PDA

View Full Version : Knicks sign Ronnie Brewer

racm
07-24-2012, 06:56 PM
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/8195366/knicks-sign-swingman-ronnie-brewer-one-year-contract

Solid pickup. A defensive wing to help them get through Shumpert's injury.

Lincoln
07-24-2012, 07:00 PM
How do they still have cap room?

Lincoln
07-24-2012, 07:01 PM
Nvm just read he got the vet min

racm
07-24-2012, 07:03 PM
Cheaper and more reliable than Landry Fields.

:lmao Toronto

DMC
07-24-2012, 07:17 PM
Threads like this; I mean, I know it's mid offseason but does anyone really give a flying fuck where people like Asik, Brewer and Lopez go? Really?

Latarian Milton
07-24-2012, 07:44 PM
Threads like this; I mean, I know it's mid offseason but does anyone really give a flying fuck where people like Asik, Brewer and Lopez go? Really?

asik & lopez are worthy of the attention they got for how badly they get overpaid imho. brewer can be a solid player in rotation and he only costs vet min, and him being a fatass pretty much caters to NY's flavor

HarlemHeat37
07-25-2012, 12:10 AM
This is a very good signing for the Knicks, tbh..Brewer is one of the best and most underrated defensive players in the NBA, joining a team that desperately needs defensive players to offset their offensive-minded, one-dimensional players..

The Knicks will be the 2nd best team in the East IMO..

TDMVPDPOY
07-25-2012, 02:02 AM
brewer>fields

rayjayjohnson
07-25-2012, 02:08 AM
This is a very good signing for the Knicks, tbh..Brewer is one of the best and most underrated defensive players in the NBA, joining a team that desperately needs defensive players to offset their offensive-minded, one-dimensional players..

The Knicks will be the 2nd best team in the East IMO..

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

wanggi
07-25-2012, 02:16 AM
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

:rollin

racm
07-25-2012, 04:18 AM
Seems HH forgot about them Indiana Pacers...

still this is a nice pickup, since the offense will run through Melo, then through Amare/Felton. Smith will be Woodson's personal 6th man.

DMC
07-25-2012, 05:36 AM
Who knew Ronnie Brewer would take a b2b 1st round exit team to the ECF?

rayjayjohnson
07-25-2012, 06:29 AM
The only thing running through Felton is Chipotle.

HarlemHeat37
07-25-2012, 11:27 AM
I'm not basing my statement entirely on Ronnie Brewer:lol..Brewer is only a slight upgrade over Fields..

Having Kidd as their head coach is an upgrade over Woodson..even as a washed up scrub last year, Kidd had a quantifiable, positive impact on Dallas's overall defense and team..I expect the Knicks to be a more organized team with Kidd at the helm..

New York's defense was already a quality unit last year, adding Kidd, Brewer and Camby will only improve them into a top defensive team..

Offensively will be a larger concern, but it's a team loaded with weapons, and this will be their 2nd year together..

:lol I didn't forget about Indiana..I hyped them last year, I'd have them as 3rd right now, New York has a higher ceiling..

Latarian Milton
07-25-2012, 05:50 PM
if you're to pick a team that's favorite to win the 2nd seed in the east, NY is a solid choice since others who used to be good have been dealing with problems of their own. even if DH stays there for another year, orlando still won't do shit with a blithe Dwight. Celts are worn out and done. the rising power of brooklyn nets don't have nothing more than other teams but overpaid whores. bulls would still be the 2nd best if rose comes back healthy 100%, and even so, it doesn't seem they've got much better than last season.

with that all said, there's gonna be a big gap between the 1st seed (miami) and the 2nd whoever it is tbh

racm
07-25-2012, 07:59 PM
if you're to pick a team that's favorite to win the 2nd seed in the east, NY is a solid choice since others who used to be good have been dealing with problems of their own. even if DH stays there for another year, orlando still won't do shit with a blithe Dwight. Celts are worn out and done. the rising power of brooklyn nets don't have nothing more than other teams but overpaid whores. bulls would still be the 2nd best if rose comes back healthy 100%, and even so, it doesn't seem they've got much better than last season.

with that all said, there's gonna be a big gap between the 1st seed (miami) and the 2nd whoever it is tbh

Definitely. Miami's a lock for 60+ wins, since their chemistry issues and bench have been improved, and the 2nd seed, whether it's New York or Indiana, will have 55 wins at most.

Knicks were a top 5 defensive team even with Pringles running the show for half the season.

DMC
07-25-2012, 08:15 PM
I cannot pick NY. There are too many idiots on the team who cannot perform under pressure (Amare is a proven shit-for-brains when the gauntlet has been thrown).

This year, maybe he will slam his face through a plate glass window and cut his head off. Melo is no leader. Kidd is ok, but he's 40 and he's shit without a true performer like Dirk and some solid backing by a TC like defender (not many), and though they have TC, we saw last year that, without a Lin type PG, he won't be involved as long as Melo and Amare are calling the shots.