PDA

View Full Version : Chick Fil A FAcebook Page

leemajors
07-25-2012, 12:30 PM
Pretty funny shit going on right now after this article:

http://gizmodo.com/5928926/chick+fil+a-got-caught-pretending-to-be-a-fake-teenage-girl-on-facebook

:lol

VBM
07-25-2012, 12:35 PM
Pretty funny shit going on right now after this article:

http://gizmodo.com/5928926/chick+fil+a-got-caught-pretending-to-be-a-fake-teenage-girl-on-facebook

:lol

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17tx3ftc9xl5ujpg/original.jpg

Viva Las Espuelas
07-25-2012, 01:16 PM
I'm glad they're not muslim......

DPG21920
07-25-2012, 01:17 PM
Why do people assume it was Chick-fil-a's fake account? Could have very well been someone trolling to make it look like that.

Drachen
07-25-2012, 01:44 PM
I thought the same thing.. it is either the worst troll job by chick-fil-a or a great troll job by someone else.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-25-2012, 01:47 PM
Mmmm gonna go get some nuggets

Edward
07-25-2012, 01:58 PM
If the two Lesbians I worked with (one black, one Hispanic) still work at Chick Fil A, they really ought to try and squeeze some money out of Chick Fil A by offering to be in a commercial about how Chick Fil A hasn't discriminated them.

Sense
07-25-2012, 01:58 PM
Why do people assume it was Chick-fil-a's fake account? Could have very well been someone trolling to make it look like that.

I agree... nothing proves it, and they're making it seem like it is proven.

Drachen
07-25-2012, 02:00 PM
Mmmm gonna go get some nuggets

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/tastes_like_burning.gif

Tastes like Burning.

Drachen
07-25-2012, 02:00 PM
I agree... nothing proves it, and they're making it seem like it is proven.

either way, dumb of C-F-A to say they were pulling the toys because of safety.

leemajors
07-25-2012, 02:10 PM
either way, dumb of C-F-A to say they were pulling the toys because of safety.

incredibly stupid, especially with a company like Jim Henson Company.

DPG21920
07-25-2012, 02:10 PM
Also, don't get why people get so up in arms over this stuff. They have made it known that it is a Christian based company and that this is their beliefs.They didn't say they hate gay people - but that they don't believe in gay marriage.

Thats no different than political people saying similar things and as long as they aren't discriminating against their employees or customers it should be ok with them having their own belief system. If you dont agree with their position I fully understand, but I don't get all the rage for a company just stating their already widely know beliefs (every Chick is closed on Sundays for a reason).

Edward
07-25-2012, 02:16 PM
Also, don't get why people get so up in arms over this stuff. They have made it known that it is a Christian based company and that this is their beliefs.They didn't say they hate gay people - but that they don't believe in gay marriage.

Thats no different than political people saying similar things and as long as they aren't discriminating against their employees or customers it should be ok with them having their own belief system. If you dont agree with their position I fully understand, but I don't get all the rage for a company just stating their already widely know beliefs (every Chick is closed on Sundays for a reason).
Rememba how hot and bothered you got over Manu being an athiest

clambake
07-25-2012, 02:16 PM
(every Chick is closed on Sundays for a reason).

weekly brainwashing?

DPG21920
07-25-2012, 02:19 PM
Rememba how hot and bothered you got over Manu being an athiest

No. I remember thinking it was crazy for an athlete to be out spoken about this when a large number of his fans have different beliefs. Never cared one way or another what his actual beliefs were.

That was a typical ST pile on and extreme exaggeration of one's position fueled by my stupidity with regards to constantly arguing something.

weekly brainwashing?

Whatever it is, it's widely known this is how they operate.

leemajors
07-25-2012, 02:20 PM

What's Christian about denying marriage to a group of people?

Edward
07-25-2012, 02:24 PM
What's Christian about denying marriage to a group of people?
http://marcamos.com/ha/this-is-gonna-be-good.gif

Fpoonsie
07-25-2012, 02:26 PM
Too often, people confusing Biblical things w/ Christian ones, and everyone goes loose butthole.

