PDA

View Full Version : Team USA is classless

Bill_Brasky
08-07-2012, 11:00 AM
Actually, yes. I'm a little torn about it. I don't want to be unpatriotic, but sometimes they're just hard to root for when they're playing a TEAM like Argentina. It's a bit embarrassing to me when people like Westbrook prance around and taunt the other team's scrubs when they're up 20.

fuck team usa. i don't like a single one of their playas except durant

Too many of the players like to blow their own horn. As Americans you want to cheer for an American team as they represent you, but arrogance and lack of humility is not how most Americans want to be represented.

I couldn't support a team with LeBron in it tbh. I haven't watched their games so I wouldn't know if they are being arrogant etc. but tbh I rather the underdog win always if Aus aren't competing

I root against them, and I'm not torn about it at all.

Go Manu, Go Tiago, Go Tony!

When other teams have made the game competative, its sucks to see the NBA players gradually falling back into the habits of running and crying to the officials after every whistle. This isn't the NBA. Just go out there and play your heart out. If your that much better than everybody then you shouldn't have to cry to the refs.

I don't root against the US, but I wouldn't be crushed if this group of players lost either.

I can't root for Team USA, bunch of arrogant idiots with their trash talking and showboating is just ridiculous! They make our country look bad as they don't handle winning without any grace or class! :bang

Rooting for Argentina, France, Brazil and Australia as they have our Spurs are playing Manu, Tony, Diaw, De Colo, Mills and Splitter.:toast

Yeah, I don't care if Team USA wins anything. The fact that they are so wildly inconsistent — winning by 80 points one game and 5 points the next — makes them impossible to like. The point of the Olympics is to bring the "America, Fuck Yeah" goods, and if Team USA isn't living up to that reasonable expectation of annihilating international competition, I hope they get unseated from their sense of entitlement and complacency. Particularly by a team featuring Spurs players.

......but the '92 Dream Team was the best most likeable team ever because :cry Chases_with_bible :cry was on the squad!

Juggity
08-07-2012, 11:07 AM
......but the '92 Dream Team was the best most likeable team ever because :cry Chases_with_bible :cry was on the squad!

I don't care about class, tbh.

My statement concerns the lack of effort displayed by American players, who aren't curbstomping international competition to the degree that they are obligated.

Why should I love a team that is purportedly the best in the world, but wins by five points to Lithuania? That's embarrassing.

baseline bum
08-07-2012, 11:26 AM
Fuck this shit, if I can't watch classball then I have no rooting interest tbh.

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-07-2012, 01:10 PM
I don't care about class, tbh.

My statement concerns the lack of effort displayed by American players, who aren't curbstomping international competition to the degree that they are obligated.

Why should I love a team that is purportedly the best in the world, but wins by five points to Lithuania? That's embarrassing.
Their average margin of victory is like 30 points. Do you think that doesn't qualify as curb stomping the competition?

Why are they obligated to curb stomp the competition?

TE
08-07-2012, 01:11 PM
Too much butthurt in that thread tbh.

TE
08-07-2012, 01:13 PM
:lol bitching about the lack of killer instinct as glorified by players on that 92 squad
:lol double standard
:lol class

pass1st
08-07-2012, 01:20 PM
Just another day upstairs

weebo
08-07-2012, 01:20 PM
Personally, I can't root for any team that has Carmelo Anthony.

Juggity
08-07-2012, 01:27 PM
Why are they obligated to curb stomp the competition?

Murka

HeatChamps
08-07-2012, 01:37 PM
Go to some fucking other country then. I love our country and our team.

jeebus
08-07-2012, 01:56 PM
Just another day upstairs

it's like there's spurstalk, which is a great forum. then there is upstairs, which is like a 1999 AOL message board.

ginobili's bald spot
08-07-2012, 02:03 PM
:lmao I've never seen a fan base that thinks they've cornered the market on class like spurfan does. That shit really is bizarre. What started this entire "spurs=class" cult anyway?

HeatChamps
08-07-2012, 02:13 PM
David Robinson and Avery Johnson I'm sure. Religious as they are.

