PDA

View Full Version : Spurs still trying to trade Blair

TheSpursFNRule
08-07-2012, 03:27 PM
http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/222844/Spurs_Still_Attempting_To_Trade_DeJuan_Blair

...and I thought they were done for the summer and content with their bigs. Hmmm

:hat

wildbill2u
08-07-2012, 05:22 PM
http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/222844/Spurs_Still_Attempting_To_Trade_DeJuan_Blair

...and I thought they were done for the summer and content with their bigs. Hmmm

:hat

They may be done for the summer anyway if the trade for Blair is in their plans. Not many teams are looking for a short center whose coach gave up on him for the playoffs.

Vic Petro
08-07-2012, 05:40 PM
RJ teaches us that anyone is tradable.

gambit1990
08-07-2012, 06:48 PM
RJ teaches us that anyone is tradable.

:lol

i wonder what the spurs feel blair's trade value is.

Gagnrath
08-07-2012, 07:01 PM
A first rounder, and a basket case tall athlete is what the spurs want for him.

I think they can get it from a team that has two solid starters with play-off aspirations, as offensively Blair eats bench bigs for lunch and they usually aren't as able to just shoot right over him he makes a sort of super-sub.

racm
08-07-2012, 07:49 PM
Not to mention undersized bigs like him are often energy guys.

Kidd K
08-07-2012, 08:22 PM
Yeah, guys, I don't think Blair's value is as low as some of you seem to think it is. Blair is undersized. . .sure. Except, he outrebounds most guys who are 4-5 inches taller than him. You know, one of the main things being tall helps you do?

He's also a good post scorer, something that most of the bumbling 7 footers we have littering the NBA suck at right now.

The only thing his size really prevents him from doing is defending tall post scorers. If Blair was a 7 footer, he'd be a superstar center. His skill level is about as high or higher than Bynum's imo. . .he's just too short to make the same use of it.

So I think they can certainly get something decent for him. Even if they don't, I wouldn't be upset if they kept him. He can't do shit against real bigs, but he's a much better filler player than Bonner imo. I'd rather see Blair coming off the bench than Bonner or Splitter on one of his "I'm gonna play like I'm dizzy as fuck today guys" days.

Capt Bringdown
08-07-2012, 08:30 PM
Perhaps the rest of the NBA isn't interested in Pop's bizarre, failed project of trying to make Blair into an NBA player.

callo1
08-07-2012, 08:35 PM
I am amazed at the hate that DB gets here, he has played well as a Spur. If DB was on another team, there would be people on these forums talking about trying to add him. Kind of funny and sad at the same time.

IMHO had Blair played more in the WCF, he makes a difference...maybe not in the eventual outcome, but in how many games it took to get there.

I guess it makes sense...fan comes from fanatic. Knock yourselves out.

6'7" in shoes with no ACLs.

I still appreciate what DB has done as a Spur.

spursnatic
08-07-2012, 09:35 PM
Fuck that let's just trade Bonner and keep Blair....

Duncan2177
08-07-2012, 09:39 PM
Fuck that let's just trade Bonner and keep Blair....

You think Pop would want to loose his man crush with Bonner? :lol

SpurSwag
08-08-2012, 12:34 AM
I would actually be disappointed to see Blair leave. He's said on several occasions that we seem to play our best basketball when he's started the last couple of years, and I do think he's a good part of that. The way he plays goes very nicely with parker and manu, as he screens hard and rolls even harder. I would really hate it if we traded him for pick(s), if the front office moves him it really has to be for another big man.

TDMVPDPOY
08-08-2012, 12:49 AM
blair and bonner could give a fck about their production when they give up just as much on the other end....

spursnatic
08-08-2012, 07:24 AM
blair and bonner could give a fck about their production when they give up just as much on the other end....But Blair gives his up on the other end due to his size...Not not wanting to play defense...Bonner is just too slow and probably not care for playing defense

Capt Bringdown
08-08-2012, 10:22 AM
If DB was on another team, there would be people on these forums talking about trying to add him. Kind of funny and sad at the same time.

If DB was on another team, we'd be talking about how easy it is to kick his ass, and wondering what kind of stupidity hatched the idea that this turd is an NBA player.

On that happy day that Blair removes the Silver & Black for the last time, his NBA career is most likely over.

A fine career in Europe awaits him. He's been given a good shot to make it in the NBA, and the results have not been pretty. Time for both parties to move on.

DMC
08-08-2012, 10:48 AM
Package Blair and Bonner in a deal for some new towels and a Lenovo Thinkpad.

urunobili
08-08-2012, 12:00 PM
I can't understand the hate DeJuan gets. He's been a player for us since his arrival.

