PDA

View Full Version : Fast food

Lincoln
07-23-2012, 03:57 PM
So this morning in my psychology class, we read an article about how many people nowadays are getting addicted to fast food. Is this even possible? I know you can get addicted to anything and teach yourself habits but some of these dudes were eating fast food like 3 times a day, 5 days a week.

So my question is are any of y'all addicted and how many times a week do you eat it?

Edward
07-23-2012, 04:18 PM
Yes, I think it's possible. It's something you can't label an "addiction" as easily as you can smoking or drinking because you need some kind of food to survive, but when I was a huge porker, fast food was something I would legitimately crave if I went a certain amount of time without it. If someone wants to troll me about the following I really don't give a shit because I lost the weight :lol, but I had days where I had fast food 3 times, all of them being when I'd order a good amount.

Edward
double post

Edward
triple post

johnsmith
07-23-2012, 04:22 PM
The elusive triple post.

Lincoln
07-23-2012, 04:24 PM
At one point I'd eat it like 3 maybe 4 times a week max because my work schedule was 35 minutes after I got out of class and It was just so convenient. Now I prob get it 1-2 times a week usually just as a late night snack or something to eat before work.

I've started lifting again recently though and since my metabolism is a lot higher, I'm always hungry now and I've been tempted

cantthinkofanything
07-23-2012, 04:24 PM
The elusive triple post.

I triple posted your mom the other night.

Lincoln
07-23-2012, 04:25 PM
The bads^

cantthinkofanything
07-23-2012, 04:26 PM
The bads^

what about the Lincoln Logs joke?

johnsmith
07-23-2012, 04:27 PM
I triple posted your mom the other night.

Yep, she's a real whore that one.

Edward
07-23-2012, 04:27 PM
At one point I'd eat it like 3 maybe 4 times a week max because my work schedule was 35 minutes after I got out of class and It was just so convenient. Now I prob get it 1-2 times a week usually just as a late night snack or something to eat before work.

I've started lifting again recently though and since my metabolism is a lot higher, I'm always hungry now and I've been tempted
Yeah now when I do eat fast food it's the convenience more than anything. I try to keep my house stocked with frozen food so when I'm lazy/tired/whatever I don't get fast food.

Idk how filthy rich people are fat at all. If someone has the money for a chef and personal trainer, staying in shape should be easy as hell imo.

Lincoln
07-23-2012, 04:30 PM
what about the Lincoln Logs joke?

It was better, tbh. Just a lil random

cantthinkofanything
07-23-2012, 04:36 PM
Yep, she's a real whore that one.

how dare you

Reck
07-23-2012, 04:44 PM
If you're eating Mcdonalds up to 2 times a day every day, you certainly are addicted to it.

mavs>spurs
07-23-2012, 04:55 PM
people can get addicted to anything tbh, but a fast food addiction is at least associated with something normal (eating)

i don't understand what goes through the people's mind who decide to pick up a cigarette and put it in their mouth and get addicted to that. Darwinism tbh.

Lincoln
07-23-2012, 05:00 PM
Yeah I've tried cigs before and it wasn't anything special...the small buzz you get ain't worth all the health problems associated wit it

Edward
07-23-2012, 05:01 PM
people can get addicted to anything tbh, but a fast food addiction is at least associated with something normal (eating)

i don't understand what goes through the people's mind who decide to pick up a cigarette and put it in their mouth and get addicted to that. Darwinism tbh.
:lol m>s, goin HAM on Big Ghaz

dirk4mvp
07-23-2012, 05:10 PM
You can't achieve sick kunt status by stuffing your body with that shit. Any protein that may be in it is negated by how awful everything else in it is.

Lincoln
07-23-2012, 05:15 PM
You can't achieve sick kunt status by stuffing your body with that shit. Any protein that may be in it is negated by how awful everything else in it is.

Exactly tbh...there will be like 25 grams of protein which is good but there is also a shit load of fats and carbs

jack sommerset
07-23-2012, 05:22 PM
I eat fast food about twice week. I don't like it but if I'm running around ill get a subway or chick filet. I stopped eating McDonald's, brugerking, Wendy's, some of the big boys this year. God bless

Reck
07-23-2012, 05:54 PM
I eat fast food about twice week. I don't like it but if I'm running around ill get a subway or chick filet. I stopped eating McDonald's, brugerking, Wendy's, some of the big boys this year. God bless

Subway sandwiches are actually good for you though. Keep on eating those.

baseline bum
07-23-2012, 06:23 PM
subway sandwiches are actually good for you though. Keep on eating those.

Fuck subway son

5DUOASX6SIM

Edward
07-23-2012, 06:30 PM
Subway sandwiches are good for you if you get the healthy ones.

Subway has plenty of menu items (Spicy Italian, Cheese Steak, anything you decide to put chipotle sauce on) just as unhealthy as McDonalds or standard fast food.

