PDA

View Full Version : Calling him out of retirement...

Yonivore
07-30-2012, 09:23 AM
Bill Clinton to Have Leading Role at Party’s Convention (http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/30/us/politics/bill-clinton-to-have-marquee-role-at-democratic-convention.html?hp)

http://plancksconstant.org/blog1/iamges/sub12/bubba_returns.jpg

That's got to be humiliating for President Obama to have to ask Bill Clinton to try and save his bacon.

George Gervin's Afro
07-30-2012, 09:37 AM
Bill Clinton to Have Leading Role at Party’s Convention (http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/30/us/politics/bill-clinton-to-have-marquee-role-at-democratic-convention.html?hp)

http://plancksconstant.org/blog1/iamges/sub12/bubba_returns.jpg

That's got to be humiliating for President Obama to have to ask Bill Clinton to try and save his bacon.

It must be humiliating to know that he still kicks the GOP ass whenever he is rolled out..

Blake
07-30-2012, 10:00 AM

probably not.

boutons_deux
07-30-2012, 10:06 AM
An excellent move.

Bill Clinton, witch hunted and demonized in his 2 terms, remained, along with, eg, his environmental policies, EXTREMELY popular. and is still popular.

And since the Presidency is basically a beauty/popularity contest, the unpopular, gaffe-y, sterile, secretive bot Gecko, even with $1B+ of 1%'s money, ain't ever gonna be popular.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JD8SYLQzgM

ChumpDumper
07-30-2012, 10:08 AM
It must be embarrassing for Republicans to roll out the corpse of Reagan every convention.

Yonivore
07-30-2012, 10:09 AM
probably not.
Yeah, you're probably right; he's pretty desperate. Can't wait to see the first time -- I mean the second time -- Clinton takes the mic away from the President of the United States.

6bfbNsk9IbA

clambake
07-30-2012, 10:11 AM
It must be embarrassing for Republicans to roll out the corpse of Reagan every convention.

:lmao

xrayzebra
07-30-2012, 10:19 AM
Guess Obama got some new interns in the White House and made a
deal with slick willie to audition them on their ability to speak with
their mouth full.

Spurminator
07-30-2012, 10:29 AM
Ha ha ha ha haha!! Hahahahahahaha!! Oh man... I haven't laughed this hard in I don't know how long. Pathetic Democrats, using a popular former President to stump for them. What a bunch of losers!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Laughing about this makes me feel better about myself.

Clipper Nation
07-30-2012, 10:34 AM

Blake
07-30-2012, 10:34 AM
Yeah, you're probably right; he's pretty desperate. Can't wait to see the first time -- I mean the second time -- Clinton takes the mic away from the President of the United States.

whatever works to keep him in office.

Let Bill do the talking here at home and let Hillary do the work abroad.

Brilliant use of Clintonian resources, imo.

Yonivore
07-30-2012, 10:39 AM
whatever works to keep him in office.

Let Bill do the talking here at home and let Hillary do the work abroad.

Brilliant use of Clintonian resources, imo.
Okay, we won't stop you. But, when hilarity ensues, don't say we didn't warn you.

Here's a tip: Bill Clinton can't be President and he's going to make Obama look like a rank amateur politician. Just like the last time.

I hear they're considering Obama "You-didn't-build-that" muse, Fauxchohantas Warren, for the keynote so, perhaps, they'll use Clinton to introduce the nominee.

Wouldn't it be sweet if Clinton's introduction ran as long as the nominee's speech?

ChumpDumper
07-30-2012, 10:40 AM
http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2011/2/6/eadef7d2-d768-4096-a048-f3d535e57193.jpg

clambake
07-30-2012, 10:42 AM
obsession thread #..........

clambake
07-30-2012, 10:42 AM
http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2011/2/6/eadef7d2-d768-4096-a048-f3d535e57193.jpg

Blake
07-30-2012, 10:46 AM
Here's a tip: Bill Clinton can't be President and he's going to make Obama look like a rank amateur politician. Just like the last time.

he makes almost any public speaker look pedestrian, imo

Yonivore
07-30-2012, 10:58 AM
he makes almost any public speaker look pedestrian, imo
That's why it's a mistake. But, go ahead...I'll enjoy the show. I kind of miss Bill Clinton.

