PDA

View Full Version : Curiosity Rover Landing On Mars at 11:31 PDT Tonight (8/5)

MannyIsGod
08-05-2012, 10:51 PM
NASA is streaming coverage. Pretty cool anytime we manage to land on another planet, IMO.

MannyIsGod
08-05-2012, 11:01 PM
Sorry - lands at 10:31 PDT. AN hour earlier than the thread title says.

AussieFanKurt
08-05-2012, 11:11 PM
Are you sure it's not being faked? :rolleyes

Haha

Wild Cobra Kai
08-05-2012, 11:49 PM
The NASA channel is running stuff right now. In SA, it's TWC channel 241.

Spurminator
08-05-2012, 11:49 PM
Link here as well.

http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/nasatv/ustream.html

Jacob1983
08-05-2012, 11:57 PM
FOX News is showing redneck stuff right now. CNN has that gay black guy bitching about guns right now. Maybe at midnight, they will give a shit.

I hope this goes well and better than the last one. I would love to see an alien. That would be awesome. Believe.

Wild Cobra Kai
08-06-2012, 12:02 AM
NASA and Southwest Airlines: peanuts for flights. :lol

Jacob1983
08-06-2012, 12:11 AM
Okay, CNN now gives a shit. They have the Australian guy ,that reported that Bin Laden was killed and that it sealed his re-election, giving the play by play on the landing. FOX News has Geraldo talking about Michael Jackson.

Trainwreck2100
08-06-2012, 12:18 AM
starscream gonna fuck that one up too

MannyIsGod
08-06-2012, 12:29 AM
NASA feed is awesome.

Wild Cobra Kai
08-06-2012, 12:29 AM
Chute opened. Always a plus. :lol

Jacob1983
08-06-2012, 12:31 AM
Barely any cute female NASA workers on the NASA channel. What a shame.

Trainwreck2100
08-06-2012, 12:34 AM
those nerds are so happy, that fat one was crying

MannyIsGod
08-06-2012, 12:35 AM
lol the nerd celebration is so bad ass. Love it.

Trainwreck2100
08-06-2012, 12:36 AM
shitty fucking shirts, NASA is so not ready for prime time

MannyIsGod
08-06-2012, 12:36 AM
LOL

Curiosity Rover ‏@MarsCuriosity
I'm safely on the surface of Mars. GALE CRATER I AM IN YOU!!! #MSL

Jacob1983
08-06-2012, 12:37 AM
Black and white pictures? You serious? This is 2012. We've got Ipads, drones that can kill people from miles and miles away, smart phones, blu ray players, roombas, yet we can only take black and white pictures on Mars?

Wild Cobra Kai
08-06-2012, 12:37 AM
First images:

http://incogman.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/ALIEN-FLIPPING-BIRD-2.jpg

MannyIsGod
08-06-2012, 12:39 AM
Black and white pictures? You serious? This is 2012. We've got Ipads, drones that can kill people from miles and miles away, smart phones, blu ray players, roombas, yet we can only take black and white pictures on Mars?

Data plan overages tbh. The rover downloaded doodle jump on the way to mars.

DMC
08-06-2012, 12:39 AM
Data plan overages tbh. The rover downloaded doodle jump on the way to mars.
NASA could sell that.

DMC
08-06-2012, 12:40 AM
Where are all the black scientists?

Wild Cobra Kai
08-06-2012, 12:41 AM
Nerd New Years, tbh.

Jacob1983
08-06-2012, 12:42 AM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/19880565.jpg

Trainwreck2100
08-06-2012, 12:43 AM
i bet you this is what they imagine sex feels like

DMC
08-06-2012, 12:44 AM
Wealthy Nerd New Years, tbh.
fify

MannyIsGod
08-06-2012, 12:44 AM
We'll get bad ass pictures eventually. That just takes awhile to transmit and I'm sure they're using the limited bandwidth and connection time to make sure everything is OK first.

Jacob1983
08-06-2012, 12:45 AM
NASA channel is unedited. Hearing a lot of "shit" and "fuck" in the background.

DMC
08-06-2012, 12:45 AM
What's the point of this rover? I am guessing it's better equipped to take soil samples and use higher resolution spectrometry or something along those lines.

DMC
08-06-2012, 12:46 AM
NASA channel is unedited. Hearing a lot of "shit" and "fuck" in the background.
You sure that's not at your house? Did you leave a Xanax bottle laying around?

Jacob1983
08-06-2012, 12:47 AM
Your mom took all of my Xanax, brah.

MannyIsGod
08-06-2012, 12:47 AM
Yeah I think it has some really good soil sampling equipment. A large part of the mission was to prove the technology to land heavier rovers works (the skycrane etc). The skycrane system is BAD ASS, IMO.

Wild Cobra Kai
08-06-2012, 12:49 AM
The one dude looks like Bill's brother Bud from Kill Bill. I keep expecting him to produce a Hanzo sword from some golf bag.

Jacob1983
08-06-2012, 12:54 AM
I thought I saw Tommy Chong in the background.

Wild Cobra Kai
08-06-2012, 06:47 PM
Mohawk man is now an internet meme.

silverblk mystix
08-06-2012, 06:57 PM
Only stupid human beings that have never figured out how to get along on this planet- find a way to visit another planet...and spend all that money instead of using that money on this planet.

Taken for granted in a lunatic asylum called earth.

Latarian Milton
08-06-2012, 07:12 PM

the dull pics were sent back from like a hell away so the signals are supposedly weakened over the long distance. it's a real achievement for american scientists, its not a good time for you shameless immigrants and america haters to spew shit tbh

Spurtacus
08-06-2012, 07:25 PM
Enhanced first image

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/c47.0.403.403/p403x403/562717_10150998441945687_1829472507_n.jpg

MannyIsGod
08-06-2012, 07:30 PM
Only stupid human beings that have never figured out how to get along on this planet- find a way to visit another planet...and spend all that money instead of using that money on this planet.

NASA has to make a choice. Use all that brainpower to reach Mars, or try to fix stupid fucks like you. Since only one is possible, they choose that one.

Have a nice day!

Lincoln
08-06-2012, 07:42 PM
:lol fat as fuck
:lol diabetes will kill you before you and your e wife have kids
:lol looking like an ape
:lol online dating cause you can't get pussy by interacting with women in public

silverblk mystix
08-06-2012, 08:36 PM
NASA has to make a choice. Use all that brainpower to reach Mars, or try to fix stupid fucks like you. Since only one is possible, they choose that one.

Have a nice day!

:lmao

Reck
08-06-2012, 08:45 PM

You want to talk about it?

silverblk mystix
08-06-2012, 08:50 PM
You want to talk about it?

It would actually be a good topic;

Spend $$$ billions on space programs or solve the world's hunger and save millions of lives...