DPG21920
07-25-2012, 02:28 PM
Well, depending on your beliefs and interp of the bible, if you are wanting a marriage in a Christian church, part of being Christian is the belief that gay marriage is a sin and isn't part of their belief system.

You can agree or disagree, but people shouldn't be outraged out others beliefs as long as they are not discriminating against others or harming their rights as humans. From my understanding, they have gay employees and serve gay customers the same way they do someone who is not gay. I have heard of churches, been in churches that have several members of the congregation that are gay and they don't usher them out the door. But when it comes to Christian cermony, they typically won't marry you out of that belief system.

That would be like me asking for a Jewish ritual from a Rabbi and him telling me that he won't do it because I am not Jewish.

VBM
07-25-2012, 02:31 PM
:cry Still haven't noticed shorter lines at Chickfila :cry

Edward
07-25-2012, 02:32 PM
Right, because all Christians ever do is refuse the right to marry gays in their Church. It's not like they try to get a constitutional ban on gay marriage or anything.

leemajors
07-25-2012, 02:33 PM
Well, depending on your beliefs and interp of the bible, if you are wanting a marriage in a Christian church, part of being Christian is the belief that gay marriage is a sin and isn't part of their belief system.

You can agree or disagree, but people shouldn't be outraged out others beliefs as long as they are not discriminating against others or harming their rights as humans. From my understanding, they have gay employees and serve gay customers the same way they do someone who is not gay. I have heard of churches, been in churches that have several members of the congregation that are gay and they don't usher them out the door. But when it comes to Christian cermony, they typically won't marry you out of that belief system.

That would be like me asking for a Jewish ritual from a Rabbi and him telling me that he won't do it because I am not Jewish.

the bible addresses homosexuality but never same sex marriage directly.

I don't see how you can say people being denied marriage due to sexual orientation isn't discrimination.

Edward
07-25-2012, 02:33 PM
Too often, people confusing Biblical things w/ Christian ones, and everyone goes tight butthole.
I thought being a Christian WAS following the bible?

Edward
07-25-2012, 02:34 PM
The bible also allows for slavery and outlines how one should treat his slaves :lol

DPG21920
07-25-2012, 02:36 PM
Right, because all Christians ever do is refuse the right to marry gays in their Church. It's not like they try to get a constitutional ban on gay marriage or anything.

Well what do you think about the topic, Ed. Do you think people have a right to be up in arms over a company publically admitting they are a Christian based company and do not believe in gay marriage?

I think it's a little mis-guided to think you won't get backlash when making a public statement like that - but I'm talking about what you think personally about the situation.

Fpoonsie
07-25-2012, 02:36 PM
I thought being a Christian WAS following the bible?

Being CHRISTian should be about following the NT; Jewish, the Old.

It never is, though...at least as far as those crazy fundamentalist Jesus freaks are concerned.

Edward
07-25-2012, 02:40 PM
Well what do you think about the topic, Ed. Do you think people have a right to be up in arms over a company publically admitting they are a Christian based company and do not believe in gay marriage?

I think it's a little mis-guided to think you won't get backlash when making a public statement like that - but I'm talking about what you think personally about the situation.
In this particular situation, I think people might have the right to be up in arms, however I agree it's stupid for them to be up in arms, especially given my experience working at Chick-fil-a. I also agree that it's was dumb on CFA's part to make that statement and not expect a public backlash.

The reason it is misguided for Chick fil a to make that statement is the fact that Christians have been trying to suprese the rights of gay people for decades and there's a growing amount of people in this country who have had enough of it.

DPG21920
07-25-2012, 02:42 PM

I don't see how you can say people being denied marriage due to sexual orientation isn't discrimination.

There are different interps on that. Point is, marriage under a Christian ceremony is a function of their belief system and being denied marriage based on their belief isn't discrimination IMO.

