PDA

View Full Version : Truehoop: Why Kobe and Nash will be a great duo

LkrFan
08-03-2012, 01:54 AM
NASH PASSES, TEAMMATES MAKE SHOTS
Nash passed the ball on 62 percent of his pick-and-roll plays last season and his teammates shot 51 percent on those passes. He passed the ball on 54 percent of his isolation plays last season and his teammates shot 51 percent on those passes.

Nash passed the ball to spot-up shooters 389 times on pick-and-roll plays last season, the most such passes in the league.

KOBE MAKES OPEN SHOTS

Of the 337 players with at least 15 unguarded catch-and-shoot jumpers last season, nobody was left open less often than Kobe. Only 35.2 percent of his catch-and-shoot jumpers were unguarded.

When Kobe was left open, he shot 51.3 percent, which ranked 11th of the 113 players with at least 75 unguarded catch-and-shoot jumpers last season. It was the highest such percentage of the nine Lakers players with at least 20 attempts last season.

LINK (http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/47333/why-kobe-and-nash-will-make-a-great-duo)

N:lolA = F:lolcked

irishock
08-03-2012, 03:39 AM
Spurs in 7.

DAF86
08-03-2012, 05:41 AM
Nash will make Kobe better, Kobe will make Nash worse. These are the things we know.

racm
08-03-2012, 08:19 AM
Son how many rings has Bean won without the Triangke or Fisher?

lefty
08-03-2012, 08:20 AM
Lol at those 2 sharing the ball :lol

L:lolkers = f:lolck:lold

LkrFan
08-03-2012, 09:12 AM
Son how many rings has Bean won without the Triangke or Fisher?

As many as Duncan won after the Lakers' Spanish Acquisition. ;)

Sportcamper
08-03-2012, 10:06 AM
Lakers' Spanish Acquisition. ;)

That was clever...:lol

Latarian Milton
08-03-2012, 10:09 AM
welcome to 2005 dude

scoring champ + regular season MVP = NBA F:lolCKED

Ace
08-03-2012, 01:18 PM
Lakers still have no shot at beating Miami and 40yr old Nash helps but seriously :lol

Stabula
08-03-2012, 01:23 PM
The Spurs and OKC are still the teams to beat in the West. Mummified Nash will only go so far. In his last game as a Sun he got burned by third - fourth string point guard Patty Mills.

Lincoln
08-03-2012, 03:31 PM
crofl spurs ain't doing shit as long as they're playing that shit defense and relying on a choking TP. Duncan is too fuckin old and Manu disappears way too often. Keep living in hopes of a point guard led offense winning it all :lol

whitemamba
08-03-2012, 03:55 PM
spurs are done tbh, maybe a 5 or 6th seed next year

LkrFan
08-03-2012, 04:26 PM
Lakers still have no shot at beating Miami and 40yr old Nash helps but seriously :lol

We'll see Ace. We'll see. :toast

LkrFan
08-03-2012, 04:28 PM
The Spurs and OKC are still the teams to beat in the West. Mummified Nash will only go so far. In his last game as a Sun he got burned by third - fourth string point guard Patty Mills.

Mummified Nash lead the league in total assists last year with Gortat, Hill, and Dudley as his best teammates. Just think what he'll do with Kobe, Gasol, and Bynum.

TIMMYtoZO
08-03-2012, 04:46 PM
The Lakers didn't really improve. They got older and slower. They have spent over a month trying to get Howard, and nothing has or will happen. It is a shame they didn't get that scrub CJ Miles or that washed up piece of shit Grant Hill.

DAF86
08-03-2012, 04:49 PM
welcome to 2005 dude

scoring champ + regular season MVP = NBA F:lolCKED

1 time MVP Kobe paring with 2 times MVP Nash :rollin

LkrFan
08-03-2012, 05:43 PM
The Lakers didn't really improve. They got older and slower. They have spent over a month trying to get Howard, and nothing has or will happen. It is a shame they didn't get that scrub CJ Miles or that washed up piece of shit Grant Hill.

The Heat didn't really improve either. 43 year old Ray Allen and Retard Lewis are shooters. What about your inside game? The 4-corners give LBJ or Wade the ball offense isn't all that. Your shooters got hot at the right time and the rest was history. I was hardly impressed with the Heat being a team that hadn't ever been to the Finals before.

That being said, the Lakers have filled a few major holes in their armor and are expected to be improved this year:

1) Nash. Sure, no one will mistake him for being a lock-down defender. However, the days of opposing PGs "taking the night off defensively" against the Lakers are over. Midrange game, 3pt game, and passing game for Nash is still deadly. Go double/triple Kobe, Gasol, or Bynum at your own risk.

