PDA

View Full Version : Jason Alexander on bearing arms

InRareForm
07-24-2012, 10:56 AM
http://guulo.wordpress.com/2012/07/23/jason-alexanders-response-to-aurora-shootings/

Clipper Nation
07-24-2012, 11:01 AM
Love how he completely ignores the SCOTUS' ruling that you don't need to be in a militia to have the right to keep and bear arms, tbh....

Blake
07-24-2012, 11:15 AM
Because the SCOTUS is always right!

Yonivore
07-24-2012, 11:19 AM
Excellent rebuttal to Jason Alexander.

DEBUNKING JASON ALEXANDER'S GUN MYTHS (http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Hollywood/2012/07/23/response-jason-alexander-guns)

And, to the point mentioned by Clipper Nation:

"I won’t bother getting into a detailed rebuttal of your thoughts concerning the intent of the Founding Fathers with respect to the Second Amendment, since smarter men than both of us have exhausted this topic. Let me say only that your “militia-only” interpretation is roundly rejected by most Constitutional scholars, and it doesn’t require a law degree to recognize the speciousness of your argument.

"Simply put, there are scores of quotes from the Founding Fathers concerning the necessity of individual ownership of arms, completely separate from their function in a well-regulated militia. Furthermore, and most importantly, if the Second Amendment is reserved only to government-approved militia groups, then it is the ONLY right listed in the Bill of Rights that is not an individual right. For that reason alone, it is incredibly dangerous to cast doubt on the individual nature of ANY of the rights listed in the Bill of Rights - even the dreaded Second Amendment."

TeyshaBlue
07-24-2012, 11:24 AM
Because the SCOTUS is always right!

Irrelevant. SCOTUS is always SCOTUS.

vy65
07-24-2012, 11:30 AM
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

individual rights?

vy65
07-24-2012, 11:34 AM
The purpose of arming citizens is to provide them with a check on a government run amok -- their guns are to be used as a check when government becomes tyrannical. That check-providing function is the sole purpose of the militia -- you can't say citizens have a right to bear arms separate and apart from the militia because the purpose of having guns -- to provide a check on government -- is the same for both the individual and the militia.

Bill_Brasky
07-24-2012, 11:35 AM
Every time there's a shooting, we have this retarded gun debate that goes nowhere. Instead, why don't we talk about the mental health issues people like this have, how to identify them and get them help early, before it's too late....

Yonivore
07-24-2012, 11:41 AM
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

individual rights?
Yep; individual rights. Take it up with those constitutional scholars, I'm sure they can set you straight.

vy65
07-24-2012, 11:43 AM
Yep; individual rights. Take it up with those constitutional scholars, I'm sure they can set you straight.

I see you're incapable of reading. I think you should take care of that before suggesting I take things up with constitutional scholars.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

Yonivore
07-24-2012, 11:45 AM
Every time there's a shooting, we have this retarded gun debate that goes nowhere. Instead, why don't we talk about the mental health issues people like this have, how to identify them and get them help early, before it's too late....
...retarded...mental health issues...

Wait for it.

But, back to your point. I'm not sure some sociopaths demonstrate behaviors far enough in advance of a psychotic break that results in mass murder for it to be of any use. By some accounts, the Aurora shooter was a fairly normal acting guy up to just about a month before the shooting.

Yonivore
07-24-2012, 02:38 PM
Meanwhile, back at the ranch...

James Holmes Received $26K Grant From Bethesda-Based National Institutes of Health (http://washington.cbslocal.com/2012/07/24/james-holmes-received-26k-grant-from-bethesda-based-national-institutes-of-health/)

It gave the graduate student a $26,000 stipend and paid his tuition for the highly competitive neuroscience program at the University of Colorado in Denver. Holmes was one of six neuroscience students at the school to get the grant money.
That'll buy a few rounds of ammo and some nice weaponry.

ChumpDumper
07-24-2012, 02:43 PM

James Holmes Received $26K Grant From Bethesda-Based National Institutes of Health (http://washington.cbslocal.com/2012/07/24/james-holmes-received-26k-grant-from-bethesda-based-national-institutes-of-health/)

That'll buy a few rounds of ammo and some nice weaponry.And?

Yonivore
07-24-2012, 02:50 PM
Jon Stewart asks a pertinent question: What does it take to get fired at ABC (http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mon-july-23-2012/brian-ross-blows-it)?

The past few years are strewn with examples of the Liberal Left reaching to attach acts of violence to the Tea Party movement. And, in every single case, the reality has had nothing to do with the Tea Party at all.

