PDA

View Full Version : The AFC West

Avante
08-03-2012, 03:57 PM
Every AFC division has a pretty established pecking order..

Pats
Bills/Jets
Dolphins

Ravens
Steelers/Bengals
Browns

Texans
Titans
Jags
Colts

Then there's the West. I 'm not giving it to Denver, everyone in this division has a realistic shot. Only division in football where that can be said.

Eagles/Giants
Cowboys
Redskins

Packers
Bears/Lions
Vikings

Saints/Falcons
Panthers
Buc's

Niners
Seahawks/Cards
Rams

TSA
08-03-2012, 06:24 PM
Besides myself, this forum has to have the worst group of Chargers fans ever assembled: Avante, Fabbs, Vander, and Clipper Nation. I'll be stopping by periodically to read their shitty takes.

vander
08-03-2012, 06:37 PM
Besides myself, this forum has to have the worst group of Chargers fans ever assembled: Avante, Fabbs, Vander, and Clipper Nation. I'll be stopping by periodically to read their shitty takes.

prove it troll, everything I've ever said about football has been right

almost everything

besides myself, most Charger fans are unbearable homers though

can't even stomach charger fan boards anymore

TheSanityAnnex
08-03-2012, 07:11 PM
I am no troll.

Clipper Nation
08-03-2012, 07:28 PM
Avante's a Niners fan, son.... besides, my only takes on the Chargers right now are that Norv needs to be fired and AJ had a good draft, tbh....

besides myself, most Charger fans are unbearable homers though

can't even stomach charger fan boards anymore
The Chargers' forum is hilarious, tbh.... there's a small minority of complete Norv-humpers that think he's God's gift to coaching, but they're all moderators who basically ban everyone who criticizes Norv for no reason.... the funniest part will be when Norv gets fired and all the shill mods change their tune on him immediately....

Avante
08-03-2012, 09:04 PM

I'd just as soon a fucking loser like you ignore my threads. Where did you get...Charger fan...out of that:rolleyes:rolleyes:rolleyes

HarlemHeat37
08-03-2012, 10:14 PM
:lol The Broncos won the division with a QB that wasn't allowed to attempt a pass, with a coach that has no offensive creativity, and Von Miller suffering through a critical injury during the key stretch of the year..

Add the greatest QB of all-time, not only to play the QB position, but to also coach the offense, and you have a team that is only behind New England and Houston in the AFC..

Avante
08-03-2012, 10:26 PM
:lol The Broncos won the division with a QB that wasn't allowed to attempt a pass, with a coach that has no offensive creativity, and Von Miller suffering through a critical injury during the key stretch of the year..

Add the greatest QB of all-time, not only to play the QB position, but to also coach the offense, and you have a team that is only behind New England and Houston in the AFC..

Peyton Manning is hardly the greatest QB of all time. You can debate if he's even the best Colt QB of all time.

After reading the recent AP Poll, Lindy Sports, Phil Steele Sports and Pro Football Weekly the consenses is...

Pats
Ravens
Texans
Steelers
Broncos

DeadlyDynasty
08-04-2012, 01:02 AM
The AFC West is gonna be pretty competitive (particularly if KC and OAK don't suffer major injuries again), but it's gotta be Denver's to win it as of right now. You add Peyton Manning to a team with underrated WR's (Thomas and Decker), and get Von Miller back healthy on D. Dumervil and Miller were killing QB's last year despite trailing almost the entirety of all their games--now they'll play with some leads.

McGahee had a resurgence with 1200 yds and 4.5ypc, despite facing no less than 8 or 9 in the box EVERYTIME, and having to split some carries with Tebow and Moreno. Now the safties have to respect the Donks--and teams will be forced to employ more nickel packages against them.

Manning changes everything.

Avante
08-04-2012, 02:09 AM
The AFC West is gonna be pretty competitive (particularly if KC and OAK don't suffer major injuries again), but it's gotta be Denver's to win it as of right now. You add Peyton Manning to a team with underrated WR's (Thomas and Decker), and get Von Miller back healthy on D. Dumervil and Miller were killing QB's last year despite trailing almost the entirety of all their games--now they'll play with some leads.

McGahee had a resurgence with 1200 yds and 4.5ypc, despite facing no less than 8 or 9 in the box EVERYTIME, and having to split some carries with Tebow and Moreno. Now the safties have to respect the Donks--and teams will be forced to employ more nickel packages against them.

Manning changes everything.

Point is we do have a division where we could see any of it's teams win it. Sure Denver is the favorite but they do have more competition than any other favorites.

HarlemHeat37
08-04-2012, 02:39 AM
The AFC North and NFC East will be just as competitive IMO..

gaKNOW!blee
08-04-2012, 02:48 AM
Peyton Manning is hardly the greatest QB of all time. You can debate if he's even the best Colt QB of all time.

After reading the recent AP Poll, Lindy Sports, Phil Steele Sports and Pro Football Weekly the consenses is...

Pats
Ravens
Texans
Steelers
Broncos

There is zero debate...manning > Unitas

Avante
08-04-2012, 02:54 AM
The AFC North and NFC East will be just as competitive IMO..

The AFC West is the only division where all four teams do have a realistic shot at winning it.

Only the Giants/Eagles in the NFC East, the Browns stand no chance in the AFC North.

johnsmith
08-04-2012, 03:00 AM
The AFC West is the only division where all four teams do have a realistic shot at winning it.

Only the Giants/Eagles in the NFC East, the Browns stand no chance in the AFC North.

If 9 and 7 won the NFC East last season, then anyone of the four teams can win it next season....so....you're wrong....IMO.

Avante
08-04-2012, 03:08 AM
If 9 and 7 won the NFC East last season, then anyone of the four teams can win it next season....so....you're wrong....IMO.

So a rookie QB will lead a bad Redskin team to a division title over the defending SB champs? Do you think the Giants don't want some pay back.

The Cowboys have done what lately to think they are on par with the Giants or the Eagles. They went 0-4 vs them last year.

I guarantee the East will be won by either the Giants or the Eagles.

johnsmith
08-04-2012, 03:13 AM
So a rookie QB will lead a bad Redskin team to a division title over the defending SB champs? Do you think the Giants don't want some pay back.

The Cowboys have done what lately to think they are on par with the Giants or the Eagles. They went 0-4 vs them last year.

I guarantee the East will be won by either the Giants or the Eagles.

I didn't say it was ok to respond....don't you remember the rules?

Avante
08-04-2012, 03:32 AM
I didn't say it was ok to respond....don't you remember the rules?

My thread dummy.

johnsmith
08-04-2012, 03:37 AM
My thread dummy.

Oh Avante, now you're just being silly. Please don't reply to me unless granted permission by me first.....like I said before, your wife gets it, why can't you? Don't answer that though, just keep your thoughts regarding this post to yourself.....I haven't given you permission.

Avante
08-04-2012, 03:55 AM
Oh Avante, now you're just being silly. Please don't reply to me unless granted permission by me first.....like I said before, your wife gets it, why can't you? Don't answer that though, just keep your thoughts regarding this post to yourself.....I haven't given you permission.

Mental retardation and a computer, sad to watch.

Clipper Nation
08-04-2012, 09:30 AM
Mental retardation and a computer, sad to watch.

Yeah, you ARE pretty sad to watch, B....

Avante
08-04-2012, 06:22 PM
Yeah, you ARE pretty sad to watch, B....

I 'm not the only leeching off others little one.

TheSanityAnnex
08-04-2012, 10:37 PM
Please don't turn this into one of you four faggots circle jerk back and forth spats. This thread is for discussing spurstalk's faggot Charger fans. Thank you, discuss.