2) Backup bigs. Out: McB:lolb and M:lolrphy. In: Jamison and Hill. Jamison will provide us with similar versatility that LO used to. He can hit the 3, nice midrange game, and he has soft hands which makes him a good finisher around the hoop. Hill is a hustling big that can rebound and swat on occasion. We have the best bigman rotation in the league. Nash will only enhance that.

3) Nash's effect on Kobe. Have you guys been watching the Olympics. CP3 is ball dominant just like Nash. How has Kobe looked next to CP3? Here's a hint: really good. He will be able to play the same way with Nash making life so much easier. Kobe won't have to work as hard for his shots. Kobe will see less double teams - or Nash will find an open Bynum or Gasol for an uncontested dunk. Kobe has never played with a player like Nash and he still won 5 rangs. Nash will extend Kobe's elite shelf life.

4) Bynum's expected improvement. He finally broke out last year. 18/11/2 with the likes of Fisher and Sessions manning the PG. I'm expecting another breakout season for him. He has soft hands and is an ambidextrous finisher. Nash will get some of the easiest assists he ever had playing with Bynum. He's also going to Germany to get the Kobe treatment on his knee. 22/13/3 on 60% is not out of the realm of possibilities for Bynum playing with Nash.

The only thing left for the Lakers now is a knockdown shooter. That will complete the Lakers. The roster is still a work in progress. But even with no more changes, I like the Lakers in 6 over Miami right now.

LkrFan
08-03-2012, 05:53 PM
That was clever...:lol

:lol

Jodelo
08-03-2012, 06:57 PM
I have seen this movie before with LkrFag and others going nuts after the Lakers got the savior. :lmao

Same scenarios, dreams and whatever, we all know how this ended! :lol

LkrFan
08-03-2012, 07:00 PM
I have seen this movie before with LkrFag and others going nuts after the Lakers got the savior. :lmao

Same scenarios, dreams and whatever, we all know how this ended! :lol

Don't be a hypocritic fag Jo. Cubes wanted Nash back and he gave y'all the Heisman on his way to LA.

Unlike Sessions, he's a bonafied HOFer. Unlike Sessions, it won't be his first playoffs. Unlike Sessions, he won't shit the bed at the sight of Westbroke. We'll be there. :toast

Ace
08-03-2012, 08:44 PM
The Heat didn't really improve either. 43 year old Ray Allen and Retard Lewis are shooters. What about your inside game? The 4-corners give LBJ or Wade the ball offense isn't all that. Your shooters got hot at the right time and the rest was history. I was hardly impressed with the Heat being a team that hadn't ever been to the Finals before.

That being said, the Lakers have filled a few major holes in their armor and are expected to be improved this year:

1) Nash. Sure, no one will mistake him for being a lock-down defender. However, the days of opposing PGs "taking the night off defensively" against the Lakers are over. Midrange game, 3pt game, and passing game for Nash is still deadly. Go double/triple Kobe, Gasol, or Bynum at your own risk.

2) Backup bigs. Out: McB:lolb and M:lolrphy. In: Jamison and Hill. Jamison will provide us with similar versatility that LO used to. He can hit the 3, nice midrange game, and he has soft hands which makes him a good finisher around the hoop. Hill is a hustling big that can rebound and swat on occasion. We have the best bigman rotation in the league. Nash will only enhance that.

3) Nash's effect on Kobe. Have you guys been watching the Olympics. CP3 is ball dominant just like Nash. How has Kobe looked next to CP3? Here's a hint: really good. He will be able to play the same way with Nash making life so much easier. Kobe won't have to work as hard for his shots. Kobe will see less double teams - or Nash will find an open Bynum or Gasol for an uncontested dunk. Kobe has never played with a player like Nash and he still won 5 rangs. Nash will extend Kobe's elite shelf life.

4) Bynum's expected improvement. He finally broke out last year. 18/11/2 with the likes of Fisher and Sessions manning the PG. I'm expecting another breakout season for him. He has soft hands and is an ambidextrous finisher. Nash will get some of the easiest assists he ever had playing with Bynum. He's also going to Germany to get the Kobe treatment on his knee. 22/13/3 on 60% is not out of the realm of possibilities for Bynum playing with Nash.

The only thing left for the Lakers now is a knockdown shooter. That will complete the Lakers. The roster is still a work in progress. But even with no more changes, I like the Lakers in 6 over Miami right now.

