PDA

View Full Version : another organization to protest?

Viva Las Espuelas
08-02-2012, 12:50 PM
Possibly. Maybe.

http://www.pbs.org/parents/martha/sponsors/index.html

Just wondering.

Oh, and... http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/08/01/chick-fil-not-alone-in-touting-religion-alongside-products/#ixzz22MfwyODj

I frankly think the protesting is stupid. Just wondering if people will follow through their convictions.
:corn:

leemajors
08-02-2012, 12:56 PM
Riaa

JoeChalupa
08-02-2012, 12:57 PM
Protesting sometimes gets things done.

Viva Las Espuelas
08-02-2012, 01:03 PM
Protesting sometimes gets things done.

Im speaking of worthwhile protesting.

Viva Las Espuelas
08-02-2012, 01:08 PM
Riaa

:lol I hear ya but I ask this in respect to the stupidity being done towards Chick-fil-a

mrsmaalox
08-02-2012, 01:10 PM
So if you don't agree with a protest, it's not worthwhile?

JoeChalupa
08-02-2012, 01:14 PM
Im speaking of worthwhile protesting.

If it gets things done/changed it is worthwhile to the protesters.

JoeChalupa
08-02-2012, 01:15 PM

That was my thought.

Viva Las Espuelas
08-02-2012, 01:16 PM

Nope.

Viva Las Espuelas
08-02-2012, 01:17 PM
That was my thought.

Wrong, too

Clipper Nation
08-02-2012, 02:35 PM
P
Oh, and... http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/08/01/chick-fil-not-alone-in-touting-religion-alongside-products/#ixzz22MfwyODj
Typical Faux News shit, equating normal religious expression that doesn't infringe on anyone's life, liberty or property to Chik-fil-A's widespread funding and outspoken support of legalized bigotry.... this just gives asshole fundamentalist Christians another excuse to play the victims and pretend like their rights are being infringed, even though they're the ones with the power....

Viva Las Espuelas
08-02-2012, 02:37 PM
Typical Fox News shit, equating normal religious expression that doesn't infringe on anyone's life, liberty or property to Chik-fil-A's widespread funding and outspoken support of legalized bigotry....

So you think they have different views than chick-fil-a?

Viva Las Espuelas
08-02-2012, 02:39 PM
And how do you feel about pbs funding them?

Drachen
08-02-2012, 02:40 PM
There is nothing in the articles that you posted to equate those companies to the reasons that chick-fil-a is being protested.

Drachen
08-02-2012, 02:41 PM
And how do you feel about pbs funding them?

LOL, even more proof that you don't know what you are talking about... PBS isn't funding anyone.

ChumpDumper
08-02-2012, 02:50 PM
And how do you feel about pbs funding them?Chick-Fil-A is made possible through the generous support of the PBS children's show Martha Speaks and Fox News viewers like you.

Clipper Nation
08-02-2012, 02:55 PM
So you think they have different views than chick-fil-a?
Who knows? If it comes out that they're funding lobbying in favor of gay marriage bans at home and "Kill the Gays" legislation abroad like Chik-fil-A does, they're equally worthy of scorn and backlash, tbh....

However, merely hiring a chaplain or choosing to not open on Sundays isn't anywhere near equivalent to funding legalized oppression.... it's a red herring meant to make the Christian majority feel oppressed and obscure the real reason for the crowds at Chik-fil-A: pure homophobia....

Viva Las Espuelas
08-02-2012, 03:00 PM
LOL, even more proof that you don't know what you are talking about... PBS isn't funding anyone.

Maybe not directly but on their website and tv commercials they are

Don't know what i'm talking about :lol

Viva Las Espuelas
08-02-2012, 03:01 PM
Chick-Fil-A is made possible through the generous support of the PBS children's show Martha Speaks and Fox News viewers like you.

I don't watch any of those programs. Nice "try" though.

mrsmaalox
08-02-2012, 03:02 PM
"PBS KIDS and MARTHA SPEAKS would like to acknowledge our corporate sponsors, whose valued support of our mission makes it possible to empower, educate and inspire children in shcool and in life."

CFA is one of their corporate sponsors, not the other way around.

Viva Las Espuelas
08-02-2012, 03:03 PM
"PBS KIDS and MARTHA SPEAKS would like to acknowledge our corporate sponsors, whose valued support of our mission makes it possible to empower, educate and inspire children in shcool and in life."

CFA is one of their corporate sponsors, not the other way around.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6055478&postcount=18

Spurminator
08-02-2012, 03:04 PM
Unsurprisingly, not a single mention in that Fox News article about CFA's donations to anti-gay groups, which is where this whole controversy started. That's what people were protesting, and that's why Cathy was asked about his feelings on traditional marriage in the first place.

Don't you think that's an important part of the story that should be at least acknowledged if you're going to compare them with other companies that have faith-based initiatives? Maybe a little? Why would Fox News leave that out? It's as thought they're trying to guide their readers' opinions on the issue in some way. How strange.

ChumpDumper
08-02-2012, 03:05 PM
I don't watch any of those programs. Nice "try" though.It wasn't directed at you per se. It was a PBS style segment incorporating your ridiculous "logic."

Nice complete failure on your part tbh.

Viva Las Espuelas
08-02-2012, 03:13 PM
Who knows? If it comes out that they're funding lobbying in favor of gay marriage bans at home and "Kill the Gays" legislation abroad like Chik-fil-A does, they're equally worthy of scorn and backlash, tbh....

