PDA

View Full Version : ‘Kidnap children of gay couples’

AussieFanKurt
08-08-2012, 10:37 PM
The director of the American Family Association has called for children of same-sex parents to be forcibly taken away for their own protection.
On Tuesday, Bryan Fischer called for an “Underground Railroad to deliver innocent children from same-sex households” via Twitter (https://twitter.com/BryanJFischer).
Backlash to the tweet was swift, with condemnation from groups such as the Human Rights Campaign (http://www.hrc.org/blog/entry/bryan-fischer-calls-for-underground-railroad-to-save-children-of-same-sex-f/) (HRC).
“Fischer’s call for kidnapping children from same-sex partners is not only offensive, but a harmful mischaracterisation of families that struggle daily to provide loving and safe home environments despite significant legal, financial and dignitary inequality,” an HRC official wrote on the organisation’s blog.
The Australian Christian Lobby this week (http://www.starobserver.com.au/news/2012/08/07/gay-marriage-to-make-new-stolen-generation/82367) continued to compare the children of same-sex families to the Stolen Generation.
Once again, what is wrong with people? They would be the first to say that people without religion, gays etc etc are without morals but are literally encouraging kidnapping.

The authors found that children raised by lesbian mothers — whether the mother was partnered or single — scored very similarly to children raised by heterosexual parents on measures of development and social behavior. These findings were expected, the authors said; however, they were surprised to discover that children in lesbian homes scored higher than kids in straight families on some psychological measures of self-esteem and confidence, did better academically and were less likely to have behavioral problems, such as rule-breaking and aggression.

Read more: http://www.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,1994480,00.html#ixzz2315p4Ium

hmm

Clipper Nation
08-08-2012, 10:59 PM
Cue the ne:lolc:lolns... :cry "But... but... we don't care if people are gay, we're just for 'traditional' marriage!" :cry

velik_m
08-09-2012, 01:01 AM
Once again, what is wrong with people? They would be the first to say that people without religion, gays etc etc are without morals but are literally encouraging kidnapping.

hmm

It's a logical conclusion - if you believe that children are being seriously harmed by being raised in same-sex family, getting them out by any means necessary is acceptable. After all for most people the welfare of children is more important than some law.

AussieFanKurt
08-09-2012, 01:18 AM
It's a logical conclusion - if you believe that children are being seriously harmed by being raised in same-sex family, getting them out by any means necessary is acceptable. After all for most people the welfare of children is more important than some law.

Well the thing is research has shown that gay parents don't harm their kids... so yeah

Yonivore
08-09-2012, 01:33 AM
Well the thing is research has shown that gay parents don't harm their kids... so yeah
Not all research.

How different are the adult children of parents who have same-sex relationships? Findings from the New Family Structures Study (http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0049089X12000610)

Yonivore
08-09-2012, 01:43 AM
Meanwhile, this might explain any disproportionate number of studies that could be found to counter the one I just posted.

Admitting to Bias (http://www.insidehighered.com/news/2012/08/08/survey-finds-social-psychologists-admit-anti-conservative-bias)

Numerous surveys have found that professors, especially those in some disciplines, are to the left of the general public. But those same -- and other -- surveys have rarely found evidence that left-leaning academics discriminate on the basis of politics. So to many academics, the question of ideological bias is not a big deal. Investment bankers may lean to the right, but that doesn't mean they don't provide good service (or as best the economy will permit) to clients of all political stripes, the argument goes.

And professors should be assumed to have the same professionalism.
A new study, however, challenges that assumption -- at least in the field of social psychology. The study isn't due to be published until next month (in Perspectives on Psychological Science), and the authors and others are noting limitations to the study. But its findings of bias by social psychologists (even if just a decent-sized minority of them) are already getting considerable buzz in conservative circles. Just over 37 percent of those surveyed said that, given equally qualified candidates for a job, they would support the hiring of a liberal candidate over a conservative candidate. Smaller percentages agreed that a "conservative perspective" would negatively influence their odds of supporting a paper for inclusion in a journal or a proposal for a grant. (The final version of the paper is not yet available, but an early version may be found on the website of the Social Science Research Network.)

Read more: http://www.insidehighered.com/news/2012/08/08/survey-finds-social-psychologists-admit-anti-conservative-bias#ixzz231q9IVoD
Inside Higher Ed
Incidentally, the guy whose study I linked in the last post has been harassed and gay activists have demanded he be fired. There's no evidence he went into the study with a bias or agenda yet, the tolerant left, instead of analyzing his findings and criticizing them on their merit attempt to do with him what they attempted with Cathy.

Silence him.

If he's wrong demonstrate it in his own data.

AussieFanKurt
08-09-2012, 01:46 AM
Okay so from this you have come to conclusion children of gay parents should be taken from them?

Yonivore
08-09-2012, 01:49 AM
Okay so from this you have come to conclusion children of gay parents should be taken from them?
No; just that not all research agrees with your position.

AussieFanKurt
08-09-2012, 01:51 AM
No; just that not all research agrees with your position.

Lets be honest there's research on a lot of things that show both sides of the spectrum. That's a given.

ElNono
08-09-2012, 01:55 AM
Not all research.

How different are the adult children of parents who have same-sex relationships? Findings from the New Family Structures Study (http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0049089X12000610)

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/study-gay-parenting-draws-criticism/story?id=16528374

Wild Cobra
08-09-2012, 02:02 AM
I haven't seen anything that indicates children of a gay household are any better or worse of than other children. If we were to take them away for such reasons, what's next? Unless there is abuse, children are best with their parents.

