PDA

View Full Version : F*ck me

LnGrrrR
07-28-2012, 01:18 AM
I'm projected to get stationed at Cannon AFB. Time to cross my fingers and try to call in some favors.

baseline bum
07-28-2012, 02:14 AM
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Sorry man, just kidding. At least you can get good chili and... and ... fuck, I can't think of anything else.

MannyIsGod
07-28-2012, 02:18 AM
The only thing worse than having to come live in NM is having to live i SE NM. Jesus Christ that part of the world is a shit hole.

baseline bum
07-28-2012, 02:56 AM
I guess at least it's not Nebraska.

LnGrrrR
07-28-2012, 03:10 AM
What really sucks is, my wife and I were obviously pretty bummed, but we are optimistic people so we try to go online to find things to do. And we read stuff like this:

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/cannon-afb-nm/TV67G98PDT21H513N/p18

My husband and I PCSed here from New Jersey over a year go. This is our first base. When he told me how bad he was told this base was, I told him no it has to be nice. I was dead wrong. I remember actually crying an hour after we got off the puddle jumper plane. A month after being here, found out I was pregnant. Never listen to anyone who says this is a nice place to raise a family, because it's not. The number of registered sex offenders makes me want to throw up. Usually I'm okay with people admiring my baby in public, but not out here. Makes me skin crawl to think it could be a pedophile. I understand they are everywhere but damn the amount that are in this small of a town is ridiculous. I'd rather walk alone at night in Atlantic City, NJ than go to Walmart by myself, that is VERY sad if you have ever heard of A.C in NJ. The crime rate is beyond ridiculous. It seems that every other teenage girl you walk by is pregnant because they don't teach sex education out here. You'd think as religious as they are out here, they'd teach they're kids to not have premarital sex, or at least use birth control. If you are a spouse looking for work, expect to only find minimum wage jobs out here, because face it, there isn't a damn thing out here for you to do. For the single airman, if you are 21 and older, ALCOHOL. I find it funny too they tell you 'there's things to do, just drive 2 hours away!' or how about NOT. Sorry but I shouldn't have to drive that far away for a damn Victoria's Secret, Target, or Olive Garden. Too bad the shifty fifty never thought that maybe putting a Target up would increase job opportunities and get less people off having to depend on welfare out here. My husband and I were both excited to find out he got orders to deploy so we both could get out of this hell hole for a few months and regain some of our sanity. But I should say the honest and nice locals, I have no problem with. It's the drugged out white trash people who make this place a crap hole. If you get orders here, pray they won't be for long.

Especially coming from Honolulu. And what sucks worse, is that if you've seen me post pics of my kid on here, you'd see he needs plastic surgery for his eyes. The closest place that performs the surgery he would need? Albuquerque, about four hours away. Fuckity fuck fuck.

Well, we'll see if leadership can do anything... here's where I get to see if making NCO of the year for the squadron is worth a damn. :lol

AussieFanKurt
07-28-2012, 03:28 AM
What's wrong with it, son? I don't know AFBs too well

hehateme
07-28-2012, 03:49 AM
I am guessing you are either AFSOC or supporting AFSOC which means you will be deploying a lot more =P. If you want to know more about the area let me know, it was my first duty station starting 2004 and yes I am out of that hell hole now.

LnGrrrR
07-28-2012, 04:04 AM
I am guessing you are either AFSOC or supporting AFSOC which means you will be deploying a lot more =P. If you want to know more about the area let me know, it was my first duty station starting 2004 and yes I am out of that hell hole now.

Ha! No, I'm fucking comm. Former 3C2, now 3D1X2. And they don't even have me projected for the Comm Squad (which would be a heck of a demotion considering I'm the main infrastructure guy for the base here at Hickam)... they project me for the Maintenance Group. No idea why. Of course, since the only thing that base does is Spec Ops, yes I assume I'll be deploying more often. :lol

If I can't find my way out of it, you can rest assured that I'll be vol'ing for every special duty that pops up on AMS as soon as I hit the 1 1/2 year mark.

Edit: At least San Antonio is only 9 hours away, so the wife can take the kids to see her parents for a week or so when she loses all hope, instead of just divorcing me outright. :lmao

baseline bum
07-28-2012, 05:35 AM
Sounds like a primo place to start a crystal meth addiction.

Wild Cobra
07-28-2012, 05:54 AM
Who did you piss off?

baseline bum
07-28-2012, 06:06 AM
Wow. That thread you linked is comedy gold

Before relocating to Clovis NM you should check out -::- Welcome to CriminalCheck.com -::-. The zip code for Clovis is 88101.
I have lived in Clovis for over a year now and I can honestly say that the horror stories are true. The only people that will say different are the local realtors and that’s because they are trying to push their extremely overpriced homes.
Using the population number provided by clairz of 32,000 and divided by the number of registered sex offenders in Clovis you get 1 in 450.
1 out of 450 is a registered sex offender.