You got all hyped like this last year too, Lakers have no shot at the finals and definitely won't beat Miami. Miami won the title last year and added Allen (who is still younger than Nash:lol) which shot 45% from three last year. Deeper into the playoffs the Lakers go, the more that horrid perimeter defense will show. Miami and OKC will expose that easily, while bringing plenty of defenders to throw at Nash and co. Miami showed they are the best defensive team in NBA without size.

LkrFan
08-03-2012, 08:59 PM
You got all hyped like this last year too, Lakers have no shot at the finals and definitely won't beat Miami. Miami won the title last year and added Allen (who is still younger than Nash:lol) which shot 45% from three last year. Deeper into the playoffs the Lakers go, the more that horrid perimeter defense will show. Miami and OKC will expose that easily, while bringing plenty of defenders to throw at Nash and co. Miami showed they are the best defensive team in NBA without size.

Multiple posts in this threads shows me you feel threatened by the Lakers tbh. :nope

whitemamba
08-03-2012, 09:03 PM
Multiple posts in this threads shows me you feel threatened by the Lakers tbh. :nope

truf

Ace
08-03-2012, 09:18 PM

Nope, just love crushing the little hope you have. :toast

LkrFan
08-03-2012, 09:29 PM

Huh? Damn near every year I believe the Lakers have a legitimate shot to win it all. :lol

HarlemHeat37
08-03-2012, 09:59 PM
Lakers have improved, they are the 2nd best team in the West..even as just a spot-up shooter and secondary playmaker, Nash is a massive improvement over Sessions and Steve Blake..

This is a team that was 2 Kobe chokejobs away from making the WCF and having a favorable matchup, tbh..

The negatives will be that the Lakers coaching staff will limit Nash's potential with their offense, they still lack proven perimeter shooting outside of Nash, and Kobe is still going to be Kobe..

I wouldn't sleep on them, though..

LkrFan
08-03-2012, 10:13 PM
Good take HH (other than the Kobe jab :lol). But I've watched the Olympic games a little bit. Kobe seems to be enjoying himself playing off the ball and was content with LBJ or CP3 running the show. He was freed to do his thang: score. I believe it will be the same with Nash. Without Kobe having to do all of the heavy lifting it will preserve Kobe's energy all season long - which will have him fresh in the playoffs.

Despite what Ace is saying, I am extremely optimistic about the Lakers' chances this year. Bynum will love Nash. All too often, he would establish great, deep position - only to be ignored - or the ball is given to him too late. The Nash addition can't be understated IMO. We have arguably 3 top-3 passers in the starting lineup (for their respective positions) in Nash, Kobe, and Pau. Rumors have it that EJ is bringing that old Sacramento Kings offense to LA. The passing will be a beautiful thing to watch and believe it or not the Lakers will score in early offense (AKA fastbreaks) much more than the last few years. This will translate to more easy buckets - which were too few for my tastes last year. That changes this year. The Lakers should be a top 5 offense now. Their defense should be top 10 (despite Nash in the lineup) which will enough to win a ton of games and have HCA.

People can talk all they want about how the Lakers will matchup with OKC and the Spurs. I want to how they matchup with the Lakers tbh. Mark it down: Nash will turn Bynum into a monster - and the Nash/Pau PNR will be deadly. This will allow Kobe to freelance and do his thang. I can't wait for the season to start.

HarlemHeat37
08-03-2012, 10:16 PM
Gasol will benefit more than Bynum or Kobe IMO..

Nash's biggest impact will be running the offense with Gasol, while Kobe and Bynum are resting IMO..

Bynum and Kobe will continue to be #1 and #2 when they're on the floor IMO..

lakerhaterade
08-03-2012, 10:18 PM
Mark it down: Nash will turn Bynum into a monster - and the Nash/Pau PNR will be deadly. This will allow Kobe to freelance and do his thang. I can't wait for the season to start.

We will remember, and we will bump this thread when the Lakers exit out in the first or second round.

LkrFan
08-03-2012, 10:35 PM
Gasol will benefit more than Bynum or Kobe IMO..

Nash's biggest impact will be running the offense with Gasol, while Kobe and Bynum are resting IMO..

Bynum and Kobe will continue to be #1 and #2 when they're on the floor IMO..

Agreed to an extent. Pau is clearly not the 2009 Pau, but I believe Nash will revive his game. Where I disagree with you is concerning Bynum. Bynum will also greatly benefit. Nash turned Gortat into a decent player. You don't think Bynum (whose way more talented than Gortat) won't benefit playing with him? If so, you gotta be trolling me. :lol

Your second point speaks to the flexibility the Lakers will have. When Bynum gets into foul trouble I like a Pau/Jamison lineup with Nash running the show. I don't see us blowing many leads with that frontcourt. In the Princeton offense Pau will play the Chris Webber role with the offense running through him. He's a great passer that will get others many open looks.