DPG21920
07-23-2012, 06:34 PM
Fast food doesn't mean you have to eat poorly. I never quite understood why people can't just choose things that aren't nearly as bad for you when you eat fast food.

mavs>spurs
07-23-2012, 06:45 PM
Crofl subway isn't good for you at all. Processed genetically modified wheat bun which is high on the glycemic index, processed cheese and condiments, and processes meats filled with cancer causing nitrates and nitrites.

Edward
07-23-2012, 06:47 PM
Crofl subway isn't good for you at all. Processed genetically modified wheat bun which is high on the glycemic index, processed cheese and condiments, and processes meats filled with cancer causing nitrates and nitrites.
Subway bread is gross tbh, and yeah it's obvious how heavily processed their food is.

mavs>spurs
07-23-2012, 06:49 PM
I forgot to finish that post though it's still a lot better than most fast food places though, it won't kill you as quickly lol

jeebus
07-23-2012, 07:12 PM
I forgot to finish that post though it's still a lot better than most fast food places though, it won't kill you as quickly lol

:cry but what about Jared? :cry He used to be a tubby then he went on the subway diet!

Latarian Milton
07-23-2012, 07:27 PM
bread is safe to eat anywhere, it's always the condiments or sauces that contain harmful chemical stuffs imho

DeadlyDynasty
07-23-2012, 07:35 PM
Fast food doesn't mean you have to eat poorly. I never quite understood why people can't just choose things that aren't nearly as bad for you when you eat fast food.
b/c the majority of people who eat fast food go there b/c they have a hankering for shitty food. Taco Bell is the only FF I ever get a craving for--and that's about 2x/month--but when i go there I want a shitload of bad food that tastes great

Clipper Nation
07-23-2012, 07:36 PM

Subway is also fucking gross, Quiznos and Jimmy Johns are better....

DeadlyDynasty
07-23-2012, 07:37 PM
Used to love Jimmy Johns when I lived in Pittsburgh.:tu

Reck
07-23-2012, 08:31 PM

Whoever made Quiznos should be sued for attempting to mimic what Subway and Blimpie had been doing for years.

Blimpie, now that's not saying alot either.

baseline bum
07-23-2012, 09:00 PM
Whoever made Quiznos should be sued for attempting to mimic what Subway and Blimpie had been doing for years.

Blimpie, now that's not saying alot either.

Sue someone for making sandwiches?

Reck
07-23-2012, 09:15 PM
Sue someone for making sandwiches?

I was being sarcastic.

InRareForm
07-23-2012, 10:06 PM
Quiznos is weak. Good but small ass sandwich for 6-7 bucks, no thanks.

Fpoonsie
07-23-2012, 10:26 PM
All the Quiznos are closing here in Denton. Not sure what's goin on.

We DID just get a Jersey Mike's, though.

DPG21920
07-23-2012, 10:42 PM
Great Outdoors is where it's at IMO.

leemajors
07-23-2012, 10:54 PM
I have been frequenting the Noble Pig off 620 in Austin area, the beef tongue is amazing.

Fpoonsie
07-23-2012, 10:55 PM
Great Outdoors is where it's at IMO.

Agreed. John Candy=GOAT.

DPG21920
07-23-2012, 11:08 PM
b/c the majority of people who eat fast food go there b/c they have a hankering for shitty food. Taco Bell is the only FF I ever get a craving for--and that's about 2x/month--but when i go there I want a shitload of bad food that tastes great

Maybe - most on here say they do it because it's a time issue usually. If that is the case - just choose the healthiest thing you can and make the best of the situation.

Eating poorly one meal a weak won't kill you either so nothing to fret over if you do.

dirk4mvp
07-24-2012, 12:36 AM
Jimmy Johns is good but the gargantuan sandwich is worse for you than anything you'll get from McDonalds or Burger King.

jag
07-24-2012, 06:37 AM

err absolutely not

Grains in general, are the bads. Aside from doing a serious number on your insulin responses in the body, they're really just cheap "sugar" calories that go straight to fat storage. Basically, the carbs you get from one subway sandwich is more than needed for an entire day. Unless you're an athlete, you'll rarely use more than about 50g of daily carbs.

So if by "good for you" you mean they make you look soft and pudgy, while fucking with your blood sugar, then yes, those sandwiches are good for you.

bus driver
07-24-2012, 08:31 AM
am addicted to Whataburger......damn its good

Frank Dux
07-24-2012, 10:23 AM
Seven months sober from fast food. Quit cold turkey this year. I have no craving for it anymore.

Blake
07-24-2012, 10:23 AM
Checked out 5 Guys Burgers the other day.

Good, not great; no TVs and no atmosphere.

