PDA

View Full Version : Marine wife -

Adam Lambert
07-24-2012, 02:19 PM
saw this post shared by a friend on the facebook. over 14k shares so far, 150k likes and 5k comments about how inspirational and touching it is.

seems to me like she's crazy and also kind of a bitch. what does da club think?

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/430970_377533892260705_107787174_n.jpg
Once a Marine, Always a Marine
The night before the burial of her husband 2nd Lt. James Cathey of the United States Marine Corps, killed in Iraq, Katherine Cathey refused to leave the casket, asking to sleep next to his body for the last time. The Marines made a bed for her, tucking in the sheets below the flag. Before she fell asleep, she opened her laptop computer and played songs that reminded her of "Cat", and one of the Marines asked if she wanted them to continue standing watch as she slept.

"I think it would be kind of nice if you kept doing it" she said. "I think that's what he would have wanted".

-Not sure what is more honorable: Being married to this faithful wife to the end or the Marine standing next to the casket watching over them both.
-----

lady, sorry for your loss but if your husband would have wanted one of his fellow soldiers to have to stand upright all night watching you sleep, cry and listen to music, he was an asshole.

cantthinkofanything
07-24-2012, 02:21 PM
saw this post shared by a friend on the facebook. over 14k shares so far, 150k likes and 5k comments about how inspirational and touching it is.

seems to me like she's crazy and also kind of a bitch. what does da club think?

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/430970_377533892260705_107787174_n.jpg
Once a Marine, Always a Marine
The night before the burial of her husband 2nd Lt. James Cathey of the United States Marine Corps, killed in Iraq, Katherine Cathey refused to leave the casket, asking to sleep next to his body for the last time. The Marines made a bed for her, tucking in the sheets below the flag. Before she fell asleep, she opened her laptop computer and played songs that reminded her of "Cat", and one of the Marines asked if she wanted them to continue standing watch as she slept.

"I think it would be kind of nice if you kept doing it" she said. "I think that's what he would have wanted".

-Not sure what is more honorable: Being married to this faithful wife to the end or the Marine standing next to the casket watching over them both.
-----

lady, sorry for your loss but if your husband would have wanted one of his fellow soldiers to have to stand upright all night watching you sleep, cry and listen to music, he was an asshole.

go fuck yourself. she's dealing with grief in her own way. and I doubt the soldiers had any hard feelings about it

BacktoBasics
07-24-2012, 03:15 PM
No shortage of assholes in this forum.

hehateme
07-24-2012, 03:48 PM
Don't tell me Razon got a new screen name and finally embraced the gay.

mrsmaalox
07-24-2012, 05:24 PM
Eh. If the Marines who stayed didn't have a problem with it why should anyone else?

CubanSucks
07-24-2012, 05:32 PM
agree with OP

looks like someone just wants to siphon off some of that attention that the husband is getting

Eh. If the Marines who stayed didn't have a problem with it why should anyone else?

What are they gonna say? Of course they're gonna cooperate but you know they didn't really wanna do this for that drama queen

TE
07-24-2012, 05:37 PM
No shortage of assholes in this forum.

You're one to speak

:lol hypocrite

mrsmaalox
07-24-2012, 05:43 PM
Then they shouldn't have asked if she wanted them to stay! If it was part of their job to ask her if she wanted them there, then they can just be pissed off that they got tagged for the duty that night and whine to their commanding officer about having to do their job----I have a feeling I know what he'd say.

Stringer_Bell
07-24-2012, 06:18 PM
It does look fairly heavy-handed and tacky, but if the Marine and funeral home were cool with it - it's whatever.

And just think of it this way...if it's cool for a dog to sleep next to his master's coffin, then why can't a human do it?

CubanSucks
07-24-2012, 06:22 PM
Then they shouldn't have asked if she wanted them to stay! If it was part of their job to ask her if she wanted them there, then they can just be pissed off that they got tagged for the duty that night and whine to their commanding officer about having to do their job----I have a feeling I know what he'd say.

It was probably awkward as fuck for them. They were probably thinking about what to do in that situation and because they wanted to be respectful to her and mainly her husband they probably felt obligated to ask

FkLA
07-24-2012, 06:25 PM
Yeah unless I knew the guy, I wouldnt wanna stand in that position for 8+ hrs. Id ask to be polite but would be hoping the wife declined the offer.

CubanSucks
07-24-2012, 06:25 PM
It does look fairly heavy-handed and tacky, but if the Marine and funeral home were cool with it - it's whatever.

And just think of it this way...if it's cool for a dog to sleep next to his master's coffin, then why can't a human do it?

because a dog is a relatively retarded animal and a human should have the decency to dismiss another human waiting on them

DMC
07-24-2012, 06:47 PM
Doing it: No problem. More power to her.

Photographing it for others to see: Goes beyond "loyalty" into "agenda".

Viva Las Espuelas
07-24-2012, 08:52 PM
Quite odd