PDA

View Full Version : Yes. This IS a thing.

Fpoonsie
08-07-2012, 11:51 AM
B4_C1BmT-R8

Can't wait for some drunk bastard to accidentally take a bite out of his Redbox case or try to shove his pizza in the DVD player.

baseline bum
08-07-2012, 12:04 PM
That shit looks horrible. It takes 700-800 degrees to properly cook a pizza.

Sportcamper
08-07-2012, 12:17 PM
It takes 700-800 degrees to properly cook a pizza.

Say What? :lmao

InRareForm
08-07-2012, 12:23 PM
That pizza had like no sauce.

baseline bum
08-07-2012, 12:23 PM
Say What? :lmao

That's the temperature you need to get that great NY style crust. That's why the frozen pizzas from the grocery still all taste like shit.

leemajors
08-07-2012, 12:32 PM
That's the temperature you need to get that great NY style crust. That's why the frozen pizzas from the grocery still all taste like shit.

Try a pizza stone.

CubanSucks
08-07-2012, 01:00 PM
That shit looks horrible. It takes 700-800 degrees to properly cook a pizza.

what the fuck are you talking about? I worked at 2 pizza places when I was in high school and both places ovens were always around 500

monosylab1k
08-07-2012, 01:10 PM
what the fuck are you talking about? I worked at 2 pizza places when I was in high school and both places ovens were always around 500

And were those places called "Domino's" and "Pizza Hut"? Just because you have experience making shitty pizza doesn't mean you suddenly know what it takes to make good pizza. BB is right, the top notch places in NYC use ovens that get from 800-1000 degrees.

The Reckoning
08-07-2012, 01:10 PM

youre a pizza delivery guy?

:lmao

kowabunga dude!

monosylab1k
08-07-2012, 01:11 PM
ROFL "I made pizza at Cici's so I know what I'm talking about!"

CuckingFunt
08-07-2012, 02:01 PM
http://www.ancorapizza.com/pizzarules/

Rule #7.

Sportcamper
08-07-2012, 02:13 PM
BB is right, the top notch places in NYC use ovens that get from 800-1000 degrees.

Think about it…If you had an oven at 800 to 1000 degrees the employee putting pizzas in & out of the oven would need to wear special safety gear…Even if you had a platter that reached five feet your eye brows could get singed…That being said only wood burning ovens get that hot and that is inside the fire box…The cooking side is plenty hot at 500 degrees…1000 degrees would burn all of the toppings before the crust got cooked…

johnsmith
08-07-2012, 02:19 PM
And were those places called "Domino's" and "Pizza Hut"? Just because you have experience making shitty pizza doesn't mean you suddenly know what it takes to make good pizza. BB is right, the top notch places in NYC use ovens that get from 800-1000 degrees.

Mono, I've always liked you, always considered you a top notch poster, and I've always been certain that we could drink beers and enjoy football in a bar environment.....but you will shut your mouth about Domino's. That shit is good nowadays.

ChumpDumper
08-07-2012, 02:20 PM
I don't know about "good" -- it's certainly better than it was.

johnsmith
08-07-2012, 02:26 PM
I don't know about "good" -- it's certainly better than it was.

Chump, same with you. One of my favorite posters, but just stop right there.

It's fucking good. I don't care what anyone says, I'm right and everyone else that disagrees with me is wrong.

I'm putting my foot down on this subject. End of discussion.

Bill_Brasky
08-07-2012, 02:28 PM
Barf. Reminds me of the "EXTRA BIG ASS FRIES" machine from Idiocracy.

johnsmith
08-07-2012, 02:31 PM
Barf. Reminds me of the "EXTRA BIG ASS FRIES" machine from Idiocracy.

Also, that is an entertaining movie. Not open for discussion.

Slomo
08-07-2012, 02:39 PM
Real italian pizza is baked in a wood burning owen. If you've ever been in an Italian pizzeria you will notice that when the cook adds a log into the owen where there is no flames - just amber - it will auto ignite. The autoignition point of wood is 300 deg. C or 575 deg. F. Judging by the size of the logs and the speed of the ignition I would guess the temp to be quite a bit higher, so 400 deg. C seems like a good guess.