I'm possible one of the unfortunate individuals that will be forced to move from Hurlburt to Clovis. I know a base is what you make of it but I also know when you have as many complaints as I have read and heard from people who have been stationed there it has to be some truth. They all are saying the same thing matter-of-fact had a good friend just got back from out there and he confirmed it is all true and the place is a shit hole. I believe someone got paid off to keep the place open. If 3/4 of the housing is not up to military standards what the fuck do they think the newly assigned GI's are going to do for housing. I will not give up my money to live in a crack house and as for the housing market it seems all they did was look at the housing prices in florida and applied it to the housing market there. News flash!!! those prices are for FLORIDA!!!! a place with a more to offer!!!! like a beach you stupid fucks who do you think is going to pay that type of money to live in a shit hole!!!!! Shifty 50 has been breathing in to much horse,pig,cow,shit!!!!!!

Anyone that post about this town being a quiet, rural, down home, ever growing town is full of it. An organization runs this entire town (the shifty 50), they regualte whether or not a chilis can come into town for 5 years. Talk about growth huh? Local business owners monopolize everything and cut off corporate growth at the knees. The town itself stinks, run down housing, horrid living conditions, and god awful prices for rent (because if your mil, they know what your making). Everything is a monopoly...even the local radio station. Where 2 fools play the same late 80's early 90's music on repeat 24/7. They also own the other 2 radio stations in town and do commercials for everyone. Education system (in the low 5% of the united states)...graduation rate (45%), teen pregnancy rate (65%). Drug running from texas to nevada and california...perfect place for gangs because small town cops dont have the resources and dont want to deal with it. And the mall is called "the hall" because once you walk in from anyside and you can see every store in plain sight. If Cannon closed down...this town would go under...the base has a higher enrollment rate in all the local schools and all the stores get the base pops income. And after hours probably 1/3 employees in a local store are from base or spouses.

This place sucks unless you are an hick-ass fundamentalist Christian. There are signs on the way to base reminding us to be in church when Jesus comes (golly, I certainly hope he doesn't come on a Tuesday).

baseline bum
07-28-2012, 06:07 AM
Ha! No, I'm fucking comm. Former 3C2, now 3D1X2. And they don't even have me projected for the Comm Squad (which would be a heck of a demotion considering I'm the main infrastructure guy for the base here at Hickam)... they project me for the Maintenance Group. No idea why. Of course, since the only thing that base does is Spec Ops, yes I assume I'll be deploying more often. :lol

If I can't find my way out of it, you can rest assured that I'll be vol'ing for every special duty that pops up on AMS as soon as I hit the 1 1/2 year mark.

Edit: At least San Antonio is only 9 hours away, so the wife can take the kids to see her parents for a week or so when she loses all hope, instead of just divorcing me outright. :lmao

That's bad when the best thing one can say about a town is that San Antonio is only 9 hours away. :rollin

baseline bum
07-28-2012, 06:31 AM
TyreeJ1,and Reality, you guys are not too bright are you. I bet you are from a low income family and grew up in some ghetto. Did any of you even graduate. Probably not because you joined the military. They will take any half wit ghetto child from the projects. Don't talk about my town. We a re good people here. We have morals and values. And that is something you probably can't even spell. Tyree...what kind of name is that? I can only guess that your skin tone is much darker than mine. If you don't like Clovis, then go back to the hood a sell crack on the street corner like your mother does. We don't want you here. Maybe if you could afford a 3000 sq ft house in Shertz, we could get rid of you you broke son-of-a-bitch. Warming up...i think not....go cool off with a Colt 45 or what ever your kind drinks.

:lol

scanry
07-28-2012, 06:39 AM
So the AFB is located in Clovis, New Mexico right?

That's some upgrade from Hawaii? My sincere regards man..

BTW when you type Clovis, New Mexico in Google News, all you find is pedophiles, rape, murder and battery.

benefactor
07-28-2012, 06:57 AM

That was 90210esque.

shyne
07-28-2012, 08:01 AM
Sounds like the town in breaking bad where Walt set that bomb off in tucos office.

DarrinS
07-28-2012, 09:39 AM
Sorry dude.

Blake
07-28-2012, 09:50 AM
Too bad the shifty fifty never thought that maybe putting a Target up would increase job opportunities and get less people off having to depend on welfare out here.

What's the shifty fifty?

jeebus
07-28-2012, 10:05 AM
Hah, sucks to be you. Best moment of my life was when BRAC brought the ban hammer down on that shithole and shipped out the 16s. It's just a shame the base stayed open, keeping that backwater faggottown alive.

desflood
07-28-2012, 10:12 AM
I'm projected to get stationed at Cannon AFB. Time to cross my fingers and try to call in some favors.

Oh man, I am sorry. We were stuck at Edwards for a while and that was bad, but it wasn't Cannon bad. Pull every string you can!

xellos88330
07-28-2012, 10:26 AM

ROFLMAO!!! My father was stationed at Cannon AFB and was part of the Comm Squadron there.

For the record, once you get past the smell it can be ok. Then again I was a kid when I was there and everything is sunshine and rainbows when you are a kid. As far as the pregnant girls, it is probably true. Think about it... you are young, hormones are raging and there isn't anything you can do to distract you in a small ass town. Might as well get to fuckin. Will you be staying on base or off base?

