PDA

View Full Version : How come San Antonio has no skyscrapers?

Glenn Holland
07-26-2012, 12:23 AM
Why are the buildings in San Antonio so small..especially downtown. Pathetic skyline, tbh.

Glenn Holland
07-26-2012, 12:24 AM
I also noticed San Antonio has some of the worst drivers in this country.

I just moved here 3 weeks ago and have already seen shit that I never saw in my entire life back in California.

baseline bum
07-26-2012, 12:29 AM
This thread is worthless without a Buddy Holly meltdown tbh.

baseline bum
07-26-2012, 12:31 AM
Seriously though, can one of the civil engineers here give an answer as to whether a skyscraper can be stable when the average weight of those in it is 260+?

Venti Quattro
07-26-2012, 12:34 AM
Seriously though, can one of the civil engineers here give an answer as to whether a skyscraper can be stable when the average weight of those in it is 260+?

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Glenn Holland
07-26-2012, 12:38 AM
Regarding traffic in SA,

The 1604 Loop and the 410 Loop are both good ideas yet very poorly executed.

Why in the hell in The 1604 only a true freeway(no traffic lights) only at the Northern arc? Why in the world would there be a freeway with traffic lights? LOL at the traffic pileup everyday past Bandera Rd on the 1604. The alleged superstreet really helps none.

Also no overpasses from the 1604 to the 281? LOL

and also LOL @ cloverleaf interchanges at the 35 and the 1604. Road infrastructure in San Antonio is just laughable and comparable to some small town in Iowa as far as I am concerned.

One last thing..

I have never seen people get so worked up over the possibility of toll roads. Are people in SA really that poor or can they not understand that toll roads are going to be built as an option...not a mandate?

Otherwise, San Antonio has charming elements and potential. But the roads suck almost as badly as the drivers here.

Bynumite
07-26-2012, 12:54 AM
Fewer steps, the better tbh... San Antonian fat fucks would probably chose to roast instead of the 50 floors of stairs in case of an emergency.

Edward
07-26-2012, 01:00 AM
:lol what I was gonna say

UTSA engineers don't have anywhere near the skill level required for building a sky scraper capable of supporting so much weight while also having the proper plumbing for someone shitting out his cabana bowl 40 feet above ground.

baseline bum
07-26-2012, 01:03 AM
Why ElNono did you kill our resident UTSA engineer? This was an important question that needed answering.

Edward
07-26-2012, 01:05 AM
:cryFkLA was gonna bring skyscrapers to San Antonio:cry

:cryElNono ruined it:cry

baseline bum
07-26-2012, 01:09 AM
:cry Duncan Donuts on the 50th floor observation deck :cry

:cry We'll miss the great view of all the housing projects nearby :cry

Glenn Holland
07-26-2012, 01:10 AM
:cry Duncan Donuts on the 50th floor observation deck :cry

:cry We'll miss the great view of all the housing projects nearby :cry
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Glenn Holland
07-26-2012, 01:16 AM
My first night here some friends took me downtown.

Once I got done laughing at how shitty it all looked, they decided to take me "uptown" to some crap off Broadway just inside the 410 Loop called Alamo Heights.

If that is what San Antonio considers upscale, then well, I just don't know.

I did hook up with another group of friends and they took me to some nice places. Stone Oak seemed nice as did some areas near the 1604 and Blanco but a lot of San Antonio just seems so 'meh and fucking rough.

Nice people for the most part but then again I don't speak Spanish that well so I have no clue what they are saying.

I guess it was true when people told me Texas ended when you crossed into San Antonio city limits.

All in all, North Mexico isn't so bad I guess. Just wish there could be a few less careless drivers.

Huey Freeman
07-26-2012, 01:53 AM

:lmao:lmao

Huey Freeman
07-26-2012, 01:57 AM

Once I got done laughing at how shitty it all looked, they decided to take me "uptown" to some crap off Broadway just inside the 410 Loop called Alamo Heights.

I did hook up with another group of friends and they took me to some nice places. Stone Oak seemed nice as did some areas near the 1604 and Blanco but a lot of San Antonio just seems so 'meh and fucking rough.

Nice people for the most part but then again I don't speak Spanish that well so I have no clue what they are saying.

I guess it was true when people told me Texas ended when you crossed into San Antonio city limits.

All in all, North Mexico isn't so bad I guess. Just wish there could be a few less careless drivers.

They are all over the state tbh. You need to take a trip over here in Fort Worth, shit is unbelievable. I almost got hit by a cop the other day:lol

Trainwreck2100
07-26-2012, 02:31 AM
Anyone ever noticed that all the fake black posters on spurstalk tend to gravitate together in the same threads?

What else are they gonna do get a fake job? Good luck with that one there buddy.

I'm gonna assume the "alamo heights" they took you to was the 50/50. And by upscale they mean "done their best to keep the minorities out. They have city codes that keep apartments from being built and shit.

silverblk mystix
07-26-2012, 05:32 AM
Someone told me that the "mothers of the Alamo" are responsible for the shitty skyline.

Something about never approving a building project if the look isn't in line with Alamo/spanish architecture.

I had a lot of the same impressions after living in Cali half my life and coming back to Texas...freeways/I-35 is a joke (two fuckin' lanes)

no proper roadway signage until you are actually on the street and still don't know the name of it...