Meh. Probably won't go back.

bus driver
07-24-2012, 12:48 PM

5 guys is not fast food; it is semi fast food. (i guess) :wakeup

i think it is better than freddies burgers (or whatever it is called)

Blake
07-24-2012, 02:39 PM
5 guys is not fast food; it is semi fast food. (i guess) :wakeup

i think it is better than freddies burgers (or whatever it is called)

it doesn't have a drive thru, but it's as much fast food as whataburger is

cantthinkofanything
07-24-2012, 02:40 PM
it doesn't have a drive thru, but it's as much fast food as whataburger is

Whataburger isn't true fast food either

Lincoln
07-24-2012, 02:41 PM
How is whataburger not fast food?

Lincoln
07-24-2012, 02:41 PM
Would steak n shake be considered fast food or just a diner?

cantthinkofanything
07-24-2012, 02:57 PM
How is whataburger not fast food?

Higher quality, not pre-made already cooked, etc.

I don't think it has that same addictive quality that's being discussed in here, like McDonalds, Taco Bell, etc.

Blake
07-24-2012, 03:11 PM
Whataburger isn't true fast food either

If the food comes out fast in a wrapper, box, bucket or bag, it's fast food, tbh.

dirk4mvp
07-24-2012, 03:13 PM
lol cantthinkofanything justifying his fatness. look at him go.

cantthinkofanything
07-24-2012, 03:14 PM
If the food comes out fast in a wrapper, box, bucket or bag, it's fast food, tbh.

yeah...but I don't think it's what the OP was referring to.
to me, there's a big difference between McDonalds/Taco Bell and Whataburger/Taco Cabana.

cantthinkofanything
07-24-2012, 03:15 PM
lol cantthinkofanything justifying his fatness. look at him go.

:lol GFY

If you haven't guessed, I really like Whataburger.

mavs>spurs
07-24-2012, 03:18 PM

lol going to fast food restaurants for the "atmosphere."

I guess since you love mcdonalds so much, does that make you a pedo? that children's play pen is great "atmosphere" for a pedo brah

Lincoln
07-24-2012, 03:24 PM
Yeah whataburger is pretty good especially their chicken but I would consider it fast food. Have to eat that type of shit in moderation

ChumpDumper
07-24-2012, 03:28 PM
I like Whataburger as well. Probably best there isn't one of those or a P. Terry's too close to me.

mavs>spurs
07-24-2012, 03:34 PM
whataburger used to be alright until i had to eat it with the team after every single away game for 4 years

i can still eat the fries, but to this day the thought of whataburger makes me want to puke

Blake
07-24-2012, 03:43 PM
lol going to fast food restaurants for the "atmosphere."

I go to burger or wing joints for the atmosphere. I'm betting I'm not alone on that.

I guess since you love mcdonalds so much, does that make you a pedo? that children's play pen is great "atmosphere" for a pedo brah

those quotes gave it that little extra zing. :tu

cantthinkofanything
07-24-2012, 03:45 PM
I go to burger or wing joints for the atmosphere.

LOL at the jump from Buffalo Wild Wings to Five Guys.

Blake
07-24-2012, 03:49 PM
LOL at the jump from Buffalo Wild Wings to Five Guys.

I didn't know what 5 guys was. It was in a strip center, so I thought it was similar to Fuddruckers.

Now that I know, as I said before, I'm probably not going back....unless I get it to go.

This debate about what fast food is is captivating.

DPG21920
07-24-2012, 03:50 PM
I like Whataburger as well. Probably best there isn't one of those or a P. Terry's too close to me.

Is P.Terry's good? There is one very close to me.

Edward
07-24-2012, 03:55 PM
5 guys is the most overrated Burger out there.

Regarding fast food, I've gone the whole summer without it and I'm gonna try to eat it sparingly during the school year. I've lost weight without exercising THAT much, my skin is a lot healthier, and I have more energy. It's easier said than done, but burger and fries should not be a meal you eat more than on rare occassion.

DisAsTerBot
07-24-2012, 04:03 PM
Is P.Terry's good? There is one very close to me.

it's pretty good. If you want a badass burger in Austin, go to the counter cafe. you can thank me later

ChumpDumper
07-24-2012, 04:05 PM
Is P.Terry's good? There is one very close to me.Quite good. I don't know what the fuss is about getting an In n Out when we have P. Terry's and to a lesser extent Whataburger in town.

P. Terry's has a few more options than In n Out including a decent veggie burger. Too bad there's only one north of the river.

ChumpDumper
07-24-2012, 04:07 PM
it's pretty good. If you want a badass burger in Austin, go to the counter cafe. you can thank me laterOr Hut's, but we're getting away from fast food here.

DPG21920
07-24-2012, 04:22 PM
Hut's is right next to me too. Same with HopDoddy.

mavs>spurs
07-24-2012, 04:40 PM
I've heard that poor nutrition stunts your growth I wouldn't eat too much fast food guys.

