08-03-2012, 05:46 PM
You mad homos????

Wild Cobra
08-03-2012, 06:21 PM
Now they're flaming mad homos!

Wild Cobra Kai
08-03-2012, 06:28 PM
You mad homos????

You're a day late, and a few dollars short, at least for fast food.

Trainwreck2100
08-03-2012, 06:53 PM
You're a day late, and a few dollars short, at least for fast food.

So you saying homos ain't mad at chick fil a no more?

Reck
08-03-2012, 06:56 PM
I'm tired of hearing about this bs.

Cant escape it.

Jacob1983
08-04-2012, 02:03 AM
What would gay hipsters do if all of a sudden, Apple came out with a new campaign slogan called "that's gay"? Do you honestly think homos would stop buying Iphones, Ipads, and Macs? Fuck no. They would still buy that shit.

TimDunkem
08-04-2012, 03:05 AM
Speaking of hipsters - I just saw some downtown yelling, "Support Chik-Fil-A!" from their car...:bang

DMC
08-04-2012, 12:12 PM
Pretty sure a lot of Gay folks don't give a shit about the politics of it all. They are who they are and it's how they've always been. They know nothing else. If they want a chicken sandwich, and there's Chick-fil-a nearby, they will get a chicken sandwich.

Everyone wants 1st Amendment rights and freedom until it offends them.

mrsmaalox
08-04-2012, 12:51 PM
Everyone should just do whatever feels right for them. Eat chicken or don't, it doesn't matter. The fat and apathetic of this country waaay outnumber those who give a shit on both sides combined; Chik-Fil-A will continue to do whatever they want and be successful AND same-sex marriage WILL happen and it will happen in our lifetimes.

DMX7
08-04-2012, 12:55 PM
I had Chick Fil A for lunch

You are so bold. I wouldn't want to fuck with you.

Destro
08-04-2012, 03:07 PM
I've only had Chick fil a on a toothpick in the mall. I didn't even know people actually paid for that stuff

Wild Cobra Kai
08-04-2012, 03:29 PM
So you saying homos ain't mad at chick fil a no more?

Are you Dan Cathy? You posted this as if you expected The Gays to be mad at you.

Leetonidas
08-04-2012, 04:04 PM
It's funny how everyone's up in arms over the owner of a national food chain that is closed on Sundays for religious reasons not condoning same-sex marriage. As if it wasn't implied to begin with :lol

Wild Cobra Kai
08-04-2012, 05:42 PM
It's funny how everyone's up in arms over the owner of a national food chain that is closed on Sundays for religious reasons not condoning same-sex marriage. As if it wasn't implied to begin with :lol

You bought the talking points. It isn't about his personal beliefs, it's about his company dumping large amounts of cash to organizations actively working (futilely) to stop gay marriage. If your opponent (Dan Cathy) mobilizes, and you don't mobilize back, you've lost that battle.

Smart Ass
08-04-2012, 07:46 PM
I had a couple of chicken sliders with some beans and cole slaw.

AFBlue
08-04-2012, 10:55 PM
Got a chicken sammich and it hit the spot.

thispego
08-04-2012, 11:22 PM
What kind of stupid douche schmuck gets the chick fil a sandwich?? It's nuggets or nothing, brah.

BRHornet45
08-04-2012, 11:23 PM
nuggets or strips with BBQ sauce

Jacob1983
08-05-2012, 01:52 AM
Yeah, I have to agree with the comedic ignorance and stupidity of people being shocked or surprised with Chick Fil A saying no to homos getting married. Seriously, are you that ignorant or stupid? They're fucking closed on Sunday so people can go to church. Did you honestly think they would be cheerleaders for gay marriage?

lakerhaterade
08-05-2012, 01:54 AM
Yeah, I have to agree with the comedic ignorance and stupidity of people being shocked or surprised with Chick Fil A saying no to homos getting married. Seriously, are you that ignorant or stupid? They're fucking closed on Sunday so people can go to church. Did you honestly think they would be cheerleaders for gay marriage?

Jacob being the voice of reason :wow

You go dude.

CubanSucks
08-05-2012, 03:30 AM
I've only had Chick fil a on a toothpick in the mall. I didn't even know people actually paid for that stuff

You really didn't know people paid for that stuff? I guess you assumed all Chick Fil A restaurants were magically open for business without getting any customers.

You bought the talking points. It isn't about his personal beliefs, it's about his company dumping large amounts of cash to organizations actively working (futilely) to stop gay marriage. If your opponent (Dan Cathy) mobilizes, and you don't mobilize back, you've lost that battle.

So the gays were "mobilized" long before this then, right? Or did Dan Cathy just suddenly start dumping cash into those organizations?

thispego
08-05-2012, 09:04 AM
sorry i don't eat reconstituted grit and stomach lining
Scrah that shit is whole white meat.

VBM
08-05-2012, 11:31 AM
What kind of stupid douche schmuck gets the chick fil a sandwich?? It's nuggets or nothing, brah.

Sandwich + 8-piece with large fries and beaucoup polynesian sauce. Gotta play 2 hours of basketball to work that off, but it's the meal of champions.

Proxy
08-05-2012, 11:51 AM
I'm wondering what the point of this thread is. Is an apathetic response to the situation mean that you're all above the drama?

