PDA

View Full Version : If 2012 olympic team...

stretch
08-03-2012, 12:12 PM
ends up with a higher average scoring margin than the 1992 team did against considerably weaker competition...

what will you idiots who say "1992 would win by 30-40 points easily, and sweep 2012 in a 7 game series!!!!:downspin::downspin::downspin:" say?

stretch
08-03-2012, 12:13 PM
and for you non-idiots, do you feel there is much more backing to Kobe and Lebron's claims that 2012>1992?

stretch
08-03-2012, 12:15 PM
for the record, i dont think they will pull this feat off. competition is just so much better than it used to be. its simply a "what if" thread

Axe Murderer
08-03-2012, 12:20 PM
sup stretch

Axe Murderer
08-03-2012, 12:21 PM
sorry for the double post

Axe Murderer
if I were to post again it would be a triple post

Axe Murderer
and I guess this makes 4

Axe Murderer
5 in a row now

Lincoln
08-03-2012, 12:29 PM
:wow

jeebus
08-03-2012, 12:31 PM
one of the classier threads in spurstalk history

DPG21920
08-03-2012, 12:32 PM
Stretch, IMO it's just about match ups. Teams today with just competent bigs or solid bigs (for example - Brazil with Tiago/Nene/Anderson, Spain with Pau/Marc) are able to compete against this years team USA and for the most part keep it competitive.

The bigs on the 1992 are so far superior to anything USA see's now, that I don't see how 2012 USA could overcome that. When you factor in the fact as well that 92's USA guards were better than any of these teams guards overall as well, I really don't see how this team has any chance to win.

Do I think it would be a blowout? No - would be hard to imagine this team getting blown out by anyone. But I think it would be a decent margin of victory (maybe 11-15) points but the game would be competitive.

jag
08-03-2012, 01:10 PM
The 1992 team wouldn't play soft ass Euro ball. They would pound it down low with Malone, Robinson and Ewing. There are other matchups between the two teams that would be very competitive, especially out on the perimeter, but the 2012 team would get absolutely embarrassed on the inside. And if shots aren't falling from the outside with the 2012 team, do you really think they'd get better looks driving the paint with the 1992 bigs waiting to swat their shit?

Even from a psychological standpoint, the 1992 team had 6 or 7 tough, hard-nosed, borderline dirty players. The best players on that roster were cold-blooded and mean. Aside from Kobe, Chris Paul and possibly Tyson Chandler, who on the 2012 team wouldn't allow himself to get straight up bullied?

LeBron would be looking for a call on every single shot. Chris Paul would be running up and down the floor flopping like a faggot. Tychan would be in foul trouble. And Kobe would be too busy trying to make Michael proud. The 1992 players came from a different era and played with a different mindset. They would bully the shit out of the 2012 nigggas.

Stabula
08-03-2012, 01:17 PM
Another one of these threads?

jag
08-03-2012, 01:25 PM
I can't tell if Stabula is the troll of a solid poster that just posts like shit with this troll, or if he's a shitty poster that logs onto this troll account and continues to post like shit. Either way, he hits up the Spurs forum and the NBA forum and he posts like shit. I'll go ahead and assume it's HH while he's still trying to lay low.

Jeff Van Gundy
08-03-2012, 01:29 PM
I can't tell if Stabula is the troll of a solid poster that just posts like shit with this troll, or if he's a shitty poster that logs onto this troll account and continues to post like shit. Either way, he hits up the Spurs forum and the NBA forum and he posts like shit. I'll go ahead and assume it's HH while he's still trying to lay low.

You just blew my fuckin mind

Stabula
08-03-2012, 01:34 PM
:lol What the fuck are you talking about, kid? There's always random idiots like you who have no lives because you got layed off at Taco Cabana and spend your days trying to talk shit on a pointless forum. If you're not a kid then god damn am I horrified that someone with your mental acuity survived his teens.

This is a thread which has already been posted countless times. My criticism is grounded in reason. We've all seen dozens of 1992 vs 2012 threads so anyone still posting this shit needs to find a better way to spend ones time.:loser

jag
08-03-2012, 01:36 PM
:lol well played Harlem

Stabula
08-03-2012, 01:38 PM
The 1992 team wouldn't play soft ass Euro ball. They would pound it down low with Malone, Robinson and Ewing. There are other matchups between the two teams that would be very competitive, especially out on the perimeter, but the 2012 team would get absolutely embarrassed on the inside. And if shots aren't falling from the outside with the 2012 team, do you really think they'd get better looks driving the paint with the 1992 bigs waiting to swat their shit?

Even from a psychological standpoint, the 1992 team had 6 or 7 tough, hard-nosed, borderline dirty players. The best players on that roster were cold-blooded and mean. Aside from Kobe, Chris Paul and possibly Tyson Chandler, who on the 2012 team wouldn't allow himself to get straight up bullied?

LeBron would be looking for a call on every single shot. Chris Paul would be running up and down the floor flopping like a faggot. Tychan would be in foul trouble. And Kobe would be too busy trying to make Michael proud. The 1992 players came from a different era and played with a different mindset. They would bully the shit out of the 2012 nigggas.

Because this hasn't been posted before, right? :rolleyes:rolleyes:rolleyes

jag
08-03-2012, 01:40 PM
Sweet troll, brah

A+ stuff while continuing to lay low

-21-
08-03-2012, 02:19 PM

^That part was hilarious! :rollin

I agree with you, the 1992 team would crush the 2012 team down low blockin their shots and scoring on their soft bigs. Also, the 2012 team's attitude is just different from the Dream Team's 90's toughness. '92 would win hands down (for me) but I wouldn't say the '12 team would get blown out by 30-40 points. Even though this year's team lacks size and power in the post, they got a lot of athleticism which would cause some problems for the old guys like Magic and Bird. Beating the Dream Team is hard, almost impossible, but this team can do it at least once in seven games.

monosylab1k
08-03-2012, 03:07 PM
92 team is still way better, especially defensively. Not "blow them out by 50" better, but they'd win by a healthy margin most of the time. In a seven game series I'd give the 2012 team one win, maybe two.

Biggems
08-03-2012, 10:12 PM
aside from Kobe, the 2012 team is a bunch of bloody fucking vaginas......all they do is whine for calls and flop like dying fish. I despise Kobe, but he is the only one on that team that acts like a man....and doesn't wilt like a dying flower when the opposition gets a little physical with him. And the Dream Team will definitely get physical with the New Age Pussies....

Latarian Milton
08-04-2012, 09:20 AM
scoring margin doesn't mean shit mayne, ain't even comparable tbh. 92' team didn't have that many attention whores who enjoy beating the dead horses and that's probably the reason why