PDA

View Full Version : Keep Pop; Trade Parker

CaptainLate
06-24-2005, 03:58 PM
Well, overall pick #30 of next week's draft is the Phoenix pick we traded to the Knicks (along with Malik Rose and our #1 next year) for Nazr Mohammed. I think it paid off. I think it pays off even more after we have Nazr for a full training camp and season. It also makes Rasho tradeable. And barring injury to Tim and Manu, I see a return trip to the NBA Finals in 2006 and chance for repeat denied us by .4 seconds in 2004.

The pick projected for us in a Mock Draft was listed as one of the 5 top PF with the fol comments:

5. Ike Diogu, 6-8, Arizona State, junior – Dominant player in the Pac 10 the last few years despite limited support. Space eater with great scoring ability down low.

But isn't Scola a PF? If not, we could get a PF thru free agency. Who wouldn't want to come to the leading Western Conferenct contender?

I believe there is a possibility we trade up. After four years, I think Parker has shown that unless Pop changes stripes and becomes more uptempo then Parker is an inconsistent playoff PG. Although a rookie, Beno (or Beans as I like to call him) has shown every he fill our need for a conventional PG. The only question mark was his ability to stay healthy. We could even go after the Lithuanian PG (who played at Maryland and the Olympics) who we tried to pry loose from Euro-ball a couple of yrs ago. He's considered the best PG overseas who yearns to prove it in the NBA, and he could start while Beans matures.

Bottom line: Parker is a score first type PG who is only 23 and who teams would find extremely attractive, believing he has an upside. Maybe he does. But a team with a strong need for a PG would give up an All-Star SF or Lottery pick; and we need a SF that not only can defend (Bowen is getting old) but who can create his own shot and score with the Rock. That would give us offensive flexibility with nice scoring options at the 2, 3 and 4 positions when people throw 3 players at Tim (like Detroit did). Bench is still a strong point with Horry, Barry, Brown, Scola and whoever we bring back. I'd love to see what Big Dog could give us with a training camp and full season. If by February he's not working out, then trade him.

With that said, depending on how the draft goes we could just stand pat and go with our international flavor and pick someone who will be there at pick #28.

PS. If we had lost the game this thread would be titled "Fire Pop; Keep Parker" emphasizing we need a coach that will use Parker and Manu to play uptempo like Phoenix (figure more rules changes so more Phoenix-like teams become the norm), but we'd still have the players to play trademark Spurs defense.

violentkitten
06-24-2005, 04:01 PM
why on earth would you deal tony parker for an unproven rookie? goodness. where is this madness coming from?

IceColdBrewski
I wish like hell that they would trade Parker but I don't think it's gonna happen.

violentkitten
i wish like hell you'd stop thinking you knew jack about basketball but...

SWC Bonfire
06-24-2005, 04:03 PM
where is this madness coming from?

Everybody's still drunk :drunk

kevm2
06-24-2005, 04:05 PM
Beno has shown his ability to fulfill our needs as a point guard? He didn't even play the last few games of the playoffs because he was so bad on the floor. I'm not saying Parker was spectacular against Detroit, but he has played well in the playoffs. You just don't give away Parker for some guy who has yet to step foot in the NBA.

T Park
06-24-2005, 04:11 PM
I wish like hell that they would trade Parker

But he doesn't hate Tony parker noooooo

NeoConIV
06-24-2005, 04:11 PM
After so much has been invested in Parker, horrible move to trade Parker.

His coast to coasts, his tear drops, his blazing speed...no way in hell do you trade Tony...

bigzak25
06-24-2005, 04:12 PM
hey, if the spurs can get ben wallace or shaq, okafur, hell, even wade....then yeah, trade tony parker...til then STFU please. :)

midgetonadonkey
06-24-2005, 04:15 PM
After all the bullshit they went through to extend his contract last offseason, it would be stupid to trade him. He is still young and has nothing but potential.

easjer
06-24-2005, 04:16 PM
Parker is vital to the Spurs system. He is not a true point guard, but they don't need a true point guard. Have people already forgotten how well and how evenly he played the fucking MVP in the CF? He did as good a job on a stronger pg as he could and his ability to contain Rip is what allowed Pop to switch Bowen over.

Again. They will not trade Parker - he has improved vastly since the last championship, and will only get better. He's one of the fastest in the league and his inconsistency is better than previously. As he gets older he will get steadier. That's why they are investing so much money in him.

Nazr will not improve much. Rasho will not be traded. When will people understand that the Spurs NEEDED and continue to need a true size back up center? We don't need yet another PF who subs in as a smaller center. With the expanded cap room, Holt can afford to keep both and he will. Rasho is better defensively and pulls in more offensive boards. He will stay.

Scola will come in, and we will resign Horry. We do not need another PF. We do need to start training up another SF under Bruce Bowen, but will likely keep Linton Johnson for that, and potentially Devin Brown (though he seems more comfortable in the 2 spot).

easjer
06-24-2005, 04:18 PM
Something else worth noting is that while Parker struggles against pg's who are stronger than he, he can torch the smaller, faster pg's in the league. And that, friends, is where the league is headed in the next few years - away from stolid bigs and into smaller more athletic running teams. But there are enough bigs still around that it is smart to keep Rasho for now.