Bottom line is no one should care about how someone decides to run their business. That being said, this anti-gay sentiment needs to die. If a business decides to take a bigoted stance on a human right, then by all means do I welcome the drama queens of the media to make it an issue.

Drachen
08-05-2012, 05:49 PM

They probably mistook the CFA ownership for the kind of Christians who listened to Christ's teachings instead of one single verse from leviticus. You are right though, Christians who care anything for Christ are exceedingly rare so that is a pretty dumb assumption to make .

Wild Cobra Kai
08-05-2012, 07:36 PM

Las Palapas and Hobby Lobby are also closed on Sundays. Neither one of them are attacking gay marriage.

"After numerous calls asking for comment, we believe that we need to clarify our position, especially since we are known as a Christian-based company," stated Debra Love, president of Hobby Lobby International. "Our core values call for respect for each other, our customers and our suppliers and for us to treat others as we would best like to be treated ourselves. We believe that we must demonstrate love for our fellow man as we are called upon to do as Christians. We respect our employees by offering a workplace that is free of judgment and bias, and one that gives everyone an opportunity to succeed and grow." Hobby Lobby does not discriminate with regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, sexual preference or any other basis protected by state or federal law."

DMX7
08-05-2012, 07:40 PM
I was going to go get me some Chick-Fil-A today, and I totally forgot they were closed on Sundays. Fucking lame. We should protest that shit. Open on Sundays, queers!

CubanSucks
08-05-2012, 08:09 PM
Las Palapas and Hobby Lobby are also closed on Sundays. Neither one of them are attacking gay marriage.

so is Little Caesars, what's your point?

" Hobby Lobby does not discriminate with regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, sexual preference or any other basis protected by state or federal law."

lol neither does chick fil a

I was going to go get me some Chick-Fil-A today, and I totally forgot they were closed on Sundays. Fucking lame. We should protest that shit. Open on Sundays, queers!

same here. I even had a coupon for a free chicken sandwich with the purchase of a meal, I was actually looking forward to it on my lazy day. Then I was taking a crap right before I was about to leave and it hit me :bang That's at least the second time that's happened

Wild Cobra Kai
08-05-2012, 09:08 PM
The point is that you used being closed on Sunday as a metric for someone who you should expect to oppose gay marriage. I blew holes the size of the Grand Canyon though your argument.

Paying someone else to discriminate for you is still discrimination.

Jacob1983
08-06-2012, 12:07 AM
How has Chick Fil A attacked gay marriage? What things has Chick Fil A done that has prevented homos and lesbos from being gay, having gay sex, and getting married in a handful of states in America? Where are the attacks? Where is the war? How many casualties have there been?

But again, true Christians should take a step back from this crap and do things that Jesus actually preached about. So stop bitching about homos and lesbos and just eat your damn fatty fat fatty fake chicken sandwich. Go do something productive and something that Jesus would be proud of like help a blind person cross a street, volunteer at a hospital or a veterans' hospital, work at a food bank, give a bum a couple of dollars, etc....

Helping someone that is less fortunate than you is far more important and productive than bitching over gay sex and gay people playing house and pretending they're like straight people.

The Reckoning
08-06-2012, 12:08 AM
i enjoy their waffle fries, especially if they were made by a straight person

Clipper Nation
08-06-2012, 12:10 AM
How has Chick Fil A attacked gay marriage? What things has Chick Fil A done that has prevented homos and lesbos from being gay, having gay sex, and getting married in a handful of states in America?
Look up where their corporate dollars are going to, B....

Jacob1983
08-06-2012, 12:13 AM
Wal Mart and Martha Stewart have sweat shops. Do you have a problem with that or only when the helpless weak homos are the so-called victims?

AussieFanKurt
08-06-2012, 12:35 AM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m89dl12HkV1r4vpxio1_500.jpg

Trainwreck2100
08-06-2012, 12:37 AM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m89dl12HkV1r4vpxio1_500.jpg

I know it wasn't the real cows that made that, because the real cows can't spell right

Jacob1983
08-06-2012, 12:40 AM
http://www.jokeemail.com/pictures/originality.jpg

CuckingFunt
08-06-2012, 12:59 AM
Wal Mart and Martha Stewart have sweat shops. Do you have a problem with that

Yes.

or only when the helpless weak homos are the so-called victims?

Do you support all of the companies that make contributions to causes you support? Or only the ones threatened with kiss-ins and pimped by Huckabee?

Stupid argument is stupid.

Jacob1983
08-06-2012, 01:01 AM
I don't really support any company because I have no stock in any company. I am not a saint or a holier than thou type. I was just stating the truth. I don't do volunteer work but I make monthly contributions to Goodwill and USO. I was mainly pointing out how people are hypocrites when it comes to boycotts or buycotts or doing these kiss in things.

CuckingFunt
08-06-2012, 01:08 AM
I don't really support any company because I have no stock in any company. I am not a saint or a holier than thou type. I was just stating the truth. I don't do volunteer work but I make monthly contributions to Goodwill and USO. I was mainly pointing out how people are hypocrites when it comes to boycotts or buycotts or doing these kiss in things.

And you would know they're hypocrites... how, exactly?

Jacob1983
08-06-2012, 01:14 AM
Because I know everything. Not really but one can dream.

