PDA

View Full Version : Kobe to lead the NBA all time in bricks?

Kidd K
08-08-2012, 09:14 PM
Kobe is rapidly approaching leading the NBA all time in Field Goal Attempts missed. He has 12,420 regular season bricks right now. . .which correct me I'm wrong, is 5th most all time right now.

He's 50 bricks away from tying Kareem for 4th (Kareem took 5,601 more shots than Kobe)

262 bricks from trying Karl Malone for 3rd (Malone took 3,504 more shots)

876 bricks from tying 2nd Elvin Hayes for 2nd (Hayes took 1,566 more shots)

And only 997 away from Jon Havlicek for the most all time (Hondo took just 1,224 more shots than Kobe)

Kobe averages 832 bricks per season since becoming a starter in his 3rd season, so most likely by the end of next season, he will be nipping the heels of 2nd most all time, and will likely shatter the record in 2014. Depending on how long he plays, he might put the record way out of reach.

In defense of Kobe a little, he at least has decent assist totals, unlike Elvin Hayes, who dished less than 2 assists per game. Elgin Baylor and Allen Iverson also vastly exceeds Kobe in bricks per game, so Kobe's only passed them because they didn't play as many games. So Kobe won't go down as the biggest ballhog ever or anything.

But still, I wonder how having the all time bricks record will effect his legacy? It's a dubious record to say the least.

lefty
08-08-2012, 09:16 PM
At least he'll be able to build a new house when Vanessa dumps him again after the Olympics

FkLA
08-08-2012, 09:17 PM
He still averaged like 25+ ppg for his career and has 5 rings so dumbasses wont give a shit. Even if Shaq did hold his hand for the first three.

lefty
08-08-2012, 09:18 PM
He still averaged like 25+ ppg for his career and has 5 rings so dumbasses wont give a shit. Even if Shaq did hold his hand for the first three.

ESPN's new frontpage

AussieFanKurt
08-08-2012, 09:20 PM
At least he'll be able to build a new house when Vanessa dumps him again after the Olympics

:lol:lol

Bynumite
08-08-2012, 09:25 PM
Kobe, if he has quieted those concerned with his game: "I hope not. Then where is the fun?"

Deuce Bigalow
08-08-2012, 09:44 PM
Kobe is 5th on the All-Time Scoring List. He is the only Guard besides MJ to have over 29,000 points, the rest are Wilt, Malone, and Kareem. Centers who play in the paint. Barring any major injuries, Kobe will be 3rd on the All-Time scoring list and have the most points ever scored by a Guard in 2 seasons. So while he will have the most missed FGs ever, he would have the most points and the most made FGs by a non-big man (Centers/Power Forwards).

FkLA
08-08-2012, 09:46 PM

Kai
08-08-2012, 09:49 PM
"I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed."

Latarian Milton
08-09-2012, 08:31 AM
guards are supposed to miss more shots than bigs imho

Clipper Nation
08-09-2012, 09:00 AM
guards are supposed to miss more shots than bigs imho
NOBODY'S supposed to be chucking up 800+ bricks a year, tbh....

ambchang
08-09-2012, 12:07 PM
Fitting Kobe and Havlicek will be 1 and 2 in the record books, their careers are so similar.

Venti Quattro
08-09-2012, 12:14 PM
Why are spurbeans so concerned about Kobe's career instead of trying to improve their team

ElNono
08-09-2012, 12:21 PM
Why are spurbeans so concerned about Kobe's career instead of trying to improve their team

we just signed two frenchies and an aussie named patty, we stacked basically... doubt we're gonna be making any more market-busting signings, IMO...

ambchang
08-09-2012, 02:45 PM
The Kobe slobbers have gone from the standard "Kobe is greater than Jordan" to "5>4" to "Obsessed" arguments, I guess they can't even convince themselves of the previous two arguments, and have to try to use shame tactics.

But really, what's the big deal about leading the list in missed shots, the people on the list are all great players, you don't get to miss (therefore shoot) shots without being a #1 option on a team for a long time, or the #2 option on a team thinking like a #1 option.

Kidd K
08-09-2012, 04:02 PM

I just listed stats. Didn't even post an opinion on the subject besides one in Kobe's defense.

Fans can't physically improve their team anyway, so I don't even get what you're trying to suggest all non-Kobe/Lakers fans should do to avoid discussing Kobe in this dead offseason.

whitemamba
08-09-2012, 04:12 PM
I just listed stats. Didn't even post an opinion on the subject besides one in Kobe's defense.