Uncle_Rico
06-24-2005, 04:37 PM
u dont trade him for someone unproven, but you better damn show hope he gets his soft mental ass in gear during playoffs. come on man, shot an airball on a routine shot he usually takes. 3 seasons now. claxton in 03 he sure as hell wasnt any bigger than parker..hmmmmm.

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-24-2005, 04:47 PM
Dear God! We just won a friggin' championship and people are already looking for ways to dismantle the team! There's nothing wrong with a little forward thinking, but the reality of this team is that they don't have too many free agency issues (with the exception of Glenn Robinson I expect most everyone will be back next year.) Bowen is getting a little long in the tooth but I have yet to see any real sign of him slowing down at all. Horry is getting on in years, but if we bring in Scola (and he's as good as advertised) the Spurs can limit Rob's minutes, not wear him out, and get another quality post season out of him. Otherwise don't fix what ain't broke!

Marcus Bryant
06-24-2005, 04:51 PM
It never fails, Parker starts off a series hot, the opponent radically changes their defense to stop his penetration and suddenly Spurs fans want to trade him.

Manu was less than stellar in a not too few games this series. Maybe we should trade him?

ducks
06-24-2005, 04:51 PM
this team needs to address some needs
suns have tried to get better who knows if it will work or if they use kurt thomas
but this team should not make moves just to make moves

ducks
06-24-2005, 04:52 PM
game manu sucked at the end of the game
he played 41 minutes that game
do you think spurs should trade him because he was to worn out and played bad?

duncan_21
06-24-2005, 05:03 PM
Unless you can get wade you got to keep parker. I think you add scola and keep everybody else. Of course big dog will probably be gone, devin might be in high demand so he might be gone as well (I think he would be a solid replacement for bowen in a couple of years).

You need rasho and nazr. As long as you got shaq and yao in the league you need a legitimate 7 footer.

I really, really, really, hope they resign brown even for just a one year contract. With that I think are lineup will look like this:

g parker
g manu
f bruce
f td
c nazr
g beno
g barry
f brown (positive thinking)
f horry
c rasho
f scola
draft pick/free agent

easjer
06-24-2005, 05:06 PM
Don't forget about Linton Johnson III - he's a legitimate replacement for Bowen, and less scary than Devin in terms of injuries. It seems clear to me that if they kept him this whole time, they've got some sort of stake in him.

Uncle_Rico
06-24-2005, 05:33 PM
It never fails, Parker starts off a series hot, the opponent radically changes their defense to stop his penetration and suddenly Spurs fans want to trade him.

Manu was less than stellar in a not too few games this series. Maybe we should trade him?

yeah he true. but parker totally disappears. not to mention disappears to the bench. pop always has to talk to him.

yeah parker always starts of hot, drives to the basket and jumps with no where to go (he is notorious for that) back to back tos, airballs, u name it. defense sure changes a lot of that.

u want to bust out stats...bust them out. stats and body language tell all. im not a huge fan of parker, im glad the spurs won, but this is our future pg and 3 seasons now during the playoffs in big games this guy is abscent way too many times.

Mixability
06-24-2005, 05:38 PM
Trade the starting point guard of the current champions? Wha? Why try and fix what's not broken? I'd rather the Spurs win in game 7 of the Finals with a good pg then get bounced earlier in the playoffs with a "great" pg. It's about the team, not the players. He works well with us, don't mess up the chemistry.

Timoha
06-24-2005, 05:42 PM
Please lay off Parker haters. He had a decent series. Nobody was outstanding these playoffs. Tony had a decent offensive series and a great defensive series. Remember his play on Rip in game 5? Anyhow, Pop really praised Parker. He's staying.

SouthernFried
06-24-2005, 05:53 PM
Parker is a liability to this team in the playoffs. He has been every year. Remember he had to benched last Finals, and Seely ran the team. This Finals, Bowen had to cover his man, and Pop had to bench Parker right at the beginning for screwing up the start of the game for us. After which, Parker just disappeared. He had one good three tho.

I'm not getting on Parker as much as you think tho. I actually believe he gave 110% out there. He was always hustling on Defense, and was doing his best (tho, mebbe trying to hard), on offense.

I just don't think he's gonna improve. After 4 years with the SPURS, 2 trips to the FINALS, I think we've had enough time to make some valid judgements on the guy. To me, he's our weakest, and most inconsistent link. Just cause we've spent so much time and energy on him is no reason not to trade him...why pour good money after bad.

Do I think Pop will trade him. No.

So, I think we're stuck with him. And, to be honest, there are good qualities about the guy. He fits well into the makeup of the team. He seems good freinds with TIM and Manu...he's part of the family. He does have a lotta good games during the season, and he will occassionally help in some playoff games. His speed and quickness will give him quite a few more years of being effective.

I think we could do better tho. But, I'm resigned to the fact that he's gonna be our PG for the foreseeable future...for good or bad.

Might as well enjoy it. Where's my hat??

rascal
06-24-2005, 06:59 PM
The last post was right. Parker will never be traded as long as Pop is in charge.

Dre_7
06-24-2005, 07:04 PM
Parker is 23!!!!!

Where was Kidd, Nash etc at 23????

Watch Tony grow in the next few years.

STOP THE HATE!!!!!

Tony is gonna be an allstar in the next few years!!

