PDA

View Full Version : Wherein Scooter Libby scratches his head...

Yonivore
07-24-2012, 01:26 PM
Significant national security leaks have emanated from the White House, just in the past year, and now, The Democrat Chair of the Senate Intelligence Committee (http://thehill.com/blogs/defcon-hill/policy-and-strategy/239661-sen-feinstein-says-someone-at-white-house-is-behind-leaks) wants the President to provide answers.

Why isn't the media and the Left as exercised about this as they were about Valerie Plame?

ElNono
07-24-2012, 01:29 PM
wants the President to provide answers.

Do you read what you link? From the article you linked:

Feinstein said she was certain that President Obama had not disclosed any of the classified intelligence, but believed others in the administration were responsible.

“I don’t believe for a moment that he goes out and talks about it,” she said of the president.

ElNono
07-24-2012, 01:30 PM
Where's Feinstein request "to provide answers", Yoni?

lol ankle bitting per par

clambake
07-24-2012, 01:32 PM
its different. they exposed plame to deflect the lie about yellow cake.

Yonivore
07-24-2012, 01:34 PM
Do you read what you link? From the article you linked:

Feinstein said she was certain that President Obama had not disclosed any of the classified intelligence, but believed others in the administration were responsible.

“I don’t believe for a moment that he goes out and talks about it,” she said of the president.
President = White House

ElNono
07-24-2012, 01:34 PM
Didn't "the lefty media" leak out the information, making the administration look bad?

but I demand the media says what I want!

Yonivore
07-24-2012, 01:35 PM
Where's Feinstein request "to provide answers", Yoni?

lol ankle bitting per par
You're right, only a partisan hack would accuse the White House of leaking national security secrets and NOT demand answers.

Again, where is the hyperbolic tenor of the media and Democrats now that we have actual people's lives endangered by a leak from the administration?

Winehole23
07-24-2012, 01:35 PM
http://www.salon.com/2012/07/24/dianne_feinsteins_espionage/

ElNono
07-24-2012, 01:36 PM
President = White House

Where is she demanding the White House "to provide answers"?

Oh wait, you made that up. Carry on.

Yonivore
Didn't "the lefty media" leak out the information, making the administration look bad?

but I demand the media says what I want!
Your point? The media printed Valerie Plame's name and had no problem hyperventilating over the issue.

ElNono
You're right, only a partisan hack would accuse the White House of leaking national security secrets and NOT demand answers.

So you're saying she didn't demand answers and you made that up?

Okay :lol

Yonivore
07-24-2012, 01:37 PM
Where is she demanding the White House "to provide answers"?

Oh wait, you made that up. Carry on.
I just assumed the accusation would constitute a demand for answers. I stand corrected, Feinstein is, after all, a Democrat.

ElNono
07-24-2012, 01:37 PM
Your point? The media printed Valerie Plame's name and had no problem hyperventilating over the issue.

My point is that the media covered these leaks too.

I'm sorry they didn't cover them to your satisfaction...

Yonivore
07-24-2012, 01:38 PM
So you're saying she didn't demand answers and you made that up?

Okay :lol
Tell me, do you think the White House owes the public answers on how such leaks are occurring?

Do you think the media should prod the administration into acting faster than appointing investigators that are sure to not report back before the election?

I do.

ElNono
07-24-2012, 01:38 PM
http://www.salon.com/2012/07/24/dianne_feinsteins_espionage/

Now, here's something interesting to read... thanks :toast

ElNono
07-24-2012, 01:40 PM
Tell me, do you think the White House owes the public answers on how such leaks are occurring?

Sure. That's why they assigned two prosecutors to investigate them, and hopefully once they find out, the public at large will be informed.

What you want is irrelevant.

ChumpDumper
07-24-2012, 01:44 PM

Do you think the media should prod the administration into acting faster than appointing investigators that are sure to not report back before the election?

I do.You didn't think this when Bush was president.

You are a partisan hack.

Yonivore
07-24-2012, 01:51 PM
My point is that the media covered these leaks too.

I'm sorry they didn't cover them to your satisfaction...
Are they covering them to your satisfaction?

Are the leaks that occurred, within the past year, more or less serious than the outing of Valerie Plame?