Blake
07-30-2012, 11:12 AM
That's why it's a mistake. But, go ahead...I'll enjoy the show. I kind of miss Bill Clinton.

Seemed to work the first time for Obama

Em76cePV9EM

mercos
07-30-2012, 11:13 AM
Humiliate a politician? Ha. All of them (Dems and Repugs) will do anything to get or retain power. Romney kissed Donald Trumps ass. Do you think Romney wanted to kiss that blowhard's ring?

Trill Clinton
07-30-2012, 11:14 AM
It must be humiliating to know that he still kicks the GOP ass whenever he is rolled out..

:lol

Bill_Brasky
07-30-2012, 11:20 AM
Who the fuck wouldn't want to be associated with a Rhodes scholar?

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-30-2012, 11:26 AM

Yonivore
07-30-2012, 11:32 AM
I give, y'all are all right! After all, it's not like Clinton yanked the carpet out from under Obama's Bain Capital Attack or anything. I mean, it's not like Clinton complimented Romney on his "sterling" career in capital investment. Nah...should be no problem, at all.

Bill Clinton On Bain: 'This Is Good Work' (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/31/bill-clinton-bain-capital_n_1561208.html)

FromWayDowntown
07-30-2012, 11:34 AM
Who the fuck wouldn't want to be associated with a Rhodes scholar?

Academic achievement is no longer regarded as a strength by conservative America. Being a Rhodes Scholar is simply a badge of detachment from the masses and ingrained elitism that only masquerades as populism.

[/sarcasm-ish]

Yonivore
07-30-2012, 11:45 AM
Academic achievement is no longer regarded as a strength by conservative America. Being a Rhodes Scholar is simply a badge of detachment from the masses and ingrained elitism that only masquerades as populism.

[/sarcasm-ish]
What's Clinton's Rhodes Scholarship got to do with it? Is that why Obama is pulling him from the bench? Because he's a Rhodes Scholar? I'm sure you can find a link but, I don't recall anyone claiming Clinton was out of touch because of his Rhodes Scholarship.

Nice diversion, though.

Drachen
07-30-2012, 11:51 AM
What's Clinton's Rhodes Scholarship got to do with it? Is that why Obama is pulling him from the bench? Because he's a Rhodes Scholar? I'm sure you can find a link but, I don't recall anyone claiming Clinton was out of touch because of his Rhodes Scholarship.

Nice diversion, though.

He is popular and has substance. I won't pretend like his popularity isn't the primary reason (this is presidential politics after all), but the fact that they can find someone who has both is a boon imo.

Yonivore
07-30-2012, 11:54 AM
He is popular and has substance. I won't pretend like his popularity isn't the primary reason (this is presidential politics after all), but the fact that they can find someone who has both is a boon imo.
Unless he a) doesn't stick to message and b) completely overshadows the nominee.

That's the danger. That people will wish Bill Clinton could be President again and have to settle for Obama...again. Voter enthusiasm is a major factor. I don't see Bill Clinton getting anyone enthusiastic about anyone but himself.

You put two egos that big on stage and someone is going to look less than they want to be. It's that simple.

Look, it's an opinion, we'll see how it pans out.

Clipper Nation
07-30-2012, 11:57 AM
:lol Neocon talking about voter enthusiasm when NOBODY likes Willard

Wild Cobra
07-30-2012, 02:42 PM

6bfbNsk9IbA
Has Clinton ever Jammed with Huckabee?