1Parker1
06-24-2005, 07:05 PM
Ok, this is about the 6th trade Tony Parker thread and/or Tony Parker will not improve and/or Tony Parker sucks thread that I read today. It is one day after the Spurs, with TONY PARKER, as our starting PG for the entire season and postseason have won the WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP. I just don't get it.

The funniest thing about it, not one single hater out there has said WHO the fuck they'd like to get for Parker in return, NOT ONE PERSON. I would like you Parker bashers to actually do some research and bring something real to the table other then the usual, "he's young, inconsistent, etc. etc." Name me one, ONE point guard in the league who the SPURS have a realistic chance of aquiring this next season and who you all think we fit into the Spurs defensive scheme of things, go along with Duncan and Manu being the 1st and 2nd option, and who would be ok being a 3rd option. I'd like for you to tell me ONE PG who you think we can realistically trade for, who can play some damn defense and who can keep up with MANU Ginobili in the backcourt and complement his game so well.

GO AHEAD. Gimme some names, gimme some numbers, gimme some stats. Quit repeating yourselves and give me some substenance.

ducks
06-24-2005, 07:08 PM
Go 1parker1 Go

Dre_7
06-24-2005, 07:10 PM
GO AHEAD. Gimme some names, gimme some numbers, gimme some stats. Quit repeating yourselves and give me some substenance.

J Kidd!!

NO, NO, NO, JUST KIDDING!!!!!!!!! :lol

KEEP TONY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1Parker1
06-24-2005, 07:11 PM
Go 1parker1 Go

:lol

Seriously, I don't get it. Was that a dream, or did we not win the championship last night? Seriously, was it a dream or did Rip not go 6-18 and Billups with 14 points last night when being defended by Parker?

duncan_21
06-24-2005, 07:12 PM
The funniest thing about it, not one single hater out there has said WHO the fuck they'd like to get for Parker in return, NOT ONE PERSON.

I was suggesting wade, but some how i think mia would want more. Hey how many pg's who can play d, shoot a 3, penetrate, and pass? We got a pg who's a solid defender, he can penetrate, and for a pg is an above avg passer.

Plus, as was stated he's 23!!!

We also have some great passers on the team: manu, beno, td, barry.

You can definitely live with tp. All though he has some bad games you still have to game plan for him.

1Parker1
06-24-2005, 07:14 PM
Seriously? That's what you came up with? I said something realistic, someone who you think we have a realistic chance of aquiring next season. Miami wouldn't trade us Dwayne Wade if we sent Manu AND Tony. He is the future of their franchise.

WEAK......NEXT. ANYONE?

spurster
06-24-2005, 07:19 PM
PGs don't reach their prime until they about 30. Parker is only going to get better.

For good defenses, it turns out that packing the lane limits both TD and TP, putting the pressure on the Spurs outside shooters.

duncan_21
06-24-2005, 07:19 PM
Seriously? That's what you came up with? I said something realistic, someone who you think we have a realistic chance of aquiring next season. Miami wouldn't trade us Dwayne Wade if we sent Manu AND Tony. He is the future of their franchise.

WEAK......NEXT. ANYONE?

I was just kidding man. Sarcasm anyone? Any player as young as tp that you have to game plan for is worth keeping vs. bringing someone else in who could screw up the chemistry.

I agree, the spurs will not get equal value in a trade involving tp.

stéphane
06-24-2005, 07:24 PM
Another funny thread nice..
Will people just get that Pop is not gonna trade him..
Its like Father and Son...Cause he listens to pop handles critics and plays D...
You want Parker out ? You have to fire Pop... Do you think its really smart doing so?
Didn't we just win the fucking championship???

Uncle_Rico
06-24-2005, 07:29 PM
Please lay off Parker haters. He had a decent series. Nobody was outstanding these playoffs. Tony had a decent offensive series and a great defensive series. Remember his play on Rip in game 5? Anyhow, Pop really praised Parker. He's staying.

thats more of rip being a choker than anything, parker did a good job of staying with him, but come on. rip went to parker expecting to get fouled or get a call not going for the basket and the win.

im not for trading him, but patient is thin. what happens when he does play that horrible game again and there is no one to help him. parker wont be an allstar, maybe make it once, but not with manu and tim on the team, they get the glory, the points. then parker.

avery (knock on him, he couldnt shoot well, proved everyone wrong in 99 knocking down shots and fts), claxton (bailed out tp, or tp was benched) both smaller and they hit shots in the big game. those guys dont have nearly the amount of experience parker has/had. he doesnt show up, im sorry but that's truth. these boards are the only place i know that cant stand parker criticism. i dont know but every one i know and talk to, say the same thing, parker? patience is thin on him. he has yet to prove anyone wrong in the post season.

T Park
06-24-2005, 07:33 PM
I think we're stuck with him

yeah a talented all star level point guard...

Boy the damned we are.

spurster
06-24-2005, 07:35 PM
Keep T Park; Trade CaptainLate

stéphane
06-24-2005, 07:36 PM
thats more of rip being a choker than anything, parker did a good job of staying with him, but come on. rip went to parker expecting to get fouled or get a call not going for the basket and the win.
lol
so bowen did a so so job on rip well you know he's a choker.. it has nothing to do with bruce's defense...
"he did a good job of staying with hum" geez dude seriouly on the perimeter with screens you think its easy??? Its exactly what perimeter D is all about...staying with your guy.

