PDA

View Full Version : Lebron: "We would beat the Dream Team ..."

Killakobe81
07-27-2012, 01:32 PM
Look, we all know (most of us) he is wrong. He may be even more wrong than the idiots online that say NAS's new album aint da shit or that believe that the Young $ generation of rappers today could touch hip-hop's golden era of the 90's.

I am proud of Lebron and scared for the rest of the NBA. Lebron always had a big ego (The Chosen one tat, the third person dialogue) but now he seems seems to have a true inner confidence, (not just swag). Winning a title seems to validate to himself how great he really is and the scary thing is he can get better. No way does Lebron make this statement after last year's Finals. I think the willingness to take the same stance as Kobe speaks to his growth he has learned his place in the game and is now the proud owner of the "torch".

Personally, I think The Dream Team would crush the soft middle of this 2012 team. But Lebron is a force that neither MJ nor Scottie has ever seen the likes of. So of course, Lebron should like his chances. The 2012 team is blessed with 4 of the best scorers of all time. Melo, Durant, Lebron and even Kobe at 30 plus are elite level scorers. In a best of 7 I think 2012 could win ONE game ...maybe. And primarily because Lebron just MAY BE that good.

No way MJ lets them win a series or more than a game though. I for one would LOVE to have seen a MJ/Lebron matchup. The ultimate closer against the most dominant pure athlete I have ever seen.

For the story click here (http://espn.go.com/olympics/summer/2012/basketball/story/_/id/8205408/lebron-james-says-united-states-olympic-team-beat-1992-dream) (via ESPN)

Venti Quattro
07-27-2012, 01:33 PM
:lol LeBron copying Kobe's schtick

Clipper Nation
07-27-2012, 01:35 PM

LeClutch is just getting Kobrick back for biting his literary swag, tbh.....

Indazone
07-27-2012, 01:35 PM
That's funny. That dream team with Michael Jordan would absolutely crush this team. Especially if they were given time to train together like these guys were.

shyne
07-27-2012, 01:38 PM
First time Lebron or Durant would drive to the basket Malone would put an elbow to the throat or head and that would be the end of that shit.

Killakobe81
07-27-2012, 01:43 PM
First time Lebron or Durant would drive to the basket Malone would put an elbow to the throat or head and that would be the end of that shit.

Durant would just shoot 3's on the perimeter. Lebron would struggle in the half-court but in transition not even Pippen or MJ could stay with him ....

Stabula
07-27-2012, 01:51 PM
Lots of LeChoke cock sucking afoot today. Who cares about how confident or how egotistical he is? Everyone knows the 92 dream team would absolutely crush this team, it'd hardly be competitive. Especially with players like Westbrick, Mellow, and Hardon.
Immature "young money" fools just like to talk shit and stroke their own cocks anytime they're given a priviledge.

Lincoln
07-27-2012, 01:52 PM
Lots of LeChoke cock sucking afoot today. Who cares about how confident or how egotistical he is? Everyone knows the 92 dream team would absolutely crush this team, it'd hardly be competitive. Especially with players like Westbrick, Mellow, and Hardon.
Immature "young money" fools just like to talk shit and stroke their own cocks anytime they're given a priviledge.

Cool nicknames faggot

lefty
07-27-2012, 01:53 PM
Durant would just shoot 3's on the perimeter. Lebron would struggle in the half-court but in transition not even Pippen or MJ could stay with him ....
KD would struggle on the perimeter vs Pippen

And Transition D?

Chuck Daly would have a plan dont worry

Indazone
07-27-2012, 01:53 PM
They would just put Sir Charles on LeBrick and it would be over.

Brazil
07-27-2012, 01:55 PM
KD would struggle on the perimeter vs Pippen

And Transition D?

Chuck Daly would have a plan dont worry

why are you so obsessed with Batman tbh ?

Stabula
07-27-2012, 01:56 PM
Cool nicknames faggot

I think you're late for summer school, kid.

lefty
07-27-2012, 02:00 PM
why are you so obsessed with Batman tbh ?
WHy are you so obsessed with Parker ?

Clipper Nation
07-27-2012, 02:01 PM
LeChoke

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lwg6ezepWy1qzjix8.gif

baseline bum
07-27-2012, 02:01 PM
Look, we all know (most of us) he is wrong. He may be even more wrong than the idiots online that say NAS's new album aint da shit or that believe that the Young $ generation of rappers today could touch hip-hop's golden era of the 90's.

Sorry man, hiphop's golden era was the late 80s. I'll take the full NWA crew together over Dre & Snoop, Ice Cube, and Eazy's work in the 90s (plus Ren sounded like shit when he got fat in the 90s), I'll take KRS over Biggie, Ice-T over 2Pac, PE over Outkast, etc. (Nas, Main Source, and Wu-Tang make it closer, though Ultramagnetic is a big point for the 80s).

Clipper Nation
07-27-2012, 02:03 PM
They would just put Sir Charles on LeBrick and it would be over.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5y8hphTlK1r98qz6o1_500.gif

Clipper Nation
07-27-2012, 02:04 PM
I think you're late for summer school, kid.

http://i51.tinypic.com/2euquxx.gif

pass1st
07-27-2012, 02:06 PM
Lebron is usually too scared to say things like that to the press, it's a step forward for him. If you have an ego, embrace it as long as you got a reason to have an ego

Stabula
07-27-2012, 02:12 PM
Your ego is the weak part of your soul. That's why it is so easily bruised.

Clipper Nation
07-27-2012, 02:15 PM
Your ego is the weak part of your soul. That's why it is so easily bruised.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m78ebpqEEU1ravceoo1_500.gif

lakerhaterade
07-27-2012, 02:18 PM
:lol stabula

:lol faggot username

:lol satanism

Stabula
07-27-2012, 02:20 PM
:lol stabula

:lol faggot username

:lol satanism

It's obviously summer time when all the teenagers come out to talk shit with aimless insults. Come back when your balls drop.

lakerhaterade
07-27-2012, 02:22 PM
It's obviously summer time when all the teenagers come out to talk shit with aimless insults. Come back when your balls drop.

Maybe you should go drink Satan's blood and perform all that fake ritual shit, faggot.

Clipper Nation
07-27-2012, 02:23 PM

http://i.minus.com/iM0ZAx7ZydNC3.gif

Calispursfan11
07-27-2012, 02:26 PM
LOL, Ewing, Malone and D-Rob would crush them down low. This USA team doesn't even have a true center. 220 lb Anthony Davis, LOL. Malone would break that little kid in half.

LkrFan
07-27-2012, 02:42 PM
Take away the "no hand check" rules and i believe Prime Scottie would lock LeBron down. Scottie is the best defensive player I've ever seen. Dream is a close 2nd.

pass1st
07-27-2012, 02:44 PM
Take away the "no hand check" rules and i believe Prime Scottie would lock LeBron down. Scottie is the best defensive player I've ever seen. Dream is a close 2nd.

Prime Rodman could probably get it done too, nobody gonna shut LBJ down but limit him to under 45%? Sure.

Kidd K
07-27-2012, 02:46 PM
I lost interest in the OP after the rapper album references.

So :downspin:

baseline bum
07-27-2012, 02:46 PM
No one's locking LeBron down, but I find it hard to believe that an agile bigman like Robinson isn't going to be able to switch on pick and rolls and the like. Maybe not Ewing, since it seemed like he knee problems a lot of his career. The 92 Dream Team crushes the 12 version. If they were healthy and had Howard it might be a good matchup, but no way with the team as it is.

LkrFan
07-27-2012, 02:49 PM
Prime Rodman could probably get it done too, nobody gonna shut LBJ down but limit him to under 45%? Sure.

The Worm was a bad dude too. Det '96 Bulls team had three versatile 1st team all defenders on it. Defensively, Scottie was the lynchpin IMHO. Very underrated player.

LkrFan
07-27-2012, 03:05 PM
Kobe looks like a midget next to LeBron in this pic. He looks barely taller than CP3:

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/406305_10151066827440419_333586510_n.jpg

8FOR!3
07-27-2012, 03:14 PM
LOL why doesn't LeBron stop worrying about beating the Dream Team and think about beating France first. After watching them play Argentina, it's not like France is going to lay down for them.

LkrFan
07-27-2012, 03:15 PM
LOL why doesn't LeBron stop worrying about beating the Dream Team and think about beating France first. After watching them play Argentina, it's not like France is going to lay down for them.

Spoken like a TP apologist. Well played sir. :lol

namlook
07-27-2012, 03:58 PM
No way MJ lets them win a series or more than a game though.

Jordan was not infallable. He got swept by the Celtics, lost in the playoffs three years in a row to the Pistons, lost to the Orlando Magic in the playoffs, lost two games in the finals to the Suns, Jazz (twice), Trailblazers and Sonics, and this 2012 team wouldn't win more than one game because he wouldn't let them? Yeah right.

ElNono
07-27-2012, 04:02 PM
tbh, this team can't hold a candle to that '92 team... winning scoring margin of 40+ points per game... it was brutal...

namlook
07-27-2012, 04:05 PM
tbh, this team can't hold a candle to that '92 team... winning scoring margin of 40+ points per game... it was brutal...

There rest of the world has gotten much better than they were in '92. The other teams have lots of NBA players now. There's no way the '92 team wins by 40+ a game now.

Koolaid_Man
07-27-2012, 04:15 PM
I know you guys are dying to hear my thoughts on this...be patient I will in due time ..I'm cooking right now...getting ready for the Olympics.

pass1st
07-27-2012, 04:18 PM
Kobe looks like a midget next to LeBron in this pic. He looks barely taller than CP3:

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/406305_10151066827440419_333586510_n.jpg

Might not be wearing shoes. CP3 is like 5'11

The Batman
07-27-2012, 04:28 PM

Damn, what used to be of LeBron's hairline.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uKDZAaVmnqw/Tea8KuEfCqI/AAAAAAAAJsY/blSaJwhFLmU/s1600/Screen%2Bshot%2B2011-06-01%2Bat%2B3.22.59%2BPM.png

Indazone
07-27-2012, 04:28 PM
lol @ Lebron thinking they could beat a team with Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, Charles Barkley, Michael Jordan, Malone, Robinson, Pippen, Ewing, Drexler, and Stockton on it.

