PDA

View Full Version : Question

herbivore female
06-24-2005, 04:05 PM
How come when the Spurs win the championship there is always something wrong and when other teams win it was their destiny and they played perfect basketball?

WayDowntownBang
06-24-2005, 04:06 PM
How come when the Spurs win the championship there is always something wrong and when other teams win it was their destiny and they played perfect basketball?

Not true.

And I've got to ask. Why don't you eat meat?

herbivore female
06-24-2005, 04:07 PM
Not true.

Same reason Larry Brown is going to the cavs.

WayDowntownBang
06-24-2005, 04:08 PM
Same reason Larry Brown is going to the cavs.

Oh. Health problems?

SpursWoman
06-24-2005, 04:08 PM

:lol

SWC Bonfire
06-24-2005, 04:09 PM
She doesn't eat meat in more ways than one.

easjer
06-24-2005, 04:09 PM
We were the destiny team in 1999.

We were the miracle team no one expected in 2003

This year? Dude, it was not our destiny - trades, injuries, a very,very tough road to the finals and we were nearly swallowed in them. Both teams played incredibly well and fought to the end, and we managed to come up with it. It wouldn't have been Detriot's destiny either.

We've just won our third championship in seven years. Be happy.

Rematch+Repeat=Revenge
06-24-2005, 04:12 PM

Welcome to our world. I guess they figured they'd rip on the Spurs this year. I must admit it started out as a great change of pace for me to hear an announcer, ANY announcer outside of Detroit say good things about us, but it got annoying after the third game. It detracts from the game and demeans a team's performance, and I'll even give props to the Avalanche when it's due.

WayDowntownBang
06-24-2005, 04:13 PM
She doesn't eat meat in more ways than one.

Then I've not use for her.

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-24-2005, 04:13 PM
The asterisk in 99, "accidental champions" in 03, let's see what dipshit excuse the national media can try to hang on this one. My guess is that someone will decide that it was unfair for Tim to injure his ankle, because it gave him a lot of rest going into the playoffs. Or that the Spurs violated some little known rule that all teams must have at least one primadonna or raging psychopath.

WayDowntownBang
06-24-2005, 04:15 PM
Don't feel bad. I'd rather be the "Accidental Champions" for 2005 than to be sitting here with the runner up tag. Who gives a piss what your detractors say. Your team won, you should be pissing in their general direction.

MiNuS
06-24-2005, 04:18 PM
i guess they're soft and dirty but classy all meshed into one.
Its like a girl mud fight by Playboy. Yessssss! Gruuuuuuuhhhh!

We have all heard ... 'that was a "dirty" win for the Spurs' about a million and a half times.

so then this was the "Blue Collar Championship" or Cameleon Championship or the Worldwide Team Champioship The "WWT".

The Spurs won in whatever way they had to become the Kings of the hill.

They played the hottest NBA team coming into the playoffs(Nuggetts),the very tough and whiniest team(Sonics) and the "Fun Ball-Run & Gun Show" from Phoenix and then they had to come back and play a VERY def-en-sive team which WAS the Champion from 04!

The Spurs showed versatility in this champioship and they ENTERTAINED!
BEST SPUR CHAMPIONSHIP BY FAR! IMO

herbivore female
06-24-2005, 04:20 PM
Among many other things,

In 1999 the Spurs were a fluke team winning in a shortened season.
In 2003 the Spurs didn't win back to back and beat the Mavs while Dirk got injured.
In 2005 Tim's legacy was ruined.

Or so they say.

It's just curious to me why I don't see these tags with other teams.

WayDowntownBang
06-24-2005, 04:21 PM
It's just curious to me why I don't see these tags with other teams.

Well, the Pistons were considered a fluke all of last year. The Spurs aren't the only team with that problem. I'm not even trying to be a dick or a smartass, but why are you even caring what others think?

Your boys WON. Piss on what everyone else says.

herbivore female
06-24-2005, 04:23 PM
but why are you even caring what others think?

Just feeling up free time.

SpursWoman
06-24-2005, 04:25 PM
you should be pissing in their general direction.

God, I love Monty Python. :lol

CrazyOne
06-25-2005, 06:54 AM
Herbie, if it isn't NY, LA or Miami winning it all, the national media don't like it... it ruins all their vacation plans.

polandprzem
06-25-2005, 07:23 AM
Dirty Bowen
Flopping Manu
Tim no clutch no all time great
Pistons not that good as last year

GopherSA
06-25-2005, 07:53 AM

We're a "small market" team...despite being in the 8th largest city in the nation. It's the same type garbage that's always said about the Twins (I'm from Minnesota) when they do well.

The media's storylines can't work when a "small market" team beats a "real" team from a "real" city. Add to that the fact that the Spurs don't (and I hope they never will) have any thugs, punks or druggies on their team and we have the "perfect storm" of a "boring" team in an "irrelevant" place.

JamStone
06-25-2005, 08:02 AM
Why is it that fans of championship teams always think they don't get enough respect?

Same goes for plenty of Detroit fans this whole past year with the "respect" thing. I don't get it. Your team wins a championship, and all of a sudden all these fans gripe about what the national media or fans from other cities say or think.

And, usually, it's not even true.

The Spurs were picked by many sports experts to win the championship this year, even before the season started. I haven't heard too many people, critics, fans say anything about the Spurs winning this year as being fluke or accidental.

This "us against the world" mentality does not fit the Spurs ... not a team who is pegged as one of the favorites every year for the last 3-4 years, and a team who has a player who is considered by many as the best player in the league.