50 cent
06-24-2005, 08:02 PM
This thread is fucking retarded.

Uncle_Rico
06-24-2005, 08:02 PM
lol
so bowen did a so so job on rip well you know he's a choker.. it has nothing to do with bruce's defense...
"he did a good job of staying with hum" geez dude seriouly on the perimeter with screens you think its easy??? Its exactly what perimeter D is all about...staying with your guy.

im talking about the final shot one on one with parker. rip blew it. he could get a shot over parker and parker didnt even jump. why the hell are you talking about bowen? . of course bowen shuts him down. he shut down billips too. someone was saying how parker's d on the last shot was great but the best parker can do against rip is stay in front of him. read the posts. he did a good job of staying with him on that last shot, but hamilton could have easily made that shot but he went into the shot looking to draw a foul instead concentrating on the shot. im sure you would want that match up for a game winning shot parker one on one with hamilton. get real.

parker just needs to show up and i wont go off on him. by the time this dude finally shows up and matures, duncan and manu will be retired.

stéphane
06-24-2005, 08:11 PM
im talking about the final shot one on one with parker. rip blew it. he could get a shot over parker and parker didnt even jump. why the hell are you talking about bowen? . of course bowen shuts him down. he shut down billips too. someone was saying how parker's d on the last shot was great but the best parker can do against rip is stay in front of him. read the posts. he did a good job of staying with him on that last shot, but hamilton could have easily made that shot but he went into the shot looking to draw a foul instead concentrating on the shot. im sure you would want that match up for a game winning shot parker one on one with hamilton. get real.

parker just needs to show up and i wont go off on him. by the time this dude finally shows up and matures, duncan and manu will be retired.
how many points rip scored yesterday down the stretch with parker on him...?

Uncle_Rico
06-24-2005, 08:19 PM
how many points rip scored yesterday down the stretch with parker on him...?

exactly. dont tell me it's because parker is so great on defense. remember trapping billips and then bowen on billips takes touches away from rip cause you're shutting down a true point guard's ability to make the pass. it's a gamble and it worked in games 5 and 7. parker can play good defense and i know he can get used on d because of his size, but his inability to show up on offense is becomming a regular thing. thats all im saying. he's young but that excuse is wearing thin. 19 yrs he came into the league. it's time to start showing up, he has enough experience and help.

im not for trading the guy but im not too impressed with his play in the post season.

1Parker1
06-24-2005, 08:22 PM
STILL WAITING, Don't try to divert from the subject............

Where are all the Haters now?

50 & 21
06-24-2005, 08:41 PM
Parker shot 46% from the field in the finals despite great (hacking) Pistons defense. You can't knock that. You can knock his ugly 14% rate from downtown and that dreadful 44% clip from the line (team low). Blame that on Eva!

P.S. This was in no means a hate Parker post. I wouldn't trade him for LeBron. He's a Spur!

Uncle_Rico
06-24-2005, 08:59 PM
i dont want him traded either, but thats just my gripe on him. just me, getting impatient with him and then in huge games...big shot bob scored 15 points, but that should be parker's line. with bob hitting a 3 here and there. his 14% from the 3point line i dont really care about cause that isnt his game because he isnt that strong, i think he could pack on some muscle but that's just me. but the fact the he is out there waiting to shoot the 3 worries me. time will tell, im done on this thread. ANYHOW

FUCK YEAH 05 CHAMPS!!!!!!!!!! :makemyday

mcornelio
06-24-2005, 09:14 PM
all you trade whomever idiots are pissing me off... mock my words tony parker is going to be one of the best pgs by the time hes 26... not only that but we are not going to trade tony!!!... not going to trade rasho.. not going to fire pop... because he is the best coach in the league!!! yes i said it... the only other coach that compares is larry brown and he just bounces from here to there with no remorse...!!! shut the fuck up!! scola is going to fill our needs at sf, he still needs some defensive development but give him a year or two. well resign horry for another 2 years. and well be ok.. jeez fucking hoes tony has helped us get 2 rings and you faggots just want to go off and trade him like hes a nobody

cherylsteele
06-24-2005, 09:44 PM
Damn people....Tony only had on TO in a game 7 after all the problems earlier in the series....to me he stepped up big and did not cost us......sure he did not score...but he didn't make too many stupid passes/mistakes.

Jdspur20
06-24-2005, 10:16 PM
I wish like hell that they would trade Parker but I don't think it's gonna happen.

i'm sure you also wish the eagles could win the superbowl, but that won't happen either.

TDMVPDPOY
06-25-2005, 12:39 AM
trade parker for josh smith!!!

ManuTastic
06-25-2005, 08:43 AM
Parker=excels against most PGs, owned by bigger stronger PGs (Bllps, Mller, Mrbry, etc.), and that's not going to change.
He's got years to get a consistent jump shot, which he needs to do right now.
Trade... for whom? To the Lakers for Odom? They need a PG bad. Hmm, I just thought of that and I sort of like the idea...

Real solution? Pop wakes up, realizes that with this team he has a potentially fantastic zone defense, makes them work on it, Spurs win every game by 50. Word up.

ZappaFan
06-25-2005, 10:05 AM
The only ding in Parker's armor right now is a mental aspect. He'll grow out of that. This game 7 experience will be huge for him next year. It wil make him stronger mentally. He did play outstanding defense on Rip down the stretch. As he gets older and more mature the game will slow down for him and he'll make better decisions.