Learn how to get along on this planet before venturing out to another planet?

Really good topics that humans should discuss, but why worry about that when you are busy watching cartoon movies?

:lol

Reck
08-06-2012, 08:52 PM

Spend $$$ billions on space programs or solve the world's hunger and save millions of lives...

Really good topics that humans should discuss, but why worry about that when you are busy watching cartoon movies?

Who are you Michael Jackson?

Cartoon movies? Are you drunk?

silverblk mystix
08-06-2012, 09:00 PM
Who are you Michael Jackson?

Cartoon movies? Are you drunk?

What would you call a movie where the hero is a guy that wears a rubber suit and drives a bat mobile and saves the world from bad guys?

A movie that came from a comic book and from a cartoon and tv show for kids.

Fast forward a few decades and some jewish people in hollywood decide that they can re-hash children's cartoons and add special effects and the mass sheep will pay for this and they can line their pockets with cash...presto!

Cartoons for adults!

MannyIsGod
08-06-2012, 09:04 PM
TBH, SBM is going to save the world through the making of shitty music. :tu

silverblk mystix
08-06-2012, 09:06 PM
TBH, SBM is going to save the world through the making of shitty music. :tu

You can't find any falseness or innaccuracies in any of my posts and you don't understand truth- so all you can resort to is this...

Par for the course...:sleep

Reck
08-06-2012, 09:07 PM
What would you call a movie where the hero is a guy that wears a rubber suit and drives a bat mobile and saves the world from bad guys?

A movie that came from a comic book and from a cartoon and tv show for kids.

Fast forward a few decades and some jewish people in hollywood decide that they can re-hash children's cartoons and add special effects and the mass sheep will pay for this and they can line their pockets with cash...presto!

Cartoons for adults!

This is badly constructed criticism.

How many other ideas from books were taken books/graphic novels etc made into a movie?

As a matter of fact, most of the movies you see are from a book.

Does that make the movie un-original? Dont think so.

Also, the new Batman movies are anything but for kids. :lol

You still have a stick up your you know what about Batman? Move on.

MannyIsGod
08-06-2012, 09:09 PM
You can't find any falseness or innaccuracies in any of my posts and you don't understand truth- so all you can resort to is this...

Par for the course...:sleep

Your posts are under of the assumption that somehow having a space program is hurting the people of the earth which is most obviously false.

MannyIsGod
08-06-2012, 09:10 PM
You want to spend less money? Start on the billions spent on paying idiot prison guards to lock up a large population of this country then we can talk bout the space program.

silverblk mystix
08-06-2012, 09:13 PM
oh yeah, and Jekka liked the music too...:lmao

Internet dating fool! :lmao

MannyIsGod
08-06-2012, 09:15 PM
:lol never been on an internet date. Whats that?

Good too see you're still delusional though.

:lol Old prison security guard wanting to be a rock star and seem deep and trying to save the world on Spurstalk.

MannyIsGod
08-06-2012, 09:17 PM
You should go write another screenplay, IMO.

This is the last response you get from me in this thread because you'll of course try to turn this thread into something about you like you always do.

silverblk mystix
08-06-2012, 09:20 PM
Your posts are under of the assumption that somehow having a space program is hurting the people of the earth which is most obviously false.

There are no assumptions, billions and billions of dollars are spent on many things while people die. Nothing false about that- that is just the way that humans beings view humanity.

They have no problem watching their brothers and sisters die while money and resources are used for other things.

Lunacy that goes on unchecked because everyone is asleep...

silverblk mystix
08-06-2012, 09:21 PM
:cry:cry:cry:cry I need my thread to succeed...bleat bleat bleat...

Reck
08-06-2012, 09:23 PM
I'm dissapointed in you.

silverblk mystix
08-06-2012, 09:31 PM
I'm dissapointed in you.

Why are you disappointed in Manny is Gay?

I don't get it...:lol

Reck
08-06-2012, 09:35 PM
I meant you.

silverblk mystix
08-06-2012, 09:39 PM
I meant you.

Why?

Wild Cobra Kai
08-06-2012, 10:30 PM
Why?

Because you're an idiot. People die. People are hungry. That has pretty much happened every fucking day since man climbed down out of the trees. It can't be fixed, because uneducated third worlders think that squeezing out 8-10 kids is a virtue or a religious mandate. The only thing we can do is to try to preserve mankind, the species. That requires resources that are fast running out on our planet. Getting those resources will require going upward and outward.

Trainwreck2100
08-06-2012, 10:32 PM
There are no assumptions, billions and billions of dollars are spent on many things while people die. Nothing false about that- that is just the way that humans beings view humanity.

They have no problem watching their brothers and sisters die while money and resources are used for other things.

How many people were saved by the invention of transistors you moron.

DMC
08-06-2012, 11:03 PM

Every life comes with a death sentence. You cannot stop that with technology. The concept of "saving lives" is noble but futile, as everyone eventually dies anyhow. So, instead of acting like a bunch of monkeys, we build on collective learning and pass down generation to generation. What's the point? At least something lives.

The death rate will always follow the birth rate in time.

silverblk mystix
08-06-2012, 11:29 PM
Because you're an idiot. People die. People are hungry. That has pretty much happened every fucking day since man climbed down out of the trees. It can't be fixed, because uneducated third worlders think that squeezing out 8-10 kids is a virtue or a religious mandate. The only thing we can do is to try to preserve mankind, the species. That requires resources that are fast running out on our planet. Getting those resources will require going upward and outward.

This is idiocy.

It is exactly this overreaching of technology, resources and consumption that is the doom of this species. Instead of learning how to share this planet and using our intelligence to save humans- we use it to destroy and our greed is the downfall of the species.

At the rate we are going we are only accelerating our demise.

silverblk mystix
08-06-2012, 11:31 PM
How many people were saved by the invention of transistors you moron.

And how many died while trillions are thrown away on chasing greed?

silverblk mystix
08-06-2012, 11:38 PM
Every life comes with a death sentence. You cannot stop that with technology. The concept of "saving lives" is noble but futile, as everyone eventually dies anyhow. So, instead of acting like a bunch of monkeys, we build on collective learning and pass down generation to generation. What's the point? At least something lives.

The death rate will always follow the birth rate in time.

The riches that are wasted on chasing "more" could have been used to save lives on this planet.

The amount that was invested and then spent on these things could have been used to solve the world's hunger and reinvested to continue to make sure no one ever died of starvation.

That would have made us better than monkeys.

howbouthemspurs
08-07-2012, 12:17 AM
I think it's great that we are moving toward the future of humanity. This is a huge step for all of us. The next one will be if it actually finds evidence of life. That will change everything and the billions we have spent would be worth it.

silverblk mystix
08-07-2012, 12:32 AM
I think it's great that we are moving toward the future of humanity. This is a huge step for all of us. The next one will be if it actually finds evidence of life. That will change everything and the billions we have spent would be worth it.