ChumpDumper
07-24-2012, 04:48 PM
I'm done growing (heightwise anyway).

Clipper Nation
07-24-2012, 04:48 PM

Five Guys is good, but The Varsity is still the best burger joint in the nation, tbh.....

dirk4mvp
07-24-2012, 04:49 PM
I've heard that poor nutrition stunts your growth I wouldn't eat too much fast food guys.

I also heard it turns you into a fatshit.

DPG21920
07-24-2012, 04:52 PM
I am just not a fast food guy - don't like eating it and makes you feel awful in general. Every once and a while having a good burger is not big deal, but I don't see how people can eat fast food all the time. Or at least if you get stuck, choose the best thing you can vs just eating the crappiest thing on the menu.

mavs>spurs
07-24-2012, 04:54 PM
I eat fast food once every 1-2 months. had wingstop a few days ago coincidentally, i might be like really short or something if i ate it all growing up since i'm not that tall as is. not sure if any other posters can tell us more about that.

ChumpDumper
07-24-2012, 04:59 PM
I eat fast food once every 1-2 months. had wingstop a few days ago coincidentally, i might be like really short or something if i ate it all growing up since i'm not that tall as is. not sure if any other posters can tell us more about that.I ate a fairly even mix of home cooked meals and fast/junk food growing up.

I'm not short, and the same height as my father and grandad who grew up on farms.

DPG21920
07-24-2012, 05:00 PM
It's also one of those things where if you are in college and incapable of working you eat fast food because you are broke and it's cheap.

Drachen
07-24-2012, 05:05 PM
It's also one of those things where if you are in college and incapable of working you eat fast food because you are broke and it's cheap.

I remember when McDonalds had 39 cent cheeseburger mondays (limit 10) and 29 cent hamburger wednesdays (limit 10). Those days helped me get through the rest of the week.

mavs>spurs
07-24-2012, 05:05 PM
yeah but if your mother actually loves you and you have family that cares, you get homecooked meals and hooked up with quality jobs upon graduation.

sucks for those guys who don't have that luxury imho, i could see where college students probably eat a lot of fast food and end up really short like 5'6 or something.

mavs>spurs
07-24-2012, 05:07 PM
I ate a fairly even mix of home cooked meals and fast/junk food growing up.

I'm not short, and the same height as my father and grandad who grew up on farms.

how tall is not short? if you're staying the same, you're going backwards because people are getting taller. all my uncles and grandpa on my dads side are 6'1-6'4, i didn't surpass or even quite catch any of them because my mom is short :cry

cantthinkofanything
07-24-2012, 05:07 PM
I eat fast food once every 1-2 months. had wingstop a few days ago coincidentally, i might be like really short or something if i ate it all growing up since i'm not that tall as is. not sure if any other posters can tell us more about that.

yes, this has been proven. Yao Ming credits his ginormosity to not eating fast food while growing up.

and on the other side, most dwarfs and midgets grew up in families where they routinely ate fast food several times a week.

mavs>spurs
07-24-2012, 05:09 PM
yes, this has been proven. Yao Ming credits his ginormosity to not eating fast food while growing up.

and on the other side, most dwarfs and midgets grew up in families where they routinely ate fast food several times a week.

it would explain why some of the shorter members of this site seem to be so concerned about money and placing internet bets as well as riding other posters whom they think are "poor." growing up poor and eating fast food would make money a much bigger deal later in life imho.

DPG21920
07-24-2012, 05:10 PM
I think why I never got into fast food is because my mom and dad both loved to cook and we spent quality family time. So I could never get into fast food and it taught me work ethic so when I got to school I knew I could stand on my own two feet and make my family proud.

I think it's what led me to pursue more than just a basic degree and large reason I have found some pretty good success at a young age outside of college. Plus, because of that work ethic and upbringing I left college without a lot of debt and the ability to cook healthy meals :tu

ChumpDumper
07-24-2012, 05:10 PM
how tall is not short? if you're staying the same, you're going backwards because people are getting taller. all my uncles and grandpa on my dads side are 6'1-6'4, i didn't surpass or even quite catch any of them because my mom is short :cryI'm 6"1 -- which is actually slightly taller than those two.

lol going backwards

mavs>spurs
07-24-2012, 05:11 PM
mouse is living proof of my theory. mouse is the poorest poster on spurstalk and also happens to be the shortest. coincidence? icantthinkofany reason why it would be.

ChumpDumper
07-24-2012, 05:11 PM
And in college, it was cheaper to prepare my own food than anything considering the ridiculous volume I had to consume back then.

DPG21920
07-24-2012, 05:12 PM
It's strange some of the excuses certain posters use in all aspects of their life as it pertains to making poor decisions. "I eat poorly because I don't know how to cook" or "You can't work when you are in college". It's just about being a good person, making smart decisions and learning to stand on your own two feet IMO.