Seriously, if the Spurs want to deal Parker there's probably 20- 25 teams in the league that will be standing in line to get him.

TheAfricanFan
06-25-2005, 11:43 AM
This dude is not the type of Guard we need on this team. The only time since game3 that we had control of the game against Detroit was when Tony was at the bench with Barry Playin' PG for us. He is a scoring first type of player that is not clutch, can't shoot from the outside, disappears from big games, doesn't play well the pick'n'roll with Duncan, can't make the right pass at the right time for Duncan very often, and could only be used as a sub like lindsay hunter or so as bust from the bench, otherwise NO.

Do You Agree???

1Parker1
06-25-2005, 11:46 AM
:rolleyes I give up!

gospursgojas
06-25-2005, 11:49 AM
This dude is not the type of Guard we need on this team. The only time since game3 that we had control of the game against Detroit was when Tony was at the bench with Barry Playin' PG for us. He is a scoring first type of player that is not clutch, can't shoot from the outside, disappears from big games, doesn't play well the pick'n'roll with Duncan, can't make the right pass at the right time for Duncan very often, and could only be used as a sub like lindsay hunter or so as bust from the bench, otherwise NO.

Do You Agree???

Yeah... he was on only 2 of the Spurs 3 championships in more than 30 years.... :rolleyes

Tony Parker is only 23 and is here to stay get over it

gospursgojas
06-25-2005, 11:50 AM
Wow I just noticed how vBookie rich I am

TDMVPDPOY
06-25-2005, 11:56 AM
i agree trade hime :)

TDMVPDPOY
i agree trade him :)

midgetonadonkey
If it isn't broken, why try to fix it? We won twice with him as a starting PG. His game will evolve, he will get better.

ChumpDumper
06-25-2005, 11:57 AM
One bad series against the reigning Finals MVP and everybody wants Jason Kidd again.

Not happening.

TheAfricanFan
06-25-2005, 11:59 AM
Yeah, but I have most of these games on tape and from what I've witnessed Tony always had a backup to cover him up. In 2003, without speedy claxton Tony wouldn't even be here, he completely choked in that playoffs. this year without Manu's and Barry's PG minutes, We wouldn't be here celebrating. Without Bowen's defense on Billups ... I don't even know. I'm tired of wathing our PG been outplayed or chokin at playoff time.... whatever....

ChumpDumper
06-25-2005, 12:01 PM
Without Parker, we wouldn't make it to the Finals at all.

Whatever.

TheAfricanFan
06-25-2005, 12:02 PM
If it isn't broken, why try to fix it? We won twice with him as a starting PG. His game will evolve, he will get better.

So why some of you want to trade Rasho???

Cant_Be_Faded
06-25-2005, 12:19 PM
OMG This is the stupidest fucking shit anyone could possibly post!!!!

Stop and fucking realize that you don't just START by being in the playoffs. It takes hours and hours worth of sweat and heart in the regular season. The regular season DOES exist guys, regardless of how spoiled some spurs fans have become, we're not shaq and kobe, the regular season DOES matter!

Stop and fucking think about this entire season. Think if Parker was not here, how that would have affected the regular season. A few losses here, and we have a worse record than Detroit.

Then you expect us to have some fucking god-like point gaurd that can play Chauncy with detroit home court advantage??

Or better yet, did you expect Chauncy Billups himself to be our point gaurd???

Name a fucking list of who can fit our system and with more upside than Tony Parker!!! And if you name fucking mike bibby youre a stupid shit and thats that for this thread.

What more do you want? You can't expect a flawless performance or a duncanesque player in the form of a point guard. He's tony parker, he can only be tony parker. And if you ask ME he's doing a great job as our starting point guard.

NOONE ON OUR TEAM was even allowed to bring the ball up the floor against lindsey hunter, yet when did you see parker succumb to the trap? (better question, when in HISTORY have you seen parker succumb to the trap?)

Parker can't be expected to be passing Jason Kidd, can't be expected to score like allen iverson.
He's tony fucking parker, and he has helped his team to:

The 2nd round of the playoffs
A championship
A championship

If we only make the 2nd round of teh playoffs next year, then that still means Tony Parker has accomplished a better season as a point guard than like 10 other starting point guards in the league!

You can't expect a basketball god guys, everyone is allowed to be hard on him when he makes mistakes, and yes he has yet to step up in the finals for us, but its every WIN of every single GAME leading to the championship that makes you a champion.

Everyone on the team gets a ring, Everyone! And if you think our starting point guard sucks that much then get the fuck out of here.

Cant_Be_Faded
06-25-2005, 12:23 PM
Sorry i'm not done, i just still cant believe this.

Not the type of point guard this team needs.

In other words, not the type of point guard we needed to 4peat? Or did you expect a 7peat???

Jesus he has 2 championships in 4 years, thats a 50% championship rate! What more do you want?!?!?!?

He improved in almost every statistical category this season. He learned how to use his body to sheild bigger people from knocking him over so he can score on layups this season. He added a long range jumper this season. He learned not to rely on 3 pointers this season.