DPG21920
08-08-2012, 12:01 PM
You probably never followed him on Twitter :lol

But he's been solid since he's been with the Spurs. The weight issues, lack of development is a little annoying.

ivanfromwestwood
08-08-2012, 12:27 PM
He used to be a beast on the boards. I Don't know the numbers but as soon as he became a starter, his rebounding seems to have got worse. I remember when him and manu would carve teams up with the pick and roll. What happened?

TD 21
08-08-2012, 05:01 PM
Here's a logical 3-way trade: Hansbrough to the Bobcats, Blair to the Pacers, Bobcats 2nd to the Spurs.

According to Zach Lowe, the Pacers are looking to trade Hansbrough. The Bobcats are known to be looking for a PF, could use one that can make a shot and it doesn't hurt that he played at North Carolina.

Blair said the Spurs are basically looking to help him, so this would fit the bill. He'd get to reunite with a good friend, in Hill (plus, he at least knows Mahinmi), on a good young team and be in their rotation. The Pacers would get a comparable replacement for Hansbrough, for a fraction of the price.

Meanwhile, the Spurs would compromise: they wouldn't get the 1st they're believed seeking for Blair, but they also wouldn't get a potential middling 2nd round pick. They'd get a virtual 1st round pick, with a good chance at being 31st.

therealtruth
08-08-2012, 06:40 PM
Blair's defense improved somewhat this year. He must have taken his most charges this year.

Wild Cobra Kai
08-08-2012, 09:03 PM
Here's a logical 3-way trade: Hansbrough to the Bobcats, Blair to the Pacers, Bobcats 2nd to the Spurs.

According to Zach Lowe, the Pacers are looking to trade Hansbrough. The Bobcats are known to be looking for a PF, could use one that can make a shot and it doesn't hurt that he played at North Carolina.

Blair said the Spurs are basically looking to help him, so this would fit the bill. He'd get to reunite with a good friend, in Hill (plus, he at least knows Mahinmi), on a good young team and be in their rotation. The Pacers would get a comparable replacement for Hansbrough, for a fraction of the price.

Meanwhile, the Spurs would compromise: they wouldn't get the 1st they're believed seeking for Blair, but they also wouldn't get a potential middling 2nd round pick. They'd get a virtual 1st round pick, with a good chance at being 31st.

The pick wouldn't be anywhere near 31. Indy is a playoff team, for fuck's sake. That means that it will be no higher than about 45.

FuzzyLumpkins
08-08-2012, 09:21 PM
All we need to do is package he and Neal. For all of those worrying about rueing the day we trade them just run pick and rolls at them every time we play against them.

The two guys have value and Popovich has already shown that he does not trust either of them with significant minutes in the playoffs. Get what you can for them and move on.

If you can get someone stupid enough to take Bonner too then go for it but Neal/Blair has to have value.

Who needs a combo guard? Most every team needs bigs.

freetiago
08-08-2012, 09:36 PM
packaging blair and neal wont work and would be stupid
their salaries are to low to get anything back
and de colo looks like a 3rd string SG so id rather have neal

Spurs4#5
08-08-2012, 09:50 PM
The only problem I've ever had with Blair is his lack of wanting to pass the ball and his shot selection...if he fixed that I think he would be a perfect 4th big for the spurs

Kindergarten Cop
08-08-2012, 10:13 PM

The pick wouldn't be anywhere near 31. Indy is a playoff team, for fuck's sake. That means that it will be no higher than about 45.

Tyrone Jenkins
08-08-2012, 10:35 PM

It's not for Indy's 2nd, it's for the Bobcats 2nd. The Bobcats were the worst team in the league last year and will probably be one of the worst next year.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
08-08-2012, 11:04 PM
Why would we deal Blair without a player to take his place?

For all the hate Grizz gets on here, he's a very solid bench big on a low salary - there's no reason to give him away unless we have a replacement waiting in the wings, which we don't.

I'd be making sure Grizz is the backup PF rather than Bonner. With Jax, Patty and a SG out there we don't need another 3pt shooter.

spurspokesman
08-08-2012, 11:59 PM
who would be dumb enough to pull the trigger on that deal:lol

callo1
08-09-2012, 02:14 AM
The only problem I've ever had with Blair is his lack of wanting to pass the ball and his shot selection...if he fixed that I think he would be a perfect 4th big for the spurs

If Blair had an improved midrange game he would be a pretty hard guard for opponents...too quick for a 4-5 and too powerful for a 3. I think that is where his game has to evolve.

To some extent I think he got caught up in the same trap Malik Rose did after he got paid. He thought he had to score more this year, and thus forced some shots instead of hustle and board, which is his bread and butter.

