PDA

View Full Version : What's so great about Chick-Fil-A?

PM5K
08-01-2012, 08:32 PM
Not talking about what's been going on lately, but I went there a couple months back because I always see lines there, and honestly the food was good but not great, nothing I'd wait in a line for.

So what's so great about Chick-Fil-A?

CuckingFunt
08-01-2012, 08:37 PM
Not a clue. I went a couple years ago out of curiosity, because New Orleans is the first place I've ever lived that had one, but I thought it was completely uninspiring. Whatever the appeal, it's lost on me.

But, then, I don't generally like fast food much, so it probably didn't have much of a chance of impressing me to begin with.

Spurminator
08-01-2012, 09:51 PM
I liked their spicy chicken sandwich... the waffle fries are good, and the lemonade is excellent. Kind of pricey for fast food though.

VBM
08-01-2012, 10:31 PM
http://www.chick-fil-a.com/Media/Img/catalog/Food/XLarge/Polynesian-Sauce.png

Kai
08-01-2012, 10:41 PM
Gay black dude that works there totally wanted some of my shit last time I went there. Shit was weird as hell, I've never been hit on by a guy.

shyne
08-01-2012, 10:46 PM
http://www.chick-fil-a.com/Media/Img/catalog/Food/XLarge/Polynesian-Sauce.png

For sure, I fucken love that stuff.

VBM
08-01-2012, 10:57 PM
For sure, I fucken love that stuff.

All about that Xanthan Gum...:lol

JayTheClown
08-01-2012, 11:40 PM
Their sandwiches that come in the bag are good. Never had anything else from there.

CubanSucks
08-02-2012, 12:20 PM
there fries are amazing, the sandwiches are pretty good, and apparently it's a good place to take the kids because they love it and they all have an indoor playground

Kind of pricey for fast food though.

wtf? The regular combo (chicken sandwich, fries, and drink) is around $7, maybe less. What fast food meal (not value menu) is cheaper?

mrsmaalox
08-02-2012, 12:33 PM
I don't eat chicken nuggets or those breaded chicken sandwiches anywhere, but I like their Chargrilled Chicken Salad a lot. The chicken is pretty nondescript, but the veggies are always fresh and crisp, the croutons and sunflower seeds are tasty; definitely the best fast food salad.

DisAsTerBot
08-02-2012, 12:33 PM
never been a big fan, so never going there again isn't a problem for me in the slightest.

cantthinkofanything
08-02-2012, 12:37 PM
where is there a better fast food chicken sandwich niggas?

JoeChalupa
08-02-2012, 12:46 PM
I like their chicken sammiches but only go when I've got a coupon. It ain't for everyone but then again I heard so many people rave about PF Chang's and I wasn't that impressed when I went.

cantthinkofanything
08-02-2012, 12:51 PM
I like their chicken sammiches but only go when I've got a coupon. It ain't for everyone but then again I heard so many people rave about PF Chang's and I wasn't that impressed when I went.

x2 Joe. rather go to a decent Chinese buffet that PFC. Chinese cooking has the ability to make crappy pieces of meat taste pretty good. It's why it's been hard for a Chinese medium quality chain to stay in business. China Coast as an example.

lebomb
08-02-2012, 01:01 PM
x2 Joe. rather go to a decent Chinese buffet that PFC. Chinese cooking has the ability to make crappy pieces of meat taste pretty good. It's why it's been hard for a Chinese medium quality chain to stay in business. China Coast as an example.

Until you notice someone sneezed in their fuckin hand and grabbed the spoon you are about to scoup up ya scrimps with laaaabstuh sauce onto your plate with. To hell with buffets, that is a zombie epidemic waiting to happen..........QF.

JoeChalupa
08-02-2012, 01:13 PM
Until you notice someone sneezed in their fuckin hand and grabbed the spoon you are about to scoup up ya scrimps with laaaabstuh sauce onto your plate with. To hell with buffets, that is a zombie epidemic waiting to happen..........QF.

There are plenty of nasty things going on behind the kitchen door in many places....

cantthinkofanything
08-02-2012, 01:21 PM

if you don't think that shit goes on in every restaurant, you're kidding yourself

Creepn
08-02-2012, 01:23 PM
where is there a better fast food chicken sandwich niggas?

I think Church's southern style chicken are pretty good. Better than the McDonald ones imo.