Fans can't physically improve their team anyway, so I don't even get what you're trying to suggest all non-Kobe/Lakers fans should do to avoid discussing Kobe in this dead offseason.

ooooo so thats what the nba is about missing shots... u stupid fuck. who the fuck cares he can miss 2000000 more shots and its fine, as long as he wins it does not fucking matter.

Kidd K
08-09-2012, 04:13 PM
The Kobe slobbers have gone from the standard "Kobe is greater than Jordan" to "5>4" to "Obsessed" arguments, I guess they can't even convince themselves of the previous two arguments, and have to try to use shame tactics.

But really, what's the big deal about leading the list in missed shots, the people on the list are all great players, you don't get to miss (therefore shoot) shots without being a #1 option on a team for a long time, or the #2 option on a team thinking like a #1 option.

It's just a dubious honor. Like for baseball: most strikeouts (as a batter), most "caught stealing". Most "picked off". Or for basketball: "most turnovers", "most shots blocked (against)", and most bricks. Or for football, "most fumbles", "most thrown interceptions".

But technically it's hard to use the argument of "shot more shots so got more misses", when Jordan has taken nearly 2,000 more shots and missed less, Malone has taken 3.5k more shots, and Kareem over 5k more shots, and each barely has more misses right now. Kobe will be #1 in misses while being not very close to #1 in attempts. That argument can only be made in reference to not being the least efficient "volume scorer", which I agree with and even mentioned in my original post. In fact, by time Kobe shoots as many shots as Jordan, he should already be at or above the most misses all time. While still about 3,000 shots below most shots taken ever (by a guy who at that point would have 1,000 less misses too)

whitemamba
08-09-2012, 04:22 PM
u guys dont factor kobe playing almost the entire prime of his career injured, 2005-mid 2008 there was no one on that roster, thats 3-4 of kobe carrying the team.. funny how u guys talk shit on a guy who has more rings than ur organization

The Gemini Method
08-09-2012, 04:23 PM
Just establishing the inroads to a career after his ball playing days are over--Kobe's Homes for Hoe-bitat (only white broads qualify...)

Jodelo
08-09-2012, 05:09 PM
ooooo so thats what the nba is about missing shots... u stupid fuck. who the fuck cares he can miss 2000000 more shots and its fine, as long as he wins it does not fucking matter.

Tough to win when a guy chucks and bricks so many shots like you say... Pretty logical! :toast

u guys dont factor kobe playing almost the entire prime of his career injured, 2005-mid 2008 there was no one on that roster, thats 3-4 of kobe carrying the team.. funny how u guys talk shit on a guy who has more rings than ur organization

:depressed His finger :depressed Fuck off with these excuses!

whitemamba
08-09-2012, 06:43 PM
Tough to win when a guy chucks and bricks so many shots like you say... Pretty logical! :toast

:depressed His finger :depressed Fuck off with these excuses!

right bceause ur index finger on ur shooting hand doesnt mean anything:lol:lol:lol:lol

djohn2oo8
08-09-2012, 07:05 PM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1273616/thissofunbro.gif

DMC
08-09-2012, 07:26 PM
No one here has the power to improve their team. All any of us can do is float like turds down the river of mediocrity flipping each other off before we are flushed into the sewer of lottery teams.

Brazil
08-09-2012, 10:03 PM
we just signed two frenchies and an aussie named patty, we stacked basically... doubt we're gonna be making any more market-busting signings, IMO...

and we still have a TOSB from Argentina good to play 30 games next year for a reasonable $14M

namlook
08-09-2012, 10:49 PM
If he didn't have five rings it might mean something. Guys like Malone and Iverson have never won. Big E only won once. Missed fgs don't have much significance if your team is consistently ringing.

Jodelo
08-10-2012, 04:09 AM
right bceause ur index finger on ur shooting hand doesnt mean anything:lol:lol:lol:lol

That only comes up when the Lakers lost. :lmao No mentioning while they were winning two titles.

whitemamba
08-10-2012, 05:37 AM
That only comes up when the Lakers lost. :lmao No mentioning while they were winning two titles.

pretty sure it was getting mentioned by laker fans left and right, and the fact you are trying so hard to burn him is :rollin:rollin:rollin

Jodelo
08-10-2012, 06:53 AM
He can't shoot right with his fingers. :depressed:depressed:depressed

That's why he chucks 20+ shots a night!

Clipper Nation
08-10-2012, 06:56 AM
:cry Why can't the Germans invent steroids for his fingers? :cry

Venti Quattro
08-10-2012, 07:54 AM
:cry Why can't the Germans invent steroids for his fingers? :cry

Don't you dare malign the Fatherland, you faggot Clippers fan.