Exits and onramps on the same side of the road and within a 1/4 mile of each other (cars exiting freeway running into cars trying to merge onto fwy---genius!)

Gigantic multi-trillion dollar Churches/places of worship that are everywhere...

koriwhat
07-26-2012, 05:38 AM
I also noticed San Antonio has some of the worst drivers in this country.

I just moved here 3 weeks ago and have already seen shit that I never saw in my entire life back in California.

indeed we do have shitty drivers here!

leaving for work 2 days ago, i come out of my apartment to find a nice huge dent in my bumper from some dipshit. sucks!

Wild Cobra
07-26-2012, 06:05 AM
How far through the marl does one have to dig to get to any bedrock? Marl will only support so much weight. This might be a reason why.

spursfan09
07-26-2012, 06:19 AM
Sa is the big little city that can't. I think the skyline is actually a result of them not wanting any modern looking buildings. Sa tries to hard but contradicts itself in every way. Oh and have you driven on the west side yet? Those siders are trying to get you to hit them. They want your insurance money wey.

djohn2oo8
07-26-2012, 06:29 AM
Why ElNono did you kill our resident UTSA engineer? This was an important question that needed answering.
O.J Simpson style :lol

DMC
07-26-2012, 06:51 AM
That 1604 East to 35 exchange is really fucked. The road signs tell you to get into one lane then you have to emergency switch to get to the proper lane at the last second to get onto 35N.

1604 at 281 is always fun.

I remember when they were trying to come up with a name for the Frijoler Dome. All the wrangling and contests and what do you know, they picked "Alamo". Shocking.

DMC
07-26-2012, 06:55 AM
Sa is the big little city that can't. I think the skyline is actually a result of them not wanting any modern looking buildings. Sa tries to hard but contradicts itself in every way. Oh and have you driven on the west side yet? Those siders are trying to get you to hit them. They want your insurance money wey.

They have to match the aqua blue freeway houses with flowers planted in tires and those flamingos sticking out of the ground. You know, the ones with bars on the windows because houses like that have great treasures inside.

johnsmith
07-26-2012, 10:05 AM
Agree with everything said in this thread so far.

SA is such a shithole and I love when people defend it like it's something it's not.

I understand that folks that were born and raised there love their city, as they should, but if those same idiots ever traveled outside of loop 1604 to other places in the country, they'd see what garbage they live in.

But, like I said, it's their garbage, and for some reason, they love it.

Oh, and I also really like when locals refer to the drive to Austin as a "road trip".

bus driver
07-26-2012, 10:44 AM
indeed we do have shitty drivers here!

leaving for work 2 days ago, i come out of my apartment to find a nice huge dent in my bumper from some dipshit. sucks!

i was in a parking lot and this car begins to reverse out but she pulls out straight :lmao, it took the damn bitch about 3 minutes to get out of the spot. it reminded me of the austin powers golf cart scene

johnsmith
07-26-2012, 10:47 AM
i was in a parking lot and this car begins to reverse out but she pulls out straight :lmao, it took the damn bitch about 3 minutes to get out of the spot. it reminded me of the austin powers golf cart scene

I was downtown SA a few weeks ago and watched a guy try to park his car on the side of the road. Nothing tricky about it, he just had to pull his car up behind another. Dude went over the curb, back down, over the curb again, then bumped into the car in front of him, backed up, went over the curb, and finally came to stop.

I figured for sure it had to be an old lady. Nope, 20 something hispanic dude that I'm fairly certain outweighed his Honda Civic.

lefty
07-26-2012, 10:57 AM
:lmao

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCHdZxO4_tQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_6o8Qv-Hns

baseline bum
07-26-2012, 11:02 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCHdZxO4_tQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_6o8Qv-Hns

CROFL... this part is must-see:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_6o8Qv-Hns#t=01m05s

scott
07-26-2012, 11:11 AM
Just wait until Disney and the NFL move here. Then you'll see a skyscraper boom in San Antonio.

jeebus
07-26-2012, 11:20 AM
http://www.viainfo.net/images/GTWC.gif

Bill_Brasky
07-26-2012, 11:45 AM

:lmao Horse's wife

Venti Quattro
07-26-2012, 11:46 AM
:lmao Horse's wife

:rollin :rollin :rollin

Glenn Holland
07-26-2012, 11:54 AM

ROFLMFAO

:lmao:lmao

That dude screaming "oyyoyoyoyoyoyyeoyoyo!"

Glenn Holland
07-26-2012, 12:00 PM
I drove past the ATT Center and I want to know how in the hell anyone can go to an event there?

There is no post or pre game places to go around there!

In almost all other cities, where there is a stadium that houses a pro sports team, there is a community around there that has bars, restaurants, hotels, etc.

But all that is around the ATT center is old and shitty houses and tons of graffiti and litter.

So I guess the after game activities when leaving the ATT Center is to try and avoid being shot or robbed at gunpoint.

Glenn Holland
07-26-2012, 12:05 PM
I figured for sure it had to be an old lady. Nope, 20 something hispanic dude that I'm fairly certain outweighed his Honda Civic.
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Glenn Holland
07-26-2012, 12:13 PM
Someone told me that the "mothers of the Alamo" are responsible for the shitty skyline.

