PDA

View Full Version : Fact or Fiction

ChrisRichards
07-22-2012, 12:28 PM
Jeremy Lin will start in the ASG

Kobe Bryant will have a career high in efficiency (PER/FG%/TS%)

Miami will repeat

Lebron will win his 4th MVP

Mavs will surprise people ( Top 3 team in the West)

TOSB Duncan hits a career low to a point of humiliation similar to Toronto Raptors Hakeem/Shaq Celtics

Bynum will not be a Laker before the trade deadline

NJ Nets will have a better record than NYK

Clips posts a better record than the Lakers

Bandon Roy breaks another leg...for good

Celtics wins East

pass1st
07-22-2012, 01:04 PM
False, realistically CP3 will still make the cut.

False, it'll improve because of Nash, but it probably won't be his prime numbers.

Likely true unless the younglings on OKC get much better this time around.

False, LBJ will probably deserve it, but Stern wants to hype up Durant who will be his new golden boy.

Probably, Dirk can still play if he wants. Mavs added some good pieces.

False, but he will have role player production.

Impossible to tell, he wants to be in LA but LA wants Dwight instead

True, somebody will probably get hurt and Lin won't be there to make miracles against fodder teams

False, Blake isn't that good and CP3 probably will get his share of injuries.

False, I think he's going to play good and make tlong cry in his sleep

F:lolse, unless their rookies play extremely good

DMC
07-22-2012, 01:08 PM
Jeremy Lin will start in the ASG: Fiction (I think he'll be injured)

Kobe Bryant will have a career high in efficiency (PER/FG%/TS%): Fiction, he cannot avoid shooting prayer shots and will still be the last ditch effort shooter.

Miami will repeat Fact

Lebron will win his 4th MVP Fact

Mavs will surprise people ( Top 3 team in the West) Fiction, too many new faces to be a force this season.

TOSB Duncan hits a career low to a point of humiliation similar to Toronto Raptors Hakeem/Shaq Celtics: Fiction, Pop won't let him play that many minutes, so minutes will be a scapegoat.

Bynum will not be a Laker before the trade deadline: Poorly worded.He's a Laker now and it's before the trade deadline.

NJ Nets will have a better record than NYK: Fiction:

Clips posts a better record than the Lakers: Fiction, this is Kobe's last ditch effort year and they will be neck and neck but the Clips will suffer due to injuries.

Bandon Roy breaks another leg...for good: Fiction

Celtics wins East: Fiction

ChrisRichards
07-22-2012, 01:30 PM
Nice. Feel free to add your own y'all. I like predictions and love revisiting the same thread a year fater for some ownage.

pass1st
07-22-2012, 01:34 PM
True or false

tlong will post 3+ articles a day and suddenly disappear a few months into the season when Blazers & Lillard suck?

Jodelo
07-22-2012, 01:36 PM
True or false

tlong will post 3+ articles a day and suddenly disappear a few months into the season when Blazers & Lillard suck?

True

Should keep your traditions. :toast

jeebus
07-22-2012, 02:11 PM
True or false

False. it won't be a few months into the season, it'll be by december.

DeadlyDynasty
07-22-2012, 02:40 PM
Even if Lin is injured he'll be voted in to the ASG, just like Yao was. Like DMC said, not sure if he'll be healthy enough to play though. If he is, it won't matter how bad his stats are.

pass1st
07-22-2012, 02:44 PM
Would be a kick to see CP3 or Westbrook coming off the bench for Lin

baseline bum
07-22-2012, 02:59 PM
Jeremy Lin will start in the ASG - FACT - Scrub ass Yi Jianlian came only 200,000 votes shy of Garnett for starting the 2009 ASG, and in fact beat the next in line, Pierce, by 600,000 votes. Unbelievable that it was that close when the Celtics were the defending champs and were having another dominant season. As popular as Paul is, it's not even close to what Garnett was at the time.

Kobe Bryant will have a career high in efficiency (PER/FG%/TS%) - FICTION - Nash is going to be taking the ball out of his hands too much.

Miami will repeat - FACT - The team was ridiculously stacked last year and now they're adding two shooters.

Lebron will win his 4th MVP - FICTION - Some feel-good story will win it since the media will get sick of giving it to LeBron the same way they were with Jordan.

