PDA

View Full Version : Larry Brown...

Duff McCartney
06-24-2005, 02:19 PM
Larry this ring is for you. This is a personal thanks from me to you, if it wasn't for you this team would nothing. Who knows if David Robinson would have become the player he was if not for Larry Brown, if Pop would have been the coach he is without Larry Brown, if he would have even been the coach of the Spurs if not for Larry, if all these years of dominating defense would have even been around if not for Larry Brown.

You gave us some good years as a coach here, and you gave us even more by grooming Popovich as your heir apparent.

So as a Spurs fan I say with all the humility in the world that I tip my hat off to you Larry Brown.

This ring is for you.

nkdlunch
06-24-2005, 02:23 PM
Fuck Larry Brown.

"I hope I can coach next year" - how can the Pistons take this shit? kick him ass out of town and get that Seattle coach Mcmillan already.

WayDowntownBang
06-24-2005, 02:23 PM
Larry this ring is for you. This is a personal thanks from me to you, if it wasn't for you this team would nothing. Who knows if David Robinson would have become the player he was if not for Larry Brown. If Pop would have been the coach he is without Larry Brown, if he would have even been coach of the Spurs if not for Larry. If all these years of dominating defense would have even been around if not for Larry Brown.

You gave us some good years as a coach here, and you gave us even more by grooming Popovich as your heir apparent.

So as a Spurs fan I say with all the humility in the world that I tip my hat off to you Larry Brown.

This ring is for you.

The best part about Larry Brown is that he's a teacher first, and THEN a coach.

Very cool, very classy. Great post.

Vashner
06-24-2005, 02:24 PM
Larry did help set the Spurs franchise in a winning and classy direction.

WayDowntownBang
06-24-2005, 02:25 PM
Fuck Larry Brown.

"I hope I can coach next year" - how can the Pistons take this shit? kick him ass out of town and get that Seattle coach Mcmillan already.

Trust me.. part of me thinks the same way, but it's a matter of his health. He's going to be going through some pretty major hip (?) surgery here coming up pretty soon. If it was a matter of "I don't know if I want to be here", that'd be one thing. Understanding that health and family come before basketball, I forgive him for the shit we've been put through lately.

caspian
06-24-2005, 02:25 PM
Larry this ring is for you. This is a personal thanks from me to you, if it wasn't for you this team would nothing. Who knows if David Robinson would have become the player he was if not for Larry Brown. If Pop would have been the coach he is without Larry Brown, if he would have even been coach of the Spurs if not for Larry. If all these years of dominating defense would have even been around if not for Larry Brown.

This ring is for you.

Great post!

SWC Bonfire
06-24-2005, 02:27 PM
Larry is a gypsy, man. It's part of his MO.

I'll never forget him in the "Mr. Robinson's Neighborhood" commercial, though :lol

Sasha
06-24-2005, 02:31 PM
Fuck Larry Brown.

I hope you're not serious. Larry Brown is ill and his coaching future is in question. I hope he can coach next year, too.

50 cent
06-24-2005, 02:45 PM
I've always liked Larry and think he is a class act. I hope his health allows him to keep coaching.