Something about never approving a building project if the look isn't in line with Alamo/spanish architecture.

I had a lot of the same impressions after living in Cali half my life and coming back to Texas...freeways/I-35 is a joke (two fuckin' lanes)

no proper roadway signage until you are actually on the street and still don't know the name of it...

Exits and onramps on the same side of the road and within a 1/4 mile of each other (cars exiting freeway running into cars trying to merge onto fwy---genius!)

Gigantic multi-trillion dollar Churches/places of worship that are everywhere...

Yep. The freeway system is just laughable in San Antonio.

My cousin came to visit me last week and as soon as he got in my car and we left the airport, he said he felt like he was in another country.

Not because of the heavy mexican population here, but because the buildings look run down and old, the streets are covered in filth and litter and the roads look like something from columbia circa 1972.

He also thought is was very odd how San Antonio likes to build out rather than up. He also was shocked that there is no good public transit system in place and that via is not a 24 hour service.

johnsmith
07-26-2012, 12:15 PM
Yep. The freeway system is just laughable in San Antonio.

My cousin came to visit me last week and as soon as he got in my car and we left the airport, he said he felt like he was in another country.

Not because of the heavy mexican population here, but because the buildings look run down and old, the streets are covered in filth and litter and the roads look like something from columbia circa 1972.

He also thought is was very odd how San Antonio likes to build out rather than up. He also was shocked that there is no good public transit system in place and that via is not a 24 hour service.

I get a kick out of everytime SA tries to do something to upgrade the city, a bunch of assclowns 'tag' it immediately, and it stays that way.........forever.

Glenn Holland
07-26-2012, 12:18 PM
I get a kick out of everytime SA tries to do something to upgrade the city, a bunch of assclowns 'tag' it immediately, and it stays that way.........forever.
:rollin That appears to be true.

Almost all the new stuff being built that I have seen has already been tagged. Especially around the Alamo Ranch area. By the way, how can anyone claim that area is upper middle class when there is a trailer park directly across the street from it? It seems like a lot of San Antonio locals are delusional about their city.

johnsmith
07-26-2012, 12:23 PM
:rollin That appears to be true.

Almost all the new stuff being built that I have seen has already been tagged. Especially around the Alamo Ranch area. By the way, how can anyone claim that area is upper middle class when there is a trailer park directly across the street from it? It seems like a lot of San Antonio locals are delusional about their city.

I don't fault them for being delusional, everyone thinks their home city is the greatest. What I do fault them for though is the complete lack of respect they have for their own town.........and the fact that 75% of them have never actually went to another city to see what it's like......and Corpus doesn't count.

To your original thoughts though, they are making a lot of moves to improve the road system. 281/1604, when complete will be a lot nicer. They did a good job with 410/281 a couple years ago as well as 10/410. So they're on the right track.

Now if they could just blow up downtown and put in something modern (anything). Relocate the ATT center so it's not directly in the shittiest part of town. Wipe out the West side all together. Build a border wall between the south side and the north side. Ban "street artists" (spray painting your name doesn't make you an artist). Eliminate a 1/3 of the billboards. Pick up trash every once in a while.....nevermind, they'll never get it figured out.

silverblk mystix
07-26-2012, 12:29 PM
ok, now you two faggots are getting carried away...

don't hate...appreciate

Glenn Holland
07-26-2012, 12:29 PM
Now if they could just blow up downtown and put in something modern (anything). Relocate the ATT center so it's not directly in the shittiest part of town. Wipe out the West side all together. Build a border wall between the south side and the north side. Ban "street artists" (spray painting your name doesn't make you an artist). Eliminate a 1/3 of the billboards. Pick up trash every once in a while.....nevermind, they'll never get it figured out.

Downtown has no life, in my opinion.

I have never seen a big city with a shitty downtown...then I came to San Antonio..

The only side of San Antonio that seems to be consistently nice for more than a black at a time in the far north side. Outside the 1604 Loop and into Stone Oak and into the Encino area. Dominion and Leon Springs area is really nice also.

The att center seems to be in one of the worst and most poor areas of this city. Am I correct??

The trash on the roads here is unreal. It is like people just toss their empty whataburger bags out the window when they are done.

Glenn Holland
07-26-2012, 12:30 PM

don't hate...appreciate
I appreciate that San Antonio is the only place in modern America where you can be considered well off financially when making 35K a year.

My job pays me at 58k and that seems to put me in the high brackets in san antonio

silverblk mystix
07-26-2012, 12:32 PM
I appreciate that San Antonio is the only place in modern America where you can be considered well off financially when making 35K a year.

My job pays me at 58k and that seems to put me in the high brackets in san antonio

That's it...feel the love!

johnsmith
07-26-2012, 12:33 PM

I have never seen a big city with a shitty downtown...then I came to San Antonio..Agree 100%
The only side of San Antonio that seems to be consistently nice for more than a black at a time in the far north side. Outside the 1604 Loop and into Stone Oak and into the Encino area. Dominion and Leon Springs area is really nice also.True, but it's getting so overcrowded that it's starting to be less appealing.

