PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone feel the same way I do? *rant*

Mixability
06-24-2005, 02:59 PM
First post: Lurking around here since late in the regular season... didn't even know there was ANOTHER Spurs board other than sahoops.net?!?!? Glad I found it!

Is it wrong for me to not want to celebrate the Spurs winning the NBA Championship? Yeah the first one in 1999 was nice and then 2003 was cool. A small part of me wanted to see who the real fans would be if the Spurs would've lost(please don't shoot!). But come on, we need to start acting like we're supposed to be Champs. I'm assuming I'm the only one thinking like this right now.

People of course were downtown last night, quite a few probably after only becoming Spurs fans within the past couple of weeks. Back in 2003, there were Spurs t-shirt stands all over the place during the first round, but noooooo, this year they didn't start popping up until we hit the conference finals!??!?! Damn Bandwaggoners, I actually heard someone say "David Robinson still plays with the Spurs?" when GLENN Robinson got in the game. Are you freakin' kidding me?

Don't even get me started on the t-shirts they're selling.... I actually saw some that had the wrong players on the roster! WTF? I've bought one Spurs shirt since the beginning of the season, I didn't start hoarding them, when the Spurs got rolling. Let's start acting like it's a common thing with this team.

Yeah, I'm not saying lets not have a parade and stuff, I'm just saying lets get started for next year, because training camp is only about 4 months away! No offense to anyone who became a Spurs fan recently, as long as you stay "on the wagon". Major props to anyone who has been around long enough to remember the "bad years". Back when we had Dominique "the Human Highlight Film" Wilkins.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts...

samikeyp
06-24-2005, 03:02 PM
But come on, we need to start acting like we're supposed to be Champs. I'm assuming I'm the only one thinking like this right now.

you would be correct...you are the only one thinking like that. "we" are not the Champs. We are fans of the Champs. The team has conducted themselves very well, even the Piston fans here have said so, if fans want to go crazy, let them.

SpursWoman
Every championship team has bandwagon fans. How many out there are still claiming the Cowboys? :wtf

samikeyp
How many out there are still claiming the Cowboys?

I think you and I are the only ones left! :)

Vashner
06-24-2005, 03:03 PM
Yea something is wrong with you...
Maybe a chemical imbalance?? Visit a shrink...

EDIT: This must be mouse....

DarrinS
I know what you mean about the "new" fans. I go to my neighborhood bar to watch the Spurs games. I'll admit it, I don't watch ALL the regular season games, but I watch the ones against good opponents. But it's interesting to witness how that bar got more and more crowded as the Spurs went futher into the playoffs and into the finals.

101A
Training camp is only 3 months away.

The draft is Teusday; I'll enjoy this until then.

SpursWoman
06-24-2005, 03:04 PM

Exactly. :lol

Kong
06-24-2005, 03:09 PM
Every championship team has bandwagon fans. How many out there are still claiming the Cowboys? :wtf

I am. 1-15 seasons do worse than suck.

I remember crying when Jim O'brien hit the field goal in Super Bowl 5.

Hell, I remember being upset when the Washington Bullets beat us in '78.

SpursWoman
06-24-2005, 03:12 PM

And every season I still start out something like...

"I KNOW they will hit .500 this year!!"

samikeyp
06-24-2005, 03:12 PM

yup... :depressed

clubalien
06-24-2005, 03:14 PM
i am a spurs fan and a dallas cow fan
I was wore a helmet and cowboy costume in elemerntray school for halloween, i had a troy akmin jersey for that and still do
so i don't want to be accussed of being a bandwagoner when all ya'll jump on the cowboys this season
we wodl fo made playoffs as a wild card but our running back was injuried

now with him health and having glenn back healthy alo9ng we GREAT defenise drafts this year we will be back in the playoffs

pooh
06-24-2005, 03:14 PM

And me...I'm a huge fan of the Cowboys. I've been a fan since '72

Mixability
06-24-2005, 03:17 PM
A Cowboys fan? Yeah I still am... sigh. Mouse? Damn, I've been reading a lot about that guy! That was a low blow! Oh, crap... that "we" talk slipped out. I'm not saying that I didn't go crazy last night, it was worth it to go outside and set off my car alarm in rejoice after all the near heart attacks.

spursfaninla
06-24-2005, 03:29 PM
bro, most of the people here have been into the spurs for years. As for most of SA, I think because we have a few years of success already (david robinson years), most have been spurs fans for a while as well.

some might not keep up with the details as much but they are interested. I understand the desire to separate the wanna-bees from the "real fans," but I think that takes care of itself. A 2 minute conversation makes that distinction.

I also understand spurs fans getting used to rings to the point that we get jaded and stop enjoying that success, much less the little things. For instance, the development of some of our players, accolades for our players during the season, ect...

I was up, and I'm going to enjoy this for a good long while. But its mostly a buzz now, and I'm already thinking greedily about the next 3 that Duncan will lead us to...

Mixability
06-24-2005, 03:47 PM
spursfaninla,

I agree with you on the Spurs fans getting used to all the success. I think that had an effect on the crowd in game 6, they forgot that there was a game going on, they were waiting for the post game confetti. Oh well, the celebration was not cancelled but a little postponed. I am in no way trying to single anyone out or say that any of you here on the forum are not true fans, I hope I didn't come across that way. I too am anxiously waiting till opening day so we can get back to the finals! REPEAT, REPEAT!

LilMissSPURfect
06-24-2005, 04:13 PM

unless cowboys move to sa... :oops [in a low tone..im a cowboys diehard...........]

BUT TODAY ITS ABOUT THE SILVER AND BLACK.....AND BANDWAGON FANS [LIKE THE MEDIA] MAKE FOR GOOD CONVERSATION :spin

SWC Bonfire
06-24-2005, 04:15 PM
I think we found T Park's new alias...

easjer
06-24-2005, 04:23 PM

Eh, I'm not a big football fan, but I switched to the Texans anyway. Someday they'll be good, and then I can say that I was a fan from the beginning.

Mixability
06-24-2005, 04:32 PM
Damn? I'm neither TPark or Mouse...jeez. Just a new guy, thats all.