I call them hypocrites because the pro Chick Fil A people are saying how they are fighting for freedom of speech and Christianity yet this is not helping anyone in my opinion. I call the kiss in participants hypocrites because gay people are furious that they are not allowed to get benefits, handouts, legal documents, and tax breaks from Uncle Sam yet they think kissing in public at a Chick Fil A will give them that? Are you fuckin' serious? Both sides of this issue are attention whores. The Bible thumpers that are bitching about homos and the homos and lesbos that are acting out just to get attention are doing more harm than good.

This Chick Fil A crap is just like the Occupy Wallstreet shit. Nothing good comes from it. Just a waste of time for everyone.

Drachen
08-06-2012, 07:47 AM
Because I know everything. Not really but one can dream.

I call them hypocrites because the pro Chick Fil A people are saying how they are fighting for freedom of speech and Christianity yet this is not helping anyone in my opinion. I call the kiss in participants hypocrites because gay people are furious that they are not allowed to get benefits, handouts, legal documents, and tax breaks from Uncle Sam yet they think kissing in public at a Chick Fil A will give them that? Are you fuckin' serious? Both sides of this issue are attention whores. The Bible thumpers that are bitching about homos and the homos and lesbos that are acting out just to get attention are doing more harm than good.

This Chick Fil A crap is just like the Occupy Wallstreet shit. Nothing good comes from it. Just a waste of time for everyone.

1st bold: what handouts?
2nd bold: you do realize that the entire point of a protest is to be an attention whore, don't you? You don't think that the sit in's at restaurants were for the purpose of sitting do you? You don't think that MLK (for example) thought that walking up a street with 1000 of his closest friends was going to desegregate did you?

Protesting is for the attention.

leemajors
08-06-2012, 07:54 AM

same here. I even had a coupon for a free chicken sandwich with the purchase of a meal, I was actually looking forward to it on my lazy day. Then I was taking a crap right before I was about to leave and it hit me :bang That's at least the second time that's happened

All the Little Caesars in Austin are open Sundays tbh.

Gordon Hayward
08-06-2012, 09:26 AM
You mad homos????

...Wild Cobra Kai immediately responds

gay abc
08-06-2012, 09:57 AM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/david-badash/chick-fil-a-5-reasons-it-isnt-what-you-think_b_1725237.html

Former GOP presidential candidate Mike Huckabee decreed Wednesday, Aug. 1, to be "Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day." The former Republican governor of Arkansas says he "has been incensed at the vitriolic assaults on the Chick Fil-A company because the CEO, Dan Cathy, made comments recently in which he affirmed his view that the Biblical view of marriage should be upheld."

Of course, not one word of that is accurate, not even that Dan Cathy is the CEO (his dad is), and if you're standing in line waiting for your chicken sandwich and waffle fries, why not take a moment to learn about what Chick-fil-A really does, and -- even if you're opposed to same-sex marriage -- what your money is buying.

Here are five reasons why Chick-fil-A isn't what you think:

1) Chick-fil-A has donated at least $5 million to organizations (including a certified hate group) that, among other things, depict gay people as pedophiles, want to make "gay behavior" illegal, and even say gay people should be "exported" out of America.

Even if you oppose same-sex marriage, do you really want to support a company that advocates putting gay people in jail, or "exporting" them, just because they're gay?

2) Chick-fil-A president Dan Cathy didn't merely say he supports traditional marriage. Dan Cathy said if you support gay marriage, you "are inviting God's judgment on our nation," and that we "shake our fist at Him" when we do. Dan Cathy also said same-sex marriage is the result of a "deprived" mind and called it "twisted up kind of stuff."

Even if you don't support same-sex marriage, do you really think gay marriage is "inviting God's judgment on our nation"? Haven't we all heard enough blame from those who claim to speak for the Lord, like after Katrina or, more recently, after the shooting in Aurora, Colo.?

3) Chick-fil-A supports organizations that have claimed they can change gay people into straight people -- "pray away the gay" -- despite the fact that practically every major medical organization has stated that this is not only impossible but dangerous and harmful.

Even if you don't support same-sex marriage, do you support fake "science" that is known to harm the very people it claims to help?

4) The media keep saying Chick-fil-A has never discriminated, but the truth is that Chick-fil-A has been sued over a dozen times for employment discrimination. That's what a leading business publication, Forbes, stated in 2007, when they also called Chick-fil-A a "cult" and reported that Chick-fil-A's founder and CEO Truett Cathy said he wanted to hire married people because they are more industrious and productive. Truett Cathy has also said he would probably fire someone who "has been sinful or done something harmful to their family members."

Even if you don't support same-sex marriage, do you want to support what some call a "cult" whose CEO says he would fire employees for "being sinful"?

5) Chick-fil-A is just exercising their First Amendment rights by running a business based on the Bible, right? Wrong. There's a line between the "free exercise of religion" and violating the law. If Chick-fil-A is violating the law by discriminating against gay people, or by firing women so that they can be "stay home" moms, as one woman who is suing Chick-fil-A says in court documents, that's not exercising religious expression or free speech, and that's not a First Amendment issue. It may be, if the court decides, a violation of the law.

Even if you don't support same-sex marriage, do you want to support a company that might fire women to force them to be "stay home" moms against their will?