The att center seems to be in one of the worst and most poor areas of this city. Am I correct?? THat's the thing, it's hard to rank the worst parts of town. That certainly seems like it, but venture over to the west side sometime and it's a tough comparison.
The trash on the roads here is unreal. It is like people just toss their empty whataburger bags out the window when they are done.Everywhere, not just the roads.

The city has so much potential. If they'd treat the entire place the way they treat the tourist traps, the residents would much less miserable IMO.

I spent 6 years there, I was so happy to leave.

johnsmith
07-26-2012, 12:33 PM

don't hate...appreciate

lol ankle biting.

silverblk mystix
07-26-2012, 12:34 PM
The city has so much potential. If they'd treat the entire place the way they treat the tourist traps, the residents would much less miserable IMO.

I spent 6 years there, I was so happy to leave.

Probably not as happy as the people that couldn't wait for your faggot ass to leave...loser.

baseline bum
07-26-2012, 12:35 PM
Honestly, Los Angeles used to have the shittiest downtown of any city I had ever been to north of the border. Downtown closed at 7PM and the streets would be nothing but homeless, so it was always fun when one had to work late. Rest of the city was awesome though (SFV does not count).

johnsmith
07-26-2012, 12:35 PM
Probably not as happy as the people that couldn't wait for your faggot ass to leave...loser.

Are there not enough threads where you aren't the center of attention today?

silverblk mystix
07-26-2012, 12:36 PM
lol ankle biting.

I'm honored that so many of my pet terms are being used.

Venti Quattro
What are you now silverblk mystix, some disgruntled San Antonio tour guide?

johnsmith
Honestly, Los Angeles used to have the shittiest downtown of any city I had ever been to north of the border. Downtown closed at 7PM and the streets would be nothing but homeless, so it was always fun when one had to work late. Rest of the city was awesome though (SFV does not count).

Really? I have never spent any time there. I never would have expected that.

johnsmith
07-26-2012, 12:37 PM

What are the prisons like in SA SBM?

silverblk mystix
07-26-2012, 12:39 PM
What are you now silverblk mystix, some disgruntled San Antonio tour guide?

Just stating truths...the thread had some good points...san antonio can be shitty...but then these two posters just started trashing nonstop...

I don't live there so -carry on...trash it all you care to.

johnsmith
07-26-2012, 12:40 PM
I don't live there so -carry on...trash it all you care to.

So why did you get so upset?

I'll answer for you.....cause you're an attention whore on the internet.

Now carry on.

silverblk mystix
07-26-2012, 12:40 PM
What are the prisons like in SA SBM?

johnsmith
07-26-2012, 12:42 PM

The dreaded "I know you are but what am I" comeback.

You're not good at this.

silverblk mystix
07-26-2012, 12:43 PM
The dreaded "I know you are but what am I" comeback.

You're not good at this.

I'm not good at what?

johnsmith
07-26-2012, 12:44 PM
I'm not good at what?

Well, certainly at posting on the internet.

However, based on your career choice, I'd say at anything really.

johnsmith
07-26-2012, 12:45 PM
Back to San Antonio. I got a kick out of what an uproar the town went into in regards to the construction of the PGA Village. Then they changed the name of the whole thing and got it built and no one said a thing.

silverblk mystix
07-26-2012, 12:47 PM
Well, certainly at posting on the internet.

However, based on your career choice, I'd say at anything really.

I was balls deep in your mom the day they held the "posting on the internet 101" at school.

I learned a lot from her though if that helps.

johnsmith
07-26-2012, 12:49 PM
I was balls deep in your mom the day they held the "posting on the internet 101" at school.

I learned a lot from her though if that helps.

"I know you are but what am I" followed up by a "mom joke".

Jesus man, you have to do better than that.

Glenn Holland
07-26-2012, 12:52 PM
Back to San Antonio. I got a kick out of what an uproar the town went into in regards to the construction of the PGA Village. Then they changed the name of the whole thing and got it built and no one said a thing.
Not familiar with this. Can you please elaborate?

johnsmith
07-26-2012, 12:54 PM
Not familiar with this. Can you please elaborate?

The PGA wanted to build the "PGA Village" a while back up where the new Marriott and course are off of Bulvurde and Evans some years back. The south siders and other residents were in an uproar that they didn't want to build the course in their area. It went away for a while and suddenly it was built, under a different name.

It's a much longer story than that, but I have to run. It was awfully entertaining though.

Glenn Holland
07-26-2012, 12:57 PM
The PGA wanted to build the "PGA Village" a while back up where the new Marriott and course are off of Bulvurde and Evans some years back. The south siders and other residents were in an uproar that they didn't want to build the course in their area. It went away for a while and suddenly it was built, under a different name.

It's a much longer story than that, but I have to run. It was awfully entertaining though.
Thanks for the info.

So it seems the locals just got upset over something new/different and went batshit crazy.
How progressive, San Antonio...

Drachen
07-26-2012, 01:24 PM
Thanks for the info.

So it seems the locals just got upset over something new/different and went batshit crazy.

The upset part was mainly due to the fact that golf courses take a LOT of water and San Antonio does not have a LOT of water. Also, san antonio would have had to put up a large amount of cash (in the form of no property taxes for "x" number of years), so it just wasn't a good deal. (yes I think it is sad that they ended up putting a golf course up there anyway)

Also, I am not sure that anyone in san antonio has ever claimed that the town is a bleeding edge progressive city. The only areas that it is progressive is in water conservation and (newly) energy production.