Probably the thing that had the largest negative impact on Blair's game this past year was Manu's injured hand. When Manu was out, Dejuan had a much tougher time scoring...he and Manu had something special going.

I still like and respect Dejuan's game and hope that if he doesn't find happiness in the silver and black, he finds his niche with another squad. Like Scola, he will undoubtedly give the Spurs fits in another uniform.

I do not agree with others about his weight being an issue. Dejuan is playing right at the same weight he did at Pitt. To play his position, undersized at the 4, he needs to be thick.

dunkman
08-09-2012, 02:44 AM
The problem is that DeJuan is a center, but he needs to play PF in the NBA, given his height. That being said he's well worth what he's being paid, particularly for w bigman. Not sure why everybody want him gone, tbh.

Stabula
08-09-2012, 03:59 AM
I just don't understand what the fuck happened to Blair. I get it being undersized with no knees and what-not but god damn Blair you used to be a fucking beast on the boards. You got rebounds like you were Yao Ming's size and you decided to give that up and try to be a scorer. That failed.

What the fuck, man?

GO BACK TO WHAT MADE YOU VALUABLE. If he would just stay in good shape and focus on being a good rebounder and maybe even try to develop some kind, any kind, of mid range shot he would be a monster.

If none of this happens then trade his ass because he's not pathetic like Bonner. Someone would take him and hell if we packaged him up with Neal or even Joseph we could get something decent that wouldn't spend their afternoons at Whataburger.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
08-09-2012, 04:20 AM
^3 good comments. I agree. :tu

TD 21
08-09-2012, 05:46 PM
Why would we deal Blair without a player to take his place?

For all the hate Grizz gets on here, he's a very solid bench big on a low salary - there's no reason to give him away unless we have a replacement waiting in the wings, which we don't.

I'd be making sure Grizz is the backup PF rather than Bonner. With Jax, Patty and a SG out there we don't need another 3pt shooter.

Because we're talking about a fifth big here; not a rotation player. Given the unique construction of their big rotation and the way they go about things, I understand that the fifth big has to be of rotation quality, but it's not as if they're without options to replace him. Blatche, Martin, Amundson, Tolliver, White and Williams are all still available. Plus, they could always dangle Neal for a big.

Unless Blair's part of some blockbuster trade for a big name (which isn't happening), this is about the best they can do most likely. They need a better fit and he needs a fresh start. It's funny, damn near everyone wanted him gone and claimed he had miniscule value, but now if you propose any realistic trade for him, the prevailing sentiment seems to be that it's not enough. You can't have it both ways.

It's not that they necessarily need another three point shooter, but they need a big who's at least a threat to make a shot, even if it's only from 15-18 feet. The beauty of having Splitter surrounded by four three point shooters, with an elite pick-and-roll ball handler running the show is, there is no good choice for the defense. With Blair, there would be. The defense would ignore him and offer more help on Splitter's rolls and the three point shooters.

mabrignani
08-09-2012, 05:55 PM
blair = poor mans maxiell

dbestpro
08-09-2012, 08:10 PM
I just don't understand what the fuck happened to Blair. I get it being undersized with no knees and what-not but god damn Blair you used to be a fucking beast on the boards. You got rebounds like you were Yao Ming's size and you decided to give that up and try to be a scorer. That failed. .

I wolud love to keep Blair if he would just focus on rebounding and kicking the ball back out when he does rebound.

I get so tired of watching him gettting blocked, flipping up B.S. shots, not having a jump shot, and then smiling every time he screws up. It's like he's the Gomer Pyle of the NBA.

spurs10
08-09-2012, 08:37 PM
I wolud love to keep Blair if he would just focus on rebounding and kicking the ball back out when he does rebound.

I get so tired of watching him gettting blocked, flipping up B.S. shots, not having a jump shot, and then smiling every time he screws up. It's like he's the Gomer Pyle of the NBA.
What the hell is wrong with Gomer Pyle!!!!!????? He's a Marine and a true American!! :lol

SenorSpur
08-10-2012, 10:53 AM
I like Blair. While he has his limitations and liabilities, he plays with great energy and passion. However, you cannot get past his lack of size and shooting. Now that he's fallen out of favor, I believe Blair will be moved soon. Yet, I don't want him gone nearly as much as I want Bonner out of here. Though I don't ever think that will ever happen. Pop would never give up on his favorite son.

NickiRasgo
08-10-2012, 10:40 PM
NBA Rumors: DeJuan Blair to the Washington Wizards?

http://sportseekers.com/news-2/nba-rumors-dejuan-blair-to-the-washington-wizards/

Could it be Seraphin?

ace3g
08-10-2012, 10:46 PM
NBA Rumors: DeJuan Blair to the Washington Wizards?

http://sportseekers.com/news-2/nba-rumors-dejuan-blair-to-the-washington-wizards/

Could it be Seraphin?