Viva Las Espuelas
07-28-2012, 11:33 AM
I'm sure with some advanced metrics it'll all turn out alright :lmao

AFBlue
07-28-2012, 12:15 PM
Service Before Self tbh

BUMP
07-28-2012, 12:28 PM
Damn that blows. I went to Carlsbad about a month ago and all those towns just suck. Plain and simple. The hiking was fun but Christ there's no way I could live there

baseline bum
07-28-2012, 12:42 PM
Oh man, I am sorry. We were stuck at Edwards for a while and that was bad, but it wasn't Cannon bad. Pull every string you can!

Edwards doesn't seem like it would be that bad to me. I know it's desolate as hell there but at least you're close enough to make some awesome day trips to places like Lone Pine and the Eastern Sierra, Death Valley, Big Bear, Joshua Tree, and LA, or even Las Vegas for a couple of days. I mean you could actually have an enjoyable weekend there unless you can't afford a car. Cannon AFB just sounds like hell though; Lubbock is the best day trip? :rollin

desflood
07-28-2012, 12:49 PM
Edwards doesn't seem like it would be that bad to me. I know it's desolate as hell there but at least you're close enough to make some awesome day trips to places like Lone Pine and the Eastern Sierra, Death Valley, Big Bear, Joshua Tree, and LA, or even Las Vegas for a couple of days. I mean you could actually have an enjoyable weekend there unless you can't afford a car. Cannon AFB just sounds like hell though; Lubbock is the best day trip? :rollin
The isolation didn't bother me; it was the weather. It's the frickin' desert, man :lol

All the trailer park meth labs in between towns didn't add to the appeal.

Drachen
07-28-2012, 12:50 PM
Dude, Lngrrrr, I know that I have come out against buying young kids video games in another thread a while back. I think it is a ridiculous waste of their childhood....

Buy your kid all of em. Get him the xbox, playstation, wii, wiiu, an onlive membership, a steam account. Keep him inside.

damn, that thread is funny (a little) at first, but it gets depressing really quickly. Good luck. I hope you have enough strings to pull to get out of this.

This whole thread is killing me.

"You can always leave."
"Just leave, then."
"Why don't you leave?"

Really?? REALLY?!?!?! I would LOVE to leave!! LOVE TO!! But I can't. I signed up for this by virtue of my husband and now we're both stuck in this shithole until we are reassigned--something we know and that we are trying to deal with.

Before I begin about this area, let me point out that I am a military brat and a military spouse. I've been dealing with people my whole life and have lived in a lot of different places and not all of them have been wonderful. I lived in Fort Walton/Mary Esther in the late 80s/early 90s. Navarre had one stoplight and barely anything past the bridge and nothing but a gas station and some subdivisions between Holley by the Sea and Gulf Breeze. Hurlburt was a joke of a base. The commissary was in what I think is the education building (two buildings to the right of the bowling alley). The aisles were one-way and you shopped the last aisle while you were standing in line waiting to check out because there were only a few registers...
That being said, there was always one of the most beautiful beaches in the world within miles of the house. The smell in the air was sea breeze, not cow ass. There were two airports located less than 100+ miles out. There was a shopping mall which was actually MUCH better than it is even NOW!!

What I'm trying to say is that I'll take 1989 Hurlburt over 2012--or even 2020, assuming that this place "progresses"--Cannon any day.

For all you folks with your positive thoughts about how this place isn't so bad...I have to agree, you are either delusional, you know you're only going to be here for < 3 years or this is the kind of life that you enjoy. If it is the latter, then good for you. Congratulations, you've found your happy place. For the other 99% of folks that are here, though, this is NOT our happy place. AND, we wanna bitch about it. For us, this place IS hell. It's HELL...

As I said before, I've lived in quite a few places in my life including a cold, dark, cloudy town in Northern Ohio and I'd go back there tomorrow before I stayed here...IF I HAD A CHOICE. But I don't. We don't. We who are stationed here are stuck here until it's time to leave. We can't just pack our crap and head on our way. For you "locals" who clearly don't understand, that's just not how it works.

We hate you and you hate us. It's obvious, if not from this thread then from the way that you treat us when we are out and about in town...and the way we treat you back. We hate you because you lobbied to keep this base here so your town wouldn't die. Now that you have managed to do that, you resent it. You think that we're all rich and you charge us a ridiculous amount of money to rent and buy your piece of crap homes which fall apart faster than a tumbleweed in the 70MPH winds that are a regular occurrence in this area. Yes. We hate you. But you hate us, too.

I consider this assignment our black hole. I hope that I can forget the years that we spend here and, to me, that is SO sad...it's depressing to think that I would rather LOSE several years of my life than remember this place. For those of you on your way here reading all the horrible things about this place: BELIEVE THEM. They are all true. Don't let anyone tell you that it isn't that bad. It IS that bad. Prepare yourself for the worst possible place to live, and maybe it won't be as bad...just don't come here with the notion that it might not be so bad. You will only be disappointed and depressed upon arriving. For those of you who are here and have shitty things to say about this post: Piss off.

baseline bum
07-28-2012, 12:54 PM
The isolation didn't bother me; it was the weather. It's the frickin' desert, man :lol

All the trailer park meth labs in between towns didn't add to the appeal.