Creepn
07-26-2012, 01:43 PM
Thanks for the info.

San Antonio aren't trying to be all that progressive in the first place though. Seems they had to play a trick on the people to get it built.

FuzzyLumpkins
07-26-2012, 03:32 PM
If you are talking about the one that was built N of Stone Oak it was a case of whitey ordering up some "what can brown do for you" to get a golf course built in their newest development area. Water too.

jag
07-26-2012, 10:19 PM
Holy shit, johnsmith did work ITT.

SA didn't used to be that bad. All the illegals and worthless illegal sympathizing politicians have ruined it. I feel bad for the white people that live there, tbh. I used to live on the far north side, a little past the Encino area. I never realized how segregated it was until I got older and had already moved. Thinking back, I dont recall there being any Mexicans in that neighborhood/area. I know it's changed and there are some hispanics (that do well financially) that have moved to that area for the same reasons as everyone else. But they are a far cry from the 16 year olds, pushing strollers, that you'll see down at the Riverwalk.

I don't even want to get into the selection of women down there. Holy shit. That's one thing I love about the southeast. There is no shortage of hot, blonde (real blonde) chicks here.

baseline bum
07-26-2012, 10:26 PM
Jag man, you're selling San Antonio short tbh. What other city are you guaranteed to get laid in just for paying for the pizza on a date?

hehateme
07-26-2012, 10:36 PM
I drove past the ATT Center and I want to know how in the hell anyone can go to an event there?

There is no post or pre game places to go around there!

In almost all other cities, where there is a stadium that houses a pro sports team, there is a community around there that has bars, restaurants, hotels, etc.

But all that is around the ATT center is old and shitty houses and tons of graffiti and litter.

So I guess the after game activities when leaving the ATT Center is to try and avoid being shot or robbed at gunpoint.

I think the city leaders actually admitted it was horrible planning when they built it and where they built it. The area around it is not some place you want to be walking far away to your car and getting into without a concealed weapon on hand that is for sure.

I think the biggest growth near the city is going towards San Marcos and out west due to the fact that the city is one fat ass smelly mexican rolled into one.

jag
07-26-2012, 10:37 PM
Very true. Although you wouldn't really need to go the dating route. You could just stand in the street with Tamales.

baseline bum
07-26-2012, 10:43 PM
I think the city leaders actually admitted it was horrible planning when they built it and where they built it. The area around it is not some place you want to be walking far away to your car and getting into without a concealed weapon on hand that is for sure.

I think the biggest growth near the city is going towards San Marcos and out west due to the fact that the city is one fat ass smelly mexican rolled into one.

The city wanted to build it on the northeast side of town first, but it was 1998 and the Spurs hadn't won a title yet, so the vote failed like hell. Then the city kept trying to tack all this extra crap onto their downtown arena proposal since they knew it would pass right after the Spurs' first title, and the Spurs told them to fuck-off and ended up getting stuck going to the county instead for funding. And that's why the Spurs arena is in an area of town with absolutely nothing around that could pump extra dollars into the San Antonio economy like you see around arenas in most cities. Because of the incompetence of the people running the city, the arena became a completely sunk cost with no reasonable way to generate revenue in the neighborhood around it.

hehateme
07-26-2012, 10:49 PM
Also, not sure if I ever lived in a city where the interstate actually floods when it sprinkles...

jag
07-26-2012, 10:54 PM
I'm sure BuddyHolly has seen this thread. And I'm sure it fucked up his night.

baseline bum
07-26-2012, 10:56 PM

Truth hurts tbh. Can you post a link in the N-Sync forum?

Blake
07-26-2012, 11:00 PM

apparently when the restaurant at the top of the stick rotates, it seems to somehow distribute the fatness much more evenly

Creepn
07-26-2012, 11:04 PM
I really hoped that placing the arena therewas going to renovate that east side area since it's a poor area. That's what most of the eastsidas thought.

baseline bum
07-26-2012, 11:09 PM
I really hoped that placing the arena therewas going to renovate that east side area since it's a poor area. That's what most of the eastsidas thought.

It's an industrial area; not really a place for sportsbars, restaurants, and the like that usually prop up around arenas built in sane locations.

Glenn Holland
07-27-2012, 03:17 AM
:lol:lol:lol

Also, not sure if I ever lived in a city where the interstate actually floods when it sprinkles...
true.

Truth hurts tbh. Can you post a link in the N-Sync forum?
took some time to research but in the end it was a total :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao :lmao

ChumpDumper
07-27-2012, 03:36 AM
I'd bitch about the roads in SA, but I live in Austin. Drivers are slightly worse though.

lol moved here three weeks ago

Blake
07-27-2012, 08:27 AM

Rofl taking credit for the term ”ankle biting”

bus driver
07-27-2012, 09:23 AM
because they dont build multi story taco shops

jag
07-27-2012, 10:14 AM
Even their pets are fat. Damn

mysa.com
Survey reveals San Antonio has obese pets (http://blog.mysanantonio.com/animals/2012/07/survey-reveals-san-antonio-has-obese-pets/)