Mavs will surprise people ( Top 3 team in the West) - FICTION - Right now the Spurs look deeper and better equipped to get the 3 seed behind OKC and LA and the Clippers look improved, but it wouldn't shock me to see the Spurs really fall off and the Clippers come back and have a similar season to last year.

TOSB Duncan hits a career low to a point of humiliation similar to Toronto Raptors Hakeem/Shaq Celtics - FICTION - He looked pretty good ending the season and I think he has another year or so before venturing into Hakeem in Toronto territory.

Bynum will not be a Laker before the trade deadline - FACT - I think he's gone to Houston with Howard in LA.

NJ Nets will have a better record than NYK - FICTION - CROFL frontline of Lopez+Kardashian.

Clips posts a better record than the Lakers - FICTION - No chance in hell.

Bandon Roy breaks another leg...for good - FICTION - His injury is meniscus, it's not fixable, and he'll struggle through a few half-seasons before it's too much and he leaves for good.

Celtics wins East - FICTION - No chance in hell.

Spurs da champs
07-22-2012, 03:12 PM
Kobe Bryant will have a career high in efficiency (PER/FG%/TS%) - FICTION - Nash is going to be taking the ball out of his hands too much.

I think that's his point.

tlongII
07-22-2012, 03:34 PM
True or false

Fiction. The Blazers will slip in the playoffs with #8 seed and continue their upward trajectory.

Clipper Nation
07-22-2012, 03:39 PM
Jeremy Lin will start in the ASG - FACT... it doesn't even matter if he's injured or not, injuries didn't stop China from voting Yao in....

Kobe Bryant will have a career high in efficiency (PER/FG%/TS%) - FICTION... I hope you meant a career low....

Miami will repeat - Too early to call....

Lebron will win his 4th MVP - FACT... he's LeClutch freaking James, tbh...

Mavs will surprise people ( Top 3 team in the West) - FICTION... they look to be more of a treadmill team at the moment....

TOSB Duncan hits a career low to a point of humiliation similar to Toronto Raptors Hakeem/Shaq Celtics - FICTION... he's not THAT old yet...

Bynum will not be a Laker before the trade deadline - Too early to call, but I could definitely see Bynum making it basically impossible for the Lakers to get Dwight, tbh....

NJ Nets will have a better record than NYK - FICTION... the Brooklyn Nets will have the better record though.....

Clips posts a better record than the Lakers - FACT... with a far worse, shallower team last year, the Clippers STILL probably would have taken the division last year if Chauncey didn't go down, tbh....

Bandon Roy breaks another leg...for good - FICTION... he's not in Portland anymore....

Celtics wins East - FICTION... :lmao:lmao:lmao

pass1st
07-22-2012, 03:45 PM
Fiction. The Blazers will slip in the playoffs with #8 seed and continue their upward trajectory.

:lmao

baseline bum
07-22-2012, 03:48 PM
I think that's his point.

Nash will chip into Kobe's assist numbers, thus bringing the PER down.

Fabbs
07-22-2012, 04:40 PM
Close but no cigar. Knee healed up, McHale knows how to coach him.

With Stern directing and Joey Crawford and co. playing the lead roles, who knows what the final episodes of "WWE Kobee" will entail.

Miami will repeat
I'll say yes today but still too much to play out as far as trades, injuries and Laker Scams returning. OKC should be better. Popovich will kill any Spurs chances.

Yep.

Yep.

TOSB Duncan hits a career low to a point of humiliation similar to Toronto Raptors Hakeem/Shaq Celtics
You're unfit to sniff his jock. Altho you will continue to try.

WGAF what the WWE has going.

Yes.

Naw. The rigging will kick in when needed for the WWE.

While spanking you.

Celtics wins East
Nope. They keep trying to milk has been Pierce.

DMC
07-22-2012, 06:03 PM
Jeremy Lin will start in the ASG - FACT... it doesn't even matter if he's injured or not, injuries didn't stop China from voting Yao in....

Kobe Bryant will have a career high in efficiency (PER/FG%/TS%) - FICTION... I hope you meant a career low....

Miami will repeat - Too early to call....

Lebron will win his 4th MVP - FACT... he's LeClutch freaking James, tbh...

Mavs will surprise people ( Top 3 team in the West) - FICTION... they look to be more of a treadmill team at the moment....

TOSB Duncan hits a career low to a point of humiliation similar to Toronto Raptors Hakeem/Shaq Celtics - FICTION... he's not THAT old yet...