Why would it be worth it?

We will probably try to destroy that life too the way we are destroying this one.

smh

SA210
08-07-2012, 01:11 AM
We will probably try to destroy that life too the way we are destroying this one.

smh

Yup

howbouthemspurs
08-07-2012, 02:37 AM
It will be worth finding out that we are not alone in the universe. Even though most believe that in this massive universe it has to be possible that there is life in other places, it will be direct proof that it is true. If you cannot grasp that concept then you are obviously living sad lives. With that said I really hope they find Marvin.

Wild Cobra Kai
08-07-2012, 07:25 AM
This is idiocy.

It is exactly this overreaching of technology, resources and consumption that is the doom of this species. Instead of learning how to share this planet and using our intelligence to save humans- we use it to destroy and our greed is the downfall of the species.

At the rate we are going we are only accelerating our demise.

Clean abundant energy will require fusion. Fusion requires tritium (H3). Tritium is almost non-existent on Earth, but the moon is literally covered with it, tritium being a radioactive isotope of hydrogen, and the moon constantly being bombarded by the sun's radioactivity and not protected by an atmosphere.

A better life HERE requires going up THERE.

MannyIsGod
08-07-2012, 09:37 AM

The instruments they have on that rover should give us some good information about the makeup of the soil and be able to locate organic compounds. They aimed for that crater because its basically a large basin and the alluvial fan they keep mentioning is a feature that is formed by flowing water carrying sediments into a basin. You see them all the time in the desert.

I can't wait till they actually get the science mission underway. The landing is out of the way and the pictures are neat but I want to see what they actually find.

MannyIsGod
08-07-2012, 09:38 AM
Clean abundant energy will require fusion. Fusion requires tritium (H3). Tritium is almost non-existent on Earth, but the moon is literally covered with it, tritium being a radioactive isotope of hydrogen, and the moon constantly being bombarded by the sun's radioactivity and not protected by an atmosphere.

Solar will be more energy than fusion on earth will be and its only a couple decades away.

silverblk mystix
08-07-2012, 09:40 AM

Bullshit.

Everything this species needs is provided by the earth. Everything.

If the idiotic human being could ever grasp this one simple thing;

LESS.

That's it. Less.

Instead of trying to satisfy every fuckin' craving in their stupid brains--they could instead learn to cultivate their brains to require L-E-S-S- then there would be enough resources and no one would ever go to bed hungry.

Instead it is the opposite. Dream of shit and then try to fit the world around your cravings.

Lunacy.

Bill_Brasky
08-07-2012, 09:40 AM

What the fuck are you talking about? There are more people alive right now than at any point in history.

Slomo
08-07-2012, 09:46 AM
Bullshit.

Everything this species needs is provided my the earth. Everything.

LESS.

That's it. Less.

Instead of trying to satisfy every fuckin' craving in their stupid brains--they could instead learn to cultivate their brains to require L-E-S-S- then there would be enough resources and no one would ever go to bed hungry.

Instead it is the opposite. Dream of shit and then try to fit the world around your cravings.

Lunacy.

You just described communism, look it up there's a long term, real life, large scale experiment that has been done with that idea.

Thank you very much but I'll take my chances on Mars.

silverblk mystix
08-07-2012, 10:08 AM
You just described communism, look it up there's a long term, real life, large scale experiment that has been done with that idea.

Thank you very much but I'll take my chances on Mars.

Not referring to politics.

Besides, any system is as good or as bad as the people running it. Which brings you back to human beings, again, and humans have never learned to stop destroying shit.

Destroying each other, destroying the earth, destroying everything instead of learning how to get along.

Now, they want to go destroy other planets, other life.

Wonderful.

johnsmith
08-07-2012, 10:12 AM
Not referring to politics.

Besides, any system is as good or as bad as the people running it. Which brings you back to human beings, again, and humans have never learned to stop destroying shit.

Destroying each other, destroying the earth, destroying everything instead of learning how to get along.

Now, they want to go destroy other planets, other life.

Wonderful.

What are you doing to "help" in your opinion?

Serious question.

johnsmith
08-07-2012, 10:20 AM
Also, if you're using any of the following:

Scratch Resistant Lenses
Memory Foam
Ear thermometer
Shoe Insoles
Long Distance Telecommunication
Adjustable smoke detectors
Safety Grooving in roads
Cordless tools
Water Filters

Then you are "leeching" off of NASA. Please remove all those items from your everyday use since you think they are wasting so much money.

That info was found from one 3 second google search by the way. I'm sure there is more.

MannyIsGod
08-07-2012, 10:21 AM
Fact: Human life expectancy is at its highest level than at any time before.

Fact: Humans across the globe have a higher overall quality of life than ever before.

johnsmith
08-07-2012, 10:23 AM

Fact: Humans across the globe have a higher overall quality of life than ever before.

Well, on average maybe.

But for guys like SBM who are security guards at jails, I'd say the overall quality of life is awful for them.

MannyIsGod
08-07-2012, 10:23 AM
Also, if you're using any of the following:

Scratch Resistant Lenses
Memory Foam
Ear thermometer
Shoe Insoles
Long Distance Telecommunication
Adjustable smoke detectors
Safety Grooving in roads
Cordless tools
Water Filters

Then you are "leeching" off of NASA. Please remove all those items from your everyday use since you think they are wasting so much money.

That info was found from one 3 second google search by the way. I'm sure there is more.

And nevermind the things you can't quantify such as inspiration. How many of today's scientists, doctors, and engineers were inspired in that direction by watching NASA astronauts?

silverblk mystix
08-07-2012, 10:25 AM

Yeah, tell that to the millions who are starving to death, while trillions $$ are wasted to go find another life and another planet to destroy :lol

johnsmith
08-07-2012, 10:26 AM
Yeah, tell that to the millions who are starving to death, while trillions $$ are wasted to go find another life and another planet to destroy :lol

Again, what are you doing to help advance mankind?

silverblk mystix
08-07-2012, 10:27 AM
What are you doing to "help" in your opinion?

Serious question.

#1) I'm ignoring idiots like you but I've made this one exception.

johnsmith
08-07-2012, 11:17 AM
Sooooo, nothing.....got it.

Spurminator
08-07-2012, 12:51 PM

You do realize that the money doesn't actually GO to Mars, right?

leemajors
08-07-2012, 12:58 PM
And nevermind the things you can't quantify such as inspiration. How many of today's scientists, doctors, and engineers were inspired in that direction by watching NASA astronauts?

I would credit the Golden Age of Sci Fi moreso.