If that is, then so is everything else for that matter (not being allowed into a women's college if you are man, a rabbi not performing a Jewish marriage for non-Jewish couples ...), where do you draw the line on "discrimination" and being allowed to have a belief system?

If you run a business, you have the right to refuse service, this is really no different.

If Chick was not serving gay people food or not hiring workers because they are gay - I get that. But simply saying that you a part of a Christian belief system and part of that belief is not believing in Gay marriage is not discrimination.

That was my only point and this type of convo is way off the topic.

baseline bum
07-25-2012, 02:45 PM
I would say I'm boycotting them, but I don't eat fast food more than maybe 15 times a year anyways, so who cares.

leemajors
07-25-2012, 02:45 PM
There are different interps on that. Point is, marriage under a Christian ceremony is a function of their belief system and being denied marriage based on their belief isn't discrimination IMO.

If that is, then so is everything else for that matter (not being allowed into a women's college if you are man, a rabbi not performing a Jewish marriage for non-Jewish couples ...), where do you draw the line on "discrimination" and being allowed to have a belief system?

If you run a business, you have the right to refuse service, this is really no different.

If Chick was not serving gay people food or not hiring workers because they are gay - I get that. But simply saying that you a part of a Christian belief system and part of that belief is not believing in Gay marriage is not discrimination.

That was my only point and this type of convo is way off the topic.

In the US to have a legal marriage you have to obtain a marriage license that has nothing to do with Christianity. It's licensed by a government agency. not a church. Were you going somewhere with this?

You guys can get married, you can't because of this which I am using to discriminate against you. Shit is pretty clear cut.

Spurminator
07-25-2012, 02:47 PM
You can agree or disagree, but people shouldn't be outraged out others beliefs as long as they are not discriminating against others or harming their rights as humans.

This whole controversy stems from them giving regular donations to groups who actively oppose gay rights. There's nothing wrong with a private business having a religious culture, but if they are a part of the organized effort to deny rights to others based on those religious beliefs, it's absolutely understandable that the people most affected would avoid doing business with them.

Viva Las Espuelas
07-25-2012, 02:50 PM
If anything this'll just produce more annoying "likes" on everyone's Newsfeed(facebook).

And what's even more funny is wasn't Henson a christian scientist. SMH

DPG21920
07-25-2012, 03:06 PM
This whole controversy stems from them giving regular donations to groups who actively oppose gay rights. There's nothing wrong with a private business having a religious culture, but if they are a part of the organized effort to deny rights to others based on those religious beliefs, it's absolutely understandable that the people most affected would avoid doing business with them.

I fully agree with that and that is their right as the consumer. Just like the business has rights. That is the entire point. Why all the outrage now when Chick has made it widely known they are a Christian company and with that knowing their stance on Gay marriage.

I agree people shouldn't do business with them if they don't agree - I just think it's silly that based on the above they get all up in arms over it (even though I fully know how sensitive this topic is and the reality of how things like this work).

Trainwreck2100
07-25-2012, 03:16 PM
Its fake

DPG21920
07-25-2012, 03:18 PM
Shocking

ploto
07-25-2012, 04:38 PM
Why all the outrage now when Chick has made it widely known they are a Christian company and with that knowing their stance on Gay marriage.

Plenty of people who consider themselves to be Christian do not oppose the government issuing a license to a same sex couple to get married. I don't think a company saying they are Christian automatically implies they will spend money to try to prevent states from allowing gay marriage.

That being said-- they have the right to say what they want about gay marriage and people have the right to say what they think about them in response and to quit eating there if they so choose.

VBM
07-25-2012, 04:42 PM
http://towleroad.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8341c730253ef017616b38ec0970c-800wi

Sucks to live in Boston...those chicken sandwiches are the shit

Edward
07-25-2012, 04:55 PM
I seriously don't get why people think Chick fil a is that good. It's nothing special at all, and it's not nearly as healthy as some people think it is. The filets are deep fried just like chicken at any other fast food restaurant.

DPG21920
07-25-2012, 05:36 PM
Grilled chicken - sub the fries for fruit cup son!