TE
08-02-2012, 01:23 PM

I agree. PF changs is overrated. If rather eat the food in a Chinese buffet than have to overspend on average food.

cantthinkofanything
08-02-2012, 01:26 PM
I think Church's southern style chicken are pretty good. Better than the McDonald ones imo.

sure...but it's not better than CFA

the only chicken sandwich I might choose over CFA is the Whataburger one where they fry the shit out of three tenders, stick cheese and barbecue sauce on it, and put it on buttery Texas Toast. But at that point, it's not about the chicken.

mrsmaalox
08-02-2012, 01:33 PM
sure...but it's not better than CFA

the only chicken sandwich I might choose over CFA is the Whataburger one where they fry the shit out of three tenders, stick cheese and barbecue sauce on it, and put it on buttery Texas Toast. But at that point, it's not about the chicken.

I was gonna mention Whataburger earlier when I said I don't eat those breaded chicken sandwiches-----I once had one of their breakfast "honey butter chicken biscuit" and that thing was delish and absolutely SINFUL! Definitely wasn't about the chicken at all!

Drachen
08-02-2012, 01:34 PM
I think that it is amazing, I love CFA. I don't know what it is about those chicken sandwiches (especially the spicy ones) and waffle fries, even their parfaits are excellent.

That being said, sucks I won't eat there again.

cantthinkofanything
08-02-2012, 01:37 PM
I was gonna mention Whataburger earlier when I said I don't eat those breaded chicken sandwiches-----I once had one of their breakfast "honey butter chicken biscuit" and that thing was delish and absolutely SINFUL! Definitely wasn't about the chicken at all!

no doubt...that stuff is crazy good...plus you're eating chicken so it's healthy

cantthinkofanything
08-02-2012, 01:37 PM
I think that it is amazing, I love CFA. I don't know what it is about those chicken sandwiches (especially the spicy ones) and waffle fries, even their parfaits are excellent.

That being said, sucks I won't eat there again.

why you not gwana eat there no moe?

Cane
08-02-2012, 01:44 PM
Tbh not sure what people expect from a fast food chicken place but it's not bad, unless you're gay and/or butthurt. Their marriage comments were stupid to acknowledge but then I get cynical/lazy and think: if only the average customer feigned as much outrage about where all the lobbying $$$ goes...plenty of other Chick-Fil-A's out there if you follow the money, probably anyway :downspin:

Drachen
08-02-2012, 01:50 PM
why you not gwana eat there no moe?

I think you know why. It has already been laid out several times. I am not going to try to convert you so I don't think that there needs to be any more discussion on it (definitely not in the club).

cantthinkofanything
08-02-2012, 01:54 PM
I think you know why. It has already been laid out several times. I am not going to try to convert you so I don't think that there needs to be any more discussion on it (definitely not in the club).

no...I really don't know...it's why I asked

Drachen
08-02-2012, 01:56 PM
no...I really don't know...it's why I asked

ok, the answer to your question lies in the chick-fil-a thread in the political forum

cantthinkofanything
08-02-2012, 02:01 PM
ok, the answer to your question lies in the chick-fil-a thread in the political forum

11 pages. I don't give enough of a shit to read through all that.
If you don't want to tell me than that's fine. I thought it might be about their stance on gays but your first post mentioned something about serving pork so I'm slightly curious but not enough to read through the bs on the political forum. I was just thinking you could tell me.

Spurminator
08-02-2012, 02:03 PM
wtf? The regular combo (chicken sandwich, fries, and drink) is around $7, maybe less. What fast food meal (not value menu) is cheaper?

Cheaper than $7? Pretty much every combo meal at KFC, Taco Bell, Jack in the Box, McDonalds, Arby's, In and Out, Wendy's, Taco Bueno... Hell, you can get 2 entrees, rice and a drink at Panda Express for about that much, if I remember correctly.

cantthinkofanything
08-02-2012, 02:05 PM
Cheaper than $7? Hell, you can get 2 entrees, rice and a drink at Panda Express for about that much, if I remember correctly.

bullshit

Drachen
08-02-2012, 02:09 PM
11 pages. I don't give enough of a shit to read through all that.
If you don't want to tell me than that's fine. I thought it might be about their stance on gays but your first post mentioned something about serving pork so I'm slightly curious but not enough to read through the bs on the political forum. I was just thinking you could tell me.

Ok, NP.

PM5K
08-02-2012, 02:37 PM
I guess I just expected it to be better than anywhere else because they're always so busy.

I don't know if McDonald's still makes it but they used to make a chicken sandwich that was chicken, a bun, and I think a couple of pickle slices, and it was pretty damn good, definitely better than what I got from CFA.

I think it's the "Southern Style Crispy Chicken Sandwich"

The Waffle fries are good, but not better than really fresh McDonald's fries. I also like Jack In The Box seasoned curly fries better, and the shoe string fries from Freddy's too.

Whataburger could make their fries out of dirt and I'd still like them better because of the ketchup.

cantthinkofanything
08-02-2012, 02:59 PM
I guess I just expected it to be better than anywhere else because they're always so busy.

