PDA

View Full Version : Senator Rand Paul holds up confirmation of US envoy Rick Olson to Pakistan

Galileo
08-05-2012, 12:46 PM
Senator Rand Paul holds up confirmation of US envoy Rick Olson to Pakistan

An influential US Senator is believed to have put on hold the confirmation of President's nominee for ambassador to Pakistan in the Senate, in an apparent protest against continued detention of a Pakistani doctor who helped CIA trace Osama bin Laden.

Rand Paul, the Republican Senator, media reports said, has objected to the nomination of Rick Olson, who was earlier nominated by Barack Obama as his envoy to Pakistan. The hold on ambassadorial nominee comes at a critical time when the US is trying to build up its relationship with Pakistan with the reopening of the ground lines of communication and also when the US is preparing for the withdrawal of its troops from Afghanistan.

MORE:

http://post.jagran.com/senator-rand-paul-holds-up-confirmation-of-us-envoy-rick-olson-to-pakistan-1344145176

:lmao

scott
08-05-2012, 06:21 PM
What a patriot.

FuzzyLumpkins
08-05-2012, 06:34 PM
We should just let the Indians nuke them.

Wild Cobra Kai
08-05-2012, 07:47 PM
Typical GOP solution: we don't like you, so we'll just stop talking now.

Hard to fix anything on the ground in Pakistan without an ambassador in place. Rand is either a world class idiot or the worst kind of grand stander. Being both wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility.

Clipper Nation
08-05-2012, 10:32 PM
Rand is either a world class idiot or the worst kind of grand stander. Being both wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility.
Not only is he both of those, he's also a lying snake and apparently kind of an asshole, tbh.... he turned on his own father by endorsing Willard, and just this week it came out that a reporter asked him a question he didn't like and he responded by throwing a shitfit and demanding her firing.....

ChumpDumper
08-06-2012, 03:13 AM
Rand completely sold out.

Galileo
08-10-2012, 11:56 PM
Rand rocks.

Clipper Nation
08-11-2012, 12:05 AM
Rand rocks.
If you love fake libertarianism and people who turn on their own family members, tbh....

:cry "I may be otherwise in lockstep with the neocon agenda, but I don't like the TSA and my daddy is Ron Paul (even though I'm not endorsing him), that makes me different!" :cry

Galileo
08-11-2012, 03:50 AM
If you love fake libertarianism and people who turn on their own family members, tbh....

:cry "I may be otherwise in lockstep with the neocon agenda, but I don't like the TSA and my daddy is Ron Paul (even though I'm not endorsing him), that makes me different!" :cry

Ron Paul dropped out for the nomination before Rand endorsed Romney, idiot. The whole thing was planned by Rand and Ron.

:downspin:

Spurs da champs
08-11-2012, 05:28 AM
ci3L40EL3Cc
:lol

All the Paulbots disliked the shit out of that, smh.

ChumpDumper
08-11-2012, 05:29 AM
Rand endorsed Romney before Ron actually dropped out.

Rand completely sold out the old man.

mavs>spurs
08-11-2012, 06:49 AM
If you don't think rand consulted with his father before that endorsement, you're a fucking idiot. The move was for political reasons, the Pauls sold out not just rand.

Galileo
08-11-2012, 07:40 AM
Rand endorsed Romney before Ron actually dropped out.

Rand completely sold out the old man.

Not true, I got an email from Ron Paul saying he had dropped his bid for the nomination prior to Rand's endorsement of Romney.

You're an effin' idiot.

Galileo
08-11-2012, 07:41 AM
If you don't think rand consulted with his father before that endorsement, you're a fucking idiot. The move was for political reasons, the Pauls sold out not just rand.

They consulted, stupid. Wake the F up.

Clipper Nation
08-11-2012, 09:38 AM
Not true, I got an email from Ron Paul saying he had dropped his bid for the nomination prior to Rand's endorsement of Romney.

You're an effin' idiot.

Yet he's on the ballot in Tampa and eligible for nomination, dumbass..... :lol

Also, he only said he would suspend active campaigning for primaries, tbh....

ChumpDumper
08-11-2012, 01:16 PM

You're an effin' idiot.

:lmaoSo you now admit that Ron Paul dropped out of the race because he ran out of money and wasn't going to win anything.