However, merely hiring a chaplain or choosing to not open on Sundays isn't anywhere near equivalent to funding legalized oppression.... it's a red herring meant to make the Christian majority feel oppressed and obscure the real reason for the crowds at Chik-fil-A: pure homophobia....

So you think everyone that ate at cfa hates homosexuals? That they want to "kill them gays"?

Viva Las Espuelas
08-02-2012, 03:17 PM
Unsurprisingly, not a single mention in that Fox News article about CFA's donations to anti-gay groups, which is where this whole controversy started. That's what people were protesting, and that's why Cathy was asked about his feelings on traditional marriage in the first place.

Don't you think that's an important part of the story that should be at least acknowledged if you're going to compare them with other companies that have faith-based initiatives? Maybe a little? Why would Fox News leave that out? It's as thought they're trying to guide their readers' opinions on the issue in some way. How strange.

Does that really matter? Hasn't it been reported ad naseum now. The title of the article is "Chick-fil-A not alone in touting religion alongside products".

cantthinkofanything
08-02-2012, 03:20 PM
who gives a fuck. all these people boycotting CFA because they hate gays? if someone is going to take a stand based on the ethics or beliefs of a corporation, they better be prepared to quit buying gas, electronics, packaged food, etc.

Clipper Nation
08-02-2012, 03:23 PM
So you think everyone that ate at cfa hates homosexuals? That they want to "kill them gays"?
Wasn't "support of traditional marriage" (transparent coded language for "ban gay marriage") billed as the biggest reason why most of the people were there?

And even then, regardless of the reason, any Chik-fil-A customer's money could be going to groups that tirelessly work to "oppress them gays"....

Viva Las Espuelas
08-02-2012, 03:23 PM
It wasn't directed at you per se.

Chick-Fil-A is made possible through the generous support of the PBS children's show Martha Speaks and Fox News viewers like you.

Per se :lol
I didn't know adding words to something and italicizing it wasn't directed towards me, per se
Whatever makes you happy chump :lol

Viva Las Espuelas
08-02-2012, 03:25 PM
Wasn't "support of traditional marriage" (transparent coded language for "ban gay marriage") billed as the biggest reason why most of the people were there?

And even then, regardless of the reason, any Chik-fil-A customer's money could be going to groups that tirelessly work to "oppress them gays"....

Ah ok. So now you'll cancel your pbs membership?

Clipper Nation
08-02-2012, 03:32 PM
Ah ok. So now you'll cancel your pbs membership?
I can honestly say I've never watched PBS in my life, and I don't plan on starting anytime soon, tbh.....

ChumpDumper
08-02-2012, 03:37 PM
Per se :lol
I didn't know adding words to something and italicizing it wasn't directed towards me, per se
Whatever makes you happy chump :loltowards me :lol

I didn't know your ego couldn't allow for even the possibility that a parody statement was merely a parody statement.

Whatever makes you fap at the thought of yourself. :lol

ChumpDumper
08-02-2012, 03:40 PM
Ah ok. So now you'll cancel your pbs membership?Were it that important, I believe one would give PBS more than zero days to review their relationship with one underwriter for one show.

mrsmaalox
08-02-2012, 03:42 PM
LOL so you think maybe all the traditional marriage, First Amendment supporters who lined up to support Chik-Fil-A yesterday will be equally as willing to give up some of their hard earned $$ to show support for PBS now? :lmao

ChumpDumper
08-02-2012, 03:45 PM
LOL so you think maybe all the traditional marriage, First Amendment supporters who lined up to support Chik-Fil-A yesterday will be equally as willing to give up some of their hard earned $$ to PBS now? :lmaoIt's "DVR Martha Speaks" day!*

*NOTE: Italicized passage not directed at mrsmaalox per se

Viva Las Espuelas
08-02-2012, 06:45 PM
LOL so you think maybe all the traditional marriage, First Amendment supporters who lined up to support Chik-Fil-A yesterday will be equally as willing to give up some of their hard earned $$ to show support for PBS now? :lmao
umm, i don't know. frankly, i could give two shits if they did or didn't. i wasn't asking that or even alluding to it.

mrsmaalox
08-02-2012, 07:37 PM
It wasn't a question directed to you, just wondering out loud ;)

leemajors
08-02-2012, 08:09 PM
who gives a fuck. all these people boycotting CFA because they hate gays? if someone is going to take a stand based on the ethics or beliefs of a corporation, they better be prepared to quit buying gas, electronics, packaged food, etc.

anyone that uses computers is indebted to a gay man:

Turing's homosexuality resulted in a criminal prosecution in 1952, when homosexual acts were still illegal in the United Kingdom. He accepted treatment with female hormones (chemical castration) as an alternative to prison. Turing died in 1954, just over two weeks before his 42nd birthday, from cyanide poisoning. An inquest determined that his death was suicide; his mother and some others believed his death was accidental. On 10 September 2009, following an Internet campaign, British Prime Minister Gordon Brown made an official public apology on behalf of the British government for "the appalling way he was treated". As of May 2012 a private member's bill was before the House of Lords which would grant Turing a statutory pardon if enacted.

FuzzyLumpkins
08-02-2012, 09:24 PM

I don't watch any of those programs. Nice "try" though.

You go to their website for news. So you just browse their site while you watch sitcoms?

Viva Las Espuelas
08-03-2012, 08:13 AM
It wasn't a question directed to you, just wondering out loud ;)

Gotcha, chump :tu

Viva Las Espuelas
08-07-2012, 02:42 PM

Mmmhmm. Support their favorite nba team.....
http://outsports.com/jocktalkblog/2012/06/12/2-oklahoma-city-thunder-owners-gave-1-5-million-to-fight-gay-marriage/