PDA

View Full Version : Seriously?

Yonivore
07-26-2012, 04:51 PM
Carney Refuses To Identify Capital Of Israel Twice In White House Press Briefing

dGEn1TZtEmQ

What the fuck? Does he just not know?

vy65
07-26-2012, 04:53 PM
why does that matter?

cantthinkofanything
07-26-2012, 04:55 PM
just seems like shit he should know

Yonivore
07-26-2012, 04:59 PM
why does that matter?
What is the Capital of Israel, vy65?

vy65
07-26-2012, 05:01 PM
Why's that matter, Yonivore?

Drachen
07-26-2012, 05:01 PM
what is the capital of israel, vy65?

"i"

Yonivore
07-26-2012, 05:04 PM
Why's that matter, Yonivore?
What matters is why Carney would answer the question with, "You know our position on that." Our President has a fucking position on the name of a city?

I wasn't aware the President had a "position" on the capitals of nations. So, now I'm curious, just what is the "position" of President Obama on what is the Capital of Israel.

But, for the record, what is the Capital of Israel, vy65?

TeyshaBlue
07-26-2012, 05:04 PM
"i"

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y64/teyshablue/Fishinabarrel.jpg

vy65
07-26-2012, 05:05 PM
I asked first. You haven't answered. Why's this shit matter?

Yonivore
07-26-2012, 05:10 PM
I asked first. You haven't answered. Why's this shit matter?
I've answered the question; it matters because we have a President that avoids answering it...just like you.

What is the Capital of Israel and why does our President have a "position" on it?

vy65
07-26-2012, 05:13 PM
I've answered the question; it matters because we have a President that avoids answering it...just like you.

What is the Capital of Israel and why does our President have a "position" on it?

So your issue is with the way the question was handled -- and not for substantive policy reasons?

clambake
07-26-2012, 05:13 PM
why are you asking carney?

Yonivore
07-26-2012, 05:19 PM
So your issue is with the way the question was handled -- and not for substantive policy reasons?
Apparently, there's a position. Aren't you curious?

By the way, I've answered the question so, your turn. What is the capital of Israel?

vy65
07-26-2012, 05:20 PM
Apparently, there's a position. Aren't you curious?

I was and I looked it up.

From the looks of it, I'd say you haven't.

cantthinkofanything
07-26-2012, 05:22 PM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y64/teyshablue/Fishinabarrel.jpg

http://www.firearmstoday.com/files/2011/07/gun-ban.jpg

CavsSuperFan
07-26-2012, 05:36 PM
What is the Capital of Israel?

I am going with Florida on that one...

Yonivore
07-26-2012, 05:37 PM
I was and I looked it up.

From the looks of it, I'd say you haven't.[/QUOTE]
I know President Obama has previously stated the correct capital of Israel. That's why it's curious that Carney would evade answering it today. Which is why I suspect the reporter asked the question. Perhaps the administration's position has evolved. Why would it have hurt for Carney to state the name of the Capital and move on?

What is the capital of Israel?

vy65
lol

sorry, the correct answer was Jew York...

Yonivore
What is the Capital of Israel?

I am going with Florida on that one...
:tu

vy65
07-26-2012, 05:41 PM
From the looks of it, I'd say you haven't.
I know President Obama has previously stated the correct capital of Israel. That's why it's curious that Carney would evade answering it today. Which is why I suspect the reporter asked the question. Perhaps the administration's position has evolved. Why would it have hurt for Carney to state the name of the Capital and move on?

What is the capital of Israel?

The administration has a position on it. You'd think the fact that the US Embassy is in Tel Aviv might have something to do with said position.

DarrinS
07-26-2012, 05:43 PM
I personally believe that, U.S. Americans are unable to do so, because some… people out there in our nation that don’t have maps, and I believe that our education, like such as in South Africa and the Iraq, everywhere like such as, and I believe that they should… our education over here in the U.S., should help the U.S., er, should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries so we will be able to build up our future.., for our children

Yonivore
07-26-2012, 05:57 PM
The administration has a position on it. You'd think the fact that the US Embassy is in Tel Aviv might have something to do with said position.
Really? Because, in 2008, the future President said this...

a8jBFe0Lfuk

"...Jerusalem will remain the capital of Israel and must remain undivided."

What changed his mind? And, perhaps this is why the question matters to begin with.

So, vy65, what is the Capital of Israel?

vy65
07-26-2012, 06:01 PM
Obama backed off those statements.