I don't know if McDonald's still makes it but they used to make a chicken sandwich that was chicken, a bun, and I think a couple of pickle slices, and it was pretty damn good, definitely better than what I got from CFA.

I think it's the "Southern Style Crispy Chicken Sandwich"

The Waffle fries are good, but not better than really fresh McDonald's fries. I also like Jack In The Box seasoned curly fries better, and the shoe string fries from Freddy's too.

Whataburger could make their fries out of dirt and I'd still like them better because of the ketchup.

most of that is wrong...you're a dumbass

DisAsTerBot
08-02-2012, 03:06 PM
lol, can't give up a chicken sandwich. Pathetic.

cantthinkofanything
08-02-2012, 03:08 PM
lol, can't give up a chicken sandwich. Pathetic.

what is this in reference to?

CubanSucks
08-02-2012, 03:08 PM
Cheaper than $7? Pretty much every combo meal at KFC

bullshit

Taco Bell

I like decent food, meaning more than just a couple half filled tacos and a pathetic little bag of chips that you'd normally buy in bulk

Jack in the Box

bullshit again, I get the simplest meal they have and it's definitely $7 and change

McDonalds

true, except I like my order right the first time they give it to me

Arby's

:lmao Seriously, the most expensive fucking place on earth! Their "value" menu is even retarded. I do love them though

In and Out

Never seen one in my life

Wendy's

same as Jack in the box

Taco Bueno

never been

Clipper Nation
08-02-2012, 03:12 PM
Redneck bible-thumpers enjoy the deep-fried bigotry..... it gives them an excuse to oppress others and whine about their first amendment rights at the same time....

cantthinkofanything
08-02-2012, 03:15 PM
Redneck bible-thumpers enjoy the deep-fried bigotry..... it gives them an excuse to oppress others and whine about their first amendment rights at the same time....

lol...outrageous

CubanSucks
08-02-2012, 03:22 PM

I want gay marriage legalized and I love Chick fil a. Assuming this lame attempt at a boycott works, it's not going to change a thing. Just a hilarious example of liberal rage. Pick a different self-righteous cause because you sound like an adolescent rebelling against dad

Clipper Nation
08-02-2012, 03:24 PM
Just a hilarious example of liberal rage.
I'm actually a libertarian who wants government out of the "moral police" business entirely.... swing and a miss, B.....

cantthinkofanything
08-02-2012, 03:26 PM
I want gay marriage legalized and I love Chick fil a. Assuming this lame attempt at a boycott works, it's not going to change a thing. Just a hilarious example of liberal rage. Pick a different self-righteous cause because you sound like an adolescent rebelling against dad

right...but if I had to choose between eating Chick-Fil-A and approving gay marriage, I'd rather have the chicken sandwich

Spurminator
08-02-2012, 03:32 PM
Just a hilarious example of liberal rage.

I mean, I guess you can think NOT going to a fast food place is hilarious, but liberals weren't the ones lined up outside in 108 degree heat to get a chicken sandwich because Mike Huckabee told them too. On a scale of patheticness, that's quite a bit higher, IMO.

Trainwreck2100
08-02-2012, 03:32 PM

den how do you explain all the black people at the chick fil A i seen the last 2 times i been there?

cantthinkofanything
08-02-2012, 03:33 PM
den how do you explain all the black people at the chick fil A i seen the last 2 times i been there?

I never see the brothers at CFA

Clipper Nation
08-02-2012, 03:37 PM
Black people can be rednecks too, just ask Karl Malone... :lol

Dark Gable
08-02-2012, 03:37 PM

bullshit

LnGrrrR
08-02-2012, 03:38 PM
Not talking about what's been going on lately, but I went there a couple months back because I always see lines there, and honestly the food was good but not great, nothing I'd wait in a line for.

So what's so great about Chick-Fil-A?

They make good chicken sandwiches and nuggets. I'm a fan.

Trainwreck2100
08-02-2012, 03:39 PM

i was at a chick fil a at a predominantly "nightlike" part of town.

LnGrrrR
08-02-2012, 03:40 PM

The PF Changs here in downtown Honolulu is pretty good. Their calamari is awesome.

cantthinkofanything
08-02-2012, 03:45 PM
The PF Changs here in downtown Honolulu is pretty good. Their calamari is awesome.

oh...yeah...the one in Honolulu is great. I was talking about the other ones.

