PDA

View Full Version : One of these things is not like the other...

Yonivore
07-29-2012, 02:37 PM
...but, why?

Greek Olympian Booted From Games for Tweeting Racial Joke (http://mashable.com/2012/07/25/greek-olympian-tweet/)

and...

Lebanese Olympic judo team refuses to practice next to Israelis (http://www.timesofisrael.com/lebanese-olympic-judo-team-refuses-to-practice-next-to-israelis/)

But, I guess the IOC who refused to allow a moment of silence for the Israeli athletes killed in 1972's, by Islamic extremists, because it was too political; but did allow a moment of silence for British citizens killed in the 2005 Tube bombings - by the same Islamic extremists ideology - can be faulted, because?

The incident was the first political one between Israel and other countries during the 2012 Games, which don’t formally get under way until Friday evening’s opening ceremony. It happened only days after the Iranian delegation head stated his nation’s athletes would compete with Israelis, a statement which was quickly rejected by Tehran, which tried to suggest that his true sentiment was lost in translation.
Tolerance. :lmao

ChumpDumper
07-29-2012, 02:54 PM
Why are you Israel's lobbyist, yoni?

I mean, I know they need US handouts to survive but what are you getting out of this?

ElNono
07-29-2012, 02:55 PM
The Greek Olympian was removed by her own team, not the IOC...

lol bot

ElNono
07-29-2012, 02:58 PM
Why are you Israel's lobbyist, yoni?

I mean, I know they need US handouts to survive but what are you getting out of this?

Yeah, I don't get the fixation with Israel... It's not like your average joe without a job is stressing about who wants to train next to Israel or not.

Yonivore
07-29-2012, 03:06 PM
The Greek Olympian was removed by her own team, not the IOC...
True. My mistake.

Had you been aware of the Greek's twitter joke, would you have thought it sufficient to kick her out of the Olympics?

And, why isn't Arab bigotry similarly punished?

ElNono
07-29-2012, 03:07 PM
True. My mistake.

Oh, it was no mistake. You just were "connecting the dots"...

boutons_deux
07-29-2012, 03:07 PM
"fixation with Israel"

it's bellicose right-winger, End Times "Christian" fixation (God gonna return to Israel, so is must be protected (apparently, God can't do it Hisself). Repugs love to bust into other countries (Iran up next), esp the one with oil, love to fuck up non-Christians.

Romney to Back Israel’s "Right to Strike Iran," Aide Says

http://truth-out.org/news/item/10581-romney-to-back-israels-right-to-strike-iran-aide-says

Oh, Gee!!
07-29-2012, 03:08 PM
it all goes back to the chicken

ChumpDumper
07-29-2012, 03:11 PM
True. My mistake.

Had you been aware of the Greek's twitter joke, would you have thought it sufficient to kick her out of the Olympics?No. Greeks are idiots.

And, why isn't Arab bigotry similarly punished?By whom?

What are you demanding here and why?

Oh, Gee!!
07-29-2012, 03:20 PM

for nobody anywhere to speak a bad word of Israel ever

Yonivore
07-29-2012, 03:22 PM
No. Greeks are idiots.
No argument there. Considering what an ambassador to their fucked up country she would be, her apology, and the fact the joke was only arguably racist, demonstrates that.

http://cdn.blisstree.com/files/2012/07/voula-papachristou.jpg

No. Greeks are idiots.

By whom?

I think Olympic organizers should have told the Lebanese to go fuck themselves, they can either practice or not but, no sense in accommodating their bigotry.

I'm not demanding just commenting.

Yonivore
07-29-2012, 03:24 PM
for nobody anywhere to speak a bad word of Israel ever
I don't understand the IOC's willingness to capitulate to the Lebanese bigotry.

ChumpDumper
07-29-2012, 03:26 PM
No argument there. Considering what an ambassador to their fucked up country she would be, her apology, and the fact the joke was only arguably racist, demonstrates that.

http://cdn.blisstree.com/files/2012/07/voula-papachristou.jpgNo, she's an idiot too.

I think Olympic organizers should have told the Lebanese to go fuck themselves, they can either practice or not but, no sense in accommodating their bigotry.

I'm not demanding just commenting.Yay! More politics! That's the answer to everything!

Oh, Gee!!
07-29-2012, 03:28 PM
I don't understand the IOC's willingness to capitulate to the Lebanese bigotry.

by placing a portable divider? omg the horror, how can the olympics continue? look at the pics in the link yoni posted about the lebanese/israeli showdown, and the divider is like one of the things you see in one those detective movies that the damsel in distress changes behind. it's literally a room divider made of wood and rice paper, and the Israeli paper is calling it a "barrier."