The Batman
07-27-2012, 04:32 PM
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/558122_10150963785853045_1947690946_n.jpg

resistanze
07-27-2012, 04:34 PM
Sorry man, hiphop's golden era was the late 80s. I'll take the full NWA crew together over Dre & Snoop, Ice Cube, and Eazy's work in the 90s (plus Ren sounded like shit when he got fat in the 90s), I'll take KRS over Biggie, Ice-T over 2Pac, PE over Outkast, etc. (Nas, Main Source, and Wu-Tang make it closer, though Ultramagnetic is a big point for the 80s).

Dunno brah. For the 90s gotta add Add Gang Starr, M.O.P., De La Soul, The Roots, Geto Boys Masta Ace Inc, Mobb Deep, Redman (and Kool Keith still doing work)...Might go with the 1990-1996 if we can't cross over decades.

Indazone
07-27-2012, 04:37 PM
There rest of the world has gotten much better than they were in '92. The other teams have lots of NBA players now. There's no way the '92 team wins by 40+ a game now.

You're right not 40+

They would beat today's teams by 20+

LkrFan
07-27-2012, 04:37 PM
Damn, what used to be of LeBron's hairline.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uKDZAaVmnqw/Tea8KuEfCqI/AAAAAAAAJsY/blSaJwhFLmU/s1600/Screen%2Bshot%2B2011-06-01%2Bat%2B3.22.59%2BPM.png

:lol

HeatChamps
07-27-2012, 04:41 PM
lol Dream Team had no competition in the day. This team is definitely better as the rest of the world got so much better as well.

HeatChamps
07-27-2012, 04:43 PM
lol @ Lebron thinking they could beat a team with Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, Charles Barkley, Michael Jordan, Malone, Robinson, Pippen, Ewing, Drexler, and Stockton on it.
The game has evolved. Defense is way tougher these days. And Bird was done at that point. A bigger stiff than Dirk at that point. Lebron would tap that ass.

ElNono
07-27-2012, 04:44 PM

I agree the competition is better now, but it was still a 40 min game back then too... 40+ point a game margin is just insane.

ElNono
07-27-2012, 04:45 PM
A stiff Bird was still >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Kevin Love... let's stop pretending there's no stiffs in this team either...

pass1st
07-27-2012, 04:49 PM
I agree the competition is better now, but it was still a 40 min game back then too... 40+ point a game margin is just insane.

We didn't have communist super ballers in 1992, sadly. Revenge that will never be fulfilled

Koolaid_Man
07-27-2012, 04:55 PM

Give me credit for stealing my shit...I'm the one that first introduced the board to Rodman getting up in Lebron's ass...don't even try to front...

Koolaid_Man
07-27-2012, 04:57 PM

not if you're playing teams no better than high school talent...get a grip dude...those fucking international teams back then were shit...the Dream Team didn't fucking play nobody...all the played was offense NO defense what-so-ever because they didn't have to..wake up smell the shit :lol

Koolaid_Man
07-27-2012, 04:58 PM
The game has evolved. Defense is way tougher these days. And Bird was done at that point. A bigger stiff than Dirk at that point. Lebron would tap that ass.

Lebron would have drove past Bird easily..but Bird would have shot Lebron out of the gym....Bird didn't win on athleticism he won on smarts and skill...

Koolaid_Man
07-27-2012, 05:03 PM
You're right not 40+

They would beat today's teams by 20+

wrong again you're trying to compare today's USA team with inferior talent from international teams in the 90's...to err is Indazone :lol

It would be a toss-up..and if Dwight and Blake are playing instead of Tyson today's team win easily,

Dwight and Blake would cancel Malone and Barkley, Tyson and Ewing would then be even...

that leaves the Perimeter...Kobe Lebron vs MJ and Magic...I'm going with Kobe and Lebron..MJ and Kobe would cancel and Lebron would edge out Magic...:toast

ElNono
07-27-2012, 05:10 PM
not if you're playing teams no better than high school talent...

:lol Drazen Petrovic and Tony Kukoc high school talent
:lol your basketball takes
:lol probably not even born in '92
:lol pink

Koolaid_Man
07-27-2012, 05:13 PM

I am proud of Lebron and scared for the rest of the NBA. Lebron always had a big ego (The Chosen one tat, the third person dialogue) but now he seems seems to have a true inner confidence, (not just swag). Winning a title seems to validate to himself how great he really is and the scary thing is he can get better. No way does Lebron make this statement after last year's Finals. I think the willingness to take the same stance as Kobe speaks to his growth he has learned his place in the game and is now the proud owner of the "torch".

Personally, I think The Dream Team would crush the soft middle of this 2012 team. But Lebron is a force that neither MJ nor Scottie has ever seen the likes of. So of course, Lebron should like his chances. The 2012 team is blessed with 4 of the best scorers of all time. Melo, Durant, Lebron and even Kobe at 30 plus are elite level scorers. In a best of 7 I think 2012 could win ONE game ...maybe. And primarily because Lebron just MAY BE that good.

No way MJ lets them win a series or more than a game though. I for one would LOVE to have seen a MJ/Lebron matchup. The ultimate closer against the most dominant pure athlete I have ever seen.

For the story click here (http://espn.go.com/olympics/summer/2012/basketball/story/_/id/8205408/lebron-james-says-united-states-olympic-team-beat-1992-dream) (via ESPN)

Listen...a prime MJ and a Prime Kobe is better than a prime Lebron...listen I like some of your takes but you don't strike me as a person that "really" knows the game..

MJ and Kobe have the same killer mindset...Lebron simply does not posses it...a Prime MJ and Kobe would have cancelled each other..A prime MJ or Kobe would have destroyed Lebron...Lebron would be able to score but he wouldn't know how to defend against that type of talent that was incessant and fearless..MJ and Kobe both had way better low post games than Lebron, better mid-range than lebron and better outside shots than Lebron, were better defenders, and better winning instincts than Lebron...

MJ in particular would have tore Lebron a new asshole...Lebron even at this stage wouldn't be ready to deal with that kind of hawkish pressure and tenacity from MJ...again Bruce Bowen was the best on ball defender I've seen since Dennis Rodman (and Rodman was even better)..Remember what a prime Kobe did to Bruce Bowen...no way could Lebron stay in front of Kobe...too slow laterally...

Lebron will have the torch for only 1 more year before Durant takes it from him...but I'd giver him the slight edge over Durant but just barely...

Koolaid_Man
07-27-2012, 05:15 PM
:lol Drazen Petrovic and Tony Kukoc high school talent
:lol your basketball takes
:lol probably not even born in '92
:lol pink

like I said no better than high school talent...especially in the context of playing the dream team

Koolaid_Man
07-27-2012, 05:18 PM

Lebron copies everything Kobe does...

Kobe goes to Hakeem
Lebron goes to Hakeem

Kobe commits to team USA early
Lebron commits to team USA early

Kobe says we'd beat the dream team
Lebron says we'd beat the dream team

I guess Lebron wants to be like the best

Koolaid_Man
07-27-2012, 05:21 PM
Injuries is key..all things being equal..add our injured players Wade, Blake, and Dwight and it changes everything...

Kobe
Melo
Wade
Lebron
Durant
Dwight
Blake
CP3
D-Will
Westbrook

beats

MJ
Magic
Bird
Barkly
Malone
Ewing
Robinson
Stockton

Killakobe81
07-27-2012, 05:31 PM

Ok late 80's was hot but look at the classic albulms that dropped in the 90s: death certificate, midnight marauders, enter the 36, the infamous, illmatic, ready to die, reasonable doubt, Cuban linx, iron man, doggy style, southerplayistic, atliens, soul food, itz dark and hell is hot,

Killakobe81
07-27-2012, 05:40 PM
Listen...a prime MJ and a Prime Kobe is better than a prime Lebron...listen I like some of your takes but you don't strike me as a person that "really" knows the game..

MJ and Kobe have the same killer mindset...Lebron simply does not posses it...a Prime MJ and Kobe would have cancelled each other..A prime MJ or Kobe would have destroyed Lebron...Lebron would be able to score but he wouldn't know how to defend against that type of talent that was incessant and fearless..MJ and Kobe both had way better low post games than Lebron, better mid-range than lebron and better outside shots than Lebron, were better defenders, and better winning instincts than Lebron...

MJ in particular would have tore Lebron a new asshole...Lebron even at this stage wouldn't be ready to deal with that kind of hawkish pressure and tenacity from MJ...again Bruce Bowen was the best on ball defender I've seen since Dennis Rodman (and Rodman was even better)..Remember what a prime Kobe did to Bruce Bowen...no way could Lebron stay in front of Kobe...too slow laterally...

Lebron will have the torch for only 1 more year before Durant takes it from him...but I'd giver him the slight edge over Durant but just barely...

You a Laker "soldier", so ill be gentle, but you don't know more about ball than me. What does a prime Kobe have to do with this post? I love Kobe's game but he is past his prime. Sure he is still better than most of these bitch made pseudo superstars. Kobe is one of those throwback 90s niccas. But on this 2012 team LeBron is the star. Kobe showed him how to close in 2008 now LeBron needs to show what he learned and so far I like what I see. I can't be like the Kobe haters that still hate even though Kobe rang twice sans Shaq. LeBron won finally so I hope he realizes his full potential.

Brazil
07-27-2012, 05:42 PM
WHy are you so obsessed with Parker ?

no need to be defensive I was just asking a simple question tbh

Killakobe81
07-27-2012, 05:48 PM
Ok late 80's was hot but look at the classic albulms that dropped in the 90s: death certificate, midnight marauders, enter the 36, the infamous, illmatic, ready to die, reasonable doubt, Cuban linx, iron man, doggy style, southerplayistic, atliens, soul food, itz dark and hell is hot,

There are so many more but doing this on a train on my Android ...90s shits on every decade overall. Late 80's is probably second the early part of it was very mediocre.

