PDA

View Full Version : Magic meeting with Dwight today, out of options

Pages : [1] 2

Bruce Wayne
07-25-2012, 10:28 AM
Steve Kyler ‏@stevekylerNBA
RT @JaySway52 (https://twitter.com/JaySway52): The meeting between Orlando GM and Dwight is supposedly to discuss what? ---> Try and talk him off the ledge.

RT @Jackhomie27 (https://twitter.com/Jackhomie27): What do you think Dwight's reaction will be.---> It will be interesting for sure. Not sure what's going to happen.

RT @Jackhomie27 (https://twitter.com/Jackhomie27): ---> The Magic do not have a trade they want to make... so now what... thats what you have to talk about

Bruce Wayne
07-25-2012, 10:28 AM
steve kyler (http://sulia.com/source/s-17350261)

i think its also safe to say that if dwight absolutely plays the jerk-card this week, then there may be no recourse but to trade him for what they can get.

I am also not sold that this is not ownership driven... One last ditch conversation before pulling the trigger on something. I also think that the magic can play the siberia card... If we can't find a way to make it work here we have to trade to the worst situation we can find.

I am not sure a conversation is going to change the situation, but what if it does?... What if dwight says 'i want to play out my deal in orlando' rather than be a laker or a rocket or whatever.

I don;t think being deliberate is a bad thing, especially when what you can trade him for does not make your team better in ways you want to improve.

Clipper Nation
07-25-2012, 10:35 AM
:lol Magic
:lol Even more dysfunctional than the Knicks

Koolaid_Man
07-25-2012, 10:47 AM
:lol Magic
:lol Even more dysfunctional than the Knicks

If Dwight doesn't end up in either Brooklyn, LA, or Dallas his career is fucked...even somewhat if he lands in Dallas with a Dirk on the decline...If lands in Houston the guy will never recover nor win a ring...Perhaps if OKC traded for him that might work..but he has too many competing priorities not related to basketball..

I will say this if he let's that 30 yr old white boy talk him into staying after all of this..He loses all respect as a black man first and foremost and as a man secondly...He loses all street cred....it's the worst possible scenario for him...even worse than playing for the Rockets :lol

irishock
07-25-2012, 10:54 AM
The Magic were a bad trade away from possibly getting D-Will.

TDMVPDPOY
07-25-2012, 10:54 AM
the damage has been done, even if that kent wants to play out his deal in orlando...fck that shit

Twisted_Dawg
07-25-2012, 11:17 AM
If Dwight doesn't end up in either Brooklyn, LA, or Dallas his career is fucked...even somewhat if he lands in Dallas with a Dirk on the decline...If lands in Houston the guy will never recover nor win a ring...Perhaps if OKC traded for him that might work..but he has too many competing priorities not related to basketball..

I will say this if he let's that 30 yr old white boy talk him into staying after all of this..He loses all respect as a black man first and foremost and as a man secondly...He loses all street cred....it's the worst possible scenario for him...even worse than playing for the Rockets :lol

I hadn't thought about OKC in the mix. Now if Presti had some balls, might he offer Harden, Perkins and some draft picks for Dwight? OKC might not be the glamor stop Dwight is hoping for, but the chance to play on an up and coming young dynasty might just sway him, particularly since he is running out of options. This also takes care of OKC's decision on Harden.

Killakobe81
07-25-2012, 11:52 AM
OKC would make some sens ebut no way do I take Perkins when Ibaka is potentially available. I know OKC would rathher trade Perkins, but if im the Magic I would require Harden and Ibaka.

OKC

PG Westbrook
SG Thabo
SF Durant
PF Collison/Perry Jones
C Dwight

If they can find a bench scorer for Perkins that would be a very good team if Dwight stays healthy.

Orlando playing with fire. If Dwight walks he may get to Dallas and they could be forced to sign and trade for minimal compensation. Orlando needs to make a decision soon. They are hurting themselves and Dwight with the indecisive bull-shit. If the Rox are willing to be fleeced, fleece their asses ... dump contracts and steal 2 of their best prospects and get a future pick too.

Killakobe81
07-25-2012, 11:53 AM
I maintained all along I highly doubt he gets to the Lakers, I just want it over. If he goes to the Thunder or Rox God bless 'em.

pass1st
07-25-2012, 11:57 AM
Dwight on OKC :lol

Fuck competition, superfriends west vs the legion of doom east

Clipper Nation
07-25-2012, 12:02 PM
Where's all this OKC shit coming from? The Stolen Thunder and Dwight have never been mentioned in the same breath by anyone credible, tbh.....

pass1st
07-25-2012, 12:04 PM
It's just hypothetical, but OKC can put together a great package if they wanted

Killakobe81
07-25-2012, 12:14 PM
It's just hypothetical, but OKC can put together a great package if they wanted

Exactly. I think OKC is hoping someone out of Harden or Ibaka gives them a discount. If not would you rather pay max to Harden, Ibaka or Dwight ...assuming Dwight's back is healthy?

Out of players that can reasonably offered in a trade that is one that makes some sense, but why would the Magic want to pay max money to a a highly skilled 6th man and a role player with upside?

But LOL Perkins and Harden though ...

Twisted_Dawg
07-25-2012, 01:20 PM
OKC would make some sens ebut no way do I take Perkins when Ibaka is potentially available. I know OKC would rathher trade Perkins, but if im the Magic I would require Harden and Ibaka.

OKC

PG Westbrook
SG Thabo
SF Durant
PF Collison/Perry Jones
C Dwight

If they can find a bench scorer for Perkins that would be a very good team if Dwight stays healthy.

Orlando playing with fire. If Dwight walks he may get to Dallas and they could be forced to sign and trade for minimal compensation. Orlando needs to make a decision soon. They are hurting themselves and Dwight with the indecisive bull-shit. If the Rox are willing to be fleeced, fleece their asses ... dump contracts and steal 2 of their best prospects and get a future pick too.

Good point. And if OKC moved Harden and Ibaka plus picks for Dwight, they could then trade Perkins for a nice young wing player.

Twisted_Dawg
07-25-2012, 01:23 PM
Where's all this OKC shit coming from? The Stolen Thunder and Dwight have never been mentioned in the same breath by anyone credible, tbh.....

Because message boards are where rumors get started!:toast

TDMVPDPOY
07-25-2012, 02:23 PM
they just gave nelson a 25/3yr contract ...3rd year is partially gteed...

djohn2oo8
07-25-2012, 02:36 PM

OKC

PG Westbrook
SG Thabo
SF Durant
PF Collison/Perry Jones
C Dwight

That's not their strategy. Their telling Orlando 1 bad contract (2 at most), 1 rookie + picks + Martin's expiring + fillers. That is why its being reported Orlando has offers that they don't want to make, but might have to accept anyway. They're telling Orlando "why should we give up the farm for a rental?" So now Orlando is going back to Dwight begging him to stay, or they'll take a less than stellar offer, but still better than what they'll get if they wait until the trade deadline.

baseline bum
07-25-2012, 02:38 PM
If I'm Hannigan I get Rich DeVos to pull out $30 million in cash, I set it on the table, say You're not resigning? You're walking away from this? and then walk out and wait for the phone call from the agent.

djohn2oo8
07-25-2012, 02:45 PM
I think Dwight would literally cost himself 30 mil just to spite Orlando. Then again he could do that anywhere else too, but his options would still be limited.

baseline bum
07-25-2012, 02:47 PM
I think Dwight would literally cost himself 30 mil just to spite Orlando. Then again he could do that anywhere else too, but his options would still be limited.

He already had the option to by opting out and didn't.

Clipper Nation
07-25-2012, 02:47 PM
I think Dwight would literally cost himself 30 mil just to spite Orlando.
While Orlando is trying to spite Dwight by waiting out any team he could possibly want to go to.... this whole thing is fucked up, tbh... :lol

ElNono
07-25-2012, 02:57 PM
Just hand him the Emmy for best sports diva already, tbh... At this point, this is worse than Kobe threatening the Lakers to sign with the Clippers...

baseline bum
07-25-2012, 02:58 PM
While Orlando is trying to spite Dwight by waiting out any team he could possibly want to go to.... this whole thing is fucked up, tbh... :lol

I don't think so. They didn't owe it to him to trade his ass to Brooklyn for garbage. They should hold out until the trade deadline to see if they can get a really good offer like what Denver got for Melo.

djohn2oo8
07-25-2012, 03:01 PM
He already had the option to by opting out and didn't.

True. Just hard to see him taking the money to stay where he's probably hated at as image conscious as he is.

djohn2oo8
07-25-2012, 03:04 PM
I don't think so. They didn't owe it to him to trade his ass to Brooklyn for garbage. They should hold out until the trade deadline to see if they can get a really good offer like what Denver got for Melo.
Thing is he already has few suitors as it is, his value will be even lower at the deadline because teams will say "why should we give up the farm for half a season." No one wants to give up that much now, which is why Orlando is trying to convince him to stay. The deadline won't make the offers any better, only shittier.

baseline bum
07-25-2012, 03:07 PM
Thing is he already has few suitors as it is, his value will be even lower at the deadline because teams will say "why should we give up the farm for half a season." No one wants to give up that much now, which is why Orlando is trying to convince him to stay. The deadline won't make the offers any better, only shittier.

It's a worthy gamble since he'll eventually agree to sign an extension with a team that trades for him. They don't have a single decent offer out there right now, so might as well just sit on Howard.

DPG21920
07-25-2012, 03:10 PM
Sitting on Howard is the dumbest thing they can do IMO.

djohn2oo8
07-25-2012, 03:12 PM
Jonathan Feigen (http://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen): Rockets Royce White and Terrence Jones have signed their rookie deals, source said. Jeremy Lamb expected to sign in coming days. now (http://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/statuses/228220421777018881)

lol Orlando :lol

baseline bum
07-25-2012, 03:18 PM
Sitting on Howard is the dumbest thing they can do IMO.

How so? It's not like next year is a worthy tank year anyways. They're being offered complete crap, Howard has shown he's more about the money than where he plays, and Howard will surely agree to sign the extension somewhere else at the trade deadline when they might be able to peel a decent player or two out of whatever team wants him. What is the point of selling low when him walking for nothing isn't a whole lot worse? The only trade on the table that's reasonable is Bynum and picks, if and only if Bynum signs the extension immediately after. If he came around on signing their extension offer then Orlando should make the trade right away.