NuGGeTs-FaN
08-07-2012, 02:14 PM
Sons this team is too busy checking out the talent from other countries.

KoMe is too busy focusing on aussie swimmers. Hopefully Steph Rice manages to infiltrate the team and spikes their drinks, poisons their food, gives them crabs or something, anything to give the Aussies a chance :smokin

KoolAid Mans Brother
08-07-2012, 02:48 PM
It's really simple. If you live in the USA, and are pulling against Team USA, then get the fuck out of this country and don't ever come back. End of discussion. Stupid GNSF Motherfuckers. Go move to Argentina and suck on Manu's cock.

Ace
08-07-2012, 02:56 PM
:lmao Such sensitive pussies

Woo Bum-kon
08-07-2012, 02:56 PM
It's really simple. If you live in the USA, and are pulling against Team USA, then get the fuck out of this country and don't ever come back. End of discussion. Stupid GNSF Motherfuckers. Go move to Argentina and suck on Manu's cock.

They would if they could.

HeatChamps
08-07-2012, 02:57 PM
I approve of this message.

Juggity
08-07-2012, 03:02 PM

http://i.imgur.com/v5FqL.gif

johnsmith
08-07-2012, 03:04 PM
:lmao I've never seen a fan base that thinks they've cornered the market on class like spurfan does. That shit really is bizarre. What started this entire "spurs=class" cult anyway?

Which is kind of ironic....considering the people of SA.

dirk4mvp
08-07-2012, 03:17 PM
morbidly obese piles of shit = class

Grey Spurfan
08-07-2012, 03:22 PM
The rest of you can keep your basketball, we'll stick to classketball.

FkLA
08-07-2012, 03:23 PM
If you sit back and look at them without red, white, and blue glasses...the USA team really isnt classy at all, tbh.

Grey Spurfan
08-07-2012, 03:38 PM
If you sit back and look at them without red, white, and blue glasses...the USA team really isnt classy at all, tbh.

Órale carnal! Those red white and green shades are where it's at if you know what I mean.

O.J. Simpson
08-07-2012, 03:46 PM
lol, hating jigs more than loving your own country.

pass1st
08-07-2012, 03:56 PM

Since you're in prison for the rest of your life anyways, OJ, why don't you just admit you did it

ElNono
08-07-2012, 03:59 PM
Since you're in prison for the rest of your life anyways, OJ, why don't you just admit you did it

Lots of books to sell, tbh... he should wait until his deathbed, IMO.

pass1st
08-07-2012, 04:01 PM
Lots of books to sell, tbh... he should wait until his deathbed, IMO.

Why would I do it?
How would I do it?
I really did it.....or did I?

O.J. Simpson
08-07-2012, 04:05 PM

:lol Thinking I killed those two gold-digging coke heads. I would love to take a stab at (lol) their families, but they got me in here for taking back my own shit!

timtonymanu
08-07-2012, 05:08 PM
If Team USA had Duncan or Kawhi for example, Spur fan wouldn't complain.

Spur fan hits a new low. :lol

baseline bum
08-07-2012, 05:14 PM
If Team USA had Kawhi they beat Lithuania by 25 tbh.

baseline bum
08-07-2012, 05:14 PM
Shoulda had StackJack there too.

whitemamba
08-07-2012, 05:21 PM
do spurs fans like live or die by the "class" standards. i dont understand its a game with a bunch of fuckn nigs from the hood.. like how do u expect to it to be classy. tbh i miss the days when talkin shit and taunting was not a big deal, the NBA was more fun and exciting to watch back then.

DAF86
08-07-2012, 05:28 PM
And why are you guys so butthurt about how others feel about this team?

If anything they're the ones being true to themselves, they don't like those guys when they play in the NBA and they don't like them now. Why would they have to change how they feel just because they put on a Team USA jersey? If you like to switch preferences fine but don't judge those with stronger moral convictions :lol

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-07-2012, 05:30 PM
Whoever said you had to like all the players on the team?

