PDA

View Full Version : Billboard outside Lufkin, Texas

Yonivore
07-25-2012, 01:35 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-45yv8CJhnHY/UAwWZCdg0AI/AAAAAAAACJw/TGzKwykGB1g/s1600/jimma.JPG
:lmao

cantthinkofanything
07-25-2012, 01:37 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-45yv8CJhnHY/UAwWZCdg0AI/AAAAAAAACJw/TGzKwykGB1g/s1600/jimma.JPG

Hard to believe we're in the 21st century.
I wonder where blacks have to go to get their generators/starters.

clambake
07-25-2012, 01:39 PM
east texas lol

Yonivore
07-25-2012, 01:43 PM
Perhaps you missed the possessive apostrophe and, perhaps, you're not aware there are probably more African-Americans with the surname White as there are of any other race.

Nice fail, though. One I expected but, not in the first response.

clambake
07-25-2012, 01:45 PM
i heard that lufkin is the place where a family of 4 most likely share one set of dentures.

Blake
07-25-2012, 01:45 PM
Perhaps Yoni missed the bad joke

TeyshaBlue
07-25-2012, 01:46 PM
i heard that lufkin is the place where a family of 4 most likely share one set of dentures.

:lol

Yonivore
07-25-2012, 01:49 PM
Perhaps Yoni missed the bad joke
That's why I called it a fail. It was just bad.

Drachen
07-25-2012, 01:51 PM

Perhaps you missed the possessive apostrophe and, perhaps, you're not aware there are probably more African-Americans with the surname White as there are of any other race.

Nice fail, though. One I expected but, not in the first response.

Um, he is talking about the surname Black which is primarily a white surname.

Or as the great Bloodhound gang once sang "I'm not black like Barry White, but I am white like Frank Black is"

ChumpDumper
07-25-2012, 01:54 PM
Yoni is so sensitive to racial jokes.

Sense
07-25-2012, 02:01 PM

I currently live in this shit-hole.. and that wouldn't surprise me..

Btw where is that billboard at?

clambake
07-25-2012, 02:04 PM
omg get out while you're still alive!

i don't know. probably next to yoni's dentist/blacksmith.

Yonivore
07-25-2012, 02:05 PM

The post indicated Southwest of Lufkin near Diboll?

clambake
07-25-2012, 02:10 PM
just give him the address. you know i'm right.

cantthinkofanything
07-25-2012, 02:25 PM

It's by White's fucking starter service...shit...

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=1513+N+Temple+Dr+Lufkin,+TX&hl=en&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=55.192325,114.169922&hnear=1513+N+Temple+Dr,+Diboll,+Texas+75941&t=m&z=17

clambake
07-25-2012, 02:27 PM
close to tx metal art........where they go to get their tin grills.

Blake
07-25-2012, 02:42 PM

Since this billboard or one similar was noted on the internets as far back as 2010, perhaps it's no longer up.

coyotes_geek
07-25-2012, 02:48 PM

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=1513+N+Temple+Dr+Lufkin,+TX&hl=en&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=55.192325,114.169922&hnear=1513+N+Temple+Dr,+Diboll,+Texas+75941&t=m&z=17

Blake
07-25-2012, 02:57 PM

Whites for Romney perhaps

George Gervin's Afro
07-25-2012, 03:00 PM
does anyone (besides yoni) find any humor with this sign?

jack sommerset
07-25-2012, 03:19 PM
Lots of people do, brother. It's pretty funny. My sister, who is a die hard dem even laughed at it. Don't worry, she will still vote Obama. She is from Virginia, a swing state at that. God bless

Wild Cobra
07-25-2012, 03:20 PM
Oh that's a good one. Carter is no longer the worse president in history, and I'll bet some people miss Carter when they think of Obama.

Blake
07-25-2012, 03:25 PM
Carter>W.

Imo

jack sommerset
07-25-2012, 03:27 PM
Oh that's a good one. Carter is no longer the worse president in history, and I'll bet some people miss Carter when they think of Obama.

That's why George doesn't find the humor in it. It wasn't McCain vs Obama in 2008. Obama ran against Bush. As you know Bush didn't run therefore didn't waste his time defending himself. As it turns out Obama did tons of things that bush did and lots of really negative things that Bush never would have done so they came up with the whole Bush miss me yet thing. Now it's so bad they moved on to the carter miss me yet thing. Repugs are saying at this point they would take carter over Obama. Pretty funny stuff. God bless

clambake
07-25-2012, 03:38 PM
this thread is about tooth decay.

clambake
07-25-2012, 03:40 PM

we know you're thinking about barney frank

Drachen
07-25-2012, 03:42 PM
There is a legume shortage in lufkin?

George Gervin's Afro
07-25-2012, 03:46 PM

the same obama who leads all polls in every swing state.. what does that say about republicans and their candidate?

lol

Wild Cobra
07-25-2012, 03:48 PM
the same obama who leads all polls in every swing state.. what does that say about republicans and their candidate?

lol
That republicans are trying too much to be like democrats.

George Gervin's Afro
07-25-2012, 03:53 PM

I agree.. the GOP needs to run bachman for president.. she is the poster child of today's republican party..

