PDA

View Full Version : Hey how about Patrick Ewing as a Coach?

BackHome
07-29-2012, 07:19 PM
After Van Gundy got the boot so did Patrick I know we have some young big's do you think he could help players like Ryan Richards and Splitter? I mean we couldn't hit our free throws so we hired someone for that why not someone who can coach bigs?

Bruno
07-29-2012, 07:25 PM
Spurs don't need him.

They still have Sean Marks and Bonner will be Spurs future bigmen coach when he will end his Spurs player career in about a decade.

TimDunkem
07-29-2012, 07:27 PM
Spurs don't need him.

They still have Sean Marks and Bonner will be Spurs future bigmen coach when he will end his Spurs player career in about a decade.
:depressed

timvp
07-29-2012, 07:44 PM
Spurs don't need him.

:rollin

Wild Cobra Kai
07-29-2012, 07:47 PM
After Van Gundy got the boot so did Patrick I know we have some young big's do you think he could help players like Ryan Richards and Splitter? I mean we couldn't hit our free throws so we hired someone for that why not someone who can coach bigs?

Ryan Richards has the same chance to be ON the roster as Bonner has to be OFF the roster for this coming season. Splitter doesn't need a big man coach, he needs a fucking shrink.

CGD
07-29-2012, 09:02 PM
No BS, i think Bonner will be a better front office person than player.

baseline bum
07-29-2012, 09:05 PM
I don't want Ewing teaching Splitter to shoot 14 footers tbh.

Stabula
07-30-2012, 12:56 AM
Just imagine how much better Splitter would be if he could develop some kind of jump shot.

therealtruth
07-30-2012, 05:15 AM
I don't want Ewing teaching Splitter to shoot 14 footers tbh.

Splitter could shoot them when he played in Spain. His game has regressed under Pop.

Wild Cobra Kai
07-30-2012, 07:54 AM
Just imagine how much better Splitter would be if he could develop some kind of jump shot.

We have the best shooting coach on the planet. We don''t need Ewing.

Wild Cobra Kai
07-30-2012, 07:56 AM
Splitter could shoot them when he played in Spain. His game has regressed under Pop.

Yeah, anyone can SHOOT them, but can he make them at a good clip? If he's not hitting at about 40%, it's a bad shot for our offense. I probably don't need to remind you, either, that Spain ISN'T the NBA.

racm
07-30-2012, 08:20 AM

Leonard had a bad jumper before he joined the Spurs and somehow shot 37% from deep last season. If the Celtics had Chip they'd be deadly.

Yeah, anyone can SHOOT them, but can he make them at a good clip? If he's not hitting at about 40%, it's a bad shot for our offense. I probably don't need to remind you, either, that Spain ISN'T the NBA.

Free throws are as much form as they are about mindset. That's why Stephenson made that choking sign when LeBron missed a couple. Splitter lost a lot of confidence after his injury in the Jazz series.

ohmwrecker
07-30-2012, 08:27 AM
Ewing is a bigs coach. The Spurs don't have any bigs.

bigfan
07-30-2012, 09:36 AM
The guy has a hard time speaking english; pass....

therealtruth
07-30-2012, 05:40 PM

You don't think he could hit 40% on wide open jumpers when he was able to shoot ~70% from free throw line? I am not advocating it be a staple of the offense but if that is what the defense gives he should be able to hit them.

spurs10
07-30-2012, 05:47 PM
Ewing is a bigs coach. The Spurs don't have any bigs.
Ouch!

BackHome
08-01-2012, 04:10 PM

This is great for shooters but not so good for big men who need help on things like defense rotations, proper footwork when guarding big's vs small, or footwork in the paint to get easy shots, boxing out, rebounding etc.....

sananspursfan21
08-01-2012, 04:14 PM
what about patrick ewing as a player? he'd take the vet minimum

therealtruth
08-01-2012, 10:52 PM
He could give some pointers. He became a really good jumpshooting center later in his career. It seemed TD lost some confidence in his jumpshot in the Thunder series even though it had been a big weapon for most of the playoffs.