I can see why people it fast food, just was not for me and most places now at least have some "healthier" options.

DPG21920
07-24-2012, 05:13 PM
And in college, it was cheaper to prepare my own food than anything considering the ridiculous volume I had to consume back then.

Plus, it's a good skill to have later in life because it's fun to cook for loved ones or friends when you are entertaining.

mavs>spurs
07-24-2012, 05:13 PM
I think why I never got into fast food is because my mom and dad both loved to cook and we spent quality family time. So I could never get into fast food and it taught me work ethic so when I got to school I knew I could stand on my own two feet and make my family proud.

I think it's what led me to pursue more than just a basic degree and large reason I have found some pretty good success at a young age outside of college. Plus, because of that work ethic and upbringing I left college without a lot of debt and the ability to cook healthy meals :tu

Yes I can personally vouche for this. My mom cooked homecooked meals growing up and the extra nutrition aided my brain development, it's probably why i was speaking at 9 months of age and am about to graduate with a 3.9+ gpa. it also probably says something about my family that i also have other rich relatives with connections who are able to aid me in getting a superior job than the average graduate here in a couple of weeks. Family is really important and as the family unit seems to be going extinct here in the US, I can't stress this importance enough.

mavs>spurs
07-24-2012, 05:15 PM
learning to cook is also overrated though, especially whenever you are smart and your family has money so you can just attract a woman who knows how to cook for you. everyone has their own reasons for not eating fast food, but any reason is a good one. i feel sorry for any man who has to cook for himself though.

ChumpDumper
07-24-2012, 05:15 PM
Wendy's used to have an all-you-can-eat salad bar. My brother and I would just graze there for a couple of hours. That was worth it.

cantthinkofanything
07-24-2012, 05:16 PM
it would explain why some of the shorter members of this site seem to be so concerned about money and placing internet bets as well as riding other posters whom they think are "poor." growing up poor and eating fast food would make money a much bigger deal later in life imho.

it's a lot to process but seems reasonable enough

In general, people need to be happy with their lot in life...rich, poor, short, tall, white, black, etc.

You can't change what you are so learn to accept it. The world needs short poor white people as much as it needs tall rich black people. Maybe even more so.

Do not seek to bring things to pass in accordance with your wishes, but wish for them as they are, and you will find them.

ChumpDumper
learning to cook is also overrated though, especially whenever you are smart and your family has money so you can just attract a woman who knows how to cook for you. everyone has their own reasons for not eating fast food, but any reason is a good one. i feel sorry for any man who has to cook for himself though.Is mommy still cooking for you?

DPG21920
No bs - I remember being like 8 years old and getting pissed at my mom "all my other friends just get to eat pizza, why do we have to have a cooked meal and family dinner every night?!" :lol

So stupid looking back. Plus, when you eat decently cooked meals you learn later in life to appreciate some really good food. I definitely like food so going out to eat at a good place is much more enjoyable than just going to a crappy place.

DPG21920
07-24-2012, 05:18 PM
Learning to cook is awesome. It's even more enjoyable when you can find a good woman who respects you because you don't expect her to do all the cooking and you can do some pretty special things.

Even down the road, when you have kids, nothing cooler than a dad that can cook a great meal for his family and bring home the reduced fat bacon IMO.

Lincoln
Never heard of fast food stunting growth although I have seen some fatasses my age that are like 5'5. Growing up I would mainly eat home cooked meals and the only time I got fast food is if we were running somewhere or if I was with a group of friends who wanted a cheap meal.

I'm 5'8 so I'm pretty short but that might be a genetic thing. Dads 5'9 and mom is 5'2

johnsmith
learning to cook is also overrated though, especially whenever you are smart and your family has money so you can just attract a woman who knows how to cook for you. everyone has their own reasons for not eating fast food, but any reason is a good one. i feel sorry for any man who has to cook for himself though.

Disagree. I had a kick ass family, Dad worked, Mom took care of me and my brothers....I do all the cooking at my house....I'm a wonderful cook and I really enjoy it.

mavs>spurs
07-24-2012, 05:19 PM
Is mommy still cooking for you?

sometimes, although usually i just eat at other people's houses and have chicks do it for me. i keep my cooking to a minimum by cooking up a few chicken breasts for the week on sunday so i have something healthy for lunch. i can cook simple stuff like that, which to me is better than fast food anything. i also recently cut out almost all sugar, feels great.

DPG21920
07-24-2012, 05:19 PM
Ya - that was a pretty silly statement for someone seemingly looking to live in the 1950's still. If you can't find enjoyment in it fine, but knocking people for something like that just seems wrong IMO.

mavs>spurs
07-24-2012, 05:20 PM
Learning to cook is awesome. It's even more enjoyable when you can find a good woman who respects you because you don't expect her to do all the cooking and you can do some pretty special things.