Why's this an issue in the first place? I thought you were upset about the press secretary dodging questions. Now that there's a rationale behind it, you're obfuscating.

lol AIPAC

Yonivore
07-26-2012, 06:07 PM
Obama backed off those statements.

Why's this an issue in the first place?

I thought you were upset about the press secretary dodging questions. Now that there's a rationale behind it, you're obfuscating.
I'm not upset at all. I'm just curious why Carny would dodge what, to me, is an easy question.

Because apparently (and I admit to being unaware until now) our President has had differing positions on what is the Capital of Israel. I think this was probably the impetus behind the question. And, I think Carney's evasion is indicative of an administration that is playing two ends against a middle.

Has Obama come out and said Tel Aviv is the Capital of Israel or, are you just basing his current position on the placement of an embassy?

So, what is the Capital of Israel, vy65?

vy65
07-26-2012, 06:09 PM
But you know why he dodged the questions - or you didn't bother looking up the administration's position on the issue - which is it?

Yonivore
07-26-2012, 06:13 PM
I know their position now. I posted the video because it was humorous but, after some digging, I see this administration has been backtracking for quite a while on the issue.

This State Department spokesperson does a much better job than Carney. Perhaps they should fire him and move her to the White House.

eSBh6C5eZgc

She still doesn't answer the question though.

No, I get what's happening, I'm just curious why Carney won't come out and say it.

Hell, you won't even say it.

ElNono
07-26-2012, 06:13 PM
I'm not upset at all.

lol

Th'Pusher
07-26-2012, 06:32 PM
Carney Refuses To Identify Capital Of Israel Twice In White House Press Briefing

dGEn1TZtEmQ

What the fuck? Does he just not know?

So, are you ready to go out on a limb and predict that Romney will win the Jewish vote in November?

78% of "God's Chosen People" voted for Obama in 2008. Does it upset you that the Jewish people will largely vote democratic this fall?

vy65
07-26-2012, 06:39 PM
Lol humurous.

Clearly Jerusalem is Israel's capital. Why the fuck does it matter what the press secretary says on that front?

Personally, I could give a fucks less what happens in Israel. And I really couldn't care less about what the press secretary thinks about world geography. Hence my question - why is this a big deal? Although given how little you know about the issue, I guess I shouldn't be surprised that you have nothing to say.

Yonivore
07-26-2012, 06:41 PM
Lol humurous.

Clearly Jerusalem is Israel's capital. Why the fuck does it matter what the press secretary says on that front?
Because he speaks for the President?

Personally, I could give a fucks less what happens in Israel. And I really couldn't care less about what the press secretary thinks about world geography. Hence my question - why is this a big deal? Although given how little you know about the issue, I guess I shouldn't be surprised that you have nothing to say.
I think the country deserves an explanation about why the President has changed his stance on the status of Jerusalem as the Capital of Israel, one of our strongest allies.

That's why I think it's important.

Th'Pusher
07-26-2012, 06:45 PM
Because he speaks for the President?

I think the country deserves an explanation about why the President has changed his stance on the status of Jerusalem as the Capital of Israel, one of our strongest allies.

That's why I think it's important.

Carney did say that the president's position has not changed. What are you basing this changed stance on?

ElNono
07-26-2012, 06:46 PM
Yoni thought the country deserved an explanation when the Queen got an iPod too.

After all, England is one of our strongest allies...

It's important!

FuzzyLumpkins
07-26-2012, 06:55 PM
It depends on who you ask because there is a serious contention as to Jerusalem. I know the US and UN consider it the capital but many more countries question Israels right to sovereignty over it.

The issu is moot. You don't answer loaded questions and for al of the grandstanding that is why he didn't respond.

And really guys why do you allow your decision be decided by minutiae like this. His press secretary refused to answer a question and this for you is the most politically significant event of the day?

gmfb.

Yoni, that type of 'thinking' is why our country sucks. Thanks.

vy65
07-26-2012, 06:56 PM
4th estate in action tbh

Yonivore
07-26-2012, 07:01 PM
Yoni thought the country deserved an explanation when the Queen got an iPod too.

After all, England is one of our strongest allies...

It's important!
When did you quit being a moderator and start being a troll on this forum?

Relationships with our allies are important and, while sometimes silly, they can be offended by the simplest gestures.