J.T.
08-05-2012, 12:17 AM

Dude quarterbacked a team that broke records for most consecutive wins and most wins in a decade, and that same team crumbled without him. His post Super Bowl win teams were terrible at running the ball and his defense was made to look better by the sheer fact that he put up enough points to dictate how other offenses played. If he's not the greatest QB of all time, he's certainly in the running for it.

TheSanityAnnex
08-05-2012, 05:06 AM
Dude quarterbacked a team that broke records for most consecutive wins and most wins in a decade, and that same team crumbled without him. His post Super Bowl win teams were terrible at running the ball and his defense was made to look better by the sheer fact that he put up enough points to dictate how other offenses played. If he's not the greatest QB of all time, he's certainly in the running for it.

Question about LSD
Hey man, I know you're into drugs a lot like me (or at least I get that impression) and I've been trying to not talk about it as much on the forum just because some people on here (i.e. smeagol and others) don't like it or feel the need to rain on my parade, but I had a question about LSD.

Monday night I took some LSD and I started tripping out, but then after an hour or two my head started to feel weird... I guess I would describe the feeling as if someone put their hand on my brain and just started squeezing down. Gently at first and then it gradually got more intense. During this part of the trip, I was listening to some rock music like I usually do while tripping or rolling, but instead of getting into the music it just pissed me off. It was like information in my brain was getting lost when it was firing between synapses or something.

Have you ever gone through anything like this while tripping? I trip A LOT, LSD is my favorite drug and I do it at least twice a week. I've probably taken over 100 hits this year alone... but this was a completely different experience from all of my other trips. Wasn't like taking Lucy at all. I'm thinking I may have taken some bathtub acid that someone cooked up on their own, because I can't imagine straight LSD doing something like that.

Anyway, figured you might know something or have some insight. I do have a lot going on right now, one of my best friends just got arrested for narcotics possession, my mom and stepdad are going through a divorce and trying to catch me in the middle of it, school, etc. So I'm thinking maybe I just had too much on my plate mentally to trip well. Or is this what they call a bad trip? Never had one yet on shrooms or LSD.

Thanks
Luck_The_Fakers_

Avante
08-05-2012, 05:19 AM

Ever see Unitas play?

DeadlyDynasty
08-05-2012, 06:04 AM
Peyton Manning (13 years and counting):

-55,000 yds passing
-400 passing TDs
-198 interceptions
-65% completion %
-35 4th Quarter comebacks
-46 game-winning drives
-1 SB ring
-1 SBMVP

Johnny Unitas (17-year career):

-40,239 passing yds.
-290 TDs
-253 interceptions
-45% completion % (ouch)
-27 4th quarter comebacks
-29 GW drives
-1 SB ring

Axe Murderer
08-05-2012, 09:26 AM

-55,000 yds passing
-400 passing TDs
-198 interceptions
-65% completion %
-46 game-winning drives
-1 SB ring
-1 SBMVP

-40,239 passing yds.
-290 TDs
-253 interceptions
-45% completion % (ouch)
-29 GW drives
-1 SB ring

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z192/Def_Fit/GIF/pniw2.gif

TIMMYtoZO
08-05-2012, 02:03 PM
IF Peyton stays healthy, Broncos will win that division. A healthy Manning alone nets Denver 10-11 wins at minimum.

:lol Avante/Razon seems bitter that his 49ers didn't land Manning.

johnsmith
08-05-2012, 03:49 PM
Question about LSD
Hey man, I know you're into drugs a lot like me (or at least I get that impression) and I've been trying to not talk about it as much on the forum just because some people on here (i.e. smeagol and others) don't like it or feel the need to rain on my parade, but I had a question about LSD.

Monday night I took some LSD and I started tripping out, but then after an hour or two my head started to feel weird... I guess I would describe the feeling as if someone put their hand on my brain and just started squeezing down. Gently at first and then it gradually got more intense. During this part of the trip, I was listening to some rock music like I usually do while tripping or rolling, but instead of getting into the music it just pissed me off. It was like information in my brain was getting lost when it was firing between synapses or something.

Have you ever gone through anything like this while tripping? I trip A LOT, LSD is my favorite drug and I do it at least twice a week. I've probably taken over 100 hits this year alone... but this was a completely different experience from all of my other trips. Wasn't like taking Lucy at all. I'm thinking I may have taken some bathtub acid that someone cooked up on their own, because I can't imagine straight LSD doing something like that.

Anyway, figured you might know something or have some insight. I do have a lot going on right now, one of my best friends just got arrested for narcotics possession, my mom and stepdad are going through a divorce and trying to catch me in the middle of it, school, etc. So I'm thinking maybe I just had too much on my plate mentally to trip well. Or is this what they call a bad trip? Never had one yet on shrooms or LSD.

Thanks
Luck_The_Fakers_

Please don't turn this into one of you four faggots circle jerk back and forth spats. This thread is for discussing spurstalk's faggot Charger fans. Thank you, discuss.

johnsmith
08-05-2012, 03:49 PM
Homosexual hypocrite

vander
08-05-2012, 04:03 PM
I'm pretty critical of the Chargers, but there's just no way they don't win the division this year (barring injury).

No. Way.

all this Manning hype is laughable, he's on a new team, he's been out of football, he's old and coming off of injury/surgery, he has a poor WR corps...

I'll be surprised if the Chargers don't wrap up the division by week 15

DeadlyDynasty
08-05-2012, 04:29 PM
I'm pretty critical of the Chargers, but there's just no way they don't win the division this year (barring injury).

No. Way.

all this Manning hype is laughable, he's on a new team, he's been out of football, he's old and coming off of injury/surgery, he has a poor WR corps...

I got $500 that says they don't win their division...care to put some cheese behind that post?

gaKNOW!blee
08-05-2012, 04:46 PM

No. Way.

Poor WR corps coming from a chargers fan??

vander
08-05-2012, 04:57 PM
Poor WR corps coming from a chargers fan??

Floyd
Brown
Meachem
Royal

that ain't bad

and Gates

vander
08-05-2012, 05:01 PM
I got $500 that says they don't win their division...care to put some cheese behind that post?

you seem pretty confident about an irrational bet, do you know something? is Rivers injured?

eh, whatever, I'll take that bet

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-05-2012, 05:26 PM
oh shit

BUMP
08-05-2012, 05:45 PM
Homosexual hypocrite

seriously where the fuck did that come from?

dirk4mvp
08-05-2012, 05:59 PM
Why yes, DeadlyDynasty, I'd love to pay your rent!:)

DeadlyDynasty
08-05-2012, 06:08 PM
you seem pretty confident about an irrational bet, do you know something? is Rivers injured?

eh, whatever, I'll take that bet

No, Rivers is healthy, which is exactly why I'll gladly collect $500 from you. Rivers cant even execute a kneel down in fg range, so yeah...i feel pretty confident:lol

vander
08-05-2012, 06:50 PM
hmm, now I'll have to start actually rooting for the Chargers again, instead of laughing at them and rolling my eyes at them living up to my low expectations.

but this is money in the bank, I think I'm going to waste it on Nokia's most expensive Windows Phone 8

DeadlyDynasty
08-05-2012, 06:55 PM
Norv still the coach? Check.
Chargers lose their best WR? Check.
Do they have to play in September and October? Check.

johnsmith
08-06-2012, 08:30 AM
seriously where the fuck did that come from?

Drunk on a Sunday afternoon.....pay no attention.....my bad.

BUMP
08-06-2012, 12:00 PM
Drunk on a Sunday afternoon.....pay no attention.....my bad.

:lol I was talking about that weird LSD story, not what you said

TheSanityAnnex
08-06-2012, 12:14 PM
:lol i was talking about that weird lsd story, not what you said

rip j.t.

Clipper Nation
08-06-2012, 01:03 PM
Son, I was hopeful after the draft, but then I remembered that Craterface is still our head coach, tbh... Broncos = division champs....

johnsmith
08-06-2012, 01:44 PM
rip j.t.