The Reckoning
08-07-2012, 01:13 PM
trillions?

lol

nasa gets the budget's dandruff, and that's about it. the only hope we have for the government to boost nasa funding is for defense.

other than that, privatizing the industry is the only way to go. aerospace engineers will be paid exponentially more, so there will be more of an incentive for bright minds to go into the field.

imagine how much more the quality of life on earth would improve if technology from safe and efficient space travel is incorporated into modern medicine, energy, the food industry, etc.

Sense
08-07-2012, 01:45 PM
:lol @ SMB, did not expect him to be this stupid.

leemajors
08-07-2012, 01:47 PM
Bullshit.

Everything this species needs is provided by the earth. Everything.

LESS.

That's it. Less.

Lunacy.

All elements heavier than hydrogen originated inside of stars.

TE
08-07-2012, 01:49 PM
I'm all for space exploration and advancement of scientific knowledge.

MannyIsGod
08-07-2012, 01:57 PM
:lol @ SMB, did not expect him to be this stupid.

Um, why not?

MannyIsGod
08-07-2012, 01:58 PM
I mean com'on, the guy who rants and raves about getting along with all other humans can't even get along with the people he interacts with here and makes a living off of imprisoning others. Its laughable.

ChumpDumper
08-07-2012, 02:08 PM
SBM on the cross again.

silverblk mystix
08-07-2012, 02:37 PM
lol

"fuck humans, why save em"

Basically what you are arguing for...

who's stupid now?

You because you are saying that someone that prefers human life over greed is somehow wrong.

smh

Sense
08-07-2012, 02:39 PM
Um, why not?

:lol figured he'd learn from getting owned so many times by now

johnsmith
08-07-2012, 02:39 PM
lol

"fuck humans, why save em"

Basically what you are arguing for...

who's stupid now?

You because you are saying that someone that prefers human life over greed is somehow wrong.

smh

Wow. You're really smart. Everyone here agrees too.

Spurminator
08-07-2012, 02:41 PM
http://i.imgur.com/gMoqE.gif

MannyIsGod
08-07-2012, 02:57 PM
:lmao NASA greed

FkLA
08-07-2012, 03:12 PM
http://c498390.r90.cf2.rackcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/AP958892737427-500x463.jpg

http://c498390.r90.cf2.rackcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/AP829248430673-500x380.jpg

http://c498390.r90.cf2.rackcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/AP423366483086-500x500.jpg

http://c498390.r90.cf2.rackcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/AP151308400390-500x500.jpg

http://c498390.r90.cf2.rackcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/AP281131969281-500x375.jpg

http://foxnewsinsider.com/2012/08/07/photo-nasas-curiosity-rover-photographs-mars-mount-sharp/

Reck
08-07-2012, 04:10 PM
Well, this didn't go down well.

DMC
08-07-2012, 04:10 PM
The riches that are wasted on chasing "more" could have been used to save lives on this planet.

We could still be carrying water from the river in buckets but Archimedes designed a method to make it easier. He could have been out working in the fields, helping carry water but instead he was focused on improving things.

You cannot save lives. You can only delay death.

The amount that was invested and then spent on these things could have been used to solve the world's hunger and reinvested to continue to make sure no one ever died of starvation.
Used to solve world hunger? So it's a money issue and it's not that the world is over populated especially in areas that do not adequately sustain life?

Also, how does one preclude the other? What are you doing to solve the hunger problem (besides eating)?

That would have made us better than monkeys.No, it would have made us not worth saving.

Opinionater
08-07-2012, 04:54 PM
IMHO, we are on the brink of some remarkable discoveries in space in the next few decades. Not sure how many more of them petrified boots we'll find but just wait and see.

silverblk mystix
08-07-2012, 05:02 PM
IMHO, we are on the brink of some remarkable discoveries in space in the next few decades. Not sure how many more of them petrified boots we'll find but just wait and see.

SA210
08-07-2012, 05:27 PM
SBM is right that this world is fucking itself up and that greed takes priority over anything else. Funny that people can't admit that. Regardless of the "NASA" debate, it's just true.

And the billions and billions spent on war, oil etc, can be used for hunger, poverty, less oil dependence, etc. Just because life expectancy is longer now doesn't mean we should still throw away billions or trillions on murder and greed, over all the current suffering in the world. That money can still go to those that are starving to death and who have no shelter.

Longer life expectancy does not equal people not being hungry anymore. I was just reading that 5% of the homeless population are IRAQ VETS from this CURRENT war. Are you fucking kidding me?

But helping the poor isn't as sexy or cool, so why spoil our fun, right?

Such hate prevents people from at least admitting that? :lol Jesus.
The world is pretty fucked up indeed.

silverblk mystix
08-07-2012, 06:39 PM
SBM is right that this world is fucking itself up and that greed takes priority over anything else. Funny that people can't admit that. Regardless of the "NASA" debate, it's just true.

And the billions and billions spent on war, oil etc, can be used for hunger, poverty, less oil dependence, etc. Just because life expectancy is longer now doesn't mean we should still throw away billions or trillions on murder and greed, over all the current suffering in the world. That money can still go to those that are starving to death and who have no shelter.

Longer life expectancy does not equal people not being hungry anymore. I was just reading that 5% of the homeless population are IRAQ VETS from this CURRENT war. Are you fucking kidding me?

Somebody gets it...

Lol at people thinking you cannot have technology and goodwill on the same planet...

ChumpDumper
08-07-2012, 07:01 PM
So, you definitely can't spread goodwill using technology.

Why do you play guitar and use a computer?

silverblk mystix
08-07-2012, 07:38 PM
So, you definitely can't spread goodwill using technology.

Why do you play guitar and use a computer?

Ask the people that are making that argument...

MannyIsGod
08-07-2012, 10:17 PM

None of those things have to do with NASA trying to further our scientific understanding. The thread wasn't about "oh hey lets start a war for fun" so none of that shit is valid. Why should anyone admit some random non sequitors that are completely ingermane to the discussion at hand?

Oh hey we landed a rover on mars and BTW hunger sucks!

I mean wtf? The man makes a living by being pat of one of our worst problems - over incarceration of our population - and wants to lecture others on how to improve our society in thread about scientific exploration and you seek to defend him? GMAFB. Yeah, greed is a huge problem. Greed puts people in prison over stupid drug offenses in order to line the pockets of both big pharma and the prison industry. Pardon me if I'll take the bullshit SBM spews bit more seriously when he is actually the slightest bit introspective.

Also, I started this thread because scientific exploration is cool. Does that cause you to question whether I've done more than my share to help the poor and hungry?

SA210
08-07-2012, 11:02 PM
None of those things have to do with NASA trying to further our scientific understanding. The thread wasn't about "oh hey lets start a war for fun" so none of that shit is valid. Why should anyone admit some random non sequitors that are completely ingermane to the discussion at hand?