There are plenty of good restaurants that are happy to work hard for your hard-earned dollar. Why support a company that is working so hard to deny people their rights?

xellos88330
08-06-2012, 11:21 AM
Some gay friends of mine got pissed at me for drinking a tea from chick fil a. I love their tea and its almost like crack to me. So, I am being lumped in with homophobes? What about my right to eat and drink wherever the fuck I want to? Just because I like their food doesn't mean I "support" their ideals.. it means I like their fucking food. If I didn't like their food, I wouldn't eat there and I wouldn't be a homophobe. If you are going to try to tell me where I should eat, you are not only denying the restaurants rights to conduct business as they desire, but you are also denying my right to eat lunch or wherever the fuck I want to without getting a fucking label put on me.

CubanSucks
08-06-2012, 11:33 AM
The point is that you used being closed on Sunday as a metric for someone who you should expect to oppose gay marriage. I blew holes the size of the Grand Canyon though your argument.

That wasn't me, cum buckets. Regardless, the person who did say that was just using it as one example. The larger point I believe was if these protesters are so passionate about this cause they sure as shit were pretty clueless before Dan Cathy made his comments, seeing as how there weren't any protests before.

Paying someone else to discriminate for you is still discrimination.

Discrimination as in who they'll serve their product to? nope

All the Little Caesars in Austin are open Sundays tbh.

lucky motherfuckers

I used them as an example because they were gonna be my second option after remembering chick fil a was closed. It was double disappointment yesterday

CuckingFunt
08-06-2012, 11:46 AM
Some gay friends of mine got pissed at me for drinking a tea from chick fil a. I love their tea and its almost like crack to me. So, I am being lumped in with homophobes? What about my right to eat and drink wherever the fuck I want to? Just because I like their food doesn't mean I "support" their ideals.. it means I like their fucking food. If I didn't like their food, I wouldn't eat there and I wouldn't be a homophobe. If you are going to try to tell me where I should eat, you are not only denying the restaurants rights to conduct business as they desire, but you are also denying my right to eat lunch or wherever the fuck I want to without getting a fucking label put on me.

If you're giving them your money, though, you are quite literally supporting their beliefs, since the whole kerfuffle started with the response to where Chick-Fil-A sends its profits. But that's fine and entirely your prerogative. Buying iced tea doesn't automatically make you a hateful homophobe.

I don't think the point of the initial protests was to demonize Chick-Fil-A customers, but instead to raise awareness of their business practices. To make clear what people are indirectly supporting when their patronage, so that they can then decide whether or not LGBT equality is an important enough issue to alter their eating habits. Which is merely forcing transparency so that informed consumers can make informed decisions about where they spend their money, and is hardly a new or radical concept. That it has turned into such a battle of half baked reactionary ideologies is ridiculous and shows people on both sides of the argument looking like idiots.

DisAsTerBot
08-06-2012, 12:38 PM
The larger point I believe was if these protesters are so passionate about this cause they sure as shit were pretty clueless before Dan Cathy made his comments, seeing as how there weren't any protests before.

it's all over the media so more people know. How is that so hard to grasp?

xellos88330
08-06-2012, 01:11 PM
If you're giving them your money, though, you are quite literally supporting their beliefs, since the whole kerfuffle started with the response to where Chick-Fil-A sends its profits. But that's fine and entirely your prerogative. Buying iced tea doesn't automatically make you a hateful homophobe.

I don't think the point of the initial protests was to demonize Chick-Fil-A customers, but instead to raise awareness of their business practices. To make clear what people are indirectly supporting when their patronage, so that they can then decide whether or not LGBT equality is an important enough issue to alter their eating habits. Which is merely forcing transparency so that informed consumers can make informed decisions about where they spend their money, and is hardly a new or radical concept. That it has turned into such a battle of half baked reactionary ideologies is ridiculous and shows people on both sides of the argument looking like idiots.

Now this is how a person should argue!!! :toast

I have no say on how they spend their money, and although I am being led to believe that a large portion of their profits go to anti-gay groups, I will still drink their tea. Why? It isn't because I am misinformed or am anti-gay, but they do give out scholarships to students and other charitable donations, that aren't anti-gay. I don't know where my $1.79 goes, but then again, you can't be sure that the money I spend is actually supporting the anti-gay groups. It could be supporting a student somewhere or a kid with kidney trouble. There is no way I can know. I can understand if the LGBT community want to boycott Chick Fil A and actually encourage it, but don't expect me to. There are good reasons to spend your money at Chick Fil A, and there are good reasons to not spend it there. If the pennies of profit that Chick Fil A gets from me goes to anti-equalities, my bad. If it goes to some poor kid somewhere that needs educational or medical assistance well then I guess I am an awesome guy. I made my choice based on one simple fact. I LOVE their tea. If it makes me ignorant, well then so be it.

CubanSucks
08-06-2012, 01:15 PM
it's all over the media so more people know. How is that so hard to grasp?

It's not. It's just shown how many weekend warriors there are. I don't share the same views as Cathy but I won't take part in a futile effort to hurt the successful business of a donator to anti gay marriage organizations. If gay marriage were made legal in all 50 states tomorrow it would have zero to do with this lame boycott

gay abc
08-06-2012, 01:19 PM
another good read:

http://www.owldolatrous.com/?p=288

This post is all I have to say about the Chick-Fil-A controversy. It sums up various posts on the issue and various points made by my friends and I. From now own, rather than spend time debating this issue person by person, I’m going to point people here.

My hope here is to find common ground with those who have disagreed with me on the issue, and maybe to persuade. It’s not to ridicule or to best.