So, what did it mean? The LSD story?

vander
08-06-2012, 02:56 PM
Son, I was hopeful after the draft, but then I remembered that Craterface is still our head coach, tbh... Broncos = division champs....

they've won the division before with norv, and they've beaten manning on a better team before with norv.

Clipper Nation
08-06-2012, 03:05 PM
they've won the division before with norv, and they've beaten manning on a better team before with norv.
With basically Marty's team.... Craterface's team hasn't made the playoffs in years, tbh....

lefty
08-06-2012, 03:50 PM

-55,000 yds passing
-400 passing TDs
-198 interceptions
-65% completion %
-46 game-winning drives
-1 SB ring
-1 SBMVP

-40,239 passing yds.
-290 TDs
-253 interceptions
-45% completion % (ouch)
-29 GW drives
-1 SB ring
http://camelbach.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/breakingthebat.gif

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-06-2012, 04:54 PM
With basically Marty's team.... Craterface's team hasn't made the playoffs in years, tbh....
Son Pats/Chargers shit talk aside your among a group of retarded Chargers fans on this site. Don't expect any of them to give Marty credit or recognize the amount of talent the Chargers have lost and not effectively replaced since 2006 has everything to do with no longer having Marty.

DPG21920
08-06-2012, 05:07 PM

:lmao

vander
08-06-2012, 06:32 PM
Son Pats/Chargers shit talk aside your among a group of retarded Chargers fans on this site. Don't expect any of them to give Marty credit or recognize the amount of talent the Chargers have lost and not effectively replaced since 2006 has everything to do with no longer having Marty.

Marty's Chargers were legit SB contenders, we're only talking about winning the pathetic AFC West here

DeadlyDynasty
08-06-2012, 06:47 PM
??

DPG21920
08-06-2012, 07:07 PM
SD has a realistic shot at winning their division, while Buffalo has a 0% chance of doing so--so WC is all they can hope for. The Charguhs are also infinitely better at the most important position in all of sports--QB

Good thing I am smart enough not to take your bait :lol

lefty
08-06-2012, 08:35 PM
Homosexual hypocrite

Now THAT's hypocrisy

Avante
08-07-2012, 06:45 AM
Getting back (my thread:hat) to Unitas vs Manning, totally different game back then. One thing is they only played 12 game seasons.

Unitas was far and away the greatest QB of his era, wasn't debatable. He is still on everyone (who knows the game)top 10 list.

gaKNOW!blee
08-07-2012, 10:04 AM
Getting back (my thread:hat) to Unitas vs Manning, totally different game back then. One thing is they only played 12 game seasons.

Unitas was far and away the greatest QB of his era, wasn't debatable. He is still on everyone (who knows the game)top 10 list.

Honestly I was going to PM DeadlyDynasty after he made his post and say "I guarantee Avante goes with the cliche it was a different game back then to explain the disparity in stats"....it was so obvious you were going to say that.

You can explain more touchdowns and more yards because Peyton has so many more passing attempts, but what part of the game being "different" would cause a quarterback to throw that many interceptions??

Sure Johnny U is a legend of the game and can be talked about in the top 10, but he doesn't doesn't come close to Peyton.

Avante
08-07-2012, 10:11 AM
Honestly I was going to PM DeadlyDynasty after he made his post and say "I guarantee Avante goes with the cliche it was a different game back then to explain the disparity in stats"....it was so obvious you were going to say that.

You can explain more touchdowns and more yards because Peyton has so many more passing attempts, but what part of the game being "different" would cause a quarterback to throw that many interceptions??

Sure Johnny U is a legend of the game and can be talked about in the top 10, but he doesn't doesn't come close to Peyton.

I've always had this thing about reality. So we have to talk about eras.

Cornerbacks were all over receivers back then. Right in their grill. That makes a huge difference.

When we compare back in the day to today we have to go with dominance of era. Hell, high school kids could have dusted Jesse Owens.

Clipper Nation
08-07-2012, 11:28 AM
Cornerbacks were all over receivers back then. Right in their grill. That makes a huge difference.

Bump and run coverage was common until very recently, dumbass....

Avante
08-07-2012, 11:38 AM
Bump and run coverage was common until very recently, dumbass....

Try knowing what you are talking about idiot.

Here ya go moron...

paste..

Midway through his career, however, the rules regarding pass coverage were changed, making such harassment of a receiver illegal. The rule would come to be named the Mel Blount Rule. Blount ended his career with 57 interceptions, which he returned for 736 yards and two touchdowns. He intercepted at least one pass in all 14 NFL (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL) seasons and led the league in interceptions with 11 in 1975. Blount also was used as a kickoff returner early in his career. He totaled 36 returns for 911 yards and a 25.3-yard average. He also recovered 13 opponents' fumbles, two of which he returned for touchdowns.

paste..

As a player, Blount was so dominant in man-to-man, bump-and-run coverage that the NFL actually changed the rules mid-way through his career to curb his game. The league mandated that cornerbacks could only jam receivers within a five-yard space off the line of scrimmage. Previously, receivers could be bumped until the ball was actually in the air. This new rule was called – you guessed it – the Mel Blount Rule. As a result scoring has increased significantly throughout the league.
“It’s definitely a different game today,” Blount said. “What the league has tried to do is make the game more wide open and create more scoring. They think that they can grow the fan base from that. It’s made the game for me, a person who played the game, less attractive. On the other hand, from a business standpoint, the NFL has succeeded in marketing the game as more high scoring and that has created more viewers.”

Clipper Nation
08-07-2012, 12:58 PM
Firstly, apparently YOU don't know what you're talking about since you have to plagiarize from other websites, tbh...

Secondly, cornerbacks where still "all over recievers" and "right in their grill" even after the invention of the Mel Blount Rule, so maybe next time, be more descriptive with your bullshit, tbh....

DPG21920
08-07-2012, 02:21 PM
Nothing DD :lol?

johnsmith
08-07-2012, 02:34 PM
Old people always think old stuff was better than today's stuff.

How many younger kids have hit you up with the "Lebron is better than Jordan" argument?

Which we all know is just dumb.

In this instance though, Avante is Really fucking old (allegedly), so he's lost touch.

Except for with Track and Field subjects, he seems to be really interested in that. So that means that everyone that runs track and field professionaly, and him, make up the fanbase.

Avante
08-07-2012, 02:51 PM
Firstly, apparently YOU don't know what you're talking about since you have to plagiarize from other websites, tbh...

Secondly, cornerbacks where still "all over recievers" and "right in their grill" even after the invention of the Mel Blount Rule, so maybe next time, be more descriptive with your bullshit, tbh....

I told you how it was, then you ran some bullshit by me. So I simply showed you reality. Trust me little one I don't need any help.

And no things weren't the same "after" the Mel Blount Rule was put into place. You ever see Unitas play?

Avante
08-07-2012, 02:53 PM
Old people always think old stuff was better than today's stuff.

How many younger kids have hit you up with the "Lebron is better than Jordan" argument?

Which we all know is just dumb.

In this instance though, Avante is Really fucking old (allegedly), so he's lost touch.

Except for with Track and Field subjects, he seems to be really interested in that. So that means that everyone that runs track and field professionaly, and him, make up the fanbase.

I'm a bigger football fan than a track fan so wrong as usual.

Just so you know...

Todays athletes are farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr superior to back in the day athletes. No things weren't better back when, so wrong again.

johnsmith
08-07-2012, 02:54 PM
I told you how it was, then you ran some bullshit by me. So I simply showed you reality. Trust me little one I don't need any help.

And no things weren't the same "after" the Mel Blount Rule was put into place. You ever see Unitas play?

We know dude, you saw him play while managing a cheese manufacturer in the Himilayan Alps while tripping balls on acid. We get it.

Please do not reply to this.

johnsmith
08-07-2012, 02:55 PM
I'm a bigger football fan than a track fan so wrong as usual.