Wild Cobra
07-25-2012, 03:54 PM
I agree.. the GOP needs to run bachman for president.. she is the poster child of today's republican party..
She would probably get more votes that McCain did since she doesn't try to please both sides.

coyotes_geek
07-25-2012, 03:58 PM
She would probably get more votes that McCain did since she doesn't try to please both sides.

Pretty sure George disagrees with that since he was going to vote for McCain until McCain picked that dingbat Palin to be his running mate.

George Gervin's Afro
07-25-2012, 04:02 PM
Pretty sure George disagrees with that since he was going to vote for McCain until McCain picked that dingbat Palin to be his running mate.

I voted for Clinton ..hah you remember.. I was going to vote for mccain until he picked the idiot.. showed me that he didn't have the balls to stand up the yoni's and wc's of the world..

Yonivore
07-25-2012, 04:22 PM

lol
Hold on to that feeling, George. For.as.long.as.you.can.

Obama outspent Romney 4 to 1 in the swing states -- even to the point of running a campaign deficit (at least we know he comes by it honestly).

Both candidates are restricted, right now, to using funds raised for the primaries. Being the presumptive nominee, Obama didn't have to pay out much until the Republicans were through tearing each other to shreds. On the other side, Romney spent a good portion of his primary treasure picking off 6 other opponents.

But, Romney is out-raising Obama by a pretty good margin and you can expect he will open the flood gates after the Convention. Same for Obama. I guess we'll see who runs out of money first but, considering the beating Obama is taking over his "You didn't build that" revelation, I suspect Romney is going to be loaded for bear.

jack sommerset
07-25-2012, 04:34 PM
I voted for Clinton ..hah you remember.. I was going to vote for mccain until he picked the idiot.. showed me that he didn't have the balls to stand up the yoni's and wc's of the world..

Brother, stop this nonsense! Not one person here believe this. A lot of us have been here with you durning these times you mentioned. You have almost 10 years of posting hate towards republicans and anyone who supports them and/or knocks the democrats. You bleed blue. God bless

FromWayDowntown
07-25-2012, 04:39 PM
It's sad that we believe the electorate can be so dramatically swayed by advertisements.

We don't have a quadrennial political campaign; we have a quadrennial PR/popularity contest.

Yonivore
07-25-2012, 04:47 PM
It's sad that we believe the electorate can be so dramatically swayed by advertisements.

We don't have a quadrennial political campaign; we have a quadrennial PR/popularity contest.
Blame the States legislatures. They didn't have to abdicate their responsibility for choosing the country's executive to the population.

ChumpDumper
07-25-2012, 04:58 PM
Blame the States legislatures. They didn't have to abdicate their responsibility for choosing the country's executive to the population.Elitist.

scott
07-25-2012, 06:51 PM
Hold on to that feeling, George. For.as.long.as.you.can.

Obama outspent Romney 4 to 1 in the swing states -- even to the point of running a campaign deficit (at least we know he comes by it honestly).

Both candidates are restricted, right now, to using funds raised for the primaries. Being the presumptive nominee, Obama didn't have to pay out much until the Republicans were through tearing each other to shreds. On the other side, Romney spent a good portion of his primary treasure picking off 6 other opponents.

But, Romney is out-raising Obama by a pretty good margin and you can expect he will open the flood gates after the Convention. Same for Obama. I guess we'll see who runs out of money first but, considering the beating Obama is taking over his "You didn't build that" revelation, I suspect Romney is going to be loaded for bear.

This is a fantastic post, for two reasons.

The first, in that it's spot on.

The second, in that it's a damning indictment of our existing method of electing leaders.

Wild Cobra Kai
07-25-2012, 08:28 PM

Carter Special Ops mission - FAIL
Obama Special Ops mission - KILL

Wild Cobra Kai
07-25-2012, 08:30 PM

That's not even remotely true. They're so far to the right at this point, they're about to fall off the table.

Yonivore
07-25-2012, 09:04 PM

The second, in that it's a damning indictment of our existing method of electing leaders.
The way to fix it is to get the states to eliminate popular vote of electors. Make every election truly local again.

Oh, and repeal the 17th amendment. That would get rid of both beauty contests.

Clipper Nation
07-26-2012, 12:10 AM
That's not even remotely true. They're so far to the right at this point, they're about to fall off the table.

It's funny how people say this and ignore that Obama is basically Dubya 2.0 policy-wise, tbh..... there's no significant difference between the establishments in either party other than some trumped-up wedge issues better left to the states....

FuzzyLumpkins
07-26-2012, 01:01 AM

It's nice to see you have no notion of US history from 1829-1933. As poorly as Obama has performed that is nothing compared to such things as breaking a treaty and then committing genocide on those people, blatant corruption like Harding, notorious slavemongering like Millard Fillmore and James Buchanan, and whole slew of stooges like Harrison, Taft, Hoover and Tyler.

Oh and you win a popular election by appealing to independents and not pandering to your base. Your base is going to vote for you anyway. For example, what would it take for you to vote for Obama over Romney?

boutons_deux
07-26-2012, 05:28 AM

The big news about Obama's 2008 campaign financing was the huge number of small donations (aka, broad based) vs 2012 Gecko's financing which is almost entirely 1%ers, Wall St, UCA, thanks to the extreme activist SCOTUS JINOs.