Killakobe81
07-25-2012, 03:20 PM
Sitting makes little sense. Whether it be the 3 team with Lakers and Rox or a direct deal with Houston, the offers will NOT get better. The Melo trade, Paul trade and even the Dwill trade were successful because the buying team KNEW they could convince that player to at least sign for one more year or they had the player (dwill) signed to an additional year. Why would the Rox give up more for less than a full season? If they get Dwight now they get buzz, an uptick on tix sales and promotion. They wait until trade deadline they get none of those things. Plus, if they trade now their new GM can flip those expirings for young talent at the deadline. Also if the Rox rookies develop then their value increases unless they flop.

baseline bum
07-25-2012, 03:23 PM
Sitting makes little sense. Whether it be the 3 team with Lakers and Rox or a direct deal with Houston, the offers will NOT get better. The Melo trade, Paul trade and even the Dwill trade were successful because the buying team KNEW they could convince that player to at least sign for one more year or they had the player (dwill) signed to an additional year. Why would the Rox give up more for less than a full season? If they get Dwight now they get buzz, an uptick on tix sales and promotion. They wait until trade deadline they get none of those things. Plus, if they trade now their new GM can flip those expirings for young talent.

What does taking a bad offer get them right now? I have to think more teams are going to try to get him in February when he makes it known he'll sign an extension. Howard's not walking away from the money. If he was, he would already be a Net. I can't understand all of you who think the Magic should fold their hand when the new CBA gives them a lot of leverage.

DPG21920
07-25-2012, 03:27 PM
How so? It's not like next year is a worthy tank year anyways. They're being offered complete crap, Howard has shown he's more about the money than where he plays, and Howard will surely agree to sign the extension somewhere else at the trade deadline when they might be able to peel a decent player or two out of whatever team wants him. What is the point of selling low when him walking for nothing isn't a whole lot worse? The only trade on the table that's reasonable is Bynum and picks, if and only if Bynum signs the extension immediately after. If he came around on signing their extension offer then Orlando should make the trade right away.

The offers won't get any better. It's a massive distraction. HOU's offer is also a solid one from a rebuild perspective with their ability to take multiple bad contracts, send young upside players and give first round picks.

Why would he agree to sign an extension just because it's the trade deadline and not now. If he's about the money, and teams really think that, they will make their offers knowing if they get him (even without a guarantee he will re-sign) he will re-sign due to money a la Dwill if what you say is true. Holding onto him only has one advantage: The possibility he could have a change of heart and stay - but that is so outrageous to think about that it's not enough of a reason to delay this.

ElNono
07-25-2012, 03:27 PM
What does taking a bad offer get them right now? I have to think more teams are going to try to get him in February when he makes it known he'll sign an extension. Howard's not walking away from the money. If he was, he would already be a Net. I can't understand all of you who think the Magic should fold their hand when the new CBA gives them a lot of leverage.

What do the Magic do till February though? Sit on this shitstorm? I like what Utah did with DWill... he wanted out, they shipped his ass out immediately, and started rebuilding... Magic is just postponing the agony

djohn2oo8
07-25-2012, 03:36 PM
Now that they signed White and Jones, they can't be traded for 30 days. Leaving only Lamb and Motiejuanas.

baseline bum
07-25-2012, 03:38 PM
The offers won't get any better. It's a massive distraction. HOU's offer is also a solid one from a rebuild perspective with their ability to take multiple bad contracts, send young upside players and give first round picks.

Houston doesn't have anyone with huge upside and their picks won't be good after getting Howard. Also, DeVos is a billionaire. We're not talking about Peter Holt who's worth $80 million and therefore has to be really careful with costs.

Why would he agree to sign an extension just because it's the trade deadline and not now.

He's bluffing. He had his opportunity to go where he wanted and decided not to take it, because he can't get the full extension in a sign and trade. He will eventually agree to sign an extension with another team. Why are you expecting him to not all of a sudden be about the money when he has already shown he is?

If he's about the money, and teams really think that, they will make their offers knowing if they get him (even without a guarantee he will re-sign) he will re-sign due to money a la Dwill if what you say is true. Holding onto him only has one advantage: The possibility he could have a change of heart and stay - but that is so outrageous to think about that it's not enough of a reason to delay this.

When he agrees to go to more teams they have a much bigger pot of talent to choose from in exchange. It's not like Houston has a Kidd-Gichrist or even a Rivers to offer in exchange like New Jersey did with Favors. Jeremy Lamb is a dime a dozen volume scorer and led UConn to a ridiculously disappointing season last year. Royce White has tons of red flags. Terrence Jones is a talented player with good size, but just isn't enough for Howard. Marcus Morris sucks. I'll give you that Motiejunas is an interesting prospect.

baseline bum
07-25-2012, 03:40 PM
What do the Magic do till February though? Sit on this shitstorm? I like what Utah did with DWill... he wanted out, they shipped his ass out immediately, and started rebuilding... Magic is just postponing the agony

Utah got a bigman who was thought to have enormous upside at the time. Favors hasn't lived up to his hype, but he was considered a far better prospect than anyone Houston can offer.

djohn2oo8
07-25-2012, 03:41 PM
Houston doesn't have anyone with huge upside and their picks won't be good after getting Howard. Also, DeVos is a billionaire. We're not talking about Peter Holt who's worth $80 million and therefore has to be really careful with costs.

He's bluffing. He had his opportunity to go where he wanted and decided not to take it, because he can't get the full extension in a sign and trade. He will eventually agree to sign an extension with another team. Why are you expecting him to not all of a sudden be about the money when he has already shown he is?

When he agrees to go to more teams they have a much bigger pot of talent to choose from in exchange. It's not like Houston has a Kidd-Gichrist or even a Rivers to offer in exchange like New Jersey did with Favors. Jeremy Lamb is a dime a dozen volume scorer and led UConn to a ridiculously disappointing season last year. Royce White has tons of red flags. Terrence Jones is a talented player with good size, but just isn't enough for Howard. Marcus Morris sucks. I'll give you that Motiejunas is an interesting prospect.
Though we wouldn't be giving our picks, Toronto's which is top 3 protected and Dallas's which I don't understand protection on that one.

baseline bum
07-25-2012, 03:44 PM
Though we wouldn't be giving our picks, Toronto's which is top 3 protected and Dallas's which I don't understand protection on that one.

Is the Toronto pick 2013 or 2014? A 2013 pick isn't shit tbh.

Clipper Nation
07-25-2012, 03:46 PM
The solution at this point is clearly to trade his ass to to the Clippers and be done with it, tbh.... :hat

ElNono
07-25-2012, 03:48 PM
Utah got a bigman who was thought to have enormous upside at the time. Favors hasn't lived up to his hype, but he was considered a far better prospect than anyone Houston can offer.

But hindsight is 20/20... what will the Magic land for Dwight? You just don't know. The thing is, until they deal him and start rebuilding it's all wasted time.

djohn2oo8
07-25-2012, 03:50 PM
Is the Toronto pick 2013 or 2014? A 2013 pick isn't shit tbh.
THURSDAY, 2:38pm: The pick going to the Rockets will be top-three protected in 2013, top-two protected in 2014 and 2015, and top-one protected in 2016 and 2017, tweets (https://twitter.com/JeromeSolomon/status/220961754417610753) Jerome Solomon of the Houston Chronicle. Solomon adds that if the pick isn't in the lottery, the Raptors will keep it until the next season. If the pick doesn't meet these criteria for five seasons, Toronto's 2018 first-rounder will be sent to Houston no matter where it lands

http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2012/07/raptors-to-acquire-kyle-lowry.html

baseline bum
07-25-2012, 03:52 PM
But hindsight is 20/20... what will the Magic land for Dwight? You just don't know. The thing is, until they deal him and start rebuilding it's all wasted time.

Next year is a wasted season for them regardless. If the Magic land nothing and Howard walks in the summer, then big deal. If Houston had an Eric Gordon to pair with those picks then I would make the deal in a second, but they don't and I wouldn't. I don't see how you don't gamble here when you don't have a lot to lose.

I just don't see wasting the one asset they have because they're scared of a worst-case scenario that isn't a whole lot worse than the Houston offer.

Question: Do you believe Howard when he says he won't re-sign to where he's traded and do you believe that stance will still hold by February? That is the crux of the argument. I think he's bluffing. Houston clearly does too.

baseline bum
07-25-2012, 03:53 PM
THURSDAY, 2:38pm: The pick going to the Rockets will be top-three protected in 2013, top-two protected in 2014 and 2015, and top-one protected in 2016 and 2017, tweets (https://twitter.com/JeromeSolomon/status/220961754417610753) Jerome Solomon of the Houston Chronicle. Solomon adds that if the pick isn't in the lottery, the Raptors will keep it until the next season. If the pick doesn't meet these criteria for five seasons, Toronto's 2018 first-rounder will be sent to Houston no matter where it lands

http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2012/07/raptors-to-acquire-kyle-lowry.html

So it's most likely a 2013 pick.

djohn2oo8
07-25-2012, 03:55 PM
So it's most likely a 2013 pick.
Most likely, still been reported that Orlando wants it in any deal. Though I must say I'm tired of them dealing with Orlando. It's at the point I'd rather just go young.

djohn2oo8
07-25-2012, 03:58 PM
Also, it makes no sense to sign White, Jones, but not Lamb. Guess we'll see in upcoming days about that. If they trade Lamb, Parsons, AND Motiejuanas, small babies should duck for cover.

ploto
07-25-2012, 04:00 PM
The Magic have no obligation to meet his demands if it does not serve their interests. He had the option to get out and choose what he wanted, but he took the money instead. Let his ass sit there.

ElNono
07-25-2012, 04:00 PM
Question: Do you believe Howard when he says he won't re-sign to where he's traded and do you believe that stance will still hold by February? That is the crux of the argument. I think he's bluffing. Houston clearly does too.

I do believe that with all teams except Lakers or Knicks... I think Knicks are out of the picture. Dwight is Lakers bound, I have zero doubt about it at this point. The only way he doesn't end up there is that his back is damaged goods, IMO.

baseline bum
07-25-2012, 04:01 PM
Howard doesn't have any real leverage now that the sign and trade has been killed by the new CBA.

djohn2oo8
07-25-2012, 04:01 PM
@MarkBermanFox26 Per source: Rockets have signed all of their draft picks: Jeremy Lamb, Royce White, Terrence Jones, and Furkan Aldemir.

ElNono
07-25-2012, 04:02 PM
The only place Dwight makes up those $30 million in endorsements in no time is LA...

TIMMYtoZO
07-25-2012, 04:03 PM
:lmao @ all the teams involved in this Howard saga. Nothing but fail from everyone of them. They are all trying their hardest to create a super team but are looking more and more pathetic. I love being a Heat fan. Seeing teams failing at this is comedy. Laker, Rocket, and Net fans have all gotten their hopes up over this all month and NOTHING has happened. :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

baseline bum
07-25-2012, 04:05 PM
I do believe that with all teams except Lakers or Knicks... I think Knicks are out of the picture. Dwight is Lakers bound, I have zero doubt about it at this point. The only way he doesn't end up there is that his back is damaged goods, IMO.