Just so you know...

Todays athletes are farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr superior to back in the day athletes. No things weren't better back when, so wrong again.

I don't recall granting you permission to reply to me. You know the rules Avante.

Avante
08-07-2012, 03:11 PM
I don't recall granting you permission to reply to me. You know the rules Avante.

Let's talk the top QB's for each pro football teams back in the days of Johnny U.

AFL

Jets...Joe Namath
Bills...Jack Kemp
Patriots..Babe Parilli
Oilers..George Blanda

Chargers..John Hadl
Raiders..Daryl Lamonica
Chiefs..Len Dawson
Broncos..Frank Tripucka

Niners..John Brodie
Rams..Roman Gabriel
Vikings..Fran Tarkenton
Bears...Bill Wade
Lions..Milt Plum
Packers..Bart Starr
Colts..Unitas

Cowboys..Don Meredith
Steelers..Bill Nelson
Eagles...Norm Snead
Cards...Charley Johnson
Redskins..Sonny Jurgenson
Giants..Y.A.Tittle
Browns...Frank Ryan

dirk4mvp
08-07-2012, 03:19 PM
Peyton stood out more in an era or definitely more elite QBs than Unitas did.

rofl unitas > Peyton

Avante
08-07-2012, 03:22 PM
Peyton stood out more in an era or definitely more elite QBs than Unitas did.

rofl unitas > Peyton

Well lets see.

Hall of Fame

Joe Namath
Len Dawson
Bart Starr
Fran Tarkenton
George Blanda
Y.A.Tittle
Sonny Jurgenson
Johnny Unitas

dirk4mvp
08-07-2012, 03:23 PM
So if those qbs played in this era, where would they rank?

Avante
08-07-2012, 03:25 PM
So if those qbs played in this era, where would they rank?

None of them except maybe Roman Gabriel who was huge/strong arm, could play today. Back then a big D-lineman was 270 pounds, if a DB could run a 4.6 he was fast.

dirk4mvp
08-07-2012, 03:26 PM
rofl Namath 173-220 TD-INT

Avante
08-07-2012, 03:28 PM
rofl Namath 173-220 TD-INT

I agree, but he was the best thing the Titans/Jets had ever had.

I don't think some of you understand how the game was played back then. A cornerback could bump a receiver around all the way down the field until the ball was in the air.

Fullbacks were the stud ball carriers. TE's with a couple exceptions (Mackey/Ditka) were blockers.

johnsmith
08-07-2012, 03:54 PM
You know the rule!!

Avante
08-07-2012, 04:01 PM
You know the rule!!

translation

So who were the backs back then?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Let's see...

HOF..*

Raiders..Clem Daneils Prairie View
Chiefs..Abner Haynes North Texas State
Chargers..Paul Lowe Oregon State
Broncos...Billy Joe Villanova

Patriots..Jim Nance Syracuse
Bills..Cookie Gilchrist None
Oilers..Charley Tolar NWLa
Jets..Matt Snell Ohio State

Niners..J.D.Smith NCA&T
Colts..Lenny Moore* Penn State
Packers..Jim Taylor* LSU
Vikings..Tommy Mason Tulane
Bears...Gale Sayers* Kansas
Rams..Dick Bass UOP
Lions..Nick Pietrasonte ND

Redskins...Don Bosseler ?
Eagles..Timmy Brown Ball State
Steelers..John Henry Johnson* ASU
Browns...Jim Brown* Syracuse
Cowboys..Don Perkins New Mexico
Cards..John David Crow Texas A&M
Giants...Frank Gifford* USC

johnsmith
08-07-2012, 04:16 PM
translation

Why don't you get this? I've told you repeatedly that you aren't allowed to respond to me unless given permission.

Stop this insanity right now.

Both your sisters understand this rule, why can't you?

(rhetorical, don't answer).

Avante
08-07-2012, 04:19 PM
Why don't you get this? I've told you repeatedly that you aren't allowed to respond to me unless given permission.

Stop this insanity right now.

Both your sisters understand this rule, why can't you?

(rhetorical, don't answer).

translation

How do you do that? Amazing!!!

johnsmith
08-07-2012, 04:21 PM
translation

Shame on you Avante, shame on you.

Also, I didn't really see you do anything.

Please don't respond.

Avante
08-07-2012, 04:24 PM
Shame on you Avante, shame on you.

Also, I didn't really see you do anything.

Please don't respond.

translation

I'd love to have seen Willie Galimore and Hugh "the King" McElhenny play. Were they really that elusive?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a notch below Barry Sanders and Gale Sayers.

Fabbs
08-07-2012, 04:27 PM
I expect Norvron to lead the Bolts to .500 or less.

However Norvron has had some 10+ win seasons with totally stacked Bolt rosters. Is this Bolt roster totally stacked? No. Defense in particular looks weak again.

Offense should do pretty good again as PRivers is so good he is able to overcome a lot of Norvrons ineptness.

Avante
08-07-2012, 04:33 PM

However Norvron has had some 10+ win seasons with totally stacked Bolt rosters. Is this Bolt roster totally stacked? No. Defense in particular looks weak again.

Offense should do pretty good again as PRivers is so good he is able to overcome a lot of Norvrons ineptness.

I see all of them in that 7-9-9-7 range. That's what makes this division unique.

Fabbs
08-07-2012, 04:58 PM
I see all of them in that 7-9-9-7 range. That's what makes this division unique.
Yep. Will prolly come down to some close games head to head.
Ironically Norvron had done very well vs Peyton Colts.

vander
08-07-2012, 06:26 PM

deep DL, lots of young corners, Melvin Ingram, Jarret Johnson... Defense should be all right, except for the ILB position(s) which is pretty important.
Chargers D is just one elite ILB away from being top 5

OL is the Chargers #1 weakness on the field.
imo

Clipper Nation
08-07-2012, 08:47 PM
translation

You're such a leech, B..... stop leeching off his posts....

Avante
08-08-2012, 03:23 AM
You're such a leech, B..... stop leeching off his posts....

My thread little fella, honest!

Clipper Nation
08-08-2012, 05:44 PM
My thread little fella, honest!

Did I give you permission to respond to my post, leech?

Fabbs
08-08-2012, 06:45 PM
deep DL, lots of young corners,
"lots"? Who besides the Bama pick?

Numb Nutts will probably sit them again anyways for his pets Jammer, vastly overated Weedle etc.

*fairness to Jammer he's been out of position the entire time.

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-08-2012, 07:13 PM
Do the Chargers still have Cason?

vander
08-08-2012, 10:22 PM

Numb Nutts will probably sit them again anyways for his pets Jammer, vastly overated Weedle etc.

oh, I guess it's just Cason, Wright, and Gilchrist. I had thought there was one more recent 2nd or 3rd rounder in there. don't know what "bama pick" you're talking about

symple19
08-08-2012, 10:31 PM
I've heard that the AFC west is a conference in the NFL... true or no?

The Franchise
08-09-2012, 08:17 PM
The only way my Broncos don't take the division is if Manning goes down. Payton stays healthy the shit is a lock.

Avante
08-09-2012, 09:16 PM
The only way my Broncos don't take the division is if Manning goes down. Payton stays healthy the shit is a lock.

There is no such thing as a lock in pro football.

The Gemini Method
08-09-2012, 11:37 PM
Ryan Matthews with a broken clavicle...Maybe I shouldn't have said good luck to him @ ReHab prior to his rookie season... :cry

DeadlyDynasty
08-09-2012, 11:39 PM
Ryan Matthews with a broken clavicle...Maybe I shouldn't have said good luck to him @ ReHab prior to his rookie season... :cry

lol vander
lol just pay me the $500 now.