Even down the road, when you have kids, nothing cooler than a dad that can cook a great meal for his family and bring home the reduced fat bacon IMO.

not everyone wants to get married and have kids though, some might consider that a sucker's paradise especially rich businessmen who simply don't have enough time to cook and work around the clock.

CuckingFunt
07-24-2012, 05:21 PM
how tall is not short? if you're staying the same, you're going backwards because people are getting taller. all my uncles and grandpa on my dads side are 6'1-6'4, i didn't surpass or even quite catch any of them because my mom is short :cry

I don't e-date guys that are my same height.

Guess that means we're e-over.

mavs>spurs
07-24-2012, 05:22 PM

Guys I'd like everyone to meet my new e-gf, CF. I'm like an inch taller than her but she still loves me and cooks for me anyway.

ChumpDumper

Guess that means we're e-over.It took me awhile to think that one up and change screen names.

jag
I also heard it turns you into a fatshit.

Yeah, I heard that too.

johnsmith
Ya - that was a pretty silly statement for someone seemingly looking to live in the 1950's still. If you can't find enjoyment in it fine, but knocking people for something like that just seems wrong IMO.

I'm fairly certain ms has never been wrong in his life, just ask him.

Although, I cant say I was any different at his age......he'll grow out of it and think the same thing about younger guys eventually.

DPG21920
not everyone wants to get married and have kids though, some might consider that a sucker's paradise especially rich businessmen who simply don't have enough time to cook and work around the clock.

Sure - but why the emphasis on money? Seems like you are filling a void from something else and seems shallow. Marriage isn't the point - you can be in love, enjoy life and have kids without the institution of marriage.

Point its wierd when people just knock others or look down on them.

DPG21920
07-24-2012, 05:23 PM

Well, good thing I am shorter than you so there is still a chance.

CuckingFunt
07-24-2012, 05:26 PM
No bs - I remember being like 8 years old and getting pissed at my mom "all my other friends just get to eat pizza, why do we have to have a cooked meal and family dinner every night?!" :lol

I used to beg my mom, BEG, to buy me boxes of Kraft Macaroni & Cheese instead of always making it from scratch.

jag
07-24-2012, 05:27 PM
and lol at the subtle, not-so-subtle, back and forth goods going on between DPG and M>S

mavs>spurs
07-24-2012, 05:27 PM
my e-gf CF sent me this via pm last night, it was pretty good.

http://www.kraftrecipes.com/assets/recipe_images/Better-Than-Ever-Cheesy-Meat-Lasagna-47437.jpg

there's not much in the way of italian fast food outside of pizza so i'm thankful to have her, especially since i'm still growing like .25 inches a year. wouldn't want fast food to mess that up, not to make any posters here jealous or anything.

Lincoln
07-24-2012, 05:31 PM
Damn, lasagna sounds good right now...

jag
07-24-2012, 05:32 PM
Damn, lasagna sounds good right now...

Don't do it, brah. You don't need those calories.

DPG21920
07-24-2012, 05:32 PM
I used to beg my mom, BEG, to buy me boxes of Kraft Macaroni & Cheese instead of always making it from scratch.

Haha, so weird how we looked at things as kids.

mavs>spurs
07-24-2012, 05:34 PM
he's a growing boy, he can use the extra calories. italian is like the best food of all time. he can go on calorie watch once he's done growing at an age of like 28 or so and has his MBA. i'm mentoring the young scro well so he will graduate from a top school rather than getting his from a 3rd tier school like a UTD or such.

jag
07-24-2012, 05:36 PM
:lol

DPG21920
07-24-2012, 05:39 PM
Nah, eating that is just as bad as fast food and shows a lack of intelligence. Those are the type of people without advanced degrees or jobs that end up having to ask for real life advice from people with degrees from schools like UT:lol

DPG21920
07-24-2012, 05:40 PM
Also, unless you are really athletic (to the point where you can play beyond high school and play NCAA sports) you shouldn't eat like that. I mean, guys who suck at sports and have to do things as unathletic as outsmarting a fish shouldn't eat poorly IMO.

Lincoln
07-24-2012, 05:50 PM
Haha I just haven't had lasagna in forever+the fact I'm hungry right now at work. That picture literally made me crave lasagna

mavs>spurs
07-24-2012, 05:51 PM
If you think about it though, we're all just blessed to have food on our plates to begin with and we can't all be so picky about what we eat. I'm especially blessed that I had caring parents who cooked proper meals for me growing up and taught me the value of an education. Really blessed that my priorities are in order so that I'll be choosing the school to complete my graduate studies based on quality of the program rather than going to the only school that will allow me to play on a sports team for them. Such sound decisions portray responsibility and smarts that only someone with a truly bright future would have at this age. Wharton will look so much better than a 3rd tier school on my resume. I'm even more blessed that my home cooked meals allowed me to grow to a normal height where I could be a solid basketball player and beat 99% of the posters on spurstalk. No complaints here tbh.