If I'm Orlando I do that trade in a second if Bynum signs the extension. Only thing is, why does Bynum sign the extension with them? If he says no and kills the Howard trade, then they sign tits to the max extension with the fifth year anyways. Bynum is the guy with leverage here, and he has no reason to give it up to play for a lesser team in a lesser market when he can continue getting paid in LA while still having a supporting that's almost always a title contender around him.

Clipper Nation
07-25-2012, 04:07 PM

Or if they wait until the deadline (at which point he'd probably be Brooklyn bound) or, more likely, don't trade him at all, and then the Lakers wouldn't be able to afford him, tbh.....

baseline bum
07-25-2012, 04:15 PM

But to answer the question, I think he softens that stance at the trade deadline. I think maybe he agrees to go to Golden State. Or he eventually tells OKC he'll re-sign there and Orlando gets Harden+Ibaka+picks. The Lakers deal is still there at the deadline. The Rockets deal probably is too, except now the Magic have more than half a season to see which Houston prospects can actually cut it in the league.

djohn2oo8
07-25-2012, 04:22 PM
I know there are/were shit deals on the table, but how can Orlando try to convince Dwight to stay when Dwight threatened to use legal action against them? Orlando looks like whores right now.

baseline bum
07-25-2012, 04:28 PM
I know there are/were shit deals on the table, but how can Orlando try to convince Dwight to stay when Dwight threatened to use legal action against them? Orlando looks like whores right now.

Even if they can't, he can be convinced to sign an extension elsewhere. That's the whole reason Houston wants to do the trade. If you don't think so, then you should be mad as hell the Rockets are even considering it.

djohn2oo8
07-25-2012, 04:30 PM
Even if they can't, he can be convinced to sign an extension elsewhere. That's the whole reason Houston wants to do the trade. If you don't think so, then you should be mad as hell the Rockets are even considering it.
I understand why the Rockets or anyone else would try, I'm just wondering why would Orlando want to keep him at all after what he pulled. I understand if they couldn't get value back, but not if it's purely out of goodwill.

baseline bum
07-25-2012, 04:34 PM
I understand why the Rockets or anyone else would try, I'm just wondering why would Orlando want to keep him at all after what he pulled. I understand if they couldn't get value back, but not if it's purely out of goodwill.

The same reason the Lakers kept Kobe: because no trade they can do will get them anything close to equal value in return.

ElNono
07-25-2012, 04:38 PM
If I'm Orlando I do that trade in a second if Bynum signs the extension. Only thing is, why does Bynum sign the extension with them? If he says no and kills the Howard trade, then they sign tits to the max extension with the fifth year anyways. Bynum is the guy with leverage here, and he has no reason to give it up to play for a lesser team in a lesser market when he can continue getting paid in LA while still having a supporting that's almost always a title contender around him.

I'm not sure how the salaries match, but why wouldn't the Lakers let Drew walk and open up the capspace to sign Dwight outright when he becomes a free agent?

Mel_13
07-25-2012, 04:41 PM
I agree with baseline bum. There's no reason for Orlando to take a bad deal now. Bad deals will continue to be available from now until the season starts at the end of October. They'll be available on Dec 15th when most of this summer's free agents will be available to be traded. They'll be available on Jan 15th when the remaining summer signings will be available to be traded. And they'll be available at the February trade deadline. Howard's an extremely valuable asset. There's every reason to play out the scenario for as long as it takes to get an acceptable deal.

TDMVPDPOY
07-25-2012, 04:42 PM
htf is d12 going to take legal action when the trade deadline is not till feb?...this guy is nothing but a clown

Mel_13
07-25-2012, 04:43 PM
I'm not sure how the salaries match, but why wouldn't the Lakers let Drew walk and open up the capspace to sign Dwight outright when he becomes a free agent?

Because Kobe+Pau+Steve already reaches or approaches the salary cap. The Lakers will be about 40M over the cap this season.

Koolaid_Man
07-25-2012, 04:49 PM

It's a racial issue..the new GM thinks he's so intellectually superior and can talk this nigga down...:lol

Seriously...Hennigan says he's not trading Dwight unless he gets equal value...He's either delusional or just fucking with Dwight...I think it's both..He had a taste if success in OKC and that success is the same thing that will drive him off the cliff...the longer he waits the worse it gets for him...and man I might just die of laughter if he waits till Jan and then trades him to Brooklyn...no way they let him walk...either LA, Houston, or Dallas should end up with him..Unless Hennigan and OKC pull a Mchale and Ainge (ala Garnett) on us...:lol

Koolaid_Man
07-25-2012, 04:52 PM
Because Kobe+Pau+Steve already reaches or approaches the salary cap. The Lakers will be about 40M over the cap this season.

You don't know what the fuck you're talking about :lol

Koolaid_Man
07-25-2012, 04:54 PM
I agree with baseline bum. There's no reason for Orlando to take a bad deal now. Bad deals will continue to be available from now until the season starts at the end of October. They'll be available on Dec 15th when most of this summer's free agents will be available to be traded. They'll be available on Jan 15th when the remaining summer signings will be available to be traded. And they'll be available at the February trade deadline. Howard's an extremely valuable asset. There's every reason to play out the scenario for as long as it takes to get an acceptable deal.

you guys are silly and stupid as fuck :lol

listen it's an even worse deal for any team trading away their key assets for Dwight in Feb only to have him walk after a few months :lol

baseline bum
07-25-2012, 04:54 PM

They'd have to amnesty Kobe and renounce Bynum to get far enough under the cap to sign Howard outright. Amnestying Gasol or Artest wouldn't cut it.

ElNono
07-25-2012, 04:55 PM

Yeah, looking at the salaries, that $28m for Kobe is a killer... With the cap at probably somewhere in the $60m next season, they would only have $11m if they amnesty World Peace and don't really count anybody else.

lol Steve Blake sucking up $4 million

Mel_13
You don't know what the fuck you're talking about :lol

Look it up.

Koolaid_Man

that's a viable option but also risky...we're not just gonna let Bynum walk unlesss we know we sure we got Dwight

ElNono
They'd have to amnesty Kobe and renounce Bynum to get far enough under the cap to sign Howard outright. Amnestying Gasol or Artest wouldn't cut it.

What's the max contract worth these days? Gasol is set to make $19 million next season.

DPG21920
07-25-2012, 04:56 PM

Except if the deals aren't good now, there is not a whole lot of hope about them improving. Not to mention you have this massive cloud hanging over your franchise with no direction to start the season and massive distractions.

ElNono
07-25-2012, 04:56 PM
that's a viable option but also risky...we're not just gonna let Bynum walk unlesss we know we sure we got Dwight

You have to wonder if that's what delaying Drew being offered an extension...

baseline bum
07-25-2012, 04:57 PM
What's the max contract worth these days? Gasol is set to make $19 million next season.

Howard's max salary he can sign for will be $20.22 million.

Koolaid_Man
07-25-2012, 04:57 PM
Look it up.

nope..I think we're 20 over plus another 20-30 in Lux tax penalties if not mistaken

baseline bum
07-25-2012, 04:59 PM
Except if the deals aren't good now, there is not a whole lot of hope about them improving. Not to mention you have this massive cloud hanging over your franchise with no direction to start the season and massive distractions.

Him leaving for garbage leaves a massive cloud over the Magic's season too. It's inevitable that next year is going to be a very dark year in Orlando Magic history. They have absolutely nothing they can use to rebuild other than Howard, so they can't blink and take a bad offer.

Koolaid_Man
07-25-2012, 04:59 PM
You have to wonder if that's what delaying Drew being offered an extension...

they're gonna try and extend Bynum..he'll say no because he wants a 5th yr...but we're fucked if we sign him to Max deal..Bynum is looking for a max deal and he isn't worth but they'll pay it to prevent from losing him..Pau will gone and Kobe will be playing at a reduced rate so it won't hurt as bad...but Bynum will suck ass in 3 more yrs...he won't be getting any better IMHO...

Mel_13
07-25-2012, 05:00 PM
nope..I think we're 20 over plus another 20-30 in Lux tax penalties if not mistaken

You're mistaken. Look it up.

ElNono
07-25-2012, 05:02 PM
Howard's max salary he can sign for will be $20.22 million.

yeah, to clear that much room they would need to wipe gasol and move metta for some shit picks... not that they wouldn't do it...

baseline bum
07-25-2012, 05:03 PM
I think the Magic's contract situation is grossly overblown here. Back when they had Lewis/Arenas and Turkoglu was inked longterm, yes, they were in a horrible situation financially. But now Hedo is the only bad contract on the team and it only has two years left. On top of that, they have one of the 3 or 4 richest owners in the league, so he can take a bit of a salary hit in the short term to keep from crippling the franchise in the long term by straight salary dumps without good assets coming back right now.

Mel_13
07-25-2012, 05:03 PM

Then they get a high lottery pick and that may be part of the plan. If they view this as a lost season, then there is no down side to waiting it out.

baseline bum
07-25-2012, 05:04 PM
yeah, to clear that much room they would need to wipe gasol and move metta for some shit picks... not that they wouldn't do it...

That still doesn't get them $20 million in capspace unless the league has a really profitable year next season and the salary cap shoots up significantly.

ElNono
07-25-2012, 05:05 PM
Right now the Laker's "large" contracts for next season look like this (according to sham):
- Kobe: $28m
- Gasol: $19m
- Nash: $9m
- Metta: $7m
- Blake: $4m

That's a total of $67 million... Salary cap will likely be $60 million.

So they would need to wipe around $27 million to both get under the cap and be able to offer a max deal...

Koolaid_Man
Him leaving for garbage leaves a massive cloud over the Magic's season too. It's inevitable that next year is going to be a very dark year in Orlando Magic history. They have absolutely nothing they can use to rebuild other than Howard, so they can't blink and take a bad offer.

dude I didn't think anyone but could that insensitive to moral truth :lol (look up the Hebrew meaning for that statement)

It's not like Miami is offering Lebron and Wade, or LA is offering Dwight and Pau, or OKC is offering Durant and Westbrook....is that the "good" deal you're looking for you...:lmao it ain't happening..therefore every offer will be bad...you can't get a good deal out of angry Superstar..you're always in the losing position..just depends on how long you want to prolong that misery :lol

Koolaid_Man
^ I meant Bynum and Pau

ElNono
07-25-2012, 05:07 PM
I take that back... Salary cap might be $60m at best... that's $27m they need to clear... might not be enough with Metta+Gasol... they would need to get rid of Blake too...