So, in the interest of common ground, let’s start here: I acknowledge the absurdity of all this debate.

It’s definitely strange to have days-long Facebook debates flare up everywhere over a chicken sandwich. The anger, sarcasm, and hurt feelings on display seem strange or even laughable because most people have seen Chick-Fil-A as just a restaurant with a funny ad campaign. I’ll get into some of the whys and wherefores of that later. But, for now, let’s just say that, yes. It can seem ridiculous to get all worked up over fast-food chicken.

Let’s also agree that this isn’t about curtailing anyone’s rights under First Amendment. The Constitution is a legal document. This is not a legal argument. No one is arguing that Chik-fil-A CEO Dan Cathy should be put in prison, or silenced, or censored by the government. This has nothing to do with government censorship or government abridgment of Freedom of Speech. So don’t worry: the ability of this millionaire to legally spend his millions as he sees fit is not in jeopardy. You need not defend it.

Now, let’s get to the nitty-gritty of things. Please read carefully. These things have been said before, but not by me, and not all in one place. Please read with an open mind. If you can’t read with an open mind, please leave, take a minute, come back, and try again. If you can’t do that, then please don’t bother. Please read all of the words here, rather than just reading half of the argument and assuming you know what I’m saying. Read these words as they are written. Again, if you don’t want to read my words, then don’t continue.

So here goes:

1. This isn’t simply about marriage. Shocker, right? It’s extremely frustrating that same-sex marriage is the great continental divide. People are judged according to how they stand on this issue, as if no other issue matters. Did you know that a person can be for same-sex marriage and still be homophobic? Did you know that a person can be against same-sex marriage and be gay? We all get categorized very quickly based on the marriage issue and maybe that’s not fair. But here’s what you should know:

- In 29 states in America today, my partner of 18 years, Cody, or I could be fired for being gay. Period. No questions asked. One of those states is Louisiana, our home state. We live in self-imposed exile from beloved homeland, family, and friends, in part, because of this legal restriction on our ability to live our lives together.

- In 75 countries in the world, being gay is illegal. In many, the penalty is life in prison. These are countries we can’t openly visit. In 9 countries, being gay is punishable by death. In many others, violence against gays is tacitly accepted by the authorities. These are countries where we would be killed. Killed.

- Two organizations that work very hard to maintain this status quo and roll back any protections that we may have are the Family Research Council and the Marriage & Family Foundation. For example, the Family Research council leadership has officially stated that same-gender-loving behavior should be criminalized in this country. They draw their pay, in part, from the donations of companies like Chick-Fil-A. Both groups have also done “missionary” work abroad that served to strengthen and promote criminalization of same-sex relations.

- Chick-Fil-A has given roughly $5M to these organizations to support their work.

- Chick-Fil-A’s money comes from the profits they make when you purchase their products.

2. This isn’t about mutual tolerance because there’s nothing mutual about it. If we agree to disagree on this issue, you walk away a full member of this society and I don’t. There is no “live and let live” on this issue because Dan Cathy is spending millions to very specifically NOT let me live. I’m not trying to do that to him.

Asking for “mutual tolerance” on this like running up to a bully beating a kid to death on the playground and scolding them both for not getting along. I’m not trying to dissolve Mr. Cathy’s marriage or make his sex illegal. I’m not trying to make him a second-class citizen, or get him killed. He’s doing that to me, folks; I’m just fighting back.

All your life, you’re told to stand up to bullies, but when WE do it, we’re told WE are the ones being intolerant? Well, okay. Yes. I refuse to tolerate getting my ass kicked. “Guilty as charged.”

But what are you guilty of? When you see a bully beating up a smaller kid and you don’t take a side, then you ARE taking a side. You’re siding with the bully. And when you cheer him on, you’re revealing something about your own character that really is a shame.

3. This isn’t about Jesus. I have a lot of Christian friends. Most of them are of the liberal variety, it’s true, but even this concept seems lost on some of you. Most of them are pro-LGBT rights. Pro-gay and Pro-Christ are NOT mutually exclusive. They never have been, in the history of Christianity, though it’s been difficult at times. It’s not impossible to be both.

If someone is telling you it is, then maybe you should wonder why they’d do that. I see divorced Christians, remarried Christians, drug addict Christians. I see people with WWJD bracelets bumping and grinding on TV and raking in millions to do it. I see greedy, rapacious, vengeful people who are Christians. And these people are accepted in the Church, and the Church does very little to combat them. Sometimes it seems like being gay is the ONLY thing certain modern Christian movements won’t allow. Why’s that, I wonder?

Jesus had almost nothing to say about sexual behavior of any kind. He was too busy teaching more important things. Empathy is at the heart of his teachings. “Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.” Remember that? It’s in red. So let’s examine that:

4. If things were reversed, I’d stand up for you.

Please think about this: How would you feel if KFC came out tomorrow and said they were spending money against equality for Asian Americans, or African Americans, or religious people? Really. Think about it. What would you do? How would you feel? How would you feel if, after their announcement, there was a big increase in KFC sales and I was all over Facebook supporting KFC. Please stop reading right now and imagine this. I’m serious.

You can stop now because it’s ludicrous. It would never happen.

Oh, I don’t mean the part about KFC being against some group. That COULD happen. I mean the part about me supporting them. Let me tell you something, and you can damn well believe it: I’d sign on for the boycott IMMEDIATELY.