Bet it would make for a great show if Huckabee still has his show.

xrayzebra
07-30-2012, 03:10 PM
Wonder if Clinton will rave about what a great guy Mitt is and that
he has a sterling reputation as a venture capitalist like he did not
long ago.

Also, lets not forget Clinton said the tax rates should be extended as
is.

Oh, yeah, I know, he went through re-education class conducted by
the Obama thugs. Clinton likes his knee caps as is and doesn't want
them re-arranged by the Chicago special unit.

xrayzebra
07-30-2012, 03:11 PM
:lol Neocon talking about voter enthusiasm when NOBODY likes Willard

I like him. At least I know what I am voting for.

Obama. Hell, we aren't even sure he was born or hatched.

boutons_deux
07-30-2012, 03:12 PM
gecko is not a venture capitalist, he's a leveraged buyout predator

Wild Cobra
07-30-2012, 03:13 PM
gecko is not a venture capitalist, he's a leveraged buyout predator
What would have happened to those companies if nobody bought them?

xrayzebra
07-30-2012, 03:18 PM

Hell WC, don't confuse our little forum communist. He thinks all money
belongs to government.

boutons_deux
07-30-2012, 03:48 PM

who knows?

At very least, they very probably wouldn't be burdened with maybe fatal leveraged debt after the Gecko's predators rode off with their $Ms in fees.

Clipper Nation
07-30-2012, 04:03 PM
I like him. At least I know what I am voting for.
:lmao :lmao :lmao

Willard changes his opinions every five minutes, tbh....

Yonivore
07-30-2012, 04:09 PM
:lmao :lmao :lmao

Willard changes his opinions every five minutes, tbh....
Yeah, it's not like Obama didn't make a whole host of promises he didn't keep. It's not like he didn't change his stance on same-sex marriage as a matter of political expedience. It's not like he spent the 18 months leading up to the 2008 election bashing President Bush's military strategy only to adopt just about every facet of it, and then, go beyond anything Bush ever dreamed of with his hit lists and intelligence gathering.

Nah, Romney's, much worse than that. Wait, exactly on what did Romney change his opinion? Let's have a definitive list. I'm sure there's one somewhere in the liberal cesspool of the left.

ElNono
07-30-2012, 04:38 PM
Nobody is saying Barry isn't a douche... try to keep up.

xrayzebra
07-31-2012, 08:44 AM
I still got to wonder what Barry promised slick willie to make the speech. Slick
Willie doesn't come cheap. Maybe first "crack" at all the new interns.....

ChumpDumper
07-31-2012, 09:19 AM
I still got to wonder what Barry promised slick willie to make the speech. Slick
Willie doesn't come cheap. Maybe first "crack" at all the new interns.....You already posted that shitty "joke."

Blake
07-31-2012, 09:21 AM
Maybe Barry promised Bill that he would send Hillary on more extended trips to the Middle East this next term.

xrayzebra
07-31-2012, 09:59 AM
Hey Chump, still at your same old game, one liners. Have you ever had a
complete thought in your whole life.

ChumpDumper
07-31-2012, 10:05 AM
Yes.

jack sommerset
07-31-2012, 03:55 PM
Hopefully Obama will thank bill by getting him some coffee. God bless

Crookshanks
07-31-2012, 10:00 PM
Clinton is going to have to tell some whopper lies about how great Obama is - and we all know there isn't a more accomplished liar than Slick Willy.

FuzzyLumpkins
07-31-2012, 10:35 PM
More minutiae and a 'conservative' circle jerk.

Here's Yoni!

Blake
07-31-2012, 11:28 PM
Clinton is going to have to tell some whopper lies about how great Obama is - and we all know there isn't a more accomplished liar than Slick Willy.

Read my lips: they all lie.

Mission accomplished.

Drachen
08-01-2012, 12:11 AM

It's funny when people try so hard to score a point for their team that they end up owning the hell out of themselves...

Hint: Clinton got caught lying. I am Pretty sure that this immediately disqualifies one from being "most accomplished liar".