In May, Dr. William Craig wrote all about pudgy pets in his blog and the serious medical conditions that result from obese pets. He must have had a psychic connection because that very week, Pfizer Animal Health’s Veterinarians Against Canine Obesity conducted a “Canine Obesity Awareness Survey” in San Antonio of 159 pet owners. The survey revealed several reasons why many dogs in San Antonio are obese—and the dog-owner’s feeding habits and exercise regimes are largely to blame:

Surprisingly, San Antonio-area dog owners report their dogs are getting mild (24%) and brisk exercise (27%) once a week or less. Of greater concern is that 11% of San Antonio-area dog owners reported never exercising their dogs briskly. A lack of exercise is a key contributor to weight gain in dogs.
17% of San Antonio-area dog owners feed their dogs food from the table, leftovers or table scraps daily, and 23 percent give their dogs treats two or more times per day.
More than one-fifth (21%) of San Antonio-area dog owners report their dog is overweight, with those owners stating their dog is overweight by a mean of 9 pounds. Slightly less (18%) say their dog has been diagnosed as overweight or obese.
While regular shots and checkups (81% and 76% respectively) are the main reasons for veterinary visits among San Antonio-area dog owners, dog feeding habits (57%), weight concerns (46%) and exercise habits (44%) are discussed with the vet. Only 3% of San Antonio area dog owners cite weight conditions as the main reason for a vet visit.
Heavier pets can have more health problems, so check with your vet about some ways to manage your dog’s weight, both through portion control and regular exercise.

:lol feeding dogs tamales, nachos and quesadillas
:lol not taking the dog for a walk because that would involve walking

coyotes_geek
07-27-2012, 10:23 AM

Not a problem since they're all 5'-6" and under. A low center of gravity improves stability.

johnsmith
07-27-2012, 10:47 AM
Also a big fan of "why can't we have a pro (insert sport here) franchise"?

I don't know, probably because you don't have any money would be my guess.

johnsmith
07-27-2012, 10:47 AM
I also wonder about the mass suicide that will likely occur once Duncan retires.

Homeland Security
07-27-2012, 11:16 AM
Things I know:

1) Virtually every city has these hipster untermenschen who bitch and moan and snark about the cities they live in and say a bunch of racist shit about the minorities because it's "ironic." Austin has more than San Antonio does. Ignore them, play the knockout game with them, shoot them in the face, whatever.

2) San Antonio is a hell of a lot larger and wealthier than it used to be. It used to be easy to get from point A to point B but now it is a huge pain in the ass like Austin was 10-15 years ago. All the other shit people complain about existed 30 years ago and the bitching and moaning is nostalgia for a place that never actually existed.

3) Re: "illegals." To most San Antonio Anglos, a Hispanic could have been born in the U.S., with his family having been in Texas since the 1830's, and his great-grandfather having stormed the fucking beach at Normandy, but as far as they're concerned he's still an "illegal." The term refers not nearly as much to the immigration status of a Hispanic as it does to the sentiment that Anglos wish that Hispanics could simply be banned outright. This is because Anglos in other cities (i.e. Austin, Dallas) consider San Antonio Anglos to be Mexicanized half-breeds rather than fully white people, and therefore the SA Anglos take out their resentment on the Mexicans.

4) People on the east side probably thought the AT&T Center meant that they wouldn't have to pay their phone bill anymore. :lmao

RGMCSE
07-27-2012, 02:37 PM
So this thread is about another butt hurt Californian bitching about SA because it' not like cali??? Why do all the poor cali fuckers move to Texas?

Gordon Hayward
07-27-2012, 03:12 PM
Things I know:

1) Virtually every city has these hipster untermenschen who bitch and moan and snark about the cities they live in and say a bunch of racist shit about the minorities because it's "ironic." Austin has more than San Antonio does. Ignore them, play the knockout game with them, shoot them in the face, whatever.

2) San Antonio is a hell of a lot larger and wealthier than it used to be. It used to be easy to get from point A to point B but now it is a huge pain in the ass like Austin was 10-15 years ago. All the other shit people complain about existed 30 years ago and the bitching and moaning is nostalgia for a place that never actually existed.

3) Re: "illegals." To most San Antonio Anglos, a Hispanic could have been born in the U.S., with his family having been in Texas since the 1830's, and his great-grandfather having stormed the fucking beach at Normandy, but as far as they're concerned he's still an "illegal." The term refers not nearly as much to the immigration status of a Hispanic as it does to the sentiment that Anglos wish that Hispanics could simply be banned outright. This is because Anglos in other cities (i.e. Austin, Dallas) consider San Antonio Anglos to be Mexicanized half-breeds rather than fully white people, and therefore the SA Anglos take out their resentment on the Mexicans.

4) People on the east side probably thought the AT&T Center meant that they wouldn't have to pay their phone bill anymore. :lmao

Easily the most worthless, nonsensical post in this thread. And that's saying something considering SBM, lefty and koriwhat have all contributed their usual garbage.

ChumpDumper
07-27-2012, 03:22 PM
So this thread is about another butt hurt Californian bitching about SA because it' not like cali??? Why do all the poor cali fuckers move to Texas?There is no way the OP is from California, as Base clearly showed.