Why? Well, because I believe in equality for all people, that’s why. But also, personally, from the bottom of my heart: because you are my friend, and I don’t willingly support people who harm you for just being you. How could I? How could I, really? But, more importantly for our purposes, how could you?

Seriously, how could you? What has Chick-Fil-A ever done for you? Sold you some fatty chicken at a ridiculous mark-up? Made you chuckle at semi-literate cartoon cows? You mean more to me than KFC possibly could. If I, in turn, don’t mean more to you than a chicken sandwich from Chik-Fil-A–if my life, my quality of life, and my dignity are such afterthoughts to you that you’d not only refuse the boycott, but go out of your way to support someone who was hurting me? if I let this stand, if I don’t stand up to the bullies and if I let my friends egg the bullies on, what does that make me?

Well, it makes me a Chikin.

Yeah, so suddenly it is cause for anger, ridiculous or not.

But I’m not going to stop being Facebook friends with anyone over this issue.

Instead, I will remain. And, when you see my face with my partner’s in my profile, maybe you will examine not simply what your opinions are about gay people, or gay marriage, or the first amendment, even; maybe you’ll examine not merely your opinions but your values. What is friendship to you? What is loyalty? How important are human life and dignity to you? Are they more important than fitting in with your social group? Are they more important than loyalty to a corporate brand, or a political party, or some misguided church teaching?

That’s why we’re so angry. This is personal for us. There are times in your life when you have the opportunity to stand up for your friends. When you let that opportunity pass, your friends notice. It doesn’t mean we can’t be friends, but it diminishes you, and it diminishes the friendship. That’s how it is, no matter what the issue or what the venue.

So stand up. Stand up for us. Do the right thing. You don’t have to agree with us on everything, but repudiate Chick-Fil-A. Unlike them on Facebook. Withdraw your support for them. Join us in the boycott. If you can’t do that, then please ask yourself whether I’m your friend. In fact, ask yourself whether anyone is.

This is all I have to say. If you’d like to debate the issue further, I’ll do it, but I’m not going to go around and around on the same points. If you’re just going to repeat yourself, save us both some time. If you haven’t taken the time to actually read this carefully and actually consider carefully what I’ve said, then I see no reason to waste further words.

The ball is in your court. Again, I urge you to do the right thing.

CubanSucks
08-06-2012, 01:31 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/david-badash/chick-fil-a-5-reasons-it-isnt-what-you-think_b_1725237.html

Former GOP presidential candidate Mike Huckabee decreed Wednesday, Aug. 1, to be "Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day." The former Republican governor of Arkansas says he "has been incensed at the vitriolic assaults on the Chick Fil-A company because the CEO, Dan Cathy, made comments recently in which he affirmed his view that the Biblical view of marriage should be upheld."

Of course, not one word of that is accurate, not even that Dan Cathy is the CEO (his dad is), and if you're standing in line waiting for your chicken sandwich and waffle fries, why not take a moment to learn about what Chick-fil-A really does, and -- even if you're opposed to same-sex marriage -- what your money is buying.

Here are five reasons why Chick-fil-A isn't what you think:

1) Chick-fil-A has donated at least $5 million to organizations (including a certified hate group) that, among other things, depict gay people as pedophiles, want to make "gay behavior" illegal, and even say gay people should be "exported" out of America.

Even if you oppose same-sex marriage, do you really want to support a company that advocates putting gay people in jail, or "exporting" them, just because they're gay?

2) Chick-fil-A president Dan Cathy didn't merely say he supports traditional marriage. Dan Cathy said if you support gay marriage, you "are inviting God's judgment on our nation," and that we "shake our fist at Him" when we do. Dan Cathy also said same-sex marriage is the result of a "deprived" mind and called it "twisted up kind of stuff."

Even if you don't support same-sex marriage, do you really think gay marriage is "inviting God's judgment on our nation"? Haven't we all heard enough blame from those who claim to speak for the Lord, like after Katrina or, more recently, after the shooting in Aurora, Colo.?

3) Chick-fil-A supports organizations that have claimed they can change gay people into straight people -- "pray away the gay" -- despite the fact that practically every major medical organization has stated that this is not only impossible but dangerous and harmful.

Even if you don't support same-sex marriage, do you support fake "science" that is known to harm the very people it claims to help?

4) The media keep saying Chick-fil-A has never discriminated, but the truth is that Chick-fil-A has been sued over a dozen times for employment discrimination. That's what a leading business publication, Forbes, stated in 2007, when they also called Chick-fil-A a "cult" and reported that Chick-fil-A's founder and CEO Truett Cathy said he wanted to hire married people because they are more industrious and productive. Truett Cathy has also said he would probably fire someone who "has been sinful or done something harmful to their family members."

Even if you don't support same-sex marriage, do you want to support what some call a "cult" whose CEO says he would fire employees for "being sinful"?

5) Chick-fil-A is just exercising their First Amendment rights by running a business based on the Bible, right? Wrong. There's a line between the "free exercise of religion" and violating the law. If Chick-fil-A is violating the law by discriminating against gay people, or by firing women so that they can be "stay home" moms, as one woman who is suing Chick-fil-A says in court documents, that's not exercising religious expression or free speech, and that's not a First Amendment issue. It may be, if the court decides, a violation of the law.

Even if you don't support same-sex marriage, do you want to support a company that might fire women to force them to be "stay home" moms against their will?