Other 90's stars: gangstar, de la soul, tha liks, pharcyde, ras kas, dj quik, amg, brand Nubian, xclan, eminem, xzibit mos def I could go on Pac, Breed,

baseline bum
07-27-2012, 05:52 PM

Great albums for sure, but I'll put Criminal Minded, Yo! Bum Rush the Show, Straight Outta Compton, Eazy Duz It (most underrated 80s hiphop album), Power, Rhyme Pays, Paid in Full, It Takes a Nation of Millions, Critical Beatdown, Strictly Business, 3 Feet High and Rising, As Nasty As They Wanna Be, The Great Adventures of Slick Rick, The Cactus Album, and Raising Hell against any other era. If we're going to include a whole decade though, I'll put Run DMC's debut, The Furious Five's The Message, and the Fat Boys in the mix too. Oops, forgot Kool Moe Dee too. If you never heard it, look for the battle rap between him and Busy Bee; he just kills Busy Bee in some classic shit.

EDIT: Here it is, from 1981
QCQBiZgL6g0

Also, your 90s list is incomplete without Breaking Atoms (2nd best album of the decade behind Illmatic, and it has what is easily the greatest verse of Nas' career), The Low End Theory, Bow Down, and Curb Servin. Can't agree with Reasonable Doubt: I thought that album was grossly overrated outside of D'Evils (which is amazing). I also though AmeriKKKa's Most was Cube's best solo; his delivery worked really well with those loud Bomb Squad beats.

Koolaid_Man
07-27-2012, 06:00 PM
You a Laker "soldier", so ill be gentle, but you don't know more about ball than me. What does a prime Kobe have to do with this post? I love Kobe's game but he is past his prime. Sure he is still better than most of these bitch made pseudo superstars. Kobe is one of those throwback 90s niccas. But on this 2012 team LeBron is the star. Kobe showed him how to close in 2008 now LeBron needs to show what he learned and so far I like what I see. I can't be like the Kobe haters that still hate even though Kobe rang twice sans Shaq. LeBron won finally so I hope he realizes his full potential.

everything I said was predicated on comments your previous post...

You kinda sound like every one that was enamored with Shaq's girth...

First off I think 2012 could win the series all things be equal on the injury front...but Lebron would not be the reason they won it would be because of 2012's ability (collectively) to get to the rim...Lebron would have been heat checked early and often...those vets from 92 would have shut him down to the point that all he would be doing is shooting 3's...he has the body to play in the 80's and 90's but he doesn't have the mindset...

MJ in his prime (and Kobe as well) for the reason's I've stated would have beat Lebron pretty handily...Lebron would be a tough cover but his lack of mid -range and low post excludes him from the debate of beating MJ or Kobe...his size alone wouldn't be enough...

as for dominance...Shaq was the most dominant ever but not the best...Duncan was actually better than Shaq but Shaq was mroe dominant...same concept with Lebron when comparing him with MJ and Kobe..he may be more dominant but not the best...

Had it not been for Kobe pressing Shaq to get in Duncan's ass the Spurs would have owned us in the early 2000's..

I remember once Shaq going to the sideline and complaining to Phil about some shit Duncan was doing..and Kobe went over said: "Man why don't you just slam his ass in the paint."

Shaq was another one who had the size but not the mentality...

baseline bum
07-27-2012, 06:02 PM
Here's the Nas verse I was talking about from Breaking Atoms. Not only is it Nas' best, but it's possibly the greatest one ever put on wax.

S-zndpG0eS8

It's easy to see why Sony put so much money into Illmatic after hearing this. The Nasty Nas mixtape is worth checking too.

Latarian Milton
07-27-2012, 06:16 PM
wrong again you're trying to compare today's USA team with inferior talent from international teams in the 90's...to err is Indazone :lol

It would be a toss-up..and if Dwight and Blake are playing instead of Tyson today's team win easily,

Dwight and Blake would cancel Malone and Barkley, Tyson and Ewing would then be even...

that leaves the Perimeter...Kobe Lebron vs MJ and Magic...I'm going with Kobe and Lebron..MJ and Kobe would cancel and Lebron would edge out Magic...:toast

if today's team get rid of the class-1 douchebag named kobe bryant then they probably have a chance to win. 92' team was more of a team with great chemistry and the teammates were all those whom jordan enjoyed playing with, while those others disliked by jordan were filtered out despite how good they were. barkley was easily a top5 player back then but he got snubbed, instead they selected the TOSB version larry bird, and magic johnson who had already retired from NBA prior to the olympics

you don't have such a #1 guy like jordan on today's team and even if you have one, it's surely NOT kobe bryant tbh. who the fuck does the rapist think he is to say this?

Ice009
07-27-2012, 07:02 PM
http://espn.go.com/olympics/summer/2012/basketball/story/_/id/8205408/lebron-james-says-united-states-olympic-team-beat-1992-dream

Jordan told The Associated Press he laughed when he heard of Bryant's comments.

"For him to compare those two teams is not one of the smarter things he ever could have done," Jordan said.

HeatChamps
07-27-2012, 07:03 PM
Lebron>Jordan

Venti Quattro
07-27-2012, 07:09 PM

Yeah, and then Malone will choke on a cock.

Venti Quattro
07-27-2012, 07:10 PM

:lmao :lmao :lmao France :lmao :lmao :lmao

U serious bro?

The Batman
07-27-2012, 07:20 PM

U serious bro?

Bro, he be serious :lmao:lmao:lmao:rollin

Clipper Nation
07-27-2012, 07:41 PM
There are so many more but doing this on a train on my Android ...90s shits on every decade overall. Late 80's is probably second the early part of it was very mediocre.

Other 90's stars: gangstar, de la soul, tha liks, pharcyde, ras kas, dj quik, amg, brand Nubian, xclan, eminem, xzibit mos def I could go on Pac, Breed,

Binary Star, Shyheim, Masta Ace, Jeru, The Roots, Black Moon, Talib Kweli, Hiero, Souls of Mischief, Genelec, Big L....

Stalin
07-27-2012, 08:27 PM
We didn't have communist super ballers in 1992, sadly. Revenge that will never be fulfilled

:cry:cry

Indazone
07-27-2012, 08:43 PM

Keep drinkin the Koolaid...make yours grape. I'll give you International competition has improved since 92 but not 40 points improved. That was just a ridiculous dream team.

Stalin
07-27-2012, 08:50 PM
^ wow she's hot

100%duncan
07-28-2012, 01:38 AM
At least he got some ballzzz.

LkrFan
07-28-2012, 07:18 AM
Kobe and LeBron are both full of shit. :lol '92 team would murder this 2012 team. Real talk.

galvatron3000
07-28-2012, 09:29 AM
Try beating Dream Team II and III which they wouldn't be able to do either.

Agloco
07-28-2012, 10:05 AM

This seems to be a thinly veiled LeBron vs GOAT discussion.

Spursfan092120
07-28-2012, 10:17 AM
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/loHBRcfisR0/0.jpg

http://blitzsportsnetwork.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/1992-Dream-Team-Magic-Johnson.jpg

but Bird had the best response of all

http://media.thehoopdoctors.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/birdtweet.jpg

TE
07-28-2012, 11:22 AM
Bird's comments are gold :lol

Real talk though, the 1992 squad would have a clear advantage in the frontcourt which I think propels them forward. The talk that the 1992 team would dismantle this year's team though is pretty stupid. One has to especially consider the athletic and skill improvement in NBA athletes for the ongoing 20 years. This isn't 1992 were the rest of the world is made up of nonathletic half-skilled players.

Wild Cobra Kai
07-28-2012, 12:04 PM
Bird's comments are gold :lol

Real talk though, the 1992 squad would have a clear advantage in the frontcourt which I think propels them forward. The talk that the 1992 team would dismantle this year's team though is pretty stupid. One has to especially consider the athletic and skill improvement in NBA athletes for the ongoing 20 years. This isn't 1992 were the rest of the world is made up of nonathletic half-skilled players.

There were plenty of athletes on that '92 team, too. The tipping factor, though, would be the bigs. The 92 team would have scored at will in the paint, and stopped paint scoring by the 2012 team. Chandler just couldn't handle all of the size on that team by himself.

Stalin
07-28-2012, 12:54 PM
lol chandler would get buttfucked by multiple hall of fame bigs

pass1st
07-28-2012, 01:10 PM
Laettner vs Davis would be the deciding factor

Stalin
07-28-2012, 01:27 PM
bird trolling

ChrisRichards
07-28-2012, 02:52 PM
Please explain why he's wrong.

Obviously the 92 Dream Team was amazing. But I feel like they are overrated a bit. Sure they demolished teams like Angola, Lithuania and Purto Rico to name a few. But the international competition then sucks.

Their biggest competition was Croatia and that team was considered a "threat" because back then they featured 3 NBA caliber players that were no more than role players in the league tbh (Kukoc, Petrovic, Radja). They neutralized a young Kukoc who never saw that kind of competition to begin with so that team wasn't really hard to beat in the first place. I mean, hell, I think the 2004 olympic Team that won Bronze will have a cake walk against those 92 International Teams.

Nowadays you guys have players like the Gasol, Ginobili, Ibaka, etc playing for their National Teams, I mean one of these players can easily qualify a spot fot that 92 Dream Team if they have American Citizenship. I'm just poiniting out that the quality of players has tremendously increased since then.

Also, that 92 Dream Team was pretty old and slow tbh. Pippen, Jordan, Barkley, Malone, Robinson and Ewing were all obviously in their prime. But guys like Chris Mullin, Larry Bird, Christian Laettner were pretty horrible back ups.

Put it this way. No one can stop Lebron. Not even Skinny Pippen and not Jordan ROFL. Malone can body him up, sure, but Bron is too quick for him. Barkley? Forget it, he doesn't play defense. Westbrook is way too quick for any players in that team. Westbrook can score at ease. Add scorers like Durant and Melo and you'll get the picture of this team easily scoring at will. Magic Johnson and Stockton or any of their guards not named Jordan won;t be able to handle the trio of CP3, Deron and Westbrook

Defensively, the 2012 team is pretty good. Lebron and Iguodala are outstanding defensive players. Kobe can lock Magic Johnson real good. Lebron would totally make it harder for Jordan.

The biggest concern of course is the 2012's lack of size. But in FIBA rules and the way the OG Dream Team played (which was more transitional and up tempo) they really negate the use of their big men. Patrick Ewing was actually used as a spot up shooter at the left wing and Robinson was used as a cut and drive player on the offensive end. To be honest, that team didn't had any offense for their big men.