ElNono
07-25-2012, 05:08 PM
The other question is... are the Lakers better with just Dwight vs Bynum-Gasol?

baseline bum
07-25-2012, 05:09 PM
Kobe is due $30.5 million in 2013-14. Nash $9.3 million. Blake $4.0 million. $4.4 million cap hit for 9 contracts under 12. That leaves them $13.8 million under a $62 million cap by amnestying Gasol and salary dumping Artest. Not even close to what Howard will want.

DPG21920
07-25-2012, 05:09 PM

Not really - you eliminate the distraction, the horrific drama and team morale and you get direction.

They are getting a bad offer (if you think what is offered now is bad) because there is no reason for teams to up their offer the longer ORL waits IMO.

ElNono
07-25-2012, 05:10 PM
Kobe is due $30.5 million in 2013-14. Nash $9.3 million. Blake $4.0 million. $4.4 million cap hit for 9 contracts under 12. That leaves them $13.8 million under a $62 million cap.

Oh shit.. I was looking at the 2012-2013 column :lol

Mel_13
07-25-2012, 05:11 PM
Not really - you eliminate the distraction, the horrific drama and team morale and you get direction.

They are getting a bad offer (if you think what is offered now is bad) because there is no reason for teams to up their offer the longer ORL waits IMO.

Denver got more for Melo by waiting.

Killakobe81
07-25-2012, 05:12 PM
Then they get a high lottery pick and that may be part of the plan. If they view this as a lost season, then there is no down side to waiting it out.

How does keeping Dwight help them tank? And I get their cap is not bad. But why not dump whatever you can? If they did 3 way they get 2 teams to eat their remaining bad contracts. They deal with Houston you force them to at least eat two. I don't blame them for negotiating, but I do think waiting for trade deadline is unwise.

baseline bum
07-25-2012, 05:13 PM

Do you think Howard is dead serious about extending nowhere? Because that's the only way your argument that offers won't get better makes sense.

Also, how good was team morale in Cleveland the year after LeBron left?

pass1st
07-25-2012, 05:14 PM
The other question is... are the Lakers better with just Dwight vs Bynum-Gasol?

More future proof, Gasol is old and even if Bynum stays healthy his knee won't hold up to his late 20s well.

DPG21920
07-25-2012, 05:16 PM
Do you think Howard is dead serious about extending nowhere? Because that's the only way your argument that offers won't get better makes sense.

I'm sure the morale was better than if he would have stayed and created the circus that Dwight has.

So you think the pressure of hitting FA will get so great on DH by the approaching trade deadline that he will agree to sign an extension and teams will up their offers? That doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

Just thinking logically - if teams truly believed what you are saying, wouldn't they make their best offer to just get Dwigth now knowing he's all about the money and will sign an extension to keep that money regardless of where he plays? If a team is wanting confirmation that Dwight will re-sign, it's because the GM's legitimately think he will walk in FA if traded there.

Koolaid_Man
07-25-2012, 05:17 PM

You sound like a child consulting his daddy...man up nigga!!! Have some pride

DPG21920

Melo's top desitination had a lot more assets than Dwights. Melo also said he would extend in NY so they could afford to cough up more. Like CP3 agreeing to opt in to another year for LA.

Dwight is not doing that.

djohn2oo8
Melo wasn't the distraction/headache Dwight was publicly and privately.

DPG21920
07-25-2012, 05:18 PM
Or to even take it a step further - if Dwight's all about the money, ORL shouldn't trade him because he will be forced to sign with ORL for more money.

djohn2oo8
07-25-2012, 05:19 PM
Alex Kennedy (http://twitter.com/AlexKennedyNBA): Orlando Magic general manager Rob Hennigan and his staff are currently meeting with Dwight Howard in Los Angeles, according to sources. 2 minutes ago (http://twitter.com/AlexKennedyNBA/statuses/228251822006083586)

Mel_13
07-25-2012, 05:19 PM
How does keeping Dwight help them tank? And I get their cap is not bad. But why not dump whatever you can? If they did 3 way they get 2 teams to eat their remaining bad contracts. They deal with Houston you force them to at least eat two. I don't blame them for negotiating, but I do think waiting for trade deadline is unwise.

As I said, bad deals will be available at all points from now until the deadline. The only way to get a price they deem satisfactory is to play it out. In the end they may get less than what is on the table now, but selling now removes all possibility of a better deal.

baseline bum
07-25-2012, 05:20 PM
How does keeping Dwight help them tank?

I agree. It doesn't. Since this draft is pretty shitty, it's not a huge opportunity cost to lose out on a high pick in order to get value for Howard.

And I get their cap is not bad. But why not dump whatever you can? If they did 3 way they get 2 teams to eat their remaining bad contracts.They deal with Houston you force them to at least eat two. I don't blame them for negotiating, but I do think waiting for trade deadline is unwise.

Why dump contracts that aren't that bad in lieu of getting assets when your financial situation is strong enough to worry about the long-term instead of the short? For most owners I could see the argument about the salary now mattering, but not for one of the richest people in the world like DeVos. As it stands now they already have tons of capspace for the summer of 2014 and even a good amount of capspace for next summer ($42 million committed for 2013-14).

Mel_13
07-25-2012, 05:20 PM
Melo's top desitination had a lot more assets than Dwights. Melo also said he would extend in NY so they could afford to cough up more. Like CP3 agreeing to opt in to another year for LA.

Not yet.

DPG21920
07-25-2012, 05:21 PM
I guess we just disagree on what is a bad deal. I mean to me, getting multiple 1st rounders and insta-cap space from HOU with a couple solid (even if not spectacular) young players seems to be pretty damn good.

Koolaid_Man
Alex Kennedy (http://twitter.com/AlexKennedyNBA): Orlando Magic general manager Rob Hennigan and his staff are currently meeting with Dwight Howard in Los Angeles, according to sources. 2 minutes ago (http://twitter.com/AlexKennedyNBA/statuses/228251822006083586)

If Dwight wants to walk away with his manhood intact..I better see tweets that he's doubled down on his trade demands and will walk away from Orlando if they keep him...anything else and he's a neutered man

baseline bum

Melo could hold on his threat of not extending because you could still do sign and trades for hometown contracts. That's gone now.

DPG21920
Not yet.

There is the risk ORL has vs what DEN had. Melo from the start said he would re-sign and NY happened to have assets. Its not apples to apple no matter how long you wait.

Mel_13
Melo wasn't the distraction/headache Dwight was publicly and privately.

Before the Dwightmare there was the Melodrama.

Koolaid_Man
07-25-2012, 05:23 PM
I agree. It doesn't. Since this draft is pretty shitty, it's not a huge opportunity cost to lose out on a high pick in order to get value for Howard.

Why dump contracts that aren't that bad in lieu of getting assets when your financial situation is strong enough to worry about the long-term instead of the short? For most owners I could see the argument about the salary now mattering, but not for one of the richest people in the world like DeVos. As it stands now they already have tons of capspace for the summer of 2014 and even a good amount of capspace for next summer ($42 million committed for 2013-14).

don't you have your own shitty ass team to worry bout

baseline bum
07-25-2012, 05:24 PM
So you think the pressure of hitting FA will get so great on DH by the approaching trade deadline that he will agree to sign an extension and teams will up their offers? That doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

Yes. It is the only way Howard can get max raises and a fifth year. If he didn't badly want those two things he would have opted out and signed in Brooklyn. Howard has shown his hand.

Just thinking logically - if teams truly believed what you are saying, wouldn't they make their best offer to just get Dwigth now knowing he's all about the money and will sign an extension to keep that money regardless of where he plays? If a team is wanting confirmation that Dwight will re-sign, it's because the GM's legitimately think he will walk in FA if traded there.

Because it's still a gamble until he actually agrees.

Mel_13
07-25-2012, 05:24 PM
There is the risk ORL has vs what DEN had. Melo from the start said he would re-sign and NY happened to have assets. Its not apples to apple no matter how long you wait.

Who said it was apples to apples? It was an example of the benefits of waiting. Obviously there are differences as well as similarities.

The bottom line, from my perspective anyway, is that the potential benefits of waiting outweigh the potential costs.

baseline bum
07-25-2012, 05:25 PM
don't you have your own shitty ass team to worry bout

Why don't you make a thread to call me out and quit interrupting when grown people are talking here?

DPG21920
07-25-2012, 05:25 PM
Also, the leverage from the new CBA is slightly over-exaggerated IMO. The only difference in the contracts is guaranteed number of years. For a young player, taking a 4 year, 80M v a 5 year, 100M seems like a big difference until you realize that if you are still playing at a high level, you will get that 5th year and not lose anything really.

It definitely presents more risk, but it's slightly exagerrated IMO. With Dwill, it was more in play, but also the fact was that Dallas couldn't build around him instantly because they blew it and the money they had available wasn't going to allow that. So at that point, Dwill probably said I'll take the more, safer bet.

djohn2oo8
07-25-2012, 05:26 PM
Before the Dwightmare there was the Melodrama.
Melo said he would re-sign. Dwight's own stupidity is what caused Dwightmare and saying he would re-sign only in Brooklyn, plus getting Van Gundy fired.

DPG21920
07-25-2012, 05:26 PM
Yes. It is the only way Howard can get max raises and a fifth year. If he badly want those two things he would have opted out and signed in Brooklyn. Howard has shown his hand.

Because it's still a gamble until he actually agrees.

You are saying it's not a gamble. You are saying Dwight showed his hand. That leads me to believe you think he's not about the money - at least to the point to where you don't fully believe that's all he's about.

Mel_13
07-25-2012, 05:29 PM
Also, the leverage from the new CBA is slightly over-exaggerated IMO. The only difference in the contracts is guaranteed number of years. For a young player, taking a 4 year, 80M v a 5 year, 100M seems like a big difference until you realize that if you are still playing at a high level, you will get that 5th year and not lose anything really.

It definitely presents more risk, but it's slightly exagerrated IMO. With Dwill, it was more in play, but also the fact was that Dallas couldn't build around him instantly because they blew it and the money they had available wasn't going to allow that. So at that point, Dwill probably said I'll take the more, safer bet.

That would seem to be logical, but the lure of the 5th guaranteed year has to be factored in until the first FA turns down a 5yr deal with bigger raises to take a 4yr deal with smaller raises.

baseline bum
07-25-2012, 05:30 PM
You are saying it's not a gamble. You are saying Dwight showed his hand. That leads me to believe you think he's not about the money - at least to the point to where you don't fully believe that's all he's about.

Incorrect. Teams want to protect against a worst-case scenario if they're going to give up great assets.

Mel_13
07-25-2012, 05:30 PM
Melo said he would re-sign. Dwight's own stupidity is what caused Dwightmare and saying he would re-sign only in Brooklyn, plus getting Van Gundy fired.