There are plenty of good restaurants that are happy to work hard for your hard-earned dollar. Why support a company that is working so hard to deny people their rights?

another good read:

http://www.owldolatrous.com/?p=288

This post is all I have to say about the Chick-Fil-A controversy. It sums up various posts on the issue and various points made by my friends and I. From now own, rather than spend time debating this issue person by person, I’m going to point people here.

My hope here is to find common ground with those who have disagreed with me on the issue, and maybe to persuade. It’s not to ridicule or to best.

So, in the interest of common ground, let’s start here: I acknowledge the absurdity of all this debate.

It’s definitely strange to have days-long Facebook debates flare up everywhere over a chicken sandwich. The anger, sarcasm, and hurt feelings on display seem strange or even laughable because most people have seen Chick-Fil-A as just a restaurant with a funny ad campaign. I’ll get into some of the whys and wherefores of that later. But, for now, let’s just say that, yes. It can seem ridiculous to get all worked up over fast-food chicken.

Let’s also agree that this isn’t about curtailing anyone’s rights under First Amendment. The Constitution is a legal document. This is not a legal argument. No one is arguing that Chik-fil-A CEO Dan Cathy should be put in prison, or silenced, or censored by the government. This has nothing to do with government censorship or government abridgment of Freedom of Speech. So don’t worry: the ability of this millionaire to legally spend his millions as he sees fit is not in jeopardy. You need not defend it.

Now, let’s get to the nitty-gritty of things. Please read carefully. These things have been said before, but not by me, and not all in one place. Please read with an open mind. If you can’t read with an open mind, please leave, take a minute, come back, and try again. If you can’t do that, then please don’t bother. Please read all of the words here, rather than just reading half of the argument and assuming you know what I’m saying. Read these words as they are written. Again, if you don’t want to read my words, then don’t continue.

So here goes:

1. This isn’t simply about marriage. Shocker, right? It’s extremely frustrating that same-sex marriage is the great continental divide. People are judged according to how they stand on this issue, as if no other issue matters. Did you know that a person can be for same-sex marriage and still be homophobic? Did you know that a person can be against same-sex marriage and be gay? We all get categorized very quickly based on the marriage issue and maybe that’s not fair. But here’s what you should know:

- In 29 states in America today, my partner of 18 years, Cody, or I could be fired for being gay. Period. No questions asked. One of those states is Louisiana, our home state. We live in self-imposed exile from beloved homeland, family, and friends, in part, because of this legal restriction on our ability to live our lives together.

- In 75 countries in the world, being gay is illegal. In many, the penalty is life in prison. These are countries we can’t openly visit. In 9 countries, being gay is punishable by death. In many others, violence against gays is tacitly accepted by the authorities. These are countries where we would be killed. Killed.

- Two organizations that work very hard to maintain this status quo and roll back any protections that we may have are the Family Research Council and the Marriage & Family Foundation. For example, the Family Research council leadership has officially stated that same-gender-loving behavior should be criminalized in this country. They draw their pay, in part, from the donations of companies like Chick-Fil-A. Both groups have also done “missionary” work abroad that served to strengthen and promote criminalization of same-sex relations.

- Chick-Fil-A has given roughly $5M to these organizations to support their work.

- Chick-Fil-A’s money comes from the profits they make when you purchase their products.

2. This isn’t about mutual tolerance because there’s nothing mutual about it. If we agree to disagree on this issue, you walk away a full member of this society and I don’t. There is no “live and let live” on this issue because Dan Cathy is spending millions to very specifically NOT let me live. I’m not trying to do that to him.

Asking for “mutual tolerance” on this like running up to a bully beating a kid to death on the playground and scolding them both for not getting along. I’m not trying to dissolve Mr. Cathy’s marriage or make his sex illegal. I’m not trying to make him a second-class citizen, or get him killed. He’s doing that to me, folks; I’m just fighting back.

All your life, you’re told to stand up to bullies, but when WE do it, we’re told WE are the ones being intolerant? Well, okay. Yes. I refuse to tolerate getting my ass kicked. “Guilty as charged.”

But what are you guilty of? When you see a bully beating up a smaller kid and you don’t take a side, then you ARE taking a side. You’re siding with the bully. And when you cheer him on, you’re revealing something about your own character that really is a shame.

3. This isn’t about Jesus. I have a lot of Christian friends. Most of them are of the liberal variety, it’s true, but even this concept seems lost on some of you. Most of them are pro-LGBT rights. Pro-gay and Pro-Christ are NOT mutually exclusive. They never have been, in the history of Christianity, though it’s been difficult at times. It’s not impossible to be both.

If someone is telling you it is, then maybe you should wonder why they’d do that. I see divorced Christians, remarried Christians, drug addict Christians. I see people with WWJD bracelets bumping and grinding on TV and raking in millions to do it. I see greedy, rapacious, vengeful people who are Christians. And these people are accepted in the Church, and the Church does very little to combat them. Sometimes it seems like being gay is the ONLY thing certain modern Christian movements won’t allow. Why’s that, I wonder?