I still think Westbrook is a worthless arrogant chimpanzee but it doesn't mean I'm gonna chear against the US team.

DAF86
08-07-2012, 05:33 PM
And who says you have to cheer for a team just because it's built with players from your country?

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-07-2012, 05:36 PM
And who says you have to cheer for a team just because it's built with players from your country?
Because it's representing your country in the Olympics...

Was that question really necessary?

lakerhaterade
08-07-2012, 05:39 PM
:lol DAF86
:lol "classless"
:lol dumbshit questions
:lol greyest of greys
:lol Manu>Dirk

lakerhaterade
08-07-2012, 05:42 PM
If Team USA had Kawhi they beat Lithuania by 25 tbh.

nigga, the fuck you doing here? Ain't you suppose to be climbing some mountains or some shit?

baseline bum
08-07-2012, 05:42 PM
I don't cheer for my country in war; what the fuck would I root for them in basketball for?

DAF86
08-07-2012, 05:44 PM

So? if other people have other priorities who are we to question them?

Pelicans78
08-07-2012, 05:44 PM
I don't feel obligated to root for anyone. I just watch to watch. But I would be disappointed if Team USA didn't win gold. The other teams in this tournament just aren't close to the level of Team USA and that's without all the best players like Howard, Wade, etc.

Otherwise, I really don't care how the men's polo team does.

whitemamba
08-07-2012, 06:11 PM

:lol:lol:lol

the U.S. image is tarnished enough as is i dont think basketball is the reason people are not going to like us.:downspin::lmao

Ace
08-07-2012, 06:36 PM
Whoever said you had to like all the players on the team?

I still think Westbrook is a worthless arrogant chimpanzee but it doesn't mean I'm gonna chear against the US team.

Unless you're a faggot like Aussiefaggot "I won't root for a team with LeBron :cry"

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-07-2012, 06:37 PM
That'd change real quick if Lebron ever went to the Spurs :lol

ElNono
08-07-2012, 06:43 PM
That'd change real quick if Lebron ever went to the Spurs :lol

Lebron isn't classy enough, tbqh, fwiw, lamborghini mercy, imo

lakerhaterade
08-07-2012, 07:04 PM
Unless you're a faggot like Aussiefaggot "I won't root for a team with LeBron :cry"

:cry :cry Only in America :cry :cry

Koolaid_Man
08-07-2012, 07:52 PM

Lebron is my nigga when he laces em up for team USA...I'm just embarrassed that he doesn't know how to pick up ho's...:lol

other than that people that root against him in these games are probably originally from a third world country even though they won't admit it...or Spur fan who is butt hurt that Timmy and his bronze medal wasn't invited...and Manu and Parker will get their shit rammed in by team USA...that has to hurt if your Spurs fan....I can see why their mad :lol

Clipper Nation
08-07-2012, 07:55 PM
do spurs fans like live or die by the "class" standards. i dont understand its a game with a bunch of fuckn nigs from the hood.. like how do u expect to it to be classy. tbh i miss the days when talkin shit and taunting was not a big deal, the NBA was more fun and exciting to watch back then.
I see your point, B, but I also get that if your favorite team isn't full of assholes, that's definitely a plus, tbh.....

AussieFanKurt
08-07-2012, 08:04 PM
:lol got a mention

AussieFanKurt
08-07-2012, 08:07 PM

faggot, faggot, faggot.... I have no originality in my abuse, my name's ACE. I joined the forum after LeBron joined the heat because I'm a bandwaggoner

Kidd K
08-07-2012, 08:14 PM
To be honest, I don't really give much of a fuck about the lack of class. I just don't like half of the team.

Do not like the attitudes of:

Westbrook
Carmello
Harden
Kobe
LeBron

And as a Spurs fan, I can't bring myself to ever cheer for Durant, despite not having a douchebag personality like the above 5 players have.

Which leaves mostly the bench guys who I give a fuck about. In other words, I dislike the players on court basically 2/3rds of the time Team USA is playing. I don't want to route for that shit.

I want to see Team USA lose more than I want to see it win this year. These guys are just too unlikable for my taste.