High 90s to mid 100s as the normal summer high is awful, but at least you have 40 degree dew points there instead of the 75 degree ones in places like San Antonio, Austin, or Houston though, lol.

baseline bum
07-28-2012, 12:56 PM
Just watch all the physics, chemistry, computer science, and math videos at MIT's OCW site for your social life; it has to trump going to Wal-Mart or cooking meth.

thispego
07-28-2012, 01:06 PM
Service Before Self tbh

:lmao

baseline bum
07-28-2012, 01:06 PM
Just blows me away reading how you have to pay $1000 a month rent to live in a shithole where everyone outside the military makes $7 an hour. I hope these people were at least talking about renting a house there for that price. I mean a town where Olive Garden is too fucking progressive is more expensive to live in than many major cities?

Drachen
07-28-2012, 01:07 PM
Just watch all the physics, chemistry, computer science, and math videos at MIT's OCW site for your social life; it has to trump going to Wal-Mart or cooking meth.

The emboldened will help the italicized, which will in turn help the emboldened. You just described the perfect symbiotic relationship without even realizing it.

SnakeBoy
07-28-2012, 01:44 PM
Stop complaining. The place sounds nice...

Clovis, New Mexico (pop. 32,667) is located along the center median of the state very close to its easterly border with Texas. Clovis is billed as the "the gateway to the Land of Enchantment," serving as a strategic location for business and industry to New Mexico and west Texas, and as the only substantial city for 100 miles. Clovis also serves as home to Cannon Air Force Base and a great relationship with the Air Force has developed over the years. One of the most prominent facts about Clovis is its proximity to Blackwater Draw, one of the most well-known and significant sites in North American archaeology.

You can take your kids to the museum where they will enjoy seeing bones and dirt

http://www.enmu.edu/services/museums/blackwater-draw/gallery/images/students-dig2.jpg

As well as take part in spear chucking lessons from this guy

http://www.enmu.edu/services/museums/blackwater-draw/gallery/images/garrett-throw.jpg

jeebus
07-28-2012, 02:04 PM

http://www.enmu.edu/services/museums/blackwater-draw/gallery/images/garrett-throw.jpg

What happened to the usual coon that taught the lessons? Died of AIDS?

Drachen
07-28-2012, 02:08 PM
Just thought you would like to know, I found some more things to do in Clovis:

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s309/krisami/Clovis.jpg

Be sure to check out numbers 19, 25, and 43

Wild Cobra
07-28-2012, 02:10 PM
Be sure to check out numbers 19, 25, and 43
Looks like the best place to be.

baseline bum
07-28-2012, 02:10 PM
Three Dairy Queens and no Olive Garden? Sounds like a great place.

baseline bum
07-28-2012, 02:15 PM
Is Dairy Queen considered fine dining in Clovis? E.g., does one need to arrive in a coat and make reservations beforehand? Yes, the lady will have the stankburger with extra mustard and a side order of crinkle-cut french fried potatoes, while I will have steakfinger basket, lightly breaded, with a side of potato tots and a methamphetamine blizzard. Can you also send the kid selling silver crap table to table over here? It's our anniversary.

Drachen
07-28-2012, 02:16 PM
Or one dairy queen and it ranks so highly on the "things to do" that they gave it three spots.

Drachen
07-28-2012, 02:16 PM
Oh, I didn't put it on there, but Daylight Donuts was on page 4 of that.

LnGrrrR
07-28-2012, 02:18 PM
What's the shifty fifty?

I guess it's some committee of town leaders that block new development because they own businesses. Not sure how true that is. Still trying to find reasons not to expect to hate my life the next two years. :lol

baseline bum
07-28-2012, 02:19 PM
I guess it's some committee of town leaders that block new development because they own businesses. Not sure how true that is. Still trying to find reasons not to expect to hate my life the next two years. :lol

Why is it only two years? Do you have good news about BRAC to share with the town?

DMC
07-28-2012, 02:25 PM
I was at Cannon for a while. Clovis is a happening town bro. Ok not really but you can get a killer deal on a mobile home.

Drachen
07-28-2012, 02:25 PM

Go there and break that stranglehold. If they are all in collusion, but are greedy pricks, then go help one business get more efficient. He will take a larger part of the pie, the others will get jealous and watch Shiftyfiftygeddon take place.

LnGrrrR
07-28-2012, 02:26 PM
Why is it only two years? Do you have good news about BRAC to share with the town?

At two years (technically 1 1/2) I will have enough time on station to volunteer for overseas/special duties. Or maybe I'll get lucky and they'll have a 365 deployment available. Anyways, I have to remain positive that I won't get stuck there for my remaining 6 1/2 years.

Thanks for all the laughs and support guys :tu

LnGrrrR
07-28-2012, 02:28 PM
I was at Cannon for a while. Clovis is a happening town bro. Ok not really but you can get a killer deal on a mobile home.

Is Portales slightly better? From reading online it seems like they have some activities at least. I already plan on making monthly trips to Santa te or Albequerque.

jeebus
07-28-2012, 02:28 PM

sons mountain home had the same shit. One of the council fags owned the Taco John's (which is like dog food) and refused to allow a Taco Bell be built in town. Taco Bell isn't great but it's like Olive Garden compared to Taco John's.

