PDA

View Full Version : Want Class? The Final Moments on Radio

WayDowntownBang
06-24-2005, 02:00 PM
George Blaha is the Detroit home announcer on WDFN Radio. This is how he broadcasted the final moments of Game 7:

================================================
http://www.freep.com/sports/pistons/pcalls24e_20050624.htm

• George Blaha, WDFN-AM (1130): "Rip down the lane, outside to Tayshaun. Guns for three. Off the iron. At the horn. And the celebration will begin in San Antonio. This team's courageous fight for another title has been stopped, really, just inches short here in a Game 7 in San Antonio. This was a grudge match with no grudges. These teams truly like and respect each other, and they fought hard all night long. But the Spurs, feeding off their home crowd, like the Pistons did so many times this year, hung on to win it, 81-74. And the silver and the black and the white confetti is coming down from the heavens, it seems, here in San Antonio. It's a great feeling if you're a Spurs fan. The Pistons know all about it. They won a title on courage and guts and great, great talent and toughness and they took the Spurs all the way to Game 7 here in 2005. The first Game 7 in 11 years in the NBA, and like 12 of the first 15 Game 7's in the Finals, it's gone to the home team."

samikeyp
06-24-2005, 02:00 PM
nice.

50 cent
06-24-2005, 02:25 PM
:tu

That give me chills. I was there and it was very surreal when the confetti and pyrotechnics started going off. For so much of the game, I felt it was just another game - except we had to win or the world was going to end.

WayDowntownBang
06-24-2005, 02:26 PM
I loved the "This is a grudge match without the grudges". Completely accurate.

Willinsa
06-24-2005, 02:33 PM
George Blaha is the Detroit home announcer on WDFN Radio. This is how he broadcasted the final moments of Game 7:

http://www.freep.com/sports/pistons/pcalls24e_20050624.htm

• George Blaha, WDFN-AM (1130): "Rip down the lane, outside to Tayshaun. Guns for three. Off the iron. At the horn. And the celebration will begin in San Antonio. This team's courageous fight for another title has been stopped, really, just inches short here in a Game 7 in San Antonio. This was a grudge match with no grudges. These teams truly like and respect each other, and they fought hard all night long. But the Spurs, feeding off their home crowd, like the Pistons did so many times this year, hung on to win it, 81-74. And the silver and the black and the white confetti is coming down from the heavens, it seems, here in San Antonio. It's a great feeling if you're a Spurs fan. The Pistons know all about it. They won a title on courage and guts and great, great talent and toughness and they took the Spurs all the way to Game 7 here in 2005. The first Game 7 in 11 years in the NBA, and like 12 of the first 15 Game 7's in the Finals, it's gone to the home team."

Great call, I heard it on the radio this morning.

kskonn
06-24-2005, 03:09 PM
man that gave me chills

SoundTheToll
06-24-2005, 03:29 PM
Geoge Blaha is truely one of the greatest. Sometimes I turn down the TV just to listen to him, when he's not on TV. So many Pistons fans fail to realize how great he is. Just look at his final words compared to Al Michaels' final words. There's no comparison.

WayDowntownBang
06-24-2005, 03:36 PM
Geoge Blaha is truely one of the greatest. Sometimes I turn down the TV just to listen to him, when he's not on TV. So many Pistons fans fail to realize how great he is. Just look at his final words compared to Al Michaels' final words. There's no comparison.

Al Michaels is a douchebag. George Blaha's the man. No comparison at all.

NeoConIV
06-24-2005, 03:46 PM
Heard it as well this morning...props