PDA

View Full Version : Front loading washer/dryer

Amarelooms
08-01-2012, 10:19 PM
Thinking about upgrading since bought a new house. Need a washer that uses less water...mainly due to plubming issues in new house. Which type/brand ya'll have? Looking to spend no more that $800 for each.

:elephant

Drachen
08-01-2012, 10:24 PM
Kenmore for both. Wait until the have their big Kenmore sales. They usually have one once every two months or so. Something like 25 percent off or something crazy.

Latarian Milton
08-01-2012, 10:58 PM
whatever brand you buy, before you pay for it you better examine it thoroughly from inside out and make sure it doesn't carry no such label that reads "made in china"

VBM
08-01-2012, 11:01 PM
Lg.

bus driver
08-02-2012, 09:38 AM
electrolux (http://www.electroluxappliances.com/laundry-appliances/washers)

but our service man said they require alot of cleaning (front load washers). he recommended that i run a cycle with vinegar and water in the cleaning cycle to prevent mold.

cantthinkofanything
08-02-2012, 10:16 AM
Lg.

x2

The Gemini Method
08-02-2012, 10:18 AM
Whatever you do or whatever brand you buy...do not buy a front-loading ELECTRIC set. Those things are weak as fuck and they don't dry very well. Stick with the gas powered ones and decimate those fossil fuels even more!

leemajors
08-02-2012, 10:19 AM
Kenmore for both. Wait until the have their big Kenmore sales. They usually have one once every two months or so. Something like 25 percent off or something crazy.

I bought my last lawnmower at Sears, and I love it, but it took 45 minutes to find someone to let me buy it, ring it up, and finally leave. There were 10 customers in the entire store. It was ridiculous.

leemajors
08-02-2012, 10:20 AM

but our service man said they require alot of cleaning (front load washers). he recommended that i run a cycle with vinegar and water in the cleaning cycle to prevent mold.

Vinegar in the wash acts like fabric softener, not a bad idea to just put it in every load anyway.

cantthinkofanything
08-02-2012, 10:25 AM

you have to do the same thing with women

The Gemini Method
08-02-2012, 10:25 AM

Sometimes twice a month...

cantthinkofanything
08-02-2012, 10:33 AM

well, I think it depends on if it's front load or back load

The Gemini Method
08-02-2012, 10:38 AM

:lol

In that case, you may need to add a little bleach to brighten things after overusage. Probably go with a fragrant one for added back load freshness.

bus driver
08-02-2012, 10:40 AM

:lol

In that case, you may need to add a little bleach to brighten things after overusage. Probably go with a fragrant one for added back load freshness.

:lmao

cantthinkofanything
08-02-2012, 11:05 AM
/thread

:clap :chestbump

mrsmaalox
08-02-2012, 12:00 PM
I have the Samsung set; no special cleaning chemicals required, just prop it open after finishing up your loads and it dries out nicely with no musty smell :)

cantthinkofanything
08-02-2012, 12:47 PM
I have the Samsung set; no special cleaning chemicals required, just prop it open after finishing up your loads and it dries out nicely with no musty smell :)

:downspin:

The Gemini Method
08-02-2012, 12:57 PM

Hate it when the front load has that musty smell...

Wild Cobra Kai
08-02-2012, 10:09 PM

That's exactly what I do with my Whirlpool Sport Duet set. Never had even a hint of funkiness, and I'm going on like 3-4 years.

Drachen
08-02-2012, 10:11 PM
Vinegar in the wash acts like fabric softener, not a bad idea to just put it in every load anyway.

We just started doing this about a month ago... works like a charm.

mrsmaalox
08-03-2012, 10:49 AM
We just started doing this about a month ago... works like a charm.

Do you all smell like salad all the time?

Salad Tosser
08-03-2012, 11:02 AM
Do you all smell like salad all the time?