Yonivore
07-29-2012, 03:31 PM
by placing a portable divider? omg the horror, how can the olympics continue?
Never mind.

Oh, Gee!!
07-29-2012, 03:33 PM
Never mind.

you're right, yoni. a rice paper room divider makes for an international incident and we should all take it very seriously.

ChumpDumper
07-29-2012, 03:38 PM
Yeah, maybe the Lebanese coach just didn't want a competing team to see their sweet secret crane stances.

ElNono
07-29-2012, 04:06 PM
by placing a portable divider? omg the horror, how can the olympics continue?

What's next?!?! Appeasing to the same-sex marriage radicals?! :dramaquee

mercos
07-29-2012, 04:51 PM
If this was a political issues, and not Lebanon just wanting to keep their training secret, they should be kicked out of the games. The Olympics are not supposed to be part of the political theater. There is no room for bigotry there. If a country has a problem competing and being around those from another country, they should take their ass home.

Yonivore
07-29-2012, 07:38 PM
If this was a political issues, and not Lebanon just wanting to keep their training secret, they should be kicked out of the games. The Olympics are not supposed to be part of the political theater. There is no room for bigotry there. If a country has a problem competing and being around those from another country, they should take their ass home.
Uh, it is a political and bigotry issue and has nothing to do with Lebanon wanting to keep training secrets.

I draw your attention to the last paragraph in the article.

It happened only days after the Iranian delegation head stated his nation’s athletes would compete with Israelis, a statement which was quickly rejected by Tehran, which tried to suggest that his true sentiment was lost in translation.
Muslim Arabs will forfeit their matches if it turns out they have to compete against an Israeli at the Olympics. They call them pigs and think them less than human and, therefore, refuse to share facilities and definitely won't compete against them in a physical match they could conceivably lose.

Yonivore
07-29-2012, 07:44 PM
Here, mercos, enlighten yourself on the Jihad.

MUSLIMS PROTEST JEWISH [ISRAEL] PARTICIPATION IN OLYMPICS (http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/atlas_shrugs/2012/07/muslims-protest-jewish-israel-participation-in-olympics.html)

The only Olympic competition, against Israelis, in which Muslims are interested in competing is a shooting event in which only one side is armed. They held that event in '72.

Oh, Gee!!
07-29-2012, 07:45 PM
Proof of lebanon's motive is what an official in tehran says about the iranian team? Is that like when proof of a liberal's motives about gun control can be gleaned from his stance on chicken sandwiches?

Yonivore
07-29-2012, 07:51 PM
Proof of lebanon's motive is what an official in tehran says about the iranian team?
Yes.

Is that like when proof of a liberal's motives about gun control can be gleaned from his stance on chicken sandwiches?
Yes.

mercos
07-29-2012, 09:38 PM
I assumed it was politically motivated, but didn't really look deep into the issue. Like I said, if they have a problem competing with another country, send their asses home.

Yonivore
07-29-2012, 09:39 PM
I assumed it was politically motivated, but didn't really look deep into the issue. Like I said, if they have a problem competing with another country, send their asses home.
Instead, they accommodate. That was my point.

Winehole23
07-29-2012, 10:47 PM
amen. it's not like Lebanon has any major historical gripes with Israel.

(*cough* 1982, 2006 *cough*)

Winehole23
07-29-2012, 10:57 PM
btw, do Olympic athletes swear not to forfeit matches for reasons of conscience, or is it allowed?

just what would you be kicking Lebanese out of the Olympics for, Mr Yonivore?

declaring their intention to forfeit matches against athletes representing Lebanon's most recent traditional enemy in war -- is not facially racist, though certainly, very strong sentiments often obtain between enemies.

Winehole23
07-29-2012, 11:03 PM
the racism of the Lebanese Olympic cohort was more or less baldly inferred by Yoni. no showing whatsoever has yet been made that Lebanese athletes have perpetrated a racist and intolerable outrage.

Winehole23
07-29-2012, 11:08 PM
nm

ElNono
07-29-2012, 11:11 PM
nevertheless, Yoni perceives it to be there. should we fail to perceive it also, we become accomplices to racism, participants in historical evil . . .

Have you called you IOC representative today about this?

ChumpDumper
07-30-2012, 12:31 AM
Iranians aren't Arabs, dumbass.