He IS improving, open your eyes!!!!

kevm2
06-25-2005, 12:28 PM
Seriously... I keep hearing all of this "trade Parker" talk. But for WHO? Who of high talent and a reasonable contract can we realistically trade Parker for? Jason Kidd? He's getting old and his contract would cripple this organization. Mike Bibby? Why would the Kings let him go?

miked2775
06-25-2005, 12:30 PM
i agree, people wanted j. kidd and tony beat him in the finals. hes not f ing jordan. hes the quickest in the nba with the ball and can break down ANY defense. give the pistons some credit, they play some of the toughest defense in the league. tony will only get better, he 23 for god sakes. dont forget the bonus of seeing eva every few games. wooohooooo.!!!!! so all of you ignorant fans that want to trade one of the core parts of the team should burn in hell. its a freaking team, each one covers the others back, on defense and on offense. all of you that dont see that, get a clue.

MaNuMaNiAc
06-25-2005, 12:31 PM
This is probably the 25th thread about this shit! Give it a rest people, TP isn't going anywhere

Cant_Be_Faded
06-25-2005, 12:32 PM
give the pistons some credit, they play some of the toughest defense in the league.

exactly

their d was incredible this series

lordswing
06-25-2005, 12:33 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/LordSwing2/capt.jpg

'nuff said

ChumpDumper
06-25-2005, 12:35 PM
If we traded Parker, we would've won it all this year!

Oh wait....

smeagol
06-25-2005, 12:38 PM
Not me.

SequSpur
06-25-2005, 12:39 PM
Recycle Bin

mrcoon29
06-25-2005, 12:40 PM
Well, while his offense hasn't been stellar in either of the Finals he's been in I don't believe we would have made it to the Finals without him. In both Finals he's had to go against True Pt Guards with years of experience on their side. I believe Tony did his job well enuf & I want him to stay. Game 6 they took their last shot of the game against Parker (and his neck) and Tony stood tough, kept his head & kept our lead and the Win.
He shot mechanics can improve..it's not like he won't practice it. His penetration of the lane is admirable..now if the bigs can get just a tad more open (or hang onto a pass *coughNazrcough* to receive the hand-off then all is very well in the world.

desflood
06-25-2005, 12:44 PM
I don't like Parker, but not because of his play.

td4mvp21
06-25-2005, 12:49 PM
I thought about it, but who else would we want? There's not any other point guard I would want. Parker just had a bad series, he's not that bad. During the regular season, he was actually very consistent. He needs to work on his jumper, thats about it. Sometimes he doesn't make the right decisions, but its pretty tough being a point guard, I'd imagine. He's a solid point guard, just needs to work on a few things.

wildbill2u
06-25-2005, 12:49 PM
Yeah, but I have most of these games on tape and from what I've witnessed Tony always had a backup to cover him up. In 2003, without speedy claxton Tony wouldn't even be here, he completely choked in that playoffs. this year without Manu's and Barry's PG minutes, We wouldn't be here celebrating. Without Bowen's defense on Billups ... I don't even know. I'm tired of wathing our PG been outplayed or chokin at playoff time.... whatever....

While I don't see him leaving, you have some good points. I was surprised that Pop said he played good defense on Hamilton after he lifted him off Billups for Bowen. Hamilton is even taller I think.

He's like the younger brother who you wish would grow up. Sometimes they do and sometimes they don't. But you can't trade him off because he's family. :lol

exstatic
06-25-2005, 01:00 PM
Tony Parker is the long term future of this franchise. Right now, he's the third option, and people may be expecting too much.

Manu will probably be effective only for this current contract with the reckless way he plays. Tony will just be hitting his peak at 29 when his expires, and will probably get another big contract after this one.

spurster
06-25-2005, 01:07 PM
Maybe the Spurs could trade Parker for Payton?

Uncle_Rico
06-25-2005, 01:12 PM
thing is tp hitting his peak is when manu and tim well be retiring or on the decline. so he better step up. im not for trading him because there is no one out there. but his play is just sloppy come post season. but please quit using this fucking excuse of he has 2 rings bullshit so know one should bad mouth him or want to trade him. :drunk

claxton played against some true pgs, aj played against some true pgs, but yet they some how hit some shots and showed up. that's all im saying.

Sense
06-25-2005, 01:14 PM
OMG This is the stupidest fucking shit anyone could possibly post!!!!

Stop and fucking realize that you don't just START by being in the playoffs. It takes hours and hours worth of sweat and heart in the regular season. The regular season DOES exist guys, regardless of how spoiled some spurs fans have become, we're not shaq and kobe, the regular season DOES matter!

Stop and fucking think about this entire season. Think if Parker was not here, how that would have affected the regular season. A few losses here, and we have a worse record than Detroit.

Then you expect us to have some fucking god-like point gaurd that can play Chauncy with detroit home court advantage??

Or better yet, did you expect Chauncy Billups himself to be our point gaurd???

Name a fucking list of who can fit our system and with more upside than Tony Parker!!! And if you name fucking mike bibby youre a stupid shit and thats that for this thread.

What more do you want? You can't expect a flawless performance or a duncanesque player in the form of a point guard. He's tony parker, he can only be tony parker. And if you ask ME he's doing a great job as our starting point guard.

NOONE ON OUR TEAM was even allowed to bring the ball up the floor against lindsey hunter, yet when did you see parker succumb to the trap? (better question, when in HISTORY have you seen parker succumb to the trap?)