Melo said he would only sign an extension with the Knicks.

baseline bum
07-25-2012, 05:32 PM

I would agree with you if I was in Howard's shoes, but he has shown he wants that fifth year enough to sabotage going to the team he was so in love with.

DPG21920
07-25-2012, 05:34 PM
Incorrect. Teams want to protect against a worst-case scenario if they're going to give up great assets.

That just makes very little overall logical sense to me. If Dwight showed his hand, it is what it is. Actions speak louder than words. With all of this drama, the deals won't get any better because even if Dwight is forced into agreeing to re-sign, you couldn't trust it because you know it was just for the money and he will force his way out of there as soon as he gets it.

It just doesn't pass the logic test to me. There is a huge difference in agreeing to re-sign and what you are saying - being leverage into it. With all this drama, no one that Dwight reluctantly agrees to re-sign with will give up anything major because that risk is still there and there are no guarantees (he will hit FA regardless of whether he says he will agree or not - just like Dwill, so you run a major risk and he as a player is under no obligations to honor anything he says).

Koolaid_Man
07-25-2012, 05:35 PM

Hey Djohn baby...stop getting your panties in a twist...my sources tell me that Dwight will be traded to Houston...Hennigan is looking out for his legacy in OKC and in Orlando...He doesn't want to trade with the Lakers even if it is the best deal for his team in trading for the 2nd best center in the league...

He spent a great deal of time building the Magic and doesn't want to see Dwight go to LA to help stop them..He also has the cover of the bitter Shaq departure to LA back in 94 to help appease the Orlando fans..so even if he makes a trade not based on what's good for the Magic but rather his legacy no one will ever call him out on it..well that is except for Kool :toast

Koolaid_Man
07-25-2012, 05:36 PM
I meant ^ He spent a great deal of time building the Thunder

DPG21920
07-25-2012, 05:37 PM
I get what BB and Mel are saying - I just disagree about the benefits of waiting for the reasons I posted. Either way, not looking good so we just have to see how ORL pulls out of this.

baseline bum
07-25-2012, 05:42 PM
That just makes very little overall logical sense to me. If Dwight showed his hand, it is what it is. Actions speak louder than words. With all of this drama, the deals won't get any better because even if Dwight is forced into agreeing to re-sign, you couldn't trust it because you know it was just for the money and he will force his way out of there as soon as he gets it.

It just doesn't pass the logic test to me. There is a huge difference in agreeing to re-sign and what you are saying - being leverage into it. With all this drama, no one that Dwight reluctantly agrees to re-sign with will give up anything major because that risk is still there and there are no guarantees (he will hit FA regardless of whether he says he will agree or not - just like Dwill, so you run a major risk and he as a player is under no obligations to honor anything he says).

Do you buy fire insurance on your house? Do you think it's going to burn down?

Killakobe81
07-25-2012, 05:42 PM

But here is whete we agree. So waiting decreases leverage right now any team interested in a rental at least get a full year to convince Dwight. Maybe you could get a mega deal with multiple teams. But as time moves on so do teams.

baseline bum
07-25-2012, 05:45 PM
But here is whete we agree. So waiting decreases leverage right now any team interested in a rental at least get a full year to convince Dwight. Maybe you could get a mega deal with multiple teams. But as time moves on so do teams.

I just don't see him standing firm on his no extension pledge. Houston trades for him because they don't have a whole lot to lose in the off-chance he actually means it when he says he signs elsewhere.

But once that no-extension pledge dies, good offers will come rolling in. Howard will have to make that choice in February instead of putting it off until July like he could do if Houston trades for him.

djohn2oo8
07-25-2012, 05:47 PM
Exactly. I read somewhere the Lakers FO got so pissed at Orlando for keep tweaking the deal, they backed off to cool off somewhat. So Orlando has to decide.

Killakobe81
07-25-2012, 05:49 PM

This. My huckleberry is on fire. I get not wanting a bad deal but waiting is silly. Rox can offer the best straight deal, Lakers the best 3 way. Choose one and tank the season. Play some of those young Rox players. Make sure Lamb, Parsons and White go to Magic

baseline bum
07-25-2012, 05:52 PM
This. My huckleberry is on fire. I get not wanting a bad deal but waiting is silly. Rox can offer the best straight deal, Lakers the best 3 way. Choose one and tank the season. Play some of those young Rox players. Make sure Lamb, Parsons and White go to Magic

Why is waiting silly if you don't want a bad deal? The season doesn't start for 3 months and the Houston deal isn't going to go away. Maybe you get lucky and Bynum gets so sick of the drama he agrees to sign the extension in Orlando. That would be awful to lose that because you had to make a bad trade with Houston today.

Killakobe81
07-25-2012, 05:53 PM

Or that foreign guy from their summer league squad. Rox have some great young talent, no stars but make sure you get at least 3 if a straight deal. If 3 way Magic can't be as greedy

DPG21920
07-25-2012, 05:55 PM
Yes. It could.

Do you think a team is going to feel any safer because a guy like Dwight who only cares about getting his money is leveraged into saying he will agree to re-sign with you when he has caused all this chaos and could be re-signed then force his way out or not ever re-sign when he says he would and just walk in FA?

Mel_13
07-25-2012, 05:58 PM
Why is waiting silly if you don't want a bad deal? The season doesn't start for 3 months and the Houston deal isn't going to go away. Maybe you get lucky and Bynum gets so sick of the drama he agrees to sign the extension in Orlando. That would be awful to lose that because you had to make a bad trade with Houston today.

This.

All the reports suggest that Orlando wants a combination of young players, draft picks, and cap relief. Houston can offer all of those and presumably has an offer on the table. Why is it so hard to believe that Houston will increase it's offer as we get closer to opening night? It's a far more likely scenario, IMO, than one in which they take assets out of the offer or rescind the offer altogether.

Killakobe81

I think if they are 100% sold on Drew, they could get him to re-sign in Orlando. I don't blame Rox for going after the bigger star but they could also get him re-sign as well. Magic just trying to decide if they want a proven all-star or straight prospects. Very few teams can offer both, and are willing to eat shitty contracts, hence the 3 way deal rumors.

DPG21920
I just don't see him standing firm on his no extension pledge. Houston trades for him because they don't have a whole lot to lose in the off-chance he actually means it when he says he signs elsewhere.

But once that no-extension pledge dies, good offers will come rolling in. Howard will have to make that choice in February instead of putting it off until July like he could do if Houston trades for him.

There is no reason for teams to up their offers. None. Even if Dwight is held at financial gun point and verbally says "I agree to re-sign if traded" this entire circus with him flip-flopping will cause severe doubt - especially if he had 0 interest before he was force to agree.

It is the exact reason ORL won't just tell him "we are not trading you - we know you want the money and we can offer the most and you will be forced into re-signing with us".

They know even if he re-signs, he will create chaos and force his way out shortly after.

baseline bum
07-25-2012, 05:59 PM
Or that foreign guy from their summer league squad. Rox have some great young talent, no stars but make sure you get at least 3 if a straight deal. If 3 way Magic can't be as greedy

Nah, great young talent is guys like Eric Gordon, Russell Westbrook, John Wall, DeMarcus Cousins, and so on. Houston has a lot of B-level talent.

Killakobe81
07-25-2012, 06:00 PM
This.

All the reports suggest that Orlando wants a combination of young players, draft picks, and cap relief. Houston can offer all of those and presumably has an offer on the table. Why is it so hard to believe that Houston will increase it's offer as we get closer to opening night? It's a far more likely scenario, IMO, than one in which they take assets out of the offer or rescind the offer altogether.

Because increasing offer by giving up more players or eating more shit contracts makes Rox even LESS desirable ... Why would Dwight stay?

Mel_13
07-25-2012, 06:02 PM
There is no reason for teams to up their offers. None. Even if Dwight is held at financial gun point and verbally says "I agree to re-sign if traded" this entire circus with him flip-flopping will cause severe doubt - especially if he had 0 interest before he was force to agree.

It is the exact reason ORL won't just tell him "we are not trading you - we know you want the money and we can offer the most and you will be forced into re-signing with us".

They know even if he re-signs, he will create chaos and force his way out shortly after.

I don't believe it gets that far, but if it does then all the leverage shifts to Orlando. They'll be able to trade a Dwight Howard who is locked up for five years.

DPG21920

This.

It very well could go away. If ORL waits then has to come to HOU because there is no other takers, HOU can easily say here is our final offer and make it less. They could also move on entirely. Things can change either way and HOU might get another offer from someone they feel is better. Lots of reasons to believe it could get worse for ORL.

At this point, HOU can't really up their offer too much. They are meeting all the demands to the best of their abilities.

Killakobe81
Nah, great young talent is guys like Eric Gordon, Russell Westbrook, John Wall, DeMarcus Cousins, and so on. Houston has a lot of B-level talent.

You are right, great is exaggerating, good young talent with potential

DPG21920
I don't believe it gets that far, but if it does then all the leverage shifts to Orlando. They'll be able to trade a Dwight Howard who is locked up for five years.

In theory, yes, but we have tangible proof that players can absolutely cripple and hold franchises hostage. The same rules apply and if Dwight is screaming "if you trade me here I will make it hell", not much leverage imo.

baseline bum
07-25-2012, 06:03 PM

Dwight wanting out of Orlando is completely warranted with how hideous a team they put around him; it's basically the same situation LeBron was in when playing for Cleveland. You're making Howard sound like an unreasonable person for wanting out of there, as if he'd pull the same act anywhere else after signing an extension.

djohn2oo8
07-25-2012, 06:04 PM
Houston won't up their offer for the simple fact they have an alternative to trading for Dwight by simply rebuilding and going young.

Mel_13
Because increasing offer by giving up more players or eating more shit contracts makes Rox even LESS desirable ... Why would Dwight stay?

IMO, not the right question. The right question is: Why wouldn't Houston increase it's offer when faced with the possibility of losing any chance of acquiring Howard?

DPG21920
He is unreasonable, but that is not the point. You didn't address the logic of why other teams won't take Howard for his word if he is forced at gun point to agree to "re-sign" if traded.

DPG21920
07-25-2012, 06:06 PM
IMO, not the right question. The right question is: Why wouldn't Houston increase it's offer when faced with the possibility of losing any chance of acquiring Howard?

Because they have nothing left to offer above what they are giving now along with the fact that at some point, all deals lose their luster. Not to mention, they might be able to get a deal from someone else that they feel is almost as good with less headache.

Mel_13
In theory, yes, but we have tangible proof that players can absolutely cripple and hold franchises hostage. The same rules apply and if Dwight is screaming "if you trade me here I will make it hell", not much leverage imo.

