PDA

View Full Version : Spurs interested in Bo McCalebb?

turkish spurs fan
07-22-2012, 11:51 AM
http://www.sportando.net/eng/usa/nba/41413/spurs-interested-in-bo-mccalebb.html

mccalebb is a great talent, a really good player. i am not sure if we need him or not but sources say we are interested.

http://s14.directupload.net/images/120722/af34o8fb.swf

timvp
07-22-2012, 12:13 PM
No way the Spurs are interested. They don't have the money and already have five possibilities at point guard.

Chomag
07-22-2012, 12:15 PM
Yet another undersized guard?

Spurs must be going for the record for smallest team ever otherwise what the hell is the FO thinking!

Honestly though if this is true and with the way the FO is hording guards there has got to be a trade in the works, at least in my mind.

suitedkings
07-22-2012, 12:24 PM
Pop taking small ball to another level.

MR-Clutch
07-22-2012, 12:52 PM
Neal replacement?

flipspursfan
07-22-2012, 01:00 PM
Looks like Kawhi's starting at C now.

turkish spurs fan
07-22-2012, 01:24 PM

dunkman
07-22-2012, 01:25 PM
Pop will try micro-ball next season tbh.

Duncan2177
07-22-2012, 01:25 PM
The spurs don't need another fucken guard they need a power forward. Unbelievable :bang

ace3g
07-22-2012, 01:36 PM
Doubt it is true (unless they have some trade set up) but the Spurs and Rockets are racking up a large # of guards and PFs

tesseractive
07-22-2012, 05:22 PM
Doubt it is true (unless they have some trade set up) but the Spurs and Rockets are racking up a large # of guards and PFs

That's the plan actually -- sign all the point guards, then trade 3 of them to Houston for 3 PFs. :lol

8FOR!3
07-22-2012, 05:40 PM
That's the plan actually -- sign all the point guards, then trade 3 of them to Houston for 3 PFs. :lol

lol I swear though, some of the members on this site should seriously consider becoming Rockets fans. They wouldn't get to celebrate half of our wins, but they'd be so happy with all the bigs :lol

ceperez
07-22-2012, 09:06 PM
5'10" This is getting ridiculous.

After signing Mills, Green and de Colo, the Spurs are still looking for more guards?!

Meanwhile, OKC is going the other way by signing two guys over 6'8".

What's going on here?

Wild Cobra Kai
07-22-2012, 09:08 PM

After signing Mills, Green and de Colo, the Spurs are still looking for more guards?!

What's going on here?

Take a pill. It's a foreign website, and likely just his agent trying to drum up some business.

8FOR!3
07-22-2012, 09:18 PM
Take a pill. It's a foreign website, and likely just his agent trying to drum up some business.

He IS retweeting it all over the place though, there might be some substance to it. Who knows.

Stump
07-22-2012, 09:23 PM
The rumor is now in RealGM.

The Spurs are interested in Bo McCalebb and have offered to buyout his contract with Montepaschi Siena, according to a report.

McCalebb, a 5-foot-10, 180 pound guard out of New Orleans, averaged 14.8 points on 58.6 percent shooting in 61 games with Siena last season.

McCalebb has an opt-out clause at the end of next season and is drawing interest from Fenerbahce Ulker and Unics Kazan.

SenorSpur
07-22-2012, 09:38 PM

What's going on here?

Yeah, why go after bigs when you can load up - even overload - on smalls? Even going so far as to take flyers on smalls that have a remote chance of sticking. If there is even a remote sliver of truth of their interest in this kid, it would indeed be ridiculous.

That said, it's unconscionable as to why the Spurs brass doesn't take the same flyers on some project bigs. If I didn't know better, I'd say it's really starting to appear as this organization has an unexplained aversion to size.

racm
07-22-2012, 09:45 PM
They're trying to trade for Houston's bigs. :lol

Wild Cobra Kai
07-22-2012, 10:11 PM
All sites pick up rumors. Doesn't make them true. :lol

Spurs151
07-22-2012, 10:15 PM
That's a first I'm hearing! That would make no sense at all to get another guard. They are LOADED with guards, it's a possible trade

Truth4sale$
07-22-2012, 10:38 PM
At this point, Popovich could run an all guard lineup with Nano Colon as the starting center.

Stabula
07-22-2012, 11:46 PM
Playing 5 guards at a time is basketball of the future. Pop knows how to think ahead.

spurspokesman
07-23-2012, 12:00 AM
Yet another undersized guard?

Spurs must be going for the record for smallest team ever otherwise what the hell is the FO thinking!

Honestly though if this is true and with the way the FO is hording guards there has got to be a trade in the works, at least in my mind.
This

Redshadows
07-23-2012, 12:00 AM
Pop's super small ball?

Redshadows
07-23-2012, 12:02 AM
Mr Donald Arvid Nelson to replace Jacque Vaughn?

Redshadows
07-23-2012, 12:03 AM
Parker, Miles, De Colo, Neal and McCalebb, the starting five?

mountainballer
07-23-2012, 04:25 AM
woule make some sense, if the Spurs wanted Mills and Bo McCalebb as their back up PGs, they trade CJ, b/c after this somehow promising summer league they found a taker and they trade Neal in this package as well.
De Colo they see as a pure SG, who takes the spot of neal.