Brian Ross deserves to be fired. But, of course, so do the rest of the liberals that have done the same.

ChumpDumper
07-24-2012, 02:52 PM
Terrorist fist jab?

Yonivore
07-24-2012, 03:38 PM
You're welcome.

Navy SEAL Lessons Learned From Aurora Colorado (http://sofrep.com/9657/navy-seal-lessons-learned-aurora-colorado-survive/#.UA70X2pd7Dw.twitter)

Don’t Make Yourself an Easy Target
[Heed] Active Shooter Scenario Advice
[Take Advantage of] Concealed Carry
Learn From an Expert
Alter Your Lifestyle, and it May Save Your Life
Don’t Be a Victim

Not once does he mention psychoanalyzing mass murderers to see what makes them tick and prevent future such acts. They're going to happen.

Spurminator
07-24-2012, 04:54 PM
:lol Apparently Jason Alexander is a big threat to gun rights.

ChumpDumper
07-24-2012, 05:06 PM
You're welcome.

Navy SEAL Lessons Learned From Aurora Colorado (http://sofrep.com/9657/navy-seal-lessons-learned-aurora-colorado-survive/#.UA70X2pd7Dw.twitter)

Not once does he mention psychoanalyzing mass murderers to see what makes them tick and prevent future such acts. They're going to happen.:lol he would have blinded him with his super flashlight.

He and mingus should trade notes on how they became fantasy heroes.

DarrinS
07-24-2012, 05:08 PM
-GwIbyp4xBU

ChumpDumper
07-24-2012, 05:12 PM
Not going to watch it. I don't care about changing gun laws.

baseline bum
07-24-2012, 05:20 PM

Being an angry sociopath just doesn't strike me as a mental health issue. A mental health issue would be something like if he heard voices, which is a health problem completely out of his control. Being a fuck-up in school and dropping out, and then being mad enough at the world after to go execute a bunch of citizens isn't. It really bothers me when people lump mentally ill and evil together under one umbrella.

Spurminator
07-24-2012, 06:26 PM
:lmao Jason Alexander and Ice T are coming for your guns!!

baseline bum
07-24-2012, 07:52 PM

LOL, I didn't recognise the name so clicked the link and saw it's Costanza coming for my rifle? :rollin

Agloco
07-24-2012, 11:43 PM

That'll buy a few rounds of ammo and some nice weaponry.

Had he gotten it in a lump sum, perhaps.

That was not the case.

Yonivore
07-25-2012, 01:33 PM
Actually, Ice T has just the opposite position.

ChumpDumper
07-25-2012, 01:52 PM
Actually, Ice T has just the opposite position.Yeah, but I believe whitey missed exactly what Ice-T was saying.

Spurminator
07-25-2012, 02:00 PM
Actually, Ice T has just the opposite position.

Since I didn't watch the video, because I don't care what actors and rappers have to say about social and political issues, I had to assume DarrinS was posting the video for one of two reasons:

a) Ice T was arguing against gun control and DarrinS was using Ice T's statements as support for his own opposition to gun control.

b) Ice T was arguing in favor of gun control and DarrinS was mocking him, because he's Ice T and why are we even asking him what he thinks?

I assumed it was (b), and I frankly think that constitutes giving DarrinS the benefit of the doubt.

baseline bum
07-25-2012, 02:01 PM
Ice-T is 100% correct. This nation has a horrible track record with human rights. A well-armed Native American population could have had a fighting chance to stop the genocide. Slaves wouldn't have been picking cotton had they found a way to arm themselves to a reasonable degree. I think this very racist nation is wholly capable of a holocaust at the level of the Nazis' if they can disarm the people.

Yonivore
07-25-2012, 02:08 PM
Since I didn't watch the video, because I don't care what actors and rappers have to say about social and political issues, I had to assume DarrinS was posting the video for one of two reasons:

a) Ice T was arguing against gun control and DarrinS was using Ice T's statements as support for his own opposition to gun control.

b) Ice T was arguing in favor of gun control and DarrinS was mocking him, because he's Ice T and why are we even asking him what he thinks?

I assumed it was (b), and I frankly think that constitutes giving DarrinS the benefit of the doubt.
It was a)

I didn't watch the video either but, I've heard Ice T speak on the matter -- maybe even a clip from this video (I don't remember).

He's opposed to gun control measures.

SnakeBoy
07-25-2012, 06:48 PM
You can not watch my stuff, you can unfollow and you can call me all the names you like. I may even share some of them with my global audience so everyone can get a little taste of who you are.

Sounds like someone is still stuck in the 80's.