DPG21920
07-24-2012, 05:52 PM
Unless you do athletic stuff, you better avoid foods like above. For example - here is a list of pretty much every athletic/physical thing you can do - so if you don't do something on this list because you are not athletic enough or too large you should avoid eating the foods above:

Activity, Exercise or Sport (1 hour)
130 lb
155 lb
180 lb
205 lb
Cycling, mountain bike, bmx
Cycling, <10 mph, leisure bicycling
Cycling, >20 mph, racing
Cycling, 10-11.9 mph, light
Cycling, 12-13.9 mph, moderate
Cycling, 14-15.9 mph, vigorous
Cycling, 16-19 mph, very fast, racing
Unicycling
Stationary cycling, very light
Stationary cycling, light
Stationary cycling, moderate
Stationary cycling, vigorous
Stationary cycling, very vigorous
Calisthenics, vigorous, pushups, situps…
Calisthenics, light
Circuit training, minimal rest
Weight lifting, body building, vigorous
Weight lifting, light workout
Health club exercise
Stair machine
Rowing machine, light
Rowing machine, moderate
Rowing machine, vigorous
Rowing machine, very vigorous
Ski machine
Aerobics, low impact
Aerobics, high impact
Aerobics, step aerobics
Aerobics, general
Jazzercise
Stretching, hatha yoga
Mild stretching
Instructing aerobic class
Water aerobics
Ballet, twist, jazz, tap
Ballroom dancing, slow
Ballroom dancing, fast
Running, 5 mph (12 minute mile)
Running, 5.2 mph (11.5 minute mile)
Running, 6 mph (10 min mile)
Running, 6.7 mph (9 min mile)
Running, 7 mph (8.5 min mile)
Running, 7.5mph (8 min mile)
Running, 8 mph (7.5 min mile)
Running, 8.6 mph (7 min mile)
Running, 9 mph (6.5 min mile)
Running, 10 mph (6 min mile)
Running, 10.9 mph (5.5 min mile)
Running, cross country
Running, general
Running, on a track, team practice
Running, stairs, up
Track and field (shot, discus)
Track and field (high jump, pole vault)
Track and field (hurdles)
Archery
Badminton
Basketball game, competitive
Playing basketball, non game
Basketball, officiating
Basketball, shooting baskets
Basketball, wheelchair
Running, training, pushing wheelchair
Billiards
Bowling
Boxing, in ring
Boxing, punching bag
Boxing, sparring
Coaching: football, basketball, soccer…
Cricket (batting, bowling)
Croquet
Curling
Darts (wall or lawn)
Fencing
Football, competitive
Football, touch, flag, general
Football or baseball, playing catch
Frisbee playing, general
Frisbee, ultimate frisbee
Golf, general
Golf, walking and carrying clubs
Golf, driving range
Golf, miniature golf
Golf, walking and pulling clubs
Golf, using power cart
Gymnastics
Hacky sack
Handball
Handball, team
Hockey, field hockey
Hockey, ice hockey
Riding a horse, general
Horesback riding, saddling horse
Horseback riding, grooming horse
Horseback riding, trotting
Horseback riding, walking
Horse racing, galloping
Horse grooming, moderate
Horseshoe pitching
Jai alai
Martial arts, judo, karate, jujitsu
Martial arts, kick boxing
Martial arts, tae kwan do
Krav maga training
Juggling
Kickball
Lacrosse
Orienteering
Playing paddleball
Paddleball, competitive
Polo
Racquetball, competitive
Playing racquetball
Rock climbing, ascending rock
Rock climbing, rappelling
Jumping rope, fast
Jumping rope, moderate
Jumping rope, slow
Rugby
Shuffleboard, lawn bowling
Skateboarding
Roller skating
Roller blading, in-line skating
Sky diving
Soccer, competitive
Playing soccer
Softball or baseball
Softball, officiating
Softball, pitching
Squash
Table tennis, ping pong
Tai chi
Playing tennis
Tennis, doubles
Tennis, singles
Trampoline
Volleyball, competitive
Playing volleyball
Volleyball, beach
Wrestling
Wallyball
Backpacking, Hiking with pack
Carrying infant, level ground
Carrying infant, upstairs
Carrying 16 to 24 lbs, upstairs
Carrying 25 to 49 lbs, upstairs
Standing, playing with children, light
Walk/run, playing with children, moderate
Walk/run, playing with children, vigorous
Carrying small children
Loading, unloading car
Climbing hills, carrying up to 9 lbs
Climbing hills, carrying 10 to 20 lb
Climbing hills, carrying 21 to 42 lb
Climbing hills, carrying over 42 lb
Walking downstairs
Hiking, cross country
Bird watching
Marching, rapidly, military
Children's games, hopscotch, dodgeball
Pushing stroller or walking with children
Pushing a wheelchair
Race walking
Rock climbing, mountain climbing
Walking using crutches
Walking the dog
Walking, under 2.0 mph, very slow
Walking 2.0 mph, slow
Walking 2.5 mph
Walking 3.0 mph, moderate
Walking 3.5 mph, brisk pace
Walking 3.5 mph, uphill
Walking 4.0 mph, very brisk
Walking 4.5 mph
Walking 5.0 mph
Boating, power, speed boat
Canoeing, camping trip
Canoeing, rowing, light
Canoeing, rowing, moderate
Canoeing, rowing, vigorous
Crew, sculling, rowing, competition
Kayaking
Paddle boat
Windsurfing, sailing
Sailing, competition
Sailing, yachting, ocean sailing
Skiing, water skiing
Ski mobiling
Skin diving, fast
Skin diving, moderate
Skin diving, scuba diving
Snorkeling
Surfing, body surfing or board surfing
Whitewater rafting, kayaking, canoeing
Swimming laps, freestyle, fast
Swimming laps, freestyle, slow
Swimming backstroke
Swimming breaststroke
Swimming butterfly
Swimming leisurely, not laps
Swimming sidestroke
Swimming synchronized
Swimming, treading water, fast, vigorous
Swimming, treading water, moderate
Water aerobics, water calisthenics
Water polo
Water volleyball
Water jogging
Diving, springboard or platform
Ice skating, < 9 mph
Ice skating, average speed
Ice skating, rapidly
Speed skating, ice, competitive
Cross country snow skiing, slow
Cross country skiing, moderate
Cross country skiing, vigorous
Cross country skiing, racing
Cross country skiing, uphill
Snow skiing, downhill skiing, light
Downhill snow skiing, moderate
Downhill snow skiing, racing
Sledding, tobagganing, luge
Snow shoeing
Snowmobiling
General housework
Cleaning gutters
Painting
Sit, playing with animals
Walk / run, playing with animals
Bathing dog
Mowing lawn, walk, power mower
Mowing lawn, riding mower
Walking, snow blower
Riding, snow blower
Shoveling snow by hand
Raking lawn
Gardening, general
Bagging grass, leaves
Watering lawn or garden
Weeding, cultivating garden