I mean wtf? The man makes a living by being pat of one of our worst problems - over incarceration of our population - and wants to lecture others on how to improve our society in thread about scientific exploration and you seek to defend him? GMAFB. Yeah, greed is a huge problem. Greed puts people in prison over stupid drug offenses in order to line the pockets of both big pharma and the prison industry. Pardon me if I'll take the bullshit SBM spews bit more seriously when he is actually the slightest bit introspective.

Also, I started this thread because scientific exploration is cool. Does that cause you to question whether I've done more than my share to help the poor and hungry?

Funny, I guess you missed my comment very early in my post that said something like, "Regardless of the NASA debate"

I was agreeing with him about what I think was his main idea, which is we fuck shit up... and waste money in areas not really needed, rather than help suffering that's regularly ignored (I agree with his assumption that should we somehow find life there, we would fuck it up as we do everything here). Plain and simple, we do. If I'm off subject, I find it funny you had to say his music sucked lol, which by the way, it actually doesn't, but it just goes to show the assholes that people are. I wonder how many guards you think we should cut down to btw (rhetorical). Now you can continue talking about NASA and get back on point. Carry on.

:toast

MannyIsGod
08-07-2012, 11:21 PM
Funny, I guess you missed my comment very early in my post that said something like, "Regardless of the NASA debate"

I was agreeing with him about what I think was his main idea, which is we fuck shit up... and waste money in areas not really needed, rather than help suffering that's regularly ignored (I agree with his assumption that should we somehow find life there, we would fuck it up as we do everything here). Plain and simple, we do. If I'm off subject, I find it funny you had to say his music sucked lol, which by the way, it actually doesn't, but it just goes to show the assholes that people are. I wonder how many guards you think we should cut down to btw (rhetorical). Now you can continue talking about NASA and get back on point. Carry on.

You're right, I was an asshole. However, humanity does not completely fuck up everything. We've improved since our inception on earth, and as I said more people today enjoy a higher level of life than at any point before. There might still be a lot of people starving, but as a percentage its not even close to what it was even in recent history. Humanity grows with each generation and we better ourselves. Even 60-70 years ago the pollution we were seeing was horrendous in our own country (rivers on fire etc) but much of that has changed and we now bring species back from extinction. I don't think anyone here ever claimed that humanity was perfect and I don't think because no one wanted to entertain idiotic ideas that NASA was a waste of resources that could somehow be used to solve humanities problems it somehow means that they don't acknowledge the imperfections of humanity.

We advance as a species in many directions at once and its sometimes a painfully slow process but too deny the growth we've made - and continue to make - is wrong.

As for the prison matter, I do not know what we should cut the number of guards down to but it is undeniable that we incarcerate too many people in this country for reasons that are directly related to greed. The amount of non violent offenders locked away for drug reasons in the United States is quite insane. You question may have been rhetorical but mine is not: Why should I listen to the ranting of someone who doesn't even practice what they preech and instead tries to maintain some see through facade of faux enlightenment?

You see its cute you want to defend, SBM. I admit I was a dick to him the moment he posted in this thread and that was uncalled for, but maybe you should ask yourself why SBM manages to piss off nearly everyone he encounters on this website while having a martyr complex. Even I, who have been quite the asshole at times here, have a much easier time having civil conversations here than him. That should tell you something.

tlongII
08-07-2012, 11:54 PM
I don't have the time or the compulsion to read everything in here....but WTF? How anyone can criticize space exploration is ridiculous to me.

silverblk mystix
08-08-2012, 12:10 AM

For someone who brags about pursuing a PHD it sounds like you can't even understand the basic branches of government. How the fuck would you know what I do?

Because you assumed that I mentioned corrections--and you swallowed the bullshit that idiots on here spewed and automatically assumed that I am what you labeled me as.

If you knew your ass from a hole in the ground you would know that there are branches of government and I don't know which special school of learning you studied at but in no school do they teach that someone in corrections decides the fate of inmates.

You don't even understand basic government and you want to lecture me on this?

If you had half a brain you might have done the math and discovered that Corrections is a broad field and if you ever got your fat monkey head out of your ass you might have even figured out that a person who has been in this business for 25 years and has a formal education would not be a "prison guard" no matter how you look at it.

What I am talking about is humanity and spirituality and human life is above everything else. Everything.

Space exploration is great but it could have benefited mankind to use all that ingenuity and resources and money to help human beings first--and then you can go off into space.

Same for Wars, politics, greed, desire, on and on and on.

The basic idea is true and is self evident to anyone with a brain and the courage to admit when something is true ---no matter how uncomfortable this truth is or how it portrays your species.

We have done nothing but destroy each other and destroy this planet and yet here we are trying to travel to another one. It is the same idiocy that has some people killing each other and getting themselves all aflame with the idiotic belief that they need to figure out if there is a heaven or a hell or a life after this one when they haven't even lived through this one.

It still holds true.

Why worry about another life when all we've done is fuck this one up?

Why travel to another planet when all we've done is destroy this one?

Why try to discover another life form when all we've done is destroy each other and continue to do so?

Truth is truth and if I can admit this...I am just like anyone else...I am blaming myself because I am part of this human stupidity...but if I can admit this why can't you? Why can't others? Why defend it? I am ashamed to be part of this problem and when I criticize human beings I am criticizing myself too but I can be honest enough to admit when I have fucked up.

Why say that without technology this...without progress that...blah-blah ...as if to say, "well those people couldn't be helped" ...why not?
Why couldn't we have done both? Fix our mess and have a space program. Why not?

Why not say ...yes...we can have technology and progress after we use those resources to fix this planet and help to heal all the destruction we have already caused?

MannyIsGod
08-08-2012, 12:22 AM
Your job exists because of greed. You can rationalize it all you want but you can't change the facts. Congrats on making a living off of greed.

silverblk mystix
08-08-2012, 12:31 AM
Your job exists because of greed. You can rationalize it all you want but you can't change the facts. Congrats on making a living off of greed.

Your problem with reading comprehension is off the hook, I don't know how you've ever gotten by.

Show me where I said anything about not being part of these problems or part of this greed. I am a human being so when I say that human beings are crazy---I am part of this species so I am talking about ---ALL OF US.

Hell, this fuckin' country was founded on greed. I don't care what you've heard about patriotism, honor, founding fathers, ....it is all bullshit.

It was greed. White man saw this land and knew he would do everything he could to have it for himself.

Greed is all that humans have ever been about.

silverblk mystix
08-08-2012, 12:43 AM

Reck
08-08-2012, 12:47 AM
Your problem with reading comprehension is off the hook, I don't know how you've ever gotten by.

Show me where I said anything about not being part of these problems or part of this greed. I am a human being so when I say that human beings are crazy---I am part of this species so I am talking about ---ALL OF US.

Hell, this fuckin' country was founded on greed. I don't care what you've heard about patriotism, honor, founding fathers, ....it is all bullshit.