Yonivore
08-09-2012, 02:06 AM
Lets be honest there's research on a lot of things that show both sides of the spectrum. That's a given.
So you just choose to rely on the uninverse of research that agrees with your position.

AussieFanKurt
08-09-2012, 02:07 AM
No, I was going on my stance and found some research that re-affirmed it. Ultimately there's shitty straight parents and would be shitty gay parents. Wild Cobra probably makes the point the best

coyotes_geek
08-09-2012, 08:38 AM

If I think you're a bad parent is it okay for me to kidnap your kid? The welfare of your child is certainly more important than some law, and who could possibly know more about your child's welfare than me?

What about all the kids being raised by poor families? Is it time to start rounding them up to take them away from their parents? Certainly they're being harmed by being raised in a poor family. What about single parent households? That can't be good for them either.

George Gervin's Afro
08-09-2012, 08:45 AM
So you just choose to rely on the uninverse of research that agrees with your position.

LOL you are the last person on this form to make this statement..I almost fell out of my chair when I read this..

Halberto
08-09-2012, 08:59 AM
Playing devils advocate here, but are children "kidnapped" in abusive situations?

boutons_deux
08-09-2012, 09:15 AM

So these assholes' "Christian" morals trump civil/criminal laws?

I'm sure that's the case. Murdering an abortionist was necessary in their twisted "Christ centric" world.

coyotes_geek
08-09-2012, 09:21 AM
Playing devils advocate here, but are children "kidnapped" in abusive situations?

Yes.

leemajors
08-09-2012, 09:23 AM
Kidnapping is a good head start on being a future psycho

boutons_deux
08-09-2012, 09:28 AM
kidnapping is crime.

authorities removing minors from mistreatment is legal.

Halberto
08-09-2012, 09:39 AM
Am I the only one noticing the usage of the word kidnapping here???

coyotes_geek
08-09-2012, 09:41 AM
Am I the only one noticing the usage of the word kidnapping here???

No, you're not. What's your point?

Halberto
08-09-2012, 09:57 AM
Why try to talk sense to someone who views this as kidnapping?

Creepn
This is only an attack on gays because if it wasn't then kids wouldv'e been kidnapped from poor single parent homes. Look at Octomom's situation. Doesn't seem like a stable home there.

DUNCANownsKOBE
We should also kidnap any children of Islamic parents. Those children are being groomed as future terrorists who are being brainwashed by the Muslim Brotherhood. If Huma Abedin was kidnapped early on in life we might have been able to save her.

Spurminator
08-09-2012, 09:59 AM

If a group of people is sidestepping the law to usher kids away from their parents, even if the kids WANT to escape, it's kidnapping. It's no different from a father with no custody rights convincing his daughter to come with him to Canada.

coyotes_geek
08-09-2012, 10:09 AM

I dunno, maybe just for the sake of having a potentially interesting and entertaining conversation? I can't promise that I'll agree with you but I can promise a good faith effort to be open minded. State your case. Why shouldn't I think forcibly removing kids from same sex households solely because it's a same sex household qualifies as kidnapping?

ChumpDumper
08-09-2012, 10:45 AM
Not all research.

How different are the adult children of parents who have same-sex relationships? Findings from the New Family Structures Study (http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0049089X12000610)Another argument in favor of gay marriage tbh.

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-09-2012, 11:17 AM
Not all research.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504763_162-57451777-10391704/kids-of-gay-parents-fare-worse-study-finds-but-draws-fire-from-experts/

"There are some valid criticisms that are being made, such as the measurement decision on who should be called a lesbian mother in this study," Regnerus said. "People might say that's irresponsible to do this study without all these stable lesbian couples in the study," he said, adding the random sampling only found two out of the 175 children who said they lived in a home with both same-sex parents throughout all 18 years. "I would have been happy to compare them but they did not exist in large enough numbers."
Gee, I wonder how he drew the conclusion that same sex households were bad for kids when most of his sample was from unstable same-sex households.

velik_m
08-10-2012, 12:28 AM
If I think you're a bad parent is it okay for me to kidnap your kid? The welfare of your child is certainly more important than some law, and who could possibly know more about your child's welfare than me?

What about all the kids being raised by poor families? Is it time to start rounding them up to take them away from their parents? Certainly they're being harmed by being raised in a poor family. What about single parent households? That can't be good for them either.

Hey, the guy asked what is wrong with people. I just explained if you start from their premise (gay parents=child abuse) it's not that crazy or evil to come to that conclusion. And yes if i'm a bad parent the government (a.k.a. society) will "kidnap" my kids. In this case this religious crazies just don't see the government doing it's job, so they take it upon themselves to "fix" the situation. The solution seems "simple": the rest of us need to convince this people that gay parents=ok and the problem disappears.

coyotes_geek
08-10-2012, 12:13 PM
Hey, the guy asked what is wrong with people. I just explained if you start from their premise (gay parents=child abuse) it's not that crazy or evil to come to that conclusion. And yes if i'm a bad parent the government (a.k.a. society) will "kidnap" my kids. In this case this religious crazies just don't see the government doing it's job, so they take it upon themselves to "fix" the situation. The solution seems "simple": the rest of us need to convince this people that gay parents=ok and the problem disappears.

What you're describing is rationalization, which isn't the same thing as making a logical or acceptable decision. If you start with a crazy and evil premise, you're going to end up with a crazy and evil conclusion no matter what "logic" you try to apply in the middle.