The 2012 Dream Team lacked size, true, but what they lack for it, they more than make up with their speed and a healthy mix of unstoppable offensive weapons. With one game on the line, its not crazy to think that Kobe and Lebron could lift this team to victory

ChrisRichards
07-28-2012, 02:55 PM
Truth is Jordan nor Pippen had faced a guy like Lebron. Lebron's the perfect basketball player and I'm confident that in ateam full of great players, Lebron at his best is far more vaulable and better than Jordan at his best.

Stalin
07-28-2012, 03:19 PM
Another advantage dream team has over these posers, is that back then they were more competitive and took basketball more serious. These days players are all about getting indorsements and patting each other on the bum to keep that gravy train going. Its more about money, dream team would absolutelly destroy psychologically this team led by lebron, who'm every one was calling the biggest choker ever just a few months ago.

Kyl3
07-28-2012, 03:19 PM
I didn't realize Nas released a new album. I guess I gotta get that. No doubt, it won't be as good as his old ones, but out of respect...

And baseline although you prefer the late 80's hip hop, you gotta agree the 90's were far better than todays "rap".

Stalin
07-28-2012, 03:24 PM
Please explain why he's wrong.

Obviously the 92 Dream Team was amazing. But I feel like they are overrated a bit. Sure they demolished teams like Angola, Lithuania and Purto Rico to name a few. But the international competition then sucks.

Their biggest competition was Croatia and that team was considered a "threat" because back then they featured 3 NBA caliber players that were no more than role players in the league tbh (Kukoc, Petrovic, Radja). They neutralized a young Kukoc who never saw that kind of competition to begin with so that team wasn't really hard to beat in the first place. I mean, hell, I think the 2004 olympic Team that won Bronze will have a cake walk against those 92 International Teams.

Nowadays you guys have players like the Gasol, Ginobili, Ibaka, etc playing for their National Teams, I mean one of these players can easily qualify a spot fot that 92 Dream Team if they have American Citizenship. I'm just poiniting out that the quality of players has tremendously increased since then.

Also, that 92 Dream Team was pretty old and slow tbh. Pippen, Jordan, Barkley, Malone, Robinson and Ewing were all obviously in their prime. But guys like Chris Mullin, Larry Bird, Christian Laettner were pretty horrible back ups.

Put it this way. No one can stop Lebron. Not even Skinny Pippen and not Jordan ROFL. Malone can body him up, sure, but Bron is too quick for him. Barkley? Forget it, he doesn't play defense. Westbrook is way too quick for any players in that team. Westbrook can score at ease. Add scorers like Durant and Melo and you'll get the picture of this team easily scoring at will. Magic Johnson and Stockton or any of their guards not named Jordan won;t be able to handle the trio of CP3, Deron and Westbrook

Defensively, the 2012 team is pretty good. Lebron and Iguodala are outstanding defensive players. Kobe can lock Magic Johnson real good. Lebron would totally make it harder for Jordan.

The biggest concern of course is the 2012's lack of size. But in FIBA rules and the way the OG Dream Team played (which was more transitional and up tempo) they really negate the use of their big men. Patrick Ewing was actually used as a spot up shooter at the left wing and Robinson was used as a cut and drive player on the offensive end. To be honest, that team didn't had any offense for their big men.

The 2012 Dream Team lacked size, true, but what they lack for it, they more than make up with their speed and a healthy mix of unstoppable offensive weapons. With one game on the line, its not crazy to think that Kobe and Lebron could lift this team to victory

so much fail in this :lol

not even going to bother

ChrisRichards
07-28-2012, 03:50 PM
You're not going to bother something that's hard to dispute tbh. We know that. I can see who grew up in the "Space Jam" age. These people are so high on nostalgic weed, they're all willing to overlook reality :lol

Again, Pippen and Jordan wouldn't handle Lebron. The 2012 secondary unit would run all over Larry Bird, Chris Mullin, Robinson, Drexler, and Stockton lol.

Winning games in basketball is all about the team who can get hot and put more buckets. 2012 Dream Team is comprised of more talented scorers, they are faster and they have more play makers than the original one. Guys like Melo, Durant, Lebron, CP3 and even Kobe would have a feast on the very anemic defensive presence of the OG team. The OG's brightest spot in the perimeter are MJ and Pip after that its downhill.

Stalin
07-28-2012, 04:02 PM
You're not going to bother something that's hard to dispute tbh. We know that. I can see who grew up in the "Space Jam" age. These people are so high on nostalgic weed, they're all willing to overlook reality :lol

Again, Pippen and Jordan wouldn't handle Lebron. The 2012 secondary unit would run all over Larry Bird, Chris Mullin, Robinson, Drexler, and Stockton lol.

Winning games in basketball is all about the team who can get hot and put more buckets. 2012 Dream Team is comprised of more talented scorers, they are faster and they have more play makers than the original one. Guys like Melo, Durant, Lebron, CP3 and even Kobe would have a feast on the very anemic defensive presence of the OG team. The OG's brightest spot in the perimeter are MJ and Pip after that its downhill.

you're grasping at straws, which is a dead giveaway you either dumb or trolling, so why bother?

ChrisRichards
07-28-2012, 04:06 PM
You haven't posted something of substance, for example "These days players are all about getting indorsements and patting each other on the bum to keep that gravy train going. Its more about money"

I mean, seriously brah. Step your game up. Tell us why the OG dream team would beat this generations olympic team, because players getting endorsements has nothing to do with it. :rolleyes

ChrisRichards
07-28-2012, 04:13 PM
James Harden alone would own Larry Bird and Chris Mullin in this game tbh :lol

OG's brightest spot are their big men but Coach Daly has always been a transition, perimeter orented coach. Mike K would totally own him since he has always advocated a much more balanced offense/defense than Daly who simply relied on the weak competition to win the Gold Medal.

Stalin
07-28-2012, 04:27 PM
has nothing to do with their competition, and more to do with the players involved, like jordan said when you get 11 future hall of famers playing on the same team, get back to me, until then continue talking about the impact of coaches, lol

ChrisRichards
07-28-2012, 04:33 PM
See thats your problem brah. You listenin to what Mike said. That proves you're from the Space Jam generation. :lol The guy drafted Morrison and Kwame Brown. He was also the GM of some of the worst NBA teams in league history. Clearly, Mike as a talent evaluator should not be taken seriously, so this is Mike being Mike.

That being said, that team did have 11 HOF'ers but it has nothing to do with the game on the line. Bird was useless, Chris Mullin was useless, Laettner was useless, Jordan would get owned by Lebron, Skinny Pippen would never stop Lebron CROFL. I have so much ammo but I'm not even going to load anymore. :lol

ChrisRichards
07-28-2012, 04:36 PM
Sir Charles: "We Would Have Whooped LeBron's Butt"

http://espn.go.com/olympics/summer/2012/basketball/story/_/id/8205408/charles-barkley-responds-to-LeBron-dream-team

That's coming from a guy who doesn't have a championship :lol STFU Charles.

ChrisRichards
07-28-2012, 04:39 PM
Actually, the 2012 Dream Team are 3 players away from actually guaranteeing a win against that 92 team. If Griffin, Howard and Wade were not injured, I have them winning by 16.

Stalin
07-28-2012, 04:58 PM
See thats your problem brah. You listenin to what Mike said. That proves you're from the Space Jam generation. :lol The guy drafted Morrison and Kwame Brown. He was also the GM of some of the worst NBA teams in league history. Clearly, Mike as a talent evaluator should not be taken seriously, so this is Mike being Mike.

That being said, that team did have 11 HOF'ers but it has nothing to do with the game on the line. Bird was useless, Chris Mullin was useless, Laettner was useless, Jordan would get owned by Lebron, Skinny Pippen would never stop Lebron CROFL. I have so much ammo but I'm not even going to load anymore. :lol

Jordans failure as gm is irrelevant, to his abilities as a basketball player. Jordan would get owned by lebron? lol you're retarded, pippen wouldn't be the only one trying to slow down lebron, it would be jordan pippen and all the bigs inside, what will lebron do if he can't penetrate, he doesn't even have a perimeter game :lol

They wouldn't be playing 12 deep either.

top 8 players on each team

jordan
pippen
magic
robinson
barkley
malone
ewing
stockton

will get beat by???

lebron
durant
kobe
paul
d will
westbrook
chandler
love

you have got to be kidding me :lol:lol:lol

kill yourself immediatelly!!!

ChrisRichards
07-28-2012, 05:14 PM
Jordans failure as gm is irrelevant, to his abilities as a basketball player. Jordan would get owned by lebron?!!!

Lebron is a better ball player than Jordan. No shame in that.

pippen wouldn't be the only one trying to slow down lebron, it would be jordan pippen and all the bigs inside, ?!!!

Brah, you act like this is Lebron vs 5 players on the court. Ever heard of the word "pass" :lol

what will lebron do if he can't penetrate, he doesn't even have a perimeter game :lol ?!!!

Again, the word "pass" comes to mind. The 2012 team have far more shooters than the 92 version.

They wouldn't be playing 12 deep either.

top 8 players on each team

jordan- Their only bright spot as the 2012 team don't have an aswer for this.
pippen-Skinny Pippen would get owned by Lebron. Dude can't even check Anthony Mason :lol and Lebron is about 100 x better.
magic-CP3 and Deron Williams would run circles on him.
robinson-Tyson Chandler can check this cat
barkley-Lol
malone- They'll put Love away on the perimeter lane, further opening up the lane for the slashers.
ewing- Pat was useless in that team. He won't be much use in this game either.
stockton-Lol. Westbrook can check Stockton but Stockton can't check Westbrook :lol?!!!

will get beat by???

lebron- 2012's Jordan only bigger, faster and much more dominant tbh
durant- Barkley, Mullin, Bird, Magic lol. None of those old timers will stop Durant.
kobe-Would kill Drexler or whomever Daly puts on him.
paul-Faster and more crafty than any of the 92's PG.
d will-Same as above to alesser extent
westbrook-Their X-factor. If Westbrook plays within the system, game over.
chandler- Can check Robinson
love-Far more useful than Malone in this game because of his rebounding ability and 3 point game.
?!!!