SnakeBoy
07-28-2012, 02:29 PM
What really sucks is the military won't let you blend in with the locals by growing a mullet.

baseline bum
07-28-2012, 02:31 PM
At two years (technically 1 1/2) I will have enough time on station to volunteer for overseas/special duties. Or maybe I'll get lucky and they'll have a 365 deployment available. Anyways, I have to remain positive that I won't get stuck there for my remaining 6 1/2 years.

Thanks for all the laughs and support guys :tu

Wait, so Afghanistan is preferable to Clovis? Do they have more Dairy Queens?

SnakeBoy
07-28-2012, 02:37 PM
zpW3ctcjGmU

baseline bum
07-28-2012, 02:39 PM
Looks like a happening town

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5076/5827277524_6fe8e6eb39.jpg

http://www.sangres.com/dimages/newmexico/curry-county/Hotel_Clovis01V.gif

http://pics4.city-data.com/cpicv/vfiles32805.jpg

http://www.wildlife.state.nm.us/enforcement/images/DeerdumpedatClovisFarminDecember2004_000.jpg

http://www.oilfieldtrash.com/oft/HITblog/uploads/image/thanks.jpg

http://community.weatherbug.com/deskwx/guts/community/photos/Approved/2007/3/27/F_453283.jpg

http://community.weatherbug.com/deskwx/guts/community/photos/Approved/2007/3/26/F_453145.jpg

http://nationalsafety.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/22.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_bVr-yl3Ozg4/TRo3jVcDcJI/AAAAAAAAAQ8/dh4fVcNIAhI/s1600/2010+11+17+008.JPG

http://cdn-2.psndealer.com/e2/dealersite/images/ASCOEQ/Clovis.jpg

LnGrrrR
07-28-2012, 02:40 PM
Wait, so Afghanistan is preferable to Clovis? Do they have more Dairy Queens?

No, but it you do a 365 deployment, you usually get a Base of Preference assignment out of it (which is why people go to Korea...). Plus my wife could live with the family in San Antonio, moving out of housing and making some cash.

Drachen
07-28-2012, 02:42 PM
that actually has more "stuff" than I had been envisioning it.

Plus you get to meet the sidekick of Bozo the Clown, Cookie.

BUMP
07-28-2012, 02:58 PM

Tbh atleast your married. Couldn't imagine being single in a place like that

DMC
07-28-2012, 03:03 PM
Unlike SA, Clovis has a skyscraper.

DMC
07-28-2012, 03:09 PM
Is Portales slightly better? From reading online it seems like they have some activities at least. I already plan on making monthly trips to Santa te or Albequerque.

Portales isn't bad, I'd prefer it over Clovis. I used to go there often, but never lived there.

Where I lived there was this pond across the street that was loaded with bass and I would spend a lot of time over there punishing them. Odd thing about that part of the country, it can be t-shirt warm out until the sun goes down then you're seeing your breath before you can cross the street. They use swamp coolers out there, not many AC units. It's very dry so swamp coolers are cheaper and do a good job. A lot of homes in Clovis have them on top of the roof to keep people from stealing them.

Depending on how many kids you have, it might be more feasible to have your wife fly to SA. You can get pretty decent rates for that hop from Lubbock.

baseline bum
07-28-2012, 03:14 PM
Tbh atleast your married. Couldn't imagine being single in a place like that

But the hookers would only cost $7 an hour.

DMC
07-28-2012, 03:16 PM
But the hookers would only cost $7 an hour.
If you can get an hour that is. Most of them can't stay in tuck that long.

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-28-2012, 07:40 PM
Service Before Self tbh
Freedom isn't free!

There's a heavy fuckin fee!

DeadlyDynasty
07-28-2012, 08:10 PM
Service Before Self tbh

:lolspoken like a true military shill

ginobili's bald spot
07-28-2012, 08:24 PM
Service Before Self tbh

I would laugh at you for being brainwashed if it wasn't so sad.

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-28-2012, 09:46 PM
I like the new Disney commercial, ":cry hire veterans, they're good people :cry"

:lol affirmative action
:lol veterans are the new black people

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-28-2012, 09:57 PM

4chan
07-28-2012, 09:59 PM
if you give a chimpanzee a choice between a satchel of bananas or a shotgun, and he chooses the shotgun and ends up blowing his nuts off, did he really deserve his nuts in the first place?

same logic applies here actually.

vander
07-28-2012, 10:04 PM
just remember who you're fighting for LngrrR, people like the last few posters in this thread, doesn't that just make it all worthwhile? :lol

LnGrrrR
07-28-2012, 10:05 PM
":cry I joined the military to be a human pawn but now I'm mad whenever they send me wherever the fuck they want :cry"

Who wouldn't be disappointed at being sent to an armpit town like Clovis? Shit I may be military but I'm fucking human. :lol

If I can't find a way out of it then I'll go, and make the best of it, but who wouldn't go to Baltimore or Seattle or some other base? Only a moron, that's who.