Jesus had almost nothing to say about sexual behavior of any kind. He was too busy teaching more important things. Empathy is at the heart of his teachings. “Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.” Remember that? It’s in red. So let’s examine that:

4. If things were reversed, I’d stand up for you.

Please think about this: How would you feel if KFC came out tomorrow and said they were spending money against equality for Asian Americans, or African Americans, or religious people? Really. Think about it. What would you do? How would you feel? How would you feel if, after their announcement, there was a big increase in KFC sales and I was all over Facebook supporting KFC. Please stop reading right now and imagine this. I’m serious.

You can stop now because it’s ludicrous. It would never happen.

Oh, I don’t mean the part about KFC being against some group. That COULD happen. I mean the part about me supporting them. Let me tell you something, and you can damn well believe it: I’d sign on for the boycott IMMEDIATELY.

Why? Well, because I believe in equality for all people, that’s why. But also, personally, from the bottom of my heart: because you are my friend, and I don’t willingly support people who harm you for just being you. How could I? How could I, really? But, more importantly for our purposes, how could you?

Seriously, how could you? What has Chick-Fil-A ever done for you? Sold you some fatty chicken at a ridiculous mark-up? Made you chuckle at semi-literate cartoon cows? You mean more to me than KFC possibly could. If I, in turn, don’t mean more to you than a chicken sandwich from Chik-Fil-A–if my life, my quality of life, and my dignity are such afterthoughts to you that you’d not only refuse the boycott, but go out of your way to support someone who was hurting me? if I let this stand, if I don’t stand up to the bullies and if I let my friends egg the bullies on, what does that make me?

Well, it makes me a Chikin.

Yeah, so suddenly it is cause for anger, ridiculous or not.

But I’m not going to stop being Facebook friends with anyone over this issue.

Instead, I will remain. And, when you see my face with my partner’s in my profile, maybe you will examine not simply what your opinions are about gay people, or gay marriage, or the first amendment, even; maybe you’ll examine not merely your opinions but your values. What is friendship to you? What is loyalty? How important are human life and dignity to you? Are they more important than fitting in with your social group? Are they more important than loyalty to a corporate brand, or a political party, or some misguided church teaching?

That’s why we’re so angry. This is personal for us. There are times in your life when you have the opportunity to stand up for your friends. When you let that opportunity pass, your friends notice. It doesn’t mean we can’t be friends, but it diminishes you, and it diminishes the friendship. That’s how it is, no matter what the issue or what the venue.

So stand up. Stand up for us. Do the right thing. You don’t have to agree with us on everything, but repudiate Chick-Fil-A. Unlike them on Facebook. Withdraw your support for them. Join us in the boycott. If you can’t do that, then please ask yourself whether I’m your friend. In fact, ask yourself whether anyone is.

This is all I have to say. If you’d like to debate the issue further, I’ll do it, but I’m not going to go around and around on the same points. If you’re just going to repeat yourself, save us both some time. If you haven’t taken the time to actually read this carefully and actually consider carefully what I’ve said, then I see no reason to waste further words.

The ball is in your court. Again, I urge you to do the right thing.

we all know how to use the internet, take it easy on the copypasta

gay abc
08-06-2012, 01:35 PM
we all know how to use the internet, take it easy on the copypasta

:lmao

xellos88330
08-06-2012, 01:54 PM
I think the LGBT community is too strong to let a corporation bring it down. There are simply too many of them. Womens rights were granted, slavery abolished, civil rights movement was a success and every single one of those groups were up against powerful corporations funding anti-equality groups. Yet the oppressed won each time. The LBGT community has a high profile and has a place in pop culture now. I mean you have songs like "I kissed a girl and I liked it" going platinum, gay characters on television, and all types of inuendo involving same sex partnership. There is so much exposure for gays and such that no amount of money I spend or anyone else for that matter can do to stop it. The younger generations are becoming comfortable with LGBT community and that is what really matters. They are the ones who decide as they will be voters.

This whole deal about Chick Fil A is an important issue sure, but it is just another step in the right direction for LGBT's everywhere. Stay strong and you will get what you want. It may not happen overnight, but it will happen.

EDIT: I mean hell, you already have my vote lol!!! LBGT's are fun people to hang out with.

DisAsTerBot
08-06-2012, 02:25 PM
It's just shown how many weekend warriors there are.

or it shows that they are now informed. weird, right?!

CubanSucks
08-06-2012, 04:25 PM
or it shows that they are now informed. weird, right?!

We're going in circles.

If I cared so much about a cause as they appear to I would've already known about a donator to multiple organizations that go against my interests being the owner of a large corporation.

howbouthemspurs
08-07-2012, 01:19 AM
Chick-fil-a is awesome! It sucks I cant eat there no more. Mainly because the closes one to me is 30 miles away. ......Plus the COO and president is a tool and wont admit that he's still in the closet pretending to be a homophob to make money. He knows what hes doing.

CubanSucks
08-07-2012, 12:45 PM
Plus the COO and president is a tool and wont admit that he's still in the closet pretending to be a homophob to make money. He knows what hes doing.

:rolleyes I'm so fucking sick of this cliche.

Trainwreck2100
08-07-2012, 01:50 PM
:rolleyes I'm so fucking sick of this cliche.

it makes sense though, cause all the racist whities that don't like blacks......are secretly black

Trainwreck2100
08-08-2012, 12:38 AM
sons went to chick fil A today. I don't normally eat hate, but when I do I prefer it with polynesian sauce

Jacob1983
08-08-2012, 03:58 AM
This shit will lose interest in a week or two. Book it. People are already losing attention on the Colorado movie theater shooting.