PDA

View Full Version : It's pushin' 3 am on the west coast...

Avante
08-05-2012, 04:02 AM
...it's just me and my tight pal Bud Weiser. Off in the distance...

QSy8DtzhxHs&feature=related (http://QSy8DtzhxHs&feature=related)

Computer by candle light and incense, very cool. The world at my finger tips.

Totally stoked about todays Oly 100m. My favorite 9.whatever seconds. Then for desert, NFL football. Great to live in America. Imagine living in Syria or Turkey or Mongolia, ouch!!!!!!!

Was slavery a blessing in disguise? Whoa....yes yes yes the actual ordeal was horrendous, it was terrible. But what would RGIII,, Kobe Bryant, Muhammad Ali, The Temptations, James Brown, Denzel, Wesley, Samuel L. be doing in Ghana, The Ivory Coast, Nigeria? What Afro American would want to go back to Africa?

Please don't think I think slavery was anything other than absolutely terrible, I'm talking about those here because of it.

lakerhaterade
08-05-2012, 04:05 AM
Have you ever snorted some of det coke? Seeing as from your history of very liberal use of drugs, I'd think you have.

btw, budweiser tastes like my cat's piss.

Avante
08-05-2012, 04:11 AM
Have you ever snorted some of det coke? Seeing as from your history of very liberal use of drugs, I'd think you have.

btw, budweiser tastes like my cat's piss.

I know one thing for sure I've never drank cat piss, dude:rolleyes

I neve really warmed up to coke, if I was at a party and something rolled up a 20, cool. If somebody brought some over, cool. I never went looking for it. I was always really heavy into physical fitness, still am. That kept me pretty cool with drugs. The LSD tripping was simply a curiousity thing. And since back in the 60's it was all over the place, what the fuck.

Let's have some Son House, a huge influense on Robert Johnson.

vsT0KiFd5L8&feature=related (http://vsT0KiFd5L8&feature=related)

lakerhaterade
08-05-2012, 04:14 AM
tbh, Budweiser tastes like cat piss with a little bit of lemon pepper sprinkled in.

So you never really sought coke but you were all up and det acid?

Hah!!! Talk about a conformer.

AussieFanKurt
08-05-2012, 04:21 AM
tbh, Budweiser tastes like cat piss with a little bit of lemon pepper sprinkled in.

I don't mind Bud. There's worse beers anyways.

Avante
08-05-2012, 04:33 AM

Not into cat piss, sorry.

I never sought out any drug, I just happened to hang with a lot of druggies. Couldn't stand my fellow jocks.

First time I cooked was at a drive in watching Barbarella. There was four of us we had two tabs of orange wedge. We split them up, a half a tab each. For about an hour it was....getting off? We started thinking we'd got burned. Then it happened, we all started...smell that? Oranges! Now we were baking, talk about a weird ass trip, whoa! David the driver had a turtleneck sweater on, cat looked just like a fucking turtle. Cracked me up. The movie is pretty spacey straight, it was incredible when cooking. It lasted forever, time is total abstract, no conception at all.

When it was over we now had a major problem, how we gonna escape the drive in? Yep, panic! Hahahaha!!! It's funny now, it wasn't back then.

lakerhaterade
08-05-2012, 04:38 AM
I wish I was able to live and experience those days :cry

You lucky fucker, you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Avante
08-05-2012, 04:43 AM
I wish I was able to live and experience those days :cry

You lucky fucker, you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I hear ya, loved those TV westerns. The old AFL. We still had the old SWC. Cassius Clay was just starting out, Jimmy Brown was running over everyone, Bullet Bob and Tommie the Jet were outrunning everyone. Everywhere you went somebody was sticking a joint in your face. Then there was the music....

dkkWCEPlpxw (http://dkkWCEPlpxw)

Jack Kerovac! Andy Warhohl! A young Bob Dylan! Dr. Timothy Leary! Wolfman Jack!

AussieFanKurt
08-05-2012, 04:56 AM
Leary's research with psychedelic drugs was bloody interesting. He certainly showed a few things. Studying psychology he was brought up a few times for the ways LSD etc. could help therapy but as soon as the subculture that opposed government started using these drugs it was the end of that... or so I hear

Avante
08-05-2012, 05:08 AM
Leary's research with psychedelic drugs was bloody interesting. He certainly showed a few things. Studying psychology he was brought up a few times for the ways LSD etc. could help therapy but as soon as the subculture that opposed government started using these drugs it was the end of that... or so I hear

I was a senior in HS in 1968, the Viet Nam war was going on, we'd already had the Kennedy shooting, the Brits were bringing back our blues and Paladin had a gun and would travel. Dr. Leary had us all thinking that there were other dimensions out there and a little pill could take us there. He was right. Yep, it ended up as you described.

I was 19 years old standing on a mountain top over looking Hong Kong with Kowloon across the bay, her name was Joyce(yeah right) she was tall for Chinese. Had this blue butterfly tattooed over her right/left? breast, I loved the way she called me..babysan. Yep, US Navy on my way to Viet Nam.

QclVGUHvRvE (http://QclVGUHvRvE)

AussieFanKurt
08-05-2012, 05:21 AM
I thought Leary made it quite clear that they could have a positive impact. I guess I'm not sure of the possible long term impacts or whether the govt. knew it but if it was possible to help with treatment. Well fuck, it seems typical of govt. to just ban it because a group who opposed them were using

Avante
08-05-2012, 05:24 AM
I thought Leary made it quite clear that they could have a positive impact. I guess I'm not sure of the possible long term impacts or whether the govt. knew it but if it was possible to help with treatment. Well fuck, it seems typical of govt. to just ban it because a group who opposed them were using

While this is a cool tune, it's on a whole different plateau when cooking. The creativity while blazing very real.

c2yQLXTuctA (http://c2yQLXTuctA)

AussieFanKurt
08-05-2012, 05:26 AM
Haha fuckin' love that song

Avante
08-05-2012, 05:34 AM
Haha fuckin' love that song

Hell yeah!

Staying in the bay area.

axAfNjgdey4&playnext=1&list=PL585530778EBAD0E7&feature=results_video (http://axAfNjgdey4&playnext=1&list=PL585530778EBAD0E7&feature=results_video)

Now before some kid...but you're in Canada...I'm talking about the band and that bay area sound .

DMC
08-05-2012, 11:08 AM
Someone who posts as much as Avante doesn't have time for physical fitness and I would bet he's a lardass with a pony tail and a scraggly beard.

leemajors
08-05-2012, 11:16 AM

Francis Crick visualized the DNA double helix on LSD.

http://boingboing.net/2012/08/03/in-mid-60s-lsd-research-stud.html

Avante
08-06-2012, 01:38 AM
Someone who posts as much as Avante doesn't have time for physical fitness and I would bet he's a lardass with a pony tail and a scraggly beard.

Like everything else you say, you are wrong again. I lift 5 days a week, do the cardio.

Dude, you have any idea how much work you can do in an hour?