PDA

View Full Version : Olympic Opening Ceremonies

CubanSucks
07-27-2012, 09:25 PM
Lame. Well, it was never going to top Beijing. I found the whole thing really fucking pretentious. The only stand out part was the lighting of the Olympic torch at the end, that was cool. The dude giving the speech has zero fucking charisma and should never have been allowed to bore everybody. The whole forced multiculturalism thing was awful. Of course they had to have plenty of blacks even during the industrial revolution part. During the music/dancing part they had one chick in a wheelchair rolling around awkwardly, and of course they had to have a muslim in a headscarf too. The whole thing just screamed "LOOK! LOOK HOW INCLUSIVE WE ARE!" The only part I got pumped over was the inclusion of Trainspotting and the song from it in the modern dance part. I laughed because obviously it was due to Danny Boyle being in charge.

thoughts? Or were you smart unlike me and skipped it?

oh crap
07-27-2012, 09:43 PM
i caught part of the music/dance portion and it was fucking horrible. really, really bad.

Cyrano
07-27-2012, 09:49 PM
After watching that yawn fest, I think Mitt Romney may have had a point.

Reck
07-27-2012, 09:52 PM

How does a boring opening ceremory equate to London not being ready for the Olympics? Keep voting republican faggot.

Cyrano
07-27-2012, 09:54 PM
Neither a Republican nor a faggot.

You are cordially invited to kiss my ass, eat shit, and die.

CubanSucks
07-27-2012, 10:00 PM

How does a boring opening ceremory equate to London not being ready for the Olympics? Keep voting republican faggot.

I agree it has nothing to do with security but you didn't have to show your raging liberal colors over it. Let's keep this thread civilized

Cyrano
07-27-2012, 10:08 PM
Liz didn't seem too thrilled, either.
http://chzsetphaserstolol.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/sci-fi-fantasy-roflympics-the-queen-is-not-amused1.jpg

DMX7
07-27-2012, 10:17 PM

Yeah right. Only a republican would say something that stupid.

CuckingFunt
07-27-2012, 10:24 PM
Yeah. How dare they force a multicultural narrative on the Olympics.

Avante
07-27-2012, 10:41 PM
Have never seen an opening ceremory.

lakerhaterade
07-27-2012, 10:42 PM
Neither a Republican nor a faggot.

You are cordially invited to kiss my ass, eat shit, and die.

Shadowflames is a known faggot in these forums. Don't waste your time. :toast

Clipper Nation
07-27-2012, 10:43 PM
i caught part of the music/dance portion and it was fucking horrible. really, really bad.
Agreed.... that was certified wack ass shit, London should never be allowed to host the Olympics again just to prevent shit like that from ever being performed again, tbh....

oh crap
07-27-2012, 10:44 PM
so the storyline was supposed to be that some broad loses her phone, they dance their way through different decades and then some guy finds her phone and returns it? really? and i don't have any problem with inclusiveness or what have you but the chick in the wheel chair felt very contrived.

redzero
07-27-2012, 10:44 PM
The lighting of the torch was pretty clever.

Clipper Nation
07-27-2012, 10:46 PM
so the storyline was supposed to be that some broad loses her phone, they dance their way through different decades and then some guy finds her phone and returns it? really? and i don't have any problem with inclusiveness or what have you but the chick in the wheel chair felt very contrived.
There was a storyline to it? I just thought it was supposed to be a bunch of wack ass Brits dancing, tbh, which is bad enough....

CubanMustGo
07-27-2012, 10:49 PM
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/376305_500235740005884_785469768_n.jpg

redzero
07-27-2012, 10:51 PM
Paul McCartney looks like a zombie.

CubanMustGo
07-27-2012, 10:52 PM
Sounds like one too.

DesignatedT
07-27-2012, 10:57 PM
I thought the whole Industrial Revolution bit in the beginning was pretty neat but after that it was pretty shitty when they went into all that music bullshit. Lighting of the torch was cool.

DMX7
07-27-2012, 11:07 PM
I didn't watch the whole thing, but it had its ups and downs. They were ready though.