Bynum and Kobe as 1-2 punch is a good thing, if you're a Laker fan like me. :toast

Koolaid_Man
08-03-2012, 10:37 PM

:lol I have a friend named Lauren Perdue I want to introduce you to...

you down

Koolaid_Man
08-03-2012, 10:37 PM
Le_Dissed

Koolaid_Man
08-03-2012, 10:38 PM
Le_Cafeteria Date

Koolaid_Man
Le_Rejection

Koolaid_Man
Le_Hamburger

Koolaid_Man
08-03-2012, 10:39 PM
Le_London_Pussy_less

Koolaid_Man
08-03-2012, 10:39 PM
Le_Lonely

Deuce Bigalow
08-04-2012, 04:10 AM
We will remember, and we will bump this thread when the Lakers exit out in the first or second round.

Spurs been doing that for the last 5 years :toast

LkrFan
08-04-2012, 04:19 AM
Spurs been doing that for the last 5 years :toast

Stalin
08-04-2012, 06:42 AM
:lol lakerfan
:lol sessions will be allstar next season
:lol mumified nash
:lol Mcbob
:lol TOSB Kobe
:lol 30 mill a season

LkrFan
08-04-2012, 07:21 AM

SMH :lol

Lincoln
08-04-2012, 08:25 AM
:lol Bynum should improve but he ain't gonna be what you say he will. Gortat was primarily a pick and roll big while Bynum is more of a traditional big that uses his size over speed. It will be interesting to see how LA runs their offense. I expect early season troubles similar to this past season though

Clipper Nation
08-04-2012, 09:43 AM
:lol Kool
:lol Seven straight ignored posts

Clipper Nation
08-04-2012, 09:45 AM

:lol Princeton offense
:lol Kobrick and Nash "sharing the ball"
:lol Kobrick still has the ball in his hands 95% of the time

Ace
08-04-2012, 10:04 AM
Agreed to an extent. Pau is clearly not the 2009 Pau, but I believe Nash will revive his game. Where I disagree with you is concerning Bynum. Bynum will also greatly benefit. Nash turned Gortat into a decent player. You don't think Bynum (whose way more talented than Gortat) won't benefit playing with him? If so, you gotta be trolling me. :lol

Your second point speaks to the flexibility the Lakers will have. When Bynum gets into foul trouble I like a Pau/Jamison lineup with Nash running the show. I don't see us blowing many leads with that frontcourt. In the Princeton offense Pau will play the Chris Webber role with the offense running through him. He's a great passer that will get others many open looks.

Bynum and Kobe as 1-2 punch is a good thing, if you're a Laker fan like me. :toast

You idiot, Bynum's game is clearly different from Gorat. Gorat's numbers are the same as pre-Nash, scoring went up as minutes did but FG% was the same as his career numbers. Don't see how even a idiot Laker homer like you thinks 40% Jamison helps. 17PPG on 40% shooting and zero defense is going to help the bench?

DMC
08-04-2012, 11:42 AM
:lol even hinting that acquiring Nash stacks your team
:lol even thinking that Kobe will share the ball with the Jabbar record out there
:lol No defense at PG
:lol Fisher in the Finals
:lol another year of "still learning the system" excuses
:lol Blazers 2.0 "wait till next year"
:lol in denial that Kobe is the cancer on the team and should be cut out

LkrFan
08-04-2012, 06:46 PM
You idiot, Bynum's game is clearly different from Gorat. Gorat's numbers are the same as pre-Nash, scoring went up as minutes did but FG% was the same as his career numbers. Don't see how even a idiot Laker homer like you thinks 40% Jamison helps. 17PPG on 40% shooting and zero defense is going to help the bench?

Gortat <-- proper spelling. If you are gonna clown, do a spell check first. :downspin:

Ace
08-04-2012, 08:42 PM
Gortat <-- proper spelling. If you are gonna clown, do a spell check first. :downspin:
My spelling > Your takes

LkrFan
08-05-2012, 12:18 AM
My spelling > Your takes

Is Gorat the twin brother of Borat? :lol

DMC
08-05-2012, 01:11 AM
^ calculated shit bomb tbh

Stalin
08-05-2012, 01:53 AM
Is Gorat the twin brother of Borat? :lol

indeed, and worse yet, he's a lowly polack :lol

LkrFan
08-05-2012, 07:53 AM
^ calculated shit bomb tbh

LkrFan
08-05-2012, 07:54 AM
indeed, and worse yet, he's a lowly polack :lol

midnightpulp
11-01-2012, 08:15 PM
Looking good so far :tu

midnightpulp
11-01-2012, 08:25 PM
Mummified Nash lead the league in total assists last year with Gortat, Hill, and Dudley as his best teammates. Just think what he'll do with Kobe, Gasol, and Howard.