Edward
07-25-2012, 05:56 PM
:lol those grilled chicken fillets are overpriced and are usually sitting under a heater for several hours before being served. You'd be better off buying some kind of chicken lean cuisine for 1/3 the price.

On top of that, imo their grilled chicken tastes like shit. There's absolutely nothing special about it.

monosylab1k
07-25-2012, 06:03 PM
:lol Boston - we love gays and hate n!ggers!

jag
07-25-2012, 06:28 PM

I fully agree with that and that is their right as the consumer. Just like the business has rights. That is the entire point. Why all the outrage now when Chick has made it widely known they are a Christian company and with that knowing their stance on Gay marriage.

I agree people shouldn't do business with them if they don't agree - I just think it's silly that based on the above they get all up in arms over it (even though I fully know how sensitive this topic is and the reality of how things like this work).

I agree. Well said. It doesnt seem like the Tolerant Police are being very tolerant of Chick-fil-a being a company founded on Christian beliefs.

Trainwreck2100
07-25-2012, 06:33 PM
Plenty of people who consider themselves to be Christian do not oppose the government issuing a license to a same sex couple to get married. I don't think a company saying they are Christian automatically implies they will spend money to try to prevent states from allowing gay marriage.

That being said-- they have the right to say what they want about gay marriage and people have the right to say what they think about them in response and to quit eating there if they so choose.

Wrong they don't mind giving the homos a license so long as it doesn't say marriage on it. Like civil union license

Clipper Nation
07-25-2012, 06:33 PM
My only issue with the statement is just that nobody looks to a fast food restaurant for moral guidance, so why risk the backlash? I support gay marriage and I'm repulsed by Chick-Fil-A's stance, but they're a private company that are allowed to hold their views, tbh....

baseline bum
07-25-2012, 07:26 PM
I seriously don't get why people think Chick fil a is that good. It's nothing special at all, and it's not nearly as healthy as some people think it is. The filets are deep fried just like chicken at any other fast food restaurant.

But they have pickles on the sandwich!

baseline bum
07-25-2012, 07:27 PM
:lol Boston - we love gays and hate n!ggers!

I'm confused; what do they think of the people in their jails then?

DMC
07-25-2012, 07:47 PM
Sock puppet marketing has been around for a long time, even before the magic elixir that the "random" audience member drinks and feels better suddenly.

The Gemini Method
07-25-2012, 07:52 PM
Yeah, I'm not sure why people even clamor for the sandwiches--they're overpriced and you can cook/find better sandwiches for the same price at other establishment. I think the fact that they're overtly Christian is a deterrent for me, but this is more so reason for me to not choose the restaurant as an option for a quick bite.

Fpoonsie
07-25-2012, 07:54 PM
Is it really that expensive? I can get a #1 w/ fries and a water for UNDER $5.

Some broke ass niggas on ST. GotDAMN!

Th'Pusher
07-25-2012, 08:01 PM
Grilled chicken - sub the fries for fruit cup son!

Chargrilled Chicken Sandwich
The chargrilled chicken sandwich is a better choice in terms of fat content. Each sandwich contains 300 calories, 3.5g total fat, 1g saturated fat, 38g carbohydrate and 29g protein. The sandwich is still not a heart-healthy sandwich, as it contains 1120mg sodium, or 47 percent of the daily recommended value.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/270094-chick-fil-a-nutrition-information/#ixzz21gbHzo00

DPG21920
07-25-2012, 08:10 PM
I know ^ it's just about minmizing the damage when you have to eat fast food. While the grilled chicken has a lot of sodium, it still has plenty of protein, low in fat and calories. Making the sub for fruit instead of fries is huge too.

Wild Cobra Kai
07-25-2012, 08:13 PM
No. I remember thinking it was crazy for an athlete to be out spoken about this when a large number of his fans have different beliefs. Never cared one way or another what his actual beliefs were.

That was a typical ST pile on and extreme exaggeration of one's position fueled by my stupidity with regards to constantly arguing something.