In that unlikely scenario, they'll be multiple acceptable destinations. I'm not suggesting that Orlando will deal him to Sacramento or Milwaukee.

djohn2oo8
Why would they? Not like they're on the verge of being contenders.

baseline bum
07-25-2012, 06:07 PM
He is unreasonable, but that is not the point. You didn't address the logic of why other teams won't take Howard for his word if he is forced at gun point to agree to "re-sign" if traded.

He's not being forced at gun-point. :lol

You're trying to make every front office Orlando.

Mel_13
07-25-2012, 06:08 PM
Because they have nothing left to offer above what they are giving now along with the fact that at some point, all deals lose their luster. Not to mention, they might be able to get a deal from someone else that they feel is almost as good with less headache.

We really have no idea what they're offering now. Just lots of guesses, most of them from sources that are anonymous, biased or both.

Mel_13
07-25-2012, 06:10 PM
Why would they? Not like they're on the verge of being contenders.

1. You don't what their current offer is.

2. You don't know how much more it would take to get Orlando to bite.

3. So you don't know why they would or wouldn't increase the offer.

DPG21920
07-25-2012, 06:10 PM
If you are saying the goal is to wait him out until the trade deadline where he will "change" his stance - that is exactly what it is. If you force him to say "I'll re-sign" in order to get his money, the destination doesn't become more desirable to him.

He has teams on his list - I don't see that changing just because ORL waits him out. He will still end up traded to the 3 most likely teams and waiting wont change that and the offers are pretty much what they are. They can only go backwards IMO, not too much more forward so why hassle with the headache at that point to milk an extra dollar.

Killakobe81
07-25-2012, 06:12 PM

Djohn answers that. Rox have drafted well being in the middle of the first round the past 3 years. They flipped Budinget a second rounder for a first and nabbed the white man's Scottie Pippen last year. The team and the fans can start to fall in love with their own players. Visit the clutch site many don't want Parsons to go in a potential Dwight deal haven't been there since the summer league started, I bet Lamb is Ray Allen 2.0.over there

djohn2oo8
1. You don't what their current offer is.

2. You don't know how much more it would take to get Orlando to bite.

3. So you don't know why they would or wouldn't increase the offer.
I do know why they wouldn't increase it. They don't NEED Dwight. They want him, but won't sell the farm for him when they have young, cheap talent and can rebuild. (Excluding Lin and Asik :lol

DPG21920
What will happen IMO, is ORL will end up looking very incompetent (which they already do with the pulling in and out of deals) because they will take a deal that has already been discussed and have caused a lot more damage by waiting (from a PR perspective, morale, ....).

baseline bum
07-25-2012, 06:13 PM
You are right, great is exaggerating, good young talent with potential

That's just way too little in exchange for one of the truly transcendent players in the game right now when you're not bent completely over the table like Cleveland was with James. I get there is no way the Magic get anything even approaching equal value, but that's just giving him away.

baseline bum
07-25-2012, 06:14 PM
What will happen IMO, is ORL will end up looking very incompetent (which they already do with the pulling in and out of deals) because they will take a deal that has already been discussed and have caused a lot more damage by waiting (from a PR perspective, morale, ....).

What was Cleveland's morale when James left? The Magic's morale next season is going to be in the shitter no matter what happens short of landing an extended Bynum.

Mel_13
07-25-2012, 06:14 PM
If you are saying the goal is to wait him out until the trade deadline where he will "change" his stance - that is exactly what it is. If you force him to say "I'll re-sign" in order to get his money, the destination doesn't become more desirable to him.

He has teams on his list - I don't see that changing just because ORL waits him out. He will still end up traded to the 3 most likely teams and waiting wont change that and the offers are pretty much what they are. They can only go backwards IMO, not too much more forward so why hassle with the headache at that point to milk an extra dollar.

It that were true, then you would be right. It appears that Orlando does not believe it to be true. It appears that their view is that the offers can only get a little worse, but the possibility exists for them to get much better. Enough so to be worth the hassle.

DPG21920
07-25-2012, 06:15 PM
Dude, there is a huge difference when you have this cancer in your franchise and lockerroom vs when you don't.

I'm not saying it's going to be happyville in the lockerroom with Dwight gone and this stupid drama over; however, there is no denying it will be miles better than if it drags on.

baseline bum
07-25-2012, 06:15 PM
I do know why they wouldn't increase it. They don't NEED Dwight. They want him, but won't sell the farm for him when they have young, cheap talent and can rebuild. (Excluding Lin and Asik :lol

Houston's farm isn't shit. :lol

That's why the Magic keep turning down their offer.

djohn2oo8
07-25-2012, 06:17 PM
Houston's farm isn't shit. :lol

That's why the Magic keep turning down their offer.
No. Houston won't offer up everything Orlando wants, which is why you see them going to talk to Dwight. They're going to HAVE to take less if Dwight re-iterates his wish. You don't go into negotiations desperate.

baseline bum
Dude, there is a huge difference when you have this cancer in your franchise and lockerroom vs when you don't.

I'm not saying it's going to be happyville in the lockerroom with Dwight gone and this stupid drama over; however, there is no denying it will be miles better than if it drags on.

Miles better? Remember Cleveland being so demoralised they lost 25 straight? Besides, I don't think Howard can hold out until the trade deadline with his no extension pledge. I bet he waives it by the new year if he enters the season on their roster.

DPG21920
It that were true, then you would be right. It appears that Orlando does not believe it to be true. It appears that their view is that the offers can only get a little worse, but the possibility exists for them to get much better. Enough so to be worth the hassle.

It appears to me that ORL management is inept.

If it were true that teams know Dwight is only about the money and he will re-sign where ever he is traded - teams would make their best offers. A team watching ORL use the money tactic to wait Howard out and force him to say "I will re-sign" to gain leverage will know they can't trust Dwight at his word because of all this.

Mel_13
07-25-2012, 06:18 PM

I'm confused.

Weren't you the guy telling everyone why Houston had to go all in for Dwight?

That it was the only way out of perpetual mediocrity?

That if Dwight didn't stay they could go straight to the bottom and get the high lottery picks that they've been missing with their string of middle of the pack finishes?

djohn2oo8
07-25-2012, 06:20 PM
I'm confused.

Weren't you the guy telling everyone why Houston had to go all in for Dwight?

That it was the only way out of perpetual mediocrity?

That if Dwight didn't stay they could go straight to the bottom and get the high lottery picks that they've been missing with their string of middle of the pack finishes?
Either way, they still could get a top pick. I was on board for going all in for Dwight, but I see Orlando has no choice but to trade him sooner rather than later. And when demand is low, price drops, or at least it should.

baseline bum
07-25-2012, 06:21 PM
No. Houston won't offer up everything Orlando wants, which is why you see them going to talk to Dwight. They're going to HAVE to take less if Dwight re-iterates his wish. You don't go into negotiations desperate.

They're going back and talking to Dwight because he's a first ballot Hall of Famer and because they likely won't get another player of his level for a decade at least. The Kobe situation looked every bit as toxic but Buss didn't roll over and all was forgiven. Not that I think that happens in this case, but you gotta try when the options are awful.

Mel_13
07-25-2012, 06:21 PM

They've been inept for several years. I think that it's way too early to put that label on Hennigan. Trading Howard will be bad for Orlando, but they have no choice but to trade him. Hennigan is trying to mitigate the damage caused by that trade.

baseline bum
07-25-2012, 06:22 PM
Either way, they still could get a top pick. I was on board for going all in for Dwight, but I see Orlando has no choice but to trade him sooner rather than later. And when demand is low, price drops, or at least it should.

The demand is at rock-bottom right now! :lol

djohn2oo8
07-25-2012, 06:23 PM
They're going back and talking to Dwight because he's a first ballot Hall of Famer and because they likely won't get another player of his level for a decade at least. The Kobe situation looked every bit as toxic but Buss didn't roll over and all was forgiven. Not that I think this happens in that case, but you gotta try when the options are awful.
True they won't get full value back, but Orlando lost leverage everytime Dwight's "Sources" said he's still trying to get to Brooklyn.

djohn2oo8
The demand is at rock-bottom right now! :lol
:lol

Latarian Milton
there's really no concern of your big-name FA not re-signing under the new CBA, especially for the bitchmade ones like Deron and DH. niggas won't leave 30m or shit on table and sign with a great team to contend for championships, deron made the right choice between money and rings, and DH will make a similar one when it's his time

Mel_13

I thought that was you.

tesseractive
07-25-2012, 06:24 PM
Houston won't up their offer for the simple fact they have an alternative to trading for Dwight by simply rebuilding and going young.

Rebuilding or not, do they really want to go into the season with 10 power forwards on their roster or whatever it is?

baseline bum
07-25-2012, 06:24 PM
True they won't get full value back, but Orlando lost leverage everytime Dwight's "Sources" said he's still trying to get to Brooklyn.

LA and Houston are the only ones who ever had anything on that table not involving a long extension for Humphries, so Orlando lost nothing from those leaks.

djohn2oo8
07-25-2012, 06:26 PM
I thought that was you.
It was, then I stepped back and asked why not lowball them when the only competition is the Lakers. And the Lakers would need a third team to get it done anyway.

Latarian Milton
07-25-2012, 06:26 PM

there's a big difference between a happy DH vs. an unhappy one imho. even if you could go all-in and get him, he ain't feeling much happier in houston playing with even shittier supporting casts. he'll re-sign with your for $ sake but you'll still have to ship his ass elsewhere on his own request sooner or later

djohn2oo8
07-25-2012, 06:27 PM
Rebuilding or not, do they really want to go into the season with 10 power forwards on their roster or whatever it is?
Doubt that. They'll end up somewhere.

DPG21920
07-25-2012, 06:29 PM
They've been inept for several years. I think that it's way too early to put that label on Hennigan. Trading Howard will be bad for Orlando, but they have no choice but to trade him. Hennigan is trying to mitigate the damage caused by that trade.

That is probably fair - but if that is the case I look to clean slate this and show what I can do. The best way to do that IMO is to get as much cap space as quickly as possible, the best draft picks and some players. In that order.

If that is the case, I can't think of another team that can give them more than HOU, but maybe the reports of HOU's offers are greatly exaggerated.

baseline bum
07-25-2012, 06:31 PM
there's a big difference between a happy DH vs. an unhappy one imho. even if you could go all-in and get him, he ain't feeling much happier in houston playing with even shittier supporting casts. he'll re-sign with your for $ sake but you'll still have to ship his ass elsewhere on his own request sooner or later

Honestly, I think he would be happier and would re-sign in Houston. They just have to convince the Magic to take their bag of beans in exchange.