It was greed. White man saw this land and knew he would do everything he could to have it for himself.

I detect a hint of double standard in your post.

MannyIsGod
08-08-2012, 12:48 AM

No you just spent the previous post trying to rationalize it. Not all of us are all about greed at all. The OP in this thread is a complete example of that. You project an awful lot. We're not all you and humanity has many great qualities even if you ignore them.

Congrats on making yet another thread about you. I should have stuck to my guns and not replied to you again but alas you annoy the shit out of me sometimes and I can't help it. Its amazing how often you derail conversation and make it all bout you.

MannyIsGod
08-08-2012, 12:50 AM

Its not a double standard; its projection. People who have see nothing but bad in the world often have a hard time finding good within themselves so they assume everyone is like them. Thats hardly the case.

NASA scientists aren't spending ridiculous hours working on projects like this for much less money than they could make in the private industry because of greed. That much is damn sure. Anyone who thinks that scientists who work in academia or government due so for greed is severely out of touch with reality.

silverblk mystix
08-08-2012, 12:55 AM
Its not a double standard; its projection. People who have see nothing but bad in the world often have a hard time finding good within themselves so they assume everyone is like them. Thats hardly the case.

NASA scientists aren't spending ridiculous hours working on projects like this for much less money than they could make in the private industry because of greed. That much is damn sure. Anyone who thinks that scientists who work in academia or government due so for greed is severely out of touch with reality.

There is a lot of stupid in this post.

silverblk mystix
08-08-2012, 12:59 AM

There is no double standard.

I am a realist and I see that humans (of which I am one) are destroying everything because of greed. It is reality. It is not going to stop. We are going to continue to destroy each other because of greed. It is sad but it is not going to change and we are not going to suddenly stop being greedy. All of us are on a path to complete destruction and I am just admitting that we are stupid human beings.

Where is the double standard?

howbouthemspurs
08-08-2012, 02:05 AM
Some sad people on this thread.

ChumpDumper
08-08-2012, 03:36 AM
SBM and SA210 are doing fuck all for their fellow man.

Fuck them and their holier than thou posturing.

ChumpDumper
08-08-2012, 03:37 AM

silverblk mystix
08-08-2012, 10:14 AM

You also have reading comprehension issues.

You are the one defending the stupidity of human beings and I clearly stated we are all to blame.

And you're wrong, I'm doing my share, but I am still part of the human race which is destroying this planet and I also share the blame.

Oh, and uh, fuck you.

Bill_Brasky
08-08-2012, 11:16 AM
Just ignore the faggot guys.

spurs_fan_in_exile
08-08-2012, 11:30 AM
I was initially appalled by the cost of the project until I realized that if Curiosity finds water there then there's no reason to feel guilty about rounding up the poor and shooting them off to Mars. Gotta take the first steps first guys.

SA210
08-08-2012, 12:20 PM
You also have reading comprehension issues.

You are the one defending the stupidity of human beings and I clearly stated we are all to blame.

And you're wrong, I'm doing my share, but I am still part of the human race which is destroying this planet and I also share the blame.

Oh, and uh, fuck you.

Too bad you quoted the scumbag, I really can't stand reading his lies and stupidity. My God, no wonder I have that prick on ignore. He just talked out of his ass without even knowing what he's talking about, which is very common for him.

Again Chump is wrong. He has no idea whatsoever what I do or what I have done for my fellow man. I know for a fact I have done MORE for my fellow man than he could ever do. I GUARANTEE I have done more than that piece of shit. But people are idiots, he's the one that brought up that I do nothing for my fellow man, but if i go defending what I do, assholes will say I'm just bragging. lol Morons

Btw, Chumps stupid ass accomplishes so much for his fellow man 24/7 while he's adding to his 70k posts :lol

While I'm out being productive winning huge historic cases for people, Chump is at home online typing stupid shit all over the forums following people around saying stupid shit like , "What do you think happened?, "What's your theory?" "Grammar smack" :lmao" "You're butthurt, I'm not butthurt" "post count smack lol" "I'm not the one obsessed, you're the one obsessed with me" , etc... lol

Oh how humanity is saved everyday with Dumpster's repeated gibberish on a daily basis on these internet message boards :lmao

leemajors
08-08-2012, 12:33 PM
Winning historic cases? That begs elaboration and smacks of pride.

johnsmith
08-08-2012, 12:35 PM
Too bad you quoted the scumbag, I really can't stand reading his lies and stupidity. My God, no wonder I have that prick on ignore. He just talked out of his ass without even knowing what he's talking about, which is very common for him.

Again Chump is wrong. He has no idea whatsoever what I do or what I have done for my fellow man. I know for a fact I have done MORE for my fellow man than he could ever do. I GUARANTEE I have done more than that piece of shit. But people are idiots, he's the one that brought up that I do nothing for my fellow man, but if i go defending what I do, assholes will say I'm just bragging. lol Morons

Btw, Chumps stupid ass accomplishes so much for his fellow man 24/7 while he's adding to his 70k posts :lol

While I'm out being productive winning huge historic cases for people, Chump is at home online typing stupid shit all over the forums following people around saying stupid shit like , "What do you think happened?, "What's your theory?" "Grammar smack" :lmao" "You're butthurt, I'm not butthurt" "post count smack lol" "I'm not the one obsessed, you're the one obsessed with me" , etc... lol

Oh how humanity is saved everyday with Dumpster's repeated gibberish on a daily basis on these internet message boards :lmao

Wow....chump dumper is really in your head.

leemajors
08-08-2012, 12:36 PM
quite an elaborate humble brag tbh

silverblk mystix

You just quoted what makes up about 64,000 of Cummdumpster's posts...

the other 7,000 are;

Be specific

johnsmith
Also a big fan of, "I do so much for other people but I can't tell you what because it will blow your mind" smack.....

Do you also have a supermodel girlfriend that lives in Vancouver?

johnsmith
08-08-2012, 12:38 PM
quite an elaborate humble brag tbh

Lol.... I forgot about humble brags.

silverblk mystix
08-08-2012, 12:38 PM
Also a big fan of, "I do so much for other people but I can't tell you what because it will blow your mind" smack.....

With idiots like you running around with severe reading comprehension issues--

should tell you all you need to know about why no one will actually post the things that they have done.

No point, except as troll fodder.

Dumbshit.

johnsmith
08-08-2012, 12:40 PM

should tell you all you need to know about why no one will actually post the things that they have done.

Dumbshit.

The grown ups weren't addressing you.....run along back to your bacon thread ans kindly pipe the fuck down.:nope

SA210
08-08-2012, 12:43 PM

Don't hate just because it makes you feel like you do nothing lol. And nah, you can kiss up to him all you want though. I was simply responding to a quote of his where he completely just lies about me, so if it makes you feel better about yourself to exaggerate, good for you. I was just pointing out how wrong and stupid he is for assuming wrongly, as usual.

