PDA

View Full Version : Any Takers on Blatche?

Russo21
08-04-2012, 05:04 AM
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/eye-on-basketball/19720849/andray-blatche-is-drawing-virtually-zero-interest-so-far

We should seriously try to sign this dickhead. Averaged 17pts 8reb 1.5stl 0.8blocks in 2011 and nobody wants him?

Under the tuition of one Tim Duncan and the professional Spurs organisation he could make something of his career. We need his 6'11" 260lbs frame and the 2011 performing Blatche. Blatche needs a team like the spurs to stay in and be relevant in the league instead of wasted talent more likely to end up in prison. He knows he can score, get him to concentrate on rebounding and defense and just scoring within the flow of the game. He's massive and has game, we need that.

If he acts like a fuckwit, cut him and forget about him. No big loss. But if we can nurture him he could thrive in our environment and be a whole lot of help trying to get this mythical 5th ring. Take the risk RC.

Obstructed_View
08-04-2012, 09:33 AM
Agreed.

Wild Cobra Kai
08-04-2012, 09:55 AM
Slow season. Nothing much is going to happen with ANY players since most teams have committed their big dollars and only have minimum exceptions and slices of the MLE left. You won't see much action on anyone until close to training camp time in September, and in some cases, during training camp. Not sure why Blatche isn't picking a team and signing for the minimum. He's already being well paid for the next 3 years, and there is a punitive confiscation of a percentage (50?) of anything above minimum to assist Washington in paying his dumb ass anyway.

I doubt the Spurs would sign him, but if they did, it would be on the Jack plan. Most people don't remember, but Jack signed originally in 2001-2002 for two years. No one heard of him until the Ring year, but he was here the season before. The reason they didn't remember him being here is that he barely played: 23 games, a shade under 10 minutes per game. They had to teach him how to be a Spur before they taught him the plays.

The one thing I do remember from Jack's first season was that during a timeout at Utah, as the teams were crossing to go to their benches, he was barking at Malone. At the time, I was wondering what hospital Karl was going to put him into, but Malone must have looked at the 6'8" muscular guard with the crazy eyes, and thought better of it. He never touched him for the rest of the season, or the next two before he retired.

Andthentherewas21
08-04-2012, 10:28 AM
http://www.hoopsworld.com/source-several-teams-eyeing-andray-blatche/

Not much info in that by-line, but I can't imagine a GM with any brains letting Blatche near a young up-and-coming team after the Wizards. Its pretty clear he isn't cut out for the leadership role on a team, and would do a lot better with a veteran team

Fabbs
08-04-2012, 11:11 AM
"He's a versatile power forward that can shoot, pass and rebound."
This goes against every tenet of Poops core value system for a PF to help Timmy Dunks.

Since he was released can he be signed for any $ amount?

Wild Cobra Kai
08-04-2012, 11:27 AM
This goes against every tenet of Poops core value system for a PF to help Timmy Dunks.

You don't read the threads you post in much, do you?

Fabbs
08-04-2012, 11:40 AM
I have no idea how much Blatche can or cannot be signed for.
Here's some info:

According to a source close to (Andray) Blatche, the seven-year veteran has several teams after him. He could be open to the veteran’s minimum because no matter how much he signs for, he’ll still collect $7.1 million next season from the Wizards after getting amnestied. There are also some insiders who predict he’ll go to a situation where he can start for an up-and-coming team, so he can boost his profile and then look for an eight-figure salary next offseason.

maverick1948
08-04-2012, 12:21 PM

Here's some info:

According to a source close to (Andray) Blatche, the seven-year veteran has several teams after him. He could be open to the veteran’s minimum because no matter how much he signs for, he’ll still collect $7.1 million next season from the Wizards after getting amnestied. There are also some insiders who predict he’ll go to a situation where he can start for an up-and-coming team, so he can boost his profile and then look for an eight-figure salary next offseason.

Looking at what he has done playing BBall, I think he would make an interesting pickup for the minimum. I have seen too many players who were on losing teams go thru the motions of playing. In 2010, Blatche played his butt off trying to lead the team. Sometimes, everybody disagrees with the coach. If speaking out makes you a headcase, then their are headcases that start with Lebron and Kobe. They have spoken out about the coaching. Kobe even had words with PJ at times. But with a team with a solid veteran core, Blatche could learn more in 1 season than he has in the 7 years he has been in the NBA. 3 playoff seasons to start his career when the teams were barely .500 seasons. Then the teams started downhill and averaged 22 win a season for the last 4 years. Not a sterling job done by the front office in Washington.

Maybe with a year with Timmy, Manu, Tony and our future leaders, Blatche might become a cornerstone for the future as he is just reaching his prime. I dont see a problem with adding him as much as I see the lack of funds to do it. A trade of Blair and Neal could add to the available funds we have to pay him.

Maybe someone who knows the Amnesty clause rules could tell us how much we would have to pay to get him.

:toast

DMC
08-04-2012, 12:29 PM
It's all about who's face you want to see in a Spurs uniform, because none of these guys are going to make a difference in the grand scheme.

my2sons
08-04-2012, 12:40 PM

ya that tim duncan is a one dimensional power forward...dang poop

Andthentherewas21
08-04-2012, 12:40 PM
Maybe someone who knows the Amnesty clause rules could tell us how much we would have to pay to get him.

He cleared waivers so he is a free agent. He can sign for as low as the vet min. or as high as whatever someone offers him. Its up to him (and his agent). But it sounds like he is looking for playing time so he can get a big contract next year which probably takes the Spurs out of it.

However given its being reported that he wants to join an up-and-coming team and get playing time, I don't know what GM would risk halting the progress of a rising team with Blatche after the way he was in DC these past few years.