Latarian Milton
07-25-2012, 06:33 PM

If it were true that teams know Dwight is only about the money and he will re-sign where ever he is traded - teams would make their best offers. A team watching ORL use the money tactic to wait Howard out and force him to say "I will re-sign" to gain leverage will know they can't trust Dwight at his word because of all this.

you don't wanna lose too much talent for him cuz even if you manage to go all-in and get him, you have no supporting casts for him and your team ain't gonna be much better than what orlando currently is, and the bitchass nigga will cry to be traded again before long

tesseractive
07-25-2012, 06:34 PM

Plus, there's a good chance other GMs aren't putting their best offers on the table, in hopes that they can sucker Hennigan. If I'm Hennigan as a new GM with a new coach, there's nothing I'd like better than to slam the door on the old era ASAP and move on. So a guy like Morey might easily be lowballing Hennigan in hopes that Hennigan will cave so that he can move on.

If there were more teams involved, it might be different. But with Howard only willing to go a limited number of places, it cuts down the possibilities. And with Bynum unwilling to go to most cities, the options for a Lakers deal are hard to work out too. In effect, if Hennigan can't find another deal to work he may simply be trying to get Houston to bid against themselves, something Morey's surely to smart to do.

baseline bum
07-25-2012, 06:34 PM
That is probably fair - but if that is the case I look to clean slate this and show what I can do. The best way to do that IMO is to get as much cap space as quickly as possible, the best draft picks and some players. In that order.

If that is the case, I can't think of another team that can give them more than HOU, but maybe the reports of HOU's offers are greatly exaggerated.

I don't think next year's FA crop is all that good after Paul, and they already have enormous capspace for the summer after. I'm not that sure capspace is all that useful when you aren't LA, Miami, New York, or maybe Chicago though. Outside of the major markets capspace hasn't done too much good for teams. You try to build a team with capspace and you have a great shot at becoming a trainwreck like Detroit or Milwaukee. Maybe it eventually changes under the new CBA, but it hasn't yet.

tesseractive
07-25-2012, 06:37 PM
Doubt that. They'll end up somewhere.

But if the Rockets are trying to wait until the Dwight situation sorts itself out before shuffling all those other pieces, it does give them an incentive to try to do a deal sooner rather than later.

But if they shuffle their other pieces before Dwight's situation is settled, it might make a deal harder to close.

DPG21920
I don't think next year's FA crop is all that good after Paul, and they already have enormous capspace for the summer after. I'm not that sure capspace is all that useful when you aren't LA, Miami, New York, or maybe Chicago though. Outside of the major markets capspace hasn't done too much good for teams. You try to build a team with capspace and you have a great shot at becoming a trainwreck like Detroit or Milwaukee. Maybe it eventually changes under the new CBA, but it hasn't yet.

Dwight Howard will probably be a FA next year :lol

Mel_13

I think that it will be Houston and that Orlando wants to be sure that they've got everything that Houston is willing to offer. My personal prediction is that he gets traded to Houston before opening night, but not until all of Houston's rookies can be traded.

DPG21920
07-25-2012, 06:40 PM
Also the FA class next year has the potential to be awesome:

Dwight Howard
Josh Smith
Ty Lawson
Stephen Curry
Chris Paul
Andrew Bynum
Monta Ellis
Serge Ibaka
James Harden
Tyreke Evans
Tiago Splitter
Manu Ginobili
Paul Milsap
Emeka Okafor

DPG21920
07-25-2012, 06:41 PM
I think that it will be Houston and that Orlando wants to be sure that they've got everything that Houston is willing to offer. My personal prediction is that he gets traded to Houston before opening night, but not until all of Houston's rookies can be traded.

Well ORL forced that now because HOU just inked their rooks.

tesseractive
07-25-2012, 06:48 PM
Well ORL forced that now because HOU just inked their rooks.

They can still trade them next month, right?

Mel_13
07-25-2012, 06:58 PM
They can still trade them next month, right?

30 days after signing.

djohn2oo8
07-25-2012, 07:36 PM
Sam Amico
Back to Dwight Howard. Source indicated if meeting with Magic (reportedly taking place now) doesn't go well, Magic likely to trade him to highest bidder -- as opposed to Howard's personal preference. Teams that could OK with a one-year rental, back in play.

http://sulia.com/channel/basketball/f/1c198435-46e4-4260-8179-fee23b908320/?source=twitter

djohn2oo8
07-25-2012, 07:48 PM
Jarrod Rudolph: Sources: Howard informed Hennigan that he has no desire to stay with the Magic and will leave as a free agent if the team decides against now

Jarrod Rudolph: Sources: Magic GM Rob Hennigan had hour-long meeting with Dwight Howard today in LA. Howard reiterated his desire to be as soon a possible. 2 minutes ago

Mel_13
07-25-2012, 07:50 PM
Ric Bucher thinks Jarrod Rudolph is a sycophant.

Clipper Nation
07-25-2012, 07:52 PM
Sam Amico
Back to Dwight Howard. Source indicated if meeting with Magic (reportedly taking place now) doesn't go well, Magic likely to trade him to highest bidder -- as opposed to Howard's personal preference. Teams that could OK with a one-year rental, back in play.
Bullshit... they'll just nitpick every offer to death like they always do, tbh....

#41 Shoot Em Up
07-25-2012, 07:52 PM
Trade him to Houston. That way we Mavs fans can rejoice, knowing Dwight will be here next year

djohn2oo8
07-25-2012, 07:56 PM
Jarrod Rudolph (http://twitter.com/JRudolphSports): Source: Magic GM Rob Hennigan not rushing to move Howard without a trade that offers "acceptable compensation" for the six-time All-Star 1 minute ago (http://twitter.com/JRudolphSports/statuses/228291799897214976)

:lol good luck with that Hennigan.

baseline bum
07-25-2012, 08:01 PM
Rocket fan needs to move on tbh. Hannigan just isn't interested in the Rockets garbage offer just like he wasn't when the Nets tried to offer crap.

djohn2oo8
07-25-2012, 08:02 PM
Rocket fan needs to move on tbh. Hannigan just isn't interested in the Rockets garbage offer just like he wasn't when the Nets tried to offer crap.
Nets offer was leverage against Houston to up their offer as reported.

Koolaid_Man
07-25-2012, 08:04 PM
Trade him to Houston. That way we Mavs fans can rejoice, knowing Dwight will be here next year

:lmao that's exactly what's going to happen if he's traded to Houston..I will :lmaomy ass off @the Rockets if they give up their draft picks only for Howard to walk....this charades is pathetic...

djohn2oo8
07-25-2012, 08:11 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
Source w/ direct knowledge of Howard-Orlando meeting: "Dwight remained unchanged in his desire to be traded and has no intention of (Cont)"

Source continued..."Signing another contract or extension in Orlando." Magic GM Rob Hennigan told Howard he's trying to trade him but ...

...but finding no acceptable deal. Magic waiting so long after draft and start of free agency to get serious on Howard deals has hurt offers

:lmao Hennigan..Game. Set. Match.

Leon Black
07-25-2012, 08:13 PM
:lol thinking Dwight stays in Houston
:lol asik
:lol lin
:lol desperate fucks

racm
07-25-2012, 08:14 PM
:lmao Hennigan
:lmao 30 year old GM
:lmao plucked from Spurs/Thunder tree
:lmao indecisive

tesseractive
07-25-2012, 08:18 PM
Source w/ direct knowledge of Howard-Orlando meeting: "Dwight remained unchanged in his desire to be traded and has no intention of (Cont)"

Source continued..."Signing another contract or extension in Orlando." Magic GM Rob Hennigan told Howard he's trying to trade him but ...

...but finding no acceptable deal. Magic waiting so long after draft and start of free agency to get serious on Howard deals has hurt offers

:lmao Hennigan..Game. Set. Match.

Ouch. :lol

The funniest thing would be if they just told him to go sit out the season so that his only option next summer was to sign the 4-year deal he doesn't want. (Unless he came crawling back to the Magic to get his cash, which would be even funnier.) :lol

Koolaid_Man
07-25-2012, 08:19 PM
:lmao Hennigan
:lmao 30 year old GM
:lmao plucked from Spurs/Thunder tree
:lmao indecisive

oh my this is really bad...I still say he lands in Houston..I'm looking for Orlando to cut their nose off to spite their face...Dwight though is playing hardball..they have 3 options according to Dwight..Houston would be straight up fools if they traded him after reading this:

Howard was staunch in his stance and again made it clear to Hennigan that he has no desire to return to Orlando. He told the 30-year-old general manager that he would “never sign another contract with the Magic,” sources tell RealGM.

During the meeting, Howard informed Hennigan that he would be willing to re-sign with the Lakers at the end of the 12-13 season if the two teams were able to complete a trade. The scenarios Howard was open to during the meeting were: An immediate trade to the Lakers, a January trade to the Brooklyn Nets or a clean break at the end of the 2012-13 season. But he was clear that he would not return to the Magic, choosing to leave as a free agent after the season, sources said.

Hennigan informed Howard that he didn’t have any deals in the works and wasn’t quite sure how to respond to what he was told, according to sources. He was non-committal on any of the discussed scenarios as the meeting ended.

Hennigan’s noncommittal approach has only frustrated Howard more as it’s believed that several acceptable offers have been presented to the Magic only to be turned down due to a lack of a true intent to trade the All-Star center, sources said.

There is now a belief that Hennigan and the Magic have half-heartedly entered into trade talks which has resulted in frustration among the many teams rumored to have included in the ongoing negotiations.

Trading Howard, however, is a process the Magic won’t rush as they understand his value on and off the court and aren’t willing, at this point, to lose him without acceptable compensation.

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/222630/Dwight_Howard_Reiterates_Desire_For_Trade_During_M eeting_With_Hennigan#ixzz21gexkHUA

djohn2oo8
07-25-2012, 08:19 PM
Chris Mannix (http://twitter.com/ChrisMannixSI): In a meeting with Magic GM Rob Hennigan and assistant GM Scott Perry, Howard was firm that he wanted a deal as soon as possible now (http://twitter.com/ChrisMannixSI/statuses/228298228444045312)

djohn2oo8
07-25-2012, 08:22 PM
Legion Sports ‏@MySportsLegion
Dwight told Hennigan to either trade him to LA immediately, trade him to Brooklyn in January or let him walk at seasons end. (via RealGM)

DPG21920
07-25-2012, 08:23 PM
Yeesh

racm
07-25-2012, 08:23 PM
Dwight, if you didn't sign that option you could have walked by now... smh

Mel_13
07-25-2012, 08:24 PM
Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/222630/Dwight_Howard_Reiterates_Desire_For_Trade_During_M eeting_With_Hennigan#ixzz21gexkHUA

The "sources" for all of that are Dwight and his agent. The "writer" should just stop pretending that he is any sort of journalist and admit that he is acting as Dwight's publicist in all this business.

djohn2oo8
07-25-2012, 08:24 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski (http://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA): Howard wondered to Hennigan why offers on table w/ Nets and Lakers prior to Joe Johnson and Steve Nash deals were rejected, source says. 2 minutes ago (http://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/statuses/228298776861888512)

Koolaid_Man
07-25-2012, 08:26 PM
Dwight, if you didn't sign that option you could have walked by now... smh

they would be complete fools to keep him around after this...talk about cancer...this won't be pretty and with a new coach..they have to trade him no way they wait and let him walk...gotta get some value..Dwight has basically said if he's not traded to LA or Brooklyn he's going to fuck over who ever trades for him...