:king

Stalin
07-28-2012, 05:26 PM
^ see this is exactly why i didn't want to bother, you're barelly making any sense, lebron's dick is so far down your throat it has cut of the oxygen supply to your brain, consider removing it and we'll talk

ChrisRichards
07-28-2012, 05:35 PM
:lol Man, you sound like a 12 year old tbh. Man up and talk with more sense chief. Endorsements has nothing to do with their ability to play on the court :lol

pass1st
07-28-2012, 06:33 PM
The 2008 team would stand a better chance against the 92 team, tbh

AussieFanKurt
07-28-2012, 06:42 PM
I mean, I knew they weren't smart or logical but this?

LkrFan
07-28-2012, 06:51 PM
The original Dream Team had everything. Size, hoops IQ, shooting, swatters, rebounders, true low post threats, great FT shooters to close quarters/games. They had no weaknesses. 2012 has more collective speed in 1-3 positions. But as we've seen, if you can't rebound, you can't get out and run. Original Dream Team would beat this team 4-1 by about 15 in a best of 7. They'd sweep this team if they had FIBA refs. :lol

Latarian Milton
07-28-2012, 06:51 PM
92' team was easily the best basketball team to every play this game, if you get them guys rejuvenated and arrange them a match with today's team, kobe would get his shit beat in

ALVAREZ6
07-28-2012, 06:52 PM
If they brought more size with the 2012, and reduced the wings + PG redundancy (no needs for Harden, and both Williams + Paul, keeping Westbrook due to his pure athleticism), they could beat the Dream Team. If they had Dwight and Bynum to throw around, it would be a hell of a match up. If they started LeBron, Kobe, Durant, and had Westbrook off the bench, the Dream Team would struggle to guard them. You have Jordan to cover Kobe, and it's pick your poison with Pippen. LeBron or Durant would cook. I don't think they could guard Durant, and definitely not Westbrook.

ALVAREZ6
07-28-2012, 06:59 PM
Teams are WAY better now than 20 years ago. Things continue to get more competitive with time. As a soccer guy you should realize that it's in many sports. A couple of decades ago, Brazil and Argentina were locks to handle any other team from South America. It's pretty competitive now, the former giants can't take anything for granted.

Argentina of the past decade and Spain of the past 6 years or so could probably smoke all of the teams the 92 team played, and yet either of the former 2 would get annihilated by 92 team.

Latarian Milton
07-28-2012, 07:02 PM
Actually, the 2012 Dream Team are 3 players away from actually guaranteeing a win against that 92 team. If Griffin, Howard and Wade were not injured, I have them winning by 16.

don't forget them occasions where the D12 nigga got pwned by a 7'6 piece of shit, which happened not one or two, but multiple times. DH has no footwork or shooting range, and even if he's 100% injury-free he'd still get toyed by them legends tbh

ALVAREZ6
07-28-2012, 07:04 PM

I don't think so. I mean, of course it's impressive, but it's nothing the 2012 team can't do.

If this team played early 90's international teams, CROFLMAO @ them trying tot defend LeBron, Durant, Kobe, Melo, Westbrook. Durant would probably average 6 threes a game and LeBron would skullfuck every team for at least 35 points himself (as long as Kobe allows it :lol).

I'm not saying I like the 2012 team better than the 92 but using the winning margin point against those shitty ass teams doesn't say much.

Koolaid_Man
07-28-2012, 07:07 PM
The original Dream Team had everything. Size, hoops IQ, shooting, swatters, rebounders, true low post threats, great FT shooters to close quarters/games. They had no weaknesses. 2012 has more collective speed in 1-3 positions. But as we've seen, if you can't rebound, you can't get out and run. Original Dream Team would beat this team 4-1 by about 15 in a best of 7. They'd sweep this team if they had FIBA refs. :lol

go ahead and add the players that are actually supposed to be on the team...but injured...

Dwight
Wade
Griffin..

all things being equal if you add those 3 players I say they beat the 92 team...Dwight and Griffin negates anything the 92 bigs could do...

add Wade and Kobe in the backcourt with Lebron and Durant playing the SF positions and 2012 wins now if you remove Stockten and add Isaiah to 92 then I'm giving it back to the 92 team...Isaiah is / was way better than Dwill, CP3, and Westbrook..but with Stockton in the game 2012 wins

Koolaid_Man
07-28-2012, 07:09 PM
I don't think so. I mean, of course it's impressive, but it's nothing the 2012 team can't do.

If this team played early 90's international teams, CROFLMAO @ them trying tot defend LeBron, Durant, Kobe, Melo, Westbrook. Durant would probably average 6 threes a game and LeBron would skullfuck every team for at least 35 points himself (as long as Kobe allows it :lol).

I'm not saying I like the 2012 team better than the 92 but using the winning margin point against those shitty ass teams doesn't say much.

One question I do have...why isn't Duncan on the team...I guess Duncan happy with that Bronze he got :rollin

Koolaid_Man
07-28-2012, 07:10 PM
Can you imagine Duncan trying to play with this 2012 team..He'd be worse than Tyson...he would slow the game down....and just fuck the game all up like he did back in 04

ChrisRichards
07-28-2012, 07:10 PM
Why does ElNono keep using that same reasoning? Lol. Dude, the international players back are horrible.

Parker
Gasol Brothers
Ibaka
Ginobili
Deng
Dirk
Scola
Rubio
Kirilenko
Gallinari

Some of these players can actually make that 92 Dream Team tbh :lol The players today are just better. That 92 Dream team would win, but they would not dominate by 40 points average.

ALVAREZ6
07-28-2012, 07:14 PM
One question I do have...why isn't Duncan on the team...I guess Duncan happy with that Bronze he got :rollin

Probably because he's old, slow, and unathletic.

I think Magic would be neutralized against this 2012 team. Sure he looks amazing vs 92 international scrubs and average NBA guards during his time, but this 2012 team has so many very long, athletic guards to throw at Magic.

The only reason 1992 has the edge is because they have their best bigs of their time. LMAO the 2012 team only has ONE true C/PF. Undersized, white guys don't count as PFs in this debate.

dunkman
07-28-2012, 07:31 PM
Pippen was the best wing defender ever, he wouldn't have trouble disrupting LeBron, Durant or Westwho? MJ was near that level on defense too. The dream team would have avoided some popularity contest roster spots and found space for Isaiah, Dumars and Hakeem.

ChrisRichards
07-28-2012, 07:33 PM
2012 Kobe> 92 Magic. Also the 92 team is ridiculously weak in the PG department. I mean if John Stockton was playing today, he wouldn't make the cut over Deron Williams and CP3 thats for sure.

The 92 team had some legends, sure, in hindsight they are untouchable but a decade from now once all these current generation players hangs it up, people would have a better understanding of their own legendary status as well.

Kobe & Lebron are both a lock in the Top 10 list. KD may soon follow. Guys like CP3, Westbrook and Deron Williams may not have iconic names but lets not overlook the fact that these guys are insanely good and are even better than some of the players in that 92 roster.

The 92 team has size, I'll give them that but I think the 2012 team all play better as a team considering they all played before (well the key players at least) in international competition. They are more prepared and organized and is more familair with their offensive/defensive scheme under Mike K. That 92 Dream Team though obviously great won the medal because of their lack of competition but if your pair them against another quality group like the 2012 team, its not insane to believe that in "one" game, the 2012 team actually has a shot.

ChrisRichards
07-28-2012, 07:38 PM
Pippen was the best wing defender ever, he wouldn't have trouble disrupting LeBron, Durant or Westwho? MJ was near that level on defense too. The dream team would have avoided some popularity contest roster spots and found space for Isaiah, Dumars and Hakeem.
Posts like this irks me. Pippen was a world class defender sure. But he will not stop Lebron. And Jordan though good was overrated as a defender. He was excellent sure but like Kobe his defensive presence was overrated as a wing defender.

dunkman
07-28-2012, 07:38 PM

ElNono
07-28-2012, 07:41 PM
Why does ElNono keep using that same reasoning? Lol. Dude, the international players back are horrible.

Some of these players can actually make that 92 Dream Team tbh :lol The players today are just better. That 92 Dream team would win, but they would not dominate by 40 points average.

:lol The only thing I pointed out was that having a 40+ point margin average over the entire competition on a 40 min game was brutal, even if the competition was not anywhere near as good as now. You're not playing just against your opponent, you're also limited by the clock.

I don't expect Team USA to lose this competition, I just think that '92 team was way too good even for these guys.

ElNono
07-28-2012, 07:43 PM
The 92 team has size, I'll give them that but I think the 2012 team all play better as a team considering they all played before (well the key players at least) in international competition. They are more prepared and organized and is more familair with their offensive/defensive scheme under Mike K. That 92 Dream Team though obviously great won the medal because of their lack of competition but if your pair them against another quality group like the 2012 team, its not insane to believe that in "one" game, the 2012 team actually has a shot.

But DWill just said a week ago after beating ARG only by 6 that they've been only together for two weeks. So which is it? :lol

ElNono
07-28-2012, 07:47 PM
Kobe's been washed up for a couple of seasons now... surprised Heatfan pulling det one...

If we're gonna talk about Bird being washed up then, we should also point that out.

ChrisRichards
07-28-2012, 07:47 PM
He was probably referring to the whole team itself but I did said key guys (Lebron, Kobe, Melo and CP3) All those players were part of the 2010 FIBA team. Unfortunately two of their fire power were unable to join them this year (Dwight and Wade).

ElNono
07-28-2012, 07:48 PM
He was probably referring to the whole team itself but I did said key guys (Lebron, Kobe, Melo and CP3) All those players were part of the 2010 FIBA team. Unfortunately two of their fire power were unable to join them this year (Dwight and Wade).

tbh, it's the go-to card when they don't overwhelm... can't blame him... that's a stacked team

ElNono
07-28-2012, 07:50 PM
truth be told, looking at the games so far, only Lebron and KD would belong in the '92 team, IMO...

ChrisRichards
07-28-2012, 07:53 PM
Kobe's been washed up for a couple of seasons now... surprised Heatfan pulling det one...

If we're gonna talk about Bird being washed up then, we should also point that out.
Eh, Kobe's better in 2012 than Bird in 92 tbh. You should know not to point that out.

