PDA

View Full Version : trade idea:

kobyz
08-01-2012, 08:14 AM
would you do it? if you want to get a title you should!

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=cxwfkmc

smaka
08-01-2012, 08:47 AM
http://piggington.com/files/images/Troll Alert - No BS_0.jpg

Russo21
08-01-2012, 08:48 AM
no

Fireball
08-01-2012, 09:53 AM
this is more insane than any trade idea involving Dwight Howard

BG_Spurs_Fan
08-01-2012, 10:13 AM
:lol

kobyz
08-01-2012, 11:27 AM
still no one gave a professional opinion about this trade, if it good or bad for the Spurs...

nickdaquick
08-01-2012, 11:34 AM
Didn't someone aleady come out with this trade?

Here's my professional opinion; bad for Spurs.

Libri
08-01-2012, 11:58 AM
http://gifs.gifbin.com/3204840swsw.gif

Juggity
08-01-2012, 12:10 PM
You're suggesting we give up all depth at center, leaving Tim to man the position on his own.

You're suggesting we trade for a group of overpaid veterans who consistently underperform — with the consolation prize of one athletic/young forward.

You're suggesting we get rid of Manu, Jax, Splitter and four role players so Chicago can dump their bad contracts on the Spurs.

Good plan, tbh.

Mel_13
08-01-2012, 12:21 PM
still no one gave a professional opinion about this trade, if it good or bad for the Spurs...

Hollinger's Analysis: -14 Wins

With this trade you have decreased this team's projected wins by 14.

ElNono
08-01-2012, 01:18 PM
Hollinger's Analysis: -14 Wins

With this trade you have decreased this team's projected wins by 14.

http://i48.tinypic.com/k4gm1j.png

Mel_13
08-01-2012, 01:21 PM
http://i48.tinypic.com/k4gm1j.png

He asked for a professional opinion of his trade idea. That was the only one available.

ElNono
08-01-2012, 01:24 PM
He asked for a professional opinion of his trade idea. That was the only one available.

:lol I know... I was just putting Hollinger's predictions in perspective

kobyz
08-01-2012, 01:30 PM
You're suggesting we give up all depth at center, leaving Tim to man the position on his own.

You're suggesting we trade for a group of overpaid veterans who consistently underperform — with the consolation prize of one athletic/young forward.

You're suggesting we get rid of Manu, Jax, Splitter and four role players so Chicago can dump their bad contracts on the Spurs.

Good plan, tbh.

are you serious? Bonner and Blair are not rotation players, you give up only Splitter but get Gibson, a much better player and better fit next to Tim and someone who will bring much needed defensive mindset and also Boozer that will be great privilege to have in professional viewpoint.
overpaid veterans? such as Manu and Jax?
you get for them Lual Deng, an allstar caliber player, a top 3 SF in the league and top 3 wing defender, someone who is better those days than Manu and Jax combine and could play the minutes of both of them.
Hamilton is also solid option at the two with experience.

i know it's hard and sad to give up manu who is a symbol but maybe it's time!

MR.SILVER&BLack
08-01-2012, 02:24 PM
are you serious? Bonner and Blair are not rotation players, you give up only Splitter but get Gibson, a much better player and better fit next to Tim and someone who will bring much needed defensive mindset and also Boozer that will be great privilege to have in professional viewpoint.
you get for them Lual Deng, an allstar caliber player, a top 3 SF in the league and top 3 wing defender, someone who is better those days than Manu and Jax combine and could play the minutes of both of them.

Manu & Jackson are both expiring contracts & both will re-sign at a discounted price giving RC a good amount of cap space to chase a solid starting big. Also no need for Deng when we already have Kawhi.

Clipper Nation
08-01-2012, 02:32 PM
Better trade idea.... Vinny Del Negro and Ryan Hollins for Gregg Popovich....

The_Worlds_finest
08-01-2012, 02:41 PM
sofa king we tall did

nickdaquick
08-01-2012, 05:06 PM

Top 3???? :bang Let me list off a few SF that are WAY BETTER than Deng.

Lebron James
Kevin Durant
Carmelo Anthony
Paul Pierce
Andre Igudoala
Rudy Gay
Danny Granger
Gerald Wallace

Spursfan092120
08-01-2012, 05:28 PM
Why is this thread not locked yet?

Mel_13
08-01-2012, 05:47 PM
Why is this thread not locked yet?

There's no reason to lock the thread. It's almost two months until training camp begins and the board is settling into the normal summer doldrums. If someone wants to propose wildly irrational trade scenarios to pass the time, let them have at it.

kobyz
08-01-2012, 06:51 PM
Top 3???? :bang Let me list off a few SF that are WAY BETTER than Deng.