TIMMYtoZO
07-25-2012, 08:27 PM
:lmao Magic
:lmao Rockets
:lmao Lakers

Koolaid_Man
07-25-2012, 08:30 PM
The "sources" for all of that are Dwight and his agent. The "writer" should just stop pretending that he is any sort of journalist and admit that he is acting as Dwight's publicist in all this business.

It doesn't matter..Hennnigan made a huge mistake in waiting this long to trade Dwight..his arrogance will likely force him into a real shitty deal now unless he takes Bynum or makes a deal with OKC..He will be crucified in the court of public opinion...His youth is showing

tesseractive
Adrian Wojnarowski (http://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA): Howard wondered to Hennigan why offers on table w/ Nets and Lakers prior to Joe Johnson and Steve Nash deals were rejected, source says. 2 minutes ago (http://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/statuses/228298776861888512)

Because Hennigan's job is to improve the Magic, and not just to give Dwight what he wants? If Dwight's determined to fuck the team in the ass, I can't think of a single reason they should go out of their way to facilitate that. :lol

djohn2oo8
Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA
Howard's camp has consistently warned Houston not to trade for him, that he'd march right into Dallas' cap space next summer.

:lmao :lmao :lmao

Mel_13
07-25-2012, 08:31 PM
his arrogance

or patience...

Koolaid_Man
07-25-2012, 08:32 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA
Howard's camp has consistently warned Houston not to trade for him, that he'd march right into Dallas' cap space next summer.

:lmao :lmao :lmao

now you think it's funny..I told you that shit for the longest...Houston would be foolish to part with their picks...

DPG21920
07-25-2012, 08:33 PM
This is just pure opinion, but to me this reeks of a new guy trying to puff out his chest and prove he belongs and can't be bullied, yada yada yada.

tesseractive
07-25-2012, 08:34 PM
This is just pure opinion, but to me this reeks of a new guy trying to puff out his chest and prove he belongs and can't be bullied, yada yada yada.

Given that people are trying to bully him, I don't see that he has much choice.

DPG21920
07-25-2012, 08:35 PM
Even Woj commented how his shuffling of feet has hurt them.

Koolaid_Man
07-25-2012, 08:35 PM
or patience...

yeah patient stupidity...both he and Howard are devaluing his stock...:lol

unless OKC offers Ibaka and Harden he's a dam fool..and I'd rather have Bynum over Harding and Perkins...dude is fool...he's trying to be like David Stern :lol yeah right

baseline bum
07-25-2012, 08:36 PM

It seems more like not wanting to do a retarded move that his predecessor would have.

djohn2oo8
07-25-2012, 08:36 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski (http://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA): Orlando officials have repeatedly told people they want the kind of knockout package Denver received for Anthony, but will it present self? 4 minutes ago (http://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/statuses/228301434544861184)

DPG21920
07-25-2012, 08:37 PM
They are really inept if they think the situation compares. Its so far from apples to apples that you can't use that as a baseline.

DPG21920
07-25-2012, 08:37 PM
It seems more like not wanting to do a retarded move that his predecessor would have.

And in the end probably doing a move thats even more retarded.

Koolaid_Man
07-25-2012, 08:40 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski (http://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA): Orlando officials have repeatedly told people they want the kind of knockout package Denver received for Anthony, but will it present self? 4 minutes ago (http://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/statuses/228301434544861184)

:lmao

Bynum is better than anything Denver received for Melo..Hennigan is a moron :lol

djohn2oo8
07-25-2012, 08:41 PM
:lmao

Bynum is better than anything Denver received for Melo..Hennigan is a moron :lol
:lol WTF I agree? :rollin

Mel_13
07-25-2012, 08:43 PM
And in the end probably doing a move thats even more retarded.

Still can't see them ending up significantly worse off than they would be if they took what already has been offered. Any chance for significant improvement comes by exercising patience.

djohn2oo8
07-25-2012, 08:43 PM
Sean Highkin (http://twitter.com/shighkinNBA): The only leverage Dwight has left is Vince Cartering the first half of the season, and he doesn't want that. 1 minute ago (http://twitter.com/shighkinNBA/statuses/228303835070881792)

baseline bum
07-25-2012, 08:44 PM
Sean Highkin (http://twitter.com/shighkinNBA): The only leverage Dwight has left is Vince Cartering the first half of the season, and he doesn't want that. 1 minute ago (http://twitter.com/shighkinNBA/statuses/228303835070881792)

Which Vince Carter is he referring to? The one who sits out half the season, or the one who plays at 12% intensity when pouting?

Koolaid_Man
07-25-2012, 08:44 PM
Still can't see them ending up significantly worse off than they would be if they took what already has been offered. Any chance for significant improvement comes by exercising patience.

:lmao ^ Spur fan hoping like fuck he doesn't land in LA

Mel_13
07-25-2012, 08:45 PM
And I don't understand why anyone thinks it would be a good idea to trade for Bynum without assurances that he would stay. Assurances he appears unlikely to make.

djohn2oo8
07-25-2012, 08:46 PM
Houston to Orlando: "Yes, 3 of our finest shit sandwiches, with one wrapped in a bow for Dwight Howard."

Mel_13
07-25-2012, 08:46 PM

That's what you took from that?

baseline bum
07-25-2012, 08:47 PM

You mean it's not a good strategy to give in when someone hands you a bad deal and says you have to take it quick? I haven't seen a situation like this since Paulson went to Congress tbh.

Koolaid_Man
07-25-2012, 08:48 PM
And I don't understand why anyone thinks it would be a good idea to trade for Bynum without assurances that he would stay. Assurances he appears unlikely to make.

while he's a good player and the 2nd best big in the league..Bynum is still over rated..He's an all-star but not really a STAR...Bynum is a money chaser...he'll sign with whomever will pay him he doesn't care...this comment by ICE Cube is indicative of Bynum's don't care attitude:

Ice Cube's preference for Bynum, however, hardly sounds like a ringing endorsement.

"It's really about how he wants to play and what he's playing for," Ice Cube said of Bynum. "Is he playing for the ring and the ultimate prize, or is he just running around? Sometimes they talk about Kobe not giving him the ball, but dude, you have to fight for position. You got to be in the paint fighting for position to get the ball. You can't get the ball standing around behind players waiting for the rebound to bounce."

baseline bum
07-25-2012, 08:48 PM

I actually think it would be a pretty cool trade to see so that there might be some drama in next year's playoffs; you know, Miami would only be a 70% chance to win it all then.

tesseractive
07-25-2012, 08:49 PM

:cry We're the Lakers. Everyone's obligated to trade us their best players whenever we ask them to. :cry

tesseractive
07-25-2012, 08:51 PM
You mean it's not a good strategy to give in when someone hands you a bad deal and says you have to take it quick? I haven't seen a situation like this since Paulson went to Congress tbh.

Nice. :lol

Mel_13
07-25-2012, 08:53 PM
while he's a good player and the 2nd best big in the league..Bynum is still over rated..He's an all-star but not really a STAR...Bynum is a money chaser...he'll sign with whomever will pay him he doesn't care...this comment by ICE Cube is indicative of Bynum's don't care attitude:

So they should trade for him without any assurances and just count on him being a contract whore? Brilliant.

Btw, have you looked up your own team's payroll yet?

baseline bum
07-25-2012, 08:55 PM
So they should trade for him without any assurances and just count on him being a contract whore? Brilliant.

Btw, have you looked up your own team's payroll yet?

Might as well just dare Howard to lose the $30 million instead of daring Bynum.

djohn2oo8
07-25-2012, 08:56 PM
Feel like this will apply to either Dwight, Orlando, or Houston.

http://sports.popcrunch.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/wwjinq.jpg.gif

racm
07-25-2012, 08:57 PM
The Lakers are in cap hell due to a certain Kobe Bean Bryant :lmao

djohn2oo8
07-25-2012, 08:58 PM
Yup. Need 3rd team obviously.

Killakobe81
07-25-2012, 09:03 PM
The 3 team Rox, Lakers deal makes the most sense for all involved ...but I dont get why Rox sign Asik, if you going all in on Dwight?

djohn2oo8
07-25-2012, 09:05 PM
Tony Mejia (http://twitter.com/TonyMejiaNBA): DH isn't playing w/Orlando's heart strings, which doesn't help Magic in negotiations going forward. Zero changed. He'll be elsewhere by Oct. 4 minutes ago (http://twitter.com/TonyMejiaNBA/statuses/228308708122308609)

djohn2oo8
07-25-2012, 09:10 PM
Josh Robbins (http://twitter.com/JoshuaBRobbins): #Orlando (http://twitter.com/search?q=%23Orlando) #Magic (http://twitter.com/search?q=%23Magic) officials are declining all comment about today's meeting. 1 minute (http://twitter.com/JoshuaBRobbins/statuses/228310343594688514)

djohn2oo8
07-25-2012, 09:12 PM
Alex Kennedy (http://twitter.com/AlexKennedyNBA): Instead, Rob Hennigan wanted to talk things out with Dwight Howard and improve their relationship. Howard was frustrated after the meeting. 2 minutes ago (http://twitter.com/AlexKennedyNBA/statuses/228310738115117057)

baseline bum
07-25-2012, 09:16 PM
CROFL @ Howard crying about not getting traded to Brooklyn in a deal that was at least 3x as bad for Orlando as the Houston deal.

TIMMYtoZO
07-25-2012, 09:21 PM
:lol This Howard saga has done nothing but fuck all the interested teams in the ass. Orlando won't trade him. He is staying in Orlando. This has been a fun month.

Bynumite
07-25-2012, 09:23 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski‏@WojYahooNBA:

djohn2oo8
07-25-2012, 09:26 PM
Mike Fisher: Just spoke to #mavs source suggesting i tap natl brakes on any dwight-to-dallas immediacy. premium story comin to http://dallasbasketball.com 1 minute ago

Venti Quattro
07-25-2012, 09:32 PM

:lmao cap hell
:lmao $5 billion TV deal