Magic still had the swag in 92 but Kobe's a better player than him in 2012. It was evident in the 91 NBA FInals that Johnson's time was up.

ChrisRichards
07-28-2012, 07:55 PM
truth be told, looking at the games so far, only Lebron and KD would belong in the '92 team, IMO...
CP3 would make it over Stockton. Melo over Mullin. Love over Laettner. Bird was there as a novelty, just like Kobe in 2012. I mean both teams would do fine without those two fwiw. I also think Westbrook would give Drexler a run for his money.

ElNono
07-28-2012, 07:59 PM
Eh, Kobe's better in 2012 than Bird in 92 tbh. You should know not to point that out.

Magic still had the swag in 92 but Kobe's a better player than him in 2012. It was evident in the 91 NBA FInals that Johnson's time was up.

Define "better"?

Larry Legend in '92:
20 ppg
46% FG
40% 3PT

Kobe 2012:
27.9 ppg
43% FG
30% 3PT (crofl)

2011-2012 Kobe is a glorified volume shooter... he's in London to coattail Lebron and KD for gold.

ElNono
07-28-2012, 08:02 PM
CP3 would make it over Stockton. Melo over Mullin. Love over Laettner. Bird was there as a novelty, just like Kobe in 2012. I mean both teams would do fine without those two fwiw. I also think Westbrook would give Drexler a run for his money.

I'll give you CP3 considering Stockton was in his last legs... also <anybody> over Laettner. That's about it. Melo has been fucking awful, chuck after chuck. Westbrook is just a dumb player. Those two actually kept ARG in the game last time. Let them shoot long jumpers and you have a brickfest.

ChrisRichards
07-28-2012, 08:04 PM
Better as in health wise. No doubt Larry is the better baller but he had a bad back in 92 resulting to ending his career.

ElNono
07-28-2012, 08:04 PM
Actually, I take back Stockton being in his last legs... But '92 is where his decline started. That said, Stockton was much more rugged than CP3, and in international ball that counts... so I'll leave it as a tossup

ElNono
07-28-2012, 08:06 PM
Better as in health wise. No doubt Larry is the better baller but he had a bad back in 92 resulting to ending his career.

It's somewhat moot because as much as that '92 team didn't rely on Larry, this 2012 team doesn't rely on Kobe.

ChrisRichards
07-28-2012, 08:06 PM
I'll give you CP3 considering Stockton was in his last legs... also <anybody> over Laettner. That's about it. Melo has been fucking awful, chuck after chuck. Westbrook is just a dumb player. Those two actually kept ARG in the game last time. Let them shoot long jumpers and you have a brickfest.
Well, there's no discusussion there about Melo, but Mullin was one of those players that made the team because of uhhhm, the color of his eyes well thats what a lot of people said. Plus Jordan would endorse Melo considering he's part of the JB brand :lol

ElNono
07-28-2012, 08:08 PM
Well, there's no discusussion there about Melo, but Mullin was one of those players that made the team because of uhhhm, the color of his eyes well thats what a lot of people said. Plus Jordan would endorse Melo considering he's part of the JB brand :lol

Every one of these teams has a dud here or there :lol
Kevin Love is another guy that's been trash for this Team USA.

DeadlyDynasty
07-28-2012, 08:17 PM
Why are there so many responses for such a bullshit topic?

Stalin
07-28-2012, 08:33 PM
mullin was such trash he averaged 13ppg, 4 ast on 62%fg and 52%3pt in the olympics, tell us more how he sucks and how lebron>jordan

lefty
07-28-2012, 08:50 PM
Why are there so many responses for such a bullshit topic?

This

Stalin
07-28-2012, 08:56 PM
^ son, how was the batman movie?

lefty
07-28-2012, 08:59 PM
^ son, how was the batman movie?

Pretty epic

Stalin
07-28-2012, 09:21 PM
really? nice

Wild Cobra Kai
07-28-2012, 11:04 PM
If they brought more size with the 2012, and reduced the wings + PG redundancy (no needs for Harden, and both Williams + Paul, keeping Westbrook due to his pure athleticism), they could beat the Dream Team. If they had Dwight and Bynum to throw around, it would be a hell of a match up. If they started LeBron, Kobe, Durant, and had Westbrook off the bench, the Dream Team would struggle to guard them. You have Jordan to cover Kobe, and it's pick your poison with Pippen. LeBron or Durant would cook. I don't think they could guard Durant, and definitely not Westbrook.

??? 1992 David Robinson could fucking guard Durant. People forget what a freak he was for a 7 footer.

Killakobe81
07-28-2012, 11:50 PM
Posts like this irks me. Pippen was a world class defender sure. But he will not stop Lebron. And Jordan though good was overrated as a defender. He was excellent sure but like Kobe his defensive presence was overrated as a wing defender.

I agree on both counts. Both Kobe and MJ both played great defense when locked in or disrespected but both paid more attention to scoring. Pippen is great defensively but overrated

dunkman
07-29-2012, 12:16 AM
Pippen was never named DPOY. He's underated. He was better than Bowen defensively. And Bowen could guard Kobe or LeBron.

LkrFan
07-29-2012, 07:25 AM
go ahead and add the players that are actually supposed to be on the team...but injured...

Dwight
Wade
Griffin..

all things being equal if you add those 3 players I say they beat the 92 team...Dwight and Griffin negates anything the 92 bigs could do...

add Wade and Kobe in the backcourt with Lebron and Durant playing the SF positions and 2012 wins now if you remove Stockten and add Isaiah to 92 then I'm giving it back to the 92 team...Isaiah is / was way better than Dwill, CP3, and Westbrook..but with Stockton in the game 2012 wins

Wade and Drexler are the same player - wash. Do you really trust no post game Griffin v. Mailman? I don't. Dwight v. Robinson would have been something to watch. Barkley would bully Mello. Magic would post Durant's skinny ass up and dominate him. Pippen would lock LeBron (or KD down - Pip in his prime was an amazing defender). Of course Kobe would win his matchup with MJ, but that's it. :toast. You need shooters to open up the inside game for Ewing and Robinson? Bird and Mullen got you covered.

If '12 team tries to outrun the '92 team? Good luck with that. Magic, MJ, Pippen, Malone, Robinson, and Drexler were like quarter horses.

The original dream team didn't even have all of their best players on the squad. I don't recall if Dream was a US citizen or not in '92. If he were I'd take him over Robinson or Ewing. And we know that 20 year old, 7'1", 315lb monster should have played over Laettner. Imagine him getting no look dimes from Magic? :wow

Like I said, that '92 squad had no weaknesses. I love Kobe and the talent on this squad, but there are just too many mismatches that would be exploited if they played the original dream team. They may win a few quarters and maybe a game, but that's it IMO.

ChrisRichards
07-29-2012, 08:40 AM
mullin was such trash he averaged 13ppg, 4 ast on 62%fg and 52%3pt in the olympics, tell us more how he sucks and how lebron>jordan

Mullin was playing a lot in garbage time tbh lol, thats when coaches puts their worst international players on the court. I bet James Jones could get those numbers for real. :lol

I agree on both counts. Both Kobe and MJ both played great defense when locked in or disrespected but both paid more attention to scoring. Pippen is great defensively but overrated
Thank you!

See, I love Pip. He's one of the players I truly liked in the 90's. When everyone was getting their Jordan, Magic, Barkley "Champion" Jerseys, I was the only kid in school rocking Pippens.

But its time to call a spade a spade. Pippen could handle a lot of players but he always had problems with bigger frame players. As a matter of fact if you have NBA TV, watch the replay of the 93 Game against the Knicks. They showed it last night. Against those 90's Knicks team, Pippen is over powered by Anthony Mason & Xavier Mc Daniel.

Lebron is like Karl Malone with more speed, more handles and a little bit more explosive. Can you imagine Pippen guarding the young version of Malone? I couldn't.

Pippen was never named DPOY. He's underated. He was better than Bowen defensively. And Bowen could guard Kobe or LeBron.
This is simple.

Pippen never won DPOY because he played at a time where defensive big men were in abundance. (Olajuwon, Robinson, Ewing, Mutombo, Mourning) and when big men like those are not taking votes from him, a rebounding extraordinaire like Dennis Rodman and an exceptional Gary Payton were winning it.

Do you really trust no post game Griffin v. Mailman? ..
I could. Its a wash. Both are a B**** made players and both are dirty. Its not like Malone is an all world defender. He wasn't. The Mailman didn't even made All Defense 1st until 97-99.

Dwight v. Robinson would have been something to watch. ..

Dwight would crush Robinson. Robinson was a softee.

Barkley would bully Mello..

Barkley doesnt play defense. Melo would slap Chuck, Mardy Collins style.

Magic would post Durant's skinny ass up and dominate him. ..

Magic in 92 wasn't the same anymore. His Aids made him weaker. See his PER and efficiency in 91 NBA Finals. (43% FG, 30% 3PT % Kobe-esque tbh)

Pippen would lock LeBron (or KD down - Pip in his prime was an amazing defender)...

Duck tales.

Of course Kobe would win his matchup with MJ, but that's it. :toast. )...
Ok, now you're finally trolling. :lol. Jordan would take Kobe's last name and change it to Pippen and Kobe wouldn't do anything about it.

The original dream team didn't even have all of their best players on the squad. I don't recall if Dream was a US citizen or not in '92. If he were I'd take him over Robinson or Ewing. And we know that 20 year old, 7'1", 315lb monster should have played over Laettner. Imagine him getting no look dimes from Magic? :wow

Like I said, that '92 squad had no weaknesses..
Man you just gave us hypotheticals :lol Its like saying, man, imagine if we put a prime Tim Duncan, Kevin Garnett to replace Chandler and Love's butt or the 2012 team had the 2006 Kobe.

And why are you guys claiming Olajuwon? :lol

Stalin
07-29-2012, 01:06 PM
^ bet this guy is no stranger to det crack pipe

ElNono
07-29-2012, 01:15 PM
IIRC, there's some feud going on between those two...