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-28-2012, 10:07 PM
just remember who you're fighting for LngrrR, people like the last few posters in this thread, doesn't that just make it all worthwhile? :lol
:lmao if being the pawn in a chess game played by neo-conservatives and big oil is "Fighting for me" then yeah, I guess I owe the military a thank you.

LnGrrrR
07-28-2012, 10:08 PM

That's what makes America great :) I can suck up a few years somewhere shitty, because it means a lifetime retirement, health care, and a pretty nice job with my knowledge/experience/clearance when I get out.

And in the meantime, people will still be assholes all the way. Vive l'America!

LnGrrrR
07-28-2012, 10:09 PM
:lmao if being the pawn in a chess game played by neo-conservatives and big oil is "Fighting for me" then yeah, I guess I owe the military a thank you.

You're welcome :toast :lmao

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-28-2012, 10:09 PM
That's what makes America great :) I can suck up a few years somewhere shitty, because it means a lifetime retirement, health care, and a pretty nice job with my knowledge/experience/clearance when I get out.

And in the meantime, people will still be assholes all the way. Vive l'America!
:cry the experience I got butchering and murdering innocent Iraqis prepared me for the real world :cry

LnGrrrR
07-28-2012, 10:10 PM
Yeah nobody held a gun to your head whenever you signed that contract and took a job where you're basically the govt's bitch for a number of years.

I'm well aware of that, but the contract never said you couldn't be disappointed in getting stuck in a shithole, so I still have that freedom thankfully :lol

LnGrrrR
07-28-2012, 10:12 PM
:cry the experience I got butchering and murdering innocent Iraqis prepared me for the read world :cry

Yeah DoK I'm sure my experience in running a network infrastructure shop for a base full of 10k people and over 400 routing/switching devices won't find me a good job. Who needs computers anyways amiright?

vander
07-28-2012, 10:13 PM

smh, plenty of other countries brah, in fact, just about every single other country is probably less "neo-con chess playing" so why you still here bitchin?

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-28-2012, 10:18 PM
Yeah DoK I'm sure my experience in running a network infrastructure shop for a base full of 10k people and over 400 routing/switching devices won't find me a good job. Who needs computers anyways amiright?
So you needed to join the military to get this experience?

You coulda done this at somewhere else without having to be deployed in some shit blackwater town in New Mexico :lol

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-28-2012, 10:19 PM
smh, plenty of other countries brah, in fact, just about every single other country is probably less "neo-con chess playing" so why you still here bitchin?
Who's bitching? I'm just making fun of anyone who thinks the modern day military actually fights for America :lol

These colors don't run!

Support the troops of GTFO :madrun

DeadlyDynasty
07-28-2012, 10:24 PM
Im surprised Toby Keith hasnt made an appearance in this thread yet:lol

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-28-2012, 10:27 PM
Im surprised Toby Keith hasnt made an appearance in this thread yet:lol
Now it's inevitable 90210 is gonna show up in this thread, he has a device in his prostate that vibrates every time someone posts "Toby Keith" on this site.

LnGrrrR
07-28-2012, 10:29 PM
So you needed to join the military to get this experience?

You coulda done this at somewhere else without having to be deployed in some shit blackwater town in New Mexico :lol

Yeah like Honolulu where I've been stationed the last three years. You take the good, you take the bad, etc etc. and fwiw, I really doubt I'd be in the same position of responsibility in the civilian world. *shrug*

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-28-2012, 10:31 PM
I really doubt I'd be in the same position of responsibility in the civilian world. *shrug*
I think you're selling yourself short.

Be all you can be!

Grey Spurfan
07-28-2012, 10:38 PM

Nothing says freedom like "If you don't agree with my political views then GTFO of the country!"

Deep thinkers itt

LnGrrrR
07-28-2012, 10:38 PM
I think you're selling yourself short.

Be all you can be!

Wrong motto, ours is "Fly, fight, win!" :lol

Still, it's too late now to get out because of a shitty assignment, only 7 more years. At least I should see some interesting stuff in Spec Ops.

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-28-2012, 10:42 PM
Nothing says freedom like "If you don't agree with my political views then GTFO of the country!"

Deep thinkers itt

SnakeBoy
07-28-2012, 10:46 PM

My former brother-in-law was a USAF network guy. Put in his 20 for full retirement benefits. He was making over $200k last time I talked to him. So you got a good plan. Just don't develop a gambling addiction and throw away all your money like him or if you do at least be a good at gambling.

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-28-2012, 10:58 PM
My former brother-in-law was a USAF network guy. Put in his 20 for full retirement benefits. He was making over $200k last time I talked to him. So you got a good plan. Just don't develop a gambling addiction and throw away all your money like him or if you do at least be a good at gambling.
:lol Developing a gambling addiction after all the trauma of a military career

SnakeBoy
07-28-2012, 11:06 PM
addictions are pretty common among people who have seen fucked up shit during their time in the military, those that aren't institutionalized with PSTD and can find other ways to cope with it i mean.

LOL, his entire career was being stationed in San Antonio, Germany, back to San Antonio, back to Germany with a short non combat deployment to Bosnia, then retirement. No PTSD for him, more of a case of not being able to cope with suddenly having so much money.