It brings up a great point. There's no reason to give a shit about the team just because it's filled with players who happened to be picked from your huge ass country. What happens if you dislike almost every player on the team? Why should we be forced to cheer for it because it's USA's basketball team?

I'll never cheer for a team that's made up of players with insufferably arrogant and douchey personalities. This Team USA is imo by far the douchiest Team USA we've ever fielded since they've sent NBA players.

Clipper Nation
08-07-2012, 08:16 PM
faggot, faggot, faggot.... I have no originality in my abuse, my name's ACE. I joined the forum after LeBron joined the heat because I'm a bandwaggoner
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5y8hphTlK1r98qz6o1_500.gif

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5iqq04kkd1r98qz6o1_500.gif

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5mbb40Ee41r98qz6o1_500.gif

http://i.minus.com/iM0ZAx7ZydNC3.gif

Ace
08-07-2012, 08:27 PM

Kurt it's well known you're also a sensitive pussy not just a faggot.

AussieFanKurt
08-07-2012, 08:36 PM
Kurt it's well known you're also a sensitive pussy not just a faggot.

I guess I just keep coming back because I'm a sensitive pussy, at least I'm not a LeBron dick riding bandwaggoner jumper.

Clipper Nation
08-07-2012, 08:43 PM
I guess I just keep coming back because I'm a sensitive pussy, at least I'm not a LeBron dick riding bandwaggoner jumper.
http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll40/JazzEx022/lebron-smallest-violin.gif

Ace
08-07-2012, 08:59 PM

You're also a faggot but atleast you're coming along in accepting this. :toast

dirk4mvp
08-07-2012, 09:07 PM
Durant's really classy, he went to Texas for a year, kisses his mommeh and stuff!

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-07-2012, 09:22 PM
I like how Kidd K says he/she (I can't tell if kidd k is a she or not with his/her whiny, emotional posts that ramble about worthless crap) doesn't care about the lack of class, then goes on to rant about how unclassy he/she thinks the players are.

HeatChamps
08-07-2012, 09:33 PM
fuck team usa. i don't like a single one of their playas except durant.
Fuck you. Go to Afghanistan or something. Lebron owned Durant in the finals. Eat that.

Koolaid_Man
08-07-2012, 09:48 PM
To all you homo's, traitors, and republicans bagging on team USA just remember David Stern is a Democrat...so get on board

Michael Jordan to Headline a Barack Obama Fundraising Event

NBA folks — past and current — have helped out (http://www.slamonline.com/online/news-rumors/top-news/2011/11/barack-obama-to-hold-charity-exhibition-game/) U.S. President Barack Obama by taking part fundraising events (http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2012/02/barack-obama-held-30000-a-person-fundraiser-at-vince-carters-house/) throughout the years, and as the 2012 election draws closer, some of the big guns are coming out in support (https://contribute.barackobama.com/donation/obama-classic/08/ofa.html?source=obamaclassic-20120805-hp&action_code=FgxRWxYUOVIKQV0YB10BV04J&td=RVDRasIwFP2V0CcFjUk7tXYvGz7M4cSBgw3mCGl7bYNpEtJ UmGP_vkTLfAm5555z7zn3J4KGCxll0bfubMNVCSeh4KEKKC50E 42iszC-T2mcEF9ZKIWFwrHOBplHWNWJsv-ynEupXV9p49gp9FQn5Shq_YoCrr22y__LVjjwQsuLo855w9nlH ReSt60oxrXxfFNrBf-DnPY22EFIaKPs88sjolKdYQdtG3YxM0vjmZcVFrgfXgZHMaHxm KRjMkc0yRKSJfTGEIbxsrSetkgxTRY4vkvxbH4jdC1YxitQYdR Gn4WUfD-ZYoIGG14I5XRb36Nn5UAiD6DtDn0gStiMpUP0aIyEd8jXwnlNM scUDdart83LCElxBPQEPvoQLWurG9hPYooJpjQleDpHO37gVvS y4Kfmxnkvl5gBCKEVb6CPSFIyRdtwQbS8XhCtXj2t0WUnoSde7 xX9_gE) of the Prez yet again. Michael Jordan (who has been notoriously apolitical throughout his basketball life) will headline a fundraiser (http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2012/08/07/3437746/jordan-nba-players-to-raise-money.html) for Obama later on this month. Per the AP: “The Obama campaign is planning a fundraising ‘shoot-around’ and dinner in New York on Aug. 22 featuring several NBA stars, including Carmelo Anthony of the New York Knicks, Rajon Rondo of the Boston Celtics, John Wall of the Washington Wizards and others. Jordan, who played for the Chicago Bulls, Obama’s favorite NBA team, and NBA Commissioner David Stern are co-hosting a $20,000-per person fundraising dinner with the president later in the day. [...] The campaign is holding a ‘shoot-around’ with players at New York’s Chelsea Piers sports complex, including Anthony, Rondo, Wall, Paul Pierce, Kyrie Irving, Joe Johnson and former NBA centers Patrick Ewing and Alonzo Mourning. WNBA stars Sheryl Swoopes and Dawn Staley are also participating in the event, which will cost $5,000 for a parent and child or two people to have a ‘shoot-around skills session’ with the players. A $250 donation provides an autograph session with the players. Obama’s campaign plans to raffle off the chance for grass-roots supporters to attend the events.”