Latarian Milton
07-27-2012, 11:08 PM
this shit just pervaded the general obtuseness of british people. it's no secret people from UK are lacking in something known as creativity but c'mon... never thought there could be anything worse than the beijing shit tbh

at least it didn't cost too big, british taxpayers say thanks

Reck
07-27-2012, 11:09 PM
Shadowflames is a known faggot in these forums. Don't waste your time. :toast

LOL regulated and sent into hiding after getting exposed. :lol

lakerhaterade
07-27-2012, 11:13 PM
:lol thinking you've regulated anyone with your shitty posting ability.

Tbh, you're just a faggot and a horrible poster. Please inject more masculinity into your posts, pussy.

Reck
07-27-2012, 11:15 PM
:lol thinking you've regulated anyone with your shitty posting ability.

Tbh, you're just a faggot and a horrible poster. Please inject more masculinity into your posts, pussy.

Owned and butthurt.

lakerhaterade
07-27-2012, 11:17 PM
:lol three word reply = owned

DMX7
07-27-2012, 11:18 PM
The whole forced multiculturalism thing was awful.

The whole multiculturalism thing is kind of what the olympics is about.

DeadlyDynasty
07-27-2012, 11:46 PM
Oh, i missed it.

jeebus
07-27-2012, 11:51 PM
Oh, i missed it.
son it's ok. the real show starts when women's gymnastics takes to the floor.

Girasuck
07-28-2012, 12:42 AM
Mr. Bean fucking owned that shit. Best part of the entire ceremony.

ploto
07-28-2012, 11:11 AM
They get kudos for bringing in the countries as fast as they did, and I loved the way they formed the torch.

Viva Las Espuelas
07-28-2012, 11:30 AM
It was boring as piss. Felt like they used a dart board to put it together and voila! Crappy and boy does the queen look like 10 miles of bad road. Geez....

Slomo
07-28-2012, 12:21 PM
Well I liked it.

There was no way the would match the grandeur of Beijing, so they did it in a very British way - kudos to them.

The Pop culture/music was probably the worst part. The multiculturalism and inclusion of invalids was refreshing and the whole show was much more honest than the pretentious Beijing ceremony. At least the songs were sung live and the singers chosen for their voices and not looks...

They should get positive grades just for the humor they included in it (I do believe it was a first).

P.S. The boring speaker is the IOC president it's his job to speak at the opening and make a point (this year was gender equality), so deal with it.

PublicOption
07-28-2012, 12:27 PM
I thought it sucked pretty bad. It could have been a lot better.

If I am not mistaken I thought Frankie Says Relax, not Frankie SAY Relax.

Muser
07-28-2012, 01:57 PM
Well I liked it.

There was no way the would match the grandeur of Beijing, so they did it in a very British way - kudos to them.

The Pop culture/music was probably the worst part. The multiculturalism and inclusion of invalids was refreshing and the whole show was much more honest than the pretentious Beijing ceremony. At least the songs were sung live and the singers chosen for their voices and not looks...

They should get positive grades just for the humor they included in it (I do believe it was a first).

P.S. The boring speaker is the IOC president it's his job to speak at the opening and make a point (this year was gender equality), so deal with it.

:tu The music part was awful, but I thought the rest was okay.

AussieFanKurt
07-28-2012, 06:31 PM
Opening ceremonies are a joke. Never have watched one, never will. So that they can pay for it they just make ticket prices to events more expensive etc. I'm here to watch sport not some giant lame Voldemort

ploto
07-28-2012, 06:35 PM

Most definitely British humor! :tu

Latarian Milton
07-28-2012, 06:37 PM
Well I liked it.

the neckless singer in beijing wasn't chosen by his look either :lol, but yeah thats the typical outlook of an artist

the beijing shit was lame too but they also had some parts which didn't suck too bad such as them bitches dressed in total white (boots/skirt/shirt/cap and panties maybe which we didn't see :lol). british guys however ain't showing us their women's legs since they're often too hairy :lol

JudynTX
07-30-2012, 08:47 AM
They get kudos for bringing in the countries as fast as they did, and I loved the way they formed the torch.

Too bad you can't see the torch from the outside. Way to go London! :tu