Romney: 'Looking Forward to the Bust of Winston Churchill Being in the Oval Office Again' (http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/romney-looking-forward-bust-winston-churchill-being-oval-office-again_649021.html)

ElNono
07-26-2012, 07:14 PM
When did you quit being a moderator and start being a troll on this forum?

Never been either...

Relationships with our allies are important and, while sometimes silly, they can be offended by the simplest gestures.

There's no doubt you can be offended by the simplest things...

vy65
07-26-2012, 07:17 PM
Wow

Yonivore
07-26-2012, 07:51 PM
Never been either...
Apparently, you're both. I put trolls on ignore and this is what happens when I try to put you there:

Sorry ElNono is a moderator/admin and you are not allowed to ignore him or her.
I guess we can expect you'll be flexing those muscles now that you know you have them.

There's no doubt you can be offended by the simplest things...
Then, of course, there's your "troll-speak."

ElNono
07-26-2012, 08:01 PM
Apparently, you're both. I put trolls on ignore and this is what happens when I try to put you there:

I guess we can expect you'll be flexing those muscles now that you know you have them.

I've never been a moderator, or a troll for that matter... :lol

You can ask timvp/Kori... perhaps it has to do with having moderator access strictly on the EC forum.

Then, of course, there's your "troll-speak."

The boutons of the red team calling anybody a troll? That's a lot of vitamin I right there... :lol

I don't like Barry any more than you do. Heck, I don't like Romney either. A centrist like me have no horse in this race.

But as much as it would be comedy gold to see Romney win just to see boutons' reaction, Barry winning the reelection would be just as much comedy gold seeing your reaction. Heck, you were already pretty entertaining in the pre/post 2008 election already.

Now keep spinning that faux indignation...lol

Yonivore
07-26-2012, 08:07 PM
I've never been a moderator, or a troll for that matter... :lol

Here's something for you to color:

http://www.coloring-pages-kids.com/coloring-pages/fantasy-medieval-coloring-pages/trolls-giants-coloring-pages/trolls-giants-coloring-pages-images/troll-giant-coloring-page-10.gif

ElNono
07-26-2012, 08:11 PM
Here's something for you to color:

that's really telling me :lol

Six junk threads started just today in the political forum by you. You gotta give boutons credit, he atleast keeps his garbage tidy.

Drachen
07-26-2012, 08:24 PM
that's really telling me :lol

Six junk threads started just today in the political forum by you. You gotta give boutons credit, he atleast keeps his garbage tidy.

can he start a thread called "VLWC news: gonna be a long thread" that will stay open for 1.25 years and still not reach 10 pages.... He could even set it up so that 90% of those posts in that thread are from him.

ElNono
07-26-2012, 08:28 PM
can he start a thread called "VLWC news: gonna be a long thread" that will stay open for 1.25 years and still not reach 10 pages.... He could even set it up so that 90% of those posts in that thread are from him.

There's a thought...

ChumpDumper
07-27-2012, 12:11 AM
Why didn't Bush move the US embassy to Jerusalem?

Yonivore
07-29-2012, 12:33 PM
Well, I'll be; Romney has no problem identifying the Capital of Israel.

ROMNEY: JERUSALEM CAPITAL OF ISRAEL (http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2012/07/29/Romney-Jerusalem-Capital-of-Israel)

mercos
07-29-2012, 12:44 PM
This is all irrelevant as the majority of the Jewish vote will be going to Obama. The right has tried to make him out to be an enemy of Israel because he has called for some concessions in the Palestinian negotiations, but Republicans have of course forgotten that in negotiations, concessions are always made. One need look no further than the actions of the current congress to see how well the Republican style of negotiations go.

Yonivore
07-29-2012, 01:25 PM
This is all irrelevant as the majority of the Jewish vote will be going to Obama. The right has tried to make him out to be an enemy of Israel because he has called for some concessions in the Palestinian negotiations, but Republicans have of course forgotten that in negotiations, concessions are always made. One need look no further than the actions of the current congress to see how well the Republican style of negotiations go.
Actually, the thread is about how the President's spokesperson is unable to do what Romney accomplished in just six words; "Jerusalem is the Capital of Israel." It's about how our current administration seems incapable of giving a straightforward answer to a straightforward question.

That's about what I posted this thread.

Why the American Jewish population, by and large, votes Democrat is an entirely different discussion.

PublicOption
07-29-2012, 01:39 PM
Everyone knows the capital of Israel is NYC!

boutons_deux
07-29-2012, 03:36 PM
Yoni intimidating Nono :lol