I'm going to go with BB on this one.

cantthinkofanything
08-07-2012, 02:45 PM
Mono, I've always liked you, always considered you a top notch poster, and I've always been certain that we could drink beers and enjoy football in a bar environment.....but you will shut your mouth about Domino's. That shit is good nowadays.

Chump, same with you. One of my favorite posters, but just stop right there.

It's fucking good. I don't care what anyone says, I'm right and everyone else that disagrees with me is wrong.

I'm putting my foot down on this subject. End of discussion.

Also, that is an entertaining movie. Not open for discussion.

johnsmith smokin today

dirk4mvp
08-07-2012, 02:53 PM
that asshole machine doesn't even cut it for you. also lol making it easier for america to become FAT.

brb eating pizza from a vending machine ###YOLO

Woo Bum-kon
08-07-2012, 02:53 PM
Why is there more elitism when it comes to pizza than any other food?

johnsmith
08-07-2012, 02:56 PM

I think it's because every region has it's own "style"......which is what makes Domino's so fucking good....it's the same everywhere.

Sportcamper
08-07-2012, 02:57 PM
Real italian pizza is baked in a wood burning owen.
WTF is that noise...:lol Real Italian pizza is cooked in all kinds of ovens...
I doubt either of you are Italian or have Italian family that owns a pizzeria…Wood burning ovens do make a great pizza….Just not at 1000 degrees on the cooking side…

PizzaDeliveryGuy
08-07-2012, 03:00 PM
youre a pizza delivery guy?

kowabunga dude!

:flipoff

SA210
08-07-2012, 03:14 PM

It's the GOVERNMENT!! :lmao

cantthinkofanything
08-07-2012, 03:22 PM
I think it's because every region has it's own "style"......which is what makes Domino's so fucking good....it's the same everywhere.

McDonald's is the same everywhere but it sucks

SourCandy
08-07-2012, 03:34 PM
:lol

Arguing over pizza temp. Wow

Sportcamper
08-07-2012, 03:54 PM
Arguing over pizza temp. Wow

Finally a topic that I know something about…

blkroadrunners
08-07-2012, 04:03 PM

If they'd cut back on the garlic some, I'd probably agree with you.

johnsmith
08-07-2012, 04:14 PM
If they'd cut back on the garlic some, I'd probably agree with you.

FUCK YOU. If I can't taste that shit a good two hours after eating it, then they did it wrong.

I'm not budging here. I'm right.

johnsmith
08-07-2012, 04:15 PM
I mean that FUCK YOU in the nicest way though.

cantthinkofanything
08-07-2012, 04:21 PM
Fuck Dominos. Years ago, I spent my hard earned money on their overpriced average pizza. Now I'm broke and Tom Monaghan is a billionaire. And now Dominos chooses to use better ingredients and charge less??????

johnsmith
08-07-2012, 04:22 PM
Fuck Dominos. Years ago, I spent my hard earned money on their overpriced average pizza. Now I'm broke and Tom Monaghan is a billionaire. And now Dominos chooses to use better ingredients and charge less??????

:ihit

cantthinkofanything
08-07-2012, 04:24 PM
:ihit

I mean...I still eat it...but...would have been nice for them to thank me for those early years.

Slomo
08-07-2012, 04:42 PM
WTF is that noise...:lol Real Italian pizza is cooked in all kinds of ovens...
I doubt either of you are Italian or have Italian family that owns a pizzeria…Wood burning ovens do make a great pizza….Just not at 1000 degrees on the cooking side…

Laugh as much as you want, but real Italian pizza in Italy IS baked in a wood burning oven (FYI this statement is also historically correct). They will bake it in all sort of ovens (electric, gas) in Italy too, but ask any Italian and they will confirm that if it's not a wood burning stove it's not the traditional way.

I don't have family members owning a pizzeria, but I do have a good friend from Rome who owns a traditional pizzeria in Munich. Of course I can always make the 45 minutes drive to Italy and check again if you wish.

SA210
08-07-2012, 04:57 PM
Does ANYONE really expect a Red Box type express machine outside of a Valero to make real authentic traditional Pizza from the Old Country?

cantthinkofanything
08-07-2012, 05:12 PM
Does ANYONE really expect a Red Box type express machine outside of a Valero to make real authentic traditional Pizza from the Old Country?