CuckingFunt
08-08-2012, 12:44 PM
http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/8963/60012650539807948965012.jpg

silverblk mystix
Interesting how the people who are actually out in the world and contributing something or have already been out in the world and contributed...

are always given shit by the ones that are "striving to become someone"

Wait until you actually discover that this education you think is the shit- is the biggest thing you will ever have to overcome in your life.

Priceless.

Got a decent education, it took me years to get over it.

Someday you will understand the meaning of those wise words...

MannyIsGod
http://www.nasa.gov/images/content/674787main_pia16021-43_1024-768.jpg

I think its pretty awesome how they calibrated some of the instruments based off of the circles on the heat shield as it fell away during the landing.

johnsmith
08-08-2012, 12:45 PM
Don't hate just because it makes you feel like you do nothing lol. And nah, you can kiss up to him all you want though. I was simply responding to a quote of his where he completely just lies about me, so if it makes you feel better about yourself to exaggerate, good for you. I was just pointing out how wrong and stupid he is for assuming wrongly, as usual.

Not really sure what this has to do with the post you quoted, but cool, sounds awesome.

johnsmith
08-08-2012, 12:46 PM
interesting how the people who are actually out in the world and contributing something or have already been out in the world and contributed...

Are always given shit by the ones that are "striving to become someone"

wait until you actually discover that this education you think is the shit- is the biggest thing you will ever have to overcome in your life.

Priceless.

k

CuckingFunt
08-08-2012, 12:47 PM
Interesting how the people who are actually out in the world and contributing something or have already been out in the world and contributed...

are always given shit by the ones that are "striving to become someone"

Wait until you actually discover that this education you think is the shit- is the biggest thing you will ever have to overcome in your life.

Priceless.

Know what's even funnier than bacon-ing movie titles?

Criticizing people for making assumptions about how others live their lives while also making assumptions about how they live their lives.

SA210
08-08-2012, 12:48 PM

Dumbshit.

Exactly, all they wanna do is troll. It's all they have, poor souls lol

johnsmith
08-08-2012, 12:48 PM

Criticizing people for making assumptions about how others live their lives while also making assumptions about how they live their lives.

That entire post was full of the lol'ing....well done.

MannyIsGod
08-08-2012, 12:49 PM

The people coming into a thread and devolving it into an off topic discussion are accusing others of having nothing to do but troll? :lol

Ok.

johnsmith
08-08-2012, 12:50 PM

So who is trolling you in this thread?

johnsmith
08-08-2012, 12:50 PM
The people coming into a thread and devolving it into an off topic discussion are accusing others of having nothing to do but troll? :lol

Ok.

You ruined the point I wanted to make.....dick.

MannyIsGod
08-08-2012, 12:51 PM
If you weren't so busy trolling you would have typed it out faster TBH

SA210
08-08-2012, 12:52 PM

It's not an assumption that Chump spends his life on Spurstalk. His constant day and night ritual of following people around obsessively and upping his post count in record numbers is fact, and clearly a sign of him not being so productive for others, which he tried calling me out for.

If you're too busy trolling all day and night, you can't be doing much else. lol

I'd say that assumption is pretty good one.

johnsmith
08-08-2012, 12:53 PM
It's not an assumption that Chump spends his life on Spurstalk. His constant day and night ritual of following people around obsessively and upping his post count in record numbers is fact, and clearly a sign of him not being so productive for others, which he tried calling me out for.

If you're too busy trolling all day and night, you can't be doing much else. lol

Cool.....except she wasn't referring to you.

But still.....cool.

SA210
08-08-2012, 12:55 PM

Ok.

Manny, I figured you'd be more intelligent than this. Must you really play dumb? My point was if I say what I do, they only want that info to troll about it. So it's not even worth it.

And I didn't mean to troll your thread btw, that's not what I did, at least not intentionally.

SA210
08-08-2012, 12:55 PM
Cool.....except she wasn't referring to you.

But still.....cool.

I didn't say she was. But since the recent few post were started by Dumpster's wrong assumptions, I addressed it.

MannyIsGod
08-08-2012, 12:57 PM
Manny, I figured you'd be more intelligent than this. Must you really play dumb? My point was if I say what I do, they only want that info to troll about it. So it's not even worth it.

And I didn't mean to troll your thread btw, that's not what I did, at least not intentionally.

I completely agree that if you're called out about not doing enough there's no way to defend it without giving people an easy way to troll you for it. I don't doubt for one second that you've been active in helping people. You've always mentioned these things through the years you've posted here.

The problem lies with the fucktard you decided to defend. The guy who complains about us all getting along and then does nothing but spew bullshit all the time. You get the point.

johnsmith
08-08-2012, 12:58 PM
I didn't say she was

Ok....so you saw the word assumption and it just jogged your memory of how much you hate another poster.....got it.....like I said before....cool.

johnsmith
Then you thought about how dumb you sounded and added to your post.....cool.

leemajors
http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/8963/60012650539807948965012.jpg

http://www.panoramas.dk/mars/greeley-haven.html

This is pretty cool.

SA210
08-08-2012, 01:00 PM
Then you thought about how dumb you sounded and added to your post.....cool.

No, I wanted to clarify in case someone like you couldn't understand, which turned out to be true :lol

johnsmith
08-08-2012, 01:01 PM
I completely agree that if you're called out about not doing enough there's no way to defend it without giving people an easy way to troll you for it. I don't doubt for one second that you've been active in helping people. You've always mentioned these things through the years you've posted here.

The problem lies with the fucktard you decided to defend. The guy who complains about us all getting along and then does nothing but spew bullshit all the time. You get the point.

Agreed....it's the palling around with the forum retard problem....I'm looking at you baconator.

johnsmith
08-08-2012, 01:02 PM
No, I wanted to clarify in case someone like you couldn't understand, which turned out to be true :lol

Which is weird because while I was posting your alleged thoughts, you edited your post to express almost exactly what I said you were "thinking".

MannyIsGod
08-08-2012, 01:03 PM
http://www.panoramas.dk/mars/greeley-haven.html

This is pretty cool.

Can't wait till we get that type of image from Curiosity. It will be awesome to take a look at the surface geology of the area. The prof I work for has a pretty sizeable interest in dunefields so I'm anxious to ask him what he thinks about the one near the rover.

http://www.nasa.gov/images/content/674897main_pia16013-43_1024-768.jpg

At least I think thats a dunefield.