Bynum will not be a Laker before the trade deadline - Too early to call, but I could definitely see Bynum making it basically impossible for the Lakers to get Dwight, tbh....

NJ Nets will have a better record than NYK - FICTION... the Brooklyn Nets will have the better record though.....

Clips posts a better record than the Lakers - FACT... with a far worse, shallower team last year, the Clippers STILL probably would have taken the division last year if Chauncey didn't go down, tbh....

Bandon Roy breaks another leg...for good - FICTION... he's not in Portland anymore....

Celtics wins East - FICTION... :lmao:lmao:lmao

If Lin is injured, he cannot start. He might be voted in as a starter, that doesn't mean he will start.

baseline bum
07-22-2012, 06:04 PM
If Lin is injured, he cannot start. He might be voted in as a starter, that doesn't mean he will start.

He could pull a Penny Hardaway and return for the ASG then go back on the DL.

DMC
07-22-2012, 06:07 PM
He won't. The way he plays, he's going to get leveled in the West.

ChrisRichards
07-22-2012, 06:17 PM
Jeremy Lin will start in the ASG- YES

Kobe Bryant will have a career high in efficiency (PER/FG%/TS%)- NO. I actually expect a higher FGA thus hurting his %

Miami will repeat- Duh

Lebron will win his 4th MVP-Yes

Mavs will surprise people ( Top 3 team in the West)-6th seeded Team at best

TOSB Duncan hits a career low to a point of humiliation similar to Toronto Raptors Hakeem/Shaq Celtics-Yes,

Bynum will not be a Laker after the trade deadline- Yes, at this point its inevitable. Lakers are actively shopping him.

NJ Nets will have a better record than NYK-Nope. I expect them to miss the playoffs without Dwight tbh.

Clips posts a better record than the Lakers-Yes. Clips has better talent, better bench.

Bandon Roy breaks another leg...for good-Yes, my prediction is before AS break.

Celtics wins East- Just for the lulz

My predictions

ChrisRichards
07-22-2012, 06:18 PM
He won't. The way he plays, he's going to get leveled in the West.
Doubt this Sir DMC. No one gives a crap about Houston tbh. They are lottery bound which means Lin will get his numbers *18ppg, 7.1 apg, 6 rpg, 45% FG, 3.4 TO/Gm

racm
07-22-2012, 06:36 PM
Doubt this Sir DMC. No one gives a crap about Houston tbh. They are lottery bound which means Lin will get his numbers *18ppg, 7.1 apg, 6 rpg, 45% FG, 3.4 TO/Gm

Lin has Jason Kidd-esque rebound numbers? What, their logjam of PFs can't box out? :lmao

DMC
07-22-2012, 07:26 PM

Has nothing to do with Houston's chances. It's about how Lin drives the lane. He's going to get destroyed by someone like Perkins.

mudyez
07-23-2012, 03:02 AM
Jeremy Lin will start in the ASG-fact

Kobe Bryant will have a career high in efficiency (PER/FG%/TS%)-fiction (why should he? he still is kobe)

Miami will repeat-fact

Lebron will win his 4th MVP-fiction (durant will win his first)

Mavs will surprise people ( Top 3 team in the West) - fiction (might be top5 but even that might be a stretch)

TOSB Duncan hits a career low to a point of humiliation similar to Toronto Raptors Hakeem/Shaq Celtics - fiction (at that point he will be retired)

Bynum will not be a Laker before the trade deadline - fiction (tough one but LA doesn't like D12's back and diva antics to finally take a chance on him)

NJ Nets will have a better record than NYK - fiction (not a big fan of the Knicks right now, but I'd take Melo+Chandler over Williams+JJ any day)

Clips posts a better record than the Lakers - fiction (could be close but I'd take LAK -2 right now)

Bandon Roy breaks another leg...for good - fiction (probably will be his back this time)

Celtics wins East - fiction (see "Miami will repeat")

Kai
07-23-2012, 03:20 AM
True

False

Miami will repeat
True

True

False

False

False - Dwight will be in Houston

True

False

False

Celtics wins East
False

LkrFan
07-23-2012, 05:07 AM
Lin has Jason Kidd-esque rebound numbers? What, their logjam of PFs can't box out? :lmao

http://i.imgur.com/nYe3o.jpg

Great sig son! :rollin:lmao:rollin