Whatever it is, it's widely known this is how they operate.

It's just as crazy for a corporation to alienate a group that by conservative estimates is 10% of the population. Coupled with being arbitrarily closed for close to 15% of the work week, a custom that has almost totally vanished from America, it's just not good business.

DPG21920
07-25-2012, 08:16 PM
I agree.

Wild Cobra Kai
07-25-2012, 08:18 PM

jag
07-25-2012, 08:46 PM
It's very simple really. The founders had firm Christian beliefs and because of that, they've been very open about their beliefs. It's no secret that Biblically based, Christian beliefs don't align with everyone's lifestyle. It was a business risk they felt was necessary for them to stay true to the vision of the founders. It's what they believe and they're not ashamed of it. That being said, you will never hear of them refusing service to gay people. They also hire openly gay people (Edward is a good example).

People who have a problem with this have a very simple solution. If you disagree so strongly with the stance Chick-fil-a has taken with homosexuality, you can choose to no longer patronize Chik-fil-a. If you claim to have problems with their beliefs, but can't keep your fat ass from ordering their food, then you're just a spineless person with no will power who likes to likes to support certain "causes" so you can feel good about yourself.

Heath Ledger
07-25-2012, 09:24 PM
The Bible also talks about killing children... all that counts is your interpretation.......

Maybe some day someones interpretation will say that gay marriage is okay....

Edward
07-25-2012, 09:27 PM
They also hire openly gay people (Edward is a good example).
:lol the people I worked with are a good example, I personally am not an example

jag
07-25-2012, 09:54 PM
The Bible also talks about killing children... all that counts is your interpretation.......

Maybe some day someones interpretation will say that gay marriage is okay....

There are many gay, Bible believing Christians. You'd be surprised. They obviously have a different interpretation. If you don't like Chick-Fil-a's interpretation, then don't eat their food.

:lol the people I worked with are a good example, I personally am not an example

:lol my bad brah

MannyIsGod
07-25-2012, 09:57 PM

Its pretty easy to sit back and tell someone they shouldn't get mad when its not your rights being actively campaigned against.

ploto
07-25-2012, 10:13 PM
I have said this before, but I just do not get the obsession with gay marriage. Many, many heterosexuals cheat on their prospective spouses, but I have yet to see funding for a group denying those people the legal right to get married. They sure do seem to like to pick and choose their sins.

Wild Cobra Kai
07-25-2012, 10:36 PM
It's very simple really. The founders had firm Christian beliefs and because of that, they've been very open about their beliefs. It's no secret that Biblically based, Christian beliefs don't align with everyone's lifestyle. It was a business risk they felt was necessary for them to stay true to the vision of the founders. It's what they believe and they're not ashamed of it. That being said, you will never hear of them refusing service to gay people. They also hire openly gay people (Edward is a good example).

People who have a problem with this have a very simple solution. If you disagree so strongly with the stance Chick-fil-a has taken with homosexuality, you can choose to no longer patronize Chik-fil-a. If you claim to have problems with their beliefs, but can't keep your fat ass from ordering their food, then you're just a spineless person with no will power who likes to likes to support certain "causes" so you can feel good about yourself.

Their beliefs are one thing. Their contributions to what borders on a hate group actively and voluntarily enters them into the culture wars, and places a target square on their backs. If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen.

The Reckoning
07-25-2012, 11:02 PM
nothing like free PR for chick-fil-A. well done guys, yall talking about them hating gay people is free advertising.

The Reckoning
07-25-2012, 11:15 PM
i think hemann ran a tasting segment for the newspaper over there or something...and concluded that.

Ryan Fitzpatrick
07-25-2012, 11:25 PM
Can't believe I'm agreeing with hemann, but he's right...their food tastes like poop.

mercos
07-25-2012, 11:42 PM
Funny that the Chick-Fil-A guy mentions today's generation being prideful and arrogant, when that is just what they are doing with their religious beliefs. When it comes to business, I always think back to the wise words of one Joe Dirt. "It's not what you like, its the consumer".