Stalin
07-29-2012, 01:51 PM
IIRC, there's some feud going on between those two...

indeed, det e-feud heating up :ihit

Spursfan092120
07-29-2012, 02:01 PM
so much fail in this :lol

not even going to bother

I was thinking the same thing. So fucking stupid..and a blind ass bandwagon Heat fan. Overrated? 11 HOFers?? I was expected something at the end to say he was being sarcastic...no dice. He's just ignorant.

ChrisRichards
07-29-2012, 02:10 PM
I just owned some y'all and it was irrefutable. So naturally you'll resort to name calling. :lol

Too easy tbh. I want to talk to real basketball mind in this thread.

ElNono
07-29-2012, 02:50 PM
:cry:cry:cry

Cessation
07-29-2012, 03:01 PM
I was thinking the same thing. So fucking stupid..and a blind ass bandwagon Heat fan. Overrated? 11 HOFers?? I was expected something at the end to say he was being sarcastic...no dice. He's just ignorant.

This, 11 HOFers on the same team has never been done before, nor most likely ever will be. He's just trolling, no one is that stupid.

ChrisRichards
07-29-2012, 03:17 PM
Yawn. Man, I went to this board thinking I'll get a decent amount of argument. Instead I have people using endorsements as argument why the 92 Dream Team would beat the 2012 roster :lol

***Btw, with respect to EL NoNo, I think he's the only one so far with good basketball logic in this thread, proceeding***

And yes, that 92 Dream Team as a team is overrated. Bird was old and had a bad back, Mullin was just a token guy, Stockton too (Isiah wouldve been a better selection tbh) Laettner? Don't start with me, Drexler was meh and Magic was on his last legs. 2012 team with Blake Griffin would beat those old timers for sure. Whose going to take on Lebron? Pippen? CROFL.

Stalin
07-29-2012, 03:26 PM
I just owned some y'all and it was irrefutable. So naturally you'll resort to name calling. :lol

Too easy tbh. I want to talk to real basketball mind in this thread.

lol trying to use the chazley shtick "say retarded shit, then claim victory"

ChrisRichards
07-29-2012, 03:28 PM
You're obviously bothered by it brah. Don't take it personal. I have no argument with you. Here, have a Coors light :lol

Stalin
07-29-2012, 03:40 PM
hardly bothered, scrah,
this is ST afterall, but it was somewhat obvious since you were grasping at straws from the start, regardless i'll be fair, and give it the 4.5/10 it deserves, IMO TBH

ChrisRichards
07-29-2012, 03:46 PM
:toast

Sportstudi
07-29-2012, 04:10 PM
The Dream Team would win in convincing fashion. You have to add the international rules, too. There is no defensive 3 seconds rule. You could camp Robinson and Ewing in the paint and have them waiting when Lebron/Kobe/Westbrook/Iggy or anyone else drives to the cup. It would make them jumpshooters. In international competition you don't have those "bull into the lane, flail your arms and cry until you get a foul" superstar calls. The 3 point line is different, too. Makes it easier for the 92 team as well.

And prime Jordan would destroy 2012 Kobe. With a prime Kobe it would be closer, but now? No way. It would be embarrassing. LeBron would give Pippen a hard time, but Pippen was maybe the best perimeter defender in the league (alongside MJ; even Barkley could help, if he looked to post) and would not let Lebron get by easy. On the flip side, it would be much harder for Chandler/Davis to stop Robinson/Ewing/Barkley/Malone in the post. They would get murdered.

Then you have HoF defenders at every position. Is there a better defensive 2 guard all time then MJ? A better 3 then Pippen? You can add the all time steals leader in Stockton and a ton of shotblockers at C.

Basically, I just dont see how the 2012 would score enough. There will be too much iso-ball and they wouldnt score that much in transition the way the 92 team protected the ball. IMO lack of size kills the 12' team, too.

And even if you have LeBron playing PF (and Durant at SF), him going against Barkley or Malone, he would have problems, especially against Malone who has a few inches on him and was strong as an ox as a player. Bron wouldn't even get half the calls he gets now. Bron would score, sure, but it won't be that easy as some might think.

http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/1102/muscles/images/karl-malone.jpg

ChrisRichards
07-29-2012, 05:45 PM
You guys are bringing this "best of the best" and "all time records" and stuff to prove a point. Of course today's players doesn't stack up...yet.

Once all said and done, this will be closer than most people think. Lebron is on the verge of destroying some records by Jordan etc. His PER is already among the history books and easily rivals Jordan. Kevin Durant and Kobe may indeed end up in the Top 3 most scored points in league history.

CP3 already had a historical season (2008) not even Magic Johnson himself can match. Blake Griffin will have a better career than Malone or Barkley. He already has a ROY and a Slam Dunk trophy, something the Mailman and Chuck never had.

And who said Coach K would put Kobe on prime Jordan? hypotehtically, it would be Iguodala and Lebron's task to shut Jordan down and I know they could because Joe Dumars has stopped Jordan numerous times.

And Lebron would own the Mailman. Please gtfo with that trash.

ElNono
07-29-2012, 06:07 PM
***Btw, with respect to EL NoNo, I think he's the only one so far with good basketball logic in this thread, proceeding***

Sorry, I was fapping to ARG beating Lituania and missed this post... :toast

ElNono
07-29-2012, 06:12 PM
IMO, Lebron has been beasting and has the potential to be the GOAT, but right now it's just potential...

His last NBA 'ship is 100% legit, nobody is taking that away from him, but to be great he has to keep it up. Time will tell what happens...

Stalin
07-29-2012, 07:04 PM
Sorry, I was fapping to ARG beating Lituania and missed this post... :toast

TD 21
07-29-2012, 08:01 PM
A fully healthy 2012 team (add Howard, Wade, Rose, Bosh, subtract Chandler, Harden, Iguodala, Davis) would give the Dream Team more problems than many either think or care to admit.

I actually think the 2012 team would be the one with the more pronounced mismatches at the forward spots. Contrary to popular belief, I don't think the problem for the 2012 would be defending the post as much as it would be defensive rebounding. I'm not saying Barkley and Malone wouldn't give James and Anthony trouble in the post (Durant would have to be kept away from both), but would they give them any more trouble in the post than James, Anthony and Durant would give them off the dribble? James, in particular. Neither of them could defend him, but he could defend them. The Dream Team would have to cross match and play small to match up with those three, otherwise they'd get destroyed off the dribble or concede open jumpers, if they chose to play them soft.

In the middle, there's no question it would be advantage Dream Team, but even then, I don't think it would be to the extent many think. Between Howard and Robinson, there's no mismatch either way. That leaves Ewing (and/or Malone, if you buy with the notion that they'd have to play small) and Bosh, which is a mismatch both ways.

Spurs da champs
07-30-2012, 12:47 AM
In the middle, there's no question it would be advantage Dream Team, but even then, I don't think it would be to the extent many think. Between Howard and Robinson, there's no mismatch either way. That leaves Ewing (and/or Malone, if you buy with the notion that they'd have to play small) and Bosh, which is a mismatch both ways.
Robinson has size & skill over Howard as well as a reliable jump shot & athleticism to match Howard, I honestly can't see Howard doing too well in that match up.

TE
07-30-2012, 12:50 AM
Spurs da champs wit de no shit goods

Man In Black
07-30-2012, 02:20 AM
Make me wonder how old some of you are. 92 Bird had a bad back true but if you think he wouldn't find his abilities for 1 game..you're crazy. With 1 leg and a bad back during the hand check days,he went for 49 points against Drexler's Blazer team. International game favors the team with the perimeter shooters and who can control the paint, an advantage that gets extra credence due to the allowance of goal tending. Stockton, for as awesome as he was as a PG with passing skills and a fg% around 50, 5 All-NBA D team placements means he could d as well. Any CP3 or Westbrook perceived advantage could be nulified by intellect and a truly imposing front line. This ain't the whine and get call game, This would be a there will be blood game with a chance for a foul call. 92 wouldn't need the help, 2012 would look for it. For all of LBJ's skill, he still is 1-3 in title attempts and people questioned everything. Just because he finally as ONE, what makes him more transcendant than other players who were unquestioned leaders for their teams, especially the guys with multiple rings? Okay so he followed Bean and said it again....again, the purists already know the answer. Its not a 40 point blowout but a double-digit one easily.

There are plenty of advantages but if you're going to say better athlete what do you say to 6-4 1/2 inch and best rebounder in the L or 7-1 and runs like a deer or 6-9 and can drop a pass into the post or just take you to it and then score. Today's NBA ain't better, its just different plus its way more hyped.

SpursDynasty85
07-30-2012, 02:37 AM
There are plenty of advantages but if you're going to say better athlete what do you say to 6-4 1/2 inch and best rebounder in the L or 7-1 and runs like a deer or 6-9 and can drop a pass into the post or just take you to it and then score. Today's NBA ain't better, its just different plus its way more hyped.

Good point. The league was just tougher back then;played at a more competitive level imo.

namlook
07-30-2012, 03:13 AM
Good point. The league was just tougher back then;played at a more competitive level imo.

The league was only tougher because hard fouls were tolerated and accepted as part of the game. I've seen the 80's 90's and 00's and defenses are better now with better athletes.

Sportstudi
07-30-2012, 05:46 AM
You guys are bringing this "best of the best" and "all time records" and stuff to prove a point. Of course today's players doesn't stack up...yet.

Once all said and done, this will be closer than most people think. Lebron is on the verge of destroying some records by Jordan etc. His PER is already among the history books and easily rivals Jordan. Kevin Durant and Kobe may indeed end up in the Top 3 most scored points in league history.

CP3 already had a historical season (2008) not even Magic Johnson himself can match. Blake Griffin will have a better career than Malone or Barkley. He already has a ROY and a Slam Dunk trophy, something the Mailman and Chuck never had.

And who said Coach K would put Kobe on prime Jordan? hypotehtically, it would be Iguodala and Lebron's task to shut Jordan down and I know they could because Joe Dumars has stopped Jordan numerous times.

And Lebron would own the Mailman. Please gtfo with that trash.

:lmao:lmao:lmao

Additionally, as Stalin already stated, you have LeBron's dick deep down in your throat :rollin There is no sense in arguing with a homer :rollin

Russo21
07-30-2012, 06:47 AM
Tyson Chandler as the only centre vs The Hoya Destroyer Patrick Ewing and The Admiral David Robinson. Good luck Tyson lol. That's just about the game right there.