benefactor
08-07-2012, 09:55 PM
I like how Kidd K says he/she (I can't tell if kidd k is a she or not with his/her whiny, emotional posts that ramble about worthless crap) doesn't care about the lack of class, then goes on to rant about how unclassy he/she thinks the players are.
Kidd K sets a new low bar for greys. I've been scrolling past said takes for a while now because I can waste precious seconds on many other useless things.

DMC
08-07-2012, 10:11 PM
Soccer mom mentality

:(:depressed you won by too much :cry

DMC
08-07-2012, 10:12 PM
You are a sensitive pussy, and probably a faggot as well. Par for the course for that penal colony you occupy, you fucking 2nd class limey.

dirk4mvp
08-07-2012, 10:14 PM
You are a sensitive pussy, and probably a faggot as well. Par for the course for that penal colony you occupy, you fucking 2nd class limey.

http://gifsoup.com/view/569744/shawn-kemp-lister-blister-o.gif

Koolaid_Man
08-07-2012, 10:16 PM
And why are you guys so butthurt about how others feel about this team?

If anything they're the ones being true to themselves, they don't like those guys when they play in the NBA and they don't like them now. Why would they have to change how they feel just because they put on a Team USA jersey? If you like to switch preferences fine but don't judge those with stronger moral convictions :lol

:lol yet they spend every waking moment talking NBA...

fact is team USA is full of class...especially Kobe...Kobe takes care of his guys he's not afraid to confront anyone I guess he learned that by all his run-ins with Shaq daddy...take notes Lebron and Durant this is taking leadership to that other level...

LeBron James added 18 points and Paul 17 for the Americans, who were fueled by Argentina’s Facundo Campazzo hitting Carmelo Anthony in the groin as he hit a 3-pointer to end the third. With Anthony buckled over on the floor, players on both benches pointed fingers and jawed at each other. Campazzo acknowledged hitting Anthony on purpose, and said he did it because Paul had punched him earlier. Following the game, Kobe Bryant confronted Campazzo. “It was inappropriate,” Bryant said. “I said, ‘you don’t do that’ and he said, ‘I know.’ He knows he’s wrong. That was uncalled for and I let him know. To his credit, he acknowledged it. He said, ‘My fault, I know.’ And that was it.” Maybe not. Argentina and the U.S. could meet again in the semifinals. The two hooked up in the 2004 Athens Games with Argentina winning before the Americans atoned four years in Beijing. “We find a way to play them every single year,” Paul said. “It’s a rivalry.” Bryant said the 29-point was the U.S. team’s way of reminding the Argentineans they’ll have to play much better – or settle for silver or bronze. “You kind of want to send a message a little bit,” said Bryant, who scored just 11 points. “This was the second game in a row that a team has played us close. We didn’t want to give them confidence.”

www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2012/08/cheap-shot-from-argentina-helped-fuel-team-usa/

lakerhaterade
08-07-2012, 10:24 PM

You'd be a below average poster if you weren't such an emotional pussy about a lot of things. I don't know how men act in Australia but here in America we man the fuck up about things.

