh

Kobe's prime ended around that time but to say he does not have good years left is pretty asinine, tbh. I get the joy of trolling a bit more now, but no need to exaggerate. I guess Kobe set the bar pretty high.

DAF86
07-23-2012, 09:42 PM
http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/309320_4423320069359_1272425237_n.jpg

You know you're a bonafide TOSB when you get blocked by a 5'9'' scrub.

DMC
07-23-2012, 10:21 PM
Meh, the Kobe TOSB, stuff doesnt bother me in the least. he says he may only play 2-3 more years so he basically is admitting he is past his prime. But he is still a top 5-10 especially with Rose's knee and Howard's back.

On this USA team only Durant and Lebron of course, are players I would take over Kobe for a game or a series at this point. Night in night out you could argue Melo, Westbrook etc. But none of those cats would I take over Kobe when it matters. Only KD & Lebron have earned THAT much respect ...

"He's still a top 5-60"

So you have a 100% error margin? lol

Hint: top 10 players don't fuck their team out of a playoff game by turning the ball over and heaving up 10 bricks in the 4th quarter.

ElNono
07-23-2012, 10:41 PM
Kobe's prime ended around that time but to say he does not have good years left is pretty asinine, tbh. I get the joy of trolling a bit more now, but no need to exaggerate. I guess Kobe set the bar pretty high.

If the bar is shooting 30% from downtown, going record-chasing and 2nd round exits, then the bar is pretty low by the standards he himself is trying to emulate...

Calispursfan11
07-24-2012, 12:41 AM
It will be Kobe until he is so broken down that he can't walk anymore. That guy will never take a back seat to anyone even as his skills are eroding.