HarlemHeat37
07-28-2012, 11:08 PM
:lol have a nice time Lngrr:lol..

:lol military
:lol risking their lives and mental health for nothing
:lol getting offended when people downplay their profession
:lol Lngrr
:lol living amongst white trash and be@ner trash for 2 years
:lol raising your son around meth fiends and sexual predators
:lol karma for trying to disrespect Harlem, tbh

LnGrrrR
07-28-2012, 11:12 PM
:lol have a nice time Lngrr:lol..

:lol military
:lol risking their lives and mental health for nothing
:lol getting offended when people downplay their profession
:lol Lngrr
:lol living amongst white trash and be@ner trash for 2 years
:lol raising your son around meth fiends and sexual predators
:lol karma for trying to disrespect Harlem, tbh

I'm not offended, people can believe what they want.

And shithole New Mexico isn't Canada at least, and killing Afghans isn't working at Kinkos :lmao

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-28-2012, 11:19 PM
And shithole New Mexico isn't Canada at least
Toronto >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> anywhere in New Mexico :lol

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-28-2012, 11:21 PM
then it was just a case of low iq people doing low iq things, like joining the military and blowing all your money

HarlemHeat37
07-28-2012, 11:23 PM
:lol tbh, there are only like 3 places in Canada that could possibly be as bad as New Mexico..

:lol "daddy, what's wrong with that man's pimply face?"

:( daddy, why do those men keep staring at me? :(

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-28-2012, 11:25 PM
rofl I don't think they ever made a horror movie about a family being raped and killed by backwater mutants during a trip in Canada.

New Mexico, on the other hand...

http://newrivervoice.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/the_hills_have_eye.jpg

SnakeBoy
07-28-2012, 11:29 PM
then it was just a case of low iq people doing low iq things, like joining the military and blowing all your money

He had a high iq but was always an impulsive guy who would make bad decisons. Of course he was never dumb enough to spend thousands upon thousands of dollars trying to become a accountant. Now that's a shit job.

hehateme
07-28-2012, 11:32 PM
LnG, the committee of 50 is basically all of the business owners in Clovis who block outsiders from building any type of business they find conflicting to their own. This is why they have only a Walmart, more auto stores than restaurants and a mall that is basically called "The Hall" because it is just an inside strip of stores.

There is one good place to eat called Leal's, bout the only thing the wife and I miss form that place really.

By the way if you are looking to find a place off base to live good luck as when AFSOC took over the homeowners there hiked up rent/sales for houses by at least 75% is what I heard from some friends who were still there.

Basically the town is there to leech off of the military and nothing more.

baseline bum
07-28-2012, 11:32 PM
:lol tbh, there are only like 10 places in Canada that could possibly be as bad as New Mexico..

And they're all at the bottom of the Hudson Bay.

Agloco
07-28-2012, 11:57 PM

Shitty, but not too far from my new haunt. If you're in Phoenix, gimmie a holler.

HarlemHeat37
07-29-2012, 12:11 AM
Fighting for America > raising my child around a city full of sexual predators, tbh..

As a dual citizen of America, I'd like to thank Lg for choosing my freedom over a safe childhood for his kid and the safety of his wife, tbh..

lefty
07-29-2012, 12:28 AM
:lmao @ HH

DMC
07-29-2012, 01:56 AM
Wrong motto, ours is "Fly, fight, win!" :lol

Still, it's too late now to get out because of a shitty assignment, only 7 more years. At least I should see some interesting stuff in Spec Ops.
Being in a maintenance squadron that supports aircraft that fly support missions for special forces doesn't really equate to being in spec ops, does it?

The spec ops at Cannon, aren't they more of a combat controller and SF air support type role whereas Florida has the PJs and some CC?

I was wondering how PJs would train in NM, since the nearest saltwater is almost 600 miles away? It seems it's more of an "already trained" base. When I was there, they had the F-111s. Things change.

DMC
07-29-2012, 01:57 AM
I like the new Disney commercial, ":cry hire veterans, they're good people :cry"

:lol affirmative action
:lol veterans are the new black people
Army vets are mostly the old black people as well.

DMC
07-29-2012, 02:01 AM
It's more legit if your father dropped a bundle on your 2nd rate education, you got to party and piss it away while being overweight and running your face online. That's bona fide imo.

LnGrrrR
07-29-2012, 03:14 AM
:lol tbh, there are only like 3 places in Canada that could possibly be as bad as New Mexico..

:lol "daddy, what's wrong with that man's pimply face?"

:( daddy, why do those men keep staring at me? :(

I know, I just wanted to work in some Canada smack. Tbh, going to visit Montreal next year.

LnGrrrR
07-29-2012, 03:17 AM
Fighting for America > raising my child around a city full of sexual predators, tbh..

As a dual citizen of America, I'd like to thank Lg for choosing my freedom over a safe childhood for his kid and the safety of his wife, tbh..

:lol You fucker. That was a pretty good one.
Plan on living onbase if I can, Portales if not.

lefty
07-29-2012, 03:51 AM
I know, I just wanted to work in some Canada smack. Tbh, going to visit Montreal next year.