You crying like a little bitch when someone hurls a gay slur on this forum epitomizes the pussy in you.

Man the fuck up dawg.

Koolaid_Man
08-07-2012, 10:33 PM
CP3 said.... Kobe being the Black European that he is convinced them all to take a train ride back to the Olympic Village....

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a68/Koolbreezey/Pic1.jpg

DPG21920
08-07-2012, 10:36 PM
http://gifsoup.com/view/569744/shawn-kemp-lister-blister-o.gif

:wow That was nasty

DPG21920
08-07-2012, 10:36 PM
They aren't unclassy, some of them just act like such idiots. They still ball though. Hard.

Koolaid_Man
08-07-2012, 10:41 PM
CP3 said.... Kobe being the Black European that he is convinced them all to take a train ride back to the Olympic Village....

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a68/Koolbreezey/Pic1.jpg

:lol I wonder why K-Love isn't in the pic...they probably said:" Take the fucking picture white boy or we'll kick your ass." :lol

dirk4mvp
08-07-2012, 10:50 PM
Weird that HH and Koolaids started posting at roughly the same time tonight.

dirk4mvp
08-08-2012, 12:39 AM
I know how to delete posts too..

I do not care what other aliases you may have, just be honest to yourself.

Banzai
08-08-2012, 12:43 AM
Fuck that..blow all the motherfuckers out of the gym.

dirk4mvp
08-08-2012, 12:54 AM
I don't think I accused you of anything actually.

#1 Timmys Fan
08-08-2012, 01:40 AM
kidd k sets a new low bar for greys. I've been scrolling past said takes for a while now because i can waste precious seconds on many other useless things.

+1

Kidd K
08-08-2012, 02:10 AM

I like how you apparently you can't differentiate between being classless on the court during a game and being a douchebag off the court, yet still have the audasity to talk trash to other posters about it despite you being completely clueless.

Kidd K sets a new low bar for greys. I've been scrolling past said takes for a while now because I can waste precious seconds on many other useless things.

Thank you for your irrelevant opinion. Please continue with your personally admitted useless existance while continuing to acknowledge things you claim to ignore in the exact same sentence. The hypocrisy is amusing.

Venti Quattro
08-08-2012, 02:22 AM
:lol Patty Mills
:lol Classtralia
:lol USA gon' run a train on you

The Refrigerator
08-08-2012, 02:24 AM
I like how you apparently you can't differentiate between being classless on the court during a game and being a douchebag off the court, yet still have the audasity to talk trash to other posters about it despite you being completely clueless.

Thank you for your irrelevant opinion. Please continue with your personally admitted useless existance while continuing to acknowledge things you claim to ignore in the exact same sentence. The hypocrisy is amusing.

Shut the fuck up, faggot.

AussieFanKurt
08-08-2012, 02:32 AM
:lol Patty Mills
:lol Classtralia
:lol USA gon' run a train on you

There's no doubt we will lose and lose badly. It will actually be embarrassing and I will be sleeping in tomorrow so I don't have to watch us get metaphorically raped

whitemamba
08-08-2012, 02:58 AM
There's no doubt we will lose and lose badly. It will actually be embarrassing and I will be sleeping in tomorrow so I don't have to watch us get metaphorically raped

lol way to take it like a man:downspin:

Latarian Milton
08-08-2012, 03:04 AM
aussies beat the russians with a buzzer beater when the russians had a perfect 4-0 record before this game. teams like lithuania/argentina should feel lucky to have avoided the aussies in the 1/4 finals, aussias have all weapons to eliminate any team in this group not named US tbh

ezau
08-08-2012, 03:13 AM
I still can't find any logical reason to cheer for the chimp called Russell Westbrook.