PDA

View Full Version : skateboarder who said he was attacked by black males "mistaken"

Trill Clinton
07-24-2012, 12:00 PM
Skateboarder Who Said He’d Been Attacked By Black Males "Mistaken"

http://dreamindemonwp.dreamindemon.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/rene-betancourt-125x188.jpgMiami, FL – Rene Betancourt, an avid 22-year-old skateboarder who was found battered and disoriented in his sister’s car by his parents, originally told investigators that he had been beaten and robbed by “4 to 5 unknown black males.”

A subsequent investigation was not yielding any leads, and now we know why. On Friday, police released surveillance video from the parking garage where Betancourt was skating. It showed him taking a nasty spill, striking his head against a wall and falling, unconscious, to the ground. His shaggy mop of a head apparently provided precious little cushion against the reinforced concrete.

After about five minutes, Betancourt got up and stumbled to an elevator with his skateboard under his arm, limply leaning against the wall. He was able to make several unanswered calls from his cell phone shortly after regaining consciousness at about 1:30 AM; one to a friend, and another to his younger sister. Somehow, in his delirium, he made it to his sister’s borrowed car.

At some point, his parents called his cell phone and received only a garbled answer. They found him in relatively short order, still in his sister’s car, and rushed him to the Ryder Trauma Center, only minutes away, where he was to be treated for a fractured skull, a laceration to his head, and a potentially fatal blood clot in his brain. Betancourt was not wearing a helmet at the time of the incident.

Shortly after he’d arrived at the ER, investigators began questioning him about his injuries. They gleaned from his faint responses that he had been attacked by several black males.

The story quickly became hot news in Miami and an investigation was launched. Jackson Memorial Hospital set up a donation fund for his medical bills. Miami Longboard Crew organized a fundraiser for their fellow skater in response to what Miami Police had said was an apparent robbery, and sympathetic comments were made on Facebook by fundraiser organizer Jorge Garcia.

“This is truly disturbing,” Garcia wrote. “The foul souls responsible for this have tainted our sanctuary.” Well, at least Garcia didn’t take the opportunity to make skateboarders sound like high-minded saviors of humanity or anything. Seriously, Jorge, let’s tone it down a bit, shall we?

Now that the video has been released, most everyone is relieved that it was merely an accident, especially the scads of Miami’s black males who were just patiently waiting to be hauled in for questioning. No word on whether or not the donated funds will be returned to the pissed-off individuals who didn’t realize they were coughing up their money to a clumsy moron who didn’t feel like wearing a helmet.

Betancourt is recovering at home. While he can speak with some difficulty and recognize family members, he cannot recall the incident, his mother said. No charges are expected to be filed due to the head trauma the confused skate-rat sustained. Miami Police are not amused nor appreciative after likely having frisked more than their fair share of dudes over the past few weeks.

I’m left only wondering why it took over two weeks to obtain surveillance video from the parking garage.

mouse
07-24-2012, 10:06 PM
I guess the Blacks in Florida will just have to wait till next time to get that free TV
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/HaitiLooterswithTVs.jpg

Creepn
07-25-2012, 12:23 AM
d, most everyone is relieved that it was merely an accident, especially the scads of Miami’s black males who were just patiently waiting to be hauled in for questioning.

Lol rounding up black men. If the guy would've kept up the story there would've been several going to jail on false charges.

mouse
07-25-2012, 01:21 AM
I'm sure 99% of any black men round up you do your going to find many crimes that took place they committed and got away with so your not talking about your average everyday innocent victim here. Your actually doing the city a service.

lakerhaterade
07-25-2012, 01:31 AM
What a stupid faggot.

mouse
07-25-2012, 02:31 AM
What a stupid faggot.

Is there such thing as a "smart" faggot?

lakerhaterade
07-25-2012, 02:40 AM
Is there such thing as a "smart" faggot?

http://spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=153

MultiTroll
07-25-2012, 09:36 AM
http://i.cdn.turner.com/dr/teg/tsg/release/sites/default/files/assets/alsharpton0523.jpg

Trill Clinton
07-25-2012, 09:48 AM
I guess the Blacks in Florida will just have to wait till next time to get that free TV
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/HaitiLooterswithTVs.jpg

:rollin@ the sig. bitch.

Creepn
07-25-2012, 11:09 AM
Cop/sketch artist: Can you describe the guy that beat you?

Skateboarder: YES! Yes I can! He was about 6 feet tall I say!

Cop: 6...feet tall? ok

(writes in notepad)

Skateboarder: Yes! And he had his hat on backwards too!

Cop: GOOD! That's good stuff!

Skateboarder: Yes. He was black.

Cop: Ok Big lips, big nose, dick hanging out? SAY NO MORE SIR! I'm drawing from memory. Let me get my stencil and I could trace this guy and save us some time!