The Gemini Method
08-09-2012, 11:40 PM
Had a tough time wataching Peyton in that god awful blue and orange uni. But he looks like he'll be alright...although this is only preseason...

symple19
08-10-2012, 12:57 AM

Do you own the team? Are you a coach? a player? This is not your shitty team, okay?!

You're just another retard that thinks if you do or don't do some superstitious thing that "your" team will react accordingly.

It won't... Just letting you know

J.T.
08-10-2012, 02:58 AM
Had a tough time wataching Peyton in that god awful blue and orange uni. But he looks like he'll be alright...although this is only preseason...

Yeah, it looked weird as hell to me too. Next season is going to be interesting as I'll be living in Colorado. Can't wait to see what kind of reception that Colts #18 jersey will get in CO. Probably will debut the #12 jersey first just to eliminate confusion.

vander
08-10-2012, 07:27 AM
Mathews is just an average, dime-a-dozen back, not vital to chargers success. Do wish we still had Tolbert though, and sproles...

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-10-2012, 08:26 AM
There is no such thing as a lock in pro football.
What a worthless post.

Clipper Nation
08-10-2012, 09:12 AM
Mathews isn't exactly a spectacular RB, tbh.... waaaay too careless with the ball.... of course, it doesn't really matter, because no matter who's at running back, we're relying on MVPhilip's elite arm....

Avante
08-10-2012, 12:49 PM
What a worthless post.

You would know.

Avante
08-10-2012, 12:54 PM
Denver is the fav (obviously) according to everything I've read.
Chargers and Chiefs about even with the Raiders not too far behind but all a lit closer to each other than any other division.

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-10-2012, 01:03 PM
You would know.
You're fat.

Avante
08-10-2012, 02:02 PM
You're fat.

Let's break it down, ok?

I could be any size I want to be in hiding, right? So you are telling me that you do believe me when I say I'm 6-2 280 pounds but don't believe me when I say I'm a long time lifter and muscular. So if it's negative you buy it if it isn't you don't, right?

Who is going to post anything making them look bad, yep, nobody. I'm not fat have never been fat and will never be fat.

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-10-2012, 02:07 PM
:lol at my absolute fattest I was 6'2" 280, while I have a thick frame and lifted plenty, but I was still fat. Even tho I'm down to 225 now, I'm still 15-20 pounds overweight.

6'2" 280 is fat. There's no point in sugar coating it because then you'll try to eat it.

Avante
08-10-2012, 02:09 PM
:lol at my absolute fattest I was 6'2" 280, while I have a thick frame and lifted plenty, but I was still fat. Even tho I'm down to 225 now, I'm still 15-20 pounds overweight.

6'2" 280 is fat. There's no point in sugar coating it because then you'll try to eat it.

Is 5-6 200 pounds fat?

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-10-2012, 02:11 PM
Is 5-6 200 pounds fat?
Yeah :lol

Avante
08-10-2012, 02:13 PM
Yeah :lol

You sure?

SKqu5CMJ1r8 (http://SKqu5CMJ1r8)

Avante
08-10-2012, 02:14 PM
[QUOTE=Avante;6068517]You sure?

SKqu5CMJ1r8 (http://SKqu5CMJ1r8)

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-10-2012, 02:16 PM
Rather than post that video, post a picture of yourself.

I'm curious to see what someone who's 6'2", 280 but not fat looks like. When I was 6'2", 280 it was pretty disgusting.

dirk4mvp
08-10-2012, 02:18 PM
rofl avante saying he's a less defined Big Ronnie Coleman and now he's using Columbu as another example.

You're full of shit actually, neither of those guys only eat once a day with a meal consisting of a banana, a few eggs, and milk :lol

dirk4mvp
08-10-2012, 02:20 PM
rofl avante saying he's a less defined Big Ronnie Coleman and now he's using Columbu as another example.

You're full of shit actually, neither of those guys only eat once a day with a meal consisting of a banana, a few eggs, and milk :lol

oh my bad I forgot he lets his "diet" go on the weekends, which obviously picks up the slack and that allows himself to look like a world class bodybuilder.

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-10-2012, 02:22 PM
Don't forget he has honey with his banana, eggs, and milk

Pelicans78
08-10-2012, 02:31 PM
I was 6'2, 227 and really overweight before getting down to 195. Now I don't have a big frame at all, but still 6'2 280 is morbidly obese on the BMI scale. Sorry, I don't see who that is not someone who is really overweight.

Avante
08-10-2012, 03:29 PM
It appears nobody is getting it.

Franco Columbo would be fat on any chart. Obviously that wasn't the case. As we know muscle weighs more than fat.

I'mnot trying to pass myself off as anything close to that level. I spend about an hour on a simple routine designed to keep me toned. I don't spend hours and hours getting ready for the next Mr.Olympia.

Now getting back to the diet.

Pour Total into a bowl. Blend...Instant Breakfast, two eggs, one banada, one teaspoon of honey and milk. Twice a day!!!!!!! The bowl of Total for breakfast. I do eat one of those little red boxes of rasins something I forgot about.

I look like a defensive lineman.

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-10-2012, 03:31 PM
I look like a defensive lineman.
:lol that's code for "I'm fat"

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/d000429c25_vince10032007.jpg

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-10-2012, 03:34 PM
Then again that still makes no fucking sense, because defensive lineman eat exponentially more than the diet you're describing.

But yeah, I'm sure you're the one person who can defy physics :tu

Avante
08-10-2012, 03:41 PM
:lol that's code for "I'm fat"

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/d000429c25_vince10032007.jpg

Come on man we are all football fans here, ok? All D-lineman are fat, dude:rolleyes

Avante
08-10-2012, 03:42 PM
Then again that still makes no fucking sense, because defensive lineman eat exponentially more than the diet you're describing.

But yeah, I'm sure you're the one person who can defy physics :tu

Obviously if I ate three squares a day I'd be over 300 pounds.

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-10-2012, 03:46 PM
Obviously if I ate three squares a day I'd be over 300 pounds.
You are a special kind of stupid.

Posting your picture is the only way you're gonna convince anyone you're 6'2" 280 and look like a defensive lineman eating the diet you described.

Avante
08-10-2012, 04:11 PM
You are a special kind of stupid.

Posting your picture is the only way you're gonna convince anyone you're 6'2" 280 and look like a defensive lineman eating the diet you described.

You're stupid and not special at all, believe whatever ya want, I don't care.

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-10-2012, 04:22 PM
You don't care yet you're repeatedly trying to explain yourself.

If you didn't care you wouldn't have mentioned it in the first place. You came to this site hoping people would believe all of your bullshit and tell you you're special and it makes you angry that hasn't happened :lol

Avante
08-10-2012, 04:28 PM
You don't care yet you're repeatedly trying to explain yourself.

If you didn't care you wouldn't have mentioned it in the first place. You came to this site hoping people would believe all of your bullshit and tell you you're special and it makes you angry that hasn't happened :lol

There is no bullshit, that's the fun part. You saw what happened with the..."you don't have all that music"...right?

Clipper Nation
08-10-2012, 05:13 PM

So you're STILL lying, B... wow, I thought the pinking actually caused you to wake up and stop the bullshit, guess I was wrong....

Avante
08-10-2012, 05:21 PM
So you're STILL lying, B... wow, I thought the pinking actually caused you to wake up and stop the bullshit, guess I was wrong....

I was lying about the music also, remember? I'm not lying about anything. 281

dirk4mvp
08-10-2012, 09:18 PM
If you weren't lying about having a bunch of old music laying around and were willing to prove it by posting pics, why wouldn't you post a pic of you being a less defined Ronnie Coleman to prove you weigh 280 and aren't a hamplanet?

PGDynasty24
08-10-2012, 11:17 PM
Back on topic,I think it's Broncos division to lose. Peyton Manning changes the whole complexion of the offense,and I expect Von Miller to run ape shit with the cast taken off his hand that was bothering him at end of season. I wouldn't sleep on the Chargers though,they are always dangerous with Phillip Rivers.