Parker-McCalebb-Mills
Green-Manu-De Colo

looks good and should work pretty well.

but.........

no way McCalebb signs for the minimum (or whatever is left from the MLE).

well, some of the reported numbers in internet forums sound a lot like KBP numbers though......(4.7 million $ offer from a NBA team, 2.2 million Euro offer from Fenerbace etc.)

spursnatic
07-23-2012, 07:10 AM
He is actually 6 ft looks pretty good on youtube though and still young...Maybe will be a replacement for Cory Joseph?...They say he will have to be bought out of his contract before he can come to the SPURS....

dunkman
07-23-2012, 07:46 AM
If its true, I would say there is a chance Parker could be traded for a bigman, I guess Howard if he accepts to re-sign. The Spurs could absorb an bad contract, sending them Jack for example.

Parker, Jack, Splitter, Cory and Blair for Howard and Hedo

De Colo, McCalebb and Mills could do a decent job at PG, while the bigman rotation of Howard, Duncan, Diaw, Bonner and let's say K-Mart would be quite dominant.

De Colo / McCalebb / Mills
Green / Manu / Neal
Leonard / Hedo
Duncan / Diaw / Bonner
Howard / K-Mart

The Spurs would change from a perimeter oriented offensive team to a team with strong interior presence, both on offense and defense.

stxspurs
07-23-2012, 07:51 AM
Lololololol. Never happen!

Ice009
07-23-2012, 08:34 AM
There is NO WAY I am replacing Jackson with Hedo again. NO WAY.

NickiRasgo
07-23-2012, 09:00 AM
If its true, I would say there is a chance Parker could be traded for a bigman, I guess Howard if he accepts to re-sign. The Spurs could absorb an bad contract, sending them Jack for example.

De Colo, McCalebb and Mills could do a decent job at PG, while the bigman rotation of Howard, Duncan, Diaw, Bonner and let's say K-Mart would be quite dominant.

Green / Manu / Neal
Leonard / Hedo
Duncan / Diaw / Bonner
Howard / K-Mart

The Spurs would change from a perimeter oriented offensive team to a team with strong interior presence, both on offense and defense.

:lol

BG_Spurs_Fan
07-23-2012, 09:05 AM

Green / Manu / Neal
Leonard / Hedo
Duncan / Diaw / Bonner
Howard / K-Mart

Even in this outrageous scenario McCalebb would still have to sign for the min, which he won't.

mountainballer
07-23-2012, 09:24 AM
Even in this outrageous scenario McCalebb would still have to sign for the min, which he won't.

you just destroyed a total reasonable argumentation, that the interest in McCalebb is in fact an evidence for an upcoming Howard to Spurs trade. shame on you!

dunkman
07-23-2012, 09:37 AM
:lol

Josepatches_
07-23-2012, 12:09 PM
McCalebb >> De Colo
It's not going to happen but he would be a nice improve at PG. No doubt about it.
He would be a great backup PG. But he's not going to sign for the minimum. He gets more money in Europe.

benefactor
07-23-2012, 12:16 PM
Not happening...makes no sense. The Spurs have three true point guards under contract and another two combo guards. I didn't even bother clicking the links because it's just a ridiculous idea.

Stabula
07-23-2012, 12:25 PM
Not happening...makes no sense. I didn't even bother clicking the links because it's just a ridiculous idea.

ace3g
07-24-2012, 07:30 PM
Uğur Türker ‏@ugrturker

Fenerbahçe Bo McCalebb'in buyout'u için Siena ile de anlaşmaya vardı. Oyuncuya yakın kaynaklardan gelen haber, açıklama her an gelebilir.

--

Fenerbahce reached an agreement with Siena for buyout'u McCalebb'in Bo. News from sources close to the player, the description may at any time.

therealtruth
07-25-2012, 07:43 AM
Not happening...makes no sense. The Spurs have three true point guards under contract and another two combo guards. I didn't even bother clicking the links because it's just a ridiculous idea.

Bonner in the playoffs makes no sense but Pop keeps trying it.

Redshadows
07-25-2012, 08:38 AM
Uğur Türker ‏@ugrturker

Fenerbahçe Bo McCalebb'in buyout'u için Siena ile de anlaşmaya vardı. Oyuncuya yakın kaynaklardan gelen haber, açıklama her an gelebilir.

--

Fenerbahce reached an agreement with Siena for buyout'u McCalebb'in Bo. News from sources close to the player, the description may at any time.
Does it mean McCalebb is about to join the NBA?

I just don't understand the Spurs. They keep as many as six guards and they still have SJax and Leonard who could play the SG.

Is it Pop and RC who are afraid of injury during the Olympic?

Mel_13
07-25-2012, 08:42 AM
Does it mean McCalebb is about to join the NBA?

No, it means a Turkish club has agreed to pay the buyout asked by McCalebb's Italian club. As many have said, the rumor made no sense and McCalebb will stay overseas.

Redshadows
07-25-2012, 09:04 AM
No, it means a Turkish club has agreed to pay the buyout asked by McCalebb's Italian club. As many have said, the rumor made no sense and McCalebb will stay overseas.
Good.

racm
07-25-2012, 09:13 AM
Doesn't Fenerbahce feature James Gist and Romain Sato?

biziofromdowntown
07-25-2012, 03:21 PM
yes, at this time, but Gist is rumored to a loan