PDA

View Full Version : Is it now safe to say that...........

ICE3000
06-24-2005, 01:04 PM
Tim Duncan is the best 4/5 in the game... I would say he is cause he is simply the best PF and you could argue that he is also the best CENTER playin right now

TDMVPDPOY
06-24-2005, 01:13 PM
dampier would have a say in that about being the best center playin right now, he claims to be no.2 no one dares to claim no.1 :D

WayDowntownBang
06-24-2005, 01:14 PM
You'd have to include Shaq into the "Best Center" list, whether you like his personality or not. He's by far the most dominant big man in the game.

Dex
06-24-2005, 01:20 PM
Shaq is who he is, there is no denying. Now how much of that is predicated on size rather than skill, I'm probably better off not getting into right now.

But Tim Duncan has matched Shaq's ring count. Tim Duncan has matched his Finals MVP trophies, and with 2 completely different Spurs teams.

Tim Duncan is undeniably on the same level as Shaq now, as far as dominanting the game today goes. And he does it with more finesse and twice the class. Furthermore, I still believe that Duncan has plenty left in his tank, whereas Shaq is already working on his walk into the sunset.

WayDowntownBang
06-24-2005, 01:22 PM
Shaq is who he is, there is no denying. How much of that is predicated on size rather than skill, I'm probably better not getting into right now.

But Tim Duncan has matched Shaq's ring count. Tim Duncan has matched his Finals MVP trophies, and with 2 completely different Spurs teams.

Tim Duncan is easily on the same level as Shaq now, with more finesse and twice the class. Furthermore, I still believe that Duncan has plenty left in his tank, whereas Shaq is already working on his walk into the sunset.

Can't really argue any of that, but Tim's not really even a true center. He's much more agile than your common Center, and that 3 pointer might as well put a sword right through my left eye.

Your'e definitely right, Shaq is more about size than skills.. but he proved 6 times that sometimes, size is enough to win. He definitely is up there, if not #1.

SWC Bonfire
06-24-2005, 01:27 PM
Can't really argue any of that, but Tim's not really even a true center. He's much more agile than your common Center, and that 3 pointer might as well put a sword right through my left eye.

Your'e definitely right, Shaq is more about size than skills.. but he proved 6 times that sometimes, size is enough to win. He definitely is up there, if not #1.

When did Shaq prove anything 6 x?

Tim Duncan is no Shaq. Shaq lost in the finals and split on his team. :lol

MadDog73
06-24-2005, 01:33 PM

What 3-pointer? Tim hit a long two last night, but no 3.

Not saying he can't hit 3's. but it's not his shot (obviously).

I think Tim is the best all around player in the NBA right now. Period.

samikeyp
06-24-2005, 02:00 PM
At first I thought it was a 3 also....but alas..a long 2. Still pretty cool.