Dunefields can indicate the previous presence of water flow. Just north of me, Great Sand Dunes NP has dunes that are there because of the water flow and wind combo. Its a pretty neat combo.

johnsmith
08-08-2012, 01:04 PM
Just go back to telling me how blind I am to our government conspiracies and we can all forget about this unpleasantness.....if you want, I can direct you to a kick ass thread where they take words and replace them with bacon.....shit is hilarious.

johnsmith
08-08-2012, 01:06 PM
The prof I work for has a pretty sizeable interest in dunefields.

I have nothing in common with that guy.

SA210
08-08-2012, 01:09 PM

Thanks, all I was doing was defending what Chump wrongly assumed of me, but then again, it just opens the doors for trolls to troll no matter what. So anyway.

Again, I agreed with what he was saying about how greedy the world is lol. It's true.

MannyIsGod
08-08-2012, 01:20 PM
I have nothing in common with that guy.

LOL

He's a pretty cool dude. He's just got some weird geologic interests that most people find boring as hell. Most of the scientists I work with are definitely not what you would think. Some are geeky, but most are just normal people. And they can ALL drink a fuck load. I don't understand that.

CuckingFunt
08-08-2012, 01:21 PM

You'd assume that assumption is a pretty good one.

Which only makes sense, since it's your assumption.

SA210
08-08-2012, 01:23 PM
You'd assume that assumption is a pretty good one.

Which only makes sense, since it's your assumption.

Only difference is, I actually have something to base my assumption on :toast

CuckingFunt
08-08-2012, 01:28 PM
Only difference is, I actually have something to base my assumption on :toast

I'd argue that most people who make assumptions do so because they have identified something upon which to base their assumption. It's how the whole assuming thing works, whether right or wrong, significant or trivial.

But, ultimately, as others have pointed out, you are not the person to whom I was initially responding, so... okay.

SA210
08-08-2012, 01:36 PM
I'd argue that most people who make assumptions do so because they have identified something upon which to base their assumption. It's how the whole assuming thing works, whether right or wrong, significant or trivial.

But, ultimately, as others have pointed out, you are not the person to whom I was initially responding, so... okay.

Right, some people may make an assumption because they see someones habits or obsessions of being at one place MOST of the time deliberately trolling/arguing with people on internet boards, which would more than likely mean they aren't somewhere else.

But then one could make an assumption about someone, but not know anything about them to do so. Basically making an assumption based off of your hatred for someone rather than any knowledge of them. I'd say one holds more weight than the other, even if we are just talking about assumptions.

Either way, I think Manny's thread has been hijacked enough as it is, and it's true you were addressing someone else anyway. :toast

The Reckoning
08-08-2012, 03:54 PM
. Some are geeky, but most are just normal people. And they can ALL drink a fuck load. I don't understand that.

have you ever been to a national conference in an academic field? holy shit it's like oktoberfest.

CuckingFunt
08-08-2012, 03:57 PM
have you ever been to a national conference in an academic field? holy shit it's like oktoberfest.

You ain't seen a party until you've seen librarians let loose after a day at the ALA conference.

And I mean that completely seriously.

ChumpDumper
08-08-2012, 04:03 PM
lol I'm sorry I missed SA210's meltdown. Did I even say anything to him?

If you're busy helping humanity, don't worry about me and quit wasting your time on stupid conspiracy theories, idiot.

silverblk mystix
08-08-2012, 04:05 PM

I was actually referring to people who do nothing except fly into a thread and make stupid comments directed at someone they don't know. The people doing this are always people that have bragged about their schooling and what they are studying for.

I wasn't referring to you at all but if you feel the need to say what you did-it is your prerogative.

My assumptions are based on facts btw.

ChumpDumper
08-08-2012, 04:07 PM
I was actually referring to people who do nothing except fly into a thread and make stupid comments directed at someone they don't know.You do this all the time.

silverblk mystix
08-08-2012, 04:24 PM
You do this all the time.

Not true at all, but for you, anything I say is going to be a stupid comment in your mind.

In this thread the comment is a true statement and you decide it is stupid.

Someday, you might understand.

ChumpDumper
08-08-2012, 04:27 PM
Not true at all, but for you, anything I say is going to be a stupid comment in your mind.

In this thread the comment is a true statement and you decide it is stupid.

Someday, you might understand.So it's OK for you to be a hypocrite because you don't think you are a hypocrite.

Someday, you might understand just how stupid and hypocritical you are.

silverblk mystix
08-08-2012, 04:30 PM
So it's OK for you to be a hypocrite because you don't think you are a hypocrite.

Someday, you might understand just how stupid and hypocritical you are.

I will answer you and get out before the "stop making this about you" that will inevitably come and give Manny the courtesy even though he is what he is...

Get a life.

ChumpDumper
08-08-2012, 04:48 PM
I will answer you and get out before the "stop making this about you" that will inevitably come and give Manny the courtesy even though he is what he is...

Get a life.Quit crying, hypocrite.

The Reckoning
08-08-2012, 05:42 PM
You ain't seen a party until you've seen librarians let loose after a day at the ALA conference.

And I mean that completely seriously.

pics or it didnt happen.

or you can go into further detail. when is the next one?

Cant_Be_Faded
08-08-2012, 08:42 PM
Anyone follow the fake curiosity on twitter?

@marscuroisity
Pretty funny shit

MannyIsGod
08-08-2012, 10:12 PM
:lol thats the real account dude.

The tweet when it landed was awesome. GALE CRATER I'M IN YOU

Cant_Be_Faded
08-08-2012, 11:50 PM
No manny
Not @marscuriosity
But @marscusoisity

Its a fake, check it out. Way funnier than sarcastic rover

MannyIsGod
08-09-2012, 01:02 AM
Gotcha. I missed the spelling. Looking it up now.

leemajors
08-09-2012, 06:38 AM
http://cdn.physorg.com/newman/gfx/news/hires/2012/first360degr.jpg

Agloco
08-09-2012, 08:15 PM
Where are all the black scientists?

Where you least expect them I'd say.....

DMC
08-09-2012, 08:20 PM
Here's my post from the other Mars thread.
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6060965&postcount=6

That picture might be of a desert in Australia or Canada.
Cosmic Dave, banned from virtually every forum on the interwebs.

Agloco
08-09-2012, 08:27 PM
Oh, and good thread Manny.

Latarian Milton
08-09-2012, 08:49 PM
so the government splashed tons of taxpayer money only to make up such a fake show. :tu u fucks must now regret paying THAT much for the legal status as an immigrant when you could've infiltrated free, taking the same undeserved share of american welfare w/o paying a dime of tax

DMC
08-09-2012, 10:07 PM
so the government splashed tons of taxpayer money only to make up such a fake show. :tu u fucks must now regret paying THAT much for the legal status as an immigrant when you could've infiltrated free, taking the same undeserved share of american welfare w/o paying a dime of tax
Pretty sure most of them crossed the river illegally bro.

leemajors
08-23-2012, 01:28 PM
gZX5GRPnd4U&feature=player_embedded