Glenn Holland
07-27-2012, 03:54 PM
There is no way the OP is from California, as Base clearly showed.
Born and raised in San Diego.:toast

Glenn Holland
07-27-2012, 03:55 PM
So this thread is about another butt hurt Californian bitching about SA because it' not like cali??? Why do all the poor cali fuckers move to Texas?
So you are just another crazy San Antonio local who thinks the cesspool you live in is just heaven on earth.

Big Empty
07-27-2012, 04:13 PM
The only skyline im interested is the skyline inside the AT&T center baby! Looking for a 5th banner!

Blake
07-27-2012, 04:16 PM
Why do all the poor cali fuckers move to Texas?

From a number of transplants I've talked to, one reason is that they were able to sell their $200+k 1-2 bedroom shack in Cali and buy a 3000sqft house in Stone Oak.

Glenn Holland
07-27-2012, 04:25 PM
I am hopeful that sooner than later San Antonio can get enough of a Cali/West coast influence that the city will improve. Remember to lean left and be progressive. San Antonio has potential but the old, simpleton mindset needs to go.

Blake
07-27-2012, 04:48 PM
I am hopeful that sooner than later San Antonio can get enough of a Cali/West coast influence that the city will improve. Remember to lean left and be progressive. San Antonio has potential but the old, simpleton mindset needs to go.

I couldn't care less about a downtown skyline, but I would like to see continued addition of bike lanes/trails and city parks.

Other than that, SA is aight.

Glenn Holland
07-27-2012, 04:55 PM
I couldn't care less about a downtown skyline, but I would like to see continued addition of bike lanes/trails and city parks.

Other than that, SA is aight.
Bicycles have no business being on a main road. Stay in the neighborhood and parks. No bicycle should be allowed on a main road.

DMC
07-27-2012, 04:58 PM
Bicycles have no business being on a main road. Stay in the neighborhood and parks. No bicycle should be allowed on a main road.
Don't come to Austin then.

Blake
07-27-2012, 05:18 PM

Do you not know how a bike lane works?

Glenn Holland
07-27-2012, 05:21 PM
Do you not know how a bike lane works?
I know exactly how a bike lane works and I know that it impedes cars from making right hand turns because the cars have to yield for the morons riding their bikes.

Glenn Holland
07-27-2012, 05:22 PM
Don't come to Austin then.
Been once.

Was exactly like this.

http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kvhws8toSh1qzymhso1_400.gif

Blake
07-27-2012, 05:42 PM
I know exactly how a bike lane works and I know that it impedes cars from making right hand turns because the cars have to yield for the morons riding their bikes.

Yeah, the ten extra seconds it takes for a bike to get through the intersection before I can make a right turn is pure hell.

especially on the 1 day a year it happens

Glenn Holland
07-27-2012, 06:09 PM
Yeah, the ten extra seconds it takes for a bike to get through the intersection before I can make a right turn is pure hell.

especially on the 1 day a year it happens
Why do bikers feel the need to travel on roads meant for motor vehicles? Why can't the bikers ride on the trails in parks or in neighborhoods where the speed limits are much lower than main roads?
Riding a bike on a busy road is pure trouble.

Stay off the road if you are not in a motor vehicle.

Latarian Milton
07-27-2012, 06:53 PM
the military base nearby might be the reason imho. they won't allow any skyscrapers to be built in san antonio because they might otherwise block the lanes of fighting jets

TimmehC
07-27-2012, 07:30 PM
Eh, there's a reason I live in LA, tbh.

Wild Cobra
07-27-2012, 07:32 PM
Why do bikers feel the need to travel on roads meant for motor vehicles? Why can't the bikers ride on the trails in parks or in neighborhoods where the speed limits are much lower than main roads?
Riding a bike on a busy road is pure trouble.

Stay off the road if you are not in a motor vehicle.
I ask myself the same thing. Beside each busy main commercial road where parking space is taken for a bike lane, is another street going the same place with residential speeds. I haven't been able to understand such insanity.

RGMCSE
07-28-2012, 09:01 PM
So you are just another crazy San Antonio local who thinks the cesspool you live in is just heaven on earth.

Im from SA, but have lived in other states/territories out of Texas. I must be in the minority because when I visit other places or live in other areas away from home I tend to find the things I like about that area and really enjoy them. I've gained life long friends and have a lot of fond memories from those places.

However for whatever fucking reason I've known people from cali that come to SA and totally shit on this area. The funny thing is that their entire family decided to move here. Why is that? Why not move to a place that you would enjoy? My impression of people from cali is that they have hatred and a chip on their shoulder and think their shit don't stink then bring that higher than thou attitude here.

Go home if you don't like it here. Most of us wont miss you.

DMX7
07-28-2012, 11:06 PM

You should probably go back to California, but you probably got priced out anyway.

DMC
07-29-2012, 02:11 AM
Things I know:

It's funny that SA is completely Spanish in culture yet people want the Mexicans to get out of what used to be Mexico. They want San Antonio to be renamed "Saint Anthony" I suppose.

Then again, there's a difference between Hispanics and Mexicans, and a difference between border town Mexican and Mexico City Mexican. You can normally spot the differences right away so I don't need to point them out here.

DMC
07-29-2012, 02:13 AM
the military base nearby might be the reason imho. they won't allow any skyscrapers to be built in san antonio because they might otherwise block the lanes of fighting jets
Decent in theory but IRL ever massive city has an airport that has flights coming and going all the time. Their flight paths aren't random so they don't fly into buildings (except in NYC).