You're pretty defensive for Feinstein and the administration. Do you believe it's an unfair demand that the administration provide answers? Did you feel that way about the Bush administration? Why or why not?

Yonivore
07-24-2012, 01:52 PM
Sure. That's why they assigned two prosecutors to investigate them, and hopefully once they find out, the public at large will be informed.

What you want is irrelevant.
Do you believe the media is treating these (as in multiple security leaks) any differently than the outing of Valerie Plame?

ElNono
07-24-2012, 01:59 PM
Are they covering them to your satisfaction?

I wasn't up in arms about Valerie Plame or Scooter Libby cases, and I'm not up in arms about these leaks either. I understand both parties "leak" what they want for political purposes all the time.

Do you believe the media is treating these (as in multiple security leaks) any differently than the outing of Valerie Plame?

Sure.

Yonivore
07-24-2012, 02:07 PM
I wasn't up in arms about Valerie Plame or Scooter Libby cases, and I'm not up in arms about these leaks either. I understand both parties "leak" what they want for political purposes all the time.

Sure.
Well, as long as you're satisfied with a biased media, what's to talk about? Carry on, then.

ElNono
07-24-2012, 02:13 PM
Well, as long as you're satisfied with a biased media, what's to talk about? Carry on, then.

There's media for everybody, Yoni, even for partisan hacks like you.

I personally subscribe more towards articles like the one WH linked. I like Greenwald, and he's spot on about the hypocrisy of both parties when it comes to this stuff.

Wild Cobra
07-24-2012, 04:08 PM
its different. they exposed plame to deflect the lie about yellow cake.
An alleged lie.

Wild Cobra
07-24-2012, 04:09 PM
Going after Libby was hypocritical when these same people are not going after the endless leaks we see now.

How can any of you defend hypocrisy?

ChumpDumper
07-24-2012, 04:17 PM
Plaime put a face to the leak. Pretty simple difference.

Wild Cobra
07-24-2012, 04:21 PM
Plaime put a face to the leak. Pretty simple difference.
Yep...

The games liberals play with their choreographed victims. Make the public cry for someone. It's a typical liberal tactic. Always playing the victim card. It was never about right and wrong, it was about playing a trump card.

ChumpDumper
07-24-2012, 04:22 PM
lol choreographed

You don't even know what that means.

Yonivore
07-24-2012, 04:30 PM
Yep...

The games liberals play with their choreographed victims. Make the public cry for someone. It's a typical liberal tactic. Always playing the victim card. It was never about right and wrong, it was about playing a trump card.
One of the Obama leaks has a face, as well...

http://foreignpolicyblogs.com/wp-content/uploads/AFRIDI_3.jpg.crop_display.jpg

Shakil Afridi will spend over 30 years in a Pakistani prison because his assistance in trying to locate Osama bin Laden was leaked by our current administration.

clambake
07-24-2012, 04:33 PM
says who

ElNono
07-24-2012, 04:34 PM
http://www.newser.com/story/147054/bin-laden-snitch-wasnt-convicted-of-treason.html

clambake
07-24-2012, 04:35 PM
http://www.newser.com/story/147054/bin-laden-snitch-wasnt-convicted-of-treason.html

:lol yoni

ChumpDumper
07-24-2012, 04:44 PM
says whoA Republican says, so yoni's programming forces him to accept it.

Jacob1983
07-25-2012, 12:39 AM
Liberals can do the same things that the neo-cons did but it's okay because they're liberals. It's only bad when neo-cons. Leaking information, nation building, policing the world, supporting the Patriot Act and The NDAA, supporting Gitmo and wiretaps were bad when the neo-cons were in charge. The other half is now in charge so those things are are okay.

But seriously, I just laugh at Obama supporters and so-called liberals. They're such delusional ignorant hypocrites.

clambake
07-25-2012, 01:32 PM
One of the Obama leaks has a face, as well...

http://foreignpolicyblogs.com/wp-content/uploads/AFRIDI_3.jpg.crop_display.jpg

Shakil Afridi will spend over 30 years in a Pakistani prison because his assistance in trying to locate Osama bin Laden was leaked by our current administration.

:lmao yoni is such a dumbass.