PDA

View Full Version : Lindsey Named Jazz GM

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-07-2012, 12:01 PM
Dennis Lindsey Named Jazz General Manager
Aug 07, 2012 12:32 PM EDT

The Jazz have hired Dennis Lindsey as general manager as Kevin O'Connor has been promoted to become executive vice president of basketball operations.

Lindsey, who was formerly the GM of the Rockets, most recently was an assistant GM with the Spurs.

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/222848/Dennis_Lindsey_Named_Jazz_General_Manager#ixzz22sf HQ9Up

weebo
08-07-2012, 01:25 PM
Maybe he'll trade for Bonner.

FvckMavs
08-07-2012, 01:28 PM
Jazz needs 3pt shooters...

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-07-2012, 01:57 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=8lgmkl5

urunobili
08-07-2012, 01:59 PM
the jinx is gone!

CGD
08-07-2012, 01:59 PM

The Jazz would probably need to add a sweetener to make that trade work.

Solid D
08-07-2012, 05:49 PM
rVoKlqbz1l4

racm
08-07-2012, 08:04 PM

I like that trade. The Spurs can get away with starting Favors and Duncan because TD's a jump shooter nowadays.

maverick1948
08-07-2012, 08:18 PM
The Jazz would probably need to add a sweetener to make that trade work.
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=8lgmkl5 (http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=8lgmkl5)

Jazz would roll over laughing at this deal.

Why would the Jazz have to add a sweetner for this trade to work? Bonner and Byers for Favors. And they would have to give more for Bonner? Byers? Favors was a top 3 draft pick in 2010 and is a whooping 21 years old. He has a lot of time to develop. Everyone on here says Bonner is trash and want him gone and Byers is just a space filler. Getting Favors for Bonner and Byers would be a steal for the SPURS. Favors on a team with players like TD, TP, KL and Manu with role players like BD, SJ, DG, CJ, GN, DB, PM and TS, just might become a solid future All-star. I might even throw in Gary Neal instead of Byers. Would still be a great trade for the Spurs.

JonNOKC
08-07-2012, 09:12 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=8lgmkl5 (http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=8lgmkl5)

Jazz would roll over laughing at this deal.

Why would the Jazz have to add a sweetner for this trade to work? Bonner and Byers for Favors. And they would have to give more for Bonner? Byers? Favors was a top 3 draft pick in 2010 and is a whooping 21 years old. He has a lot of time to develop. Everyone on here says Bonner is trash and want him gone and Byers is just a space filler. Getting Favors for Bonner and Byers would be a steal for the SPURS. Favors on a team with players like TD, TP, KL and Manu with role players like BD, SJ, DG, CJ, GN, DB, PM and TS, just might become a solid future All-star. I might even throw in Gary Neal instead of Byers. Would still be a great trade for the Spurs.

Someone needs blue font

maverick1948
08-08-2012, 11:31 AM
Someone needs blue font

Why because I tell it like it is. Look back on all the Bonner threads and you will see the same thing said. Bonner is trash, Bonner sucks, Bonner should be traded for a bag of peanuts. And suddenly, he is greater than Favors. Favors turned 21 in July, Bonner is 32. That is 11 years difference. That is 11 years for him to rebound the basketball which is something we need. He can learn to play defense when he has a team that actually plays D. At least, I can see things with an open set of eyes. Explain our reason for Utah giving away a future player for a bag of peanuts and salary cap filler from the Spurs. You cant so you attack the poster. Go play with your lastest verson of whatever basketball game you have on your computer.

:toast

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-08-2012, 01:01 PM
Why because I tell it like it is. Look back on all the Bonner threads and you will see the same thing said. Bonner is trash, Bonner sucks, Bonner should be traded for a bag of peanuts. And suddenly, he is greater than Favors. Favors turned 21 in July, Bonner is 32. That is 11 years difference. That is 11 years for him to rebound the basketball which is something we need. He can learn to play defense when he has a team that actually plays D. At least, I can see things with an open set of eyes. Explain our reason for Utah giving away a future player for a bag of peanuts and salary cap filler from the Spurs. You cant so you attack the poster. Go play with your lastest verson of whatever basketball game you have on your computer.

*puts hand on shoulder and points toward trade link* You see son, these things are called jokes.

-21-
08-08-2012, 05:06 PM

The trade was a joke bro. He was kidding.

SPURSCHAMP
08-09-2012, 01:53 PM

:lol old man doesn't understand sarcasm

The ADMIRAL 50
08-09-2012, 05:27 PM
:lol two different posters taking the trade seriously

DPG21920
10-09-2012, 11:25 PM
So with all of the UTAH/SPURS connections these days - does anyone else think UTA might be a trading partner with the Spurs with their gluttony of big men? They have young guys like Favors (who showed some great moments), Kanter then Al Jefferson and Millsap as well. Definitely might be time for Utah to choose between which 3 they want to keep in order to get the guys the like enough PT. Not to mention, both Al Jefferson and Millsap can walk next year for nothing as they are in the last years of their contracts.

The issue appears to be that UTA has plenty of guards - so the Spurs biggest assets (guard depth) is really of no use to UTA with Mo Williams, Randy Foye and Watson already there. Not to mention, UTA has a lot of players signed (14) to guaranteed contracts and are under the luxury tax already. So finanical help isn't a big motivator at this point either.

I would imagine UTA could fetch a decent package for either Al or Paul, but with those guys being FA's next year they might want to part with one of them. Anyone think Spurs could put something together to be in the mix for one of those players?

Would an expiring contract of Jax + a first round pick be enough (so UTA keeps their cap flexibility and gains a first rounder for a guy that they probably won't re sign anyways) entice UTA?

racm
10-10-2012, 12:07 AM
Their wing rotation looks solid - if anything, Burks needs MORE minutes.

Bruno
10-10-2012, 12:22 AM
I don't think Kanter and to a lesser degree Favors have shown enough to allow Utah to consider trading Millsap or Jefferson for a so-so package. Don't forget Utah is still trying to win and they have had a good off-season.

The two teams to keep a close eye if you want Spurs to add a bigman are Bucks and Rockets. They both have a true logjam of players especially at the PF spot.

At this stage of the season, Spurs best option is likely to gave Blair his chance. He is motivated, in his best shape ever and seems to have worked a lot on his game this summer. Let's wait to see what he will do. If at the end of the training camp he hasn't done well, it will be time for Spurs to seriously look at trades opportunities. If it goes well, Spurs might not need a trade and end up with a solid PF/C rotation of Duncan/Diaw/Splitter/Blair.