Avante
08-11-2012, 03:23 AM
Back on topic,I think it's Broncos division to lose. Peyton Manning changes the whole complexion of the offense,and I expect Von Miller to run ape shit with the cast taken off his hand that was bothering him at end of season. I wouldn't sleep on the Chargers though,they are always dangerous with Phillip Rivers.

The AFC West is the division where everyone really can beat everyone, only division you can really say that about.

Oh yeah, Cedric Benson now a Packer.

Trainwreck2100
08-11-2012, 03:36 AM

I got down to 220 now I'm back up to 231 after maxing at 236 once school starts hopefully i'll get to 225 :depressed. PS that last 15 pounds is a bitch

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-11-2012, 10:16 AM
I got down to 220 now I'm back up to 231 after maxing at 236 once school starts hopefully i'll get to 225 :depressed. PS that last 15 pounds is a bitch
At my lowest I was at 215 a few years ago....I always eat like shit when I'm at school. I ballooned up to 245 this year but got back down to 225 this summer.

benefactor
08-11-2012, 12:08 PM
My cousin was 6'2, 280 and he was big framed...and still a fat ass.

Avante
08-12-2012, 09:52 AM
The NFC East

Phillie only has a couple tough road games, while the Giants have many. Now couple that with position rankings and I gotta give the East to Phillie with the Giants being a WC team.

The Cowboys and Redskins will be non factors.

dirk4mvp
08-12-2012, 11:20 AM
The Giants have a HOF'er playing QB, the Eagles don't.

Giants win the division.

You're fat.

Avante
08-12-2012, 11:46 AM
The Giants have a HOF'er playing QB, the Eagles don't.

Giants win the division.

You're fat.

Yep, total porker. I'm so fucking fat I have a hydraulic lift by the bed.

Anyway...

You always look for those road games. Good teams will go 6-2 at home, so it comes down to how they play on the road. The Eagles have it easy, the Giants don't.

Please don't tell me you actually believe...they have a HOF QB.....talk about a rookie statement:rolleyes:rolleyes:rolleyes

Clipper Nation
08-12-2012, 11:54 AM
Please don't tell me you actually believe...they have a HOF QB.....talk about a rookie statement:rolleyes:rolleyes:rolleyes

Son, JOE NAMATH is in the Hall of Fame.... Eli is a lock, tbh.... in retrospect, the Eli for MVPhilip trade is actually pretty even, two HOF QB's swapped for each other... now MVPhilip just needs an actual coach and he can start piling up the rings tbh...

dirk4mvp
08-12-2012, 11:58 AM
lol daddeh Manning cuckolding the Chargers.

If Eli retired tomorrow he would be a HOFer. but apparently avante supposedly knows a lot about football or something? Can't tell.

Avante
08-12-2012, 12:19 PM
Son, JOE NAMATH is in the Hall of Fame.... Eli is a lock, tbh.... in retrospect, the Eli for MVPhilip trade is actually pretty even, two HOF QB's swapped for each other... now MVPhilip just needs an actual coach and he can start piling up the rings tbh...

I'm sorry if I gave the wrong impression, I totally agree that Eli is a HOFer, I was talking about that being no guarantee of anything. Dan Marino! Sonny Jurgenson! Fran Tarkenton! Warren Moon! etc etc

Avante
08-12-2012, 12:21 PM
lol daddeh Manning cuckolding the Chargers.

If Eli retired tomorrow he would be a HOFer. but apparently avante supposedly knows a lot about football or something? Can't tell.

Not sure if he retired tomorrow but I am sure he's a HOFer to be.

I was talking about having a HOFer at QB is no guarantee of anything has history has proven.

Avante
08-12-2012, 12:22 PM
Not sure if he retired tomorrow but I am sure he's a HOFer to be.

I was talking about having a HOFer at QB is no guarantee of anything as history has proven.

johnsmith
08-13-2012, 09:15 AM
Watched the replay of the Broncos preseason opener against the Bears. Manning's timing is still a bit off, he's throwing a little bit behind receivers, which makes me think his arm strength isn't quite what it used to be.

Having said that, he's still fucking awesome though. Maybe it's because I've spent the past 13 seasons watching Jake Plummer, Jay Cutler, Kyle Orton, and Tim Tebow, but seeing a quarterback in a Broncos uniform stand in the pocket, make his reads, then throw.......it was fucking wonderful.

His interception in the red zone was just as much Stokley's fault too. Ball was thrown behind him, but Stokley still should have made the catch. He ended up tipping it and the Bears came up with it.

Also, Caleb Hanie makes Tim Tebow look like a league MVP type of thrower.

Defense looked sharp too.

Getting pretty excited for this season.

Fabbs
08-13-2012, 09:39 AM
Originally Posted by Fabbs

oh, I guess it's just Cason, Wright, and Gilchrist. I had thought there was one more recent 2nd or 3rd rounder in there. don't know what "bama pick" you're talking about
Cason? pssssh
Wright? inc
Gilchrist? good at times but only comes in on nickle in Numb Nutts scheme.

"Bama pick" i meant fellow SEC dback Brandon Taylor, SS, LSU. Scouting reports are solid with the exception of "average speed" which means only effective in zone coverage. Just what the Bolts needed, another "average speed" defensive back. :lol

Clipper Nation
08-13-2012, 10:00 AM
:lol Implying that Craterface gives two shits about the defense
:lol Judging our defense based off the worst defensive coordinator known to man, Greg Manusky

Fabbs
08-13-2012, 10:42 AM
:lol Implying that Craterface gives two shits about the defense
:lol Judging our defense based off the worst defensive coordinator known to man, Greg Manusky
Even defensive decisions are ultimately to the accountability of the head coach.
Get a clue.

"We" had a decent DCoor in 2006 Wade Phillips and that stacked D was handing Tom Bradydoll and the Pats their asses 14-3 just before halftime. Martyball Shot then ordered the D into a prevent and the Patsies were able to waltz down the field and score just before the halftime. That's on Marty, not Wade.

Likewise if Norvron did not like what he saw with Manusky he should have grown a pair and intervened.

Clipper Nation
08-13-2012, 03:13 PM
He DID intervene, they fired his ass after the season, B... :lol

Fabbs
08-14-2012, 12:14 AM
He DID intervene, they fired his ass after the season, B... :lol
day late and dollar short Corky.

You think any of the other real contending coaches in the NFL would have put up with him the whole season? Not.

Avante
08-14-2012, 12:21 AM
If the Raiders could ever get out from under all those stupid "change of possesion" (killers) penalties they really could contend in the West.

Denver is not a juggernaut at all.

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-14-2012, 09:07 AM
I agree Avante, I think Oakland is gonna be good in a few years if they give their current coach and GM time to settle things down.

Their big issues imo are being even more reliant on McFadden staying healthy with Michael Bush gone, having jack shit at corner, and a less than stellar offensive line.

I do think that after a full off season with the team Palmer will give them a WAY more reliable passing game than they've had in recent memory. DHB had a pretty under the radar season last year and he could break out this year.

Avante
08-14-2012, 10:57 AM
I agree Avante, I think Oakland is gonna be good in a few years if they give their current coach and GM time to settle things down.

Their big issues imo are being even more reliant on McFadden staying healthy with Michael Bush gone, having jack shit at corner, and a less than stellar offensive line.

I do think that after a full off season with the team Palmer will give them a WAY more reliable passing game than they've had in recent memory. DHB had a pretty under the radar season last year and he could break out this year.