:cry my pizza from vending machine doesn't taste authentic

monosylab1k
08-07-2012, 05:43 PM

rofl I like Domino's too. I'm no pizza snob, I'll eat just about anything that's bread with tomato sauce and cheese on it, and I'll probably enjoy it. I'm just saying that as good as Domino's is, it's still not what one would consider the pinnacle of pizza. And for CubanSucks to bring up his past experience making P'zones like it somehow makes him an expert on pizza, well that just solidifies his jizz mopper status even further imho.

Creepn
08-07-2012, 07:08 PM
Lmao Mono :lol

tlongII
08-07-2012, 07:14 PM
http://www.ancorapizza.com/pizzarules/

Rule #7.

False

tlongII
08-07-2012, 07:19 PM
Laugh as much as you want, but real Italian pizza in Italy IS baked in a wood burning oven (FYI this statement is also historically correct). They will bake it in all sort of ovens (electric, gas) in Italy too, but ask any Italian and they will confirm that if it's not a wood burning stove it's not the traditional way.

I don't have family members owning a pizzeria, but I do have a good friend from Rome who owns a traditional pizzeria in Munich. Of course I can always make the 45 minutes drive to Italy and check again if you wish.

WGAF! :lol Pizza wasn't invented in Italy anyway! :lol

ALVAREZ6
08-07-2012, 07:41 PM

TBH I had no fucking clue traditional pizza is made at such high temps. And where the fuck is it gonna stop with the convenience, soon we're gonna have vending machines that make "steaks" and potatoes in the same amount of time that it takes for a soda to fall from a machine. I used to be a bum in college, relying on a lot of frozen food, but now it grosses me out how much frozen food and really unfresh shit most people eat.

dirk4mvp
08-07-2012, 09:21 PM
Popovich & crew is gettin hungry for another dicking.

what? Did you purposefully make your favorite team sound gay?

SA210
08-07-2012, 09:34 PM
"日本のシェフが実際にそれぞれのマシンとあなたの食事を調理するために内部である"

Translation: "A Japanese chef is actually inside each machine and cooks your meal to order"

kMaNm1C8y7c&feature

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-07-2012, 09:42 PM
It's pretty sad that the pizza looks so disgusting in a commercial. Places like McDonalds/Little Ceasars/etc. at least put in the effort to make their food look good in commercials.

LnGrrrR
08-07-2012, 09:49 PM
Tbh, Domino's is fucking horrible. Cardboard with shitty sauce. I'd rather have Pizza Hut or my fave chain, Papa Johns.

Woo Bum-kon
08-07-2012, 10:01 PM

:lol That does sound quite gay. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought so.

baseline bum
08-07-2012, 10:25 PM
I haven't had Domino's in probably 5-6 years because it was so awful. Papa John's is pretty good shit though. Still not comparable to places that cook it correctly at 700+ degrees though.

baseline bum
08-07-2012, 10:28 PM
It's pretty sad that the pizza looks so disgusting in a commercial. Places like McDonalds/Little Ceasars/etc. at least put in the effort to make their food look good in commercials.

Yeah, what was that nasty looking slice of cheese with the pepperoni?

Slomo
08-08-2012, 02:39 AM

Of course not.

The debate was about the temp at which a real pizza is baked.

Slomo
08-08-2012, 02:41 AM
WGAF! :lol Pizza wasn't invented in Italy anyway! :lol

Please do enlighten us. Where was the pizza invented?

Jacob1983
08-08-2012, 03:45 AM
That pizza looked like a large lunchable pizza. Digornio and Red Baron's pizzas look better than that and those are frozen pizza brands.

Wild Cobra
08-08-2012, 04:00 AM
My question is this...

Which SpursTalk poster is most likely to buy the machine for his or her home first?

Wild Cobra
08-08-2012, 06:23 AM
pizza was invented by nike in portland
Pssstttt.....

Nike is headquarters in Beaverton.

ALVAREZ6
08-08-2012, 04:21 PM

The line is P & C is ...for another ring. From a song. I previously had it as the correct lyrics when they looked like they were on their way to another championship (up 2-0 in WCF), but as they simply got dicked for the backdoor sweep game after game I thought the change was more fitting. I suppose I did make them sound gay, they wanted that OKC dick I suppose.

mrsmaalox
08-08-2012, 05:18 PM
Cooking 101: The thinner the crust, the hotter the oven, short cooking time. Thicker crust, cooler oven and longer cooking time. Pizza ovens are constructed to have different temps at different areas to accomodate all crusts and thoroughly heat toppings without burning. The true art to cooking pizza is knowing how to move the pizza around in order to get proper cooking.