Russo21
07-30-2012, 06:55 AM
Robinson/Ewing >> Chandler

Malone/Barkley >> Love/Davis

Bird/Pippen = LeBron/Durant/Anthony

Jordan/Drexler/Mullin >> Kobe/Iguodala/Harden

Magic/Stockton >> Paul and Williams

It's not close at all.

HeatChamps
07-30-2012, 09:48 AM
TOSB Bird=Lebron? You are a fucking idiot. And Durant at 4 is a better fit for the Olympics than Malone. Being able to hit the 3 is huge for chemistry purposes.

lebomb
07-30-2012, 10:35 AM
robinson/ewing >>>>>>>> chandler

malone/barkley >>>>> love/davis

bird/pippen <<< lebron/durant/anthony

jordan/drexler/mullin >>>>> kobe/iguodala/harden

magic/stockton > paul and williams

fify

Stalin
07-30-2012, 11:40 AM

Exactly, you're only as good as your competition, and those dream team players, just faced tougher opposition day in and day out. Today's nba player are mentally soft and get pampered by the league. Watching them cry everytime they get in the lane hoping for a call is hilarious, tbh.

HeatChamps
07-30-2012, 11:46 AM
Exactly, you're only as good as your competition, and those dream team players, just faced tougher opposition day in and day out. Today's nba player are mentally soft and get pampered by the league. Watching them cry everytime they get in the lane hoping for a call is hilarious, tbh.
The players these days are stronger and more athletic. WIth these abilities, it is much harder to score. Thus, getting to the free throw line is of more importance than ever.

Stalin
07-30-2012, 12:12 PM
The players these days are stronger and more athletic. WIth these abilities, it is much harder to score. Thus, getting to the free throw line is of more importance than ever.

Is that you chris richards?? :lol
In the 90's players were similarly athletic but also taller and legit centers were quite common, that were allowed to play physical defense, so actually it was more difficult to score then. Thats why new rules were introduced to give advantage to perimeter players in order to increase scoring. They cry because they know they'll get a call since the league controls scoring through its refs. This is all common knowledge, I thought, tbh.

Bill_Brasky
07-30-2012, 12:15 PM
92 team would win if they were allowed to use their more physical rules.

12 team wins with pussy new rules.

Stalin
07-30-2012, 12:17 PM
Robinson/Ewing >> Chandler

Malone/Barkley >> Love/Davis

Bird/Pippen = LeBron/Durant/Anthony

Jordan/Drexler/Mullin >> Kobe/Iguodala/Harden

Magic/Stockton >> Paul and Williams

It's not close at all.

Couldn't agree more, this 2012 team would get demolished inside, and jordan would rape them on the perimiter. It would be a joke of a game, tbh.

ElNono
07-30-2012, 12:52 PM
lol Monkeyball Blake would get destroyed after two games in the '90s... He tries to pull those Pau dunks on Malone and he ends up in the 3rd row seats...

lefty
07-30-2012, 01:02 PM
Couldn't agree more, this 2012 team would get demolished inside, and jordan would rape them on the perimiter. It would be a joke of a game, tbh.
:tu

2012 team :lol

HeatChamps
07-30-2012, 02:45 PM
Is that you chris richards?? :lol
In the 90's players were similarly athletic but also taller and legit centers were quite common, that were allowed to play physical defense, so actually it was more difficult to score then. Thats why new rules were introduced to give advantage to perimeter players in order to increase scoring. They cry because they know they'll get a call since the league controls scoring through its refs. This is all common knowledge, I thought, tbh.
Sounds like your problem is with the refs. Yes the league wants to see more scoring now that defense has gotten much better. Did they even play defense in the 80's? It wasn't until the Heat of the late 90's before defense became huge. Teams started to get really physical.

pass1st
07-30-2012, 04:03 PM
Trying to argue that this team is better than the 92 team is like trying to argue Mother Teresa is a bigger slut than Kim Kardashian

TD 21
07-31-2012, 08:09 PM
Robinson has size & skill over Howard as well as a reliable jump shot & athleticism to match Howard, I honestly can't see Howard doing too well in that match up.

Yeah, but it's not a mismatch. They're both true centers. Howard wouldn't be physically overwhelmed by Robinson the way Durant would be by Barkley or Malone. Robinson was better, but you wouldn't say Howard couldn't guard him.

Josepatches_
07-31-2012, 08:27 PM
1992 team would win easily

But LeBron and Durant would be the best players on the court outside MJ

1 MJ
2 LeBron
3 Durant
4 Barkley
5 Robinson

pass1st
07-31-2012, 08:47 PM
1992 team would win easily

But LeBron and Durant would be the best players on the court outside MJ

1 MJ
2 LeBron
3 Durant
4 Barkley
5 Robinson

We can all agree neither would need their A game to beat Spain :lmao

ALVAREZ6
08-02-2012, 07:32 PM
but but but... the 40+ average margin of victory :cry :cry :cry

CROFL slaughtering teams by 80 :lol

ElNono
08-02-2012, 08:25 PM

That's for the entire tournament... this team is barely on track after curbstomping Tunisia and Nigeria...

Calispursfan11
08-02-2012, 08:30 PM
Complete and utter horseshit. LOL. Lebron is a moron and as arguably the best athlete in the world, he can't even convince an Aussie swimmer to join him for a friendly dinner. LOL.

jeebus
08-02-2012, 08:34 PM

:lol "teams" plural

Amaso
08-02-2012, 08:35 PM
I'd probably pick the 2012 Team assuming it had a healthy Howard and Wade. Both Magic and Bird were past their primes in 92. This current version that has to field Kevin Love and Tyson Chandler would get destroyed by Ewing/Robinson.

HeatChamps
08-02-2012, 09:56 PM
Chandler would neutralize Ewing/Robinson with his defense. The nightmare for US Dream Team is dealing with how fast the 2012 team is.

ALVAREZ6
08-02-2012, 10:18 PM
That's for the entire tournament... this team is barely on track after curbstomping Tunisia and Nigeria...

Right but these teams are better than the groups of unathletic, uncoordinated faggots the '92 team was playing :lol.
AGAIN: I'm not saying this team is better than the '92 team, I just don't think the 40 point average margin of victory is relevant because this 2012 team would do the same to those teams.

ElNono
08-02-2012, 10:26 PM
Right but these teams are better than the groups of unathletic, uncoordinated faggots the '92 team was playing :lol.
AGAIN: I'm not saying this team is better than the '92 team, I just don't think the 40 point average margin of victory is relevant because this 2012 team would do the same to those teams.

:lol Tunisia and Nigeria are slightly better than Greece... ie: the absolute worst... not saying teams like these weren't there in '92, but every team back then was not like these fucks...

Venti Quattro
08-02-2012, 10:33 PM
Det margin of victory will go down because the United States has better competition nowadays, compared to 1992 when the Dream Team were gods and rock stars rolled into one team.

Venti Quattro
08-02-2012, 10:35 PM
:lol Tunisia and Nigeria are slightly better than Greece... ie: the absolute worst... not saying teams like these weren't there in '92, but every team back then was not like these fucks...

While 1992 vs 2012 is difference, 2012 would facefuck every team not named the United States in 1992.

ElNono
08-02-2012, 10:46 PM
While 1992 vs 2012 is difference, 2012 would facefuck every team not named the United States in 1992.

They don't beat Croatia by 40... no way to prove it, but that Croatian team was also curbstomping every other team by 20+ (except for Russia)... IMO anyways... Not taking anything away from this team...

Venti Quattro
08-02-2012, 10:53 PM
They don't beat Croatia by 40... no way to prove it, but that Croatian team was also curbstomping every other team by 20+ (except for Russia)... IMO anyways... Not taking anything away from this team...

They will. Croatia was mostly Toni Kukoc in 1992. Same formula, and we have the people to lock him up.

lefty
08-02-2012, 11:15 PM
They will. Croatia was mostly Toni Kukoc in 1992. Same formula, and we have the people to lock him up.

Petrovic, Dino Radja

And Angola was better than that shitty Nigerian team

ElNono
08-02-2012, 11:41 PM

As lefty said, they also had Petrovic and Radja... not saying they won't beat them, but I think that Croatian team would be more comparable to what, say, Brazil is today...

ChrisRichards
08-03-2012, 03:14 AM
Petrovic, Dino Radja

And Angola was better than that shitty Nigerian team
:lmao

Angola is quite possibly the shittiest team in the history of Olympics and mens basketball. Niigeria at least has 2 NBA talents playing for them. That malnourished Angola team would get murdered by 100 points if they play the 2012 team crofl.

The Reckoning
08-03-2012, 03:23 AM
yall are jinxing the olympic team tbh. history shows that once you make the "greatest of all time" comparisons before the final.....shit happens.

LOL usc

ChrisRichards
08-03-2012, 03:26 AM
That Croatian team while good was totally overrated. They played some weak ass competition in Europe so automatically they were considered a worthy adversary for team USA. That team would not even win Bronze in 2012. Not with teams like Spain, Russia & Argentina competing on the floor.

Next test for USA is going to be crucial for them. They need to win by at least 30 to silence the critics.

lefty
08-03-2012, 03:27 PM
:lmao

Angola is quite possibly the shittiest team in the history of Olympics and mens basketball. Niigeria at least has 2 NBA talents playing for them. That malnourished Angola team would get murdered by 100 points if they play the 2012 team crofl.
Nigeria may have 2 NBA dudes, doesnt mean they are better than Angola

lefty
08-04-2012, 11:04 AM
Beating Lithuania by only 5 points :lmao

ChrisRichards
08-04-2012, 11:17 AM
:lol No one really thinks 2012 could beat the Dream Team tbh. You'd have to be a fool to believe that. I was just joking.

PS: Anyway Kobe with another heroic TOSB 1-7 effort is the reason Lithuania came so close in this game. You put a healthy Wade there instead of Kobe and this would've been a 15 point victory instead. tbh.

Budkin
08-04-2012, 11:21 AM
:lol x 1,000,000,000

chazley
08-10-2012, 04:44 AM
lol trying to use the chazley shtick "say retarded shit, then claim victory"

Don't compare me to anybody else. It's a fucking insult to me that someone would be on my level.