Your link forwards to this: http://sports.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474981536067

Which then forwards to bleacher report...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1292710-nba-trade-rumors-best-landing-spots-for-dejuan-blair

NickiRasgo
08-10-2012, 10:48 PM
Your link forwards to this: http://sports.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474981536067

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1292710-nba-trade-rumors-best-landing-spots-for-dejuan-blair

I see. Thanks for that. Just saw it also on my newsfeed, I dunno what or who are his sources. lol So I searched it on Google.

But do you think this could be nice for the Spurs?

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=cpwewly

Spurologist
08-10-2012, 10:52 PM

We'd get better value if we get a MacBook pro.

jyra
08-11-2012, 12:48 AM

Best laugh I've had in a while:

With Blair's combination of size and athleticism, he can guard 3's 4's and 5's, which would make him the most versatile defender on the entire Kings roster.

:downspin:

Kidd K
08-11-2012, 01:33 AM
There shouldn't be any big rush to trade Blair tbh. We can use the depth, and there's always the possibility of using Blair as a throw in in a Stephen Jackson trade to pull off some mid-season trade for a player with around a 15m salary.

We could really pull in any number of huge, useful names with that kind of trade offer. Jackson + Blair + a draft pick. Maybe take on an extra year of salary or some shit.

If we're really going to go all in, I don't think the Spurs' owner would mind spending a little extra next year when his profit margin has been so sparklingly good for years.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
08-11-2012, 11:17 PM
Because we're talking about a fifth big here; not a rotation player. Given the unique construction of their big rotation and the way they go about things, I understand that the fifth big has to be of rotation quality, but it's not as if they're without options to replace him. Blatche, Martin, Amundson, Tolliver, White and Williams are all still available. Plus, they could always dangle Neal for a big.

Unless Blair's part of some blockbuster trade for a big name (which isn't happening), this is about the best they can do most likely. They need a better fit and he needs a fresh start. It's funny, damn near everyone wanted him gone and claimed he had miniscule value, but now if you propose any realistic trade for him, the prevailing sentiment seems to be that it's not enough. You can't have it both ways.

It's not that they necessarily need another three point shooter, but they need a big who's at least a threat to make a shot, even if it's only from 15-18 feet. The beauty of having Splitter surrounded by four three point shooters, with an elite pick-and-roll ball handler running the show is, there is no good choice for the defense. With Blair, there would be. The defense would ignore him and offer more help on Splitter's rolls and the three point shooters.

Decent point - we can always cross our fingers that Grizz is working on his 15fter as we speak! :lol

blair = poor mans maxiell

Blair is better than Maxiell, more consistent. Maxiell never became what he could have.

If Grizz for Seraphin is a possibility, we should jump on it! Unlikely though - surely he'll backup Nene and Okafor, or Okafor will back up Nene and Seraphin?

Andthentherewas21
08-12-2012, 11:38 AM
There shouldn't be any big rush to trade Blair tbh. We can use the depth, and there's always the possibility of using Blair as a throw in in a Stephen Jackson trade to pull off some mid-season trade for a player with around a 15m salary.

We could really pull in any number of huge, useful names with that kind of trade offer. Jackson + Blair + a draft pick. Maybe take on an extra year of salary or some shit.

If we're really going to go all in, I don't think the Spurs' owner would mind spending a little extra next year when his profit margin has been so sparklingly good for years.

Is there really any player or set of players the Spurs could realistically acquire though that would be worth going all in for? For $15 million your talking about the Danny Grangers and Andre Iguodala's of the NBA. They are great players, but they aren't going to put you over the top against teams like the Heat, Lakers, or OKC

TDMVPDPOY
08-12-2012, 11:51 AM
Is there really any player or set of players the Spurs could realistically acquire though that would be worth going all in for? For $15 million your talking about the Danny Grangers and Andre Iguodala's of the NBA. They are great players, but they aren't going to put you over the top against teams like the Heat, Lakers, or OKC

wtf u want either of them players? KL is better and cheaper

Andthentherewas21
08-12-2012, 12:02 PM
wtf u want either of them players? KL is better and cheaper

That's my point, your not going to get a difference maker even if your getting the top talent at that price range.

MR.SILVER&BLack
08-12-2012, 12:10 PM
Houston is the team we need to target for a trade since their plans have been ruined. Would love to trade blair, neal, & a 1st round pick for Terrence Jones but thats not going to happen, but im pretty sure they would give up Marcus Morris or Patrick Patterson to make room for White & Jones.