As you can see there are a ton of things to do on this list. Pretty much every thing that could even loosely be considered athletic or sporting or excercise actually :lol. So if you do something on this list that is your main hobby, you are ok to eat some fast food sometimes. Basically, unless you like to fish (which isn't on the ridic long list) you're good and probably in shape. Things like darts, hacky sack and carrying an infant qualify FYI. Just not fishing.

mavs>spurs
07-24-2012, 05:56 PM
that's a really long list and only bad posters would spam but while scrolling through i noticed that i regularly do several things on that list, yet still don't feel a need to eat fast food. i must be like uber-healthy and probably the model citizen for all of spurstalk.

but i'm going to stop bragging now because i feel like some posters might be getting jealous

DPG21920
07-24-2012, 06:06 PM
Well looking down on others and bragging makes you look foolish and isn't attractive (just like not being athletic) so I'm glad you have decided to stop and good luck at in life - go as far as you can and do great things.

dirk4mvp
07-24-2012, 07:52 PM
Eating fast food because it's cheap and you're poor is a lame excuse. A pound of thin cut pork chops is like $2.50 from wal mart and a bag of chicken breasts that would last a week is like $7.

dirk4mvp
07-24-2012, 07:53 PM

I ain't never heard of dat stuntin growth thingy there guy. I ate fast food regularly as a lad and am a shade over 6'4".

DMC
07-24-2012, 07:55 PM
Poor Diet

Maybe one of the most common ways to stunt muscle growth for people of all ages is to eat a poor diet.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/153015-things-that-stunt-muscle-growth/#ixzz21ajEXJCm

baseline bum
07-24-2012, 08:50 PM
DPG, your list is kind of ridiculous. Even going from 20 to 30 pounds walking up a hill is an enormous difference, much less 20 to 40.

Climbing hills, carrying 21 to 42 lb

Viva Las Espuelas
07-24-2012, 08:55 PM

Lazy

Ryan Fitzpatrick
07-25-2012, 11:49 PM
and lol at the subtle, not-so-subtle, back and forth goods going on between DPG and M>S

+1

:rollin

ginobili's bald spot
07-26-2012, 04:34 AM
Fast food is fucking disgusting and I don't understand why some people like it. I understand why poor people and little kids eat it, but wtf are the rest of you doing? Also, :lol @ some of the misconceptions and confusion about nutrition ITT.