CubanSucks
08-02-2012, 03:48 PM
I'm actually a libertarian who wants government out of the "moral police" business entirely.... swing and a miss, B.....

same here. And as a libertarian I love taking advantage of the free market and its delicious goods even though the owner of one place I like has a different opinion than me

I mean, I guess you can think NOT going to a fast food place is hilarious, but liberals weren't the ones lined up outside in 108 degree heat to get a chicken sandwich because Mike Huckabee told them too. On a scale of patheticness, that's quite a bit higher, IMO.

It's not just that they're NOT going to it, it's that they want to be so outspoken about it because of ONE mans opinion! As for the people waiting in the 108 degree heat, they weren't the ones who reacted first. I agree that it was an overreaction to the first overreaction, but I also believe that plenty of them were there to send a message to assholes like the mayors of San Fran, Chicago, and Boston

where the whites go for chicken tbh

Trainwreck2100
08-02-2012, 03:48 PM
if i eat calimari i die, true story

man on wire
08-02-2012, 03:51 PM
if i eat calimari i die, true story

I'm frying up some now. Come on over.

cantthinkofanything
08-02-2012, 03:52 PM
I'm frying up some now. Come on over.

uhh...you know that calamari is bull testicles?

man on wire
08-02-2012, 03:55 PM

Uhh...no you dipshit..it is fried squid.

cantthinkofanything
08-02-2012, 04:02 PM
Uhh...no you dipshit..it is fried squid.

lol at the proletariat
just refused some the other day

Spurtacus
08-02-2012, 07:07 PM
Dick-Fill-in the A is so overrated. If I want a chicken sandwich with a couple of pickles on it I'll make it at home.

ALVAREZ6
08-02-2012, 07:38 PM
Probably their chicken is quite tasty and their waffles fries are the shit.

CubanSucks
08-02-2012, 08:20 PM
Dick-Fill-in the A is so overrated. If I want a chicken sandwich with a couple of pickles on it I'll make it at home.

You could say that about any fast food place. I seriously doubt you can find chicken that tastes like theres at the grocery store and I know you can't make it yourself.

"___________ is so overrated. If I want _________ I'll make it at home."

fill in the blanks with Burger King or McDonalds or Taco Bell and hamburgers or tacos

Drachen
08-02-2012, 08:41 PM
You could say that about any fast food place. I seriously doubt you can find chicken that tastes like theres at the grocery store and I know you can't make it yourself.

fill in the blanks with Burger King or McDonalds or Taco Bell and hamburgers or tacos

Ok, bad examples that you used, but I get your point...

I will just lay this down right here:
http://www.topsecretrecipes.com/Chick-fil-A-Chicken-Sandwich-Recipe.html

Spurtacus
08-02-2012, 11:18 PM

Your right but at least I get more than pickles at Burger King, Taco Bell or Subway. Tasty, sure, but still overrated.

blkroadrunners
08-02-2012, 11:49 PM
I liked their spicy chicken sandwich... the waffle fries are good, and the lemonade is excellent. Kind of pricey for fast food though.

They're average, but they don't have much of a dollar menu. Sonic is a lot worse though, tbh.

blkroadrunners
08-03-2012, 12:03 AM
Your right but at least I get more than pickles at Burger King, Taco Bell or Subway. Tasty, sure, but still overrated.

It's good food, but personally I don't feel like waiting 5+ car length just for a combo meal.

Wild Cobra
08-03-2012, 06:33 AM
lol...

No it's not.

Calamari is fried squid.

Bull or calf testicles are knows as Rockey Mountain Oysters, Calf Fries, Cowboy Caviar, Montana Tendergroins, Dusted Nuts, Bull Fries, Swinging Beef, and Prairie Oysters.

cantthinkofanything
08-03-2012, 10:02 AM
lol...

No it's not.

Calamari is fried squid.

Bull or calf testicles are knows as Rockey Mountain Oysters, Calf Fries, Cowboy Caviar, Montana Tendergroins, Dusted Nuts, Bull Fries, Swinging Beef, and Prairie Oysters.

it depends on what part of the country you live. There's a great little hole in the wall Italian place in Ft. Worth that actually fries the calamari. Yep...shredded, battered, and fried bull testicles.

lebomb
08-03-2012, 10:18 AM
lol...

No it's not.

Calamari is fried squid.

Or just plain ol FRIED NUTSACK

Dex
08-03-2012, 12:19 PM
I had a dream last night that I went to Chik-Fil-A, and that they only had 4-piece nuggets available. They said if you wanted an 8-piece, you had to buy two 4-pieces (well at least math still works in my dreams). They also offered me a beer, and my bill ended up coming out to $32.

It's probably just because Chik-Fil-A has been in the news so much, since I haven't been in probably a year or two....but still, dreams are fuckin' weird.

Cool story, I know.

El Chorizo
08-03-2012, 04:59 PM
I like the breakfast chicken biscuits.