Heath Ledger
07-25-2012, 11:59 PM
There are many gay, Bible believing Christians. You'd be surprised. They obviously have a different interpretation. If you don't like Chick-Fil-a's interpretation, then don't eat their food.

:lol my bad brah

My issue is not with Chik-Filet i eat there every couple of months and will continue to do so. My issue is with religion. It is perhaps the most divisive creation of human kind

DMX7
07-26-2012, 07:55 AM
What a stupid business decision.

TE
07-26-2012, 08:50 AM
Chick-Fil-A sucks

koriwhat
07-26-2012, 09:56 AM
queens being drama queens, what's new?

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-26-2012, 01:06 PM
Ha. That's what I woulda done.

But, no, in theory Chick Fil A is good... but in practice the bun is always soggy and the fries cold and tough. the chicken? is it chicken? maybe
It is chicken but it's chicken that's far from fresh :lol

The Chick fil a I worked at cycled stuff where most chicken sat in the freezer for weeks before it was cooked.

Bill_Brasky
07-26-2012, 02:03 PM
Yeah CFA is certainly entitled to their beliefs or whatever, but it's pretty bad business to mix your personal beliefs in with your corporate interests. I guess we'll see how many fat fucks are that serious about the boycott. I wouldn't imagine that a lot of gays eat there in the first place.

Frank Dux
07-26-2012, 02:33 PM

I don't think emotion is something that just happens once and then goes away, never to return. There are triggers. Buttons get pushed. That's part of being human.

Chick-fil-a is back in the media and a lot of us are reminded why we think this company sucks. It's one thing to say as a consumer that you won't be a customer because you don't like their chicken. But there's a big difference here.

Chick-fil-a took its own deliberate steps into the political arena and took a stance around a controversial issue that many feel denies fundamental rights to a lot of citizens. And they fork over millions each year to help keep those rights out of reach. Chick-fil-a changed the game—the protestors didn't. They are no longer in the business of just selling chicken sandwiches. They are in the business of selling chicken sandwiches and keeping gay people from getting married. When the president of the company comes out in the media and says so, you should expect a reaction.

bus driver
07-26-2012, 03:19 PM
damn, i was going to boycott them because i like lesbians but my girl brought it last night for dinner.

Jacob1983
07-27-2012, 01:18 AM
Chick Fil A hates homos. Get the fuck over it. No one is putting a gun to your head and making you buy and eat their shitty fast food.

lefty
07-27-2012, 01:55 PM
:lol Tim Thomas
:lol Tea Party
:lol homophobic

VBM
07-27-2012, 02:28 PM
It is chicken but it's chicken that's far from fresh :lol

The Chick fil a I worked at cycled stuff where most chicken sat in the freezer for weeks before it was cooked.

It's all about det Polynesian sauce. :hat

mercos
07-27-2012, 05:33 PM
Chick-fil-A's Vice President of Public Relations Dies of Heart Attack (http://news.yahoo.com/chick-fil-vice-president-public-relations-dies-heart-192201763--abc-news-politics.html)

Damn, dude blew his heart out trying to cover management's screw ups. That or God is sending a message to knock off the anti-gay crap....

Clipper Nation
07-27-2012, 05:40 PM
I have said this before, but I just do not get the obsession with gay marriage. Many, many heterosexuals cheat on their prospective spouses, but I have yet to see funding for a group denying those people the legal right to get married. They sure do seem to like to pick and choose their sins.

Because the Bible-thumping Bubbas already lost the ability to legally discriminate based on race and gender, so they're reduced to sexual orientation (and religion in the case of Muslims and atheists) as targets for their hate, tbh....

Jacob1983
07-28-2012, 04:37 AM
How can a shitty fast food chain be afraid of homos? I want proof and an explanation. Go.

thispego
07-29-2012, 09:17 AM
Chickfila is great

Oh, Gee!!
07-29-2012, 09:54 AM
line was long yesterday inside and drive-thru and they took my order down wrong so it took extra long to make, but got a free brownie.