Fighter jets have ingress and egress routes and they don't get into the maneuvering until they are well away from populated areas.

Glenn Holland
07-29-2012, 03:00 AM
Im from SA, but have lived in other states/territories out of Texas. I must be in the minority because when I visit other places or live in other areas away from home I tend to find the things I like about that area and really enjoy them. I've gained life long friends and have a lot of fond memories from those places.

However for whatever fucking reason I've known people from cali that come to SA and totally shit on this area. The funny thing is that their entire family decided to move here. Why is that? Why not move to a place that you would enjoy? My impression of people from cali is that they have hatred and a chip on their shoulder and think their shit don't stink then bring that higher than thou attitude here.

Go home if you don't like it here. Most of us wont miss you.
Your attitude is the EXACT problem with San Antonio. You spew out that garbage about "if you dont like it, leave it!!!" and you people in San Antonio apply that to EVERYTHING.
Don't like traffic on the 1604? GET THE FUCK OUTTA SAN ANTONIO!!!

Don't like the SPURS?? GET THE FUCK OUTTA SAN ANTONIO!!!!

Don't drink beer? GET THE FUCK OUTTA SAN ANTONIO!!!!

Don't appreciate the Mexican culture? GET THE FUCK OUTTA SAN ANTONIO!!!!

How about expanding and growing as a person(not just in waistlines) and open yourself to new ideas?

You should probably go back to California, but you probably got priced out anyway.
No. I did not get priced out. My job MADE me come to San Antonio and I promise you the second I can leave this place, I will.

Until then, I will exploit San Antonio for all the money I can and I will shit upon this city for being second rate and low class.

Drachen
07-29-2012, 03:10 AM
So second rate and low class that you can't get better money elsewhere. Sucks for you.

PublicOption
07-29-2012, 06:54 AM
uh, losers.....1604 was a road used for truckers to by pass the city......thats what it was. Nobody in town thought the city would grow as fast and as far as it has. 15-17 years ago there wasn't shit on 1604. So you fuckers that came here and over crowded our beautiful city can SUCK IT now.

P.S. people from Texas don't refer to highways as "the". fuck off and go back to the West Coast.

Regarding traffic in SA,

The 1604 Loop and the 410 Loop are both good ideas yet very poorly executed.

Why in the hell in The 1604 only a true freeway(no traffic lights) only at the Northern arc? Why in the world would there be a freeway with traffic lights? LOL at the traffic pileup everyday past Bandera Rd on the 1604. The alleged superstreet really helps none.

Also no overpasses from the 1604 to the 281? LOL

and also LOL @ cloverleaf interchanges at the 35 and the 1604. Road infrastructure in San Antonio is just laughable and comparable to some small town in Iowa as far as I am concerned.

One last thing..

I have never seen people get so worked up over the possibility of toll roads. Are people in SA really that poor or can they not understand that toll roads are going to be built as an option...not a mandate?

Otherwise, San Antonio has charming elements and potential. But the roads suck almost as badly as the drivers here.

Fat boy
07-29-2012, 09:16 AM

:flipoff

this or that?
07-29-2012, 09:33 AM

What you don't get is that for many they DO appreciate being able to raise a family on 35K a year. If you can't then you are living out of your means.

spursfan09
07-29-2012, 10:22 AM
I'm from here and I do wish SA wAs more progressive and a little less ghetto but what annoys me are these people moving here for whatever reason and overcrowding the faster thAn it is able to grow. It really ridiculous how many people are here now.

Blake
07-29-2012, 10:38 AM
Your attitude is the EXACT problem with San Antonio. You spew out that garbage about "if you dont like it, leave it!!!" and you people in San Antonio apply that to EVERYTHING.
Don't like traffic on the 1604? GET THE FUCK OUTTA SAN ANTONIO!!!

Don't like the SPURS?? GET THE FUCK OUTTA SAN ANTONIO!!!!

Don't drink beer? GET THE FUCK OUTTA SAN ANTONIO!!!!

Don't appreciate the Mexican culture? GET THE FUCK OUTTA SAN ANTONIO!!!!

How about expanding and growing as a person(not just in waistlines) and open yourself to new ideas?

No. I did not get priced out. My job MADE me come to San Antonio and I promise you the second I can leave this place, I will.

Until then, I will exploit San Antonio for all the money I can and I will shit upon this city for being second rate and low class.

:lol

Brazil
07-29-2012, 10:45 AM

I have never seen a big city with a shitty downtown...then I came to San Antonio..

this is because you don't know Detroit tbh

bus driver
07-30-2012, 11:26 AM
So second rate and low class that you can't get better money elsewhere. Sucks for you.

this thread is a classic

Trill Clinton
07-30-2012, 11:37 AM
I'm from here and I do wish SA wAs more progressive and a little less ghetto but what annoys me are these people moving here for whatever reason and overcrowding the faster thAn it is able to grow. It really ridiculous how many people are here now.

I agree

ididnotnothat
07-30-2012, 01:32 PM
I lived in NY for 4 years and I don't think I ever went above the 5th floor in any building and I didn't own a car just took the subway or a cab.