Lebron James
Kevin Durant
Carmelo Anthony
Paul Pierce
Andre Igudoala
Rudy Gay
Danny Granger
Gerald Wallace

no, after LeBron and Durant i think he's right out there tie with Pierce and Anthony for third place.

racm
08-01-2012, 07:49 PM
Deng's a good defender but offensively he's not amazing. He averaged 15 and 6 on 41/37/77 shooting while posting the most minutes per game in the league. Per 36 those drop to 14 and 5.

Leonard's stats per 36 are 12 and 8 on 49/37/77 shooting, so there's not a huge dropoff. Not to mention Deng's in his prime while Leonard is just coming into his second year in the league.

kobyz
08-01-2012, 09:22 PM
you should remember he played with a broken arm last season, he is much improved offensive player and much better than what he's given credit for.

sananspursfan21
08-01-2012, 09:40 PM
huh. now there's a thought

AussieFanKurt
08-01-2012, 10:21 PM
Love it

Andthentherewas21
08-01-2012, 11:11 PM
you should remember he played with a broken arm last season, he is much improved offensive player and much better than what he's given credit for.

That broken arm was/is actually a torn ligament in his left wrist. Unlike the completely unrecognized fracture that Manu played with against the Grizz in the first round of the playoffs 2 years ago.

Spurs4#5
08-01-2012, 11:58 PM
Gotta love the crazies that are wanting to overhaul a team that was 2 wins from the finals

spurspokesman
08-02-2012, 12:58 AM
http://gifs.gifbin.com/3204840swsw.gif
:lol This

skulls138
08-02-2012, 05:26 AM
Huh? Give up Manu, Neal and Jax, proven Spurs successes and not have a 6'11" or higher on the list?

kobyz
08-02-2012, 07:32 AM
Gotta love the crazies that are wanting to overhaul a team that was 2 wins from the finals

yeah but you can't take on the Thunder, you can't match their intensity in a playoff series, you could play your game and execution your offense but you will still fall, you have to make a change and to get 2 great defensive player in Deng and Gibson is the thing!

maverick1948
08-02-2012, 02:17 PM
would you do it? if you want to get a title you should!

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=cxwfkmc

Since you are a laker fan playing GM for the Spurs, I will play like I am doctor and do a cat scan on your head to see if there is a brain there. But since I already know there isnt, then it would be wasted money to do the scan.

kobyz
08-02-2012, 10:19 PM
Since you are a laker fan playing GM for the Spurs, I will play like I am doctor and do a cat scan on your head to see if there is a brain there. But since I already know there isnt, then it would be wasted money to do the scan.

cool story!

Wild Cobra Kai
08-02-2012, 11:02 PM
yeah but you can't take on the Thunder, you can't match their intensity in a playoff series, you could play your game and execution your offense but you will still fall, you have to make a change and to get 2 great defensive player in Deng and Gibson is the thing!

It wouldn't have mattered if we had Dwight Howard. OKC shot like 75% for the series. It had nothing to do with intensity, and everything to do with a ridiculous amount of long two point shots dropping in the last four games. If they shot their average on two point shots outside of 15 feet, we win the series. Hell, if Perk and Ibaka DON'T shoot 22-25 in that one game, we likely win the series. It was a freak barrage that OKC will have trouble ever matching again.

kobyz
08-03-2012, 09:36 AM
It wouldn't have mattered if we had Dwight Howard. OKC shot like 75% for the series. It had nothing to do with intensity, and everything to do with a ridiculous amount of long two point shots dropping in the last four games. If they shot their average on two point shots outside of 15 feet, we win the series. Hell, if Perk and Ibaka DON'T shoot 22-25 in that one game, we likely win the series. It was a freak barrage that OKC will have trouble ever matching again.

there is a reason they shot that good and it's all about intensity!! other than game 2 they just control the tempo of the games, they felt comfortable with the style of game(what they didn't against Miami) and that why we couldn't get over the hump!

Wild Cobra Kai
08-03-2012, 06:27 PM
there is a reason they shot that good and it's all about intensity!! other than game 2 they just control the tempo of the games, they felt comfortable with the style of game(what they didn't against Miami) and that why we couldn't get over the hump!

No. If intensity were all it took, we could win every other year. The Spurs have always been one of the most intense, focused teams in the league.

OKC is a very good team, but Lady Luck paid them a little visit. If we play that series 10 times, the Spurs win six or maybe seven of them. We just drew the short straw this year. No need to panic and make dumb moves by helping Chicago shed their shitty contracts.

BTW, if you think we need to improve our defense, you should want NO part of Carlos Boozer. He's gawd awful.

Spurs da champs
08-03-2012, 06:39 PM
No. If intensity were all it took, we could win every other year. The Spurs have always been one of the most intense, focused teams in the league.

Maybe focused but not 'intense', only 4 players in the playoffs showed heart & a real will to win when things got tough (Manu, Jack, Tim & Leonard), everyone else (Green, Splitter, Parker & Bonner in particular) showed mental weakness & lacked intensity.