InRareForm
08-08-2012, 08:35 PM
dominos changed their recipe, it's actually decent with 5.99 carryout price lol

tlongII
08-08-2012, 09:02 PM
Please do enlighten us. Where was the pizza invented?

It was Italy. My bad.

Slomo
08-10-2012, 09:12 AM
Well Kori I happen to be very cross at Slomo…He said that Italian Americans don’t know anything about making pizzas & that hurt my feelings….:depressed

:lol

Well I didn't say they didn't know anything, I did claim they knew less than Italians :p:

Seriously are you Italian American? Which gen?

The funny thing is that I actually like deep dish pizza, which originated in the States but it is a very different dish.

Homeland Security
08-10-2012, 01:11 PM

It's a current white people fad.

Sportcamper
08-10-2012, 04:05 PM
Seriously are you Italian American? Which gen?

The funny thing is that I actually like deep dish pizza, which originated in the States but it is a very different dish.

Sicilian…Two relatives owned pizzerias / Italian delis…Stone oven & cast iron with red brick…It is a little known fact that the secret to a great pizza is the home made dough & sauce…My Aunt had a 10 gallon pot of spaghetti sauce simmering on a cast iron stove 24/7…

Deep dish is a Chicago thing…Not USA thing…

cantthinkofanything
08-10-2012, 04:09 PM
buWY9uxJC0M

CuckingFunt
08-10-2012, 05:59 PM
Sicilian…Two relatives owned pizzerias / Italian delis…Stone oven & cast iron with red brick…It is a little known fact that the secret to a great pizza is the home made dough & sauce…My Aunt had a 10 gallon pot of spaghetti sauce simmering on a cast iron stove 24/7…

I can't stand deep dish. Too much bread.

My Sicilian relatives never made pizza. My great-grandmother often made sfinciuni, but that's different. Doesn't even have sauce on it.

Slomo
08-10-2012, 06:26 PM

You won't get an argument from me there. A very good friend of mine from Rome with whom I shared an office for a long time always tests a new pizzeria by ordering a Margherita. It's simple and it's honest - good dough, good sauce and good mozzarella, there's no way to hide a subpar component.

And yes I've been hanging out with Italians too long, their willingness to argue for hours about food has rubbed off on me :lol

Woo Bum-kon
08-10-2012, 08:16 PM
You won't get an argument from me there. A very good friend of mine from Rome with whom I shared an office for a long time always tests a new pizzeria by ordering a Margherita. It's simple and it's honest - good dough, good sauce and good mozzarella, there's no way to hide a subpar component.

And yes I've been hanging out with Italians too long, their willingness to argue for hours about food has rubbed off on me :lol

You don't look like someone who is picky about what he eats.

monosylab1k
08-10-2012, 09:02 PM
Yeah deep dish Chicago style crap is fucking disgusting and shouldn't be called pizza.

monosylab1k
08-10-2012, 09:02 PM
If you need a fork and knife it's not pizza imho. Fold that shit like New Yorkers, that's how real pizza is eaten.

Slomo
08-11-2012, 03:26 AM
muthafuckin deep dish pizza is the absolute pinnacle of awesomeness

eat beats the fucking shit out of the original pizza

slomo's right. it's a different food. and superior

I said I like dip dish pizza (mainly because I rarely get to eat it), but I never said I preferred it to the original. Italian pizza is much better food.

Slomo
08-11-2012, 03:35 AM

You don't look like redzero either, and yet...

Sportcamper
08-11-2012, 09:04 AM
Americans tend to judge a good pizza by how heavy & greasy it is…That is what makes some deep dish pizzas disgusting…Sausage, pepperoni, Canadian bacon, too much sauce & cheese…I prefer a deep dish that is vegetarian…Peeled Roma tomatoes, modest amount of chopped onions, oregano & garlic, shrooms,modest amount of mozzarella…

BUMP
08-11-2012, 09:10 AM

crofl

'um-Ko, with the inadvertent elbow, crowd booing and hissing, but still calmly making the elbow jumper as his defender is on the ground with a broken nose goods par per etc