4.5 ppg, 4.0 apg, on 33% shooting.

LkrFan
11-01-2012, 10:23 PM
4.5 ppg, 4.0 apg, on 33% shooting.
Y:lolu stalking me bruh? What's with all the bumping of threads?

BTW, Kobe was shooting very well in the preseason. It's carried over into the regular season. To date, he has gone 11-14 and 10-20 (61.7%) :)

midnightpulp
11-01-2012, 10:42 PM
Y:lolu stalking me bruh? What's with all the bumping of threads?

BTW, Kobe was shooting very well in the preseason. It's carried over into the regular season. To date, he has gone 11-14 and 10-20 (61.7%) :)

After every one of your predictions blew up in your face (Sessions' show. McBob replicating Odom's impact and production), bumping your idiocy has now become tradition, at least for myself.

Also go ahead and feel free to bump this thread when Nash strings a few good games together, as I'm sure he will. Just know it won't last and that his signing was still a 9 million dollar mistake by the guy who was supposed to make us all pay for their basketball reasons.

da_suns_fan
11-01-2012, 10:50 PM
Nash sucks at defense, rebounding, blocks.

He's great at shooting, creating and hitting open men for assists.

You take the ball out of his hands, and now hes good at nothing.

Edward
11-01-2012, 10:57 PM
After every one of your predictions blew up in your face (Sessions' show. McBob replicating Odom's impact and production), bumping your idiocy has now become tradition, at least for myself.

Also go ahead and feel free to bump this thread when Nash strings a few good games together, as I'm sure he will. Just know it won't last and that his signing was still a 9 million dollar mistake by the guy who was supposed to make us all pay for their basketball reasons.
Sup brah?

Good to see you back and bullying niggas.

Lincoln
11-01-2012, 11:01 PM
How is LG looking so far this year? Haven't visited yet to check out that Mexican shithole

midnightpulp
11-01-2012, 11:20 PM
Sup brah?

Good to see you back and bullying niggas.

Good to be bad, brother. Hope you're doing well.

Back for the long haul and ready to run Sherman's March on these Laker homer asses.

(Remember how much of an overrated sack of shit Nash was when he "stole" Kobe's MVP? "He jus' a system player with a stacked supporting cast!!1111" Now that he's a Laker, these bean3rs are loving his cock like an extra large combination burrito.)

ElNono
11-01-2012, 11:22 PM
solid thread... will recommend to Nash while he heals from his latest injury...

midnightpulp
11-01-2012, 11:24 PM
solid thread... will recommend to Nash while he heals from his latest injury...

Two games in and already hurt :lol

Sessions needs to hurry up and play a fuckin' game. I'm dying to start a Nash/Ramon Sessions watch.

Edward
11-01-2012, 11:26 PM
It's just gonna be funny when 41 YO Nash making 9mil per ruins LA's chance to add another max player like they want to in 2 years

midnightpulp
11-01-2012, 11:30 PM
It's just gonna be funny when 41 YO Nash making 9mil per ruins LA's chance to add another max player like they want to in 2 years

Mitch "the Genius" Kupcake just making everybody pay for their basketball reasons.

I'm not even Laker hating. I just don't get the logic of signing Nash if you're not going to tweak your system and roster to run more.

6.5 fastbreak points per game. :lol

ElNono
11-01-2012, 11:31 PM
Two games in and already hurt :lol

Sessions needs to hurry up and play a fuckin' game. I'm dying to start a Nash/Ramon Sessions watch.

Can't wait for "your starting point guard.... Steve Blake" :lol

midnightpulp
11-01-2012, 11:33 PM
Mitch "the Genius" Kupcake just making everybody pay for their basketball reasons.

I'm not even Laker hating. I just don't get the logic of signing Nash if you're not going to tweak your system and roster to run more.

6.5 fastbreak points per game. :lol

Webber just stated the obvious: "You don't put Nash in a Princeton Offense."

The Lakers knew full well pre-season they were going to be running this system and still felt it prudent to sign Nash.

:lol Mitch

scanry
11-01-2012, 11:35 PM
Mid ploughing them Lakers.

LkrFan
11-02-2012, 12:31 AM
How is LG looking so far this year? Haven't visited yet to check out that Mexican shithole

:lmao