Parker can't be expected to be passing Jason Kidd, can't be expected to score like allen iverson.
He's tony fucking parker, and he has helped his team to:

A championship
A championship

If we only make the 2nd round of teh playoffs next year, then that still means Tony Parker has accomplished a better season as a point guard than like 10 other starting point guards in the league!

You can't expect a basketball god guys, everyone is allowed to be hard on him when he makes mistakes, and yes he has yet to step up in the finals for us, but its every WIN of every single GAME leading to the championship that makes you a champion.

Everyone on the team gets a ring, Everyone! And if you think our starting point guard sucks that much then get the fuck out of here.

Preach my brotha...

TheAfricanFan
06-25-2005, 01:16 PM
thing is tp hitting his peak is when manu and tim well be retiring or on the decline. so he better step up. im not for trading him because there is no one out there. but his play is just sloppy come post season. but please quit using this fucking excuse of he has 2 rings bullshit so know one should bad mouth him or want to trade him

claxton played against some true pgs, aj played against some true pgs, but yet they some how hit some shots and showed up. that's all im saying.

Word

wildbill2u
The last post was right. Parker will never be traded as long as Pop is in charge.

Don't ever say never. On the Pop Show the other day Pop said they might look for a point guard in the draft which surprised me. He even said they might make a move to trade up. While this might be more CIA Pop stuff, it was a small warning flag that Pop will never fall in love with anyone but TIM as an untouchable.

But even if we draft a PG, it will probably be years before Pop would be ready to trade Parker because it usually takes a long time to groom a PG. It's very unlikely that we'll ever draft high enough to get a really primo PG.

TDMVPDPOY
trade him for fishing gear and fish bait :D

violentkitten
06-25-2005, 01:19 PM
worst. thread. ever.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-25-2005, 01:20 PM
Yeah, maybe we should trade him for Magic in his prime, then Africanboy would be happy :lol

Tony's had his struggles (most people playing against the Pistons do), but he's young and learning.

I'm not really sure who else is out there you'd want to get for him. Nash has only got 3 years or so left.

About the only guy I'd want for Tony is Wade and we all know that ain't happening.

Sense
06-25-2005, 01:20 PM
thing is tp hitting his peak is when manu and tim well be retiring or on the decline. so he better step up. im not for trading him because there is no one out there. but his play is just sloppy come post season. but please quit using this fucking excuse of he has 2 rings bullshit so know one should bad mouth him or want to trade him. :drunk

Tony has cruised the Spurs past some playoffs opponents... at a point where Manu nor Tim could bail us out.

I've seen this guy play his ass off when other "star" pointguards can't..

Excuse that he has 2 rings? Wow....he's a starter and he has 2 rings.. BUT WE SHOULDNT KEEP HIM!

I've never seen a pointguard like Tony Parker... he's the best penetrating pointguard in the league, that's why he doesn't need his shooting...

You guys really need to start watching the Spurs, or get off the bandwagon.

Uncle_Rico
06-25-2005, 01:21 PM
if the reg season is going to exhaust parker he better find another fucking sport money is made the post season. duncan and manu may dissappear or struggle in a game or 2 during a series, but this dude disappears when it matters most. if it wasnt for horry's 15 pts and barry picking up the slack at pg. detroit would celebrating right now.

violentkitten
06-25-2005, 01:21 PM
i hope you stupid motherfuckers realize that tony parker is a top 5 point guard in the nba today. suck a dick and choke on it.

Sense
06-25-2005, 01:23 PM
i hope you stupid motherfuckers realize that tony parker is a top 5 point guard in the nba today. suck a dick and choke on it.

What I ment in different words.

Uncle_Rico
Tony has cruised the Spurs past some playoffs opponents... at a point where Manu nor Tim could bail us out.

I've seen this guy play his ass off when other "star" pointguards can't..

Excuse that he has 2 rings? Wow....he's a starter and he has 2 rings.. BUT WE SHOULDNT KEEP HIM!

I've never seen a pointguard like Tony Parker... he's the best penetrating pointguard in the league, that's why he doesn't need his shooting...

You guys really need to start watching the Spurs, or get off the bandwagon.

i never said we shouldnt keep him. im just tired of someone replying back at the criticism of parker with "he has 2 rings". at least justify it. hell marks and wilkes have rings. u know what i mean. chill.

are you serious? we dont need his shooting because he can drive. now i have heard it all. he is one of the quickest penetrating pgs in the league but he isnt the best. u can make a case for ai or marbury.

so if he cant penetrate because of the defense and duncan is struggling because they collapse on him. tp's shooting shouldnt matter....hmm ok.
Offline | Online

MaNuMaNiAc
You're not helping yourself Kitten... P.S. Tony is not going to be traded, there's not one decent PG we could get at his price range that is better than TP.

ALVAREZ6
06-25-2005, 01:24 PM
Maybe the Spurs could trade Parker for Payton?
I hope you're joking....

jcrod
06-25-2005, 01:27 PM
This shit will never end. Do you people realize that when Manu and Barry will playing point it's when TP was taking a breather. He handled the ball everytime he was on the floor.

Remember all the Beno should be the starter shit....

Sense
06-25-2005, 01:28 PM
I hope you're joking....