Fuck yeah

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-29-2012, 09:06 AM
That's bona fide imo.
It's certainly a lot better than joining the military :lol

Jesus
07-29-2012, 09:11 AM
The only thing worse than having to come live in NM is having to live i SE NM. Jesus Christ that part of the world is a shit hole.

Damn, stop being such a drama queen.

BUMP
07-29-2012, 09:16 AM
Fuck yeah

:lol 9 in the box

Out of nowhere goods
07-29-2012, 09:42 AM
Service before self, I want some nasty!, ain't free, a certain tight end running downfield without protective head gear etc

LnGrrrR
07-29-2012, 11:55 AM
Being in a maintenance squadron that supports aircraft that fly support missions for special forces doesn't really equate to being in spec ops, does it?

The spec ops at Cannon, aren't they more of a combat controller and SF air support type role whereas Florida has the PJs and some CC?

I was wondering how PJs would train in NM, since the nearest saltwater is almost 600 miles away? It seems it's more of an "already trained" base. When I was there, they had the F-111s. Things change.

DMC, I guess they use it because besides the lack of mountains, the terrain is similar to Afghanistan (high elevation, desert). Also, they've got a bombing range there.

And I don't know what I'll be doing if I go. Not sure how I fit into a maintenace group as a support person.

leemajors
07-29-2012, 12:03 PM

That's what one of my buddies did in the Marines, and he's never had a problem finding a network admin/engineering job. March is his fave time of the year, he gets to watch people's reactions as he shuts their march madness streams down while he watches or looks at whatever he wants :lol

DMC
07-29-2012, 12:54 PM
DMC, I guess they use it because besides the lack of mountains, the terrain is similar to Afghanistan (high elevation, desert). Also, they've got a bombing range there.

And I don't know what I'll be doing if I go. Not sure how I fit into a maintenace group as a support person.

Could be like "The Unit" where you're listed as maintenance group but you're really a covert operator on a clandestine mission to secure donuts from Portales tbh.

After securing the "package", make sure you say, as you are leaving, "the only easy day was yesterday".

MannyIsGod
07-30-2012, 11:21 PM
Stop complaining. The place sounds nice...

You can take your kids to the museum where they will enjoy seeing bones and dirt

http://www.enmu.edu/services/museums/blackwater-draw/gallery/images/students-dig2.jpg

If there's one thing I"m so sick of in NM is all the archaeological sites. They're cool the first 2394083249384 times but after that its just a fucking water color finger painting on a rock and some pieces of obsidian.

MannyIsGod
07-30-2012, 11:22 PM
Is Dairy Queen considered fine dining in Clovis? E.g., does one need to arrive in a coat and make reservations beforehand? Yes, the lady will have the stankburger with extra mustard and a side order of crinkle-cut french fried potatoes, while I will have steakfinger basket, lightly breaded, with a side of potato tots and a methamphetamine blizzard. Can you also send the kid selling silver crap table to table over here? It's our anniversary.

MannyIsGod
07-30-2012, 11:24 PM

Santa Fe sucks after the first 3 times you come here unless you like hippies and old people. Albuquerque is OK and I've been here so long that it seems even better. Everytime I visit a real city I realize how shitty it is. Then again, you're going to be a long ass way from any real cities so it'll be great for you. :lol

Lots of great local beer in Albuqurque. I'll buy you one or two.

LnGrrrR
07-31-2012, 12:47 AM
Santa Fe sucks after the first 3 times you come here unless you like hippies and old people. Albuquerque is OK and I've been here so long that it seems even better. Everytime I visit a real city I realize how shitty it is. Then again, you're going to be a long ass way from any real cities so it'll be great for you. :lol

Lots of great local beer in Albuqurque. I'll buy you one or two.

Thanks mang. :toast

The Reckoning
07-31-2012, 01:27 AM
lol SE NM.

only asshole cops and drunk anasazis are there.

alot of sand though....and sand...and dunes...and more sand.

CosmicCowboy
07-31-2012, 01:20 PM
Damn

From Oahu to Clovis New Mexico.

What a fucking downer.

BTW I freaking fell in love with your island. Honolulu was kinda "meh" IMHO but the North Shore where I stayed was amazing. I could SOOOOO live there.

JoeChalupa
07-31-2012, 01:27 PM
Damn

What a fucking downer.

BTW I freaking fell in love with your island. Honolulu was kinda "meh" IMHO but the North Shore where I stayed was amazing. I could SOOOOO live there.

Yeah, the North Shore rocks but the Big Island is awesome too. I went to all the Islands when I was stationed there. Never been to NM.

The Gemini Method
07-31-2012, 01:39 PM
Wow...chillin' at the DQ is probably the go-to place for the town's peeps. That place is mad desolate.

LnGrrrR
07-31-2012, 04:56 PM
Damn

What a fucking downer.

Yeah, it's a really nice place. Definitely a great place to raise kids, since you can pretty much go outside anytime.

In an update, the position they have me slotted for is a QAE job... blah. Won't even be doing tech work. If I believed in God, I'd be praying quite a bit right now :lol