I'm thinking they cool the stupid penalties (not that they ever have) and they can contend right now. No team in that division is all that. Of course they need everyone healthy especially McFadden.

vander
08-18-2012, 08:36 PM
oh shit, Chargers DL and pass rush, which I thought was going to be strong, is looking like shit.

it's just preseason
it's just preseason
it's just preseason
it's just preseason

vander
08-18-2012, 09:11 PM
And Rivers is just lobbing the ball wherever, like he don't really care

Avante
08-20-2012, 12:53 PM
Was listening to NFL AM on the NFL Network, one of the gang said...Chargers could win that division. Another guy says...anyone in that division can win it.

Only division where all 4 teams do have a realistic shot at it. Which makes it very interesting,

The Franchise
08-21-2012, 08:15 PM
Denver is going to win the division. Just accept it now and it will be less painful later.

Avante
08-21-2012, 08:21 PM
Denver is going to win the division. Just accept it now and it will be less painful later.

I'm a Niner fsan I couldn't care less who wins the AFC West. It just appears to be the one conference without a clear cut favorite.

vander
08-21-2012, 08:29 PM
oh my god shut up already avante, how many times are you going to repeat yourself

fact is, all but 2(.5) divisions are up for grabs, the AFC East and West (and the .5 is for the NFC West)

Chargers and Pats are a lock, Niners should be a lock, but Alex Smith.

Relevent (http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8284393/breaking-best-nfl-stats): note 3 of the top 5 luckiest overachievers

Avante
08-21-2012, 08:34 PM
oh my god shut up already avante, how many times are you going to repeat yourself

fact is, all but 2(.5) divisions are up for grabs, the AFC East and West (and the .5 is for the NFC West)

Chargers and Pats are a lock, Niners should be a lock, but Alex Smith.

Relevent (http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8284393/breaking-best-nfl-stats): note 3 of the top 5 luckiest overachievers

I might repeat myself a dozen more times. My thread...right?

It's going to go just like this...

Niners
Saints
Packers
Eagles

Pats
Ravens
Texans
?????

So yes the AFC West is the....hmm????

vander
08-21-2012, 08:39 PM
My thread

I might repeat myself a dozen more times.

My thread

My thread

My thread

My thread

My thread

My thread

My thread

My thread

My thread

My thread

My thread

My thread

Avante
08-21-2012, 08:42 PM
Why do parents let their kids on the computer?

vander
08-21-2012, 08:44 PM
Why do parents let their kids on the computer?

yep that's another one you repeat a lot

Clipper Nation
08-21-2012, 08:53 PM
:cry Why do parents let their kids on the computer? :cry

I dunno, but your parents should probably be making you get off the computer and stop trolling....

Avante
08-21-2012, 08:54 PM
yep that's another one you repeat a lot

I wonder why?

Clipper Nation
08-21-2012, 08:55 PM
:cry I wonder why? :cry

Because you're an annoying parrot with no actual good comebacks, tbh....

Avante
08-21-2012, 08:56 PM
Because you're an annoying parrot with no actual good comebacks, tbh....

I'm not here worrying about comebacks that's for kids like you I'm here to talk football.

Clipper Nation
08-21-2012, 08:59 PM
:cry I'm not here worrying about comebacks that's for kids like you I'm here to talk football. :cry

You're only "just focused on talking football" because you can't flood the Club with more shit threads right now, B....

Avante
08-21-2012, 09:03 PM
You're only "just focused on talking football" because you can't flood the Club with more shit threads right now, B....

Then there's always....FOOTBALL IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!...ya reckon? Yeah I'd hate to have shitty threads, when we see...Spit or Swallow...you know the bar is set high.

Clipper Nation
08-21-2012, 09:05 PM
:cry Yeah I'd hate to have shitty threads, when we see...Spit or Swallow...you know the bar is set high. :cry

Admit it, you're just mad you can't start a thread about all the Singaporean hookers you paid to have sex with, B.....

Avante
08-21-2012, 09:09 PM
Admit it, you're just mad you can't start a thread about all the Singaporean hookers you paid to have sex with, B.....

Why not know of what you speak? You do it all the fucking time. Where did I say anything about being with Singapore hookers? Dude, do you make any attempt at all about paying attention?

Do you post threads, nope! Are you mad about it?

Clipper Nation
08-21-2012, 09:11 PM
:lol Welchvante
:lol Trying to deny that he had to pay for sex in a then third-world country
:lol Acid-dropping troll

Avante
08-21-2012, 09:15 PM
:lol Welchvante
:lol Trying to deny that he had to pay for sex in a then third-world country
:lol Acid-dropping troll

Ya feel pretty stupid don't ya? Where did I say anything about Singapore hookers dummy? Why lie? PAY ATTENTION TO WHAT IS SAID...ya fucking idiot.

Ok dude back to ignoring your dumbass. When you start making shit up..........

johnsmith
08-22-2012, 06:03 AM
Ya feel pretty stupid don't ya? Where did I say anything about Singapore hookers dummy? Why lie? PAY ATTENTION TO WHAT IS SAID...ya fucking idiot.

Ok dude back to ignoring your dumbass. When you start making shit up..........

It's funny to me that you're now pretending that you didn't sit there and imply that you paid for sex while overseas for a soli page in a the threesome thread. However, since you didn't come out and actually say it, you are leaning on the "what your definition of 'is' is" defense.

You're a clown with VD. Give it up.

johnsmith
08-22-2012, 06:05 AM
And you're right, I'm sure he does feel stupid.....I know I feel dumber every time I read one of your posts.

Avante
08-22-2012, 07:56 PM
It's funny to me that you're now pretending that you didn't sit there and imply that you paid for sex while overseas for a soli page in a the threesome thread. However, since you didn't come out and actually say it, you are leaning on the "what your definition of 'is' is" defense.

You're a clown with VD. Give it up.

We can talk about that at The Club. Make a thread (yeah right:rolleyes) about it and I'll tell you all you need to know. Here it's all about football, so talk football...ok?

Avante
08-22-2012, 07:57 PM
And you're right, I'm sure he does feel stupid.....I know I feel dumber every time I read one of your posts.

You are saying I don't know football?

J.T.
08-22-2012, 08:35 PM
You are saying I don't know football?

It's not about whether we recognize that you know football or not. Obviously any retarded monkey that can draw a picture of a dick with a Lite-Brite set can tell you've done your homework on the NFL and the other porch monkey sports that lend to being a good football player. Cue the golf clap.

What you don't recognize is that nobody else here cares to discuss football in the same vein that you do. For years we have turned this place into a vehicle to talk on lighter NFL topics, like why we think the 2012 Colts are a Super Bowl team, because despite the fact that we put on a very nice charade of hating each other, most of us are in the same little Spurstalk clique and view this as the NBA forum, just without all of the gayness. You'll notice that when anyone from downstairs tries to come down here to the bomb shelter, they're climbing that ladder back up very swiftly.

So if you're just here to "talk football," let's talk about football the way we always have. No one gives a shit about the 60s and world class speedsters around here. We just care about wins, losses and laughing when teams and players do stupid shit like tank a 19-0 season away in Week 16, lose the Super Bowl at 18-0, make three game losing fumbles in the NFC championship, beat their momma, come in here and root for the Jets when they're in the AFC championship after not being here at all before that point, you know, things like that. This is more of an after school NFL fanclub than the trivia game show you seem to be the only one competing in. I'm not trying to be an asshole, and if it comes off that way it was probably intentional, but Jesus Fuck bro, get a clue already.

Avante
08-22-2012, 08:46 PM
It's not about whether we recognize that you know football or not. Obviously any retarded monkey that can draw a picture of a dick with a Lite-Brite set can tell you've done your homework on the NFL and the other porch monkey sports that lend to being a good football player. Cue the golf clap.

What you don't recognize is that nobody else here cares to discuss football in the same vein that you do. For years we have turned this place into a vehicle to talk on lighter NFL topics, like why we think the 2012 Colts are a Super Bowl team, because despite the fact that we put on a very nice charade of hating each other, most of us are in the same little Spurstalk clique and view this as the NBA forum, just without all of the gayness. You'll notice that when anyone from downstairs tries to come down here to the bomb shelter, they're climbing that ladder back up very swiftly.