Well, atleast he didn't say for Nocioni

violentkitten
06-25-2005, 01:30 PM
yeah, barry was playing backup point because of beno's inability to bring up the rock against pressure yet the resident dumbfucks here want to deal parker and have beno start.

i hate spurs fans.

Uncle_Rico
06-25-2005, 01:31 PM
im not going to deny the fact the tp can score in a playoff series. but i will say that when it's on the line and time to eliminate an opponent or avoiding elimination. cant say that tp is exactly the same tp we see during the season.

violentkitten
youre fucking signature isnt helping you either.

ALVAREZ6
Well, atleast he didn't say for Nocioni
Your point?

Uncle_Rico
06-25-2005, 01:37 PM
i will say that the money being wasted in the spurs fo is mainly on rasho. not parker.

Sense
06-25-2005, 01:38 PM
Your point?

My Point is that remark was stupid... my point is don't diss other idiots when you're acting like an idiot...

Nocioni for Parker? Are you kidding me or are you from Argentina?

OH WAIT... nvm.

Kori Ellis
06-25-2005, 01:39 PM
Tony averaged 17 ppg in the postseason. He played solid defense. The Spurs want him to be a scoring point guard, not a protypical point. His penetration is want starts the Spurs offense. He played against one of the better defending point guards in the league in the Finals.

Sure, he needs to work on his free throws and his jumpshot, but these threads are incredible stupid. I hate the fans who think if they love Manu, they have to hate Parker. I hate the fans who do not realize that every Spur played poorly through some stretches of the playoffs.

ALVAREZ6
06-25-2005, 01:40 PM
My Point is that remark was stupid... my point is don't diss other idiots when you're acting like an idiot...

OH WAIT... nvm.
I didn't say Paker for Nocioni, jackass. Read the thread, it's a thread about who would you like to see on the Spurs. I'm saying Nocioni would be a good back up for Bowen because of the way he plays defense and does all the dirty work. I never fucking said trade him for Parker.

Sense
06-25-2005, 01:40 PM
Tony averaged 17 ppg in the postseason. He played solid defense. The Spurs want him to be a scoring point guard, not a protypical point. His penetration is want starts the Spurs offense. He played against one of the better defending point guards in the league in the Finals.

Sure, he needs to work on his free throws and his jumpshot, but these threads are incredible stupid. I hate the fans who think if they love Manu, they have to hate Parker. I hate the fans who do not realize that every Spur played poorly through some stretches of the playoffs.

All my posts=this post...

Thank you

Sense
06-25-2005, 01:41 PM
I didn't say Paker for Nocioni, jackass. Read the thread, it's a thread about who would you like to see on the Spurs. I'm saying Nocioni would be a good back up for Bowen because of the way he plays defense and does all the dirty work. I never fucking said trade him for Parker.

The WHOLE thread was about the PG position....

unless you didn't read what the guy said..

If you're saying nocioni...say who for.. because I wouldn't trade T Mass for Nocioni.

MaNuMaNiAc
06-25-2005, 01:43 PM

OH WAIT... nvm. Sense, be carefull with what you say dude! What the fuck does being from Argentina have to do with anything??? Pipe down! I don't care how much you love TP and how much you hate when people bash on him, you need not insult a whole fucking country, you understand?

Sense
06-25-2005, 01:45 PM
Sense, be carefull with what you say dude! What the fuck does being from Argentina have to do with anything??? Pipe down! I don't care how much you love TP and how much you hate when people bash on him, you need not insult a whole fucking country, you understand?

Insult your country?

When did I insult your country moron?

Unless you have a sense of understanding, you wouldn't be complaining right now.

What I ment to say if you didn't understand, which is obvious... was that

he wants Nocioni on the team...where's Nocioni from? Right... Who wants him? An Argentinian...

do you still get my point?

it's a no shit...

MaNuMaNiAc
06-25-2005, 01:52 PM
Insult your country?

When did I insult your country moron?

Unless you have a sense of understanding, you wouldn't be complaining right now.

What I ment to say if you didn't understand, which is obvious... was that

he wants Nocioni on the team...where's Nocioni from? Right... Who wants him? An Argentinian...

do you still get my point?

it's a no shit...
So what all Argentinians are biased? I understood what you meant jackass, you have the brain capacity of termite!

Sense
06-25-2005, 01:56 PM
So what all Argentinians are biased? I understood what you meant jackass, you have the brain capacity of termite!

I ment he obviously wants a fucking argentinian in the Spurs team....that's so obvious, especially since people have been talking about argentinian players, just because of Manu.

I don't have the brain capacity of a termite... stop talking your shit.

And No, you never understood what I ment...

MaNuMaNiAc
06-25-2005, 02:21 PM
I ment he obviously wants a fucking argentinian in the Spurs team....that's so obvious, especially since people have been talking about argentinian players, just because of Manu.

I don't have the brain capacity of a termite... stop talking your shit.

And No, you never understood what I ment...
Nocioni is a great player, why wouldn't he want him for his ability to play, and not for the mere fact that his Argentinian! Your stupidity knows no bounds my friend, try thinking before posting please, you'll do everyone a favor

ducks
06-25-2005, 02:23 PM
this is the longest stupidest thread ever

MaNuMaNiAc
06-25-2005, 02:24 PM
this is the longest stupidest thread ever
agreed, sorry to be a part of it