Andthentherewas21
08-04-2012, 12:42 PM
ya that tim duncan is a one dimensional power forward...dang poop

Think he was referring to the people acquired to play alongside Duncan. Hence the "help Timmy Dunks" reference

Fabbs
08-04-2012, 12:55 PM
Think he was referring to the people acquired to play alongside Duncan. Hence the "help Timmy Dunks" reference
Bingo.
And for all intents and purposes Duncs has been playing a majority amount of time as Center in Poopobittys offense for the past 5 years. Cause we couldn't have Splitter and Duncan play together you know. :depressed

venitian navigator
08-04-2012, 01:12 PM
A rebuilding team would be fool to offer Blatche a one year contract just for let him accumulate stats that could bring him a contract with more millions per year than the ones he's already making via amnesty.
No team in the world would have amnestied a young player with his numbers if he wasn't considered a total head case with bad influence on the younger guys.
If it's true that he already has offers for the minimum it will be up to him decide the team to play for but I see him just like a bet...and if he want to improve as a player (and improve in general) SA, if Pop is ready to take then bet, could be one of the best choices he could make...

That said, I see this like a quite impossible thing to happen...

Juggity
08-04-2012, 03:39 PM
Under the tuition

*tutelage

jaffies
08-04-2012, 05:07 PM
*tutelage
I thought 'tuition' was correct, but I received my tutelage in the Rio Grande Valley, so I'm not sure.

therealtruth
08-04-2012, 09:27 PM
http://www.hoopsworld.com/source-several-teams-eyeing-andray-blatche/

Not much info in that by-line, but I can't imagine a GM with any brains letting Blatche near a young up-and-coming team after the Wizards. Its pretty clear he isn't cut out for the leadership role on a team, and would do a lot better with a veteran team

That explains the lack of interest. Like you said no young and up-and-coming team wants him to retard their growth. The veteran teams probably think he won't fit because he wants a starting role and minutes to play for his next contract. His best option might be saying he's willing to come off the bench and play any role.

08-05-2012, 04:18 PM
usually, players like him are done and will be forever mediocre. but there's that 1/10 chance...

Wild Cobra Kai
08-05-2012, 04:46 PM
usually, players like him are done and will be forever mediocre. but there's that 1/10 chance...

The rehab would require that he knows he has issues and wants to fix them. He still only seems interested in getting paid, not realizing that would automatically follow growing up and getting his shit together. He seems to want to skip that part, though, not realizing that even now, that could cost him tens of millions in future earnings.

callo1
08-05-2012, 09:28 PM
I am for adding him. There is no doubt that he has the length and athletic ability...pretty decent shot blocker and can even toss out some assists.

With Timmy by his side, I think he would do well.

Fabbs
08-05-2012, 10:01 PM
Who would have to think about taking a *gamble* on Blatche vs BonBon? :lol

:pop: oh :depressed

spurs1990
08-05-2012, 10:53 PM
I thought 'tuition' was correct, but I received my tutelage in the Rio Grande Valley, so I'm not sure.

Per Websters:
tu·i·tion   [too-ish-uhn, tyoo-]
noun
1. the charge or fee for instruction, as at a private school or a college or university
2. teaching or instruction, as of pupils

Props to you and the OP. I was thinking tutelage as well.

Fabbs
01-08-2013, 08:43 AM
11/6 aves in only 20 minutes with a PER of 23.
Stats Guy, others what do you think?

With Brooklyn now.
854K vs 4 million for Matty Bonner. :pop:

timvp
01-08-2013, 01:34 PM
11/6 aves in only 20 minutes with a PER of 23.
Stats Guy, others what do you think?

With Brooklyn now.
854K vs 4 million for Matty Bonner. :pop:

He's also just been accused of rape.

Bump fail, tbh.

Mel_13
01-08-2013, 01:34 PM
Nets’ Andray Blatche questioned by Philly police as potential witness in alleged sexual assault

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/nets-andray-blatche-apparently-questioned-philly-police-potential-180611211--nba.html

timvp
01-08-2013, 01:43 PM
^ Witness and not a suspect this time. Good news for him. But he still obviously isn't exactly putting himself in healthful positions off the court.

will_spurs
01-08-2013, 02:14 PM
^ Witness and not a suspect this time. Good news for him. But he still obviously isn't exactly putting himself in healthful positions off the court.

That's still a lot of money for a sandwich blog.

temujin
01-08-2013, 03:37 PM
IQ comparable to that of watermelon.
Basketball IQ, of course..........

Fabbs
01-08-2013, 06:22 PM
He's also just been accused of rape.

Bump fail, tbh.
NBA player accused of rape. That's team disrupting and career ending. No way he could get a scuzball atturny to make this go away.

Fabbs
01-08-2013, 06:27 PM
But he still obviously isn't exactly putting himself in healthful positions off the court.
This guy has been stellar off the court since the Spurs started giving him 12 and 1/2 million a year.
http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/nba-superstar-tony-parker-injured-glass-fracas-rihanna-w-p-club-article-1.1096518
Glad the Spurs didn't waste 845K a year on him or some 6'11" guy with a midrange and good boarding skills.

txstr1986
01-08-2013, 09:26 PM
Blatche is trash and wouldn't know a play if it hit him in the face.

slick'81
01-08-2013, 10:03 PM
lol dude is wayy better then bonner/blair but then again what does that say?!?

lol getting caught with a date rape drug

Sean Cagney
01-08-2013, 11:28 PM
lol dude is wayy better then bonner/blair but then again what does that say?!?

:bang:depressed:depressed Year after year we go through this crap with those two bums and they still are here :(