Dispatcher: Calling all cars! Calling all cars! Be on the lookout for a black male between 4'7" and 6'8"! 120 to 380 pounds! He's wearing Nikes! GET THIS MAN!!

courtesy of Dave Chappelle

Trill Clinton
07-25-2012, 11:17 AM
Cop/sketch artist: Can you describe the guy that beat you?

Skateboarder: YES! Yes I can! He was about 6 feet tall I say!

Cop: 6...feet tall? ok

(writes in notepad)

Skateboarder: Yes! And he had his hat on backwards too!

Cop: GOOD! That's good stuff!

Skateboarder: Yes. He was black.

Cop: Ok Big lips, big nose, dick hanging out? SAY NO MORE SIR! I'm drawing from memory. Let me get my stencil and I could trace this guy and save us some time!

Dispatcher: Calling all cars! Calling all cars! Be on the lookout for a black male between 4'7" and 6'8"! 120 to 380 pounds! He's wearing Nikes! GET THIS MAN!!

courtesy of Dave Chappelle

:rollin:rollin:rollin

Viva Las Espuelas
07-25-2012, 12:27 PM
http://dreamindemonwp.dreamindemon.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/rene-betancourt-125x188.jpg

He clearly looks like he's 100% aware of all his surroundings and actions :golfclap :yawn

Trill Clinton
07-25-2012, 12:47 PM
http://dreamindemonwp.dreamindemon.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/rene-betancourt-125x188.jpg

He clearly looks like he's 100% aware of all his surroundings and actions :golfclap :yawn

are you stupid?

he had enough presense of mind to walk to an elevator, walk to his sisters car, call his family, etc.

the cops obviously questioned him when he was coherent and not drugged up. do you actually believe the cops got his statement when he was passed out in the hospital?:lmao

Viva Las Espuelas
07-25-2012, 01:20 PM
Yeah. They took dictation while he was passed out. Exactly.

Trill Clinton
07-25-2012, 01:24 PM
Yeah. They took dictation while he was passed out. Exactly.

stop it

DisAsTerBot
07-25-2012, 01:24 PM
After about five minutes, Betancourt got up and stumbled to an elevator with his skateboard under his arm, limply leaning against the wall. He was able to make several unanswered calls from his cell phone shortly after regaining consciousness at about 1:30 AM; one to a friend, and another to his younger sister. Somehow, in his delirium, he made it to his sister’s borrowed car.

At some point, his parents called his cell phone and received only a garbled answer. They found him in relatively short order, still in his sister’s car, and rushed him to the Ryder Trauma Center, only minutes away, where he was to be treated for a fractured skull, a laceration to his head, and a potentially fatal blood clot in his brain. Betancourt was not wearing a helmet at the time of the incident.

Shortly after he’d arrived at the ER, investigators began questioning him about his injuries. They gleaned from his faint responses that he had been attacked by several black males.

did you even read the article?!? Sounds like bad police work, not a racist skater. smh

Trill Clinton
07-25-2012, 01:31 PM
did you even read the article?!? Sounds like bad police work, not a racist skater. smh

it does sound like bad police work. you're right.

cantthinkofanything
07-25-2012, 01:33 PM

Holy shit, they fucked him up. I hope they catch them.

Trill Clinton
07-25-2012, 01:39 PM
Holy shit, they fucked him up. I hope they catch them.
they wont. black men have the ability to become invisible.

z0sa
07-25-2012, 01:52 PM
Non-issue

cantthinkofanything
07-25-2012, 02:00 PM
they wont. black men have the ability to become invisible.

fuck...I wish...

:lol

Trill Clinton
07-25-2012, 02:08 PM
fuck...I wish...

:lol

http://i1246.photobucket.com/albums/gg613/hairweavekilla1/Z2gXx.gif

how did the tacos come out fam?

cantthinkofanything
07-25-2012, 02:19 PM
http://i1246.photobucket.com/albums/gg613/hairweavekilla1/Z2gXx.gif

how did the tacos come out fam?

well, they were turnkey meat...but by the time you put all the stuff on them, they turn out pretty good

jag
07-25-2012, 06:20 PM
it does sound like bad police work. you're right.

I wouldn't necessarily call it "bad" police work. They were simply playing the percentages, my man Trill.

Stringer_Bell
07-25-2012, 06:32 PM
This kid's exact quoted words were "4 to 5 unknown black males." Nowhere in there does he say African-Americans or Africans in general. For all we know, he could have been having a near death experience and saw The Shadow People like those things from Ghost. Don't ya'll remember that shit?

I dunno, sounds to me like the cops just wanted an excuse to racial profile when they could have jumped to a much better and more logical conclusion...Shadow People.

DMC
07-25-2012, 07:52 PM
What the video didn't show was that, later, 5 black men beat the shit out of him.