So if you're just here to "talk football," let's talk about football the way we always have. No one gives a shit about the 60s and world class speedsters around here. We just care about wins, losses and laughing when teams and players do stupid shit like tank a 19-0 season away in Week 16, lose the Super Bowl at 18-0, make three game losing fumbles in the NFC championship, beat their momma, come in here and root for the Jets when they're in the AFC championship after not being here at all before that point, you know, things like that. This is more of an after school NFL fanclub than the trivia game show you seem to be the only one competing in. I'm not trying to be an asshole, and if it comes off that way it was probably intentional, but Jesus Fuck bro, get a clue already.

Ok man no more speed talk, no more trivia, no more...once upon a time...talk. Keep it on the right now!

Cool?

benefactor
08-22-2012, 08:48 PM

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5jwffeFTo1qd3ino.gif

DPG21920
08-22-2012, 09:10 PM
JT, is that why Symple told me I don't belong here and called me a bad person?

Avante
08-22-2012, 09:18 PM

Dude, lets all be just alike, ok?

symple19
08-22-2012, 09:57 PM

http://gifninja.com/animatedgifs/127697/bochy-clap.gif

Avante
08-22-2012, 09:58 PM
Something tells me you go a little deeper than just "right now" don't you? I think you're just playing a long.

Avante
08-22-2012, 10:00 PM
I also post here.

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/forumdisplay.php?f=75

J.T.
08-22-2012, 11:58 PM

Probably, but I don't tell other people what to do around here. I just offer suggestions on how to be less of a dickhead. And nobody likes a dickhead. Except maybe your mom.

Avante
08-23-2012, 12:06 AM
Probably, but I don't tell other people what to do around here. I just offer suggestions on how to be less of a dickhead. And nobody likes a dickhead. Except maybe your mom.

We all bring something unique, thank God!!!!, very very boring being all the same. I'm the guy who saw Jimmy Brown, Johnny Unitas, Gale Sayers play. Grew up watching Y.A.Tittle, John Brodie, Joe Montana, Steve Young QB the Niners. Obviously I'm going to have a different take on things than somebody who saw their first game in 1992. If having that experience/knowledge is being a dickhead...sorry.

J.T.
08-23-2012, 03:41 AM
We all bring something unique, thank God!!!!, very very boring being all the same. I'm the guy who saw Jimmy Brown, Johnny Unitas, Gale Sayers play. Grew up watching Y.A.Tittle, John Brodie, Joe Montana, Steve Young QB the Niners. Obviously I'm going to have a different take on things than somebody who saw their first game in 1992. If having that experience/knowledge is being a dickhead...sorry.

I don't think you're a dickhead, Avante. I'm just a bandwagon hater and know how to use my words so if I see people I've been to war with on this forum hating on someone else, I like to come in and make what I affectionately refer to as "the shut-down post" because I come in there and basically write a book in which the main idea basically boils down to me berating you. Some people would say this is just my defense mechanism for all the abuse I've taken over the years. You know, like my dad beating me, kids making fun of me in school, not making the basketball team, dime piece girls saying they want to date me but always finding creative reasons to be unavailable when I actually do ask them out, getting boom croasted by the Mookie Crew on the reg, you know, standard-issue bullshit. One or more of these may or may not be true. They could all be false. But one is definitely the inverse of what actually happened. The simple truth is I don't really get much out of making fun of people on the internet. I just like to make other people laugh, and at this point in my illustrious career I like to think I do that to the extreme when I really put some effort into it. It's sad really, if you read my obituary one day and it doesn't mention something about me being on TV, writing for a show like South Park or just generally making money doing something that doesn't involve real work, then I wasted my fucking life. Some people who never roll alone would probably say I'm already wasting my life, but he's friends with a heroin addict and pill head, so pot meet kettle and what not.

We got a little carried away there. My bad. I was talking about the shut-down post. Like I was saying, I basically go all long-winded with diatribe until I think the jokes aren't funny anymore and then hit the post button. This is not one of those posts and I genuinely mean that. Sometimes I like to be informative and make long posts in that manner as well. Like when I need to explain why I'm quitting SpursTalk or what it's like to deal with witnessing one of your male friends getting high on cocaine and beating his girlfriend and how I just can't get my knuckles to stop hurting. Any suggestions? Oh and what's a good detergent to use for getting blood out of clothing?

I should probably see a shrink about these things but I just can't afford one. Plus SpursTalk is really therapy that money just can't buy. I don't really know what I'm trying to say anymore here so I'm going to cut this short and go back to watching things on Netflix but if this posts conveys any message whatsoever I want it to be that I don't think you're a dickhead. And cool story about seeing all those greats play. I saw Peyton Manning toss a couple balls to Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne worth six points apiece when he still wore the horseshoe so I can kind of relate. I definitely don't think of Andrew Luck the same way considering the fucker is younger than me and therefore eligible to be judged. Anywho, Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night.

johnsmith
08-23-2012, 07:59 AM
I don't think you're a dickhead, Avante. I'm just a bandwagon hater and know how to use my words so if I see people I've been to war with on this forum hating on someone else, I like to come in and make what I affectionately refer to as "the shut-down post" because I come in there and basically write a book in which the main idea basically boils down to me berating you. Some people would say this is just my defense mechanism for all the abuse I've taken over the years. You know, like my dad beating me, kids making fun of me in school, not making the basketball team, dime piece girls saying they want to date me but always finding creative reasons to be unavailable when I actually do ask them out, getting boom croasted by the Mookie Crew on the reg, you know, standard-issue bullshit. One or more of these may or may not be true. They could all be false. But one is definitely the inverse of what actually happened. The simple truth is I don't really get much out of making fun of people on the internet. I just like to make other people laugh, and at this point in my illustrious career I like to think I do that to the extreme when I really put some effort into it. It's sad really, if you read my obituary one day and it doesn't mention something about me being on TV, writing for a show like South Park or just generally making money doing something that doesn't involve real work, then I wasted my fucking life. Some people who never roll alone would probably say I'm already wasting my life, but he's friends with a heroin addict and pill head, so pot meet kettle and what not.

We got a little carried away there. My bad. I was talking about the shut-down post. Like I was saying, I basically go all long-winded with diatribe until I think the jokes aren't funny anymore and then hit the post button. This is not one of those posts and I genuinely mean that. Sometimes I like to be informative and make long posts in that manner as well. Like when I need to explain why I'm quitting SpursTalk or what it's like to deal with witnessing one of your male friends getting high on cocaine and beating his girlfriend and how I just can't get my knuckles to stop hurting. Any suggestions? Oh and what's a good detergent to use for getting blood out of clothing?

I should probably see a shrink about these things but I just can't afford one. Plus SpursTalk is really therapy that money just can't buy. I don't really know what I'm trying to say anymore here so I'm going to cut this short and go back to watching things on Netflix but if this posts conveys any message whatsoever I want it to be that I don't think you're a dickhead. And cool story about seeing all those greats play. I saw Peyton Manning toss a couple balls to Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne worth six points apiece when he still wore the horseshoe so I can kind of relate. I definitely don't think of Andrew Luck the same way considering the fucker is younger than me and therefore eligible to be judged. Anywho, Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night.

DPG21920
08-23-2012, 08:58 AM
Spaghetti, Spaghetti

Avante
08-23-2012, 10:33 AM

There we go, that post a great example of how things should be. It had nothing to do with anything but..you...yet I'm cool with it. I didn't have to read it. I'm sure in the hell not going to tell you what..."I"...need/expect. That's how it should work. Not.."do what I want"....which is so immature.

symple19
08-23-2012, 01:31 PM
crofl